Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Aspyn's Royal Wedding

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Bunnyto4 said:

"I have friends who ask me, Kodi, don't you want to get control of these ladies"? First of all, this douche has friends? Second--there is no second. I can't take this guy anymore.

Yeah..... something is wrong with that statement.  We should fix it!!

"I have boot-licker fans of ANYONE who is on reality TV who ask me, Kodi, don't you want to get your ball hairs out of Robyn's clutches"?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

"I have boot-licker fans of ANYONE who is on reality TV who ask me, Kodi, don't you want to get your ball hairs out of Robyn's clutches"?

How about something like..........

"Kody, don't you want to get control of yourself before you try to control another's life? 

First, it's White Knight wannabe politician galloping off to Utah to right the perceived wrongs, then without explanation, you veer off course to the promised land in Flagstaff, where you purchase 4 individual lots, get the CCR rules tossed, so you can build one dwelling to house your harem. 

Get a grip man."

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Yep,  Kyanight-you fixed it for me! 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The first and only thing I've ever agreed with that the wives said--I absolutely HATE this stupid business of the newlyweds shoving cake in each other's faces. The cake cutting and feeding each other is such a beautiful tradition of m

mutual love and support, I can't understand why it's been turned into a joke.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Absolom said:

It's the marriage certificate that matters not the license.  You have to actually get married after getting a license to have a certificate.  🙂  

I know the Brown clowns are their own made-up religious sect, and the AUB probably doesn't do it because it could be used as evidence, but doesn't mainstream LDS keep records of temple sealings and perhaps issue certificates?  It would seem to me that a fambly gift of a fancy calligraphy "spiritual marriage" certificate would make a nice Welcome To The Fambly gift for the new side piece.  In addition to the "colada" ring.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Bunnyto4 said:

"I have friends who ask me, Kodi, don't you want to get control of these ladies"? First of all, this douche has friends? Second--there is no second. I can't take this guy anymore.

You don’t understand plural marriage, brother. 

Seriously, monogamist men all have total control of their ladies. Didn’t you know? 🤪

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

You don’t understand plural marriage, brother. 

Seriously, monogamist men all have total control of their ladies. Didn’t you know? 🤪

Hee hee. I have joked to both of my sisters that they need to learn how to "handle their men" better. I think it's just that I got lucky and mine can be reasoned with, as opposed to theirs (one current, one ex), who just kind of steamrolled over them on occasion. Un-uh, not happening on my watch buddy. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Full disclosure: I loathe Meri with the fire of a thousand suns.

Am I the only one who remembers when Meri was the legal wife and she had her marriage license framed and displayed ON THE WALL?!?!? Seems strange if it means nothing to you or your family. 

Does the Brown family really believe the lies that come out of their mouth or do they just think we are the dumbest viewers ever? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
24 minutes ago, FreemefromTV said:

Full disclosure: I loathe Meri with the fire of a thousand suns.

Am I the only one who remembers when Meri was the legal wife and she had her marriage license framed and displayed ON THE WALL?!?!? Seems strange if it means nothing to you or your family. 

Does the Brown family really believe the lies that come out of their mouth or do they just think we are the dumbest viewers ever? 

I had TOTALLY forgotten about that!  I will ALWAYS blame Kody and Robyn for the catfishing bullcrap.  YES Meri did that completely on her own - no one forced her!  But they broke her heart and I believe she was just aching for someone to love her.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, mytmo said:

Aspyn's hair and makeup was beautiful.  The dress did her no favors though.  I could not get past Meri's Sherwin Williams gray eyebrows and bronze nightmare eyeshadow.  Meri's dress was so inappropriate for a wedding and the hideous 1989 patterned fabric!  Christine looked elegant and tasteful.  Hannah dressed for a party; any party; just not for her son's wedding.  Janelle I kinda give a pass.  It is hard to dress formally for an apple shaped figure.  She should've not chosen a shiny fabric though as it works like a big lighted arrow pointing to all her problem spots.  I do not remember Robyn's dress and apparently she never heard of hat pins to secure her hat.  For all the ladies formal wear is usually like swimwear where you should go up a size.

