Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

On Hulu Plus, you can watch "In the Realm of the Senses", a Japanese film from the 70s famous featuring lots of unsimulated sex. Apparently, you see EVERYTHING. So it would be pretty weird if they censored lessor things on other programming.

I actually heard that as I was saying it so I'm sure I actually said evergreen and not Eva Green because I'm great that way.

I for one look forward to many more episodes of Extract Heart Gravy with Damsel T. Creole, Tomato Arachnid, Sharpie D. Blernsball, and notable recurring guest hosts Jerusalem "Smooshed Jerky Apology" Reddit, Monopoly Battleship, and Orange Gattaca.

I was a day behind listening to the podcast, and it featured my Deer Forest commercial! How exciting!

I've never watched a single episode of 90210 (didn't have cable or a Fox station growing up) so I'm going to try to watch along with Tara and Sarah.

@Denay, if I remember the end of that flick correctly, Barinholtz dropping an S-bomb won't even register with Hulu S&P -- if such a department exists.

I only made it through 15 minutes of the movie, but in that time there were 2-3 sex acts (again, unsimulated) and a whole lot of penises. So yeah, total hypocrisy if cursing and butts aren't allowed on The Mindy Project. (You guys said butts in the podcast, right?)

I've never watched a single episode of 90210 (didn't have cable or a Fox station growing up) so I'm going to try to watch along with Tara and Sarah.

I really want to listen to a Sarah/Tara podcast, especially one going through a show an episode at a time. But I've never watched 90210, and I think I'll hate it. Would it be a fun show to hate watch, or do you need to actually like it?

Well, I have watched every episode of BH90210 and will totally be listening to the new podcast. 

Regarding Mindy Project, even if Hulu can have butts, they might not to sell these for syndication later. Sort of like the no-profanity version of Sopranos that they made.

I am pretty sure KFC is the only thing keeping Pepsi in business down here in Australia, so... yes, Pepsi is not OK.

I'm choosing to believe 90210 is basically Dawson's Creek with Dawson's Crying Face replaced by Ian Ziering's resting face, so obviously I will be hate-watching.

It's amusing to me how much you guys hate (or maybe it's just 'don't get') Doctor Who. You all said in Game Time that you hated the sound of the Tardis, whereas for me, and I would suggest for most other Who-lovers, it's a wonderful, comforting sound of our childhood.

You'd think a person named purist would know Doctor Who fans call themselves Whoovers.

Bwah! I deliberately avoided the commonly used term for Who-lovers (it's not Whoovers) because I HATE IT.

Wow, I didn't notice "killing a unicorn" in either episode. In what contexts was it used?

The first one was regarding The Following and that James Purefoy's demise was like killing a unicorn, which I didn't notice at first because, agreed in the sense that he was the only reason I stuck out season one. Then Tara tried for an under her breath redux during the Nashville segment and I was sold. However, I have to give credit to the fact that just hours earlier I was explaining to my mother that racism on Archer could be funny, but I don't think she got the whole "black astronaut" joke.

No, that's Colon, which will devolve into medical procedures and health documentaries.

The Stephen J. Cannell Channel will run his TV and film works, then devolve into 24 hour infomercials that have former Cannell stars/ alums shilling cds of 80s oldies or dvds of various shows. It drifts to become SJC, pronounced "sudge" ( the C is silent), where industrial mining films, oil rig footage and reruns of Gold Rush: Alaska air.

It's biggest competition is The Mark Harmon Network. It's wall-to-wall with movies and NCIS. We see Harmon grow into the silver fox he is. Plus the times he shared the screen with Johnny Depp, Kirstie Alley, and Sean Connery!   It drifts to MkHN, pronounced "makin' ", and craft shows and interior design on a sub-shoestring  budget shows from around the country air.

Then, there's Bubbles. It's where old soaps are stripped 24/7.  Eventually, it succumbs to drift and repeats of every Real Housewives is aired, alongside every other familial-based reality show from 2000. It's rebranded as NYNJOCBHATLMELB.

No, that's Colon, which will devolve into medical procedures and health documentaries.

Which is what Lifetime started as 30 years ago...

(edited)

Wait, I thought the current one was Whovians (which,yes is terrible). What is it?

That's the one. And that's why I avoided using it. Awful name.

Edited by purist

So glad to hear someone admit that Archer isn't actually good anymore!
Randomly pressing a soundboard of "Archer!" "Phrasing!" "Phrasing!!!" "arCHERRR!" would be... exactly the same as any new episode of the show.
(Although I binge-watched the first 4 seasons or so, so certain trends were definitely highlighted.)

Meanwhile, I definitely thought of Clone High as a second pick. It got a perfect non-ending, but still...

*subtle, longing gaze into the distance*

• Love 1

In New Orleans, this commercial was on all the time. It's one of those things that unified us a city -- everyone seemed to go through the stages of confusion, annoyance, acceptance, and then, finally, surprisingly, deep abiding love.

It's like a secret handshake. Don't know what to say in a group of strangers? Just spout "Let 'er have it" or in your best approximation of the nearly-unintelligible declaration of "The Special Man", and you're in.

In this version, the only one I could find online, there are a few difference to the "classic" formula. The commercial changed each time in the first 30 seconds. The last 30 are the thing that was always the same. They added all the "with no problem" stuff to try to get that guy to be the new special man after Mr. Lester died. The other parts of the original also featured the customers saying "I got the 50 dollars" with a dead-eyed stare instead of the excitable lady that is there now.

Here's a parody done by the NBA team the Pelicans. Note the homage to the obvious toupee and the attempt to replicate the famous "Frankie Shuffle."

• Love 1

Finally managed to get this to run on my computer. Since I've never watched an episode of Mad Men I didn't really care about its finale. But "Pepsi is not OK" reminds me of what a friend used to say if he ever ordered a Coke and the waitress/bar man replied "Is Pepsi OK?" "NO! Pepsi is the work of the devil!" (OK, he never did in my hearing)

Loved the Game Time and couldn't believe some of the ones that were missed. Then again I was kicking myself for not recognising KITT!

And it's Whovians, dammit!

(edited)

Excellent. I knew you would like the Quickway Diner commercial. I moved into this part of New York about a decade ago, and have now seen their commercials approximately 1,500 times. As far as I can tell, these guys have been running commercials with that jingle since the beginning of cable TV.

soybombyx, as far as I can remember, this one is by far the best one from our area.  Johnston's Toyota is also another one that sticks in my ear, but nothing like Teek and Vee.

Edited by JTMacc99

There were so many Gallery Furniture ads in Atlanta featuring Wolfman and Donna with plays on "Hey, ask for the Wolfman!". This clip shows the general idea:

• Love 1

Not to salt the wound, but that was a really entertaining Canon section. I have definitely been in the position of trying to explain an interest that doesn't quite translate to general audiences, so getting to hear the other side of that dynamic was fascinating.

I have resigned myself to never figuring out the Phrase that Doesn't Pay. I just get caught up in the show.

• Love 4

Just FYI, if you have one for the show, send it to me at david@previously.tv or Twitter @glark. This is not a submission thread and I probably am not going to use any from here as the surprise is gone.

• Love 1