Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Escape from the Happy Place

6 minutes ago, chrisvee said:

OMG is my ship a real thing???

Hell Yeah!  I’m all in on Elliot and Quentin.  It’s a shame that Quetin put himself out there and that Elliot was too scared to try.  

Still I feel awful for how things have eroded so badly between Alice and  Quentin.  I get how he feels betrayed by her actions in the last season’s finale and how he’s in a dark mindset because of the loss of his father and the situation with Elliot.  I just feel so awful for Alice despite her mistakes she does really want to do good.  I do think that Alice too isolated and needs to forge stronger connections to others in the main group.  

• Love 13

Oh my God, they are actually full stop going there!!!! I am both flailing, AND crying! Oh my God, Quentin asked Elliot if he wanted to give their relationship a try, and Elliot freaked out and said no! And its the moment he most regrets! Oh, I guess I didnt need a heart show, its alright for you to stomp on it! 

Is my ship actually going to be endgame?!

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, festivus said:

Now that was an episode. I do feel bad for Alice though. Where is she going to go? The gang all hate her and she doesn't care for her mom. This can't be good.

Hanging out with the dean for a bit? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Even beyond my shipping (squeeeeeeeeee) heart having so many emotions, I loved this whole episode in general.

Loved seeing so much more of Elliot after being Elliot-less all season so far, and getting more about his traumatic magical awakening and accidentally killing his bully, more of his issues from throughout the series, and, of course, going back to A Life in A Day, and the unresolved feelings he has towards Quentin, and vice versa. I figured where he was going when he was looking at Quentin, but finding out what really went down, that Q wanted them to have a relationship again in the main timeline, but Elliot, nervous about his very real feelings to Quentin, played it off in a very "your probably just confused" kind of way, and Quentin let it go. And thats his biggest regret, because he loves him damn it!

Anyway, the trip through Elliot's mind was generally cool, I liked the former Monster victim who was tagging along (and desperately trying to learn to to properly swear), the creepy creatures following them, and that Elliot finally managed to get to Q and tell his friends that he was still alive. 

I hope someone tells Fen, she was taking his death so hard! Not as hard as Margo though, even if she cant say it. "If I start crying, I will never stop." Oh Margo. Prepare the sheep to bleat in despair indeed.  Now even the sloth has gone quiet, much to the distress of her human boyfriend. Because Fillory. 

I can get why everyone is pissed at Alice, but I do hope they can make peace with her. She really does want to make things better and make up for screwing everyone over, but no one is really ready to forgive her. I hope that they can make up though, and Alice can find some happiness, even if its probably not romantically with Quentin anymore. That being said, I can see why Quentin is having trouble dealing with her and his many emotions towards her right now. He just finished having his mind wiped, he witnessed a monster murdering people, wrecking havoc, and tortured him, who also looks like his best friend who he is probably also in love with, who he until very recently thought was dead, and is still trapped inside his own body, AND his dad just died. Not even counting the usual magic mess going on, the guy has been under a bit of stress. I mean, so has everyone, but still. 

Maybe Alice and the Dean can get drunk together?

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, chrisvee said:

OMG is my ship a real thing???

No queer baiting, no subtext, no one-sided pining, just the real possibility of an Eliot/Quentin romantic relationship.

I can't even right now!

2 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

Hell Yeah!  I’m all in on Elliot and Quentin.  It’s a shame that Quetin put himself out there and that Elliot was too scared to try.  

When I saw that I was like. "Get your shit together, Eliot!"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

I swear. I thought it was going to Buffy and Angel all over again. The good guy comes back at the wrong time but they still have to banish or kill him. I was for sure going to ragequit. I mean it, lol.

But Eliot is alive. Quentin knows. Eliot truly loved Quentin and he is going to come back for him! I was losing it when Eliot figured out his worse memory. I also loved his choices of protectors. Competitive Margo is fierce. 

Poor Shoshanna. I dug her just for her crush blocking scenes with Penny 23.

I wonder why the talking animals have stopped talking. 

I spent most of the episode wondering where Marina and still missing Penny 40 so I'm looking forward to next week.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, festivus said:

Now that was an episode. I do feel bad for Alice though. Where is she going to go? The gang all hate her and she doesn't care for her mom. This can't be good.

5 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Hanging out with the dean for a bit? 

For a not insubstantial part of the series, Alice has felt like she's in the group because Quentin insists that she be and not because they are actually friends with her. I wouldn't be upset to see her hang with the group without Quentin around.

