Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
David T. Cole

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I don't think Julie would find humor in being called a "wonton" or "slanty eyes" by Sharon or anyone. I remember her talking about being picked on for being Asian growing up and she got emotional when she recalled the slurs they called her. It makes me curious if she ever said those things to Julie's face or behind her back to Leah. Either way it's beyond disgusting. 

Julie mentioned on the show (ages ago when they were having a sharing a secret day) that she had her eyes done. Plastic surgery so they would look more open. I believe her insecurities about this were from the childhood trauma of kids picking on her. Also in the news industry where they were hiring women for having the right look. TV has been shallow for ages. I don’t care how people are different...you just don’t ever pick on them or call out for those differences. It is poor manners. 

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I did some Googling and found this: https://www.yahoo.com/news/view-sunny-hostin-accuses-abc-203057202.html.

Nowhere near as damaging and shameful as the accusations against Sharon, but I thought I'd heard Sunny criticize ABC for treating her unfairly. 

I watched Sara's show with Michael Strahan and Keke Palmer a couple of times and she seems like a genuinely sweet woman. And her husband is hot! Lol.

I remember hearing about those accusations as well. The View is very lucky to have Sunny. She's one of the smartest people they've ever had imo. 

I adore Sara! I've always thought she is so sweet. She's not super political or argumentative, so I often wished she were on The Talk. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, rmcrae said:

The common denominator seems to be Sharon. There've been no accusations about racist or toxic behavior among the other hosts. Seems like it would've come out by now if there were.

Remove the source of the problem (Sharon) and the show has a better chance at bouncing back from this. If not, at least they tried. I doubt CBS is going to dump it just because there are a few people who wish they would. If that were case there'd be nothing on TV.

Speaking of The View, didn't Sunny Hostin allege that she was racially discriminated against by someone at ABC? I don't watch the show and don't follow it, but I remember hearing something about that last year. 

The common denominator has not always been Sharon. If you read the email from Holly Robinson Peete that SO shared, you will see that HRP blamed Julie Chen for their toxic environment at the show and blamed her initially for her firing.  Back then, Leah Remini also blamed Chen, and she blamed Sarah Gilbert for not having their backs when they got fired - she had some choice words to say about SG back then, who was supposedly the exec producer and creator of the show. LR accused SG of knowing everything which was going on behind the scenes, and chose to side with Chen and Osbourne.  Both LR and HRP painted a different picture of their reality than the 'happy sisterhood' they presented to the audience in Season 1 (and still try to do today). Chen and Gilbert are long gone, but it looks like SO has kept up with the toxicity that she, Chen and SG initiated.

 

Yes, last year there was a story which broke in which an ABC exec said some horrible, racist things towards Sunny. She's was promptly removed from her position, and then fired from ABC. Sunny had her say on the show, and she addressed it eloquently.  This is quite different from having your colleague say such racist things on the show you work on. Again, none of the hosts have ever accused their colleagues or the show's creator (Barbara Walters) of such hateful things.  They have their political differences, for sure, but never attack each other (or others) on race or sexuality.

 

This show has run it's course, and the ratings this season prove it (I think at times it has dipped below 1 million viewers during this current season).  I'm surprised it has run as long as it did (but then again, the fact that Les Moonves trophy wife was the moderator for so long has everything to do with it).  Time to pull the plug and put it out of it's misery.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I believe the poster who thinks Sharon brings Elvis, her untrained/begging for attention/food, dog as a dig to Amanda.  It bugged me that the stupid dog was wandering all over the set & the ladies were obliged to pick it up, so they wouldn't look like jerks.  But the jerk was the Witch who had no concern that Amanda's little boy's name is Elvis & she was trying her best to fit in.

I would hate to see Carrie Ann, Amanda, Elaine & Sheryl out of a job because of the Witch. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

This show has run it's course, and the ratings this season prove it (I think at times it has dipped below 1 million viewers during this current season).  I'm surprised it has run as long as it did (but then again, the fact that Les Moonves trophy wife was the moderator for so long has everything to do with it).  Time to pull the plug and put it out of it's misery.

It would be interesting if it got a reboot one last time

Now If they've given Osbourne the boot, would be annoyed if they give her  "cover" just to placate her.

Funny thing about free speech, go ahead and defend it, but you need to be willing to articulate your position.   Apparently  Sharon perceived she wasn't going to be sheltered from her public  twitter (aka stating Pierce Morgan was telling " his truth" and she stood by him)  and had to actually EXPLAIN or have consequences to the backlash from  her free speech, thus  we saw her meltdown.   

