Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

Wait, why do my carefully accumulated Dave Points have to disappear? I PROTEST.

Also, I declare Tara's three Trip Points to still be valid and redeemable.

• Love 4
(edited)

I haven't even finished listening to this episode but I just have to comment on the gloriousness that was the response to the canon submission. I feel a little bad that, you know, someone put time, energy, and care into making the submission and then I just couldn't stop laughing at how hard you guys all stomped all over it, but...man, that was funny to me. It was just this round and round of, "Oh, and another thing I really really hated was..." Good times, man.

Edited by smrou
  • Love 5

"These are the Daves I know I know, these are the Daves I know..." Man, it was good to hear that song again.

What a fun Game Time, Patrick! Well done. I especially loved the Benson trio at the end, for just a touch of absurdity.

• Love 1

I actually knew the kid who "directed" the David Duchovny, Why Won't You Love Me? music video (he collected shots of people on the FOX studio lot lip-synching the song) as the producer's gift to David. One of the best music videos ever. It's so perfectly 90s.

• Love 1

Mark Blankenship is a national treasure. I love the way Mark is able to speak so thoughtfully about every topic, including explaining why Rocco's Modern Life is not canon-worthy. He really earns that Blankenship chair again and again. I'm sure you'll tell us WHEN we can see him on Jeopardy!

• Love 2

I was feeling pretty old/uncool listening to that Canon submission, because the clips just made me want to stick daggers in my ears. So I was a little gratified that everyone else hated it just as much (sorry, Patrick - but really fun Game Time!)

• Love 1

One of my all-time favorite guilty pleasures shows! Featuring half the cast of the underrated, no-one-watched-but-me-and-my-cat "Camp"!

It's so weird to hear the words "subversive nihilism" in regards to one of my favorite shows when I was 4. You totally would have had my vote...for a different episode. (Maybe the episode that's one big The Shining reference? Or the Paris two-parter.) Even as a kid this episode always seemed too angry to me.

• Love 1

Ooh that was me who suggested Sarah check this show out! I binge watched this a year or two ago, and it made my teenage drama/dance movie loving heart squee. Sure, it had its corny bits, and season three lost some steam, but it hit the spot quite well for the genre, and the end of season two really got me. Plus, Australia!!

• Love 1

Since the DH was going to run some errands, I asked him to pick up some of the Reese's Oreos that Dave raved about.

They are what they say on the tin, sir!   Nearly Thin Mint level of mindlessly eating the whole pack in one sitting. Thank you  for giving us the tip!

• Love 1

I did not in any way anticipate that viewing incorrect guesses would be far more thrilling than actually getting the correct answer myself. Thanks to EHG for validating this aspect of my personality. Keep up the good work!

• Love 1

@Moda29 - great minds think alike. I also recommended this. Binged it during the polar vortex. Still mad about the end of season two! And loved that "Fran" from Strictly Ballroom was in it!

MuuMuuChainSmoker I floved both  "Silk Stalkings" and "Friday the 13th The Series". So many fond memories of watching both. I was never a fan of Eerie, Indiana though. But this mini is making me want to revisit it.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's so weird to hear the words "subversive nihilism" in regards to one of my favorite shows when I was 4. You totally would have had my vote...for a different episode. (Maybe the episode that's one big The Shining reference? Or the Paris two-parter.) Even as a kid this episode always seemed too angry to me.

Although it's definitely not up to the Rugrats and Doug level, I did enjoy Rocko's Modern Life as a kid. However, I don't remember seeing the episode submitted, but it does sound horrible. Also, phoned-in or not, I love the B-52's theme song of the show.

Edited by Denay
  • Love 1

Did Dave choose Patrick's Game Time submission because he knew the Canon submission was going to get blaaaasted? It was really fitting that you all discussed Drag Race in this ep, too, because y'all were throwin' some SHAAAADE. I had to put on a sweater. Sorry, Patrick.