Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
denise42

Supernatural Ending

Recommended Posts

I have just heard that Supernatural is finishing next year season 15, the actors have just announced it on Twitter. I will really be sorry to see it finish, but we knew it would eventually it will be heartbreaking to watch the last ever episode.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, denise42 said:

I have just heard that Supernatural is finishing next year season 15, the actors have just announced it on Twitter. I will really be sorry to see it finish, but we knew it would eventually it will be heartbreaking to watch the last ever episode.

Yeah it's posted elsewhere here on this site also--_but yes heartbreaking in a way.  But also pride of the little show that could.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I just heard. I'm a bit stunned, but on the other hand, we all knew it was coming sooner than later. I've been obsessed with this show for about ten years. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself once it's gone. And I'm really glad the creators know ahead of planning the season.

Edited by OrigamiNightmare
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I just saw it on Jensen's IG. With the 3 main actors all having young families, I figured it was on short time. I imagine it's hard on them going back & forth between the US & Canada and probably pretty disruptive to family life.

A big thank you to Jared, Jensen, Misha, Jim.. and all of the cast & crew and their families for giving us 15 great years! I will miss you all. 

Edited by HollyG
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I’ve had a bad day, and this hasn’t made it any easier, even though the writing’s been on the wall.  God bless all the cast and crew, thanks for the ride, and may they all stay in our lives for a long time, in one way or another.

now that I’ve seen their announcement video, I really am fighting back the tears.

Edited by ukgirl71 · Reason: Now I’m crying!
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

What a fucking relief.

Sorry, not sorry.

At this point.

Edited by Myrelle · Reason: Revision
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

What makes me sad is that I´m not happy nor sad. A few seasons ago, maybe even a few episodes ago I would have been devastated (ok, I am exaggerating a bit), now i feel nothing. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Well, I think it is time and I'm not sure I'll be here for 15, depends on how this one finishes.  But I always want the show to end strongly.   Selfishly, I want to see Jensen do something new and not go behind the scenes.  Hopefully, the show will end strong.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

What a trip. I get back into this show after a few years of absence, and it finally goes away. It really is the end of an era, this show has been around for so long. I mean, its taken me through high school, college, grad school, and my first two jobs! I mean, it was kind of inevitable at this point, but its still sad. It really was the little cult show that could.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

While I'll be sad to not have Supernatural to look forward to every week (even when the show made me want to rip my hair out by the roots), I know that this was going to happen at some point. Fifteen seasons is an amazing run and Jared and Jensen have a lot to be proud of. But the show has run it's course. I do think that they're running out of original ideas and they can't keep upping the level of threat the way they've done for so many years. It's time to write the final chapter.

And as for Jared, Jensen and the remainder of the cast... they've been at this a long time. As others have pointed out, they have families and children and other interests. I'm sure that they're both ready to move forward, whether it's for another acting role or whatever else sparks their interest. They certainly have earned whatever opportunities that they may find out there and I wish them all well. I'm grateful that we've gotten to enjoy this show for as long as we have been given and I'm glad that the show is going out at the point when the boys are ready to say goodbye.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Despite my frustration and criticism, I loved this show.  I don’t think any fictional character will climb into my heart again.  I truly loved you Dean Winchester.  Please may your story end with the respect and honour you deserve. You are not 90% crap.  You are a hero and a warrior and you saved people.

Oh absolutely.  I can't think of a character who has ever come to life for me like Dean Winchester has, his complexity, his depth, his huge heart, his almost Promethean will, his humor, his pain.  He's the full package as a character. 

Many years ago, there was a fanfic story on Livejournal, can't remember the title, but the idea of it was that Dean and Sam basically became "gods of the hunt".  As in they lived on in their legend, literally lived on.  I don't do justice to it with that little description but it was an amazing story. 

The show has moved onward(but not upward unfortunately what with trying to "normalize" hunting, treating Dean and to some extent even Sam now as side characters in their own show, etc) since then but if the show could manage to somehow catch even a little of that spirit in it's final season and finale, I'd be OK with that.(even better the J's get final script and writer/director approval on a finale film - so Dabb and the rest can get well and truly ditched.)

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

Oh absolutely.  I can't think of a character who has ever come to life for me like Dean Winchester has, his complexity, his depth, his huge heart, his almost Promethean will, his humor, his pain.  He's the full package as a character. 

