Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

If the girls who were cut during TC were smart, they would not try out again. Dayton was smart and saw the writing on the wall, and she went on to something much more rewarding than being a DCC. I wish the other girls would take note and do the same thing.

2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Didn't Heather confirm she was auditioning during her podcast with KaShara and Christina (co-host sub for Shannon)?

Yes she has confirmed it! I wasn’t expecting it with heather/maggie/kashara all leaving, but I hope this means she’s made progress with kelli this season and she is coming back as a senior vet, GL and part of the triangle.

• Love 5
On 3/30/2019 at 5:02 PM, scorpio1031 said:

No kidding!!!  I feel there was an attempt to "ignore" the fact he tried out.  I've mentioned before that no matter how many podcasts, shows, etc that Melissa R did, she never said anything about it.  Even when the hosts brought up the LA Rams.  K&J are so eager to bring up there are girls from every other country trying out and they can't even acknowledge they are making history - emphasis on HIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Texas.

• Love 2
(edited)

People have no imagination. How fabulous would it be to see him as point with 35 goddesses behind him. If the DC organization wants exposure, this is how you do it.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 13
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Piscesmama4 said:

YESSSSS!!! He's amazing!

It's taking all my will NOT to compare him to some of the hot messes I've seen in TCC these past 3 years.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

Didn't Heather confirm she was auditioning during her podcast with KaShara and Christina (co-host sub for Shannon)?

Yes she did she was actually going back and forth on rather to come back or not 

(edited)

I always like to look through the prior year's finalists and speculate on who will try out again. Whelp, we can strike Joi Smith off the list (finalist 2017 and 2018). She auditioned for the Chiefs this year and made the team.

(Side note, the Chiefs also had a guy audition this year. He's #71 in their semifinalist gallery. He didn't make it to finals.)

1213483338_CelindaBriRobinJoiChantel20170513_dcc_finals_second_half_all_jj24729.thumb.jpg.e4ee2241361938bf8cadb2f260e43e2c.jpg

19998513_JoiSmith.thumb.gif.b94a82d2d45ce7a3401def88d3e18777.gif

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Kayce said:

After not being chosen for group leader last year, and Heather stating how hard it was watching her best friend get cut (little Heather) I would almost put her retiring before Yuko or Lauren.  But that's just my opinion 😉 I hope all three of these are back though...because I enjoy all three of them!! 

Heather said on the podcast that she is reauditioning. She doesn't feel like she's done yet.

• Love 1

I really hope Brianna Arredondo reauditions.  She was on the Spurs Silver Dancers for 4 years or so and I think she was a captain towards the end.  She auditioned last year and didn't make it past finals (but they also stuck her next to someone who was a good six inches to a foot taller than she was so the height differential really impacted her kick-line).  Brianna's currently dancing with the Dallas Stars Ice Girls (the same team that Megan F. and Kaime danced for among others).

Here are some videos of her dancing:

This one, she's pretty much featured (she's the one at the "point" of the triangle at the start of the video) and the camera stays on her for nearly the entire video

Another video of her dancing.  She starts off at the front to our right.

And my favorite video of the Spurs Dancers is the following:

Brianna's not "featured" in this one, but all three are various styles of dance and she's pretty good in all of them.

4 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I really hope Brianna Arredondo reauditions.  She was on the Spurs Silver Dancers for 4 years or so and I think she was a captain towards the end.  She auditioned last year and didn't make it past finals (but they also stuck her next to someone who was a good six inches to a foot taller than she was so the height differential really impacted her kick-line).  Brianna's currently dancing with the Dallas Stars Ice Girls (the same team that Megan F. and Kaime danced for among others).

Here are some videos of her dancing:

This one, she's pretty much featured (she's the one at the "point" of the triangle at the start of the video) and the camera stays on her for nearly the entire video

Another video of her dancing.  She starts off at the front to our right.

And my favorite video of the Spurs Dancers is the following:

Brianna's not "featured" in this one, but all three are various styles of dance and she's pretty good in all of them.

