Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

Liv's joyful "OOOT-LANDER!" made my entire week.

ITA^.  

Game Time was fun, but delightfully challenging.  Thank you Liv and Leah!

I haven't watched Penny Dreadful, but I might  try to catch-up. The discussion made it sound interesting and the cast sounds fabulous.

Oh, I just assumed it was an awkward insertion. Sorry I doubted your finesse! My back up guess was Shawshank Redemption. Not sure if I get more than one crack at it.

(edited)

Great? I look forward to being known as the gal that limited everyone to one guess. It's going on my resume right now!

Edited by Delwyn
  • Love 2

Love Dave's wonderings about Ethan Chandler's moustache.

Whenever I watch Vampire Diaries and they vamp-speed somewhere I start thinking about the practicalities of vamp-speed. Does it burn huge amounts of calories? Can they run at that speed for long distances, or like a cheetah can they only do it in bursts? Is this why every place in TVD seems to be so close?

Also, Eva Green = Evergreen. Just noticed this...

I found that to be just the most challenging Game Time that I can remember. Apparently I'm really bad at visualizing things because I just drew a total blank on almost all the clues. Also I possibly don't pay much attention to title cards (though I'd recognize them if I saw them, I'm sure).

(edited)

I heard Eva Green as Evergreen, which briefly confused me.

You can't exactly "play along at home" by pressing the button since you see the answer! Though it's nice to see that Livy's still getting work (I loved her recaps of "Face Off", even if I never saw the show) and she's actually pretty good at describing (though I suspect some nepotism is at work here)!

MuuMuuChainsmoker Liv's joyful "OOOT-LANDER!" made my entire week.

I think you're speaking for every listener there!

Edited by John Potts

I loved that Game Time! I'm terrible at paying attention to stuff like that, so I knew maybe a half dozen total, but Liv! So great. I particularly liked that the way she described things, if you didn't know what you were listening to, it sounded kind of like a 6-year-old Nostradamus. "I see a blue sky, a foggy blue sky, and water and a man, walking across it, with words, one black, one white..."

My memory sensors went off and I went back to check that past episode and the earlier Comeback episode was actually *not* inducted into the Canon so the archives may need to be updated. Game time was brilliant and for some reason I was really impressed by Olivia's use of the word "brands."

You know how those of you who watch Orphan Black feel when Kira comes on screen? I kind of felt that way about the Face Off segments, though they were easy to fast forward through. I realize I'm in the minority here, but I didn't love that game time. Kids are cute and all, but a little goes a long way.

For me, The Sopranos ended when Dr. Melfi dropped Tony. Her window into Tony's world closed and so did ours. Everything after that was just wrap up.

I thought the blackout ending was perfect. It goes on and on and

Hearing it again, the Smoke Monster from Lost is just cribbed from Jurassic Park sound effects, right? I forgot that's why I thought it was scary at first.

Yes, Sarah: you have to watch the Giamatti John Adams. And oh look, it's Moriarty! (Sherlock, get back on my TV!)

The Washington discussion slayed me. Sarah and Dave's descriptions of the various GW portrayals were hilarious.

Game Time was so fun; great idea!

"where I put my keys down" or whatever Sarah's exact phrasing was?

FYI for future guessing: I use that locution constantly, so you can put that in the It'll Never Be That file along with "that's what she said" and "as you may have read in the men's room." 

Congrats, Delwyn!

• Love 1

Regarding the upcoming Again With This podcast, only the first season of Beverly Hills 90210 is on Amazon Prime. The other seasons aren't even available for purchase to stream, unfortunately.

Hulu usually make their original/imported shows binge-able for Hulu Plus subscribers, and release them weekly for regular people, though they've recently stopped releasing their originals for free at all: Season 2 of Deadbeat went up a month ago, and is still almost all behind the paywall. Ditto Resident Advisors.

90210 PS: If we keep to the schedule we're planning, Pop TV (formerly the TV Guide Channel) is going to come around to the beginning of the series so you can DVR them. I will keep watching, so STAY TUNED.