Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

Just going to put this out there:

Listening to Sheryls podcast where she is defending and fucking over the top praising herself. She says, and I quote

“You love your friend you’re  gonna love  your friend even if your friend wrong”

well. I am having a lot of internal  issues with this whole Sharon/Piers/Racist/attack(according to Sharon) 

Edited by chediavolo
Spelling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm hoping (& praying) that SO's righteous indignation will go into overdrive & push CBS to hand her her ass on a platter.

I think Sheryl, Elaine & Amanda would make a good foundation & two new women, like Joy Behar & Sara Haines would be a good addition. 

Carrie Ann, although I adore her, has too many health problems & seems to be very emotional of late.  Just sayin'!!

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Sheryl, Elaine & Amanda would make a good foundation & two new women, like Joy Behar & Sara Haines would be a good addition. 

I think those ladies are busy. 

I'm trying to think of similar people who'd be available and interesting. 

In an interesting reversal from the usual on TV, it's somewhat ironic that what this show possibly needs is a new (less assholish, of course) white person. 

Or not.  They've still got one, right?  Julie Chen's been gone awhile.  Maybe give the Asian community some new representation.  Especially one not married to her own boss. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, catlover79 said:

The show is taking a "brief" hiatus:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadline.com/2021/03/the-talk-hiatus-sharon-osbourne-controversy-canceled-shows-piers-morgan-1234714187/amp/

ETA: Sorry, I posted this before noticing someone else already had. March Madness is coming up, and maybe it would be wise to put the show on hold until after that's over with. 

I don't know about anyone else here, but in the Cleveland market the Governor of Ohio still makes his twice-a-week COVID-19 press conferences at 2 PM. That's sure to have played a part in the ratings slide. Sara and Eve sure knew when to jump ship!!

I looked up the schedule for March Madness and the final game ends at the beginning of April. That's too long a break and certainly wouldn't help the ratings. The smartest thing to do is bring Sharon back for her weepy good riddance then keep doing the show with the other hosts imo. 

23 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm hoping (& praying) that SO's righteous indignation will go into overdrive & push CBS to hand her her ass on a platter.

I think Sheryl, Elaine & Amanda would make a good foundation & two new women, like Joy Behar & Sara Haines would be a good addition. 

Carrie Ann, although I adore her, has too many health problems & seems to be very emotional of late. Just sayin'!!

True, but I think she's a good moderator and I like her positive energy.

As for a replacement (please Lord let the witch melt come Wednesday), I think Brigitte Neilson should get the gig. She's the total opposite of Sharon in that she isn't an attention hog, she respects other opinions and doesn't state hers as cold hard facts. Plus she fits in with the panel. 

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, pachebo said:

Is Sarah Gilbert still an exec producer, and has she weighed in at all on this current hot mess?

No. They hired two new female EPs/showrunners back in the fall. No word from Sara about the situation. I'd keep my head down and zip my lips if I were her. She's been gone for almost two years and whatever happens to Sharon is on her. I certainly don't want to hear any excuses about Sharon being a "good person who made a mistake" from her or anyone else. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kromm said:

I think those ladies are busy. 

I'm trying to think of similar people who'd be available and interesting. 

In an interesting reversal from the usual on TV, it's somewhat ironic that what this show possibly needs is a new (less assholish, of course) white person. 

Or not.  They've still got one, right?  Julie Chen's been gone awhile.  Maybe give the Asian community some new representation.  Especially one not married to her own boss.

I didn't mean Behar or Haines specifically, but women like them.  For openers, I'd love to see Yvette Nicole Brown (who lives in L.A.).

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

True, but I think she's a good moderator and I like her positive energy.

As for a replacement (please Lord let the witch melt come Wednesday), I think Brigitte Neilson should get the gig. She's the total opposite of Sharon in that she isn't an attention hog, she respects other opinions and doesn't state hers as cold hard facts. Plus she fits in with the panel. 

I agree that Carrie Ann is a good moderator with positive energy, BUT these fine qualities have been lacking lately.

Brigitte would be a dynamite addition ... lots of life experience, a bit bawdy & a great sense of humour.

