Type keyword(s) to search

Season 15: Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, valen said:

LOL. No. I go all the way back to TWOP. I had some trouble when the board switched to primetimer from previouslytv, but I've been here a looooong time. 

Omg i loved that board so much !! The good old days 🙂

• Love 9
19 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Who was that great recapper? I would C&P her entire 10 page recaps of TB and Survivor and print them out to read on the train on my way to work when I was in my late 20s. Good memories. 🙂

• Love 9

"Who was that great recapper?" I miss recaps. I loved the recaps. Was not happy when they went to video and now IDK what they are. I only tend to hang out in the forum now. I go to Sharleen for my recaps and here for my spoilers since I can't watch this crap without knowing how it's going to end...or in this season's case that it is going to end. This one does seem inordinately long.

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, Bethanne said:

Who was that great recapper? I would C&P her entire 10 page recaps of TB and Survivor and print them out to read on the train on my way to work when I was in my late 20s. Good memories. 🙂

Miss Alli, aka Linda Holmes, is who you’re thinking of, I bet.  She just released a novel. 

• Love 3
On 7/19/2019 at 2:45 PM, Mabinogia said:

"Who was that great recapper?" I miss recaps. I loved the recaps. Was not happy when they went to video and now IDK what they are. I only tend to hang out in the forum now. I go to Sharleen for my recaps and here for my spoilers since I can't watch this crap without knowing how it's going to end...or in this season's case that it is going to end. This one does seem inordinately long.

yes and then they went to podcasts, so annoying. never listened to one of them--such a bummer.

• Love 6
(edited)

I guess we discuss previews here?

Why/how does Hannah fall? Was that her FRC dress? She’s not my favorite, but I felt bad for her watching that. And she’s going to have to sit there Monday and watch “the happiest day of her life” (or so she thought) in front of all the audience and TV viewers, then have to face that cheater.  Definitely not a happily ever after moment. 

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 2
(edited)

The only thing I was mildly interested in last night was the preview for next week's finale and seeing it just once again further convinced me that Hannah didn't pick anyone. I know what Reality Steve is saying and yes it's very likely I end up completely wrong but something about all of this just isn't adding up. 

The only hint of a FRC we've had from all the promos was back when the season first started, the first official promo that showed a shot of Hannah standing on what looked like a castle moat with a rose in her hand. Since then we've been shown a shot of a rose table with a single rose on it with no one around.

We've seen no shot of any guy's legs, hand, arm, etc. heading to the FRC, just nothing. And just so many other things that make me think Reality Steve may have been fed some bullshit and Hannah never picked anyone. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Why/how does Hannah fall? Was that her FRC dress? She’s not my favorite, but I felt bad for her watching that. And she’s going to have to sit there Monday and watch “the happiest day of her life” (or so she thought) in front of all the audience and TV viewers, then have to face that cheater.  Definitely not a happily ever after moment. 

I turned TMTA off after the first 20 minutes, couldn't take it any more and I won't read the thread either. Too ugly in every way. I just want this Most Horrible Season Ever to be over. I am intrigued by Hannah falling though, I'm all in for that. I don't even care if lightning strikes me for thinking evilly, I'm nowhere near the nasty person Hannah is.

As for her having to sit there and face "that cheater," heck, "cheater" describes pretty much all of her final guys (except Luke, imagine that!) from what I've read. I'm all about that, too. It's Shower Jesus Karma kicking *ss, and that I will DEF watch.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

So do we think that they will bring Luke back for ATFR? 😨

That would be the Most Hilarious Season Ever if Luke came back with his ring, proposed to Hannah after Peter, Jed and Tyler get sent packing for being liars and cheaters, and Hannah says yes to Luke. Then the two love bugs get to be on Jimmy Kimmel that night, and on the cover of People magazine! Best Season Ending EVAH!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

What if RS was right the first time and Tyler is F1? And they sent him this Jed spoiler so they could drum up more interest for the show... cue people magazine article drop the same day RS changed the spoiler.  The article from people, which has ties to the show, the same day RS changed the spoiler has always been suspicious to me.  If feels like TPTB were in on this Haley storyline.  they also did nothing to protect Jed like they did other F1s like Garrett.  They threw Jed to the woods very quickly.

And there has really been no evidence of Hannah with Jed post filming.  I know RS says they filmed a break up but someone could be feeling him bs.  I don't think he's hinted at having any photo evidence. We he switched the spoiler all he said was the evidence he had re Jed being F1 was stronger than whatever he had for Tyler.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

What if RS was right the first time and Tyler is F1? And they sent him this Jed spoiler so they could drum up more interest for the show... cue people magazine article drop the same day RS changed the spoiler.  The article from people, which has ties to the show, the same day RS changed the spoiler has always been suspicious to me.  If feels like TPTB were in on this Haley storyline.  they also did nothing to protect Jed like they did other F1s like Garrett.  They threw Jed to the woods very quickly.

