Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: Divided We Move

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Interesting this mansion Meri is living in.  I would say Sister Wives is bringing in a lot of income to afford homes like this.  I'm curious how much this house would cost at market price?

I think all of them make a whole lot more money than we realize.  Like it or not tv reality stars make lots of cash. 

Meri would never settle for a smaller home.  Never.  Remember how they wanted her to build a much smaller home in Las Vegas and she refused. 

I thought so too, about the LV house (with the WET BAR) but it was explained to me on this forum that the homeowner's association in the cult-de-sac required a certain number of bedrooms per house, and I seem to recall that it was four bedrooms minimum.)  

Yeah, I've read that reality shows don't pay huge $ to their "stars."  I can't even guess what the Browns get from TLC.  But it's like a pro-athlete.  One can't expect to have decent ratings and a job, forever.  Limited shelf life.  Frugal is not a four-letter word.

• Love 4

I mean they could have brought a 10 acre lot and put up 4 moderate size homes based on what the needs were, I am still in awe wtf Meri needs a 4 bedroom house plus that place looks huge.. a 2 bedroom plus office would have worked, hell those crappy cloths dont deserve any space after the way they treat Meri when she wears them, who wants to wear cloths that gives you arms like a TRex when you try and close the fronts ?

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Interesting, at the time Brady Williams "only" had three wives.  But before their show, he "felt called" to take two more wives?  

I always wondered what "feeling called" feels like. or do guys just wake up after nocturnal emissions and think that was God telling them to take more wives.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

Oh my god. Get a small rental and save the money! At least when you buy you have your money in real estate. This shit is money down the drain! But maybe Meri is helping pay her own way with her T-Rex line (thanks for that!). 

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • Love 10

Being lazy - who can tell me If Christine intends to stay in the house she purchased in Flagstaff? 

The others are renting (crazy expensive houses) and planning to build. Is Christine not doing that?

• Love 4

So I'm thinking of other reality shows and I'm sure the Brown's are reeling it in.  Look at the Kardashian s, little people big world, Kate plus eight,  little couple.  They are all living high on the hog!

The Brown's are entertaining us with weddings and their moves.  Along with kody  and his hair.  The family is not all that attractive but most of us are interested in the life style that carries the show!

They have survived several seasons.  Watch the commercials.  That always gives you a look at the popularity of a show!

Heck Deal of no deal is paying $1,000,000 for one hour!!!

There's good in dem der hills!  Lol

• Love 2
12 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think Janelle looks thin in their wedding pics. Christine was the only over weight wife when he married her, and his other two wives were still thin at that time.  Christine has also said she’s currently the thinnest she’s ever been. 

I think Christine is beautiful, but she’s grown into that beauty. Young Christine - not so much.  But he should have kept those thoughts to himself. 

Guess I don’t consider this thin although certainly thinner than now

3B9FA47F-E7CC-486D-A0F0-7E960D1307B7.jpeg.3e3ae0d92e5278ab396fb4c833645812.jpeg

but yes thinner than Christine. At the time Meri was the only one I considered thin but thought Janelle was the prettiest back then. Although that horrible dress does nothing for Christine.

on a side note: what the fuck happened to Kody’s hair?

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

IIRC, Christine's mom Annie made her wedding dress but was not invited to the wedding because she had rejected polygamy at that point.  They have come a long way now, considering that Annie is living with Christine, I guess she has learned to keep her opinions to herself.  I had hoped that Annie may have had a more positive influence on Christine, but if anything, Christine is more enthralled with Kody than ever.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Guess I don’t consider this thinner although certainly thinner than now

but yes thinner than Christine. At the time Meri was the only one I considered thin but thought Janelle was the prettiest back then. Although that horrible dress does nothing for Christine.

I just recently re-watched season 1 which included Christine throwing a hissy fit about Kootie being excited about and helping choose Robyn's wedding gown... then keeping it a secret from the other wives who "thought" they had helped Robyn pick her dress.

Christine literally snarled at Kootie and basically shouted "YOU DIDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT MY WEDDING DRESS OR WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE!!"  then she yanked off her microphone and stormed out of the interview.

Now after seeing FAT Christine and that god awful dress it makes sense.   😂

• Love 1

Listen...

Regarding the eleventy-seven properties, Kodouche is just tryin’ to keep up with the Jones’. Because, hello?! He’s a plyg TV STAR.

Money or not, they ain’t ever gonna build their Prairie Dog Plague Palaces. Sobyn & Wet Bar have it made with their rentals and ain’t no way they’re gonna let them go. Christine’s done bought hers. And Janelle? Well. We all know she’s strifing...

