Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Mikita said:

Michael Chiklis where have you been?

The new hosts were okay. My first time seeing them. I didn't even see them guest hosting! They will take some getting used to, but I enjoyed what I saw today. 

Was that a live studio audience or canned applause? If it's a studio audience I'm really shocked.

It's canned applause.

Thank goodness they're back in the studio and I was glad to hear more from Elaine. 

• Love 2

I don't watch the show often but since I love Blue Bloods (many faults and all) I tuned in for Tom Selleck.  What he said about Nick (who was on 2 episodes) to Amanda made me tear up alongside with her. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, mtlchick said:

I don't watch the show often but since I love Blue Bloods (many faults and all) I tuned in for Tom Selleck.  What he said about Nick (who was on 2 episodes) to Amanda made me tear up alongside with her. 

I have never watched Blue Bloods though I like Tom Selleck. I think I will have to give it a watch. I thought what Tom said was very classy and kind, and Amanda's poster of Three Sibs and a Baby, as well as the rap with her sibs was hilarious. I am glad that she has such a close family to support her.

I was wondering if the show would address Bruce Willis being thrown out of an LA drug store for refusing to wear a mask. (Was actually expecting them to address it yesterday). I assume that they didn't because of Rumer Willis often being a guest host on the show. 

I didn't understand Sheryl's comment today about being surprised that Elvis was on the show? Is Elvis banned from the building? He is one of the few things I like about SO, and he also ranks higher than Sheryl many days for me. (Most animals rank higher than people for me, and definitely higher than non animal lovers). What is her problem with Elvis? 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I have never watched Blue Bloods though I like Tom Selleck. I think I will have to give it a watch. I thought what Tom said was very classy and kind, and Amanda's poster of Three Sibs and a Baby, as well as the rap with her sibs was hilarious. I am glad that she has such a close family to support her.

I was wondering if the show would address Bruce Willis being thrown out of an LA drug store for refusing to wear a mask. (Was actually expecting them to address it yesterday). I assume that they didn't because of Rumour Willis often being a guest host on the show. 

I didn't understand Sheryl's comment today about being surprised that Elvis was on the show? Is Elvis banned from the building? He is one of the few things I like about SO, and he also ranks higher than Sheryl many days for me. (Most animals rank higher than people for me, and definitely higher than non animal lovers). What is her problem with Elvis? 

I wondered why they didn't talk about Bruce Willis refusing to wear a mask either. I think Friday's shows are taped on Wednesdays so maybe the topic will come up on tomorrow's show. Rumer being a friend to the show shouldn't stop them from talking about it. It's possible to chide someone for being irresponsible without being personal or nasty. Unless you're Sharon...

Amanda's son's name is also Elvis so I thought they were talking about him at first and then they showed Sharon's dog. Lol. No idea if or why he was banned before, but he was a sweetie today. 

I skipped Tom Selleck's interview, but I'll look for it on YouTube to hear what he said to Amanda. 

• Love 1

I watched Bluebloods for years, but it got a bit hokey for me.  I barely like Tom Selleck, but he was very kind to tell Amanda how well-liked Nick was during his guest appearances on Bluebloods.  Amanda's laugh is so delightful, but it was sad to watch her loose her composure when she heard about Nick.  I felt so sorry for the girl.  I liked the show today!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
OMG ... I can't spell lose!!
  • Love 3

... & furthermore, that lying POS said he called his wife to ask if he could give a $2K tip to a server at a restaurant he frequented in NYC & said, you know, we have a mortgage!!  What a pile of steaming horse shit!!  He's worth $45 million for GAWD's sale.  Give me a break ... that's why I said I barely like him because he's been caught in other lies!!!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I wondered why they didn't talk about Bruce Willis refusing to wear a mask either. I think Friday's shows are taped on Wednesdays so maybe the topic will come up on tomorrow's show. Rumer being a friend to the show shouldn't stop them from talking about it. It's possible to chide someone for being irresponsible without being personal or nasty. Unless you're Sharon...