Osbourne was not ambushed or tricked, and if her cohosts had cards or pre set  questions as she claimed,  it was just as likely  to make sure they  articulated their opinion  without attacking  her personally,  but of course  she was having none of that.   From a position of  privilege  she didn't expect to have to answer period.  I think on her part it was more intellectual panic than anything.    People who are used to being catered constantly  get flustered when they don't control the setting completely.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I believe the poster who thinks Sharon brings Elvis, her untrained/begging for attention/food, dog as a dig to Amanda.  It bugged me that the stupid dog was wandering all over the set & the ladies were obliged to pick it up, so they wouldn't look like jerks.  But the jerk was the Witch who had no concern that Amanda's little boy's name is Elvis & she was trying her best to fit in.

I would hate to see Carrie Ann, Amanda, Elaine & Sheryl out of a job because of the Witch. 

I thought that was weird that she would bring  the dog too. Why was she even allowed? I love animals but it is a distraction, kind of strange. As far as Amanda‘s son being named Elvis, I can almost guarantee you that kids going to change his name someday.  he is going to be mercilessly teased throughout his childhood & beyond. I actually know a boy that was named Elvis and it was nothing but a nightmare for him. 

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Elvis Costello did well with his name ... even married a lovely Canadian singer (Diana Krall) in 2003.  He's British, so that may explain it???

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Elvis Costello did well with his name ... even married a lovely Canadian singer (Diana Krall) in 2003.  He's British, so that may explain it???

He was actually born Declan Patrick MacManus and changed  his name so he didn't really grow up as Elvis. Speaking of Canadians though figure skater Elvis Stoiko seems to have done well so Elvis isn't necessarily a bad name for a kid!

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Shallow or not, you're probably right. Sharon has a looong history of treating people like shit (and sending a box of her own to a critic of Ozzy's back in the day) so it seems impossible for her to do anything to fully bounce back from this. You reap what you sow.

She is really TRASH. 

23 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

He was actually born Declan Patrick MacManus and changed  his name so he didn't really grow up as Elvis. Speaking of Canadians though figure skater Elvis Stoiko seems to have done well so Elvis isn't necessarily a bad name for a kid!

Whole different thing when you are a celebrity compared to being just a “normal” person. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, caracas1914 said:

 

Osbourne was not ambushed or tricked, and if her cohosts had cards or pre set  questions as she claimed,  it was just as likely  to make sure they  articulated their opinion  without attacking  her personally,  but of course  she was having none of that.   From a position of  privilege  she didn't expect to have to answer period.  I think on her part it was more intellectual panic than anything.    People who are used to being catered constantly  get flustered when they don't control the setting completely.

 

 

 

 

 

This is so true. Sharon is a control freak and is genuinely puzzled that she would find herself in a position of being caught off guard. I guess Sharon is willing to learn if she designs the lesson plan and gets to inflate her grade at the end of the course. I'm very familiar with narcissistic manipulation. A key feature is lashing out at someone and moving on before the injured party has time to register the abuse fully, let alone forgive. Did she expect to apologize to Sheryl and get instant closure?  It must be infuriating to work with someone who is so self-involved. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

The common denominator has not always been Sharon. If you read the email from Holly Robinson Peete that SO shared, you will see that HRP blamed Julie Chen for their toxic environment at the show and blamed her initially for her firing.  Back then, Leah Remini also blamed Chen, and she blamed Sarah Gilbert for not having their backs when they got fired - she had some choice words to say about SG back then, who was supposedly the exec producer and creator of the show. LR accused SG of knowing everything which was going on behind the scenes, and chose to side with Chen and Osbourne.  Both LR and HRP painted a different picture of their reality than the 'happy sisterhood' they presented to the audience in Season 1 (and still try to do today). Chen and Gilbert are long gone, but it looks like SO has kept up with the toxicity that she, Chen and SG initiated.

 

Yes, last year there was a story which broke in which an ABC exec said some horrible, racist things towards Sunny. She's was promptly removed from her position, and then fired from ABC. Sunny had her say on the show, and she addressed it eloquently.  This is quite different from having your colleague say such racist things on the show you work on. Again, none of the hosts have ever accused their colleagues or the show's creator (Barbara Walters) of such hateful things.  They have their political differences, for sure, but never attack each other (or others) on race or sexuality.