She’s a Dallas Stars ice girl I hope she comes to try out again for the dcc

On 3/30/2019 at 3:53 PM, Roo22 said:

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I think the idea of a man being a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader is silly. There are so many factors that would make this situation uncomfortable. Uniforms, calendar shoot, etc. Let's be honest, one of the major purposes of the DCC is to be eye candy for the male Cowboys fans. Obviously, the people on this board are interested in their talent. But before this TV show existed, people weren't as interested in their dancing ability as they are now. I think we all know Charlotte would never let a man make the team anyway, so there's probably no point in even discussing this. But if this guy is just trying to prove a point that a man should be able to be a DCC, I find that a little silly. He has to know it's never going to happen. He's clearly a great entertainer. Why not try out for DCRB?

Inclusion and equanimity in general is not an NFL value.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

It's taking all my will NOT to compare him to some of the hot messes I've seen in TCC these past 3 years.

Now HE is someone I would not want to dance next to- or whatever delusional comment Charlotte made.  He’s amazing and talented and fun to watch, definitely got my vote for point!

• Love 3

I can hear K & J say Not in my time would we have a man. It is not tradition . I am sure they fear old school alumni being up in arms, some leaving the association, bad publicity. Plus K will say we already have a group that better showcases the men.

• Love 2

I love and agree with everything you wrote here.  I have been following him for a couple of years and I adore him.  He is so entertaining and his kicks and splits are better than 90% of the DCC girls.  He is always so supportive of all the girls on all of the teams in Dallas.  He goes to all of the different auditions a waits to see who makes the team and hugs them all.  He not only goes to DCC prep classes he goes to Mavs prep classes and lots of dance classes in Dallas.  He loves to dance.  He was in the Mavs Christmas dance at the American Airline Center last year and he the only one anyone watched.  Yes he is very entertaining.  He tried out of DCRB last year and I think he made it to finals.  I was really hoping he would make that team.  

To quote you, he is kick ass, and doesn’t need a DCC Star on a vest to prove that. 

• Love 18
27 minutes ago, Stee said:

There are two points being made here: one is that Kelli would never have a man on the team based on tradition, and truthfully because Dallas is pretty conservative and the fans even moreso. I have my own opinions about this, but I live in New York and I’m a gay male so I don’t expect to share the same perspective as Kelli and Charlotte. 

The second point is the one to note: they don’t even ACKNOWLEDGE that a guy has tried out, and one who has gone to prep classes and is friends with many of the candidates. This is the point that disappoints me. They spend countless segments on bad dancers, bad bodies, bad hair, humiliating falls, etc. so why not carve out 2 minutes to showcase someone who has worked harder than VK or anyone by taking prep classes and just happens to be a guy. And a black guy at that. 

Based on all of the positive and supportive feedback on this message board, and how much the fans LOVE Marshall, I am sure that guy would have the most fans and be revered. But again, maybe that’s not that Charlotte, Kelli and Judy want. I do hope he reads this board and sees how loved he is - he is kick ass, and doesn’t need a DCC Star on a vest to prove that. 

Clapping like a mad fiend on this end.  THANK YOU!!! 👏👏👏

• Love 8
1 minute ago, 5678Pixie said:

I love and agree with everything you wrote here.  I have been following him for a couple of years and I adore him.  He is so entertaining and his kicks and splits are better than 90% of the DCC girls.  He is always so supportive of all the girls on all of the teams in Dallas.  He goes to all of the different auditions a waits to see who makes the team and hugs them all.  He not only goes to DCC prep classes he goes to Mavs prep classes and lots of dance classes in Dallas.  He loves to dance.  He was in the Mavs Christmas dance at the American Airline Center last year and he the only one anyone watched.  Yes he is very entertaining.  He tried out of DCRB last year and I think he made it to finals.  I was really hoping he would make that team.  

To quote you, he is kick ass, and doesn’t need a DCC Star on a vest to prove that. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

The only was he would be shown on the show if CMT, Kelli and Charlotte thought he would bring in more viewers, more money, and if he would show the DCC Organization in a good light.

It would  bring more viewers, more money and it would make the organization look good in my humble opinion but you know Charlotte would not agree with me on this so end of story.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Stee said:

There are two points being made here: one is that Kelli would never have a man on the team based on tradition, and truthfully because Dallas is pretty conservative and the fans even moreso. I have my own opinions about this, but I live in New York and I’m a gay male so I don’t expect to share the same perspective as Kelli and Charlotte. 

