Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E07: From Farm to Runway

• Start Topic

The queens use organic ingredients to create sickening but sustainable high fashion looks. Supermodel Amber Valletta and reality star Kandi Burruss guest judge. Drag queen Alyssa Edwards makes a guest appearance.

Airs April 11, 2019.

Miss Vangie is gorgeous out of drag. 

Ru's look wasn't my favorite tonight. I prefered last week's look.

Brooklynn's look didn't particularly farm to me. Neither did A'Keria's.

I'm good with who went home this week. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Brooklynn's look didn't particularly farm to me. Neither did A'Keria's.

I'm good with who went home this week. 

Did it have to look farm, or just look great but be made of the supplied materials?

Am I wrong, or was Vangie still wearing a bodysuit from the waist down?  I thought for sure she'd be in the bottom. I think Nina should have been safe.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 2

Ah ok episode...   Different from some previous ones, it became quite clear right after see the looks/the show edit that Plastique would be this week winner and bottom 2 would be Akeria X Ra ´Jah. Good ridance cause having two passive aggressive delusional queens is too much.

Anyway, on the runway looks  (since that dance routine didnt mean much apart from the fact that only Nina and Yvie stood out and Silky and Ra´Jah were bad):

Plastique: Apart still not be a departure from her usual looks, this looked the most beautiful, well putted together while done with unconventional materials. Well deserved win.

Ivye: Last time she tried to serve something different/more hight fashion she missed the mark. This time tho, like Ross said, she brought a beauty/soft side without losing herself. And again, nice use of the materials.

Shuga: I liked her choices this week, the make up, the wig, everything almost came together.. I think the problem with her, opposite of other queens, is that she doesnt have a signature style so week after week is a totally different take on the runway with not fully figured out looks. But I liked this one from waste up, bottom was ok...

Brooke: A good look but I expected more and specially a use of different matterials.. She looked good, but not her brightest moment.

Nina: I really liked the top half and how she showed her silluete this week. Wish tho she could have made a full dress out of that and not that unfinished bottom half.

Silky: Her safe type of look, not much going on apart from the hat.

Vangie: Kudos on try to make something different but I didnt liked it... The top half wasnt well resolved, same as the bottom, the wig/make up wasnt matching.. It was a very random look/shes lucky producers want to keep her around and let her be safe after this.

Ra´Jah: Kudos for the idea behind it, but the execution was a mess.

Akeria: Wow, this challenge took her down alot, specially comming from last week. Even by having to change her look, it was clear she was clueless on what to do with those matterials so the end result was a boring/unfinished/unflattering look.

I can´t with Untucked... I´m totally with Brooke.. Too much no sense yelling/ conflicts. Don´t buy that, all feeling forced because some of these queens wants so badly to steal the spotlight (it goes for all 4 screamy girls this week).

Edited by DanielleC.
  • Love 9
21 minutes ago, DanielleC. said:

I can´t with Untucked... I´m totally with Brooke.. Too much no sense yelling/ conflicts. Don´t buy that, all feeling forced because some of these queens wants so badly to steal the spotlight (it goes for all 4 screammy girls this week).

I couldn’t agree with you more , DanielleC . The “screamy queens” are driving me nuts. Silky is beyond delusional with both the way she thinks she looks and that “America is going to love her” I think Yvie is talented and I love her drag but she manufactures much unnecessary drama; you don’t need to share your (for the most part) unsolicited opinions of the other queen’s drag or personalities especially when you know it’s just going to start a shitstorm.

I was born, raised and have lived in Toronto all my life and it made me laugh watching Brooke building a couch pillow safe space around herself as I would have done the same thing.

Also, I’m not sure if it’s just this particular season I hate or if I’ve just gone “off” RPDR?

That said: Miss Alyssa Edwards: Drag Race ROYALTY! 👑

• Love 15

While I appreciate a season that isn't all about sisterhood, this was exhausting to watch, and nobody really came off well except Brooklyn and the ones who got no real airtime. 

Silky is working overtime to set up her vs. Yvie, I wonder if it will actually happen. 

Was Plastique's story inconsistent? I wasn't paying close enough attention. I think being featured that much this early doesn't bode well for her.