Many years ago, there was a fanfic story on Livejournal, can't remember the title, but the idea of it was that Dean and Sam basically became "gods of the hunt".  As in they lived on in their legend, literally lived on.  I don't do justice to it with that little description but it was an amazing story. 

The show has moved onward(but not upward unfortunately what with trying to "normalize" hunting, treating Dean and to some extent even Sam now as side characters in their own show, etc) since then but if the show could manage to somehow catch even a little of that spirit in it's final season and finale, I'd be OK with that.(even better the J's get final script and writer/director approval on a finale film - so Dabb and the rest can get well and truly ditched.)

That fan fic sounds amazing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm still in mild disbelief that the show is actually ending. I've grown accustomed to anticipating a new season/episode for six years now. I'd just graduated high school when I first got into the show, and it'll be three years after my college graduation when it finally ends for good! 

I'll never find a character like Dean Winchester again. That, I am absolutely certain of. The best I can hope for is that Jensen gets his inhumanly beautiful face into future projects that truly appreciate and capitalize on his considerable talents. Hopefully, Marvel's ears have pricked up at the announcement. A high-profile show on a streaming network like Netflix would be great, too.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I found it, Had it saved in my Livejournal "Memories" list. I'll post it in the fanfic thread.  I just re-read it.  LOL More innocent days, when killing a DEMON was a big deal and hunting was a secret, dark life on the fringes.

But still, if they do Season 15(and hopefully a finale film, with no Dabb or anyone on his team involved), then general idea of it, the feel of it, could still happen I think.

Spoiler

Hopefully, Marvel's ears have pricked up at the announcement. A high-profile show on a streaming network like Netflix would be great, too.

Or both, Marvel is supposed to be doing all those TV series on the new Disney Network.  But yeah a great show on one of the streaming networks would be great for Jensen.  They are usually shorter seasons so he could still spent plenty of time with his family.

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I gotta echo what others have been saying, to me Dean Winchester will always be the best character ever written. The character got me through a lot during the good years. It broke my heart when Dabb turned him into a cheap parody of his former glory. It’s amazing that the show ending is a relief but everything has been so watered down. I had hopes the CW would step in before it got to this point but now that it’s here my main hope is after house with a clock in its walls, Kripke may write and sell a movie. Maybe if we are really lucky a few Netflix movies

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sad about it. I think it's probably the best choice and not a total surprise. But still, sad. It does seem like the end of an era. So many memories of watching and sharing this show over the years.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't watch 14.16 and I've only been following very loosely, mostly second-hand, for a good while now.
I'm tired of having this show that I've obsessed over for years, even built online friendships through, reduced to something I wouldn't even watch one whole eposode of if I'd started anytime after season 11.

I'm tired of having my intelligence and my maturity insulted by Andrew Dabb and his mediocre set of writers who lack everything it took to make this show great.

So when I saw that they announced season 15 all I thought was fucking finally!

#sorrynotsorry

Edited by juppschmitz
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not at all sad that it will end, just how it will probably end under the current regime.  

No way this wasn't ultimately J2s decision so good on them.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I'm not at all sad that it will end, just how it will probably end under the current regime.  

No way this wasn't ultimately J2s decision so good on them.

The Michael storyline was probably the last straw. Jensen has not seemed happy with Dabb at all this year. You’re right the CW always said if the ratings held it would go on as long as the J’s wanted. Next weeks con should be very interesting.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I have been watching the show -- and talking about it online -- since it first came on the air. After all these years of watching and re-watching the episodes, and thinking and talking about the show, I can't help feeling sad about seeing it end. It's a big deal for me.

I think there are two sides to it. The fandom side of it will continue to exist, and I think will carry on for a long time to come. But as for the actual show, I think it is time for it to end, and I'm glad they have made this decision.

I was very happy to see how excited Jensen was to play the role of Michael. I think he enjoyed the challenge of doing something different as an actor, and that's something I would like to see as well in the future.  But in my opinion that storyline was handled in a very poor and begrudging manner by the show.  Those who make the show like to talk about how Supernatural is the type of show where you can do new things, go in any direction you want. But I feel like the opposite is true, like the show has become calcified in its old age. So I do think it's time.

Anyway, I think when I look back on the show in MY old age, the things that I will remember will be the parts that I loved. (Especially Dean Winchester. I was a Dean girl from the very beginning, and will always and forever be one!)