The second point is the one to note: they don’t even ACKNOWLEDGE that a guy has tried out, and one who has gone to prep classes and is friends with many of the candidates. This is the point that disappoints me. They spend countless segments on bad dancers, bad bodies, bad hair, humiliating falls, etc. so why not carve out 2 minutes to showcase someone who has worked harder than VK or anyone by taking prep classes and just happens to be a guy. And a black guy at that. 

Based on all of the positive and supportive feedback on this message board, and how much the fans LOVE Marshall, I am sure that guy would have the most fans and be revered. But again, maybe that’s not that Charlotte, Kelli and Judy want. I do hope he reads this board and sees how loved he is - he is kick ass, and doesn’t need a DCC Star on a vest to prove that. 

Honestly, I think those of us on this board would vote that guy in in a heartbeat!  But I don't think we represent the fans.  Apparently, we don't even represent all "boards" because I am in a couple of those FB groups, and those people love VK!  SMH......

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Opine said:

Honestly, I think those of us on this board would vote that guy in in a heartbeat!  But I don't think we represent the fans.  Apparently, we don't even represent all "boards" because I am in a couple of those FB groups, and those people love VK!  SMH......

That might be why they don't feature him, they know the people who watch the show will love him. They don't want to deal with fall out for not advancing him. Easier for them to not show him at all than risk him gaining a large, vocal group of supporters 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, go4luca said:

Yes, Heather confirmed on the PodCast that she is returning.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, J-R said:

Yep, that's why I brought it up since so many seemed unsure.  Thanks to everyone who answered! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, J-R said:

Does anyone know why Kelli is mad at Heather?  Does Kelli get over being mad at a girl or does she hold on to it?  The reason I ask is because I really think Heather should be point.  

• Love 3
18 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Ummm. This guy for POINT!

Ummm YES!  He moves better than most of the girls!! 🙂

26 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Does anyone know why Kelli is mad at Heather?  Does Kelli get over being mad at a girl or does she hold on to it?  The reason I ask is because I really think Heather should be point.  

If she stays, then I wouldn't mind her at point at all...she is awesome!  She also needs to be a GL,  If she doesn't stay then everyone knows how I feel...from months ago...Khalyn for point 🙂

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Stee said:

YES!!! What  you just said!!!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Stee said:

Thank you for your eloquent response. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

If she stays, then I wouldn't mind her at point at all...she is awesome!  She also needs to be a GL,  If she doesn't stay then everyone knows how I feel...from months ago...Khalyn for point 🙂

I wanted Khalyn as point from day one, too. I would love to see Heather as point but she needs more power and pop. IMO. If Heather is point and they put Gina in the triangle, their dance moves, side by side, will not look congruent. 

• Love 6
(edited)
21 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I always like to look through the prior year's finalists and speculate on who will try out again. Whelp, we can strike Joi Smith off the list (finalist 2017 and 2018). She auditioned for the Chiefs this year and made the team.

(Side note, the Chiefs also had a guy audition this year. He's #71 in their semifinalist gallery. He didn't make it to finals.) 

Also take Maddie Dillon off the list; she's now on the Texas Revs Dancers. She was a finalist in 2017.

18342640_1676957398988868_15477773174156

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

5 hours ago, Kayce said:

I’m so glad I’m not the only fan! 🙂 #heatherforpoint

Khalyn is awesome as well but I have a feeling she will retire. We’ve heard all rookies are re-auditioning and we still don’t know which 7 vets are retiring, so I think khalyn is one of them. Even if she returns, since she had been injured a lot I think she will either move to gina’s spot or stay behind point.

• Love 3
On 3/30/2019 at 6:27 PM, go4luca said:

I do too.  I know they won't bring him into TC.  But after watching how he supported all the girls auditioning last year (whether they made it or not), it would be cool to at least acknowledge him.  Plus he's good.  I'd rather see him than the lost girls who can't dance or the fact someone peed on the floor.

I actually enjoy watching him dance! He has really long limbs, and his turns are really pretty. Now I know we will never see a male DCC, but he’s such a great dancer! 

• Love 3
On 3/23/2019 at 2:24 PM, scorpio1031 said:

LOL!!

I posted on this thread cause they all plan on auditioning.  They look good, and I can understand the comment made by the poster on VK's account about arms.  When you see the vets dance to this, you see those subtle differences.  On the other hand, if they don't know how to pick up a dance by now, that can be a problem.