I love Eliot and Quentin together. I was disappointed when they seemed to fizzle out back in the main timeline. So yeah!!!!!

• Love 7

What felt really true to me was Quentin telling Alice he was done while still being able to thank her for saving his life.  They had that intense first love that was doomed by the fact that both of them were so damaged as individuals when they came together.

I feel as if Alice’s only connection to the group is Quentin. Her focus has been magic while Quentin’s has been relationships. (He is somewhat the lynchpin that holds the group together).  

Alice has a journey ahead to catch up with the others in terms of how to connect to other people. That’s something she has to do without Quentin.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Isn't Eliot married? Quentin you castlewrecker!

Didn’t they establish that Eliot can have one wife and one husband when Eliot was going to marry the king of a rival kingdom to end a war? So Quentinss and Eliot could happen without displacing Fen. The Eliot/Ren marriage has evolved into a solid platonic partnership. I really hope Ren gets to find some romantic happiness because she and Eliot are more family than lovers at this point.

Also, I was rewatching the episode and I noticed green mist coming out of Margo’s mouth during the scene when she explains she can’t let herself cry because then she won’t be able to stop. I’m curious what that mist was and if it has anything to do with the animals losing speech. I wonder if we’ll see Eliot and Fen’s fake daughter Fray and her bear boyfriend again since there’s a crisis with the talking animals.

@chrisvee You have a good point that Q has been focused on forging relationships while dealing with magical crisises and that Alice has been focused on the magic. Q is the only one who managed to get to Alice’s heart. There have been otheres who’ve had moments with Alice that could have lead to stronger relationships Penny, Eliot, and Julia but those were temporary and lasting friendships didn’t happen. She really does need to develop bonds with people other than Quentin  Alice by herself isn’t good for her, and I suspect it’s dangerous as well. If Alice is more focused on magic itself and not on people will make harmful choices.

There was a time I hated Julia and now I enjoy her. I remember when she betrayed the group to fulfill her own agenda for revenge and how the group hated her initially. Now Julia is a trusted ally. Alice can be redeemed and the group has shown with the Julia example that they can be forgiving. Alice can be impatient but she needs to stop pushing for forgiveness and give Q time. She also needs to open herself up to other people so that Q isn’t her only important relationship.

Edited by Luckylyn
A bunch of extra symbols randomly showed up in my post.
  • Love 12

After a day in the life aired, I assumed that Eliot and Quentin were possibly the OTP of the show.  I didn't think they'd actually take it to a romantic relationship though. I just assumed the show would end someday with them as very close friends.  After this episode?  They are totally going there, and I'm ready for some romance baby!  

Quentin and Alice have a really very nice end to their relationship.  Very grown up.  Alice isn't happy about it, but she understands.  It would be weird for them to go back and put Quentin and Alice together.  Shows have done it before, but I just don't see *this* show doing that.  And I'm thankful.  They can become friends again, and of course they will, otherwise Alice would be leaving the show.  But I think the romantic relationship is over.

Really kind of sad about Shoshanna though.

A couple of questions though.

1) Who stole Penny?

2) I don't remember the poison world. Which one was that?

3) What was up with the birthright box again?

Maybe I need to do a rewatch.  🙂

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

I do think that Alice too isolated and needs to forge stronger connections to others in the main group.  

5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

For a not insubstantial part of the series, Alice has felt like she's in the group because Quentin insists that she be and not because they are actually friends with her. I wouldn't be upset to see her hang with the group without Quentin around.

These are good points. They make me look at Alice and realize that she's probably spent her entire life feeling isolated. Or perhaps behaving in a way that makes sure she is isolated. 

It's likely that her very strong connection that she formed with Q was the first time in her life she really let down some of those guards that have protected her from the world. Love is an interesting and powerful emotion. She can't go back and un-feel all of those things that she felt with Quentin. So at this point in her life, she's just trying to deal with those feelings in her own Alice kind of logic way. And Quentin is of course a feelings first kind of guy, so we have interactions like we had in this episode. 

It's sad, but it's written perfectly. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, treasaigh said:

A couple of questions though.

1) Who stole Penny?

Maybe I need to do a rewatch.  🙂

Based on the previews, question number one will be answered next week.

