Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: A Break Is Necessary

• Start Topic

Elizabeth goes to her dad behind Andrei's back; Ashley needs a break from Jay; Nicole's friend presses for answers about Azan; Pedro heads to the Dominican Republic without Chantel; Pao confronts Russ' mom; Colt and Larissa try to move forward.

12 minutes ago, Ellie Godfrey said:

Is Coltee wearing Debbie's shirt?

He definitely has inherited her boobs...

So I’m confused. If Andrew insists they no longer take a handout from Daddy Warbucks, why don’t they just start paying him rent instead of moving? I mean, they don’t have money for either but assuming Andrei has some plan to pay another landlord, why not save he cost and effort of moving and just pay for where they are???

• Useful 4
  • Love 18
(edited)

Larissa has made it clear from the beginning that she demands to live above her means. Each episode is further confirmation of this. I don’t buy for a second that she’s a victim who was mislead about Colt’s income. She knew he couldn’t afford an earlier plane ticket, let alone a $3000 Chanel. 

Edited by LellePCC
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, LellePCC said:

Larissa has made it clear from the beginning that she demands to live above her means. Each episode is further confirmation of this. I don’t buy for a second that she’s a victim who was mislead about Colt’s income. She knew he couldn’t afford an earlier plane ticket, let alone a $3000 Chanel. 

She has a strong willful disregard of the reality of Coltee’s Financial situation.

Also, Larissa, I am married and I am not a prostitute. So fuck you.

• Love 5

I don’t understand the family Pedro.  If wife Chantel is paying for all the family Pedro's fancy stuff for the casa why aren’t they more keen on Pedro staying with his wife.  Could mean a new flat screen tv if he goes back to Chantel. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
Just now, Pondlass1 said:

I don’t understand the family Pedro.  If wife Chantel is paying for all the family Pedro's fancy stuff for the casa why aren’t they more keen on Pedro staying with his wife.  Could mean a new flat screen tv if he goes back to Chantel. 

Pedro works and pays for thetuff for his family. Chantal doesn’t like this because that’s money he could be spending on her.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Pedro works and pays for thetuff for his family. Chantal doesn’t like this because that’s money he could be spending on her.

Oh I didn’t realize Pedro worked...?

3 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Oh I didn’t realize Pedro worked...?

He does. I can’t figure out what Chantal supposedly does to bring in money though. Remember Chantal asked him about the possibility of getting laid off since he’s not scheduled a return date for his DR trip.

• Love 4

It doesn’t look like Chantel is struggling. Nice clothes, hair, makeup, new car, school,  nice apt. 

Whatever money he sends home at least it’s money he earns.  I don’t think that if he had a child here, he would send money there that would cause his child to do without. And I think the American dollar goes further there than here. I can see that his family comes across as mercenary, but I also see a lot of love for their son/brother. 

He comes from nothing and he’s doing so much better here, he just wants to help them. I kind of get it.  If Chantel was a bit more reasonable, I think he would be willing to scale back or at least send a fixed amount to them. 

• Love 10

I hope Libby and Andrei’s saga is for story line purposes because it doesn’t make sense. No one in their right mind would give up a rent free house to go and live in a rental. So, let me see if I understand this. Andrei’s pride would not allow him to accept handouts from another man, but he is not too proud to allow his pregnant wife to be the primary wage earner while he sits on his wide arse?!  Make it make sense.

• Love 18

I kind of flipped back and forth to this episode and it's practically unwatchable. Every one of these couples should not have been cast. Colt/Larissa and Ashley/Jay have completely played out online months ago, and there is some serious rewriting of history for several of the others. The fact Sharp is continuing the Nicole/Azan farce is insulting to me as a viewer and they are both seriously unlikable. Libby's story is fake as hell and she's probably trying to land some more acting jobs with this show on her reels. 

I'm sure I'll check out The Other Way but expect it's going to be more overacting famewhores acting out the same typical script that has been shown since day one, all in anticipation of fifteen minutes of fame and clearly don't care that the fifteen minutes is going to be negative, which has to be known to everyone who signs on with Sharp Entertainment or has watched this show in the past. Hopefully, there will be a couple to root for on that show.  

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Pedro sends his family a fairly small amount of money, something like $150 a month. His mother is a lawyer. Presumably the money he sends helps with expenses for the extended family, like his abuela who lives out in the countryside. I think that this is something to be admired, not derided. Chantel is a very selfish and spoiled little girl.

10 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Chantel seems to be some sort of nurse judging by her uniform..