 

This show has run it's course, and the ratings this season prove it (I think at times it has dipped below 1 million viewers during this current season).  I'm surprised it has run as long as it did (but then again, the fact that Les Moonves trophy wife was the moderator for so long has everything to do with it).  Time to pull the plug and put it out of it's misery.

Did you read Leah's book? If not, I gave the rundown about  a page or two back. You're correct that both Holly and Leah accused both Sharon and Julie of getting them fired, but I recall Leah defending Sara and begging viewers not to attack because she neither played a part nor sided with Julie and Sharon. She did say that Sara was an EP in name only and she knew who was really running things (Julie). She also didn't blame Sara or Julie for the toxicity of the workplace which began with Sharon from the start (you'll find it in the post I mentioned). Leah left out a big chunk of why Julie ended up siding with Sharon in the end and the specifics of how she got fired after that disastrous dinner, but the "happy sisterhood" wasn't entirely fake among all the women. That came straight from the horse's mouth: Leah Remini. I highly recommend her book anyway. It's a great read.

Good on ABC for removing that exec for her nasty comments about Sunny. Should anyone else who worked with her have been fired as well? My answer would be "no". Not unless they allowed those things to carry on or participated in that kind of atrocious behavior themselves. Sharon is a disgusting excuse for a human being for the things she's said and done, but firing everyone by canceling the show would be unfair. She has to face the consequences for what she's said and done. Why should the other co-hosts and crew members be punished as well? 

I did some more googling and while I didn't find anything close to the racial and homophobic accusations made against Sharon, I did find an article from last year about former View co-host Abby Huntsman claiming she left the show because of the "toxic environment" caused by a "lack of management and communication" behind the scenes on that show: https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/abby-huntsman-quit-the-view-after-reporting-toxicity/. Not as extreme as what Sharon has done and no accusations of racism or homophobia, but it didn't sound like things were that great there either. I read Ladies Who Punch (juicy book BTW) and it sounded like being in hell working with Rosie the first time she joined the show and Whoopi's alleged bullying behavior against Jenny McCarthy and Rosie during her short-lived return. It doesn't matter that Whoopi never called Rosie a "pussy eater" or any other derogatory term based on her sexuality since (if what was written by an author who claimed to do thorough research and spoke to as many people behind the scenes as possible) if she was still hostile to her. 

I remember when Les and his "trophy wife" Julie left CBS some people swore up and down that the show was a goner that couldn't be revived yet it kept going without them so the "it's only making it because Mr. and Mrs. CBS say so" excuse was proven wrong. You feel it's run it's course (which is your rightful opinion), but it's just that: an opinion. Same as mine about wanting the show to rebound and regain strength after sending Sharon away. The way I see it, Sharon is the only original co-host from the start of the show who is still there and any drama that's gone on since Julie left has had Sharon all up in it. So much so that she had to address rumors that she played a part in Marie Osmond departing the show (I know Sheryl's name was thrown in as well, but I don't believe it) and now this current shitstorm of all the nasty things she's been accused of saying and doing. Common sense should tell CBS that if they want to attempt to save the show they'll have to cut her toxic ass loose. Let's say they do that and the ratings still tank. Then they'll be forced to cancel it because there's nothing else that can be done, but they should still give it a try. We'll just have to wait and see. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Julie mentioned on the show (ages ago when they were having a sharing a secret day) that she had her eyes done. Plastic surgery so they would look more open. I believe her insecurities about this were from the childhood trauma of kids picking on her. Also in the news industry where they were hiring women for having the right look. TV has been shallow for ages. I don’t care how people are different...you just don’t ever pick on them or call out for those differences. It is poor manners. 

I remember that too, @Mindthinkr. Funnily enough, I remember Julie's revelation of her eye surgery getting more press than usual for the show at the time. Not as much as the Les drama, of course. 

3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I remember hearing about those accusations as well. The View is very lucky to have Sunny. She's one of the smartest people they've ever had imo. 

I adore Sara! I've always thought she is so sweet. She's not super political or argumentative, so I often wished she were on The Talk. 

Even though I don't watch The View anymore (I was a superfan during the Meredith Vieira days all the way up to about 2011) I'm always hearing stories about Meghan McCain acting like a complete fool to her co-hosts so maybe they need Sara's sweetness to level things out. 