I think Elaine would be a good moderator.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

I didn't mean Behar or Haines specifically, but women like them.  For openers, I'd love to see Yvette Nicole Brown (who lives in L.A.).

I also adore both Joy and Sara and would love women like them. I've been dying for YNB to join one of the talk shows I watch for years. She's a good woman but has opinions! Same with Brigitte Nielsen. 

It's so sad someone as sweet and soft as Sheryl has to hold back. 😞 I just hope Sharon leaves her alone. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Sheryl had to hold back when it came to Sharon.  She had to measure her words and this is what Black folks have had to do to survive.  We cannot always say what we feel especially when we are having a discussion especially one that has to do about racism with a White person especially one that has power like Sharon.. Sharon has power on the show and Sheryl had to be careful and it was why she was leaning on Elaine to help her out.. Sheryl was just wonderful...

Do you watch The Boys on Amazon? There was a great line this season about this very issue. There's a conversation between Edgar, who is Black, and Billy Butcher, who is white, about a very powerful, influential and racist white female character.

“I can’t lash out like some raging entitled maniac,” Edgar says. “That is a white man's luxury.”

“So, it’s just business then, eh?” Billy asks.

“When, Mr. Butcher, in history has it ever been about anything different?”

Sheryl doesn't have luxury or leverage to be able to truly act on her feelings. She was doing what she felt she could in the role that she has.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
46 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Does anyone know the story behind what Holly is referencing?  With Julie and all?

If I were to guess, Julie being Les Moonves' wife, had the most power out the 5 at the time, even outranking Sharon and Sara.  This seems to imply that Julie had a hand in her firing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

You guys think we could ever get Holly or Leah back. I LOVED the show when they were on. They both brought a lot of humor. 

I don't think so. According to Holly's email CBS tried to blackball both Holly and Leah so I don't think that would encourage either to return as co-hosts. As guests, maybe. It would be delicious to have both on after Sharon gets canned. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Does anyone know the story behind what Holly is referencing?  With Julie and all?

I can't find the post where I talked about it in detail so I'll just tell it again. I'm in a storyteller mood so grab a snack if you need to. 😉

According to Leah's book, Julie and Sharon hated each other from the start. For example, Sharon had a fit when CBS wouldn't pay for her hair and makeup team to fly out for the Upfronts in New York (they had hair and makeup people set up for all the hosts there) and she accused CBS of being cheap with the lowest rated shows. Julie collected the ratings of the shows and threw them in Sharon's face (figuratively speaking). Things got so bad that Sharon confided to Holly and Leah and that she wanted to quit the show over the holidays and they convinced her to stick around. Leah's mother told Leah to just let Sharon quit, but Leah was trying to be a friend to her. 

By the spring morale was low behind the scenes and Leah and Holly decided to organize a dinner with just the hosts, crew and their families. She called Julie and either asked Julie to call Sharon or the other way around the night before the dinner. Now here's where shit went all the way to the left.

The night of the dinner Leah arrived at the restaurant to find Julie and Sharon having a private conversation away from the others. She was pleased because it seemed like things were looking up between them and she joined everyone else at the table. Julie took a seat as did Sharon and after a couple of drinks Sharon started in on Leah. She was angry that she'd sent a group email to everyone the night before asking everyone to put their issues to one side for a positive night. Sharon said Leah had some nerve to talk about positivity because she was "the most negative on the show" and was goading her into a fight. Leah told her to knock it off and Sharon came back with "What are you gonna do? Sic your low-life, crime mob family on me?" Leah threatened to knock her upside her head with her Long Island iced tea and stormed off in tears. Holly was the only one who went outside to console her. Leah and Sharon would fight and make up a lot during the first season and Sharon apologized to her after that. Sharon made a statement that she'd be scaling back on her appearances on the show and it sounded like she was on her way out for good (if only). A week after the first season wrapped Leah's agent called to inform her that her contract was not going to be renewed. At the end of the chapter she said she'd planned on telling every last detail about how all of that went down, but she felt that doing so would make her no better than them. She saw Julie walk past her dressing room when she was on "The Exes" (her dressing room was directly above The Talk's studio) a few years later and Leah gave her a hug and apologized for whatever part she played in what happened. Julie smiled and said she hoped everything was going well with Leah and her family and that was it. 

