Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Kayce said:

That was Kaitlin...she was an LSU standout...would have been AWESOME as a DCC.  She would have been a makeover dream!  She had kicks to her nose (rivaling Lacey and Holly), tall and slender,  and was a beautiful dancer.  

I loved her and was so sad she didn’t make it simply because of the way she looked. She is beautiful, just different than the DCC look. She had so much to work with regarding her looks and dance skills. 

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Let the hate begin...but I would like to see Lily, Victoria and Jasmin audition again.  I know so many people hated on Victoria, but I actually like the young lady.  I have followed her for a couple of years on IG and I've enjoyed it.  I really like Lily and I think Jasmin is beautiful :) 

I have to admit I do not remember Lily and Jasmin.

4 minutes ago, IzzyEnd said:

Thank you so much @bigskygirl . 

I am neutral on many things but am so tired of decisions not making any sense to the rest of us. I miss the early days when we all saw the talent clearly or clearly saw it missing and agreed on it more easily.  Do you think they are scared to have another season of the show because of indebted favors hanging overhead and it would be easier to do that less publicly (i.e.- untelevised?) I feel like we already knew by this time last year a new season would air. Although I confess, I am unclear if I would watch it. Season 13 was the only season in the show's history I didn't purchase. 13 really was unlucky for them wasn't it.

If season 14 happens, wonder if they would change up the format or keep overlooking fan/viewer input, feedback and ideas. Gosh, imagine a show where they literally did it as fans have begged. Oh well. Thanks again @bigskygirl . I can always count on you.

I think there will be a Season 14 because in my opinion, the show has turned into a self promotion of the Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Organizations. Kelli, Charlotte and CMT want the money and ratings train to keep rolling along. The show has brought a lot of things for both sides of the fence. They have to remind the fans and viewers the DCCs are the best of the best, and no one will take that title away from them even at the expense of the girls who try out and/or make the team.

I am sure CMT and others related to the show come on here to see how we view the show. Some things have changed aka a hour show, more behind the scenes, etc. etc., but the real truth of what happens are not shown because they do not want the real truth to come out because it would make the organization look bad. They probably did not realize someone will spill the beans.

Kelli was the one that posted today on instagram that today was the banquet.  I also read a few weeks ago now that the calendar shoot is in Riviera Maya, Mexico, either the week right before Easter, or right after.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Kelli was the one that posted today on instagram that today was the banquet.  I also read a few weeks ago now that the calendar shoot is in Riviera Maya, Mexico, either the week right before Easter, or right after.

IMG_1926.jpg

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I think all the rookies are trying out again, but I would love to see Taylor Plain and Tall not come back. 

UGH!!! I might have to be brave and rewatch Season 13 in my attempt to remember who got cut during TC. I am almost at the end of Season 4 in my rewatching time.

1 minute ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I feel like Kelli's post is a nod to her retiring. If she got teary eyed for a song about dance...I say she's probably retiring but idk.

I had the say gut feeling as you about Kelli when she posted this and when she said "and all that is to come"  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I feel like Kelli's post is a nod to her retiring. If she got teary eyed for a song about dance...I say she's probably retiring but idk.

I thought the same thing

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Jennv said:

They seem to always cut a vet or two at finals, I'm betting Christina gets the ax this time around 

I feel the same about Gabby this year.  

• Love 2
(edited)
41 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

UGH!!! I might have to be brave and rewatch Season 13 in my attempt to remember who got cut during TC. I am almost at the end of Season 4 in my rewatching time.

To refresh your memory...  The order of the cuts were:  Jasmine, Lindsay, Dayton, Taylor, Kristin, Tara, Victoria, Lily & Malena.  I'd like to see Jasmin, Kristin and Lily in TC again...

18-19 dcc tcc - smaller.png

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

I think all the rookies are trying out again, but I would love to see Taylor Plain and Tall not come back. 

She seems like a lovely person, but she dances like an awkward clumsy teenagers.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 3
On 1/13/2019 at 5:53 PM, Loves2Dance said:

I want to root for a girl like Hannah, but I can't. She is a pretty girl, but she has a very juvenile look and her dancing just isn't there. It's more than just not being DCC ready, I don't think she's any team ready. Some people have it and needs some polish and some people just don't...I put Hannah there/ 

I am rooting for her...even if she doesn't make it very far this year, it gives her the experience and will show her what she will need to work on.  🙂

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

She seems like a lovely person, but she dances like an awkward clumsy teenagers.

