Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: A Break Is Necessary

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, RealReality said:

It shouldn't.  And even if it does, you're too smart a cookie to let it stop you.

It doesn't literally scare me, but with my husband out of work through no fault of his own again...ponying up for fancier duds isn't something I like to give a ton of good thought to.  I'm sure my mom would help.  She's a fierce bargain shopper, and as I continue to lose weight, there are more clearance rack options for me, so that helps too.

The thought of working a good state job (that I scored almost perfect on the test) that pays way more than what I'm making now for the same amount of work, however, does make me determined.  Sent my first app out, but I likely won't get called because hiring priority is for a county I don't live in, but I will keep on going and not give up.  The thought of possibly moving also doesn't thrill me (the actual moving part), but being in a different area (that I'm pretty familiar with) that provides more options than where I live now is exciting.  Plus, I might see Ashley's friend tooting around on her scooter, so bonus!  🤣

• Love 4
On 5/22/2019 at 7:26 AM, Chickabiddy said:

Libby’s dad set up the dynamic of enabling weakness a long time ago with Libby.

On 5/23/2019 at 8:14 AM, NannyBails said:

WHY COULDN'T LIBBY CUT IT?  I cut the grass at my house and I'm a female.  I also have a full-time job working for someone who is not my father so that means I have to actually do work.

Throughout the entire time she's been on the show and we've been hearing from her father, he has always referred to Libby having to have a man support and provide for her. There has never been a single reference whatsoever to her being able to support and provide for herself financially or to care for her own home. Her father has never indicated anything of the sort that he wanted to raise her or instill in her any sense of independence with regard to her basic needs and being able to meet her own expenses for daily living. Everything has been that she needs a man to provide, and that he needs to provided in a comparable lifestyle to that which her sisters enjoy.

Libby cannot cut the grass or pay her own bills through actual employment in a profession because Libby has been raised not to be able to do any of that. She is a child.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

It doesn't literally scare me, but with my husband out of work through no fault of his own again...ponying up for fancier duds isn't something I like to give a ton of good thought to.  I'm sure my mom would help.  She's a fierce bargain shopper, and as I continue to lose weight, there are more clearance rack options for me, so that helps too.

The thought of working a good state job (that I scored almost perfect on the test) that pays way more than what I'm making now for the same amount of work, however, does make me determined.  Sent my first app out, but I likely won't get called because hiring priority is for a county I don't live in, but I will keep on going and not give up.  The thought of possibly moving also doesn't thrill me (the actual moving part), but being in a different area (that I'm pretty familiar with) that provides more options than where I live now is exciting.  Plus, I might see Ashley's friend tooting around on her scooter, so bonus!  🤣

Good luck with the job hunt!! I just retired from a government job, 32 yrs service.  Great pension and health care coverage and still young enough to enjoy life. 

• Love 1

(1) Please get Ashley off this show.  She's making me feel sorry for Jay.  And he sucks.  Her friends look like they are truck stop hookers.

(2) Annie is adorable.  And I love how she wants her first job to be in the Army.  Yes, if I were married to the human form of an obese penguin, I would want to join the military or flee.

(3) Pedro looks happy.  #freePedro

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Annie appears to have a quick wit.  When David said it would be nice if she joined the Army and they get stationed in Hawaii, her response was, "so while I am fighting Kim Jong-un you will be swimming with the dolphins."  Hilarious!

• Love 12
14 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I'm with your mom, I make a beeline for the clearance rack because who doesn't love a good deal?  And if you're losing weight not only do you need new clothes for work, but you should reward yourself, even though it hurts financially.

Crossing my fingers for you.  It sounds like you're going through it.  Your break will come even if it's not this one.  

I interviewed with Enterprise rac right out of college and was just inconsolable when I didn't get the job after the fourth interview.  A month later I got a much better paying job that gave me a skill set I still use today.

Just saying that I hope this job works out for you, and if it doesn't something better will.  You have the right attitude.

Also, if you see Natalie on her scooter please document it with some sort of picture....maybe a charcoal drawing... whatever works!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 5/28/2019 at 4:10 AM, FurBabyMama said:

Was it just me or did ashley seem mad at the 18 yo high school kid? They were mocking the kid for having profile pictures from high school! Because she is! The 18 yo didn’t do anything wrong. She probably didn’t know Jay was married. Let her have her profile with her high school pictures because that’s exactly what she is. I dunno it just bugged me when they made it seem like she was to blame. 

This attitude always drives me crazy. The girl wasn't cheating on anyone, JAY WAS! She is a high school student who isn't married. JAY is the married one, therefore the cheater. Seriously misplaced blame.

• Love 9
On 5/28/2019 at 4:10 AM, FurBabyMama said:

Was it just me or did ashley seem mad at the 18 yo high school kid? They were mocking the kid for having profile pictures from high school! Because she is! The 18 yo didn’t do anything wrong. She probably didn’t know Jay was married. Let her have her profile with her high school pictures because that’s exactly what she is. I dunno it just bugged me when they made it seem like she was to blame. 

This x1000.

Ashley is just trashy and pathetic.  

