Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: By Means Which Have Never Yet Been Tried

The war with Dyad is all but lost when Rachel’s latest ploy forces a broken Sarah to concede. The Clone Club springs into action, uniting in a reckless gambit to save Sarah. As they fight to gain their freedom, Sarah encounters a new ally and uncovers a terrifying new dimension to the conspiracy.

(edited)

BuzzFeed has the first 2 minutes of the finale: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/watch-the-orphan-black-season-2-finales-shocking-opening-sce

It looks like we're in for a relaxing hour of television that will surely end in such a way that we are not left bereft for the ensuing year. 

Not going to look, not going to click, not

going to look.

Who is this new ally?!!!  think they'll be introducing another new clone or have we filled the quota of one new clone popping up when we least expect it, as in Rachel in the S1 finale and Tony this season?  and I don't know if this is considered a spoiler or not but I heard that

we'll be seeing four clones in one scene, which has never been done before. Anyone want to take guess who it will be? I'll say... Helena, Sarah, Rachel and maybe Cosima.

Edited by Valny
(edited)

Valny, I mean need to lean on you for moral support because it's taking all of my willpower not to click that damn link! I can hold out for 52 more hours, right? Right?!

I keep trying to figure out the "new ally" thing too and I can't imagine them bringing Tony back because they made such a big deal about getting him the hell outta dodge so he wasn't caught up in all the insanity. I think it'd be insane to introduce another new clone now, so all I can come up with is Marian. Maybe? Or perhaps Delphine? Like, I think she's pretty obviously Team Clone, but Sarah/Alison/Felix/Mrs S have never trusted her, so maybe she does something to help them out from the inside.

Edited by hardy har

I'm guessing (not spoiled) the new ally is a new character altogether (new actor), but I would like it to be Paul. Or maybe it is Cal, and he does have some super spy connections (hence his off-the-gridness).

I don't want Paul to swoop in at the last minute like some sort of hero figure, that would be obnoxious. The best thing that's happened to his character this season is the ambiguity as to his allegiances and his murky motivations. I'd much prefer the "new ally" to be Marian Bowels, if only for this single episode, but Gracie and/or Mark could prove interesting. 

(edited)

It looks like we're in for a relaxing hour of television that will surely end in such a way that we are not left bereft for the ensuing year. 

Hahaha if only.   This is going to be epic.  I am confident they are going to leave us hanging with new questions and concerns but they will give a few answers that have lingered through the season.  I have confidence in the creators that this show will not lose its way if it continues.  They are telling a very elaborate story.  Each episode feels like a really good book you are reading and when it ends you miss the characters.  They are trying to visually tell a story in 10 weeks, and unfortunately we can't jump to the last page like a good book.  We have to wait (uuughs) and in a world were everything today is immediate gratification its painful to hang in and just enjoy the ride.   So it only stands to reason we'll be left "bereft" lol as you have mentioned.  

I am anxious to find out what happens with Sarah and Rachel, IMO their battle is the arc of this season.  I feel like Rachel may go down but then I hear there's a major mind Frak coming so perhaps she's a good guy?  I find Marian's presence this season most interesting and her fascination with Sarah. I hope we get some answers there.  Either way..answers or not...this show is a good hour of entertainment every week and I am sad to see it coming to an end this season.  I will miss the sestras and enjoyed their development this season, especially Helena.  

Edited by LovinLife

The buggery, fuckery fuck...and I've been rendered speechless. Truthfully I am not sure half of whatever the hell it is I just watched but it was all highly engaging.

I had a feeling Duncan wouldn't last the episode, and of course his death would prove to be a big trigger for Rachel; that scene was so well acted I thought, the way Rachel kept slapping and hitting at her father just like a small child would in utter desperation as she sobbed, knowing he was leaving her again by choice, that line of his about her not deserving to have him, that was a whoa moment. And speaking of Rachel...pressurized pencil to the eye...pretty sure that won't improve her mood much at all.

