Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Zella said:

Interesting! I found this from the year before, and at that point, Sandra Bernhard and Tammy Lynn Michaels were being considered as cohosts for Deen and Gosselin. That obviously didn't pan out. 

https://www.celebitchy.com/71325/kate_gosselin_shoots_a_talk_show_pilot_with_paula_deen/

Sandra Bernhard and Paula Deen co-hosting the same show? What an odd pairing, but sounded like some train wreck potential there. 😉 Thank goodness Kate Gosselin didn't make the cut. I remember when she guest hosted on The View and she was incredibly boring. 

Back to the vacated seat on this show, TPTB... please continue to make the right decisions and hire Brigitte Neilsen for the show's return April 12. Thanks! 😁

• Love 6

I'll be interested to see how they handle the witch's meltin- I mean, exit when they come back next month. It won't happen, but a big part of me would get so much satisfaction if they did to her what was done to Holly and Leah. Just pretend like she was never there. Lord knows I wish I could wipe her existence on this show from my memory banks. 

• Love 15

I can't believe it guys! We finally got our wish. I know it sounds mean to want someone to lose a job, but when said person is so rude and problematic and has tons of money anyway, I don't feel bad that we're all happy. Hopefully we get Brigitte or another kind woman who will spice up the show. 😀

Let's keep our fingers crossed there's hope to get rid of Meghan on The View now. lol

• Love 21

I would go to the gym near my break so something like The Talk was usually on. I avoided all American news channels (I am Canadian). So, I found the chat nice. 

Sharon was almost always the least interesting part of the show. So I will be fine with her exit. As I have not stepped inside a gym in ages due to you know what, all these hosts are new to me. I did not know Marie Osmond was no longer on the show. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I can't believe it guys! We finally got our wish. I know it sounds mean to want someone to lose a job, but when said person is so rude and problematic and has tons of money anyway, I don't feel bad that we're all happy. Hopefully we get Brigitte or another kind woman who will spice up the show. 😀

Let's keep our fingers crossed there's hope to get rid of Meghan on The View now. lol

That's almost too much to hope for right now.

• Love 9

After how Sharon treated Leah, Holly, Aisha and Marie...serves her right.

Maybe I'm misremembering but was it her that said Holly had no personality?  I mean...Holly was funny and self deprecating when she co hosted so I don't know what Sharon was going on about if true.

• Love 8
Just now, JAYJAY1979 said:

After how Sharon treated Leah, Holly, Aisha and Marie...serves her right.

Maybe I'm misremembering but was it her that said Holly had no personality?  I mean...Holly was funny and self deprecating when she co hosted so I don't know what Sharon was going on about if true.

Your memory is correct. In a Howard Stern interview Sharon said Holly and Leah "didn't know themselves" and Holly tried to be "everything to everybody" or some such nonsense. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Your memory is correct. In a Howard Stern interview Sharon said Holly and Leah "didn't know themselves" and Holly tried to be "everything to everybody" or some such nonsense. 

Hmmm..well Holly grew up in Hollywood, went to Sarah Lawrence, sang, acted, produced, married to a basketball player, had kids, and was an advocate for women/African Americans/autism.

Sharon obviously doesn't understand what relatability is.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

hey kids! we can all start singing "Ding Dong the Witch is...." well, not exactly dead, but there is definitely a clump of ruby-red hair sticking out from under "the Talk" house.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Hmmm..well Holly grew up in Hollywood, went to Sarah Lawrence, sang, acted, produced, married to a basketball player, had kids, and was an advocate for women/African Americans/autism.

Sharon obviously doesn't understand what relatability is.

Actually, Rodney Peete was a football player. Otherwise, ICAM with your post.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I'll be interested to see how they handle the witch's meltin- I mean, exit when they come back next month. It won't happen, but a big part of me would get so much satisfaction if they did to her what was done to Holly and Leah. Just pretend like she was never there. Lord knows I wish I could wipe her existence on this show from my memory banks. 

It's too bad Sara is gone because the best and most meta way to handle Sharon's departure would be how revival Roseanne/The Conners ignored season 9 of Roseanne, dealing with the second Becky, and what to do about Roseanne's absence in The Conners.

• LOL 12
6 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Holly isn't the world's most interesting person, but a co-star, even a former one, should be discrete. If it's not someone who misbehaved, or you're not defending yourself from them, just move on to the next question. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Kromm said:

Holly isn't the world's most interesting person, but a co-star, even a former one, should be discrete. If it's not someone who misbehaved, or you're not defending yourself from them, just move on to the next question. 

Discretion is as foreign to Sharon as telling the truth, keeping a clean house and her dogs off of a talk show set. She relishes in talking shit about people and kicking them when they're down, former co-hosts or not. Now the shoes on the other foot. Finally. 