@caracas1914, you hit the nail on the head about Sharon. Her father was a tough character in the music business who wasn't afraid to use violence or other intimidating tactics to get his way and he clearly rubbed off on her. The more I saw coverage of Sharon's tantrum against Sheryl and Elaine the more the word "entitled" came to mind. It should stop right here. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

28 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Did you read Leah's book? If not, I gave the rundown about  a page or two back. You're correct that both Holly and Leah accused both Sharon and Julie of getting them fired, but I recall Leah defending Sara and begging viewers not to attack because she neither played a part nor sided with Julie and Sharon. She did say that Sara was an EP in name only and she knew who was really running things (Julie). She also didn't blame Sara or Julie for the toxicity of the workplace which began with Sharon from the start (you'll find it in the post I mentioned). Leah left out a big chunk of why Julie ended up siding with Sharon in the end and the specifics of how she got fired after that disastrous dinner, but the "happy sisterhood" wasn't entirely fake among all the women. That came straight from the horse's mouth: Leah Remini. I highly recommend her book anyway. It's a great read.

Good on ABC for removing that exec for her nasty comments about Sunny. Should anyone else who worked with her have been fired as well? My answer would be "no". Not unless they allowed those things to carry on or participated in that kind of atrocious behavior themselves. Sharon is a disgusting excuse for a human being for the things she's said and done, but firing everyone by canceling the show would be unfair. She has to face the consequences for what she's said and done. Why should the other co-hosts and crew members be punished as well? 

I did some more googling and while I didn't find anything close to the racial and homophobic accusations made against Sharon, I did find an article from last year about former View co-host Abby Huntsman claiming she left the show because of the "toxic environment" caused by a "lack of management and communication" behind the scenes on that show: https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/abby-huntsman-quit-the-view-after-reporting-toxicity/. Not as extreme as what Sharon has done and no accusations of racism or homophobia, but it didn't sound like things were that great there either. I read Ladies Who Punch (juicy book BTW) and it sounded like being in hell working with Rosie the first time she joined the show and Whoopi's alleged bullying behavior against Jenny McCarthy and Rosie during her short-lived return. It doesn't matter that Whoopi never called Rosie a "pussy eater" or any other derogatory term based on her sexuality since (if what was written by an author who claimed to do thorough research and spoke to as many people behind the scenes as possible) if she was still hostile to her. 

I remember when Les and his "trophy wife" Julie left CBS some people swore up and down that the show was a goner that couldn't be revived yet it kept going without them so the "it's only making it because Mr. and Mrs. CBS say so" excuse was proven wrong. You feel it's run it's course (which is your rightful opinion), but it's just that: an opinion. Same as mine about wanting the show to rebound and regain strength after sending Sharon away. The way I see it, Sharon is the only original co-host from the start of the show who is still there and any drama that's gone on since Julie left has had Sharon all up in it. So much so that she had to address rumors that she played a part in Marie Osmond departing the show (I know Sheryl's name was thrown in as well, but I don't believe it) and now this current shitstorm of all the nasty things she's been accused of saying and doing. Common sense should tell CBS that if they want to attempt to save the show they'll have to cut her toxic ass loose. Let's say they do that and the ratings still tank. Then they'll be forced to cancel it because there's nothing else that can be done, but they should still give it a try. We'll just have to wait and see. 

^^^^  x1000  ^^^^  Thanks for taking the time to fill in the "blanks".  (Very well-written!!!)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Even though I don't watch The View anymore (I was a superfan during the Meredith Vieira days all the way up to about 2011) I'm always hearing stories about Meghan McCain acting like a complete fool to her co-hosts so maybe they need Sara's sweetness to level things out. 

@caracas1914, you hit the nail on the head about Sharon. Her father was a tough character in the music business who wasn't afraid to use violence or other intimidating tactics to get his way and he clearly rubbed off on her. The more I saw coverage of Sharon's tantrum against Sheryl and Elaine the more the word "entitled" came to mind. It should stop right here. 

Meredith was very lovely, wasn't she? 

Yes Sara and Meghan are night and day. Meghan has to be one of the rudest people on TV. Remember the way Sharon would be very ugly and snappy to Marie? That's basically Meghan every day to most of the women. She treads a little more softly with Whoopi, but she can be bratty towards Whoopi too. There are times Whoopi could be rude, usually to Sunny, but overall she's pretty laidback. I think Meghan has some nerve giving attitude to Whoopi Goldberg. The woman is an icon and old enough to be her mother. She is also very patient with Meghan and babied her for the longest time. 