When we first met Chantel, what, a hundred years ago, she was in nursing school. Perhaps she's finally finished and has a job in some doctor's office? I cannot imagine her doing shift work at a hospital.

• Love 15

I didn’t watch Andrei and Elizabeth’s season, so they’re new to me.  When daddy agreed to pay for her rent in the new place, I lost all respect for everyone involved.  

The only couple I’m remotely interested in is Nicole and Azan.  I do wonder how that will end.  

• Love 5

I feel that they haven't thought this through and once they realize they may lose their newfound lifestyle, they will want Pedro to go back to the States so they can mine some more of those American dollars. I don't believe, however that Chantal or her family are directly contributing to Pedro's family's lifestyle. Instead, he is sending enough of his earnings to them that he and Chantal have a much less extravagant lifestyle than his mother does. It appears that even though Chantal's mom is certifiable, she apparently wasn't too far off with the "harvesting American dollars" remark.

Both Chantal and Pedro's families are horrendous. They need a real counselor to tell them both to start valuing their marriage above their families or this relationship is doomed. P & C each need to admit their families are toxic to their relationship.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, iwasish said:

It doesn’t look like Chantel is struggling. Nice clothes, hair, makeup, new car, school,  nice apt. 

Whatever money he sends home at least it’s money he earns.  I don’t think that if he had a child here, he would send money there that would cause his child to do without. And I think the American dollar goes further there than here. I can see that his family comes across as mercenary, but I also see a lot of love for their son/brother. 

He comes from nothing and he’s doing so much better here, he just wants to help them. I kind of get it.  If Chantel was a bit more reasonable, I think he would be willing to scale back or at least send a fixed amount to them. 

I can see him sending them some money, but they live in a four bedroom house which his sister said is completely paid for by Pedro. Last I recall, he and Chantal had their bed in the kitchen/dining area of their cramped apartment, so I can see why her nose is out of joint. What do two women need with a four bedroom house, and if his mother is a lawyer, why can't she support herself?

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

I am still trying to figure out why Libby & Ahhh-Dray were looking at second hand toddler clothes & shoes instead of newborn/infant.  

I think they do not know what they are doing, clueless about the basics of the things a baby needs.  Also clueless about how to get a job, money and health insurance.  

Libby was really trying to stir the pot with Ahhndray telling him his idea was stupid, something tells me that is a trigger word for him.

• Love 8
(edited)

Chantel seems to be some sort of nurse judging by her uniform..

Evidently she is in nursing school but I suppose she could be working as a nursing assistant while she is in school.

Libby was really trying to stir the pot with Ahhndray telling him his idea was stupid, something tells me that is a trigger word for him.

Maybe she shouldn't have said that but she's not wrong - his idea is stupid. He should have gone on call with the trucking company, gotten his six months of experience and then he'd be in line for a steadier job. He wants to jump straight to where he wants to be without paying his dues.

The only way I could see "handyman" supporting their family in a meaningful way would be if he got a job as maintenance at an apartment complex and he and Libby got a break on the rent in an apartment in the same complex. But that's about the situation he had with Daddy Warbucks so who knows...

I am still trying to figure out why Libby & Ahhh-Dray were looking at second hand toddler clothes & shoes instead of newborn/infant. 

Ugh - and Andrei, who is hardly working, turns his nose up at secondhand items. What a shit.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

I think it's wherever they can set the cameras up.  Maybe the baby stuff area was too cramped. 

Much of the conversation between Coltee and Larissa in the restaurant was very edited judging by the level of wine in the glass going up and down like a yoyo

Also what is going on with Nicole's fried bleached hair in these episodes.  In the TH her hair seems fine.

I wish they didn't do the TH clips in reality shows.  It jumps me right out because obviously the clip was filmed long afterwards and probably scripted plus it's unnecessary.

The fakeness and contrived drama is actually spoiling this 90D franchise for me.  They don't need to ramp it up - these folk are crazy enough all on their own.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
18 minutes ago, renatae said:

I can see him sending them some money, but they live in a four bedroom house which his sister said is completely paid for by Pedro. Last I recall, he and Chantal had their bed in the kitchen/dining area of their cramped apartment, so I can see why her nose is out of joint. What do two women need with a four bedroom house, and if his mother is a lawyer, why can't she support herself?

I wonder what the rent on the DR house is. I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s close to what they pay for their apt. American dollars go further in the DR. 

Even if they divorce, Pedro has his green card and could probably stay here, work, send money home and visit a couple times a year. He seems to be a good worker, his employer might be willing to let him take his vacation or unpaid leave during the slower season. As a teen I did summer work in a clothing warehouse and several of the employees would “go to their country” for periods of up to a couple months each year.  