And there has really been no evidence of Hannah with Jed post filming.  I know RS says they filmed a break up but someone could be feeling him bs.  I don't think he's hinted at having any photo evidence. We he switched the spoiler all he said was the evidence he had re Jed being F1 was stronger than whatever he had for Tyler.

All of this is actually why I lean towards she picked no one and Reality Steve was fed some bullshit, especially with regard to the bolded. I don't think that the producers were in on the story per se. I just think when they got the heads up this story was breaking, it made sense to feed RS some bullshit that Hannah picked Jed, which would make the whole thing that much more salacious. 

Because think about it, who would really care that Jed, the guy she didn't pick, turned out to be a liar and had a secret girlfriend. She didn't pick him anyway. But having it out there in the spoiler verse that she DID pick him and this story about the ex breaks and suddenly it makes the whole thing that much more salacious and many people more anxious for the ATFR, to see what will happen between them. 

As I said above, I'll likely end up completely wrong and this will all play about exactly as RS says but I for one am still waiting to see any evidence that a FRC even happened on this nutty ass season. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

All of this is actually why I lean towards she picked no one and Reality Steve was fed some bullshit, especially with regard to the bolded. I don't think that the producers were in on the story per se. I just think when they got the heads up this story was breaking, it made sense to feed RS some bullshit that Hannah picked Jed, which would make the whole thing that much more salacious. 

Because think about it, who would really care that Jed, the guy she didn't pick, turned out to be a liar and had a secret girlfriend. She didn't pick him anyway. But having it out there in the spoiler verse that she DID pick him and this story about the ex breaks and suddenly it makes the whole thing that much more salacious and many people more anxious for the ATFR, to see what will happen between them. 

As I said above, I'll likely end up completely wrong and this will all play about exactly as RS says but I for one am still waiting to see any evidence that a FRC even happened on this nutty ass season. 

I’m with you. So we will both be wrong. Lol but it’s kinda of awful if they did this to Hannah and Jed, no? Their lead is already being called stupid over Luke and then they added she chose a dude with a gf on top of that. Plus Jed is getting immense hate and he may not even be engaged! 

What if she let Tyler go before FRC planning on choosing Jed and Jed actually tells her about Haley before the FRC? I honestly can’t see Tyler or Jed getting down on one knee the more I think about it, especially not Jed. I don’t even think Jed can fake a sincere proposal. 

• Love 1

At the last rose ceremony , the only one who said nothing “ gushy” about Hannah was jed- i think he said something like “ having clarity” it made me dislike him more 😞

29 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

OMG!!! I got an email for the travling bachelor show--tickets start at 147$$$$$.crazy!! rather spend my money on a broad way show

Things I'd rather spend my money on than going to the Traveling Bachelor Show aka The We Have Blackmail on Ben Higgins Show:

- going to the dentist and getting a root canal

- Buying a middle seat on a transatlantic flight in basic economy 

- buying a $147 worth of generic hotdogs and only eating them

Anything else?

• LOL 12
  • Love 4

Not sure if this is spoiler-ish at all, so I will put it here.

I listened to a podcast with CH. It was pretty interesting.
I am sure he was just being "a producer" but he strongly said there are 2 sides to every story and we have to let Jed speak. He said he only listened to ET's interview with Haley (right!). Then he mentioned Peter's ex and said that was not as big a deal. He said he investigated himself and knows some things. He definitely insinuated some girls have a hard time getting over a breakup. etc. Chris!! Not nice.I think what he "knows" is that Peter did not apply for the show, but was recruited. 

https://www.theringer.com/2019/7/25/20727232/next-bachelor-paradise-anticipation-with-chris-harrison-lauren-zima

• Love 1

I thought the issue with Peter’s ex is he dumped her for the show after telling her he loved her and wanted to live with her and that he was cheating on her and broke up with her without telling her why.  Not sure how him being recruiting changes anything. A poster on reddit said a friend of a friend dated Peter up until a few weeks before Calee; same story..he wanted to move in with her, said he loved her, then ghosted. Seems like a pattern with him. 

I think CH is just playing neutral because he wants Jed to show up. After the Luke P MTA, I have no doubt they are planning to attack Jed. But he has to pretend to be neutral not to scare Jed from showing up or his agent from pulling him. Mills apparently said on a podcast Jed might not show.