That's interesting. I don't know much about Sharon's father, but that explains a lot. I get that accusations of racism are very hurtful if you're genuinely not. If Sharon did say the stuff she's accused of saying, it kind of is what it is. (I've known too many racist people who say they're tired of being called racist.) I don't recall Sharon being racist on the episodes I've seen and don't know as much about the earlier drama of the show as some of you guys do. Even though she's not my favorite, part of me felt a bid bad seeing her cry if she's genuinely not racist and maybe was hurt by people on social media branding her a racist. (This was before reading about what she said about Holly and Julie) Even if Sharon were not racist, the fact she can't have a conversation with Sheryl and Elaine is pretty bad. They were very kind and gentle with her. I'm not sure how she wants to learn when she struggles with people who were not the least bit antagonistic. Sharon's the one who's really difficult to talk to because she is so combative. I tend to avoid people like that even if we more or less have similar views on things because you say one thing that challenges them, and they go nuts. 

And I agree sometimes friends have a dark humor with each other, but mocking someone's appearance? Cruel and not funny. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Speaking of well-written, did anyone on this forum have a "relationship" with "Apprentice 79"?  I loved her contributions & the way she wrote, but she just evaporated about a year or two ago.  I tried to find her, but no luck.

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

^^^^  x1000  ^^^^  Thanks for taking the time to fill in the "blanks".  (Very well-written!!!)

You're very welcome and thanks, @Medicine Crow! Girl, I get to writing and can't stop sometimes. Lol. 

2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Meredith was very lovely, wasn't she? 

Yes Sara and Meghan are night and day. Meghan has to be one of the rudest people on TV. Remember the way Sharon would be very ugly and snappy to Marie? That's basically Meghan every day to most of the women. She treads a little more softly with Whoopi, but she can be bratty towards Whoopi too. There are times Whoopi could be rude, usually to Sunny, but overall she's pretty laidback. I think Meghan has some nerve giving attitude to Whoopi Goldberg. The woman is an icon and old enough to be her mother. She is also very patient with Meghan and babied her for the longest time. 

That's interesting. I don't know much about Sharon's father, but that explains a lot. I get that accusations of racism are very hurtful if you're genuinely not. If Sharon did say the stuff she's accused of saying, it kind of is what it is. (I've known too many racist people who say they're tired of being called racist.) I don't recall Sharon being racist on the episodes I've seen and don't know as much about the earlier drama of the show as some of you guys do. Even though she's not my favorite, part of me felt a bid bad seeing her cry if she's genuinely not racist and maybe was hurt by people on social media branding her a racist. (This was before reading about what she said about Holly and Julie) Even if Sharon were not racist, the fact she can't have a conversation with Sheryl and Elaine is pretty bad. They were very kind and gentle with her. I'm not sure how she wants to learn when she struggles with people who were not the least bit antagonistic. Sharon's the one who's really difficult to talk to because she is so combative. I tend to avoid people like that even if we more or less have similar views on things because you say one thing that challenges them, and they go nuts. 

And I agree sometimes friends have a dark humor with each other, but mocking someone's appearance? Cruel and not funny. 

I LOVED me some Meredith, @RealHousewife. I can't think of any moderator on any other show who held it down the way she did. I loved how she would move discussions along, try her best to let everyone have a say and (best of all) play devil's advocate when needed. And her sense of humor was so cheeky. 😁

Ditto on everything you said about Sharon. Her screaming "educate me!" while two women of color were attempting to educate her on why she recieved backlash for her defense of Piers Morgan was painful to watch. I can't remember a time where she'd ever admit to being ignorant about something and wanting to learn. She thinks she knows everything and is above reproach. This current circus is a hard slap in the face that she isn't and that throwing out a forced apology in order to rectify the damage caused by her behavior won't work. She's made her bed and she'll have to lie in it. 

I don't know where Apprentice 79 is now, but I miss her too. I'd like to get her thoughts on everything that's gone down. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, adore said:

I'm very familiar with narcissistic manipulation. A key feature is lashing out at someone and moving on before the injured party has time to register the abuse fully, let alone forgive. 