The dance sequence had me in stitches. Felix doing the dirty booty bump and grind against Alison who seemed a little too comfortable smacking his ass, yeah...that just may be the image left in my head until next season. Helena was lucky to not have taken out someone's eye.

As far as the last 5 minutes...the buggery, fuckery fuck...that is all.

• Love 3

Right in the eye !!!

That dancing scene with the 4 clones was amazing.

Mark is the male clone.  Never saw that coming.  Looks like some of them are unstable as well.  For a minute I thought it was a Felix clone in that cage until the reveal.

What deal did Mrs. S make with Paul, and where is Helena going ?

• Love 2
(edited)

This show.

I swear to God, this fucking show.

ETA:  We mustn't forget that Helena is pregnant.  (So is Gracie but she isn't in the hands of the military and getting on a C-17 to God knows where.)

EETA:  Speaking of which -- where did the canister go?

EEETA:  And, as far as I'm concerned, Rachel is "good riddance to bad rubbish."  The hot second after she condemned Cosima to death, I thought to myself, "You just signed your own death warrant."  That was a surprisingly stupid miscalculation on her part.  After what that marrow meant to Sarah (both the survival of Cosima and the sacrifices made by Kira), Rachel should have known squandering the marrow like that would have driven Sarah to extremes.  (Even if she didn't know Sarah had the ability to go to those extremes right there, right then.) 

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 3
(edited)

Was that Vic?

The male clone?  No -- it was Marc, the same creepy Onward Christian Soldier that just married Gracie.   Now THAT is a couple that is going to have some major marital issues when the shit hits their fan.

Damn, there is just so. fucking. much. to discuss; I'm still trying to wrap my mind around everything.  

Loved the dancing clones and had a huge shit-eating grin on my face during that scene.

Which went into tears when I thought that Cosima had died.  Damn you, show.

Helena's embryo's + Duncan's notes = cure for Cosima, if they can crack it.  On that note, how will Delphine hook back up with the Clone Club?

LOVED Rachel getting what that bitch deserved, and right in the eye, too.  She'll survive, natch, but I can see her character falling down the same bunny hole as Kimberly on Melrose Place.[/old fart]

Edited by OriginalCyn
  • Love 3
Mark is the male clone.  Never saw that coming

If it had been a clone Felix or clone Paul I would have disowned the show, doing so sadly but I would have had no choice, that would have been the biggest cop out imo for them to take.

It certainly opens up a lot of avenues with it being Mark, is he aware at all, if he isn't I am sure that may make him a bit wiggy. The one working out who made really deranged bedroom eyes at Sarah seems like the Helena of the bunch.

• Love 9
(edited)

Oh crap, why did it have to be Mark? I would have been fine with a whole screen full of Cals or Pauls or Felixes or Arts next year, but no.....the male clone is Mark.

Oh well, at least I don't feel guilty this week about laughing at something unfortunate.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 5
(edited)

Oh boy, just looked up Castor, and in mythology, he is one of the twins of Castor and Pollux, whose MOTHER was LEDA.

In Greek and Roman mythology, Castor and Pollux, or Polydeuces, were twin brothers, together known as the Dioskouri. Their mother was Leda, but Castor was the mortal son of Tyndareus, the king of Sparta, and Pollux the divine son of Zeus, who seduced Leda in the guise of a swan. Though accounts of their birth are varied, they are sometimes said to have been born from an egg, along with their twin sisters Helen of Troy and Clytemnestra.

Wheeeee!! Another mind-frak to discuss during the off-season.