1 hour ago, LBS said:

Things I'd rather spend my money on than going to the Traveling Bachelor Show aka The We Have Blackmail on Ben Higgins Show:

- going to the dentist and getting a root canal

- Buying a middle seat on a transatlantic flight in basic economy 

- buying a $147 worth of generic hotdogs and only eating them

Anything else?

• Setting 147 dollar bills on fire
  • $147 worth of  Kevin James movies

This is fun 🙂 

• LOL 4
10 minutes ago, thehepburn said:

Oh please. Jed is póor. He's definitely going to show. They could always wave more money to make sure he there.

Also he will be happy to have more air time, even if it is negative. Then he can write a crap song about it!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, thehepburn said:

Oh please. Jed is póor. He's definitely going to show. They could always wave more money to make sure he there.

All they have to do is tell him there is a guitar waiting for him. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think they are  contractually obligated to appear on ATFR. I agree with Mabinogia that Jed will appear if he thinks he can promote himself.

This morning, I saw a promo for the finale.  Hannah yells for someone to let her out of the car, and then she is sitting in the street.  That is so dangerous and careless on production's part.

Edited by nittanycougar
(edited)

Not sure where to put this, so here you go. Not a fan of the dress. Or her hair. A soft up do would have been nicer. Gorgeous backdrop though.

hannah frc.jpg

hannah frc2.jpg

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

A soft up do would have been nicer. Gorgeous backdrop though.

I think halter necklines deserve to have hair in a soft up do.  That style really emphasizes the strong shoulder/arm area and to have your hair covering it is a real shame.   Do you read Sharleen's recaps?  She advocates for more updo's all the time.  I think she made me a bit biased against the flowing/wavy long hair as a result.  LOL

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, LBS said:

I think halter necklines deserve to have hair in a soft up do.  That style really emphasizes the strong shoulder/arm area and to have your hair covering it is a real shame.   Do you read Sharleen's recaps?  She advocates for more updo's all the time.  I think she made me a bit biased against the flowing/wavy long hair as a result.  LOL

LOL, yes!! Sharleen was the first person I thought of!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, OnceSane said:

I feel like I'd like the dress better if it fell just below the knee.

I'd like the dress better if it didn't have the same pattern as the quilt on my bed.

6 hours ago, LBS said:

She advocates for more updo's all the time.  I think she made me a bit biased against the flowing/wavy long hair as a result.

Yes to Sharleen. I hate hair that's hanging down all skanky, but that seems to be the trend. I wish more would pay attention to Sharleen.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Stats Queen said:

I may need to find out who Sharleen is (my knowledge of things and people is eclectic and random)

She is the opera singer who was on Juan Pablo's season. JP was smitten with her and probably would have picked her as F1, but she quit because she had nothing in common with him intellectually.

Since then, she's been writing recaps of the show on her blog. They're insightful and entertaining because she's able to catch all the editing shenanigans and shed light on what's happening behind the scenes.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

She is the opera singer who was on Juan Pablo's season. JP was smitten with her and probably would have picked her as F1, but she quit because she had nothing in common with him intellectually.

Since then, she's been writing recaps of the show on her blog. They're insightful and entertaining because she's able to catch all the editing shenanigans and shed light on what's happening behind the scenes.

Thank you. I didn’t start watching the Bachelor franchise until Chris Soules season (and a kept watching 🙀)

On 7/19/2019 at 2:36 PM, Bethanne said:
On 7/18/2019 at 7:33 PM, nlkm9 said:

Who was that great recapper? 

While we’re fondly remembering old boards and recappers, let’s raise our glasses to the great Daniel Drennan of 90210 recap fame.  Miss you, Danny!

• Love 1
18 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Sharleen gave one of the best lines ever on this show. I wish I could find the quote. But the gist of it was, she found Juan Pablo hot and wished she were dumber so she could fit with him.

Those were good times. Funny how I thought the show pretty much sucked then, but compared to today, those were "good times." *sigh*

18 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I didn’t start watching the Bachelor franchise until Chris Soules season (and a kept watching

Wow, good for you for toughing it out after beginning with Soules!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Sharleen gave one of the best lines ever on this show. I wish I could find the quote. But the gist of it was, she found Juan Pablo hot and wished she were dumber so she could fit with him.

And that is the moment Sharleen became my favorite contestant ever. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I never liked Sharleen because she thought she was too good for Juan Pablo's Bachelor show and better than everyone else--including Juan Pablo--because she was an "opera singer."  Big whoop, Sharlene.  Also, she knew who JP was before going on the show, I'm sure she saw him when he was on the Bachelorette.  If she thought he was that dim, she shouldn't have gone his Bachelor show.  But like all reality show famewhores, she went on it for the publicity and now I guess she's got it with her blog. 