YES, YES, YES!!! I have been there and you described it perfectly. Thank you!!!!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Wendy Williams put her insight into what's going on at the show, and she made some excellent points. She doesn't hide the fact that she's no fan of Osbourne, and isn't buying her 'victim' story, either. She's also suspicious of the 'hiatus' the show is currently on...

https://youtu.be/aJwcaGXAxBY

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Wendy Williams put her insight into what's going on at the show, and she made some excellent points. She doesn't hide the fact that she's no fan of Osbourne, and isn't buying her 'victim' story, either. She's also suspicious of the 'hiatus' the show is currently on...

https://youtu.be/aJwcaGXAxBY

I know WW has had several flaps with Sharon, Sheryl AND Carrie Ann. Has she ever actually been on the show?

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

I know WW has had several flaps with Sharon, Sheryl AND Carrie Ann. Has she ever actually been on the show?

No, she hasn't. Wendy's disliked them ever since 2017 when they were the only show to call Wendy out on her hypocrisy gossiping about other people's lives and marriages while her own husband had a whole other side chick Wendy's money paid for. Even when everything initially came out Wendy tried to play the viewers like fools claiming she was a "family friend". Why on earth would her husband have his name on a "family friend's" mailbox and be spotted out on vacations and shopping with her? Wig, bye! I don't know where her issues with Sheryl came from, but she's trashed Carrie Ann every chance she got after Wendy was voted off of Dancing With the Stars. She bashed the whole show for years because she's a sore loser. 

As much as I loathe Wendy (BTW she and her ex were sued by a former female employee for his alleged sexual harrassment of her and Wendy's reckless mouth has landed her in hot water many times during her TV and radio career), Sharon is even worse so I don't mind her bashing Sharon. 

1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

Sharon is not a nice person. I hope she gets fired and stays off tv forever.

 

 

I think it's safe to say her goose is cooked on this show. If she's able to land a gig elsewhere, I sure won't be watching. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Wendy Williams put her insight into what's going on at the show, and she made some excellent points. She doesn't hide the fact that she's no fan of Osbourne, and isn't buying her 'victim' story, either. She's also suspicious of the 'hiatus' the show is currently on...

https://youtu.be/aJwcaGXAxBY

Pot. Kettle. 

It's just another case of a horrible person talking smack about a different horrible person. 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

I still remember that Sharon quit America Got Talent because NBC wouldn’t hire her son. Can you imagine the balls on that woman?

Must be nice to be a rich witch. 
 

 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Yep, that was the last time they talked about her. Sharon was pretty much talking about herself since she's a mean, horrible person no matter what sympathy is sent her way, but I agreed with the other's opinions. Her calling Christie Brinkley a liar about her injury while she lied about her husband's infidelities and her own sobriety issues (she was in a sober house but claimed she was only there to "plan her next move" after her separation from the creep) was so unnecessarily spiteful. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

No, she hasn't. Wendy's disliked them ever since 2017 when they were the only show to call Wendy out on her hypocrisy gossiping about other people's lives and marriages while her own husband had a whole other side chick Wendy's money paid for. Even when everything initially came out Wendy tried to play the viewers like fools claiming she was a "family friend". Why on earth would her husband have his name on a "family friend's" mailbox and be spotted out on vacations and shopping with her? Wig, bye! I don't know where her issues with Sheryl came from, but she's trashed Carrie Ann every chance she got after Wendy was voted off of Dancing With the Stars. She bashed the whole show for years because she's a sore loser. 

 

Sheryl's issues go back to when she went to the Wendy Williams radio show in New York to promote her comedy shows and Wendy trashed her after she left.  Wendy is a mean person as well.  She used to spread rumors that Eve was a lesbian and we all know Eve used to hang with the rough riders as a rapper and she had a masculine edge at times to her but was still beautiful.  Eve used to have boyfriends that were irreputable that Wendy used to gossip about and said hurtful things about her.  Eve was with Stevie J and they had a tumultuous relationship that Wendy used to love to dissect on her radio show.  Wendy is terrible but she is not like Sharon.. I miss Eve and I wonder how she would have handled the situation. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I used to be a Wendy watcher. She could be funny and discusses everything from Housewives to hip hop stars, so I found her show interesting. I did stop because I didn't like her energy overall either. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

As if we need more proof that Sharon is an out & out liar, ET exposed one of her lies about not using the word "ghetto" (referring to HRP) because Sharon says it's not in her vocabulary. Well, roll tape...and there was Sharon shouting the word "ghetto" on another episode of the Talk.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Sheryl's issues go back to when she went to the Wendy Williams radio show in New York to promote her comedy shows and Wendy trashed her after she left.  Wendy is a mean person as well.  She used to spread rumors that Eve was a lesbian and we all know Eve used to hang with the rough riders as a rapper and she had a masculine edge at times to her but was still beautiful.  Eve used to have boyfriends that were irreputable that Wendy used to gossip about and said hurtful things about her.  Eve was with Stevie J and they had a tumultuous relationship that Wendy used to love to dissect on her radio show.  Wendy is terrible but she is not like Sharon.. I miss Eve and I wonder how she would have handled the situation. 