Edited by OriginalCyn
  • Love 2
(edited)

April 29 2014. 07:34 PM

Season 2 Speculation in Orphan Black

I rewatched and yeah, she just confirmed Sarah comes from Project LEDA.  So, big old nevermind on my previous comment.  But I still do think Sarah and Felix have a connection.  1 set to the state.  Then you have Mark and Helena - to the church

Hey, I watch way too much TV and I TOTALLY CALLED IT on April 29. The whole Mark being a clone part - the particulars not so much :-) Absolutely great finale. #Cosimalives. Some actors totally dial into my empathy so when they cry, I cry. Tatiana is definitely one of those (Brad Pitt and Sandra Bullock as well). The 4 clones scene - I need to watch a making of documentary STAT! One very happy viewer here. So long seestras and brother seestras - don't burn down any fish people farms.

Edited by Grammaeryn
  • Love 3

Yeah...so not feeling this whole Mark reveal. Also, I am still not onboard with the whitewashed Helena. I guess I wanted things to happen gradually with that.

Lastly and shallowly, Paul and Cal gracing my screen at once was nice. I do prefer Paul when he is not in camoflouge though.

• Love 2
(edited)

So Mrs S did know Paul from before, I thought she just knew him from when Sarah brought him home.  All a bit confusing, will probably have to watch again.  So was Cal's internet contact the woman from Dyad , he showed up with her in the limo right.

The army camo not flattering to Paul.

The dance scene was hilarious but the speicial effect not perfect where as the scene with Cosima and Sarah was seemless.

ETA: I had to look away at the pencil in the eye scene, yikes!

Edited by Blackie

As soon as they had Mrs. S. mention Castor and chide Cal about his mythology shortcomings I had a hunch about the direction they were going in. I get what their intent is but that doesn't mean I am not still somewhat confused about most of it, heh, but at least I know I'm coming back for season 3 to see what's next in store for the characters.

• Love 1

For a moment I thought it would be Tony but when they intercut it with wedding, I connected the dots.

Oh boy, just looked up Castor, and in mythology, he is one of the twins of Castor and Pollux, whose MOTHER was LEDA.

Wheeeee!! Another mind-frak to discuss during the off-season.

That's a doozy.

Cannot. Breathe. Holy shit! Cried when I though cosima died. Rejoiced when Kira showed her the book, which I had forgotten about. Scott and cosima and "squeeze". OMG. Can't even think straight right now. When does this show come back???

I don't know, but somehow I found this episode unsatisfying. Maybe because it's the season finale, and we have to wait 9 months or so for the next installment. :(

I was really distracted by the scenes in Felix's apartment because I kept thinking how stupid it was for them to be there with no protection. Even Sarah's trip to Marian's house bugged me because it seemed so risky. Dyad is so powerful, and Marian seemed to be acting on her own to help Sarah and Kira. So it seemed really naive of them to think they were safe at Felix's, and of course Helena wasn't safe. I wonder what happened to Scott. I hope he made it out ok.

What info did Paul give Marian? She already knew about the male clones since she has one living in her house.

We still don't have an answer to what the purpose of the girl clones is.

• Love 2

So Mrs S did know Paul from before, I thought she just knew him from when Sarah brought him home.  All a bit confusing, will probably have to watch a again.  So was Cal's internet contact the woman from Dyad and was "Castor", he showed up with her in the limo right.

I'll have to wait until re-watch at midnight, but "Castor" was used in the DarkNet chat, either as Marion's Pseud or as a verification code word.  Marion also said to Sarah that the Military had control of Project Castor, which were the male clones. 

(edited)

So does anyone think that Gracie isn't carrying her daddy's baby but her dad somehow pulled a switcheroo and fertilized Helena's eggs with Mark?  I mean that would be a super-duper clone baby.  

From this moment until the day I die I will forever tell people that I like their hairs.

Edited by whyjen8
  • Love 6

Because Mark wasn't creepy enough…I wonder if the boy clones are the biological brothers to the gal clone club.  More dance parties are in order either way.

I wonder if Mark himself is the original or an actual clone. If he is a clone then he is probably sterile, and that makes more sense that Gracie is impregnated with her father's child…and I can't believe I just typed that.