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

Just heard the news - so glad it got its own thread or we could really be blowing up the media thread!    It's not unexpected, 15 years is a long time for a show like this.  Heck it's a long time for almost any show.  If you take away things that shouldn't count - non-fiction news programs, game shows, talk shows, cartoons and anything "revived" after a 10 year break - there are not a lot of fiction script shows that have one continuous run like Supernatural has.

As far as seeing it go.......I'm on the fence..........I'll sort of miss it but I think it is time, the arch story lines have overshadowed things in recent years, the boys are getting older both in real life and the age they're supposed to be on the show.  

Just please, please writers - don't screw with us; you have a ton of time to plan and execute this.  No ambiguous Angel endings that leave us questioning did they win or lose/live or die.  Don't kill everyone either; one or two maybe but not everyone.  Somewhere awhile back I did a how should it end dream post where the boys are retired and running things like Bobby used to, answering phones to cover for fake hunter credentials and doing research.  That might be a nice, easy way to go out and I have no idea where they're actually going to go with this but my suspicion is they'll leave it just open enough to allow for a couple TV movies somewhere down the line if the ratings and demand is there.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Good grief, half a day later and I’m still gutted.  I even had to flick past a song on my CD player cos it begins “I’m a big, big girl in a big, big world, it’s not a big thing if you leave me” and my inner child was crying “but it is!”  My logical brain is going ‘they have families and other projects they want to do’, my emotional brain’s feeling short changed given their relatively recent comments along the lines of there’s plenty of life in the show yet.  Doubt we’ll ever get to find out the real reasons why they pulled the plug.  I need a hug from someone who understands methinks.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

In my dreams, Kripe would come back to handle the final season. Or at least write and produce the final episode so that the boys get the send off that they deserve. He's the one who knows Sam and Dean best (as he created them) and he's got a personal interest in closing the show on a note that respects his characters and rewards the fans who've stuck by the show for so long.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Myrelle said:

What a fucking relief.

Sorry, not sorry.

At this point.

Right there with you.

I'm sad becasue the show has been part of my life for so long and really helped me through a rough patch, but its not the show I feel in love with.   Dabb took away everything that made it special.

In so many ways I feel like I've already said good bye to Dean since the writing for the show down hill.

I wonder when they made this decision.  Jensen was so excited a comic con at the prospect of playing Michael and that he'd be down for more seasons if the CW agreed to shorter ones. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ukgirl71 said:

I need a hug from someone who understands methinks.

Sending you hugs, UKGirl71.  I understand completely.  I want the J's to have time with their families, but I also want Sam and Dean to live on.  I want to see them every Thursday, lol.  Whether Dean Winchester was intended to be the kind of character he became, or he evolved over time due to Jensen's amazing acting, I don't know.  But I feel like I did when my best friend moved away in 7th grade. We wrote letters, kept in touch, but ultimately drifted apart. Jensen can, and should go on to do great things, but in my heart he will always be Dean Winchester, and I cannot articulate it any better than TessatheReaper

11 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

I can't think of a character who has ever come to life for me like Dean Winchester has, his complexity, his depth, his huge heart, his almost Promethean will, his humor, his pain.  He's the full package as a character. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

31 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Right there with you.

I'm sad becasue the show has been part of my life for so long and really helped me through a rough patch, but its not the show I feel in love with.   Dabb took away everything that made it special.

In so many ways I feel like I've already said good bye to Dean since the writing for the show down hill.

I wonder when they made this decision.  Jensen was so excited a comic con at the prospect of playing Michael and that he'd be down for more seasons if the CW agreed to shorter ones. 

I know what you mean, why I started walking away from the show a few years ago and then quit all together. I think it was on way, way too long. I mean 15 years? I mean as much as ABC wants to still invest in Grey's many fans who still watch it, say it's time to bring it all to an end.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

Right there with you.

I'm sad becasue the show has been part of my life for so long and really helped me through a rough patch, but its not the show I feel in love with.   Dabb took away everything that made it special.

In so many ways I feel like I've already said good bye to Dean since the writing for the show down hill.

I wonder when they made this decision.  Jensen was so excited a comic con at the prospect of playing Michael and that he'd be down for more seasons if the CW agreed to shorter ones. 