Aaaand, that’s all folks!!

Unless of course, ya’ll wanna tune in next year for the endless avocado toast & coffee bar weddingk! And even more Meri fillings/eye booger pickin’ about every last un-damn-fair moment. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Nessa Darlin said:

Listen...

Regarding the eleventy-seven properties, Kodouche is just tryin’ to keep up with the Jones’. Because, hello?! He’s a plyg TV STAR.

Money or not, they ain’t ever gonna build their Prairie Dog Plague Palaces. Sobyn & Wet Bar have it made with their rentals and ain’t no way they’re gonna let them go. Christine’s done bought hers. And Janelle? Well. We all know she’s strifing...

Aaaand, that’s all folks!!

Unless of course, ya’ll wanna tune in next year for the endless avocado toast & coffee bar weddingk! And even more Meri fillings/eye booger pickin’ about every last un-damn-fair moment. 

This is how it looks to me, too, unless they can manage to invent another crisis or dig up another wife or they all gang up on Kody and give him a buzz cut.  They sure don’t seem to be living like people who are planning to build four houses in the near future. 

I’d sure love to know why Christine BOUGHT her house. Maybe they plan to turn it into a rental after they (don’t) move to Plagueville. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 6

Hearing Kody say they can't build until they sell and knowing how long ago that was and that only one house has sold by now, Magic 8 Ball says You Better Fucking Get On This

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Plagueville, love it.  Goes with Plygville.

18 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

His financial chickens are coming home to roost and I'm loving it.  I'm mean.

I'm mean as well.  Brown Clown financing is no way to live.

• Love 7
Just now, xwordfanatik said:

I'm mean as well.  Brown Clown financing is no way to live.

Count me among the Mean Girls.  It's bad enough that they live that way but they justify it and teach it to their spawn as a legitimate way to live. 

All because they are "persecuted".

• Love 7
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

It could be only my interpretation but I got the impression that Gabe was saying that Savanah was choosing to sit inside all day, not that she had to.  Basically he was saying I go out she could too if she wanted.  No one has specified that Savanah CAN'T go out, just that she doesn't.  I really think Janelle was simply laying on the guilt - "Think how much better this move will be for your sister" so Gabe would feel like he was a horrible brother by not wanting to move. 

As Savannah is still a child, she is dependent on her sluggish mother to take her places. Gabriel has the freedom of being a driving teenager.  As I said, I am on Gabe’s side.  But his comment seemed like a swipe at his housebound sister, while he’s a popular varsity player who’s always hanging with a large group of friends.  

It kind of reminded me that Janelle’s kids give her the hardest time as compared to the other mothers.  Maddie had a melt down five minutes in Las Vegas that apparently lasted months, Hunter became monosyllabic and hid in his room, and now Gabe. My theory is they had the most freedom in Utah because Janelle was gone from before they woke up until after dinner. They did as they pleased.  I think Logan really shielded his siblings from the responsibility he bore alone.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

As Savannah is still a child, she is dependent on her sluggish mother to take her places. Gabriel has the freedom of being a driving teenager.  As I said, I am on Gabe’s side.  But his comment seemed like a swipe at his housebound sister, while he’s a popular varsity player who’s always hanging with a large group of friends.  

Agree to disagree.  Gabe has not always been a driving teenager (if he has 2 more years of high school left he can't really have been driving for much more than a year - if that long.)  He made sure he did not spend the last 5 years housebound.  He's saying he got involved in things and it's not his responsibility to make sure his sister is getting out of the house.  This is all on Janelle.  If her daughter is sitting around inside all the time that is on her - not Gabe.  I'm also sure that someone in the other houses is always going somewhere so they could drop Savannah off if she needed to go somewhere.  She is choosing to take after her mother and her mother is allowing it.

• Love 21
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

""The neighbors are sympathetic to plural families, which is extremely nice."" I think I find it most interesting that the Lehi house has three kitchens (Janelle's is 800 sq. ft!!!!) and yet is still listed as a single family home.  In most areas that I have lived in there are guidelines and ordinances within the building codes and zoning laws as to what defines a "single family home".  So if they are so against livin' the Principle I would think that the powers that be would have written it into the laws and codes to prevent homes like this from being built.