I don't think Meri's dress was that bad.  The shoes and hat ruined it and the awful makeup.   None of them look good in their hats.  Some people just can't wear them, me included.  The color of Christine's dress didn't look good on her, otherwise it looks okay.  Robyn's looked okay.  Janelles?  Well I don't know what to say.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

I had TOTALLY forgotten about that!  I will ALWAYS blame Kody and Robyn for the catfishing bullcrap.  YES Meri did that completely on her own - no one forced her!  But they broke her heart and I believe she was just aching for someone to love her

I'm pathetic. I have just watched random episodes from seasons 1-9 and focused on the evolution of Meri.

It's tough to watch through but Meri had been begging for his attention and approval since season 3. And then when he told her "no" - about having a baby with her - that was it. She never recovered. And then after the divorce, he said he was proud of her but never did anything to reaffirm their marriage. She felt defeated. She felt rejected. 

He despises her sour puss and selfish behavior -- but to a large degree- he created it.

As much as I don't like her victim attitude - I feel bad for her.

Now, glad to see her rise up and take whats hers.

• Love 13

I finally got to finish watching the episode. I downloaded it before I left on a long business trip and was intending to watch it on the plane, but I just couldn’t do it. If a coworker sees you watching this crap, how do you come back from that?  

Anyway, some random thoughts:

• That venue was stunning.  Way better than her sisters choices. Especially the taco time wedding. 
  • I think Aspyns giggling was just nerves. She clearly was uncomfortable being the center of attention. I get it, I was the same way when I got married.  
  • This episode made me like Mitch a lot more. For the first time he really seemed in love. I hope they’re happy.
  • Kody was such an ass. That day was not about you, dill hole. And dancing before the bride and groom?  Really?
Edited by Kbo
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15

Even though Kody has other wives, the demise of Meri and Kody’s relationship is all on Meri and Kody. Had their marriage been sound I doubt there would have been a divorce. Nor would Meri have felt the need to look elsewhere for affection and love. They both failed. 

Kody is such an attention whore- even at his daughter’s wedding....

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Even though Kody has other wives, the demise of Meri and Kody’s relationship is all on Meri and Kody. Had their marriage been sound I doubt there would have been a divorce. Nor would Meri have felt the need to look elsewhere for affection and love. They both failed. 

Kody is such an attention whore- even at his daughter’s wedding....

I KNOW there would have been a divorce, regardless.  Robyn wanted Kody to adopt her kids AND she wanted to be the legal wife.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Had Meri stayed emotionally close to Kody then Robyn may not have been able to manipulate Kody as much. 

I think that was hard to do after Kody told Meri he didn't want to have any more kids with her--he didn't want to try IVF treatments and he didn't want to use a surrogate--nothing. Basically he told her he was done with her years ago. The reason he "had"  to marry Robyn and to adopt her kids was, in my opinion, primarily financial--all 3 of Robyn's kids plus their two together (Sol and Ariella) are tax deductions for many years to come--whereas his only other "legal" child, Mariah, is no longer a tax deduction.

• Love 10

Wasn’t it Meri that wasn’t sure she wanted to continue trying for a baby? When she remained on the fence about the issue then Kody decided for them both. Regardless- their marriage seems like it was rocky for a long time. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Wasn’t it Meri that wasn’t sure she wanted to continue trying for a baby? When she remained on the fence about the issue then Kody decided for them both. Regardless- their marriage seems like it was rocky for a long time. 

IIRC, she wasn't sure for a long time.  Then when Robyn came into the fambly, Meri realized that she was a big enough threat that Meri needed to have another baby (since Robyn had already proven she could perform that service for Kody).  So she told Kody she had decided that she DID want to pursue IVF, and Kody said, "Let's go with 'no' for now."  IMO, it looked like a bullet went through her heart at that moment, because she realized that he really did no longer care about her feelings. 