• Love 3

I’m torn because I always love an updo, but in my youth male extended family and friends would talk about how much they hated updos and they never understood why women with long hair wouldn’t leave their hair down and flowing.  Those voices still play in my head in times like these.

3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Also, she knew who JP was before going on the show, I'm sure she saw him when he was on the Bachelorette.  If she thought he was that dim, she shouldn't have gone his Bachelor show.

To be fair, Juan Pablo got almost no screen time during Desiree's Bachelorette season. The show played up how hot Desiree thought he was, but we never even saw a conversation between the two of them, and he was eliminated relatively early. The viewing audience didn't know how dim (and homophobic, and misogynistic) he was until his Bachelor season.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, chocolatine said:

To be fair, Juan Pablo got almost no screen time during Desiree's Bachelorette season. The show played up how hot Desiree thought he was, but we never even saw a conversation between the two of them, and he was eliminated relatively early. The viewing audience didn't know how dim (and homophobic, and misogynistic) he was until his Bachelor season.

Actually, he got enough screen time that he was considered popular, which is how he became The Bachelor.  I remember reading posts about him and he was considered hot and likable, maybe not the sharpest knife in the drawer.  I watched his Bachelor season and I didn't see any homophobic, misogynistic stuff, I just saw someone who was honest about why he wanted to be on the show, and it clearly wasn't to find a wife.  Now, I'm not on any social media platforms so I don't know anything about his tweets, etc.  So I maintain the opinion that Miss Sharleen knew enough about him before she went on the Bachelor to know that he wasn't her type, he was too "lowbrow" for her.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Actually, he got enough screen time that he was considered popular, which is how he became The Bachelor.  I remember reading posts about him and he was considered hot and likable, maybe not the sharpest knife in the drawer.  I watched his Bachelor season and I didn't see any homophobic, misogynistic stuff, I just saw someone who was honest about why he wanted to be on the show, and it clearly wasn't to find a wife.  Now, I'm not on any social media platforms so I don't know anything about his tweets, etc.  So I maintain the opinion that Miss Sharleen knew enough about him before she went on the Bachelor to know that he wasn't her type, he was too "lowbrow" for her.  

Most of the contestants don’t know who the lead is when they audition, certainly not when they start the process.   

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Most of the contestants don’t know who the lead is when they audition, certainly not when they start the process.   

Once she found out it was JP, she could have bailed.  I'm pretty sure they know at least the night before, lol.   

Seriously though, I imagine there are contestants on the Bachelor/ette franchise who, like Sharleen, hope like hell that they aren't chosen because they don't like the lead for whatever reason.  I do believe there's a graceful way to handle it, accept the "proposal" on tv, then break up once the show is over.  But Miss Sharleen acted like JP was a troglodyte and she was being held captive in his cave.       

30 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I do believe there's a graceful way to handle it, accept the "proposal" on tv, then break up once the show is over. 

Or eliminate yourself if you're not feeling the lead versus faking an engagement, which is exactly what Sharleen did. I have far more respect for any of the contestants who realized this wasn't going to work for them and chose to leave.

It's why I never understood all the hate Brooks got for eliminating himself and in the end he did Des a favor because her clueless self would have picked him and that would have been disaster. 

• Love 9
(edited)
12 hours ago, chocolatine said:

To be fair, Juan Pablo got almost no screen time during Desiree's Bachelorette season.

He got as much screen time as anyone else (well, except the final guys). I remember he played soccer with some "street kids" on a date with the b-ette, and he had the most fabulous legs. There also was an after-credits clip with him as the focus, the other guys trying to get him to pronounce some English words, this during some Wild West date. Best ending clip ever. Yeah, JP was good looking, with great legs, and funny, plus seemed fun to be with.

I don't think Sharleen ragged on JP or felt she was superior to him in any way, and her occupation had nothing to do with her intellect IMO. JP liked her because she was more cosmopolitan, worldly, European, like him (I mean that in a good way) so he felt more comfortable with her, like she could understand him better than the other b-ettes could. But after spending time with him, she realized they did not match intellectually, so she signed off, much to his regret.

I don't blame her for that. Any guy who can't keep up with me watching Jeopardy or can't discuss world politics or know what's going on in the universe or shows no interested in anything other than football and steak and potatoes for dinner is gone from my life too. Great legs and handsome face are nothing without the smarts. And I'm no opera singer.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 6