And...wow...the neighbors don't seem fussed by polygamists.  I guess you don't need a conservative state with a liberal town to settle a bunch of polygamists after all!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Putting this here, because this is where I was when I read this !

http://mobile.nytimes.com/1997/12/11/garden/a-house-10-wives-polygamy-in-suburbia.html

Polygamy remains a felony in Utah, but it is no longer prosecuted, said Eric A. Ludlow, the Washington County Attorney, in southern Utah where a number of plural families live. Polygamists, he said, get around bigamy statutes by legally marrying only one wife; the others are recognized by religious leaders, or simply by the individuals themselves. ''They go under the table, and we don't track it,'' Mr. Ludlow said. ''It's a consensual relationship between adults.''

Increasingly, plural families find themselves entering the mainstream, and with it, the middle class. ''Our parents had a harder time,'' said Mr. Baker, a successful builder who works on construction jobs all over the state. ''No one would hire them. Now, people don't care about your personal life. They don't ask. How do you lock up a guy for having two wives when Wilt Chamberlain talks about sleeping with thousands of women? We feel tolerated now for the first time.''

How fascinating that this article is dated 1997

Edited by Roslyn
...to bold
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

It could be only my interpretation but I got the impression that Gabe was saying that Savanah was choosing to sit inside all day, not that she had to.  Basically he was saying I go out she could too if she wanted.  No one has specified that Savanah CAN'T go out, just that she doesn't.  I really think Janelle was simply laying on the guilt - "Think how much better this move will be for your sister" so Gabe would feel like he was a horrible brother by not wanting to move. 

I have a feeling Savannah is similar to Janelle and stays inside regardless of weather and it isn't Gabe's responsibility. I can picture my sisters having the same reaction had my parents tried to guilt them about something lame.  It isn't as though Savannah has a health issue that says she cannot be in the sunlight or heat negatively affects her.  She is saying she hopes Savannah  goes outside for once and that trumps Gabe being a leader in his sport and getting scholarships.  No I would say Gabe and his future is worth more.  If mom and dad aren't paying for school he is doing his part in getting it paid for.  But I guess he can fish in a drainage pond and play with plague dirt. 

Flash forward 10 years and these kids will only come visit when they have to.  They love their parents but they will prioritize them as much as their parents prioritized the kids.  Not much at all.  Except Sol and ArieMay or whatever the fuck her name is.  I can picture Truley saying Sayonara Mother Fucker to her dad once she can.

• Love 13
34 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I have a feeling Savannah is similar to Janelle and stays inside regardless of weather and it isn't Gabe's responsibility. I can picture my sisters having the same reaction had my parents tried to guilt them about something lame.  It isn't as though Savannah has a health issue that says she cannot be in the sunlight or heat negatively affects her.  She is saying she hopes Savannah  goes outside for once and that trumps Gabe being a leader in his sport and getting scholarships.  No I would say Gabe and his future is worth more.  If mom and dad aren't paying for school he is doing his part in getting it paid for.  But I guess he can fish in a drainage pond and play with plague dirt. 

Thank you for clarifying what I was trying to say.  And you are right - Janelle was not saying that Savannah was really looking forward to all the outdoor activities she could do in Flagstaff - she's just hoping to get Savannah out of her room!

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Guess I don’t consider this thin although certainly thinner than now

on a side note: what the fuck happened to Kody’s hair?

Kody has his hand in his pocket it the photo with Christine.    I think Janelle looks the best on her wedding day.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, lma said:

They all look like beautiful homes, but wow! The difference in Janelle’s rental vs Meri’s and Robyn’s. These folks don’t even pretend to be fair to each other. 

Honest question - do y’all think the Browns are really that dumb to pay such exorbitant prices on rentals, land, mortgages? Or are they just hiding the fact that they are actually loaded? It’s so hard for me to believe that real live people can be so dumb.*

*I’m kinda old but not that old so maybe I just haven’t lived long enough. 😂

This is just a guess but judging by their worn out horrible furniture... they aren't loaded

If they were loaded I think they'd have new everything and probably a maid service to clean their filthy houses.

kootie loves fancy sport cars and he'd be driving a Lamborghini or at least a BMW if he could afford one.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, lma said:

They all look like beautiful homes, but wow! The difference in Janelle’s rental vs Meri’s and Robyn’s. These folks don’t even pretend to be fair to each other. 