• Love 4

BTW, I noticed both Ru at the workroom and Ross during his critic towards Brooke that they are looking for flaws on her, either want to create a arc with her where she opens up or they will make her a shocking a couple weeks before the finale...

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, phoenix780 said:

Was Plastique's story inconsistent? I wasn't paying close enough attention. I think being featured that much this early doesn't bode well for her.

Didn't seem so to me although I wasn't inclined to go back and check carefully. Just because she has a loving boyfriend and isn't estranged from her family doesn't mean there isn't some distance around how much she feels she can share about the drag aspects of her life with them that causes her to have a bit of guard up and feel a bit alone with it all at times. 

And,  while featuring all this could be a sign of going home soon, it could also be the show setting up an arc of growth for someone who didn't seem like they were likely to break through earlier in the season. 

• Love 7

Man, I don't know how Ru was able to just stand a few feet away and watch Plastique break down and cry while she talked about her family not accepting her doing drag. I was tearing up and I wasn't even in the same room. I was like SOMEBODY GIVE HER A HUG, DAMN IT! How can you not be moved by someone telling you that their family rejects a fundamental part of who they are? Oh, hey, Ra'Jah.

Seriously, Nina, Yvie, and some of the other queens were clearly moved by what Plastique was saying and then we had Ra'Jah who is either too thick to get it or just deliberately obtuse because she doesn't get how how Plastique's lack of personality is related to her family's refusal to accept her the way she is.

I was glad that this design challenge gave Vanjie the opportunity to create a new look. Since it was a design challenge for everyone, it put her on equal footing to make something new (as opposed to Vanjie trying to throw something together in the workroom while everyone else was doing their makeup for the runway).

I was afraid that this runway would end up being like the unconventional material challenges on Project Runway aka glue a bunch of crap to muslin (or in this case, corsets). I was really surprised that two of the queens ended up walking the runway in dresses made completely of denim. What the hell?

Shuga's dress was cute and I couldn't tell it was made of plants. I liked the way she sculpted the skirt. The flowers trailing diagonally across the top were pretty. The windswept hair cracked me up.

Silky's bean and candy dress was what I expect from the PR UM challenge - a bunch of crap glued to an outfit.

I was undecided about Yvie's. I liked that it looked different from what everyone else made and I loved all the color, but I didn't love the skirt which was a little scraggly due to the materials she used. I liked that she used a lot of different materials. But I will give her credit - not even the slightest hint of a limp during the runway even though she wasn't not at 100% yet.

The best thing about Nina's corn husk dress was that it resulted in all the silly corn puns from the judges. The skirt was a bit short, which I don't mind in theory, but it allowed me to see that her walk is a little clunky. I agreed with the judges that she needs more hip padding to balance out her top. I also agreed that she could have softened the eye makeup.

Brooke Lynn's denim dress looked like a regular dress. I didn't love the design, but I liked that it looked deceptively simple. I was surprised that the judges liked it so much.

A'Keria's dark denim dress was really flattering. Loved the shape, loved the sleeves, loved the cut out in the front. I think if she had used the lighter color of denim that Brooke had, it would have come off differently on the runway. Because the denim was so dark, I could see why the judges said the dress swallowed her up.

Vanjie blew her chance to show the judges something different. Fine, it wasn't a leotard/corset but the silhouette wasn't THAT different from what she usually wears and the pieces did not look well made. The knotted top looked like there was barely enough to call it a top and the skirt looked like a piece of fabric wrapped around her waist.

Ra'Jah's burlap pants were fine. I don't know why she thought they were so great. They didn't fit well and they weren't sewn well. Her bark corset was the same. Like she made something and it wasn't the worst thing I'e ever seen, but it wasn't great so it seemed odd to me that she was so delusionally proud of it. I didn't like that it was so brown from head to toe.

Plastique's bark and feather outfit was pretty and i liked all the red. I liked all the feathers she used for the headdress. I wish the shape had been different from what she usually wears, but I get that in these design challenges, you have limited options so she chose to use a corset as the base. If she hadn't done that, she wouldn't have been able to create that look.

I am glad that Ra'Jah is finally gone. She was so negative and bitchy and clearly delusional if she thought this week's runway look was as amazing as she said it was. And although I know that you can lip sync your way to safety, this was the THIRD time she was in the bottom. To me, that says it was time for her to go.