Amanda's son's name is also Elvis so I thought they were talking about him at first and then they showed Sharon's dog. Lol. No idea if or why he was banned before, but he was a sweetie today. 

I skipped Tom Selleck's interview, but I'll look for it on YouTube to hear what he said to Amanda. 

She named her child Elvis?🙄

13 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

... & furthermore, that lying POS said he called his wife to ask if he could give a $2K tip to a server at a restaurant he frequented in NYC & said, you know, we have a mortgage!!  What a pile of steaming horse shit!!  He's worth $45 million for GAWD's sale.  Give me a break ... that's why I said I barely like him because he's been caught in other lies!!!

These Hollywood pieces of shit have a lot of nerve. Reminds me of the time Julia 🤮 Roberts was on a talk show, maybe Oprah can't remember, and said hell yes she makes her daughters clothes because these are tough times or some such load of crap like that. Just own it when you are filthy rich. This is why I hate so many celebrities . If I don't see in  print where they are donating a little something to people or animals in need, I despise them.

• Love 3

I didn't watch the whole show, but did enjoy the discussion about divorce. It is so nice to see Elaine and Amanda contributing more, and taking time away from SO who monopolizes many topics. Of course Sharon had to let us know that she has been married for 39 years. Personally I don't consider marriage to a serial cheater to be any kind of an accomplishment. If Ozzie wasn't old, sick and in isolation, he would still be trying to get into the pants of someone other than Sharon. 

On 1/15/2021 at 10:07 AM, chediavolo said:

She named her child Elvis?🙄

I would imagine for the same reason SO named her dog Elvis. Amanda's husband was an actor/singer, so I assume he was a fan of The King's. When Nick died Priscilla Presley sent condolences, so I guess it was known that Nick's son was named after her ex. I remember years ago when actors/ singers started naming their kids weird names (which Elvis isn't). I think Frank Zappa was one of the first, over 50 years ago with Moon Unit, followed by Dweezil and Diva Thin Muffin. Yikes. I have to hand it to Ozzie and Sharon that at least they gave their kids "normal" names which I would imagine the kids are happy about as adults. 

• Love 5
On 1/14/2021 at 9:03 PM, Medicine Crow said:

We all know Tom Selleck is busy stealing people's houses through reverse mortgages.  Sure, he says he's not in his commercials rife with folksy sayings (this isn't his first rodeo, he knows what's what).  It's all a ruse!!!!!!

I hate when wealthy celebrities act like they are struggling.  How many of us could even consider leaving a $2K tip.  Ugh. 

• Love 5

Schedule for the new week:

Monday - The Talk celebrates MLK Day with actress Angela Bassett (🥰); singers Deborah Cox and Tamia perform. 

Tuesday - Actor Ian Armitage.

Wednesday - Preempted by the Presidential Inauguration.

Thursday - Actress Jane Krakowski.

Friday - Actress Missy Peregrym. 

• Love 2

I understand where Carrie Ann was coming from that you don't have to call someone names when they upset or offend you, but Michelle Williams was spot-on for calling the male fan who told her to have kids so she won't be bored an "idiot". What he said was absolutely idiotic and uncalled for so don't get in your feelings when the target of your idiocy calls a thing a thing. 

• Love 3

Hope you are all having a good new year so far. 😀

Catching up so commenting on old episodes... 

When they were discussing the SATC characters, I totally thought Sharon would be a Samantha because they're both kind of outrageous. Samantha was sweet though. I wouldn't say I'm exactly like any of them, so I'd probably have the same answer as Carrie Ann and Amanda. It's so cool Elaine went to NYC to get that Carrie Bradshaw life of excitement though! I always envisioned living in LA or NYC when I was younger, but I don't think I'm cut out for it anymore. Elaine seems to have Carrie's eccentric style. 

I can absolutely be friends with folks who have different politics. My dealbreaker is someone who shoves their beliefs down your throat.

Every time Carrie Anne shares the story of coming down a pole topless in a g-string in front of her dad and his business partners, I have secondhand retroactive embarrassment. lol I don't even like to show cleavage around my dad.