When Robyn offered to be a surrogate right after Sol was born, I don't think Meri could stand to have it rubbed in her face that Robyn could still have Kody's children (even if a surrogate baby would be half Meri's), but that Meri would even have to share THAT experience with the new favored wife.  

It's all been downhill for the Kody/Meri relationship since then.

• Love 13

Meri told Kootie in an early episode (when they went to Mexico for their 20th anniversary) that she didn't see the point in doing IVF.  I don't know why the subject came up again, but Meri kept saying she wasn't sure about trying for another baby.  By the time she had decided maybe, Kootie had Robyn, and he wasn't into Meri anymore, so he said no.  IIRC, he said it wasn't burning in his man-bosom, or some such thing, to have another kid with Meri.  Then he went on to have another kid with Reigning Robyn.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Meri told Kootie in an early episode (when they went to Mexico for their 20th anniversary) that she didn't see the point in doing IVF.  I don't know why the subject came up again,

STORY LINE! Producers could see a big, fat, juicy story line where Meri thinks about kids again and Kody crushes her "dream". Meri and Kody had 15+ years to have another child, and Meri did have a miscarriage just before the show started. I thought the pain Meri was displaying was having to play through a scenario that was painful for her, but she knew it was needed for the show. Same with the Divorce Episodes.

• Love 7
On 3/20/2019 at 4:55 PM, Absolom said:

It's the marriage certificate that matters not the license.  You have to actually get married after getting a license to have a certificate.  🙂  

Yes I understand that... My point was I think Robyn would be more than happy if Christine printed out something... Robyn would probably say it was more important etc etc than an actual legal marriage certificate.

I wish someone would suggest that each wife have a chance to be the LEGAL WIFE and see how Robyn reacts.

Robyn always insists that legal wife means nothing but I bet she'd quickly come up with some excuse if called on her BS 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

IIRC, he said it wasn't burning in his man-bosom, or some such thing, to have another kid with Meri.  Then he went on to have another kid with Reigning Robyn.  

Maybe he was worried that they'd have another psycho like Mariah. 😲

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

Proper kilt wear-

They must of got theirs from Billy Bobs Desert Kilts and Camel rides

kody1.jpg

All I could see when Kody showed up in his “mini-kilt” was how some Catholic school girls would roll their waistbands over and over to shorten their school uniform skirts 😆 

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
On 3/21/2019 at 12:03 PM, Bunnyto4 said:

The first and only thing I've ever agreed with that the wives said--I absolutely HATE this stupid business of the newlyweds shoving cake in each other's faces. The cake cutting and feeding each other is such a beautiful tradition of m

mutual love and support, I can't understand why it's been turned into a joke.

I completely agree.   I told my husband that we were NOT going to do this as I found it disgusting.   He was like, "aw man!" I stood my ground.   I hate to see people do that. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

STORY LINE! Producers could see a big, fat, juicy story line where Meri thinks about kids again and Kody crushes her "dream". Meri and Kody had 15+ years to have another child, and Meri did have a miscarriage just before the show started. I thought the pain Meri was displaying was having to play through a scenario that was painful for her, but she knew it was needed for the show. Same with the Divorce Episodes.

Meri didn't have 15 years to have another child. IVF is extremely expensive and time consuming. Before the show came along there was no way it was even an option. It came up again because this was the first time she was not working AND it was financially feasible.

When the topic presented itself, she correctly had very mixed feelings given her age and stage in life. But when Kody said no - that was a dagger. She needed him to say yes - even if they didn't actually pursue it. 

To be honest I don't think she would have gone through with it - but she needed him to say yes nevertheless.

• Love 12

All I could see when Kody showed up in his “mini-kilt” was how some Catholic school girls would roll their waistbands over and over to shorten their school uniform skirts 😆 

We used to staple ours. Bubble gum worked too.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Tielsmomma said:

I completely agree.   I told my husband that we were NOT going to do this as I found it disgusting.   He was like, "aw man!" I stood my ground.   I hate to see people do that. 