I personally think VK looks better at this dance than the vets!!! Some of them are lacking energy, and a few seem to not know the choreography as well. VK just looks like she is having fun!!!

• Love 1
On 4/2/2019 at 9:33 AM, go4luca said:

Clapping like a mad fiend on this end.  THANK YOU!!! 👏👏👏

I do agree that they should have at least featured him on the show because he is crazy talented. However, even though

I'm going to catch some flack for this, I am not a fan of male NFL cheerleaders unless it's a squad like Baltimore that has

stunt teams. I am all about inclusion etc., but some things just work the way they are, whether it's all female or all male. 

Just like I'm all for powerful women etc., but I still like to have the door held open for me and get flowers. 

• Love 10
On 4/1/2019 at 2:45 PM, bigskygirl said:

If the girls who were cut during TC were smart, they would not try out again. Dayton was smart and saw the writing on the wall, and she went on to something much more rewarding than being a DCC. I wish the other girls would take note and do the same thing.

It doesn't help when TCC comebacks are glorified .... e.g. Brennan & Christina.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 4/1/2019 at 7:33 PM, TexasBorn said:

Ummm. This guy for POINT!

I had no idea he has auditioned before. They sure keep certain things real quiet

Edited by Cruisegirl
  • Love 1
On 3/31/2019 at 4:33 PM, bigskygirl said:

I think Seasons 2, 3 (even with Cassie in the rookie group,) and 4 had the most talented group of rookies.

For me, Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte cutting the five one year vets in Season 7 to bring in Carla Ann instead of TC makes me think there is something wrong. I cannot believe they actually thought Carla Ann had the potential to a better DCC over someone like Alyssa Torres. Then of course is Season 3 where five vets were cut at finals, and they actually thought Kathryn Dunn could make a better DCC over the five cut vets. And lets not forget Season 8 where three one year vets were cut, and they put Morgan and Kaitlyn L. on to the team. What were they thinking. It blows my mind when they seem to think male appeal, a girl has a different look, or I like her more than I like the other girls as a reason to bring a girl into TC or put her on the squad.

I think too often Kelli picks girls for looks over ability, like Kathryn Dunn or that Loni in season 2, I think, who couldn't kick at all but even was put in front of the squad photo. There was something really fishy about that. There was a really strong dancer maybe 2 years ago (?) from Louisiana I think and they didn't take her because they didn't like her looks. She wasn't homely. Looks could have been improved with a makeover. And I also hate the way they edit the show so that you can't see what's really happening. We hardly saw any closeups or extended shots of VKs dancing last year but we heard Kelli and Kitty say she deserved to be on the team. Just like in previous seasons when Judi says someone is getting stuff wrong but you rarely see them getting it wrong. The girl seems to be in step with everyone around her when we see the dances. You only have Judi's word that she's screwing up. They try to manipulate the viewers with their dialogue but they don't give us visual proof to back up their statements. 

• Love 5
On 4/2/2019 at 3:49 PM, TexasBorn said:

I wanted Khalyn as point from day one, too. I would love to see Heather as point but she needs more power and pop. IMO. If Heather is point and they put Gina in the triangle, their dance moves, side by side, will not look congruent. 

Agreed....Heather is very fluid...whereas Gina is not...she is all sharp edges, angles and over the top pop (she's distracting to me).  I think Gina is an awesome dancer...but she is going to be very distracting to anybody she might be in the triangle with.  I think she's in a perfect position where she is.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

I think too often Kelli picks girls for looks over ability, like Kathryn Dunn or that Loni in season 2, I think, who couldn't kick at all but even was put in front of the squad photo. There was something really fishy about that. There was a really strong dancer maybe 2 years ago (?) from Louisiana I think and they didn't take her because they didn't like her looks. She wasn't homely. Looks could have been improved with a makeover. And I also hate the way they edit the show so that you can't see what's really happening. We hardly saw any closeups or extended shots of VKs dancing last year but we heard Kelli and Kitty say she deserved to be on the team. Just like in previous seasons when Judi says someone is getting stuff wrong but you rarely see them getting it wrong. The girl seems to be in step with everyone around her when we see the dances. You only have Judi's word that she's screwing up. They try to manipulate the viewers with their dialogue but they don't give us visual proof to back up their statements. 

That was Kaitlin...she was an LSU standout...would have been AWESOME as a DCC.  She would have been a makeover dream!  She had kicks to her nose (rivaling Lacey and Holly), tall and slender,  and was a beautiful dancer.  

