Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

Thanks Dave.

That was one of the best games ever. I would love to see the phrases that went in originally next to what came out. I am totally going to figure out how to adapt something like this for a party game.

The question in the first round, something about the Upper East Side: what was the answer? I missed it.

Yeah, a few times there's talking over the answer, took a lot of trying to figure out that weird player to catch them.

Regarding music documentaries, technically not TV, but I'd heartily recommend The Wrecking Crew, now on VOD:

If you're into early 60s music, you're a fan of theirs, even if you've never heard of them.

Saw it in theaters, it's great.

God bless Tara and her irrational hatred of Elizabeth Reaser! I'm right there with you. I believe my hate for her began with her stint as "crazy preggers" on Grey's Anatomy, but it could have been anything she's graced. HATE. Just so much hate.

I mean, yes it was George H.W. Bush. I definitely misspoke -- and for the record, I may be Canadian, but the evidence of this podcast episode aside, I do know the difference! I guess I just got used to saying "George W. Bush" when he was President for one thousand years.

I know I'm late to the party, but two observations:

For Tara (re "Very very surprised to learn that Jeff Perry has a female wife"), Jeff Perry was married to Laurie Metcalf back in the day, before her marriage to Matt Roth.

2. To SnideAsides, there have been periods where three people are listed in the Doctor Who credits. Arthur Darvill was third billed for a time, for example.

Not a huge Simpsons watcher, and I was unfamiliar with the meaning of "purple monkey dishwasher." I was racking my brain the entire drive to work trying to figure out what show that might be, until I parked and googled it. Fantastic Game Time, really fun.

Re: Full House reboot

Kids still LOVE that show. It's on all the time on Nick or some version of Nick and if its on, there are kids in my family watching it. It's amazing to me because Oy, with the cloying already! But, they absolutely love it. I imagine they are going after the Girl Meets World crowd as well.

At the start of Game Time, Dave said that the order would be Tara-Sarah-John. I'm pretty sure the order switches to Tara-John-Sarah sometime between the first and second score break. That might explain the confusion about the timing of that second score break.

• Love 1

At the start of Game Time, Dave said that the order would be Tara-Sarah-John. I'm pretty sure the order switches to Tara-John-Sarah sometime between the first and second score break. That might explain the confusion about the timing of that second score break.

The order didn't switch (I have us on my score sheet in the right order); it just might have seemed like that because of the steal-pertunities.

I was incorrect; the order didn't get screwed up.  But there was a skip.  When Dave announced it was everyone's last question before the 2nd score break, Tara had Seinfeld, Sara had Rags to Riches, then you skipped John and went back to Tara for Battlestar Galactica. Play proceeded to Sarah from there after the score break.

• Love 1

I was incorrect; the order didn't get screwed up.  But there was a skip.  When Dave announced it was everyone's last question before the 2nd score break, Tara had Seinfeld, Sara had Rags to Riches, then you skipped John and went back to Tara for Battlestar Galactica. Play proceeded to Sarah from there after the score break.

I hearby dub Wdillon an EHG Honourary Game Time Cop.

• Love 2

An easier way of doing steals in future might be to adapt the Double Dare format - one point for a right answer, pass to the next player and they can either earn two points or pass it back to give you a chance at three, but answer a passed question wrong and you lose a point? I like that we're getting away from the usual "two points for a right answer, one point if you need a hint" format more and more often, but I think this one was a little too confusing to follow.

That ALF clue during Game Time was the closest I've come to losing control of the car on my commute home, it was amazing. 

I tried watching Oz a couple years ago and stopped after three episodes, but this canon submission sounded really good - maybe time to revisit!

My initial answer was, "I'm definitely getting the Delorean." But after hearing Tara, I decided my Delorean would have an interior that was an Emirates First Class room.

• Love 1