I liked that even though Yvie was exempt from learning the stupid line dance, she didn't just sit on her ass. She really played up her part and drew attention to herself with her performance.

I haven't watched any Untucked this season and it sounds like I should keep up that trend. I don't need to listen to everyone screaming at each other.

• Love 4

There is such a contrast between how earnest and sincere Nina is and how bitter Ra'jah is. I was bummed that I had to work and couldn't watch at the club tonight, but the blessing is that I got to rewind on DVR when Ross made a lame corn joke on the runway and they cut to Yvie laughing like a goof.

Yes, I am also noticing how cute Vanjie is out of drag. I have a weakness for boys in snapbacks.

Akeria is really growing on me now that she's been able to break through from the pack.

Alyssa Edwards showed yet again that she really is an excellent teacher, just like in S10 when she was a dance coach.

I was surprised they didn't do a song Kandi Burruss has written for the lip-sync! She is actually one of the wealthiest Real Housewives because she co-wrote "No Scrubs" and "Bills, Bills, Bills" amongst other great R&B songs including "X-Girlfriend" off the "Rainbow" album by Mariah Carey, WHO DID *NOT* SING SO EMOTIONAL, THAT WAS WHITNEY, GOOD-BYE, RA'JAH, DO NOT LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE ASS ON THE WAY OUT.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
36 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

Mariah Carey, WHO DID *NOT* SING SO EMOTIONAL, THAT WAS WHITNEY, GOOD-BYE, RA'JAH, DO NOT LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE ASS ON THE WAY OUT.

Ha, that's what initially put her on my radar too. When she said that, I was like GURL, NO YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT ON CAMERA!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Alyssa mentoring these bitches on the runway was the highlight of the episode. It was all downhill from there...except for the fabulous moment at the end when Ra'Jah finally got sent packing.

Vanjie and Brooke Lynn's homance seems to have run its course.

• Love 8

I was DYING with Brooke hiding her under the couch pillows and sipping her cocktail in untucked ! And

STFU, Silky Nuts Meh FatAss ! You're NOT loved by America (at least, not by Switzerland !), you're NOT "sexy", you're NOT "beautiful" ! You're just an hateful, jealous, vile, disgusting and, most of all, delusional bitch !

• Love 7

I like Ivy I really do but she has to learn that yes she is being HONEST but none of these girls are asking her opinion on anything so her just speaking up on her own comes across has an attack. And inserting herself into others Drama is shit stirring its not "keeping it real" ..she isn't friends with any of these girls (she even said that last night) so of course when you start going on about how they are shit at drag etc etc it comes across as an attack.. Rajah girl I don't know who hurt you but you gotta take that anger and work on it sis cause that aint healthy.... If plastique did Lie about her family that is some DIRTY DIRTY tactics to win

• Love 5

Yvie, girl.  I love  you, I love everything about you, but sometimes you gotta know that it's just better to sit back and let the girls be delusional than to engage and give them a target for their persecution complexes.

I'm gonna be over here in the couch fort with Brooke.

• Love 17

IMO, Yvie was robbed. Plastique looked pretty, but winning for another corset/sparkly tights combo?

Are the judges ever going to call her out on how blatantly she keeps repeating the same silhouette? I was agreeing wholeheartedly with Silky when she complained about that - and when I find myself agreeing with Silky, I know something is very wrong.

I'm also getting really sick of the idea that if you're quiet, it means something's wrong with you, and you must have some sort of trauma or lack of confidence holding you back. It's true in some cases...but a lot of us are just introverts.

Edited by Blakeston
  • Love 18

Thanks for the clarification on the "inconsistency." I took Plastique's workroom story as more that her family was split over her drag, not that they'd thrown her out or whatever, so she didn't talk about it in front of them to avoid being the cause of arguments, and that seemed to match up with what the boyfriend said. 

I wonder why Silky-Rajah chose Plastique to be the center of their conspiracy theories. This week it was family, last week it was wigs. Maybe they thought she was weak and they could knock her off her game, but really they've just made her more interesting. I wasn't a fan after the whole "I don't know pop culture" nonsense a few weeks back, now they've helped me see her in a different light.