This was a rough year for Supernatural, the absolute worst. Everyone was excited at the start particularly Jensen. He talked about the show going on for a few more years by going to 20 eps and joked he would do 30 more years if they cut it down to 13. He was passionate and engaged.

Then Dabb happened. He wouldn’t answer Jensen’s questions and said the other characters finally got breathing room with Dean gone. Dean can’t even get any kills anymore, Sam and Jack are the only ones getting the hero moments. Nick and Kaia have gotten more kills....NICK AND KAIA. Finally, Dean is so unnecessary to the show now that he can be written out for Mardi Gras and birthdays. Why would Jensen want to stay around for that? Jensen has even thrown some shade back at Dabb at the conventions so I don’t think they were real happy with each other this year. Jensen always said he would stay until he dreaded going to work, this is the year that probably happened.

Its amazing but most of the posts I’ve seen on various message boards are the same, sad it’s going but it’s been around too long. I just pray someone steps in to stop Dabb from writing the series finale.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Lastcall said:

This was a rough year for Supernatural, the absolute worst. Everyone was excited at the start particularly Jensen. He talked about the show going on for a few more years by going to 20 eps and joked he would do 30 more years if they cut it down to 13. He was passionate and engaged.

Then Dabb happened. He wouldn’t answer Jensen’s questions and said the other characters finally got breathing room with Dean gone. Dean can’t even get any kills anymore, Sam and Jack are the only ones getting the hero moments. Nick and Kaia have gotten more kills....NICK AND KAIA. Finally, Dean is so unnecessary to the show now that he can be written out for Mardi Gras and birthdays. Why would Jensen want to stay around for that? Jensen has even thrown some shade back at Dabb at the conventions so I don’t think they were real happy with each other this year. Jensen always said he would stay until he dreaded going to work, this is the year that probably happened.

Its amazing but most of the posts I’ve seen on various message boards are the same, sad it’s going but it’s been around too long. I just pray someone steps in to stop Dabb from writing the series finale.

He was vocal about the way Purgatory and Demon Dean were handled.  It was no holds barred on the marionette fight.

  I'd be curious to his thoughts as to how he viewed the handling of the Michael storyline.

I had discussions with some friends of mine, about how things seemed a little different with Jensen after the Christmas break.  Him barely being scene on set.  He was the only one that didn't post a dad to character video, he seemed to be posting less on SM overall.  The lack of a tweet on the renewal, the one obligatory tweet about the 300th when everyone else was posting up a storm.  The cryptic posts from Jensen and Danneel on instagram (about it being their year, and unexpected treasures). 

Now, its more than likely possible none of that meant anything (he didn't post about the renewal last year either) but things felt different to me,  I wonder if these were signs.

The bolded bit, from your keyboard to Kripke's ears.  

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lastcall said:

This was a rough year for Supernatural, the absolute worst. Everyone was excited at the start particularly Jensen. He talked about the show going on for a few more years by going to 20 eps and joked he would do 30 more years if they cut it down to 13. He was passionate and engaged.

Then Dabb happened. He wouldn’t answer Jensen’s questions and said the other characters finally got breathing room with Dean gone. Dean can’t even get any kills anymore, Sam and Jack are the only ones getting the hero moments. Nick and Kaia have gotten more kills....NICK AND KAIA. Finally, Dean is so unnecessary to the show now that he can be written out for Mardi Gras and birthdays. Why would Jensen want to stay around for that? Jensen has even thrown some shade back at Dabb at the conventions so I don’t think they were real happy with each other this year. Jensen always said he would stay until he dreaded going to work, this is the year that probably happened.

Its amazing but most of the posts I’ve seen on various message boards are the same, sad it’s going but it’s been around too long. I just pray someone steps in to stop Dabb from writing the series finale.

Wouldn't you know, the same day the finale announcement comes out - having to compete with the Mueller report, no less - my laptop fan craps out! Aaaaarrrgggghhh! Finally got it back this morning, because this site does not load well on my tablet.