I look forward to Rachel's eyepatch embossed with a Kate Spade symbol on it. Pebbled leather, of course.

I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Delphine but it was so obvious that she was getting played.  She might be put on "the plane?" Is that code for killed a la Leekie? Considering that they didn't actually kill him and in fact have zero idea as to where he is, that's not the strongest euphemism out there.

Why is Helena everyone's pawn? After Kira, Helena just gets shuffled around. No wonder she's batshit. But if anyone could take out the boy clones (all in American military garb, complete with the US flag, by the way - this is no evil Canadian operation) I suppose it is Helena.

Admiral Cain is perfectly cast because she gives me the heebie jeebies.

Not enough Art. Not enough Donnie. And definitely not enough Alison - she needs to host a twerk party in her garage.

• Love 7
(edited)

So does anyone think that Gracie isn't carrying her daddy's baby but her dad somehow pulled a switcheroo and fertilized Helena's eggs with Mark?  I mean that would be a super-duper clone baby.  

It would be a serious doozy, but there's no way.  CreepyBigLoveRanchDude was a serious narcissist with a major god complex who wanted his own swimmers mated with the "divine" ova.  To him, Mark was nothing more than a disposable source to carry out his bidding, and he'd have squashed him like a bug without a second thought.

Edited by OriginalCyn
  • Love 2

That was amazing. I've sort of missing the interaction of the sestras this year but the dance scene made up for it. To be honest I started to get a little teary during that scene and the scene before where Helena meets Cosima and Allison. I can't quite say why other than it was so nice to have these women together and happy and having fun. I didn't used to be such a sap.

• Love 4

I was really distracted by the scenes in Felix's apartment because I kept thinking how stupid it was for them to be there with no protection

Maybe Marion told them they there would be protection outside for them, of course she knew that there would be men waiting to nab Helena as soon as she went walk about.. Poor Helena, she really was in love.  I wish Felix would have hooked her up with a change of clothes.

It did seem kind of quick from Sarah's escape to the dance party.  I wish it could have been a 2 hour finale, or at least 90 min. They could have filled in more.  Did Sarah even find out yet that paul helped with the whole escape.  And what about Scott?  Hopefully Cosima can contact him and Delphine with "the code".

• Love 1

I figured there'd be male clones, didn't think it would be Mark. I suppose that's why we spent so much time with him. I'm also wondering if Mark is the father of Helena's babies. He could be the defective one too. 

The dance party was awesome and must've been so strange to film. I loved seeing all the clones together. What was with the Nitrogen canister that Helena left? I'm also beginning to think Kira's got the traits of all the clones plus super healing. 

And it can't be said enough, Tatiana is freaking amazing. I hope Ari Millen can keep up with her. 

• Love 2
(edited)

The military likely had that place protected like Fort Knox, with Marian's knowledge (as well as knowing that Helena was going to be nabbed by them).

Mrs. S. was right -- Sarah is never going to forgive her for that.

Was there some underlying reason I missed as to why Helena decided to leave Felix's loft?  

Also, my dumb ass forgot she'd been carrying her frozen embryos, so when the camera focused on the nitrogen container, at first I thought she'd left some sort of bomb.  I had to process that one for a couple of minutes as it was swirling with the Holy Fuckedness of the episode until the light went on in my brain.  

Edited by OriginalCyn
  • Love 2
(edited)

So, is Rachel dead or will she be back, rocking an eye-patch, Nick Fury-style?  I wasn't quite sure.  Either way, considering what she pulled, she got off kind of easy.  I'm sure if she had time, Sarah would have like to have done a lot more to her.  Especially since she not only kidnapped Kira, but she had just potentially doomed Cosima by destroying the marrow?  Curious to see what will happen to her and DYAD now.  Oh, and Scott.  I hope poor Scott manages to not be collateral damage, now that shit is really hitting the fan.