Yes. It's meant to be a symbol of feeding and nurturing each other for the rest of your lives. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Tielsmomma said:

We didn't even have a cake-cutting at our wedding. I'm not big on all that traditional stuff, and my husband didn't care either way. No garter or bouquet toss either. 

• Love 5
On 3/20/2019 at 11:23 AM, Adiba said:

Yeah in these close knit Polyg communities, the family tree is more like a wreath.

Janelle, who was Meri's sister-in-law and Kody's step-sister (her mom married Winn, Kody's dad), divorced her husband (Meri's brother) and married Kody. I also heard that somehow Christine and Kody are second cousins. 

So I guess if Kody were to marry Hannah (not that it would happen in reality, I agree)--it probably wouldn't seem so strange to them or their community.

Yes,Kody and Christine are cousins through William Moore Allred and Orissa Angela Bates. From a post on the now defunct PoliticsPrinciple blog, it sounds like Kody and Christine also might be related through David Preston Jessop, Sr. So they might be double-cousins.

David Jessop is simultaneously first and second cousin to Christine -first cousin through Christine’s father Rex Allred, a half-brother of David’s mother Mary Diane Allred; second  cousin through Christine’s ste-pgrandmother Ethel Jessop, a sister of David’s father Louis LaMar Jessop

David Jessop is also a third cousin of Kody. I'm not sure whom through though.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Kbo said:
  • This episode made me like Mitch a lot more. For the first time he really seemed in love. I hope they’re happy.

As I said earlier upthread, I think he looked so in love on the day of the wedding, because he knew what kind of loving he'd be finally getting in a few more hours!

On 3/20/2019 at 10:35 AM, Sandy W said:

I think she will be a great MIL to Aspyn and a caring, fun-filled grandma to future grandbabies.

Yes to the great MIL, but potentially a disaster grandma that takes the "fun-filled" too far into disrespectful of the parents' wishes.

On 3/20/2019 at 9:52 AM, Rabbit Hutch said:

Ya know, I keep going back and forth on Hannah. I like her spunk and high individualism. Yet, she was (in my opinion) dressed inappropriately for that type of wedding.  Was she rubbing the SWs nose in the fact that she could dress sexy and they couldn't, or was it an attempt to upstage the bride? I think she looked nice for a night of clubbing, but maybe not so much for the "mother of the groom" role.

On 3/20/2019 at 10:35 AM, Sandy W said:

I don't think she was trying to rub noses or upstage anyone, this is just who she is and it probably didn't occur to her to dress down to conform to anyone else's image of what may be appropriate.

On 3/20/2019 at 10:45 AM, Rabbit Hutch said:

Yeah, have to agree, she's not a fan of the SWs; not that I blame her. However, I believe that, as she was walking down the aisle when the ceremony began, the side slit on her dress was so high that I spotted a portion of undergarment, but that may have been the lighting.  If so, that would just take away from the look she was trying so desperately to create.

Great wording!  I think that Hannah's personality is very wrapped up in how she portrays herself.   This may sound odd, but I think that she has been complimented on certain aspects of herself, and has really gone with that.  It reminds me of what I have encountered in two different gym locker rooms, which is women singing in the shower, very loudly, and sort of opera-ish songs.  I think that once or twice someone complimented them on their voice when they were doing that, and so now they genuinely think that other people are captivated and enthralled by it.  That's what I think about Hannah.  I think she knows darn well that her dress, and her CFM heels, were inappropriate.  But she knew that she would be walking down the aisle, and for that brief instance would have all eyes on her.  And since she's a pretty good dancer, she knew that all eyes would be on her then as well.  So she wanted to dress in a way that shows what people have complimented her on before, almost as though it was something she did for other people because in her view they will all be captivated/enthralled by it. 