• Love 14
51 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Sadly, she might have a case. While her behavior has been horrible, there may be some question on if it violated her contract.  There's usually some kind of morals clause in the contract, and the battle I suppose would be over if what she's done violates it.  I doubt they can use her past behavior against her, because they can't credibly claim they didn't know about it.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Sadly, she might have a case. While her behavior has been horrible, there may be some question on if it violated her contract.  There's usually some kind of morals clause in the contract, and the battle I suppose would be over if what she's done violates it. I doubt they can use her past behavior against her, because they can't credibly claim they didn't know about it.

Sad but true. 😞

Has any of the former co-hosts other than Holly and Leah weighed in on what has transpired between Sharon and the the show?

I am so happy that Sharon is gone finally!  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6

Sharon suing? As if she doesn't have enough money. You know you fucked up, so just walk away with your shitty attitude and do something productive for a change. Getting off your high horse is a good start.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Has any of the former co-hosts other than Holly and Leah weighed in on what has transpired between Sharon and the the show?

I am so happy that Sharon is gone finally!  

Not yet. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Kromm said:

Sadly, she might have a case. While her behavior has been horrible, there may be some question on if it violated her contract.  There's usually some kind of morals clause in the contract, and the battle I suppose would be over if what she's done violates it.  I doubt they can use her past behavior against her, because they can't credibly claim they didn't know about it.

14 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Sad but true. 😞

Doubtful that she has a case because they typically craft those entertainment contracts in such a way that they can boot someone for all sorts of non-fault reasons too. They've got to give themselves room to retool on the fly if something happens: someone dies, Q scores plummet, they add a new host who gels with everyone except for 1 person, they need to change formats or better target their audience, they get a cohost who the network would actually jump through hoops for (Amy Schumer, Kim Kardashian, Meghan Markle, Chelsea Handler, Katie Couric, Tiffany Trump) for a price they can't ignore, or there's some sort of big news/world event that would preempt the show for at least 6 months (OJ Simpson trial). In general, the US is an at-will employment country, which generally means they can fire people for almost anything except for things the law says are never firing offenses. Even if Sharon grumbles like she's gonna sue, they'll throw some settlement money at her and make her sign an NDA. It's what NBC and America's Got Talent did with Gabrielle Union and she actually had a legitimate cause of action.

• Useful 8
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Doubtful that she has a case because they typically craft those entertainment contracts in such a way that they can boot someone for all sorts of non-fault reasons too. They've got to give themselves room to retool on the fly if something happens: someone dies, Q scores plummet, they add a new host who gels with everyone except for 1 person, they need to change formats or better target their audience, they get a cohost who the network would actually jump through hoops for (Amy Schumer, Kim Kardashian, Meghan Markle, Chelsea Handler, Katie Couric, Tiffany Trump) for a price they can't ignore, or there's some sort of big news/world event that would preempt the show for at least 6 months (OJ Simpson trial). In general, the US is an at-will employment country, which generally means they can fire people for almost anything except for things the law says are never firing offenses. Even if Sharon grumbles like she's gonna sue, they'll throw some settlement money at her and make her sign an NDA. It's what NBC and America's Got Talent did with Gabrielle Union and she actually had a legitimate cau

Edited by Medicine Crow
Can
  • LOL 1

Wendy Williams weighed in on this fiasco on yesterday's show. She said she was discussing it with "her friend" Kris Jenner over the weekend, and told Jenner to put her name in for the replacement host. Of course, Jenner supposedly responded 'she's too busy' right now to tackle another project, but Williams tried to talk her into it - so I have a feeling Williams knows a bit more than what is going on and is hinting at something.

On the other hand, Williams also sounded very doubtful if this show will last or come back at all.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I just read that CBS is denying they are paying Osbourne $10 mil to leave the show but can't get the link to link!

A link that worked!

A CBS spokesperson said of the report: “False, inaccurate or untrue. Take your pick.”

Whatever amount she gets send her on her merry way, bring on a new host (major hell no to Kris Jenner for me) and come back in April and see what happens. Sharon's nonsense will fade from view. 

• Love 11

Whatever incarnation of this show comes back on April 12, I'm sure CBS will be looking at the all-important 'May Sweeps' in the ratings, which begins two weeks later. If this show continues to limp along at the bottom of the ratings from April 12 - May 31, I think CBS will finally put this show out of it's misery by the summer, and bring in something better for September.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
41 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Whatever incarnation of this show comes back on April 12, I'm sure CBS will be looking at the all-important 'May Sweeps' in the ratings, which begins two weeks later. If this show continues to limp along at the bottom of the ratings from April 12 - May 31, I think CBS will finally put this show out of it's misery by the summer, and bring in something better for September.

That's kind of obvious that they'd cancel the show if the ratings continue to drop. Lol. Or the ratings could improve and they could be in a much better place by September. Some were so sure the show wasn't even coming back from the two week hiatus and now they have a set return date. Whatever happens between now and the months ahead, CBS finally put the viewers out of our misery by canning Sharon and that's one major step in the right direction. 