• Love 15
On 4/2/2019 at 8:12 PM, dreamcatcher said:

I’m so glad I’m not the only fan! 🙂 #heatherforpoint

Khalyn is awesome as well but I have a feeling she will retire. We’ve heard all rookies are re-auditioning and we still don’t know which 7 vets are retiring, so I think khalyn is one of them. Even if she returns, since she had been injured a lot I think she will either move to gina’s spot or stay behind point.

If she stays another season, it's very likely she will stay where she's at.  I will still keep my hopes up that she stays injury free, returns and gets point.  That being said, how did we find out 7 people weren't returning ?  I have been off of the forum since december so I'm behind. 🙂

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Kayce said:

If she stays another season, it's very likely she will stay where she's at.  I will still keep my hopes up that she stays injury free, returns and gets point.  That being said, how did we find out 7 people weren't returning ?  I have been off of the forum since december so I'm behind. 🙂

Someone in a podcast gave a returning number that was minus 7 from the squad now which includes Lacey and Kash probably.

17 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

It doesn't help when TCC comebacks are glorified .... e.g. Brennan & Christina.

And I’m not crazy about either of them...I know a lot here just LOVE Brennan but I just never did.  Christina..ugh..it’s like her teeth are too big for her mouth...I didn’t like her the first time she got cut and I don’t like her now.  Each to their own though.  I’d love to see a guy try out and at least be acknowledged.  He could have beat Brennan and Christina!

• Love 4

Hi everyone. I am shamefully behind the current status of all things DCC, which is a true sin, SORRY. (life is not behaving as it was told to-geez). Can someone give me a quick rundown as its know at least for now?

• Is there a season 14 expected? Guessing not.
  • Who is thought to be retiring?  
  •  Status of VK universe either one, reality-vs-alternate reality. Is she at least in shape and showing signs of more humility? I really hope so, so I can cheer her on instead of a repeat sadness. Any signs of lessons learned or a big ole-NOPE.
  •   Top hopefuls to pull for?
  • Did any tryout, bikini shoot dates change/finalize?
  • Big events I should apologize to fellow fans here for missing? I repent of all my neglectful DCC sins. I seek your forgiveness and mercy pretty please. Oh and thanks in advance. Feel free to PM if that is easier. Just trying to catch up.
  • Love 1

No word on Season 14. They probably will make an announcement sometime next month.

Possibly seven girls are leaving. KaShara and Lacey have said they are retiring.

No idea about VK. I hope she does not  try out again, but she probably will.

I think the girls who were cut last year should not try out again. They are better off trying out for other squads in my opinion.

Swimsuit calendar shoot will probably be sometime next month. I think the End of the Year Banquet is tonight. No idea when swimsuit fittings will be. Auditions start on May 18th.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

No word on Season 14. They probably will make an announcement sometime next month.

Possibly seven girls are leaving. KaShara and Lacey have said they are retiring.

I think the girls who were cut last year should not try out again. They are better off trying out for other squads in my opinion.

Swimsuit calendar shoot will probably be sometime next month. I think the End of the Year Banquet is tonight. No idea when swimsuit fittings will be. Auditions start on May 18th.

Calendar is at the end of this month 

• Love 1

Let the hate begin...but I would like to see Lily, Victoria and Jasmin audition again.  I know so many people hated on Victoria, but I actually like the young lady.  I have followed her for a couple of years on IG and I've enjoyed it.  I really like Lily and I think Jasmin is beautiful :) 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Thank you so much @bigskygirl . 

I am neutral on many things but am so tired of decisions not making any sense to the rest of us. I miss the early days when we all saw the talent clearly or clearly saw it missing and agreed on it more easily.  Do you think they are scared to have another season of the show because of indebted favors hanging overhead and it would be easier to do that less publicly (i.e.- untelevised?) I feel like we already knew by this time last year a new season would air. Although I confess, I am unclear if I would watch it. Season 13 was the only season in the show's history I didn't purchase. 13 really was unlucky for them wasn't it.

If season 14 happens, wonder if they would change up the format or keep overlooking fan/viewer input, feedback and ideas. Gosh, imagine a show where they literally did it as fans have begged. Oh well. Thanks again @bigskygirl . I can always count on you.

• Love 3