Sheryl reminds me a bit of myself. She can have a naughty humor, but I think in truth she's actually kind of innocent and traditional. 

Gwen Stefani is still so beautiful.

Nothing against the new ladies at all. They're lovely. But I kinda miss Eve. I know she didn't bring a different energy or sparks to The Talk, but she was so lovely I could see myself being friends with her. Hope she is doing well.

• Love 4
On 1/20/2021 at 7:54 PM, RealHousewife said:

Hope you are all having a good new year so far. 😀

Catching up so commenting on old episodes... 

When they were discussing the SATC characters, I totally thought Sharon would be a Samantha because they're both kind of outrageous. Samantha was sweet though. I wouldn't say I'm exactly like any of them, so I'd probably have the same answer as Carrie Ann and Amanda. It's so cool Elaine went to NYC to get that Carrie Bradshaw life of excitement though! I always envisioned living in LA or NYC when I was younger, but I don't think I'm cut out for it anymore. Elaine seems to have Carrie's eccentric style. 

I can absolutely be friends with folks who have different politics. My dealbreaker is someone who shoves their beliefs down your throat.

Every time Carrie Anne shares the story of coming down a pole topless in a g-string in front of her dad and his business partners, I have secondhand retroactive embarrassment. lol I don't even like to show cleavage around my dad.

Sheryl reminds me a bit of myself. She can have a naughty humor, but I think in truth she's actually kind of innocent and traditional. 

Gwen Stefani is still so beautiful.

Nothing against the new ladies at all. They're lovely. But I kinda miss Eve. I know she didn't bring a different energy or sparks to The Talk, but she was so lovely I could see myself being friends with her. Hope she is doing well.

Thanks and you too, @RealHousewife! 😘

I hope Eve is doing well too and I'd like to see her pop back in for a quick update chat soon. 

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'll take a hard pass from using flying and self-driving cars. Cars are meant to be on the road and driven by people. Preferably people with sense and respect for their fellow drivers. Leave all that sci-fi stuff to the Jetsons and the Back to the Future flicks. 

• Love 3

New week's schedule:

Monday - Mark-Paul Gosselaar (😍)

Tuesday - Singer Olivia Newton-John and daughter Chloe Lattanzi.

Wednesday - Journalist Katie Couric.

Thursday - Actress Lily Tomlin.

Friday - TBA

• Love 3
4 hours ago, rmcrae said:

New week's schedule:

Monday - Mark-Paul Gosselaar (😍)

Tuesday - Singer Olivia Newton-John and daughter Chloe Lattanzi.

Wednesday - Journalist Katie Couric.

Thursday - Actress Lily Tomlin.

Friday - TBA

Oooh Mark Paul! Double 😍

• Love 1
On 1/26/2021 at 10:26 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Just popping in to say that I'm really enjoying The Talk these days.  Amanda & Elaine are great additions & make very relevant contributions to every conversation.  Also, they cut back on SO's time!!!  Just sayin'.

Same here, I am loving the new ladies.  They bring a new vibe and I look forward to watching the show.  I don't think that I have ever seen a young widow like Amanda on a talk show talking about her experiences in real time.  You have Sheryl offering support since she was once a young widow and the other day she was saying that she still deals with her husband's death all of these years later..  Elaine is newly married and ran teen vogue for a number of years.. I love what she has to say about certain topics. I also love how the panel do not always agree.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actor Josh Lucas.

Tuesday - TBA

Wednesday - Actor Viggo Mortensen.

Thursday - Actress Katherine Heigl. 

Friday - Actress Queen Latifah; chef Michael Symon. 

• Love 2

This is a totally different show. I hate the two new hosts. Of course like most people, can’t stand Mrs. O. I’ve been erasing it from my recordings for the last few weeks. I only come here to see if anything exciting happens to watch on demand, and it looks like no. 

On 2/7/2021 at 12:49 PM, chediavolo said:

This is a totally different show. I hate the two new hosts. Of course like most people, can’t stand Mrs. O. I’ve been erasing it from my recordings for the last few weeks. I only come here to see if anything exciting happens to watch on demand, and it looks like no. 