I was thinking last night...are the O'Hara's taking their name from Gone with the Wind? If so, I appreciate them being accurate, because they tend to be overdramatic narcissists who think they're the victims of the story.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Okay. So many things to say about this episode, let's proceed with order.

1. The category of the runway wasn't really clear, to me at least. I thought they had to make clothes out of whatever organic material they found on the tables, so when the queens came out for the runway I thought for sure Brooke Lynn and A'Keria would've been in the bottom because their outfit did not look "farm to runway" at all. I love Brooke but honestly all she did was drape a piece of denim around her waist and wear sliced oranges for earrings.

2. I'm not a huge fan of Plastique because yeah, she's innocuous but she's pretty average in every category. This week to me everything about her was the proof of how scripted this show really is. I really can't with all the drama and the sob stories anymore. And I'm not talking about Plastique alone, I mean everybody. You're in a room with people who probably all had to face the same obstacles and prejudices you've faced, and this of course doesn't diminish your struggle, it just means you shouldn't take advantage of it to get ahead in the competition because everyone could do the same, except some choose not to. Another "mmmkay" moment about Plastique was when Ru praised her walk on the runway. She has literally walked like that since day one, but obviously the day Alyssa Edward came and "fixed" her, Ru had to say something about it, like it was such a change. 

3. I was a bit surprised when Brooke got so many compliments for her outfit while Ra'jah was in the bottom for hers, which was honestly not that bad. I mean, I'm glad she's gone because she was a bundle of evil, but what are we judging here, the person? The outfit? The drama they bring? Not sure.

4. I adored Shuga's look. She and her swept away hair should've been in the top.

5. So in the past few episodes I started to notice how Silky is the only queen who often looks directly into the camera, like she was auditioning for her own show already. But then again, in Untucked she finally admitted she's here for the people of America (good luck with that) so I guess that makes sense in her head.

6. I also thought Scarlet did a better job than A'Keria with her lip sync last week. So seeing how Ru and the judges seemed like they already had their heart set on sending Ra'jah home this week, they could have just sent her home last week so at least we would still have Scarlet, who deserved and wanted to stay on the show more than her!

Edited by stormy weather
  • Love 8

I don't like Silky at all, but I kind of enjoyed her outfit tonight.  Also, every time I'm just amazed by how much she looks like Oprah in drag.

No idea how Vanjie managed to escape the bottom. 

Ra'jah's outfit wasn't terrible, but she's been circling the drain, so... meh.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Temperance said:

Omg, it's not just me?!  The other day, I was like is there a glitch in the matrix or is vanjie... kind of hot? 

• Love 7

I’ve liked Yvie, but this episode, she was a big ole hypocrite.  Her attacks on Silky and Vanjie had little to do about being real and a whole lot about them telling Ru, she should be next to go.   What makes it even sillier is that they both seemed to pick her because they didn’t really want to pick anyone, and picked reasons that had nothing to do with her drag.  Just like Akeria picked Brooke because she was competition, rather than pick the person she thought was the worst.     Yvie could make the argument that she was mad at Vanjie and Silky for not being honest about who should be the bottom, , but she wasn’t mad at Akeria who did the same.  So it looked like she was really mad because they both said her.  Which made her “truth” attacks not feel very genuine.  

• Love 5
14 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Does anyone think that Nina and Suga were the winners of the mini challenge because Ru wanted to say Nina "Breast" and Suga "Tits"?

Oddly enough this is the first time I’ve felt that the mini challenge was in bad taste...then I reminded myself that making fun of female stereotypes is one of the elements of drag and I got over it.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

While I appreciate a season that isn't all about sisterhood, this was exhausting to watch, and nobody really came off well except Brooklyn and the ones who got no real airtime. 

Silky is working overtime to set up her vs. Yvie, I wonder if it will actually happen. 

No, Plastique's story was not inconsistent.  Her boyfriend basically said that Plastique's family SHOULD be proud of her eventually and that hopefully they'll come around to loving her as a drag star like the rest of the world does ... or something along those lines. 

I don't know what A'Keria (who I really like) thought she heard ... but her telling Rajah about it made EVERYTHINGGG worse.  Rajah was just lashing out because she's been sucking and was in the bottom 2 again and, I'm glad she got sent home.