Phew! I probably left out a few details, but there's the gist of it. I'm still confused as to why Julie decided to team up with Sharon, but there was so much talk in the press about Julie using her influence with Les to fire Holly and Leah that Les himself said Julie had nothing to do with it. Holly's email backs it up. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
29 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I can't find the post where I talked about it in detail so I'll just tell it again. I'm in a storyteller mood so grab a snack if you need to. 😉

Thank you!!!!!!  I do enjoy tea:)

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 3/12/2021 at 4:25 PM, LetsStartTalking said:

Yesterday's show was one of the most awkward on television in recent history. Sharon should've taken the day off, and next week, too. The white-knuckle tension between her, Sheryl and Elaine was more than evident while they tried to keep smiles plastered on their faces.

Definitely the most awkward episode in the history of this show!! Did anyone read the article posted earlier this evening by Page Six?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesix.com/2021/03/15/elaine-welteroth-complains-of-racial-insensitivity-at-the-talk/amp/

• Love 2
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Thank you!!!!!!  I do enjoy tea:)

You're welcome. 🙂

1 hour ago, catlover79 said:

Definitely the most awkward episode in the history of this show!! Did anyone read the article posted earlier this evening by Page Six?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesix.com/2021/03/15/elaine-welteroth-complains-of-racial-insensitivity-at-the-talk/amp/

I usually give rags like Page Six the sideye, but Sharon's track record ain't lookin' too good. Still not sure if I'd call her a racist, but she's a Grade A asshole who will say just about anything to hurt people. Her reign of terror should've ended a long time ago. 

• Love 14
31 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

You're welcome. 🙂

I usually give rags like Page Six the sideye, but Sharon's track record ain't lookin' too good. Still not sure if I'd call her a racist, but she's a Grade A asshole who will say just about anything to hurt people. Her reign of terror should've ended a long time ago. 

I'm kind of in the same boat. I find racists to be some of the most despicable people on earth, so I try not to jump to labeling people as racists. Since I've watched The Talk, I never noticed Sharon being rougher on people of color, but it's possible she doesn't pick up on racism that isn't overt from others. That's exactly what Sheryl and Elaine tried to explain to her. Now most of us agree Sharon can be an asshole, so if she loses a job over the recent drama, I won't exactly be upset about it. I'm not a cancel culture person, but I don't like to see assholes given break after break. I just want the other women, who are all so lovely and have been doing great work, to be left alone. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm kind of in the same boat. I find racists to be some of the most despicable people on earth, so I try not to jump to labeling people as racists. Since I've watched The Talk, I never noticed Sharon being rougher on people of color, but it's possible she doesn't pick up on racism that isn't overt from others. That's exactly what Sheryl and Elaine tried to explain to her. Now most of us agree Sharon can be an asshole, so if she loses a job over the recent drama, I won't exactly be upset about it. I'm not a cancel culture person, but I don't like to see assholes given break after break. I just want the other women, who are all so lovely and have been doing great work, to be left alone. 

Well said, @RealHousewife. I hope she leaves the other ladies alone as well. Attacking them won't do a thing to get her job back and hopefully she'll admit defeat and just go away. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Jaded said:

Sharon Osbourne and Sheryl Underwood still at odds after ‘Talk’ race flap

Sharon expected maybe two questions, not a 20-minute segment on it. It broke precedent, and to make matters worse, [the ladies] had a come-to-Jesus moment a few weeks ago, vowing to have each other’s backs. For her to get attacked the way she did, felt very painful.

Osbourne dropped the “F bomb” twice, including yelling, “I can’t be racist. I’m a [bleeping] Jew.”

Sharon got an angry 20 minute segment instead of 2 brief questions because she flipped out. Had she been able to calmly answer those questions, the entire segment would have lasted 5 minutes. It turned into something long and acrimonious because of Sharon.

Someone needs to explain to Sharon that women can be misogynists, queer people can be homophobic and transphobic, Jews can be antisemites and racists, and generally people from marginalized groups can be bigots. She's a dumb entitled ass.