Like I said in one of the other threads where we're talking about this, I completely agree it's time - probably past time. And, yes, this season has been mostly poor, and there does appear to have been some kind of a seismic shift from before the season started to now. I do think the Js made the call, probably in conjunction with the CW/WB, and that call was very likely made before the holiday hiatus. When Pedowitz announced at the February TCAs that there might be a final season announcement made in May, but didn't say which series, I just knew he was talking about Supernatural. He doesn't normally hedge his bets or make cryptic pre-finale announcements - he just announces final seasons for this show, that show, etc. And even when the Arrow announcement came out, I was still convinced that wasn't the show he was referring to. I'm sure he intended to make a big deal out of Supernatural ending at the May upfronts, and a big deal will still be made. But the guys wanted to tell the crew personally before they went off for hiatus, and once that happened there was no keeping a lid on it until May, and everyone knew that. 

And I have no doubt they're still sad about it, even if they themselves wanted this, because it was so much of their lives for so long, just like it was so much a part of the fandom's lives. And even though I do think the show needed to end, I also knew I'd still be sad about losing these characters we've lived with week after week for coming up on 15 years. I will especially miss seeing new Dean Winchester on my tv screen every week, even though I vehemently believe the character is getting the short end of the stick most of the time now.

No, I'm not at all content with the idea of Dabb and Singer being in charge of the final season, or writing the finale itself. I'd like Kripke to come back for that final episode, even though I had issues with him toward the end of his reign, but he still has legal issues with the WB, so I'm not sure it's even possible.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

In my dreams, Kripe would come back to handle the final season. Or at least write and produce the final episode so that the boys get the send off that they deserve. He's the one who knows Sam and Dean best (as he created them) and he's got a personal interest in closing the show on a note that respects his characters and rewards the fans who've stuck by the show for so long.

For me, the dangers with Kripke coming back is that both characters have changed so much, that to bring them back to where they started, for me, doesn't work. And after Swan Song, I'm not sure I trust him unless he goes back to his original ending of the boys in the Cage together which I don't know about. Dabb wrote Dark Side if the Moon, so Heaven is possible, but I don't know if Sam, and Dean, especially, wants Memorex Heaven.

As for Castiel, I think bringing Kripke back would actually be good for Castiel who largely fared well under him and who is also Krpike's creation. I don't see a series finale without Cas or at least his fate would be revealed in the penultimate series episode.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

  I'd be curious to his thoughts as to how he viewed the handling of the Michael storyline.

I had discussions with some friends of mine, about how things seemed a little different with Jensen after the Christmas break.  Him barely being scene on set.  He was the only one that didn't post a dad to character video, he seemed to be posting less on SM overall.  The lack of a tweet on the renewal, the one obligatory tweet about the 300th when everyone else was posting up a storm.  The cryptic posts from Jensen and Danneel on instagram (about it being their year, and unexpected treasures). 

Christmas probably had enough episodes filmed for Jensen to realize he was caught in the same infinite loop crowley and Lucifer were stuck in (I’m in charge..no I’m in charge!). That was also around the time Dabb didn’t show for the 300 celebration.

It wasn’t just that, everything was off. The fandom seemed more divided than usual, they cut down on cons, the tree topper closed up shop, Berens went on Twitter to defend his writing and people at cons seemed more concerned about hair care and mental health then the show.

Just an overall sense that the shows time has passed.

  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

47 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Peace for them could be death. Like actual forever death. And I would be okay with it.

The Empty?  Lying around on the floor surrounded by dead angels for eternity?  I don't think so.  And Heaven is a Memorex rerun of your greatest moments--not bad if you don't know what it is, but they do.  Spread their atoms through the galaxy like Anna (?) threatened? 

Maybe Chuck can create another option solely for hunters and others who fall into a “gray area” (like Rowena) who (TBH) aren’t really Heaven material but have done too much good to go to hell.  A shared Hunter’s Paradise, with unlimited beer, burgers and pie, surrounded by monsters they can hunt whenever they get bored.  Dean can have his bar, Sam can have a white picket fence life, and they won’t have to worry about the other one being killed.  Anyone currently in Heaven (like Bobby and Ash) can choose where they want to be.😉  Maybe the spinoff can be the bunker on earth with new hunters who occasionally call Sam & Dean for help (I'm assuming Ash can rig up a "phone home" connection!)😁

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

The Empty?  Lying around on the floor surrounded by dead angels for eternity?  I don't think so.  And Heaven is a Memorex rerun of your greatest moments-

I don't think Billie will send them to the Empty at this point. I feel like the Empty Threat (heh) is now for Castiel. Of course, I think the Empty idea has evolved.  I don't think it was really for dead angels and demons when it was introduced. I think it was only when they "killed" Castiel and needed to find a way to bring him back, they decided to use the empty as the final resting place for angels and demons. 

