Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

I think the submitter (Dan) did mention 30 Rock. Maybe we didn't read that part.

I went back and re-listened to the mini and Tara does read Dan's suggestion of 30 Rock. My bad. It wasn't in any of the comments here and I forgot that it was said during the episode.

So, I'm like a year and couple months late here, but wow... Thank you for pointing me to Look Around You.  Heh. 

I watched the Calcium one as well and loudly cackled at the experiment where they turned up the dial and the image of the pile of calcium moved.  So much detail and thought was put into that.  Seriously, what kind of machine has a dial where the settings are 2.5, 5, 7, 12 and 15?

I'm getting together with some old friends (mostly smart-ass former engineering students) in a couple weeks. I can't wait to introduce them to these videos.

Catching up on my EHG, I must say this:

1, I was so glad that Tara recognized Shining Time Station, and now the theme song is stuck in my head.

2, as soon as I heard the category "name the actor doing these PSA" I said "come onnnnn smother your kids!"  Which is a weird thing to say out loud…to yourself.

Also, I might have to watch Kimmy Schmidt now.

• Love 3

I think my favorite part of the Cheers episode that didn't get clipped for the Canon submission is when Diane is basically crying to Simon about how she & Sam are fighting for their marriage and shouldn't that count for something, and he responds with a perfect, exasperated "No". 

Also, I totally agree that Ted Danson still manages to pop in those sweaters. I mean, it's a tough fight, but he wins.

Also, that was a surprisingly difficult game time! I didn't realize the never-seen character was such a staple of television history. 

Also, that was a surprisingly difficult game time! I didn't realize the never-seen character was such a staple of television history. 

What killed me was to hear the name, recognize it, and then be frustrated that I couldn't place it.  Binnie from Just Shoot Me is an example.  I didn't remember that I watched that show, yet somehow Binnie rang a bell. 

I was so utterly confident that Wilson from "Home Improvement" would be in the quiz that I called it out for the shits & giggles question before Dave even read the clue. Whoops.

After this one we will have have a rule that you can only win once a month or something like that.

Given it usually takes two or three weeks for a correct guess, can I suggest the month starts only once your own phrase is guessed?

Also, I totally agree that Ted Danson still manages to pop in those sweaters. I mean, it's a tough fight, but he wins.

Sam also rocked the long-sleeved polo with white collar.  To this day, those are still called "Sam Malone shirts" in my household.

I loved that Game Time!  Did I miss Morty, The Nanny's father?  He was seen in the last season, I recall, which to me ruined everything.

That was a great time! Thanks to Dave, Tara, (Sarah) and the EHG gang for having me as a guest, and @jjwalder for creating such a fun game. The "triangulation" aspect of the game was terrific, as it really helped you noodle out how to get to a show (or name) you may not watch or be really familiar with. Also, I play along while listening all the time and I can now say for certain that it's MUCH harder when you're actually in the moment.

Although someone not knowing that Seinfeld is THE "show about nothing" (not to mention any names) seems unfaaaathommmmabllllllle. :-o

And I didn't even watch that show.

She's young!

I think that might have been my favorite Game Time Game yet.  I absolutely loved the puzzle of it.   And the 3 listeners were all very good at it!  I'm sure it is much harder when you're sitting right there than when you're shouting in your car (ok, so I shout out answers in my car).