• Love 13

So great having Alyssa back!  Love her.

Ok.

Ra'Jah ... BYEEEEEEEEE.  Nasty about Scarlet in the beginning.  Nasty towards Plastique when she told Ru her story.  Delusional about her looks/performance.  And then the Untucked crap.  I repeat ... BYEEEEE Drag Queen-of-no-distinction.

#meangirl

As for the rest, glad Nina held on.  She' wasn't bad this weak, at all.  But I figured she'd be bottom tier with that look.

A'keria had an off week.  She's been coming up in my rankings.  So hopefully she can right the ship next week.

Shuga impressed me for the first time this week; ditto Plastique (what a breakthrough week).  And as I mentioned elsewhere, she seemed consistent with her story, to me.  It seems that her family has yet to accept her as a drag queen even if they still love her.  There is definitely strain there.

Yvie.  I think she's a unique queen.  And, to be honest, I do agree with almost everything that comes out of her mouth.  She just needs to be quiet more often than not.  Let the other girls - namely, Silky (ughhhh) - self-destruct.

I wasn't wild about Vanjie's behavior in Untucked.  But I think it comes from a place of trying too hard to impress Ru and not just taking a deep breath and bring the best Vanjie she can be.  I think she and Yvie will get over their spat; hope so.  Vanjie seems to self-aware of her faults to not realize she could be taking out her frustrations of people she shouldn't.

Brooklyn still slaying.  Her couch antic in Untucked were right on.

Edited by filmfan2480
  • Love 8

It was amusing when Ra'Jah said she'd been in the bottom twice, conveniently omitting her participation in the 6-way group lipsync debacle. Like that somehow didn't count.

I don't even watch Untucked and was still fed up with Ra'Jah and her bitter attitude. She may have intended her confessional interviews to come off as cute gay tea spilling, but they actually were jealously vindictive and deluded. Her drag never bowled me over or made me laugh.

My decider with Drag Race queens is always "would I pay to see this person at a club or convention?" The ability to entertain is much more important to me than beauty or expensive costumes.

• Love 10

I was disappointed that Yvie implied that a person can't "keep it real" and be cordial at the same time. I normally agree with the things she says, but she often doesn't use tact when bringing them up (and her timing is often bad). Vanjie said she knew the information was right, but to me, Yvie kicks a downed dog by reiterating points. Bring up that she needs to get away from the leotard looks when they're in the workroom getting ready at the start of a new challenge - not right after the judges reamed her on the main stage. I still like Yvie's drag and interpretation of the challenges, and I know she's self-aware that she doesn't always have great timing or delivery. This environment probably isn't conducive to growth in that area though!

I realized during this episode that I love Brook's confessional outfit. Some of the queens create a fashionable look for the confessionals, but she's just wearing a red hoodie and white t-shirt. The normalcy just makes me smile.

I like that Shuga Cain isn't predictable. There's some inconsistency, but I enjoy the diversity of looks. (Plus, I've enjoyed the cultural aspects she's incorporated.)

After all of this drama, I want to rewatch the 30-minute interview with the queens that was shared before the season started. I think it was Yvie who had a comment in there that viewers have a right to be entertained by the drama, but not to participate in it. 

• Love 3

I’m so ready for Snatch Game next week, because the challenges the last two episodes have bored the bejesus out of me.  The queens are actually pretty interesting this season, even if they fight a lot, but c’mon, show, pick up the pace with the kinds of challenges we’re getting, cause lately they feel like snoozefests.  Tonight’s felt like they were simply thinking “oh, umm, let’s, I dunno, maybe just do a Project Runway unconventional materials challenge, yeah, that’ll kill an episode;” and then they thought “wait, that’s not enough to fill ninety minutes, so throw in a line dance that doesn’t particularly feel at all consequential.”

Thank god for Alyssa, but even her segment was basically just watching the queens do their usual walks out of costume which isn’t exactly riveting television.  Alyssa’s humor is pretty much the only thing that kept my finger off the fast forward button.

I wonder if the reason Untucked has played up soooooo much screaming and yelling his season is that the producers sense that the regular part of the show isn’t living up to as high an entertainment value as it usually is, and should be.  Put a little more thought— and fun, for god’s sake— into the challenges, please, producers.