I am curious to know, why do you hate them?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The show is rarely good these days. Of the two new hosts, Elaine is a better fit. She's a editor and journalist, so she's tailor made for this type of show. Amanda seems genuinely nice, but I'm not feeling her in this role. I hate to say this because of what's she's been through. So I hope she gets better. However, she doesn't add a lot to the conversation most of the time. Often she says something once and repeats the same thing a second time. Hopefully she'll get some training. She's worse than Eve. But Eve did improve a bit. Maybe Amanda will too.  

Most of the topics are boring. For me, this show is best when talking about serious topics with the occasional fun topic. Also, the hosts overwhelmingly agree on most topics. Elaine, is a breath of fresh air because she has often given a different perspective. The show was the best with Julie, Sara, Sharon, Aisha and Sheryl. They were all sure of themselves, great talkers and entertaining. I had hoped Brigitte Nielsen or Rumor Willis got the job.

I really hope the show gets better. The lack of comments on this site alone, speaks volumes.  

• Useful 2

I agree with Sharon about Angelina not meaning harm when she said she wasn't good at sitting still and being a traditional SAHM mom. She literally mentioned traveling in the article, so I think she meant she didn't see herself always at the house and doing activities where you do sometimes have to be still. When you're a very active person who's barely at home, standing there doing dishes, sitting down with the children to help them with their homework, it must all be be quite hard for a woman who's go-go-go and always somewhere new for a movie or something. I remember Angelina even saying Maddox softened her and made her feel more like a woman. Years before then, she said she didn't cook or bake and joked she was a terrible woman. I think she has a huge heart and loves kids, but she wasn't the type who dreamed of being a trad wife and spending her days doing household work. She wanted to be a jet setting move star/philanthropist in addition to being a mom. 

I really liked what Elaine had to say about the n word. I HATE when people say "if so and so can say it, why can't I?" If you're not black, just don't use the n word. You shouldn't want to, and that singer wasn't even rapping along with a song. I don't care if he was in his own home. I was annoyed by Carrie Ann, but I think she felt bad and realized how it came across. I totally understand her wanting to be devil's advocate, because I've heard that same argument numerous times. 

I'll always miss the Leah and Holly days. I also enjoyed Aisha a lot, and I have a soft spot for Sara. 

The new girls are great as far as being nice, but I agree the show doesn't have quite the fun and sparks it once had. There's something about chemistry of a cast. Maybe this will grow in time. I still enjoy the show and am a fan, I just know they could improve it. Hopefully they'll continue to discuss more serious topics and the chemistry gets better too. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 1

CBS took their sweet time posting this week's schedule but here it is:

Tuesday - Actress and talk show host Drew Barrymore.

Wednesday - Actor Jason Biggs.

Thursday - Talk show host Dr. Phil (🤮).

Friday - The Talk celebrates Valentine's Day with celebrity super couple's Magic & Cookie Johnson, Gloria & Emilio Estefan and Glennon Doyle & Abby Wambach. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I really liked what Elaine had to say about the n word. I HATE when people say "if so and so can say it, why can't I?" If you're not black, just don't use the n word. You shouldn't want to, and that singer wasn't even rapping along with a song. I don't care if he was in his own home. I was annoyed by Carrie Ann, but I think she felt bad and realized how it came across. I totally understand her wanting to be devil's advocate, because I've heard that same argument numerous times.

This. I don't use the word myself and wish no one used it, but the "they say it so I should be able to say it too" argument is weak. No one's stopping you from physically saying the word, but your ass won't be protected from the consequences of doing so. I missed the first few minutes of that episode so I wasn't totally sure why Carrie Ann got a bit emotional. Most things make her emotional anyway, bless her. 😉

I like Amanda's personality and think she's genuinely sweet, but I agree with @A.J. that Rumer Willis or Brigitte Neilsen should've gotten that seat since both have actual opinions and don't just repeat what the other ladies say. 