Not sure about the birthright box but as for question number 2, the poisoned world was the world that originally had the library workers' books in it that Penny had to enter to find his own book in season 2. That's how he ended up with the cancer that "killed" him. (I put killed in parenthesis since it was technically just his body that died since he was on the astral plane at the time)

Edited by rwlevin
  • Love 2

I've already watched this one again, so good. Welters Margo is hilariously scary. I think I want to be her. lol. The rest of the team was pretty funny too. Fen with her knives and the Quentin that's about to beat up Penny. Probably the only time he's been anywhere in the same country as scary.

I said to my son last night that Alice didn't close to the door to the poison room and surely that was going to come back to bite her. If Ol' Chris could get out it might take him a few weeks to die like it did Penny so he could still have time to fuck some shit up. I wasn't thinking about until I read on another board that Martin had put some runes on him so he couldn't die while he was being tortured. If those are still there and he's in there reading all the stuff the library thinks is too dangerous for anyone to see....

Oh and I'm glad Iris is dead just because whenever they said her name I would think of Irene and it was confusing me dammit.

Edited by festivus
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, rwlevin said:

(I put killed in parenthesis since it was technically just his body that died since he was on the astral plain at the time)

Plane, as in plane of existence.

4 hours ago, treasaigh said:

2) The Poison Room is where the Library stores forbidden knowledge, like the art of killing gods. It's in a world where the atmosphere is filled with lethal biohazards. That's what gave Penny his cancer and killed Sylvia, the girl who helped him.

3) The Lord of All Fillorian Freshwater told Margo she needed to open her birthright box when he was filling "Janet" in on really being the High King of Fillory and there being a crisis in the kingdom. But she couldn't open it yet with the identity spell on her, 'cause it would have killed her.

Creature from the Black Lagoon: Your birthright box, which it has been my honor to guard, dictated your absence from the kingdom, your loss of self, and your return this day and hour. But I must caution. It also predicted that you would learn what it is to live and rule alone.

Janet: Yeah? Well, alone's my jam, grenouille. And no matter what, I rule.

Creature from the Black Lagoon: Your enchantment is most powerful. I'm not sure that my wards will hold. To come back and claim your destiny, you must find the god who summoned you in the dream.

• Love 3

Didn’t they establish that Eliot can have one wife and one husband when Eliot was going to marry the king of a rival kingdom to end a war?

Yes, but he was High King at that time and now he isn't. So I'm not sure if that still applies. 

I wasn't thinking about until I read on another board that Martin had put some runes on him so he couldn't die while he was being tortured. If those are still there and he's in there reading all the stuff the library thinks is too dangerous for anyone to see....

That's a good point. I don't think we've seen the last of him.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, festivus said:

I said to my son last night that Alice didn't close to the door to the poison room and surely that was going to come back to bite her. If Ol' Chris could get out it might take him a few weeks to die like it did Penny so he could still have time to fuck some shit up. I wasn't thinking about until I read on another board that Martin had put some runes on him so he couldn't die while he was being tortured. If those are still there and he's in there reading all the stuff the library thinks is too dangerous for anyone to see....

Shit, I hadn't considered that!

I was hoping Plover was gone for good, but since Alice is the show's whipping girl right now I think he might come back worse than ever just so Alice has something else to feel guilty about.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Beatrice said:

I never really warmed up to Elliot or Quentin but kudos to the show if they follow through.

I usually always like the side characters that never get the spotlight anyway. lol

This ensemble cast is strong IMO which makes it possible for mileage to easily vary so that people can focus on different favorites.

Edited by chrisvee
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

This is by far my favorite show on TV right now. I haven't been this emotionally invested in a ship in a long, long time. HA and JR have amazing chemistry. I was afraid this season was going to turn into an extended plot-driven "big bad" type of story arc, but I love how much character development we're getting so far. Someone else said it on a different episode's comments, but I'm so impressed by the acting all around - the way the actors play nuanced variations on their characters is riveting. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Going back to rewatch….I found the whole scene with two Eliots and Quentin really confusing, and coming here has helped me make sense of it a bit. What can I say? I'm old and my brain doesn't pick up complicated plot devices the way it used to back in the day LOL. Anyway, I think I have put it all together enough to give it another go-round. As much as Hale's acting in making the disparate characters of Eliot and the Monster recognizable, when they are both in the same scene and the dialogue is moving fairly fast I get lost.