I think depending on the nature of the business and the pool of workers available, it’s just an accepted practice.  

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, renatae said:

I feel that they haven't thought this through and once they realize they may lose their newfound lifestyle, they will want Pedro to go back to the States so they can mine some more of those American dollars.

I think way too much about this show but those were my thoughts exactly.  If I were Chantal and I got wind of Pedro's shenanigans we're teased with next episode, I drain the account so Pedro couldn't afford to fly back.  But I'm mean like that.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

Chantel and Elizabeth are both shit stirrers.  I hate how they talk crap about their husbands to their family, then act surprised when the husbands get upset when they tell them.   What do they expect?  Chantel is being ridiculous acting like everything is Pedro's fault.  He's not perfect and his family is messed up too but her family is responsible for a lot of things and she needs to acknowledge that. 

Elizabeth is a moron.  She's going to let her free loading husband move her  to another place and she's going to ask her father for the money to help them move out of the house he's providing them for free? 

Nicole's "friend" seems like a paid actress.  Their scene was so fake,  Nicole barely has any story.  Are we going to see Azan at all this season?

• Love 21

I also meant to add, Ashley, either you want to stay married and work on it or you don't.  Pick a lane cuz we're tired of your story arc.  You're starting to look cruel.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Elizabeth is a moron.  She's going to let her free loading husband move her  to another place and she's going to ask her father for the money to help them move out of the house he's providing them for free? 

And her father is as much a moron for saying yes.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

When we first met Chantel, what, a hundred years ago, she was in nursing school. Perhaps she's finally finished and has a job in some doctor's office? I cannot imagine her doing shift work at a hospital.

She's in the longest nursing program ever.  When they were in Savannah she was talking about needing to find a new school there.  Her job for money is working for her family.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

Elizabeth is a moron.  She's going to let her free loading husband move her  to another place and she's going to ask her father for the money to help them move out of the house he's providing them for free? 

Then asks her daddy not to tell Andrei about the money! Great relationship you have there, Libby, keeping secrets from your husband. Who goes to a job interview in shorts and a t-shirt and an attitude? Andrei was a handyman and a bouncer in a nightclub in Moldova or Ireland or where ever he was living. I guess he thought he was going to strike it rich here with the spoiled American princess because he sure didn't have much going for him before he met her. I can't even imagine them caring for a baby. 

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Evidently she is in nursing school but I suppose she could be working as a nursing assistant while she is in school.

Maybe she shouldn't have said that but she's not wrong - his idea is stupid. He should have gone on call with the trucking company, gotten his six months of experience and then he'd be in line for a steadier job. He wants to jump straight to where he wants to be without paying his dues.

The only way I could see "handyman" supporting their family in a meaningful way would be if he got a job as maintenance at an apartment complex and he and Libby got a break on the rent in an apartment in the same complex. But that's about the situation he had with Daddy Warbucks so who knows...

Ugh - and Andrei, who is hardly working, turns his nose up at secondhand items. What a shit.

I agree with you.  I recall the oncall trucking paid like 38 c/mile and if he got 2000 miles/week it would pay (showing calculator) $760/wk...well that could be $39k/year, ahem, 39k more than he's making NOW.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

The fakeness and contrived drama is actually spoiling this 90D franchise for me.  They don't need to ramp it up - these folk are crazy enough all on their own.  

Totally agree!

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, renatae said:

I’m not sure what rents are in the DR, but I am damn sure It hey are way less than the US. Pedro is helping out his family by sending home 150 bucks a month. This is a relative pittance. Some people  have a cable bill that is higher than that. Chantel’s monthly beauty routine is 150 at a minimum for the hair, lashes, nails. If it’s OK for her to indulge her self, we should be more than OK with Pedro sending $150 to his mom and sister. If it’s OK for her to indulge herself, we should be more than OK with Pedro sending $150 to his mom and sister.  I never see Pedro throwing that expenditure in her face. And maybe Pedro’s mother and his sister have a four bedroom apartment so that Pedro always has a room at home when he goes for a visit, and maybe they want to have a room for Abuela if she becomes so infirm that  she can’t live by herself in the country anymore.

And we just moved to the Atlanta area about eight months ago. Let me be real clear that rents and housing are super pricey here. Before we found our house, we looked at apartments in the Decatur area that were $3500 to $5000 a month for a three bedroom! Pedro’s $150 a month ain’t going to do much to improve Chantel’s lifestyle in the ATL. Whereas $150 a month makes a huge difference in DR living. Also, we don’t see Pedro pursuing expensive hobbies or harassing Chantal about how much money she’s bringing in or how much money she is spending on her clothes and make up.