Sheryl cracked me up when she said Suzanne Somers should've grabbed her Thigh Master and whupped that half-naked intruder with it. 

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

This. I don't use the word myself and wish no one used it, but the "they say it so I should be able to say it too" argument is weak. No one's stopping you from physically saying the word, but your ass won't be protected from the consequences of doing so. I missed the first few minutes of that episode so I wasn't totally sure why Carrie Ann got a bit emotional. Most things make her emotional anyway, bless her. 😉

I like Amanda's personality and think she's genuinely sweet, but I agree with @A.J. that Rumer Willis or Brigitte Neilsen should've gotten that seat since both have actual opinions and don't just repeat what the other ladies say. 

Sheryl cracked me up when she said Suzanne Somers should've grabbed her Thigh Master and whupped that half-naked intruder with it. 

Yeah I would totally be friends with Amanda, but someone like Brigitte would bring in more energy to the show. I wish the powers that be lurked here! lol

lmao! hahaha gotta love Sheryl

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 2/8/2021 at 10:46 PM, rmcrae said:

I agree wit you about the n word.  Like the brilliant Ayisha Tyler once said on the show some Black people heard that word before they were killed so that has always resonated with me.  She also said that when Blacks used that word you give nonblacks implicit permission to use that word.  I think that is what Carrieanne was trying to say but got tongue tied because she was afraid of  offending her co-hosts and getting harangued online.  I remember Sheryl who uses that word in her comedy shows took the other point of view.  It was a fascinating debate between two Black women on a TV show.  It goes to show you that Black people are not a monolith.

They should have offered the other seat to Bridgette.  I always loved the tea she used to give us about her past when talking about a topic on the show. It was always organic and humorous.   She was also not afraid to express an opinion that differed with the ladies. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Happy Valentine's Day everybody! 🥰

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actress Tracie Ellis Ross; actress Alexandra Breckinridge.

Tuesday - FINNEAS talks and performs.

Wednesday - TBA

Thursday - Actor Eric Christian Olsen; actress Daniela Ruah.

Friday - Actress Storm Reid; actor Ross Butler. 

• Love 2

I've been catching up on the last few shows I missed because of the storm and I was so glad to see Elaine not only disagree with the others, but do so in a firm way. They were talking about Justin Timberlake and Perez Hilton's recent apologies to Britney Spears after the backlash from the documentary about her and Sharon (enough of the "Mrs. O" crap already), playing her role as the self-appointed Oracle, tried to downplay the damage they caused Britney because they were young and childless at the time. Elaine dismissed that and called Perez's apology in particular "half-assed" and explained why. Then Sheryl made a great point by asking if either Justin or Perez would've apologized had it not been for the documentary (all signs pointing to no on that one). It was a nice change from the usual "I agree" chorus. 

Sheryl breaks my heart every time she opens about her mother and wishing she'd loved and protected her from the abuse she suffered as a child. It reminds me that not everyone is blessed to have loving parents, but thankfully she had her father and stepmother to show her love throughout her life. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Sheryl breaks my heart every time she opens about her mother and wishing she'd loved and protected her from the abuse she suffered as a child. It reminds me that not everyone is blessed to have loving parents, but thankfully she had her father and stepmother to show her love throughout her life. 

Same here, I remember that story of her telling us about the time she held on to a poll crying telling her dad that she did not want to go back to her mother's house. Yet she could not bring herself to tell him the hell she was going through with her mom because she felt the need to protect both of her parents for different reasons.   I hate people who abuse children and animals... 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, rmcrae said:

3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Same here, I remember that story of her telling us about the time she held on to a poll crying telling her dad that she did not want to go back to her mother's house. Yet she could not bring herself to tell him the hell she was going through with her mom because she felt the need to protect both of her parents for different reasons.   I hate people who abuse children and animals... 