36 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I’m sure that any payout Sharon gets will contain an agreement that she cannot talk about the show or what happened.

Bye girl!

I could be wrong, but I can't think of too many shows/media outlets who would be interested in hearing anything she has to say anyway. I certainly know I'm not interested in hearing anything else come out of that disgusting gob of hers. 

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I could be wrong, but I can't think of too many shows/media outlets who would be interested in hearing anything she has to say anyway.

She could write for the Daily Mail or wait until her pal Piers gets a new gig and then be a co-host with him.  Sadly I am betting that he will definitely get something sooner rather than later.  Ugh.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, WinnieWinkle said:

She could write for the Daily Mail or wait until her pal Piers gets a new gig and then be a co-host with him.  Sadly I am betting that he will definitely get something sooner rather than later.  Ugh.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I think the Daily Mail will always be interested in blaring Sharon at the world. 

9 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

54590C11-C7B3-42F6-8694-B7DAC889255C.jpeg

🤮🤮🤮 I bet those clowns wouldn't last a week if some idiot network hired them to do a show together. They'd either kill each other or the show itself with their reckless mouths. 

22 minutes ago, Kromm said:

I guess she really IS unrepentant. 

She has nothing else to lose at this point. I know one thing's for sure. When she's lying under the covers with Ozzy and their 25 dogs, she's kicking herself for screwing herself out of the easiest, most ass kissy gig she's ever had by posting that tweet of support to Piers and the temper tantrum she threw on the show the next day. Thank you, Sharon. Your loss is our gain. Sweet sleep, witch! 😘

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

When she's lying under the covers with Ozzy and their 25 dogs, she's kicking herself for screwing herself out of the easiest, most ass kissy gig she's ever had by posting that tweet of support to Piers and the temper tantrum she threw on the show the next day. Thank you, Sharon. Your loss is our gain. Sweet sleep, witch! 😘

And to be honest, she probably could have gotten away with the tweet supporting Piers Morgan if she would have just kept her cool on the show the next day and actually listened to what the others were telling her in pushing back on her and acknowledged she jumped to the defense of a friend without really thinking through what he was saying. 

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

And to be honest, she probably could have gotten away with the tweet supporting Piers Morgan if she would have just kept her cool on the show the next day and actually listened to what the others were telling her in pushing back on her and acknowledged she jumped to the defense of a friend without really thinking through what he was saying. 

Exactly, but her entitled arrogance was her downfall. She was expecting the usual tongue bath from the others after her monologue and took offense to Sheryl and Elaine digging a bit deeper into it. That mouth of hers kept going and going until it talked her off of The Talk for good. I'm looking forward to the shows return and the hopefully lighter mood in Sharon's permanent absence. 

• Love 17
7 hours ago, rmcrae said:

🤮🤮🤮 I bet those clowns wouldn't last a week if some idiot network hired them to do a show together. They'd either kill each other or the show itself with their reckless mouths. 

She has nothing else to lose at this point. I know one thing's for sure. When she's lying under the covers with Ozzy and their 25 dogs, she's kicking herself for screwing herself out of the easiest, most ass kissy gig she's ever had by posting that tweet of support to Piers and the temper tantrum she threw on the show the next day. Thank you, Sharon. Your loss is our gain. Sweet sleep, witch! 😘

She is so vile. In my mind she does not bath, there’s dog ( and possibly Ozzy) shit  all over her filthy house etc. She and Ozzy can just fuck off. I can’t stand either one.  Too bad she isn’t being sued, don’t you live seeing these filthy rich assholes get away with shit😡

• Love 5
4 hours ago, chediavolo said:

She is so vile. In my mind she does not bath, there’s dog ( and possibly Ozzy) shit  all over her filthy house etc. She and Ozzy can just fuck off. I can’t stand either one.  Too bad she isn’t being sued, don’t you live seeing these filthy rich assholes get away with shit😡

LOL. Christina Aguilera bought the house the Osbournes had during their reality show and Sharon said it looked like a brothel after Christina redecorated it. Better that than the Hoarders Buried Alive horror show from the previous owners. I know their neighbors had to be relieved once they left. No more rotten food thrown over the fence. 🤢

• Love 5

Some were so sure the show wasn't even coming back from the two week hiatus and now they have a set return date.

The problem is they keep re-setting the return date from day one, which doesn't look good for the fate of the show. I heard that the date is now moved to April 15 (I believe Wendy Williams first announced this on her show the other day) from April 12. I still wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come back at all, and CBS puts this out of it's misery.

3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

LOL. Christina Aguilera bought the house the Osbournes had during their reality show and Sharon said it looked like a brothel after Christina redecorated it. Better that than the Hoarders Buried Alive horror show from the previous owners. I know their neighbors had to be relieved once they left. No more rotten food thrown over the fence. 🤢

I only saw a bit of the Osbourne show, but I remember Christina and Kelly had some sort of beef. Kinda funny Christina bought the house!

• Love 3