56 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

And Leah Remini's accusing Sharon of using racist slurs against Julie and homophobic ones against Sara: https://www.thewrap.com/sharon-osbourne-racist-homophobic-slurs-the-talk-co-hosts-leah-remini/.

I see she's hired Howard Bragman as her new publicist. He does a ton of crisis PR. That's a clear sign that she's actually in trouble. People turn to him as a last resort. Those slurs legitimately sound like things Sharon would say.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

My feelings are mixed after reading the Hollywood Reporter article. Yes, Sharon should have faced consequences long before this. (Brigitte should have been a full-time co-host the second a vacancy came up.) We could have cut the tension last week with a knife, and the rest of the week (including pretaped Friday) was uncomfortably awkward.

Because the morale (and ratings) are at an all-time low, do you think CBS will use the controversy to just cancel the show altogether? Sharon's not their only problem. Carrie Ann's health issues have gotten worse (though that's not her fault). The constant (but important) preemptions from the CBS affiliates for statewide COVID-19 updates has definitely thrown a wrench into their ratings, and the lack of a studio audience has kind of given the show a claustrophobic feel. 

I'd like to see the show ride out these storms, and I think Sharon's out one way or the other. I'd like to see one of the trusty longtime guest hosts get promoted (if not Brigitte, then Carnie, Jodie or Rumer) and develop a warm chemistry that will be intact when live audiences are allowed back in. Next?

Edited by catlover79
  • Love 5

Talk shows are comparatively easy to create, IMO.  Cancel this puppy and put something fresh on, even if it spends a few months raw. Or maybe just an outright current affairs/news program. 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Sharon got an angry 20 minute segment instead of 2 brief questions because she flipped out. Had she been able to calmly answer those questions, the entire segment would have lasted 5 minutes. It turned into something long and acrimonious because of Sharon.

Someone needs to explain to Sharon that women can be misogynists, queer people can be homophobic and transphobic, Jews can be antisemites and racists, and generally people from marginalized groups can be bigots. She's a dumb entitled ass.

I see she's hired Howard Bragman as her new publicist. He does a ton of crisis PR. That's a clear sign that she's actually in trouble. People turn to him as a last resort. Those slurs legitimately sound like things Sharon would say.

Reading what Sharon allegedly called Sara reminded me of one of Sharon and Julie's interviews with Howard Stern where she said she would make crass "jokes" about Sara being a lesbian. If she arrived late to a meeting she'd ask in front of the whole room "Were you busy eating out your lover?" and ask her questions about how lesbians have sex. I would not be surprised if that bit resurfaces. 

22 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

My feelings are mixed after reading the Hollywood Reporter article. Yes, Sharon should have faced consequences long before this. (Brigitte should have been a full-time co-host the second a vacancy came up.) We could have cut the tension last week with a knife, and the rest of the week (including pretaped Friday) was uncomfortably awkward.

Because the morale (and ratings) are at an all-time low, do you think CBS will use the controversy to just cancel the show altogether? Sharon's not their only problem. Carrie Ann's health issues have gotten worse (though that's not her fault). The constant (but important) preemptions from the CBS affiliates for statewide COVID-19 updates has definitely thrown a wrench into their ratings, and the lack of a studio audience has kind of given the show a claustrophobic feel. 

I'd like to see the show ride out these storms, and I think Sharon's out one way or the other. I'd like to see one of the trusty longtime guest hosts get promoted (if not Brigitte, then Carnie, Jodie or Rumer) and develop a warm chemistry that will be intact when live audiences are allowed back in. Next?

I think CBS will do everything they can to save the show, but keeping Sharon (which only an idiot would do) would obviously be suicide to the show. I don't think they should cancel it because of Sharon. Why should the other co-hosts and crew members lose their job because of what she's done? First things first, send Endora on her way, directly address this controversy and please hire a better replacement like the ones you listed. It won't be easy, but they can try. Lord, this is a hot, hot, HOT ass mess, y'all! 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

And Leah Remini's accusing Sharon of using racist slurs against Julie and homophobic ones against Sara: https://www.thewrap.com/sharon-osbourne-racist-homophobic-slurs-the-talk-co-hosts-leah-remini/.