It really hits me when Sheryl talks about her mother too. My mother loves me very much, but growing up a lot of what she did would be considered abuse. She dealt with a lot of sickness including mental health issues, and she just wasn't the sweet, affectionate mom my friends had or the kind I'd see in movies/TV. I remember wanting so badly to have that mother who said "I love you," who'd hug me and who I could run home and tell I'd been bullied by other children, but my own mother was sometimes even more nasty to me. This would shock most people because my mother was always very good about keeping it together in front of other people. She did always love me, and she's now a much nicer, sweeter person. I very much had a mother as a kid despite all the problems and still do. My mother would literally do anything for me. I like to think deep down she regrets the stuff she put me through, although she doesn't like to talk about it. Like Sheryl, I am protective of my mother, so I don't generally talk about her with just anyone. However, it is very difficult when you have a traumatic childhood, emotionally unavailable parents, and no one knows. I did discuss my childhood in therapy and found it very cathartic. All these years later, discussing it instantly makes me cry, and I'm generally not one of those outwardly emotional types. I hate crying. I am very sensitive to this topic because I can relate to a degree even though most people wouldn't think I could. I know a lot of people like Sheryl wish they just had a mother who wanted to be there, even if she wasn't perfect. My heart breaks for the little girl Sheryl describes because I can't imagine what it's like for your mother to not want you and not ever change and be there for you. Thank goodness Sheryl had a loving father and a stepmother. Throughout it all, Sheryl became a very beautiful person.  

I also hate people who abuse children and animals, the most innocent among us who need the most protection. You know Sheryl was a sweet, gentle soul. How anyone could hurt her as a little one is beyond me. 

• Love 9
20 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

It really hits me when Sheryl talks about her mother too. My mother loves me very much, but growing up a lot of what she did would be considered abuse. She dealt with a lot of sickness including mental health issues, and she just wasn't the sweet, affectionate mom my friends had or the kind I'd see in movies/TV. I remember wanting so badly to have that mother who said "I love you," who'd hug me and who I could run home and tell I'd been bullied by other children, but my own mother was sometimes even more nasty to me. This would shock most people because my mother was always very good about keeping it together in front of other people. She did always love me, and she's now a much nicer, sweeter person. I very much had a mother as a kid despite all the problems and still do. My mother would literally do anything for me. I like to think deep down she regrets the stuff she put me through, although she doesn't like to talk about it. Like Sheryl, I am protective of my mother, so I don't generally talk about her with just anyone. However, it is very difficult when you have a traumatic childhood, emotionally unavailable parents, and no one knows. I did discuss my childhood in therapy and found it very cathartic. All these years later, discussing it instantly makes me cry, and I'm generally not one of those outwardly emotional types. I hate crying. I am very sensitive to this topic because I can relate to a degree even though most people wouldn't think I could. I know a lot of people like Sheryl wish they just had a mother who wanted to be there, even if she wasn't perfect. My heart breaks for the little girl Sheryl describes because I can't imagine what it's like for your mother to not want you and not ever change and be there for you. Thank goodness Sheryl had a loving father and a stepmother. Throughout it all, Sheryl became a very beautiful person.  

I also hate people who abuse children and animals, the most innocent among us who need the most protection. You know Sheryl was a sweet, gentle soul. How anyone could hurt her as a little one is beyond me. 

The sad thing about Sheryl is that her mother continued her hateful attitude towards Sheryl even when she was an adult.  So she never had any remorse for being a horrible mother.  I always got the impression that Sheryl's mom took out her issues with Sheryl's dad out on her.  Remember she told Sheryl that her dad killed her twin sister as a way to drive a wedge between them.  For a while Sheryl was distant with her dad until he told her the truth.  Sheryl was on Ayisha's podcost and discussed her traumatic childhood and went into horrific details about her mom. Sheryl's has had a hellish life even as an adult.  

I am so sorry you had to go through that and I send you a cyber hug and I am happy that things have gotten better between you and your mom. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Sheryl was on Ayisha's podcost and discussed her traumatic childhood and went into horrific details about her mom.