Normally, a man who works two jobs to help support his mother and sister would be considered a good, responsible guy, and a good catch. I wonder if Pedro were white and born in Atlanta if the impression of him would be different. 

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 22
54 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

I agree with you.  I recall the oncall trucking paid like 38 c/mile and if he got 2000 miles/week it would pay (showing calculator) $760/wk...well that could be $39k/year, ahem, 39k more than he's making NOW.

And he'd be getting the six months of experience he needs for a more steady job.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Neither Pedro or Chantel's family is in the right, they both enjoy dissing their child's spouse.  Sorry but Pedro is married now and living in the United States.  Mom and that sister who I think has way too much to say about her brother's life need to support themselves.  When he is making enough money and living in a decent place with his wife, then maybe he can help them.  Not sure how that marriage lasted this long.

• Love 9
(edited)

I will cheer for Pedro if and when he leaves Chantel. She has inherited crazy from her family and needs to cut the cord.

My view of Chantel has been completely soured ever since her idiotic tantrum of accusing Pedro’s sister of calling her a b**ch (which she did not) and proceeding to call the sister every insult she could think of. Chantel an absolute moron who has never grown up. I feel bad for Pedro, who has obviously gotten in way over his head with Chantel and her family’s dysfunction.  Her family is constantly expressing anti-immigrant sentiments that are near or outright racist. They are appalling. 

Edited by LellePCC
  • Love 24
31 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

Normally, a man who works two jobs to help support his mother and sister would be considered a good, responsible guy, and a good catch. I wonder if Pedro were white and born in Atlanta if the impression of him would be different. 

No.  It wouldn’t.  I don’t know any white woman who would tolerate her husband supporting his mother and sister with nicer lodging than her.   Pedro is sending more than $150/month home.  If he’s working two jobs, then one paycheck is going home to the DR.  I can see why Chantel is salty about this.   No Mother Pedro, your son isn’t living in the DR anymore, so he’s not obligated to follow DR customs.  

13 hours ago, iwasish said:

Whatever money he sends home at least it’s money he earns.  I don’t think that if he had a child here, he would send money there that would cause his child to do without.

I would guarantee that he would send money after a baby would arrive.   My FIL didn’t stop sending money to his family in his country of origin.  His kids did without.  

14 hours ago, LellePCC said:

I think Coltee should have given Larissa the bag.  He owes it to her after sending her to jail and then court.  He would be getting off cheap in my opinion, because if he was my husband, he’d be paying a lot more than a designer bag.   

If Larissa wants to be a gold digger then she needs to do better.  She needs to ask for tangible items.   Lip injections are not tangible.   That’s gold digger 101.  

I would think Nichole’s friends and family is sick of her talking about Azan.  I know I am.   Nichole’s dad is an idiot for flying to Granada to meet Azan.  He probably will like Azan, making him a bigger idiot.  

Ashley’s friends bring the mean girl out of her.   She is jealous of a high school senior but behaves not much better than one.  

Still say Elizabeth and Andrei storyline is fake.  

Pao needs to stop dressing like a pregnant hooker.  

Can’t imagine why Russ’ family is embarrassed by her.   No Pao, posing nude isn’t a cultural thing   Most parents I know, regardless of race and culture, don’t want their children posing nude.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Last season, I saw Andre in a much more positive light than this season. If he was supposed to be doing handy work in the house in payment for letting them live in the house then he reneged, her Dad has a right to be upset. Then she has the gall to ask him for money to pay for the new place?  Honestly, he’s on TV, how could he turn her down without looking terrible. I think Andre is proud AND lazy. Good luck with that marriage.

• Love 10

Larissa “deserves” absolutely nothing. Relationships aren’t about who can get what out of the other person. How quickly we forget that she gave herself self-inflicted wounds because she is just as involved in the drama as Colt is. 

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

Still say Elizabeth and Andrei storyline is fake.   

3 minutes ago, LellePCC said:

Larissa “deserves” absolutely nothing. Relationships aren’t about who can get what out of the other person. How quickly we forget that she gave herself self-inflicted wounds because she is just as involved in the drama as Colt is. 

THIS to both of these.

• Love 5

I really wanted to reach through my screen and punch An-dray...I can see he would not want to be away from Libby with a baby, but geez, take what you can get.  Why move out - swallow some pride and take the help that is being offered - I would hate to see those 2 dogs wind up in some apartment without a yard

• Love 3