I actually would be okay if the boys died and that was it. That we don't find out where they went. Of course, even if they did go to Heaven or Hell or the Empty there are ways to get them out.  They have enemies in all three realms, and enemies in Purgatory as well. 

At this point, I think the most peace they could have is to simple stop existing in any form at all. I would prefer their essences die with them and they only live on via the Winchester Gospels.  For me that would be the best way to end them. because they wouldn't be worried about anyone being able to make deals to get them out of wherever they go, or to be used by anyone, or coming back wrong in some way that makes them a threat to any universe. To me, they would be truly at peace then.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I don't think Billie will send them to the Empty at this point. I feel like the Empty Threat (heh) is now for Castiel. Of course, I think the Empty idea has evolved.  I don't think it was really for dead angels and demons when it was introduced. I think it was only when they "killed" Castiel and needed to find a way to bring him back, they decided to use the empty as the final resting place for angels and demons. 

I actually would be okay if the boys died and that was it. That we don't find out where they went. Of course, even if they did go to Heaven or Hell or the Empty there are ways to get them out.  They have enemies in all three realms, and enemies in Purgatory as well. 

At this point, I think the most peace they could have is to simple stop existing in any form at all. I would prefer their essences die with them and they only live on via the Winchester Gospels.  For me that would be the best way to end them. because they wouldn't be worried about anyone being able to make deals to get them out of wherever they go, or to be used by anyone, or coming back wrong in some way that makes them a threat to any universe. To me, they would be truly at peace then.

IA that the Empty changed drastically in the last few seasons.  When Billie first mentioned it, it seemed to be just a vast, empty space in the cosmos with nothing and no one else in it (thus, "Empty"!)  So how it became the graveyard of dead angels, I don't know.

I don't know any way now to have them just cease to be, unless Chuck takes them apart atom by atom. 

Personally, I like the idea of  Valhalla where all the warriors/hunters can enjoy themselves forever.  Maybe that's why Ash could never find John or (apparently) any of the Harvelles in heaven. And if no one knows it exists, they can't be retrieved against their will.   Win-Win! (Not that I expect these writers to do anything even vaguely interesting/logical.)

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lastcall said:

Christmas probably had enough episodes filmed for Jensen to realize he was caught in the same infinite loop crowley and Lucifer were stuck in (I’m in charge..no I’m in charge!). That was also around the time Dabb didn’t show for the 300 celebration.

It wasn’t just that, everything was off. The fandom seemed more divided than usual, they cut down on cons, the tree topper closed up shop, Berens went on Twitter to defend his writing and people at cons seemed more concerned about hair care and mental health then the show.

Just an overall sense that the shows time has passed.

Sorry for being dense, but who is the tree topper?

But with regards to post holiday, I felt that way myself, something has felt very different, I can't explain it, like Jensen was disassociating in some way, either by choice or due to other circumstances.  It felt really weird, because IMO, he's really kind of the heart of it, I mean both guys are but Jensen IMO has always been like the rock, this very steady, very strong presence, I feel like he's really always set the tone and somehow I don't know, I felt like you could just tell something had changed.  Something just felt...not right, not business as usual.

ETA as for endings - I don't know I don't really want them "dead dead". If people really aren't down for some sort of immortality, which is an idea I like then maybe a scenario where Chuck decided to actually stick by one of his creations and put things as right as they can be at present.  Remember when the show started Earth, Heaven, Hell were all very different places.  There wasn't a lot of crossover between them except after people died, demons were rare, so rare no one even knew that most of them used to be humans that was a huge reveal when Dean was going to Hell, he didn't know it at the time he made the deal, no one did.  No one knew much at all about angels, they too were very rare in terms of contact with humans that's, they weren't even believed to really exist.  Heck even vampires were rare. 

Maybe somehow things could go back to that way or close to it.  There would still be monsters to hunt, people to save but there would be no more constant threat from angels and demons constantly meddling in the affairs of earth and mostly Dean and Sam.  Sure you might get some demons who manage to get out of Hell and make crossroads deals or an angel who tries to meddle, as in "the old days" but it wouldn't basically be a free for all as it is now.  There would be rules in place and they would be followed.  And Dean and Sam wouldn't be in constant danger from them, which started out because Angels and Demons wanted to use them to fight their war.  