After having most of the clones separated or reduced to pairs throughout the season, they finally not only get the Clone Club back together, but they introduce Helena to the club as well!  And then?  Dance party!!!  I don't care if it was fan-service, that was an awesome scene.  Of course, each character danced in different ways and in ways I would expect the characters to dance.  And, a smaller scene, but the bed scene with Cosima and Sarah was just as awesome.  Oh, Tatiana Maslany.  The pessimist in me is already preparing to shake my fist, when the Emmy voters deny Tatiana her rightful nomination.

Hate to admit it, but as soon as Marian started talking about male clones and we cut to the military stuff, I started going "Please, don't be Paul!  Please!"  I don't consider myself a hater honestly, but I just don't think Dylan Bruce would be able to pull off multiple characters at all.  So, I'm a little bit more optimistic about it being Mark instead, although the jury is out if Ari Millen has the ability to be even half as good as Tatiana.  I kind of feel bad for him, because this is going to be big steps to follow in.

Was bummed that there wasn't any Donnie, and Alison was only in the one scene.  I'm not quite sure what she'll be playing in the future, so I hope they have something juicy in-store for her.  Barely any Art too, but I loved his annoyed reaction to Helena coming back and taking his food.  I wonder if this is it for Angie and Vic, or if both of them will be rearing their heads next season.  Sounds like Cal will be back, at least.

Glad that the previews were a misdirect, and Sarah wasn't blaming Felix for what happened to Kira.  Felix really looked gutted over what happened.  Poor guy is put through the ringer in all of this.

One of these days, all of Mrs. S's secrets is really going to cause major issues with either Sarah or the other clones.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 5
screen full of Cals or Pauls or Felixes or Arts

It feels like these options would have been a bit obvious and dubious. Cal: one of the defective clones (the unmonitored tramp) just happens to have a baby with one of her male counterparts? Paul: Aside from having no faith in his acting, one of the clones happens to be made into a monitor for another one? Felix: The unmonitored tramp just happened to end up in the same foster home as one of the male clones? Art: One of the clones just happens to be the partner of another clone?

Okay Paul could have been possible, but the actor, no.

While with Mark we know barely anything about him, and as far as we know he hasn't had contact with any of the Maslanys until this season. So at least it's plausible. No idea about Ari's acting abilities; his character's not the warmest.

• Love 1

We still don't have an answer to what the purpose of the girl clones is.

We still don't have the answer to a ton of questions, and I for one am getting bored as more and more mysteries pile on top of one another without any answers ever being provided (and "Topside is a cabal" doesn't count as an answer, sorry). Unless I've forgotten, we never learned how Alison and Cosima found each other, Paul's role remains completely opaque, and Siobhan's involvement with Dyad and Topside and the military and Lord knew who and what else and how they relate to her acquisition of Sarah has never been explained nor, astonishingly, has Sarah ever seen fit to ask her! And let's not forget that we know nothing of how the Proletheans ever learned about the clones or got hold of Helena. Or how Alison and Cosima were adopted. And instead of enlightening us a bit, the show just piles on more bafflement: Why is mini-Tatiana crippled? Who took Helena and why were Paul and Marion involved? Why is Marion harboring a male clone? What are Art and Angie doing these days?

I'm completely convinced that there was no master plan beyond the first season, and now plot points are just being made up as the show goes along. But that could still work, provided the audience isn't dragged along incessantly into a deeper and deeper murk. I'm confused, and I can only imagine how confused I'll be when the show returns at a time when I'll have forgotten half of what's happened so far. That is, if I decide it's worth watching.

• Love 11
(edited)

When Cosima seemed to be dead on the bed and had her vision of Delphine, was Kira healing her -- because that glow of light seemed to come from Kira ?

Where was Helena going when she got the blackbag treatment ?  Was she really going to see tow truck Jesse ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

Loved the dance scene, but you knew something bad was coming after that.