I remember that podcast. Sheryl had Aisha tearing up. 😔

I'm also so sorry to hear what you went through with your mom and I'm glad things are better between you now, @RealHousewife

Going back to people who harm helpless individuals, Carrie Ann got emotional when they discussed the recent rash of attacks on elderly Asian people in the Bay Area. One man died after being violently pushed. Some evil creatures in human disguise among us. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

The sad thing about Sheryl is that her mother continued her hateful attitude towards Sheryl even when she was an adult.  So she never had any remorse for being a horrible mother.  I always got the impression that Sheryl's mom took out her issues with Sheryl's dad out on her.  Remember she told Sheryl that her dad killed her twin sister as a way to drive a wedge between them.  For a while Sheryl was distant with her dad until he told her the truth.  Sheryl was on Ayisha's podcost and discussed her traumatic childhood and went into horrific details about her mom. Sheryl's has had a hellish life even as an adult.  

I am so sorry you had to go through that and I send you a cyber hug and I am happy that things have gotten better between you and your mom. 

Thank you Pearson. 🙂 Sheryl is a very strong woman to have endured all she has. I definitely think with parents, it's better late than never. 

4 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I remember that podcast. Sheryl had Aisha tearing up. 😔

I'm also so sorry to hear what you went through with your mom and I'm glad things are better between you now, @RealHousewife

Going back to people who harm helpless individuals, Carrie Ann got emotional when they discussed the recent rash of attacks on elderly Asian people in the Bay Area. One man died after being violently pushed. Some evil creatures in human disguise among us. 

Thank you. 😘

I get emotional seeing that footage too. I think most people are good, but it's disturbing how much evil is out there. Who has it in their heart to harm an elderly man? I will never understand. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I get emotional seeing that footage too. I think most people are good, but it's disturbing how much evil is out there. Who has it in their heart to harm an elderly man? I will never understand. 

This person that attacked that elderly man did not see him as a human being so his pain was irrelevant to him. I remember I saw a show about this young lady who got kidnapped by this man, he raped her and beat her up, He was taking her to another location to kill her and she knew that. So she began to engage with him like they were friends, she asked about his life and aspirations as they are driving in his car.  The guy let her get away because he saw her as a human being. 

Edited by Pearson80
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

This person that attacked that elderly man did not see him as a human being so his pain was irrelevant to him. I remember I saw a show about this young lady who got kidnapped by this man, he raped her and beat her up, He was taking her to another location to kill her and she knew that. So she began to engage with him like they were friends, she asked about his life and aspirations as they are driving in his car.  The guy let her get away because he saw her as a human being. 

Oh wow. I haven't been in a situation like that, but I've wondered what I would do if I were. What happened to this young lady was inhumane, but I'm glad she was able to come out of the situation alive. 

• Love 3

New week's schedule 

Monday - Singer Kelly Rowland.

Tuesday - TV personality Jack Osbourne.

Wednesday - TBA

Thursday - Dr. Phil McGraw (🤢🤮).

Friday - Actor Adam Brody; actor Coby Bell. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Kelly is just stunning and that hair is amazing and enviable.  I am so happy for her and she is glowing.  I wish people would stop asking her about Beyonce in interviews all the time. It annoys me so.. Can't Kelly not have her moment  to shine without Beyonce being brought up?  Kelly being in Beyonce's shadow  for years has kept her from her full potential in my humble opinion.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Kelly is just stunning and that hair is amazing and enviable.  I am so happy for her and she is glowing.  I wish people would stop asking her about Beyonce in interviews.  Can't Kelly not have her moment  to shine without Beyonce being brought up?  Kelly being in Beyonce's shadow  for years has kept her from her full potential in my humble opinion.  

I haven't watched yet, but I agree. It's like people forget Kelly and Beyonce two individuals. Kelly is super sweet and patient about this, but I'm sure it annoys her to no end. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I haven't watched yet, but I agree. It's like people forget Kelly and Beyonce two individuals. Kelly is super sweet and patient about this, but I'm sure it annoys her to no end. 

I have seen interviews where you see the subtle annoyance in Kelly's eyes but  she keeps on with her interview being gracious as always.