On 3/20/2019 at 12:59 PM, Gothish520 said:

It's ok for Robyn to wonder and maybe even feel a little sorry for Hannah, just as it's ok to think that Hannah has it made. 

Sure, but you also have to pay attention to what people choose to say.  IIRC the other 3 SWs had positive things to say about Hannah's life, from what they'd seen.  Robyn had seen nothing to indicate that Hannah was lonely, but she chose to go there, out loud.  I think that for Robyn's demographic, she wants to be perceived as the cool, fun one, and clearly she could not 'compete' with Hannah.  So instead, she found a way to knock down the perception of Hannah in the SW's eyes.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, kimaken said:

The reason he "had"  to marry Robyn and to adopt her kids was, in my opinion, primarily financial--all 3 of Robyn's kids plus their two together (Sol and Ariella) are tax deductions for many years to come--whereas his only other "legal" child, Mariah, is no longer a tax deduction.

Bit if it was for money, why didn't he divorce Meri to marry Janelle or Christine years ago, when either had lots of little tax deductions?  Can he claim Robyn's three oldest if he didn't adopt them?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Fosca said:

Bit if it was for money, why didn't he divorce Meri to marry Janelle or Christine years ago, when either had lots of little tax deductions?  Can he claim Robyn's three oldest if he didn't adopt them?

I think so, as long as he can provide their SSNs and no one else claims them. I think this can be done by grandparents raising grandchildren or someone who provides a certain percentage of support to a family member or even a friend, if no one else claims them as a deduction. And I think it matters whether or not the person being claimed receives government assistance directly (Medicare/SSI/SSDI/AFDC) rather than the caregiver receiving it on their behalf. And how much is provided by the government, in relation to what it costs to maintain them. Because otherwise it's double-dipping? 

OK, that was clear as mud. I hope someone here knows more about it and will tell us.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, AZChristian said:

IIRC, she wasn't sure for a long time.  Then when Robyn came into the fambly, Meri realized that she was a big enough threat that Meri needed to have another baby (since Robyn had already proven she could perform that service for Kody).  So she told Kody she had decided that she DID want to pursue IVF, and Kody said, "Let's go with 'no' for now."  IMO, it looked like a bullet went through her heart at that moment, because she realized that he really did no longer care about her feelings. 

When Robyn offered to be a surrogate right after Sol was born, I don't think Meri could stand to have it rubbed in her face that Robyn could still have Kody's children (even if a surrogate baby would be half Meri's), but that Meri would even have to share THAT experience with the new favored wife.  

It's all been downhill for the Kody/Meri relationship since then.

Both Kody and Meri have said they were having problems before the show was in the plans.  Meri also never was going to have another child.  By the time the show came around Mariah was in high school.  Then again who knows.  But doubtful.  I think she enjoys the freedom that LLN has given her

• Love 6

Was just laughing over the live chat comments about Kody posing in his kilt. You know he’s imagining himself as a Highlander on the cover of a romance novel 😂. Here’s how it’s done, Kody:

B51CE8FA-5653-4817-AD9F-51106198189F.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Kbo said:

Was just laughing over the live chat comments about Kody posing in his kilt. You know he’s imagining himself as a Highlander on the cover of a romance novel 😂. Here’s how it’s done, Kody:

Yes, much better than Kodouche's "manspreading."

Ugh...need Brain Bleach...

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Kbo said:

This doesn't do it for me. That kilt is blah and he's too pouty and pretty. I seriously take Mitch any day over this dandy.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Gothish520 said:

This doesn't do it for me. That kilt is blah and he's too pouty and pretty. I seriously take Mitch any day over this dandy.

Have you seen the show?  He's no dandy!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 3/18/2019 at 11:04 AM, LuvMyShows said:

Not only was the dress awful in terms of fit, but the slit and decolletage screamed "look at me", when the dress focus should have been on Aspyn.  I don't think the dress would have been appropriate at a wedding for any size/age woman.  And don't forget her red CFM heels.