Wow. I feel Leah Remini is not lying. She seems to be sincere.  I love her podcast on Scientology.  I don’t know, I side with her. Which makes Sharon and even more vile piece of shit than I thought she was. 

• Love 7

So more accusations of racist comments against Chen from Osbourne, and now the show is on 'hiatus' until the 23rd, while CBS 'investigates' further ?

I say there is no investigation, but a 'negotiation' . The top brass is most likely negotiating an exit strategy to get rid of Osbourne with her lawyers, and a settlement to go with it.  They thought they could negotiate her exit over the weekend, but they announced Sunday afternoon it would take till Tuesday (today). Negotiations failed, so they need more time.

If the show comes back, I doubt Osbourne will be a part of it. She will use the excuse she's 'wanting to spend more time with her family and work on other projects'. If they can't work out a reasonable negotiation with her, then they cancel the show - and no payments to the cast (they're now all unemployed).

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

Wow. I feel Leah Remini is not lying. She seems to be sincere.  I love her podcast on Scientology.  I don’t know, I side with her. Which makes Sharon and even more vile piece of shit than I thought she was. 

I've always disliked her because of the occasional glimpses into the real witch that she is!!

• Love 9

Sharon just appeared on Entertainment Tonight and will be on tomorrow as well. She’s basically saying that because of a previous episode where the producers had Elaine ask Carrie Ann a question about using the N word the cast as group agreed that they’d never spring gotcha questions on each other at the producers urging. Sharon felt that promise was broken that day because Sheryl and Elaine were reading those type of questions off the blue cards that day. She said that’s why she lost it. She said 30 minutes before the show the producers asked if she wanted to address the issue and she agreed, but then 8 minutes before show time a producer came up and said “what if we say one of them doesn’t agree with you?” and Sharon said that would be okay too. She just didn’t know that she would be the sole focus of the segment. She apologized for her behavior and Kevin Frazier told her that it was probably on her to know about Piers background before defending him since he was her friend. I’m paraphrasing all of this and it’s definitely worth seeing the full segment. It sounded like Sharon doesn’t know where they will all go from here. She wants there to be more conversation about it on the show, but isn’t sure if there is too much damage done at this point. 

Update: ET has posted the story

https://www.etonline.com/sharon-osbourne-on-her-future-at-the-talk-says-she-never-shouldve-dismissed-sheryl-underwood-162441

Edited by Angeleyes
Inserted ET’s story link
  • Useful 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Same. Leah has nothing to gain by sharing this and she probably would've kept it to herself had this fiasco not happened. Holly and Leah are better than me. I would've stung the hell out of Sharon to every media outlet from here to Timbuktu til I took my last breath. Especially if she kept bringing me up after having me fired a whole decade ago.

1 hour ago, Angeleyes said:

Sharon just appeared on Entertainment Tonight and will be on tomorrow as well. She’s basically saying that because of a previous episode where the producers had Elaine ask Carrie Ann a question about using the N word the cast as group agreed that they’d never spring gotcha questions on each other at the producers urging. Sharon felt that promise was broken that day because Sheryl and Elaine were reading those type of questions off the blue cards that day. She said that’s why she lost it. She said 30 minutes before the show the producers asked if she wanted to address the issue and she agreed, but then 8 minutes before show time a producer came up and said “what if we say one of them doesn’t agree with you?” and Sharon said that would be okay too. She just didn’t know that she would be the sole focus of the segment. She apologized for her behavior and Kevin Frazier told her that it was probably on her to know about Piers background before defending him since he was her friend. I’m paraphrasing all of this and it’s definitely worth seeing the full segment. It sounded like Sharon doesn’t know where they will all go from here. She wants there to be more conversation about it on the show, but isn’t sure if there is too much damage done at this point. 

Sharon is so full of shit if she told me water is wet and the earth is round, I'd ask for a second opinion. She only gave that apology because she was pressured into by CBS. I don't know where the show itself will go after this, but I don't want her to step foot on that stage again. She showed her true colors and now her ass is paying for it. Get your cauldron, load up your broom and fly into a rainstorm, Mrs. O! You won't be missed. 