Agreed that HA and JR do have amazing chemistry. And Eliot's declaration of love was as heartbreaking as Q's suggesting that they give their relationship a chance, but as much as I've been shipping them all along, and would love to see them together, I don't think it could ever be a lifetime monogamous relationship as long as Q is primarily straight, and breaking up might be even more heartbreaking. I wonder whether they had Eliot & Q's relationship in mind from the start of the show or whether some of it ended up being chemistry-driven as they went down the line and recognized what they had. 

• Love 3

Shoshanna  noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, I liked that character and was hoping she'd hang around longer. 

I take back anything bad I said about this show because of Elliot and Quentin, yay show!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Going back to rewatch….I found the whole scene with two Eliots and Quentin really confusing, and coming here has helped me make sense of it a bit. What can I say? I'm old and my brain doesn't pick up complicated plot devices the way it used to back in the day LOL. Anyway, I think I have put it all together enough to give it another go-round. As much as Hale's acting in making the disparate characters of Eliot and the Monster recognizable, when they are both in the same scene and the dialogue is moving fairly fast I get lost.

Agreed that HA and JR do have amazing chemistry. And Eliot's declaration of love was as heartbreaking as Q's suggesting that they give their relationship a chance, but as much as I've been shipping them all along, and would love to see them together, I don't think it could ever be a lifetime monogamous relationship as long as Q is primarily straight, and breaking up might be even more heartbreaking. I wonder whether they had Eliot & Q's relationship in mind from the start of the show or whether some of it ended up being chemistry-driven as they went down the line and recognized what they had. 

So...didn’t Quentin and Eliot have a monogamous relationship after Arielle’s death? For decades?  

Since last night’s ep aired, I’ve read a few interviews that the actors have given. And honestly, I realize how much I undervalued the impact of that experience on Quentin and Eliot’s interior landscape — not just in terms of how they relate to each other but in terms of the life experience they have now.  My goodness they raised a child! I really never thought this through before.

Edited by chrisvee
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, chrisvee said:

So...didn’t Quentin and Eliot have a monogamous relationship after Arielle’s death? For decades?  

Since last night’s ep aired, I’ve read a few interviews that the actors have given. And honestly, I realize how much I undervalued the impact of that experience on Quentin and Eliot’s interior landscape — not just in terms of how they relate to each other but in terms of the life experience they have now.  My goodness they raised a child! I really never thought this through before.

I had understood it as having settled down to a platonic relationship, even though they certainly loved each other dearly, but you are right that this episode gives the impression that it may have become more after Arielle's death. I hadn't really thought about it. 

• Love 2

Oh poor Q and Elliot in their love scene. It was brilliant though. This show gets complex emotions right. It even manages to look at the intersection of individual emotion and socially conditioned behavior. All while being entertaining and funny. The Magicians is setting the writing bar higher than it knows. 

I wanted Shoshana to stay longer too. I hated it that she sacrificed herself. And I loved that we had an actress that wasn’t skeletal. Speaking of which, it looks like Julia only weighs about 85 pounds. Seriously, do we really want to normalize our eye so that a normal grown woman weighs less than a twelve year old? I like pretty, I do, but I know we could like pretty that was a little more normal in terms of size. 

Im not sure how I feel about Alice. Somehow the character has never quite connected for me and her betrayal last season was pretty big. Nor do I feel like we’ve ever gotten a full explanation regarding Alice’s betrayal. I’m not sure how she was supposed to benefit. I feel for her yet understand the doubts the rest of the circle feel. 

• Love 11

I don't think I've ever been so happy to see an OTP mapping on the show before. If the show screws me over and it's not the OTP I'll go ballistic. I loved Elliot and Q back when they lived 50 years together but i thought it was just a plot device that basically furthered their friendship. But this ending... Oh they better be going there. It will be too cruel for them to dangle this idea and just bury it as another plot device. #QandElliotForever

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, vavera4ka said:

I don't think I've ever been so happy to see an OTP mapping on the show before. If the show screws me over and it's not the OTP I'll go ballistic. I loved Elliot and Q back when they lived 50 years together but i thought it was just a plot device that basically furthered their friendship. But this ending... Oh they better be going there. It will be too cruel for them to dangle this idea and just bury it as another plot device. #QandElliotForever

HA and JR are very articulate about what they think those 50 years meant to their characters.

I am somewhat amazed the actors have given such thought to it but this is clearly to them the most important relationship in which their respective characters are involved. I honestly sort of blew right past it bc of all the plot plot plot.

