Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

I avoided the Canon this week just because I haven't gotten to Kimmy Schmidt yet (and speaking of spoilers that were my own damn faulty because I'm still not quite done with season 6, hello Parks & Rec in game time) but now I want to see that the hell the context of the Cape May reference was in the end credits.

• Love 2

The final clip of Daddy's Boy capped by "but why?" was an excellent finish. I loved the Canon Submission and laughed the whole way through. Even though it was a very new show, it was a stronger contender than many I've heard.

And ITA with the "it's your job" for the difficulties of a dance show. I used to work on cruise ships as a costumer and the dancers had to learn three full shows in two weeks. And deal with weigh ins, seasickness (including loss of gravity during large waves), quick changes and live audiences. Professional dancers on a TV series should have no complaints about nailing choreography in a week (more really, depending on shooting schedules and rehearsals). I bet the Glee cast spent more time recording than the dancers would need for rehearsal.

• Love 2

In no particular order: Hawaii Five-O (stopped watching the remake a couple of years ago, but the theme song's a classic), Parks and Recreation, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (they ALIVE, dammit!), and a couple of choice Canadian ones, Murdoch Mysteries and Republic of Doyle (oh, yeah!).

• Love 3

Trip the spreadeagle may have been a casualty of the recording problems. Actually now that I think of it there wasn't really a question 17 due to the format and that may be what you meant.

This has been "radish overthinks it"!  ;)

• Love 3

I too bemoan the lack of teenage dance dramas on TV, there's nothing crackpotted about that Sarah! I assume you've already binged the delightful Australian teen dance drama, "Dance Academy" on Netflix then?

I would have to say Wonder Woman's theme just got me ready and excited for the coming episode.  Two other older themes I always listen to: Barney Miller and The Bob Newhart Show. Both are instrumentals paired with their respective credit sequences very well.

ITA with EricJ's Chuck, and add Bones' theme too.

Now, I'm not sure this will count, but The Fall Guy's "Unknown Stuntman" got me to sing-along even if I didn't watch the show that week. 

I liked both of Monk's themes. psych was a blast as well, with their episode appropriate themes too.

Terriers had a GREAT theme song.

This is one theme song that I purchased and have in my iTunes. I love it. But I hadn't listened to it in ages, so I thank you for reminding me. (Listening to it right now.)

Edited by smrou
  • Love 1

(Also, I went to the Jekyll and Hyde club two years ago, on purpose. Because I'm great!)

Wait, that's a real place?

The song "Daddy's Boy" cracked me up in general, but the little burst of laughter at "my Daddy's tall and sweet, like a candy cane" just killed me.

Edited by EllieH

Surely Tara should call "Different Strokes" as the greatest theme music. It's almost her theme song!

ETA: But the fanfare from Cagney & Lacey is pretty iconic, too.

Edited by John Potts

GoT--I tried picking them up on the recommendation of several friends a few years ago and couldn't get through the first one (and I do like many kinds and genres of books!). Somehow I got the idea to listen to the audiobooks of them, I think due to doing an extremely boring tech job at the time and walking a long ways to work. MY POINT is that Roy Dotrice, who later shows up in s2 of GoT the show, reads 3 of the audiobooks. I love his choices for the pronunciation of the character's names, and he actually sings the songs that are in the book. Apparently he broke a Guiness record for the number of distinct characters he does. Having it read TO you is much better. That said I'm not a superfan. I had a frenzy of listening to them (very entertaining) and then wandered off. Made it through the first season then never went back, though I would like to see Blackwater at some point.

I love Daddy's Boy for The Canon. I think I laughed the hardest at this episode. Well spotted on the music being front and center. I feel like to a lesser extent music was a significant part of what I remember about 30 Rock--I can still hear the jaunty "here comes Liz Lemon whose day is about to be ruined" music.

Thanks for the podcast!

• Love 1

Benson:  After two distinguished terms as governor, Benson Dubois is hand-picked as Bill Clinton's running mate, and after two terms as Vice President, is narrowly elected the first African-American President of the United States.  Despite friction with the Republican minority in the House (not to mention his own Secretary of State, Clayton Endicott III), he is buoyed by the capture of minor terrorist Osama Bin Laden in August of 2001, and his "Do It Yo' OWN Self" policy in the Middle East, handily winning a second term, and his support helps usher his second-term Vice President, Barack Obama, into the presidency.

• Love 1

Show to be MST3K'd: Arrow

Commentators: Bonnie, Christie of Mom

Show to be MST3K'd: CSI: Cyber

Commentators:  Reese, Finch, Fusco and Root of Person of Interest

Show to be MST3K'd: Once Upon a Time

Commentators: Backstrom, Gravely, and Moto of Backstrom

"Don't Stop Me Now" is my favorite Queen song, by far. But I wouldn't be able to use it, because whenever I hear it I think of the scene in "Shaun of the Dead" where everyone is beating up zombies with pool cues in time to that song, which has somehow started playing on the jukebox in the bar.

And "Mr. Tambourine Man" is Shatner cheese at its finest.

• Love 1

I may be the only person in the EHG-verse who giggled with glee at the "Even Stevens" clip and then proceeded to sing along to every word. No shame.

I knew it, too! I was a big Even Stevens fan back when my kids were tweens. Shia LeBeouf was such a standout talent when he was a goofy kid.
  • Love 1

You guys YOU GUYS: I worked out a logical reason for the Red Robin sponsorship/challenge. Someone on the show was watching old episodes of The Simpsons and just took the "try my Red Robin suit" line of See My Vest too literally.

...At least, that's a better explanation that the show gave, right?

No TV theme song has ever been better than the one for Angie:

I came here specifically to mention Angie!

My others are Parks and Rec, Parenthood, House of Cards, NYPD Blue, Bob Newhart, and, if I would ever have a chance to watch it again, The Rockford Files.

• Love 1

I may be the only person in the EHG-verse who giggled with glee at the "Even Stevens" clip and then proceeded to sing along to every word. No shame.

I can't believe I remembered that song! I was shouting, "Even Stevens!" I loved that show. I still love Shia.

• Love 1