In the article someone posted about Lulano (it could be in the other thread but I'm feeling very Janelle-y today and can't possibly use my fingers enough to look for it) it said that consultants are basically told to flaunt their wealth.  This shows all the suckers down stream how GREAT Lulano is and you too can earn BIG BUCKS selling butt ugly crap so spend your life savings on inventory!  This could be why Meri NEEDS the big rental - she has to impress everyone with how much money she's making.  Robyn needs that big house because she's Robyn and maybe she NEEDS space for her joolry business too (and I guarantee it won't be long before she has some other relative move in to take care of her kids.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, lma said:

Or are they just hiding the fact that they are actually loaded? It’s so hard for me to believe that real live people can be so dumb.*

I think they are exactly that dumb. I think they have no insurance, no pensions, and no savings, and their credit cards are maxed out.  They are five seconds (or a TLC renewal) from multiple bankruptcies.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

In the article someone posted about Lulano (it could be in the other thread but I'm feeling very Janelle-y today and can't possibly use my fingers enough to look for it) it said that consultants are basically told to flaunt their wealth.  This shows all the suckers down stream how GREAT Lulano is and you too can earn BIG BUCKS selling butt ugly crap so spend your life savings on inventory!  This could be why Meri NEEDS the big rental - she has to impress everyone with how much money she's making.  

Innnteresting.  One of the things that struck me about Mykelti's social media post today that she's "quite"-ing her job to sell LLR full time is that it was all about the opportunity for wealth.  Not to engage in her love of fashion, not to bring exciting new clothes to her friends and neighbors, not to revel in the rah-rah sisterhood of the consultants - WEALTH.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Innnteresting.  One of the things that struck me about Mykelti's social media post today that she's "quite"-ing her job to sell LLR full time is that it was all about the opportunity for wealth.  Not to engage in her love of fashion, not to bring exciting new clothes to her friends and neighbors, not to revel in the rah-rah sisterhood of the consultants - WEALTH.

Yep plus with an actual job even if it's at McDonald's you have to get up, get dressed and go to your place of employment and spend the next 8 or so hours working..

With Lulano you can lay in bed surrounded by your inventory, eating donuts and watching TV 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Ok, those last two houses are fug and depressing. Unless they have an amazing wall of windows in the back - WTF?  Maybe Christine’s house was bought for all those visiting kids and grandkids who are never going to come. 

Kody wants a compound ala David Koresh. Just keep Christine away from kerosene lamps. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I’d sure love to know why Christine BOUGHT her house. Maybe they plan to turn it into a rental after they (don’t) move to Plagueville. 

I don't remember where I heard it, but I heard it will eventually be the "guest house"

• Love 4

I, too, wonder if TLC gives each of the Kodettes a rental allowance. If so, kudos to Christine for being sensible and putting it toward a mortgage. Still not sure why Meri needs a fireplace AND a water feature in her living room.  Of course, the elevator is handy for moving the leggings from place to place.

• Love 1
Just now, lindalouwho said:

I, too, wonder if TLC gives each of the Kodettes a rental allowance. If so, kudos to Christine for being sensible and putting it toward a mortgage. Still not sure why Meri needs a fireplace AND a water feature in her living room.  Of course, the elevator is handy for moving the leggings from place to place.

Whaaatttt?  Meri's got a freaking ELEVATOR?  

I saw the picture of the house on the outside, but I had no idea what the interior looks like.  J, M & J.  That is insanity.

• Love 3

Ok. Christine buying the house to be a guest house actually does make sense. When all the adult kids come home to visit they will need some place to stay too. Finally something that adds up.

With regard to the rentals and the inequality... that still doesn't add up. Meri has no kids. Janelle has two kids at home. Christine has 3 kids at home. And Robyn has 4 kids. There is not a huge difference here anymore. 

If staying together is so important to Kootie, you can't tell me they couldn't find 4 townhouses together somewhere. Nope this is clearly about each wife getting what she wants and they are in for the long term:

Janelle doesn't care as long as she can avoid and  fish. Christine doesn't care as long as she has a view. Robyn wants a "high quality of life." Meri wants revenge and can argue that she generates the most income.

I am most sad  for Truly and Savannah who have trouble with  making friends and socialization. This family has now isolated those girls even more. At least before they had "the family."

These parents have really messed everything up and its the kids who will suffer.

• Love 3

If you google map it, Janelle has no yard and no trees.  Meri and Robyn have trees, and lots of them, at their rentals.  Christine is less than a mile away from the land at Coyote Pass so she has about the same scrub brush vegetation that they will have on their lots, with nary a tree in sight.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Whaaatttt?  Meri's got a freaking ELEVATOR?  

I saw the picture of the house on the outside, but I had no idea what the interior looks like.  J, M & J.  That is insanity.