I also have to point out on rewatch what a fantastic job I think JR does as Quentin. He has imbuednrhe character with an essential sweetness that is lovely.

So many amazing actors on this show and really interesting characters.

Edited by chrisvee
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Q is primarily straight,

Seems pretty obvious to me that Q is bisexual (even Elliot is slightly bisexual), not straight. Relatedly, when I watched "A life in a day", to my eyes (to my heart), Quinton and Elliot where lovers, then they added Arielle creating a triad. Just like bisexuality is real, polyamory is also very real.

• Love 9

It sounds like I'm in the minority on this, but I am so tired of this "the monster is in Elliot" plot. End the damn thing already, put magic back & come up with something interesting. Even Margo is boring me, so they really need to move this along.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, diebartdie said:

Seems pretty obvious to me that Q is bisexual (even Elliot is slightly bisexual), not straight. Relatedly, when I watched "A life in a day", to my eyes (to my heart), Quinton and Elliot where lovers, then they added Arielle creating a triad. Just like bisexuality is real, polyamory is also very real.

I thought that too. Although I wasn’t sure if it was fully sexual as well as romantic. 

I need to go read the ep discussion for LitD. I’m not 100% sure that I ever fully understood what those scenes were telling us — El seemed to push Q away after their sexual encounter and then they had that argument about ‘live your life here you know what I mean’ then Arielle joins them. I was also struck that the son didn’t hug El (when he left) who of course parented him twice as long as Arielle since she died when he was about five. The directing choice there annoyed me since it implied to me that he was Q’s son not El’s too.

HA and JR have mentioned in interviews that the scenes are longer which gave the actors much more understanding of the relationship. So I think there was MORE fullness to the relationship and that the montage required us to read between lines.

But tying it back to this ep, it seems perhaps El did a bit of the same thing — Q made the first move but El withheld a bit from him to protect himself.

Edited by chrisvee
  • Love 1

I like to use the word fluid for Quentin because I don't think he is attracted to men. Just Eliot and it's more about the person there not the sex. Here's what they said in this ep:

E: I know you and I know you're not..

Q: What does it matter?

E: Don't be naive, it matters.

So even though Eliot pushed Q away mostly because he was scared, I think this is a concern for him too. I hope the show does explore this because it's something you don't see on TV often. The only other instance I can think of is Jack and Ianto on Torchwood. There may be others but I don't watch all the shows so I don't know.

Anyway, feel free to disagree with me, this is just the way I see it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, festivus said:

I like to use the word fluid for Quentin because I don't think he is attracted to men. Just Eliot and it's more about the person there not the sex. Here's what they said in this ep:

E: I know you and I know you're not..

Q: What does it matter?

E: Don't be naive, it matters.

So even though Eliot pushed Q away mostly because he was scared, I think this is a concern for him too. I hope the show does explore this because it's something you don't see on TV often. The only other instance I can think of is Jack and Ianto on Torchwood. There may be others but I don't watch all the shows so I don't know.

Anyway, feel free to disagree with me, this is just the way I see it. 

I don't disagree with you, and it's a good point. But it makes me think of a line in a book I just finished: 2 women at the beginning of a relationship and the first one says she's never been in a girl-girl relationship before and the second one says " it's not a girl-girl thing it's a me-you thing and that's completely different ". That's the kind of vibe I get, it's an Elliot-Quentin thing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, chrisvee said:

I love what HA said about Queliot: there is friendship, there is romance, there is soul connection, there is sexual fluidity.

Hey, if you feel like it can you point me towards some of the interviews you've read? I think that if the actors are discussing it then this probably is something the show is going to explore.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Seems to me that Alice needs to learn that she just can't do what she thinks is best, for her and/or others.  She needs to learn that you have to discuss things with people and if everyone else believes another way is better, you have to go along with that (and yes, maybe you'll say "I told you so" later, but then everyone shares the blame).  Alice has to learn that she isn't the judge and jury for all things.  Her actions, betraying everyone, but especially Q because he pretty much vouched for her, is going to take a very long time to overcome, if ever.

Its hard to see where she goes from her, I guess to Brakebills, since she has to work off or with someone else, scenes of just Alice would really be boring.  

But I'm more than happy if Alice and Q never get back together, I'd much rather see Q and Elliot reunite.  

I have to think we haven't seen the end of Plover.  