As for Castiel, maybe he could be "grandfathered" in so he could remain on earth for as long as he wanted or until Dean was dead(yes Dean, not because I'm some sort of shipper, but because they are the two with the "profound bond" and despite the affection for Sam that has grown, I like to think that Castiel's connection to Dean is the prime connection as it started).  I don't know what to do with Jack, probably they should stick him in heaven or make him choose between where he wants to go and have to abide by those rules - if he chooses being an angel, it's heaven for him, close the door.  If he chooses being a human(if they get that soul issue resolved), then he lives on earth as a human.

And this would allow plenty of the other characters to live as well, Rowena could still be alive(hey if Billie could be "wrong" about Dean's ending in the books then she can be wrong about Sam killing Rowena).  Since Crowley is gone, there really aren't any demons I'd like to see stick around and aside from Castiel, the angels can all go suck it.  Everyone else left is human or monster/witch.  So they wouldn't really be affected by the Heaven/Hell embargo.

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Based on what  Pedowitz said in an article I read after the announcement, he’s given up on the idea, saying the the brothers were really the reason it worked. So Dabb lost the mothership and appears to have also lost his spinoff goal. The Karma Fairy is a real b*!ch, isn’t she?

And he isn`t like Julie Plec who I think the network just handed another show because they have some faith in her. 

Now of course that is all worrying for the outcome of the final Season. Does he go scorched Earth out of spite?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, I did not see that one coming!

I started watching in 2008.  I remember catching Mystery Spot (Season 3, Episode 11) when it originally aired.  Every time Sammy woke up to Heat of the Moment playing on the radio, I couldn't stop myself from laughing ("Rise and shine, Sammy!").

Right there and then I was immediately hooked.  I went out, bought the DVDs, and started from the beginning.

Whatever the reason is behind concluding Supernatural, I'm thankful for all the years of entertainment the cast and crew has given us.  It was one hell of a ride.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Gotta say this came out of the blue for me as well as many others, they certainly had seemed in any of the con vids I watched intending to carry on for a while yet. I am not usually a conspiracy theorist sort of person but it does seem, certainly from the video, that Jensen is the least affected by this. It seemed to me that both Misha and Jared had been crying but Jensen seemed to almost be on a high – probably a slight exaggeration. I did think after Stephen Amell's video about leaving Arrow to spend more time with his family that the J's might start to think more about this themselves but it was more a fleeting thought I didn't really expect it. Both Jensen and Jared chose to live in Texas rather than have their families close whilst filming which always seemed to be to me rather odd, certainly whilst the children are so young, which must make seeing them very difficult with such a distance to get home.

I have mentioned before that I have not been so invested recently but I still watch every episode at least once and there have been a few this season that I have watched twice. I read a great deal of fanfic – shipping fics, general fics, porn fics etc etc and that has in a way taken over from the programme itself for me recently. However I now find that I am really very upset at it all ending, I can't see that the fanfiction would be relevant any more once the Js and Misha are no longer working together.

It is only the more recent seasons that I have not rewatched again and again, so I guess this will keep me going i.e. rewatching but I remember being “obsessed” with Angel and when it ended I didn't rewatch the videos again even though I had watched them numerous times when it was on – so maybe the same will happen with Supernatural and I will mothball all those DVDs!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Bittersweet for sure.  I only wish for each of them to leave with happy memories and to find joy in whatever comes next. Selfishly, I hope for Jensen that means another role in a great series, because I can't quite bear the idea of not seeing him on my TV every week for months of the year. 

 I think he is such a phenomenal actor and I really hope he continues even though he has a lot of side things going on like the brewery 

19 hours ago, 7kstar said:

Well, I think it is time and I'm not sure I'll be here for 15, depends on how this one finishes.  But I always want the show to end strongly.   Selfishly, I want to see Jensen do something new and not go behind the scenes.  Hopefully, the show will end strong.

 Yes! I need to see his gorgeous face and accomplished acting regularly.  Sad day. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ukgirl71 said:

Good grief, half a day later and I’m still gutted.  I even had to flick past a song on my CD player cos it begins “I’m a big, big girl in a big, big world, it’s not a big thing if you leave me” and my inner child was crying “but it is!”  My logical brain is going ‘they have families and other projects they want to do’, my emotional brain’s feeling short changed given their relatively recent comments along the lines of there’s plenty of life in the show yet.  Doubt we’ll ever get to find out the real reasons why they pulled the plug.  I need a hug from someone who understands methinks.