It was so totally inappropriately glorious in its Kody-ishness.  Also at the reception, if I heard correctly, he said, "I'm sorry to say that we are sharing with you the wedding of the year."  Huh?

But apparently Aspyn has the same problem, because in talking about the drive to the wedding, she said something like, "I was excited in the car, but now I'm delegating a little bit"....I really tried, but I could not figure out what she was trying to convey.

Amen to this.  Every 'fancy' dress I have ever seen them wear is so insanely unflattering, and for some reason, Christine's are the most disastrous, aging her at least 15 years in their frumpiness.

Yep.  Just look at their interview on the couch, as Aspyn's hand was on his leg, but his arm/hand were on the back of the couch behind her.  The only time I saw him do anything that showed close to her level of ardor/intent, was immediately after they were pronounced husband and wife, and his kisses looked more intense...but I am certain that it's because he was anticipating what would be happening in a few hours! 

This was, and continues to be, so confusing to me.  Edgy to me would be very geometric or something, or abstract.  Nothing about Meri's wardrobe, house, hairstyle, or career choice are anywhere's near edgy.

Her behavior, while certainly affected by nervousness somewhat, struck me as so very, very immature in how she was speaking about Mitch.  It sounded like a schoolgirl with a crush on a boy who she was thrilled to have notice her.  That does not seem like a good foundation for a marriage.

Agree. Aspyn is actually  one of my faves but she drove me bonkers this episode. Its almost like she suddenly morphed into her mother once she found a man. Submissive, giggly, clueless...juvenile. There's that " keeping sweet mentality on full display. Also agree that he isn't as into her as she is him, and it saddens me that she's basically grown up watching her mother begging for crumbs and thinks that's normal or acceptable in a relationship. 

Not to be rude (k maybe just a bit😈) but the groom is no dapper Dan in my books. He's the trifecta of things that make my she-she like the Sahara:

1. Rotund

2. Hutterite beard with side order of head-fat you could hide a pork chop in.

3. Ginger.

Poor Aspyn/ Christine v2 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Kbo said:

Jamie Fraser, the quintessential Scots warrior.  A real man.

Kody is a total joke, buffoon, and idiot in comparison.

• Love 15
On 3/18/2019 at 5:21 PM, suomi said:

Which person does not "belong" in this photo? Which mother is not wearing solid green or solid blue to complement the colors in the two kilts? Which mother's dress is fighting the intended image? Which mother ruined the theme of this family photo?

Butttttt alsoooooo.........which mother was smart enough to squeeze into the spot between the 2 heftiest people in the picture???

#edgy

• LOL 9
16 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Yes,Kody and Christine are cousins through William Moore Allred and Orissa Angela Bates. From a post on the now defunct PoliticsPrinciple blog, it sounds like Kody and Christine also might be related through David Preston Jessop, Sr. So they might be double-cousins.

David Jessop is simultaneously first and second cousin to Christine -first cousin through Christine’s father Rex Allred, a half-brother of David’s mother Mary Diane Allred; second  cousin through Christine’s ste-pgrandmother Ethel Jessop, a sister of David’s father Louis LaMar Jessop

Tell me you made that name up....seriously.

I spit coffee at least 6 feet reading that. 

• LOL 7
On 3/22/2019 at 5:27 PM, giaNtsandYankees said:

Here are some "receipts" to prove the Kody-Christine  family dynamic. Below are the trees of Kody's mother Genielle Tew Brown and Christine's father Rex Allred. You'll see where their lineages intersect at William Moore Allred and Orissa Angela Bates.

I'm still trying to find Kody's familial ties to the Jessop clan.

Edited to add: I realize the quality might be a tad poor. Sorry guys.

image.thumb.png.ae71b31611543b84e64324460fba3592.png

image.thumb.png.fe6ea01b7694055c9f32df3098b775d0.png

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

Folks, we removed a bunch of off-topic discussion of a book series that has nothing to do with Sister Wives :. Please feel free to take any further discussion of that topic to Small Talk! 

• Love 5