Thanks for the info, @Pearson80. That sounds like Wendy to a T hating on people three seconds after walking out the door. I never knew she questioned Eve's sexuality. I remember when she used to call Alicia Keys a lesbian then got all uncomfortable and awkward when she came on her show some years back. 

7 hours ago, MsTree said:

As if we need more proof that Sharon is an out & out liar, ET exposed one of her lies about not using the word "ghetto" (referring to HRP) because Sharon says it's not in her vocabulary. Well, roll tape...and there was Sharon shouting the word "ghetto" on another episode of the Talk.

Keep on a-diggin' that hole til it's a crater, Mrs. O. Keep on a-diggin'. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

If CBS fires Sharon then maybe Aisha can come back. Miss her. Could be one of the reasons she left. Meredith will be on The View tomorrow (Friday) for one day.  Miss her too.

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Yep, that was the last time they talked about her. Sharon was pretty much talking about herself since she's a mean, horrible person no matter what sympathy is sent her way, but I agreed with the other's opinions. Her calling Christie Brinkley a liar about her injury while she lied about her husband's infidelities and her own sobriety issues (she was in a sober house but claimed she was only there to "plan her next move" after her separation from the creep) was so unnecessarily spiteful. 

I remember Christie denying WW's claims - and bursting into tears. She was invited to The Talk the next day and talked about it. 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I believe if they do have Osbourne come back (which I doubt), it would be the most humiliating insult to Sheryl, Elaine, Julie, and Sara. And if Sheryl and Elaine have an ounce of self-worth left, they should leave should* Osbourne make it back. (*Osbourne made a veiled 'blackmail' threat to CBS  the other day, saying if this goes to litigation, they don't want her to start talking about the show because she's been there for 11 years and 'knows all the secrets' they've kept quiet.)

 

I also think Wendy W has the right idea - don't come back until next season (if CBS really wants them) and have a replacement for Osbourne. Show repeats until then. Erase this fiasco from everyone's memory and let them start new again.

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, rcc said:

If CBS fires Sharon then maybe Aisha can come back. Miss her. Could be one of the reasons she left. Meredith will be on The View tomorrow (Friday) for one day.  Miss her too.

 

That would be a dream come true, @rcc! I have no idea what she's doing now, but they lost a great host when she left. 

28 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I believe if they do have Osbourne come back (which I doubt), it would be the most humiliating insult to Sheryl, Elaine, Julie, and Sara. And if Sheryl and Elaine have an ounce of self-worth left, they should leave should* Osbourne make it back. (*Osbourne made a veiled 'blackmail' threat to CBS  the other day, saying if this goes to litigation, they don't want her to start talking about the show because she's been there for 11 years and 'knows all the secrets' they've kept quiet.)

 

I also think Wendy W has the right idea - don't come back until next season (if CBS really wants them) and have a replacement for Osbourne. Show repeats until then. Erase this fiasco from everyone's memory and let them start new again. 

 

 

Come back in six months? Wendy hates the show and wants it to fail so of course she'd make that suggestion. Lol. Nope, better to nip this thing in the bud by dumping Sharon (which is obvious at this point), addressing the fallout then moving on with the four remaining hosts and hiring Sharon's replacement maybe a month or two down the line.

Sharon's such a liar that even if she does know CBS's secrets most people either won't believe her or even care. She'll be seen as yet another "disgruntled employee" (as she called Leah in a recent statement) throwing mud at her former bosses for revenge. 

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

15 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

That would be a dream come true, @rcc! I have no idea what she's doing now, but they lost a great host when she left. 

Come back in six months? Wendy hates the show and wants it to fail so of course she'd make that suggestion. Lol. Nope, better to nip this thing in the bud by dumping Sharon (which is obvious at this point), addressing the fallout then moving on with the four remaining hosts and hiring Sharon's replacement maybe a month or two down the line.