Those inside pictures have to be somewhere on the internet if it was for sale or rent!

• Love 3

Good grief at this episode.

With the amount of gas spent going back and forth to AZ for all these trips and with all these cars, they could have paid for an extra mortgage.

Kody gets the property and then starts whining about missing his kids due to rentals, moving away from Axel, and all the work.  So stupid...he is doing this all himself.  Nobody is forcing him into this, there is no real reason to do this.

& how much money realistically is adding gas and water/sewer lines for his area or maybe it’s well water?  

Meri is being financially smart for once.  Now that she’s making money via leggings, I think she understands how expensive everything is & how crazy their budget is.

Edited by Soaper410
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

In the article someone posted about Lulano (it could be in the other thread but I'm feeling very Janelle-y today and can't possibly use my fingers enough to look for it) it said that consultants are basically told to flaunt their wealth.  This shows all the suckers down stream how GREAT Lulano is and you too can earn BIG BUCKS selling butt ugly crap so spend your life savings on inventory!  This could be why Meri NEEDS the big rental - she has to impress everyone with how much money she's making.  Robyn needs that big house because she's Robyn and maybe she NEEDS space for her joolry business too (and I guarantee it won't be long before she has some other relative move in to take care of her kids.)

I’m thinking Meri whined her way into her rental because they didn’t pick her favorite property & she deserved this new house to make her fill rill “excited” about the move.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Agree to disagree.  Gabe has not always been a driving teenager (if he has 2 more years of high school left he can't really have been driving for much more than a year - if that long.)  He made sure he did not spend the last 5 years housebound.  He's saying he got involved in things and it's not his responsibility to make sure his sister is getting out of the house.  This is all on Janelle.  If her daughter is sitting around inside all the time that is on her - not Gabe.  I'm also sure that someone in the other houses is always going somewhere so they could drop Savannah off if she needed to go somewhere.  She is choosing to take after her mother and her mother is allowing it.

I agree. I'm not sure why its Gabe's problem or responsibility that his sister stays in her room all the time. That's Janelle's responsibility, and Kody's. Kody obviously doesn't give a crap. I don't really think Janelle does either since she was happy to shove her responsibilities off on Logan. Part of me really wondered if she does or tries to do the same thing to her other sons which is why they flew the coop and Gabe's the last one left. She doesn't really do anything which she makes very clear in her Strive updates. If she's so worried about Savannah then maybe Janelle should do something about it. Try to get her out of her room, interest in the things, sign up classes or give involved in clubs and stuff for things she's interested in. And yes its entirely possible Savannah takes after her mother and doesn't want to do anything. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, suomi said:

It's also possible that she has depression. Steer clear of meds at her age but at least look into underlying causes for the behaviors her mom is describing. 

Yes.  And look who her role model is - the original couch potato.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:47 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I always think of thingks later, when I read other posts!  Sorry if I miss other similar posts, I'm old..

Kootie saying "I fill like a soldier going to war."  Seriously?  How in the holy hell would he even say that, with at least one son in the military?  Fuck you, Kootie.  As the wife of a war veteran, you have no idea who you offended with that stupid fucking statement.  

Honestly, I hope even with a SludgePudge weddingk in the future, TLC pulls the plug on this phony overdone show.

Meh. He's not worth wasting your breath being "OFFENDED!". I'm a veteran, a veteran's wife and a Soldier's mother. Been there, done that, got the hat to prove it.

• Love 5
On 3/10/2019 at 9:17 PM, Quickbeam said:

My pagan heart died a thousand deaths listening to Aspyn define handfasting.

So I must be dumber than a box of rocks as I had no idea what that was, and I didn't remember her mentioning it.  I am sometimes working the Sunday crossword or sudoku or folding laundry while these shows are on so admittedly I miss a lot.  

Anyway, I guess because it is Lent and the word "fasting" is on my mind, I guessed that handfasting was a period of refraining from hand holding during a courtship.  I think I must have seen far too many episodes of the Duggars as it sounds like something they would do.

Well, lo and behold, my husband and I were "handfasted" 30+ years ago, but I never heard it referred to that way.  The priest put his stole around both of our hands during the Nuptial Mass.  I have seen it done frequently at weddings.  I am sure it was done at our daughter's wedding a few years ago. 

Gee, I learn something everyday.  Can't believe I learned this from the Browns.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Oh ffs Kodee can't be bothered to comb his scraggly mop for his daughters wedding? (previews) He's so nasty!

(don't know why system wont let me reply without quotes) RME

• LOL 2