She does seem really nice and she's well spoken, but she's been forgettable 😞 

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I agree.  A lot of comments asking if she's coming back and she hasn't really answered any of them. She might be ready to retire because she's been pro dancing for 6 years; 3 on the DCC and 3 years on other teams ( Legends, Mavs , Ice Angels).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I think she is retiring.  She is getting married and I have seen her post things that make me think she is having health issues.

• Love 3

I did not know this. A girl who gets her rookie ring has completed her rookie season, but she is not considered a veteran until she tries again for a second time and makes the team again. The girls trying out again turn in their uniforms before finals, and their contract ends at that time.

Just now, bigskygirl said:

I did not know this. A girl who gets her rookie ring has completed her rookie season, but she is not considered a veteran until she tries again for a second time and makes the team again. The girls trying out again turn in their uniforms before finals, and their contract ends at that time.

Yeah they said it’s like a week or two between turning in their uniforms and finals and that it they make it back to training camp they will have access to their uniforms if they get booked on appreances during training camp 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I think Jessika, Caroline and Taylor could be on the cut block.

I'd be shocked if Caroline is.  She's an über strong dancer and they've been featuring the heck out of her in their Cowboy's Fit ads.  Girl was born for the camera.

• Love 13
35 minutes ago, go4luca said:
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think Jessika, Caroline and Taylor could be on the cut block.

I'd be shocked if Caroline is.  She's an über strong dancer and they've been featuring the heck out of her in their Cowboy's Fit ads.  Girl was born for the camera.

Caroline better not be going anywhere, she's one of my all time favorites!

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'd be shocked if Jessika or Caroline got cut. I alwasy forget about Taylor. But Kelli LOVES dead boring, deer in headlights Jessika, and caroline can actually dance. Not that Taylor can't, I just forget about her.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

So...it's either the last year for the one who posted it, or both of them.  Too bad, whoever it is, I like them both.

It came from khalyn Instagram I have to chop pictures down some 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

My guess is both are retiring. Especially with Yuko engaged, that's how I take it. 

Yeah but Yuko is really recently engaged. Im sure she has time to still plan and all for her wedding, not that it can’t happen quickly either. Unless she was just planning on moving on before she got engaged. 

6 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Alexis posted some pictures on her insta story. There’s one with Gina and she looks gorgeous. I saw on her insta story that she went to a blow dry bar today. 

F913D3B2-703F-4C98-A7E3-084F2E63ED7B.jpeg

• Love 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

KaShara, Lacey, Kelli, Khalyn, Yuko, Jessika, Tasha are the ones retiring this year 

Was this announced at the end-of-year banquet tonight?  If not, how'd you find out?  I KNEW I shouldn't have gone to class tonight and missed all the good stuff.  I also wonder which two or three girls were originally going to retire and changed their minds.  We heard that 9 or 10 girls were going to retire and now it's 7.

Edited by EricaShadows
2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Was this announced at the end-of-year banquet tonight?  If not, how'd you find out?  I KNEW I shouldn't have gone to class tonight and missed all the good stuff.  I also wonder which two or three girls were originally going to retire and changed their minds.  We heard that 9 or 10 girls were going to retire and now it's 7.

Yes, at the banquet.  Brennan had it on her live story showing all the retirees standing together with Kelli and Judy.  There's a screen grab in the SM thread.

• Love 2
Just now, go4luca said:

Yes, at the banquet.  Brennan had it on her live story showing all the retirees standing together with Kelli and Judy.  There's a screen grab in the SM thread.

I just saw that and was coming over here to update my original post, but thank you for mentioning it.  I'll update the veterans list with the confirmed retirees.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Yes, it was announced at the banquet tonight. 

35BDB10F-5DB0-4BED-8D4E-5BEF5C8455A3.jpeg

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lmr29 said:

You think heather will get point ?

I was just now wondering the same. I wonder what next years formation will now look like now?  

I think Maddie is a great enough dancer for point, but they REALLY need to do something about her hair next year. The first year it was curly it looked good. This past season it looked really bad to me.  I can’t really see Amy or Tess as point. 

• Love 4