Kira's dad reminds me of Will (Bradley Cooper) on Alias.

I also wondered what was up with that nitrogen tank and is Kira helped "heal" Cosima when she seemed dead

Delphine needs to just go away, she is stupid and useless, just constantly causing Cosima trouble. Never liked them together.

Is it a coincidence clone Mark and Gracie get married and they show this episode the same day as the Duggar wedding? NINETEEN KIDS? I think this is a sign.

(edited)
how Alison and Cosima were adopted.

I thought they weren't, that their parents were couples who couldn't conceive and really wanted a kid, so Ali/Cosima were implanted. I don't want yet more layers of intrigue, like their parents are part of the conspiracy too.

From EW interview:

There was a Donnie storyline that we had to cut out, but we will include the four minutes of the Alison and Donnie storyline on the DVD which will be released later.

So I guess it's not essential plot-wise but more of their weird romantic comedy thing going on.

Edited by jjjmoss

The military likely had that place protected like Fort Knox, with Marian's knowledge (as well as knowing that Helena was going to be nabbed by them).

Mrs. S. was right -- Sarah is never going to forgive her for that.

Was there some underlying reason I missed as to why Helena decided to leave Felix's loft?  

Also, my dumb ass forgot she'd been carrying her frozen embryos, so when the camera focused on the nitrogen container, at first I thought she'd left some sort of bomb.  I had to process that one for a couple of minutes as it was swirling with the Holy Fuckedness of the episode until the light went on in my brain.  

I suppose, but my point was that the clones wouldn't know that and would have no reason to think they were safe.  Plus, Paul and Marian each seemed to be acting on their own, so it seems unlikely that the military would be guarding that loft.

What exactly was Helena traded for?  The folder that Paul gave to Marian?  If so, Marian must still be holding out on Sarah, because it seems she must have already known about the male military clones.  And why does Sarah even care about those?  She and her sisters wanted to know about their history, which is still an unknown.  There have been tons of hints about military involvement, and I sort of figured there may be male clones, so I was surprised it was Mark but not much else about that.

I figured Helena was off to blow up Dyad.  I don't think she was running after Jesse.

Re: Ari's acting ability, IDK that he will have to match Tatiana. Marion told us/Sarah that Project Castor was taken over by the military. If that is true, then most likely the boy clones were "raised" to become a mindless killing machine army. So they will all pretty much be the same. This is just speculation.

We got a load of intel this ep, which is awesome! But nowhere near as awesome as The Clone Club Dance Club and Felix being part of it! I love that Felix is one of the sistras. So, Dyad nearly got Sarah the breedable clone and now the military gets the other breedable clone. Hmmm. It's not mystery why they wanted Helena over say Alison or Cosima and there was no way Mrs. S was giving them Sarah.

I am suddenly invested in Mark. I wondered why/how they were going to keep Mark and Gracie involved. I wonder if he knows? I wonder if Creepy Daddy knew!

And a little Clone. Freaky!

My god what an ep!!!!

And I don't care that Mrs. S gave up Helena, she is still freaking awesome! I love that woman and want her to be my gun weilding, car bomb ordering mama.

• Love 3

Just wowzers.

We've gotten used to being introduced to new clones, and the some viewers had guessed that a male clone was due, but it's kind of a hoot that they introduce a female clone that can't possibly be played by Maslany.

• Love 2

...so how many Girl Clones are there now (that we know of)?

I thought Cal might have been a clone, and that only boy and girl clones together could procreate.  But instead it's Mark.  I am not sure Gracie wants to keep the baby, and I'm not sure I see that sitting well with Religious Mark (Helena seemed on board with Gracie doing what she wanted).

I hate that we have to wait another year for the next season.  Grrrrrr.

In the beginning did Sarah say she had an abortion? I wonder what made her decide to have Kira then, since she ended up abandoning her too for a bit. 

I wonder if Sarah's going to tell the others about their little sister.