• Love 4
On 2/21/2019 at 4:24 AM, Luckylyn said:

Still I feel awful for how things have eroded so badly between Alice and  Quentin.  I get how he feels betrayed by her actions in the last season’s finale and how he’s in a dark mindset because of the loss of his father and the situation with Elliot.  I just feel so awful for Alice despite her mistakes she does really want to do good.  I do think that Alice too isolated and needs to forge stronger connections to others in the main group.  

I mean Alice fucked up ROYALLY. Had she not destroyed the keys, Julia wouldn't have had to give up her godhood and she could have protected them from the library and probably gotten them out of there before all the monster-shenanigans. That's gonna take a few decades to buff out.

On 2/21/2019 at 7:55 AM, AnimeMania said:

Isn't Eliot married? Quentin you castlewrecker!

Yeah but kings and queens of Fillory get one of each, a husband and a wife. 😉

22 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I had understood it as having settled down to a platonic relationship, even though they certainly loved each other dearly, but you are right that this episode gives the impression that it may have become more after Arielle's death. I hadn't really thought about it. 

Nah, those two banged... a lot.

On 2/21/2019 at 9:16 PM, iMonrey said:

Yes, but he was High King at that time and now he isn't. So I'm not sure if that still applies. 

He is still a king of Fillory though, isn't he? Pretty sure this law applies to all kings and queens of Fillory, not just the high king.

19 hours ago, diebartdie said:

I thought they only got together after Arielle died. Would have to rewatch it.

Edited by Miles
  • Love 3
On 2/21/2019 at 10:30 AM, festivus said:

Oh and I'm glad Iris is dead just because whenever they said her name I would think of Irene and it was confusing me dammit.

And this is why we have Margot instead of Janet.  🙂

Edited by toolazy
22 hours ago, AuntieMame said:

Oh poor Q and Elliot in their love scene. It was brilliant though. This show gets complex emotions right. It even manages to look at the intersection of individual emotion and socially conditioned behavior. All while being entertaining and funny. The Magicians is setting the writing bar higher than it knows. 

I wanted Shoshana to stay longer too. I hated it that she sacrificed herself. And I loved that we had an actress that wasn’t skeletal. Speaking of which, it looks like Julia only weighs about 85 pounds. Seriously, do we really want to normalize our eye so that a normal grown woman weighs less than a twelve year old? I like pretty, I do, but I know we could like pretty that was a little more normal in terms of size. 

I know normal women who are just naturally tiny.  Body-shaming people for being thin is as obnoxious as body-shaming them for being fat. 

• Love 5
On 2/21/2019 at 8:23 AM, Luckylyn said:

There was a time I hated Julia and now I enjoy her. I remember when she betrayed the group to fulfill her own agenda for revenge and how the group hated her initially. Now Julia is a trusted ally. Alice can be redeemed and the group has shown with the Julia example that they can be forgiving. Alice can be impatient but she needs to stop pushing for forgiveness and give Q time. She also needs to open herself up to other people so that Q isn’t her only important relationship.

Alice has always felt a bit immature and this is one of those times. You can't force trust or forgiveness. Even saving Q seemed to have the underlying motive of forgiveness. She kept pushing when she needed to let it be.

23 hours ago, diebartdie said:

Agree. Q hooked up with Eliot and Margo before that episode. I feel like that is enough to establish the character is bi. I hate the talk of him being mostly straight or actually straight, etc. We have seen him in relationships with women and with Eliot. I remember a lot of discussion at the time of whether it was polyamory and it seemed pretty clear to me that it was at least something in that neighborhood. 

12 hours ago, chrisvee said:

I love what HA said about Queliot: there is friendship, there is romance, there is soul connection, there is sexual fluidity.

They are really good together. So much chemistry. I was actually hoping for A Life in the Day to reassert itself when Eliot resurfaced. I thought watching the monster with Q was hard in part because of their relationship otherwise. 

I love Margo. I am a Margo when it comes to the sad stuff. Working so I don't have to be sad. I loved the Fillorian silliness as usual. 

I figured we would lose Shoshanna but I did enjoy her while it lasted. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, toolazy said:

I know normal women who are just naturally tiny.  Body-shaming people for being thin is as obnoxious as body-shaming them for being fat. 

I agree with you. Stella is tiny, I think she's only 5'1. When I was her age I weighed around 115 but I'm half a foot taller than she is. I got body shamed for being so skinny even though it was my natural weight. She looks healthy to me.

• Love 2