Sharon's such a liar that even if she does know CBS's secrets most people either won't believe her or even care. She'll be seen as yet another "disgruntled employee" (as she called Leah in a recent statement) throwing mud at her former bosses for revenge. 

Aisha has been on Meredith's game show 25 Words or less a few times.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/17/2017 at 10:26 PM, rmcrae said:

but she never knows when to quit. I bet one day she'll pull that mess on the wrong one and get her feelings hurt live on the air. Would serve her right.

It took longer than anyone thought, but that's exactly what ended happening!!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, rcc said:

Aisha has been on Meredith's game show 25 Words or less a few times.

I caught an episode the other week and Aisha was great on it. She's a smart cookie and aces a lot of game shows she guests on. 

4 hours ago, catlover79 said:

It took longer than anyone thought, but that's exactly what ended happening!!

Look at you digging through the archives, @catlover79. Lol. Thanks. 🙂

I don't know about you guys, but I'm already fatigued from this Sharon drama. I will be so glad when Monday rolls around and she's out the door. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Aisha is funny and has a beautiful energy. I’ve really liked most of the hosts other than Sharon.

ETA: Did you all hear Sharon say Carrie Ann was told by executives to ask the n word question? I was shocked Carrie Ann asked such a question because I figured she'd know better, and the whole exchange was really bizarre. I think Elaine was like why on earth would you even ask? And then Carrie Ann got emotional and felt bad. According to Sharon, they made a pact to not let the producers feed them questions again after that, and she claims she got upset because they broke the pact.

They discuss it in this video. These folks believe Sharon was set up, but that she's still entitled and racist. 

 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Aisha is funny and has a beautiful energy. I’ve really liked most of the hosts other than Sharon.

ETA: Did you all hear Sharon say Carrie Ann was told by executives to ask the n word question? I was shocked Carrie Ann asked such a question because I figured she'd know better, and the whole exchange was really bizarre. I think Elaine was like why on earth would you even ask? And then Carrie Ann got emotional and felt bad. According to Sharon, they made a pact to not let the producers feed them questions again after that, and she claims she got upset because they broke the pact.

They discuss it in this video. These folks believe Sharon was set up, but that she's still entitled and racist. 

 

This is from the Entertainment Tonight interview that I posted about. The link to the full interview is in my post. 

20 hours ago, rcc said:

If CBS fires Sharon then maybe Aisha can come back. Miss her. Could be one of the reasons she left. Meredith will be on The View tomorrow (Friday) for one day.  Miss her too.

 

Aisha left because she wanted to move into directing and a daily talk show schedule prevented her from saying yes to certain projects. She has directed an independent movie, some TV shows and music videos for a friend so far. She also still has Who’s Line to host and she started her own brand of alcohol. I’m pretty sure she’s not interested in coming back full time. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

This is from the Entertainment Tonight interview that I posted about. The link to the full interview is in my post. 

Aisha left because she wanted to move into directing and a daily talk show schedule prevented her from saying yes to certain projects. She has directed an independent movie, some TV shows and music videos for a friend so far. She also still has Who’s Line to host and she started her own brand of alcohol. I’m pretty sure she’s not interested in coming back full time. 

Sorry about that. There were so many posts recently I must have missed it. I will try to remember to watch the full interview. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

Sorry about that. There were so many posts recently I must have missed it. I will try to remember to watch the full interview. 

No worries. I know this thread has been moving quickly. I just wanted to mention that the link was posted if anyone wanted to go back and see the whole thing. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Thanks for the link, @catlover79! I remember the horrible thing she said about Susan Boyle then she hid like a coward when Susan performed on The Talk a couple of years later. That article summed it up perfectly by saying the fallout from Piers and Sharon's years of vitriol and hate have nothing to do with "cancel culture" and everything to do with finally being held accountable. God/Karma/the Universe may not come when you want it to, but it is always on time. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Yes. Either way, I think Sharon's out. I also wish Mean, ahem, Meghan McCain would leave The View, but I don't think we're that lucky. 😝

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Cyndi was NEVAH #1 on MY popularity poll, & now I know why!!!

1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

Thanks for the link, @catlover79! I remember the horrible thing she said about Susan Boyle then she hid like a coward when Susan performed on The Talk a couple of years later. That article summed it up perfectly by saying the fallout from Piers and Sharon's years of vitriol and hate have nothing to do with "cancel culture" and everything to do with finally being held accountable. God/Karma/the Universe may not come when you want it to, but it is always on time. 

1000%!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size