I wish that girl would have called her back and cursed her out.  I know I would have.  You wanted to call me and let me know he is married and you want some questions answered, fine. 

But now you wanna shit talk me on national TV and harass me during your low budget sex in the city girls night out? Oh hell no!

On a side note, how much do you guys wanna bet that these trashy birds still refer to each other as 'the Samantha' 'the Carrie' and 'the Miranda'?

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Aussie said:

This attitude always drives me crazy. The girl wasn't cheating on anyone, JAY WAS! She is a high school student who isn't married. JAY is the married one, therefore the cheater. Seriously misplaced blame.

Just now, Hannah94 said:
1 hour ago, Aussie said:

Not sure why I don't know how to properly reply on this thread, lol. But I was going to say yes this is correct. Not to mention - Ashley, in her thirties with TWO children - married a man that was a teenager the year before!

• Love 4
On 5/24/2019 at 5:06 PM, RealReality said:

There was one guy my friend calls "all inclusive resort guy" because he always wears khaki shorts, a Hawaiian shit and flip flops to the office.  Like every day

Chiiiiiile 😂

your friend is after my own heart

• LOL 3
On 5/21/2019 at 12:52 PM, dyanad said:

He is supposed to pay his share, but as we have seen Chantel has said she has had to cover his portion of the bills often. He can't even afford to take her on one date a month (well can't or won't I am not sure of). He paid a year in advance and continues to do so for Mama Pedro's place (so he does pay THEIR rent). He also has claimed he sent varying amounts monthly to his family (anywhere from $500-$1,000) depending on who he was talking to as he changed the amount to make it more palatable to whoever he was talking to at the time (kinda like the time frame he would change for how long he was going to the Dominican Republic for his business it went anywhere from moving there to 2 months to 5-7 days). He sends them care packages all the time and presents when requested. So that's a tidy sum. Didn't you see how nice Mama Pedro's place was last week? and how nicely decorated it was? Two able bodies that can work and refuse. Their greed really bothers me.

I just replied with what the amount he sends back. It's fricking crazy nuts. 

What the heck does Pedro do for work to net him enough money to pay all those expenses in the DR and take care of his own living expenses with Chantal? He can't be making much more than $15 per hr since he has no degree or anything.  Anyone know what kind of work he does?

• Love 1
On 5/22/2019 at 4:21 PM, RealReality said:

This x1,000,000

She knows what she is doing.  She could have even said that her dad wanted it done if she hadnt presented it as her dad accusing them of something and trying to control them.

She just didn't foresee it backfiring on her.

She also commented somewhat after her "chat" with Daddy (perhaps to Annndddrrrrrreeeeei) that he Dad was "in a frenzy" or "irate" or "getting all mean"....(forgot her words exactly) implying he was being rude to her.  That Dad was SO calm when he had that "chat" with her. She is a drama queen 

• Love 3
On 5/23/2019 at 5:14 AM, NannyBails said:

Re:  Libby and Andrei and the grass.  WHY COULDN'T LIBBY CUT IT?  I cut the grass at my house and I'm a female.  I also have a full-time job working for someone who is not my father so that means I have to actually do work.    I can cut her a bit of slack for perhaps not feeling well during her pregnancy, but I don't remember her talking about bad bouts of morning sickness and such.

I guess cutting the grass is a "manly" task that the men should take care of, according to Andrei.  But if Andrei was too lazy/unwilling to cut the grass, Libby could have either purchased/borrowed a lawn mower and cut it herself.

Or pay a neighbor kid $10 bucks to do it!

• Love 1
On 6/1/2019 at 12:59 PM, gigiann said:

Or pay a neighbor kid $10 bucks to do it!

My yard is probably way bigger than theirs, so it would be more like $40-50 for a kid, no telling how much for a service.  But yeah, I get the point you are making.   There were multiple ways to solve this issue.

• Love 3
On 5/20/2019 at 6:12 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Pedro has worked from the moment he was able. That was never in doubt.

I think Pedro is fairly earnest and responsible, and found a job immediately when it was legal. He made a bad wife choice; Chantal is just impossible.

• Love 4
On 5/21/2019 at 2:55 AM, Aussie said:

Chantel speaks so sloooooowwwwwly I wonder if she's on Xanax or some powerful antidepressant. She looks ridiculous and always holds her head just so, at what hours before the mirror mirror on the wall must've revealed to her. The breast implants -- whoa! Didn't know they came in beach-ball size. 

She appears to be trying to speak more eloquently than she naturally does. We got to see just a flash of "street" Chantel when she told Pedro that she wouldn't be paying for him for 10 years if they divorced. It was just a flash but I think that is maybe closer to the "real" Chantel and not "TV" Chantel.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Octaman said:

She appears to be trying to speak more eloquently than she naturally does. We got to see just a flash of "street" Chantel when she told Pedro that she wouldn't be paying for him for 10 years if they divorced. It was just a flash but I think that is maybe closer to the "real" Chantel and not "TV" Chantel.

I think you're right, and I think this is something she learned at her mother's knee.  Mother Seabiscuit speaks slowly and clearly, as if to impress with the wisdom and gravity of her words.  Especially the gravity--she knows Einstein is listening.

• LOL 3