She had a song where she spoke about being jealous of Beyonce's success and happy for her at the same time. Kelly really went there and it was very honest on her part. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Kelly is just stunning and that hair is amazing and enviable.  I am so happy for her and she is glowing.  I wish people would stop asking her about Beyonce in interviews all the time. It annoys me so.. Can't Kelly not have her moment  to shine without Beyonce being brought up?  Kelly being in Beyonce's shadow  for years has kept her from her full potential in my humble opinion.  

I was listening to a radio interview Destiny's Child with Wendy Williams 20 years ago and Wendy kept referring to them as "Beyonce and the girls" (it was just Kelly and Michelle by then) and Beyonce firmly but respectfully corrected her by saying they were a unit and addressing them as "Beyonce and the girls" was disrespectful. Both Kelly and Michelle are just as talented as Bey so it's disheartening when people act like they were riding on her coattails. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I was listening to a radio interview Destiny's Child with Wendy Williams 20 years ago and Wendy kept referring to them as "Beyonce and the girls" (it was just Kelly and Michelle by then) and Beyonce firmly but respectfully corrected her by saying they were a unit and addressing them as "Beyonce and the girls" was disrespectful. Both Kelly and Michelle are just as talented as Bey so it's disheartening when people act like they were riding on her coattails. 

I watch Wendy now and then, but she's definitely not kind and gracious like Kelly, who's class all the way. I'm not surprised by "Beyonce and the girls."

• Love 3
On 2/22/2021 at 6:19 PM, rmcrae said:

Wendy is a bitch but at times she does say the truth.  Fans were complaining about Beyonce hogging the spotlight back when Destiny's child was Beyonce, Kelly Letoya and Latavia. The original Destiny's child was my favorite version of the group, their harmonies was so damn awesome but I digress.  Beyonce sang the majority of the songs by herself on their second album" the writing on the wall" singing background vocals and lead vocals and we the fans were annoyed by that.  What was the point of the other 3 who had beautiful voices as well. The Producers of that album wanted to use the other three to lead more songs but Beyonce's dad said hell to the No, this was his daughter's group.  Destiny's child was used to market Beyonce for her eventual solo career to the detriment of the others in my humble opinion.  Kelly's career should have been bigger than it is right now.

Brandy the singer told her to distance  herself from Beyonce and her dad carving out her own lane when it came to her career, she refused. She and Brandy actually stopped speaking after she gave her that piece of advice and when she finally did fire Beyonce's dad as her manager, it was too late. Even Michelle and Beyonce fired him eventually. I don't always like what Wendy has to say, but she was right to say it was Beyonce and the girls..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Wendy is a bitch but at times she does say the truth.  Fans were complaining about Beyonce hogging the spotlight back when Destiny's child was Beyonce, Kelly Letoya and Latavia.  Beyonce sang the majority of the songs by herself on their second album" the writing on the wall" singing background and lead and we the fans were annoyed by that.  What was the point of the other 3 who had beautiful voices as well. The Producers of that album wanted to use the other three to lead more songs but Beyonce's dad said hell to the No, this was his daughter's group.  Destiny's child was used to market Beyonce for her eventual solo career to the detriment of the others in my humble opinion.  Kelly's career should have been bigger than it is right now. Brandy the singer told her to distance from Beyonce and her dad when it came to her career, she refused and when she finally fired Beyonce's dad, it was too late..

I don't like what I've heard about Beyonce's parents from the girls who used to be part of Destiny's Child. It sounds like they treated them like they were lucky to be part of the group and to not question anything and don't dare take shine away from their daughter.  Beyonce's always seemed sweet in interviews, but the stuff about her parents' treatment of the other ladies really rubbed me the wrong way.  Tina has a very pretty exterior, but you can't judge a book by its cover. One thing I remember is she wanted Farrah to use tanning beds. As a fair-skinned girl who wishes the tanning beds were safe (self-tanners are a pain in the butt), they're absolutely not and can really damage your skin long term. She wouldn't dare risk frying her daughter's beautiful face, but the hell with the other girls I guess. Very sad. 

• Love 5