 Please accept this virtual hug! I need one too. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Icarus said:

Gotta say this came out of the blue for me as well as many others, they certainly had seemed in any of the con vids I watched intending to carry on for a while yet. I am not usually a conspiracy theorist sort of person but it does seem, certainly from the video, that Jensen is the least affected by this. It seemed to me that both Misha and Jared had been crying but Jensen seemed to almost be on a high – probably a slight exaggeration.

I think that's just their personalities. Jared and Misha are heart-on-their-sleeves types. while Jensen holds things closer to the vest and knows how to sell a professional face. I'm sure every year for the past 5 years they've all been 51/49 on staying. If there were better writing and interesting things for them to do as actors, that might put them over the edge to keep going yet again, but every year they came back always defied the odds to me. I was shocked when they agreed to do a 15th. I kinda figured they'd hang on for the 300th milestone and then let go.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tessathereaper said:

Sorry for being dense, but who is the tree topper?

Ibelieveinthelittletreetopper was a website run by the queen of supernatural spoilers. She was a super fan and the work she put in to the site was amazing. I heard a few rumors on why she stopped but the fact it closed was almost as surprising as the show ending.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I predict that it ends with the bunker being destroyed, and Dean closing the Impala's trunk and telling Sam 'We've got work to do.'  Just seems like a nice bookend, plus leaves the door open for a movie which both the J's have expressed interest in.

I hope that not only do they get somebody competent to run, write, direct and edit the last season, but also that the J's modify their contract so that for the last four episodes at least, the story can focus exclusively on the brothers.  They can't do that with them only working 3 days a week.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Icarus said:

Gotta say this came out of the blue for me as well as many others, they certainly had seemed in any of the con vids I watched intending to carry on for a while yet. I am not usually a conspiracy theorist sort of person but it does seem, certainly from the video, that Jensen is the least affected by this. It seemed to me that both Misha and Jared had been crying but Jensen seemed to almost be on a high – probably a slight exaggeration. I did think after Stephen Amell's video about leaving Arrow to spend more time with his family that the J's might start to think more about this themselves but it was more a fleeting thought I didn't really expect it. Both Jensen and Jared chose to live in Texas rather than have their families close whilst filming which always seemed to be to me rather odd, certainly whilst the children are so young, which must make seeing them very difficult with such a distance to get home.

I have mentioned before that I have not been so invested recently but I still watch every episode at least once and there have been a few this season that I have watched twice. I read a great deal of fanfic – shipping fics, general fics, porn fics etc etc and that has in a way taken over from the programme itself for me recently. However I now find that I am really very upset at it all ending, I can't see that the fanfiction would be relevant any more once the Js and Misha are no longer working together.

It is only the more recent seasons that I have not rewatched again and again, so I guess this will keep me going i.e. rewatching but I remember being “obsessed” with Angel and when it ended I didn't rewatch the videos again even though I had watched them numerous times when it was on – so maybe the same will happen with Supernatural and I will mothball all those DVDs!!

I disagree, it's obvious Jensen's eyes are red too.  Plus his body language(he's hugging his body, a method of self-comfort or self protection) and you can see from the end of the first video and the start of the second that Jensen stops at the end of the first and bites the top of his finger, which he is doing at the very start of the second video, that's because he's trying to keep from getting overly emotional.  I don't think I saw anything about him being almost "high" about it.  I saw someone who trying to keep it together so they didn't all desolve in a puddle while trying to make this announcement.

It's kind of funny it reminds of an old website where they did a blog post about how even when Dean's "cries ugly" (they were talking about Dean's hell revelation in Season 4), he still looks great.  And that was "ugly crying", in that scene Dean twisted up his face, his face got red, we know Jensen himself was genuinely getting quite upset because they talked about how he had to go "walk it off" for quite a while afterwards.  Don't take the fact that Jensen still looks put together to mean he's less affected, it's just how he looks. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
ohjoy

Please use this topic to discussion about your general speculation and thoughts on the upcoming end of the series only. Keep long discussions on other topics (overall show history, media/social media updates, Bitch vs. Jerk, etc.) to the appropriate other topic, as usual. Thank you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size