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:32 AM, Temperance said:

SHE REALLY IS! I was stalking her IG the other day and I was like "dayumn boiii".

I'm currently having a mini stroke because I love Alyssa so much. ❤️ 

Ru to Silky: "You've been getting by on that personality of yours" … and no truer words were ever said.

Buh-bye Ra'Jah!

10 minutes ago, bobbyjoe said:

Put a little more thought— and fun, for god’s sake— into the challenges, please, producers.

Personally I enjoy design challenges, but still, couldn't agree with this more. 

• Love 2

Though Plastique looked good...I think her look is basically the same thing every week, just tweaked to fit the theme.  She's never clocked for it either.  I'm in no way siding with Ra'Jah on the conspiracy thing because I'm SO glad to see Ra'Jah go, but  Vanjie got called out on wearing the silhouette style a few weeks in a row.  Just saying the judges need to keep the rules the same for all the girls.   

Silky is BEYOND delusional at this point.  And if by some chance she ends up winning, I'm done with this show.  Because I don't find anything remotely likable about her.  

The highlight of this week for me was Alyssa.  She's one of my all-time faves and never fails to make me smile.  

Edited by zengirl1215
  • Love 8
On 4/13/2019 at 9:20 AM, noveltylibrary65 said:

Did I miss Ru's personality chat with Shuga Cain? I feel like she is the most invisible.  I wish Brooklynn could've won with that gorgeous dress, but it just didn't match the challenge well.

I guess they thought Brooke Lynn's was too polished, but I agree, I loved it and thought it was beautiful. The orange accessories were fabulous. I've loved all of her looks - she's my pick for the win.

Silky, I'm in America and I do not love you. If she starts addressing America directly I wouldn't be surprised if the late great Bernie Mac came back from beyond to set her straight about addressing America. (I LOVED the Bernie Mac Show) 😄

When Rajah referred to her TWO times in the bottom (before this ep) I was like "Lower Tier Queen, it's THREE times, we were ALL subjected to that six queen LSFYL, this is your time so just GO already" complete with finger wag and eyeroll. So glad she is gone, I cannot think of one look of hers this season that impressed me. What is it with the O'Haras and their toxicity?! 

Thank God for Alyssa, who brightens any room she's in. Still loving Yvie and Nina and Brook, I like Shuga but want to get to know her more. 

I just cannot stop watching Untucked, locas. I think it's curiosity re which guest judge will visit them and what they talk about. Vangie's colossal fit really unnerved me but Yvie needs to learn that maybe letting something go for another time would be best? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I'm not loving this season as much as season 10. I think we're at a point where some queens are openly using the show for exposure and have less respect for the integrity of the competition. The one who went home this week (Raja?) openly commenting on the producer's choice to show Plastique's video message instead of one for her, since she was very likely to go home (the 3 lipsynchs and you're out rule still in effect) annoyed me. Being frustrated that you're losing is one thing but calling out the BTS production choices is tacky and undermines the show. What's next? Bitching about who the judges are or which challenges happen when?

I mean we all know Vanjie got some leeway so far - but if the show starts having the girls on screen discussing it, it's awkward.

Then we have Silky all but declaring herself the next Trixie and Katya and bulldozing through every conversation like she knows she'll be invited back for future seasons and get a webseries.

It's like because this is a successful franchise now, some of the girls are over it and see it as a stepping stone. There's a lack of class. I know this is just "reality" tv but I enjoy it more when there is an effort put into making that reality convincing. I'd like to think these contestants are excited to win and trying hard to do so.

...even if I get that it's a not always a fair game. You know?

Anyway, I wonder what Brooklyn thinks of Vanjie after all that screaming. I lost some respect for her.

I see Vanjie, Brooklyn, Silky and Nina and Yvie as top five.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

I'm not sure how long Nina's going to be around since the judges have been generally lukewarm towards her. I can't force them to like camp, but I also think it's a bit unfair to criticize her basically for not being fishy enough (eg, costumes not "proportional") when that's not what she's going for. Same with Yvie Oddly, whose esthetic is right in her damned name. She's never going to serve pageant glamor.

• Love 2