1 hour ago, jkspeaks said:

after reading about everything, I really wonder about the future of this show. Next Tuesday I wonder how things will be.

Somber, I'm sure. It'll take time for them to move on, but the sooner you exorcise the demon, the better. 

• Love 15

I know that Leah is telling the truth about Sharon’s comments to Sara, but I remember Sara talking about it on the show (it may have been her birthday show or her last show). Sara was telling a story about Sharon and she mentioned that they had the kind of joking relationship where they say offensive things to each other. I’m not saying it’s right, but some friends are like that with each other. I don’t know if that was also true of the Julie/Sharon relationship. I don’t remember that being mentioned on the show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Angeleyes said:

I know that Leah is telling the truth about Sharon’s comments to Sara, but I remember Sara talking about it on the show (it may have been her birthday show or her last show). Sara was telling a story about Sharon and she mentioned that they had the kind of joking relationship where they say offensive things to each other. I’m not saying it’s right, but some friends are like that with each other. I don't know if that was also true of the Julie/Sharon relationship. I don't remember that being mentioned on the show.

I don't think Julie would find humor in being called a "wonton" or "slanty eyes" by Sharon or anyone. I remember her talking about being picked on for being Asian growing up and she got emotional when she recalled the slurs they called her. It makes me curious if she ever said those things to Julie's face or behind her back to Leah. Either way it's beyond disgusting. 

• Love 17
7 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

At first I thought they were taking the extra time to wait for Sharon to step away, but then I realized she is a combative personality who will never step away voluntarily. I think @LetsStartTalking is correct, that they are negotiating an exit strategy for Sharon.

Funny that it's The View that is always in the headlines for the co-hosts being at odds, and now we read all this awful stuff, including racial and homophobic slurs, at The Talk.

The difference with 'The View' is that they are genuine, and for that reason they always rebound quickly. They have their arguments, they have their shouting matches, but they come back to the table with respect for one another. All their former hosts have been back to the show as guests, no hard feelings to past hosts (something former hosts of 'The Talk' haven't done.)  After 24 seasons, the show has never gone on a week 'hiatus' to 'investigate' the behavior of their hosts. I've never heard Rosie O'Donnell accuse her former colleagues of making disparaging comments against her sexual preference, I've never heard any of their women of color complain that their white colleagues were racist, I've never heard Lisa Ling accuse any colleague on the show of calling her 'wonton' or 'slanty eyes'. 

The hosts at The Talk and their relationships are not genuine - anyone can see through the veil that they're all 'besties' and have each other's backs. They can laugh and air-kiss on another all they want in their seats, but it's been obvious for a long time it's very toxic behind the scenes.

At this point, I wonder if the show will return at all. It's no secret that it has nose-dived in the ratings, and is the least-watched show in daytime television for 2020-21.  It may not cost CBS much money to produce, but with their low ratings, it's not making CBS much money either. At this point, they should put it out of it's misery and throw something else up there. They should take a lesson from ABC, which canceled 'Strahan, Sara and KeKe' a year ago, and quickly turned ratings around with 'What You Need to Know' which has been an improvement in the ratings.

Here's the latest on 'The Talk', which is looking uglier every day:

https://pagesix.com/2021/03/16/sharon-osbournes-fate-unknown-as-the-talk-extends-hiatus/?utm_source=maropost&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pagesixdaily&utm_content=20210317&tpcc=pagesix_daily&mpweb=755-9318920-720591830

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

The hosts at The Talk and their relationships are not genuine - anyone can see through the veil that they're all 'besties' and have each other's backs. They can laugh and air-kiss on another all they want in their seats, but it's been obvious for a long time it's very toxic behind the scenes.

The common denominator seems to be Sharon. There've been no accusations about racist or toxic behavior among the other hosts. Seems like it would've come out by now if there were. One has only to see the episodes without Sharon to see how different the mood is in her absence. When she's there she's treated like the queen and everyone plasters on their smiles, kisses her ass and never challenges her. I've yet to see any of the other hosts, past or present (aside from Julie since she was married to the boss), treated like they were on a higher level than the others. 

Remove the source of the problem (Sharon) and the show has a better chance at bouncing back from this. If not, at least they tried. I doubt CBS is going to dump it just because there are a few people who wish they would. If that were case there'd be nothing on TV.

Speaking of The View, didn't Sunny Hostin allege that she was racially discriminated against by someone at ABC? I don't watch the show and don't follow it, but I remember hearing something about that last year. 

Edited by rmcrae
Spelling error
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Speaking of The View, didn't Sunny Hostin allege that she was racially discriminated against by someone at ABC? I don't watch the show and don't follow it, but I remember hearing something about that last year. 

I'm a View-watcher (from day one) & there's been a lot of crap exposed over the years (that I've forgotten), but I can't remember anything about Sunny.  I think she's a jewel, along with Joy & Sara (& Ana on Fridays).

• Love 7

Some random (and maybe shallow) thoughts on Friday's last live show - Sharon seems to try to soften even her physical image -toned down jewelry, soft pink simple sweater, baggy mom jeans, white socks and loafers. No sign of Elvis. I am a dog lover but have always found people who insist on bringing their dog everywhere were behaving inappropriately/obnoxiously. She has like 380 dogs, so i always wondered if her dragging Elvis on set and letting him wander all over was to deflect attention from any mention of Amanda's kid (I told you i am shallow).

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm a View-watcher (from day one) & there's been a lot of crap exposed over the years (that I've forgotten), but I can't remember anything about Sunny.  I think she's a jewel, along with Joy & Sara (& Ana on Fridays).

I did some Googling and found this: https://www.yahoo.com/news/view-sunny-hostin-accuses-abc-203057202.html.

Nowhere near as damaging and shameful as the accusations against Sharon, but I thought I'd heard Sunny criticize ABC for treating her unfairly. 

I watched Sara's show with Michael Strahan and Keke Palmer a couple of times and she seems like a genuinely sweet woman. And her husband is hot! Lol.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, pachebo said:

Some random (and maybe shallow) thoughts on Friday's last live show - Sharon seems to try to soften even her physical image -toned down jewelry, soft pink simple sweater, baggy mom jeans, white socks and loafers. No sign of Elvis. I am a dog lover but have always found people who insist on bringing their dog everywhere were behaving inappropriately/obnoxiously. She has like 380 dogs, so i always wondered if her dragging Elvis on set and letting him wander all over was to deflect attention from any mention of Amanda's kid (I told you i am shallow).

Shallow or not, you're probably right. Sharon has a looong history of treating people like shit (and sending a box of her own to a critic of Ozzy's back in the day) so it seems impossible for her to do anything to fully bounce back from this. You reap what you sow.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I don't think Julie would find humor in being called a "wonton" or "slanty eyes" by Sharon or anyone. I remember her talking about being picked on for being Asian growing up and she got emotional when she recalled the slurs they called her. It makes me curious if she ever said those things to Julie's face or behind her back to Leah. Either way it's beyond disgusting. 

Julie mentioned on the show (ages ago when they were having a sharing a secret day) that she had her eyes done. Plastic surgery so they would look more open. I believe her insecurities about this were from the childhood trauma of kids picking on her. Also in the news industry where they were hiring women for having the right look. TV has been shallow for ages. I don’t care how people are different...you just don’t ever pick on them or call out for those differences. It is poor manners. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I did some Googling and found this: https://www.yahoo.com/news/view-sunny-hostin-accuses-abc-203057202.html.

Nowhere near as damaging and shameful as the accusations against Sharon, but I thought I'd heard Sunny criticize ABC for treating her unfairly. 

I watched Sara's show with Michael Strahan and Keke Palmer a couple of times and she seems like a genuinely sweet woman. And her husband is hot! Lol.

I remember hearing about those accusations as well. The View is very lucky to have Sunny. She's one of the smartest people they've ever had imo. 

I adore Sara! I've always thought she is so sweet. She's not super political or argumentative, so I often wished she were on The Talk. 

• Love 7