Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

During the airing of this last season, I remember that a poster who is "in the know" indicated that some of the girls would potentially retire and not return for another year if they had to deal with VK. I don't recall who said it, but it was someone with inside information. Does anyone else recall it? And if so, do we suspect that will actually have some bearing on anyone's decision this year?

I think it was simplesimon, but I'm not 100% sure

2 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Also total BS bc retiring bc you don't like Legacy Royalty, even saying in jest, would guarantee YOU ARE TOXIC AND NOT EVERY COMING BACK. It is what it is. 

Maybe it was diff in the 80s and 90s but not so easy now to just take off a year then bounce back. These girls are so much more advanced now that it just does not happen. Not saying it will never ever happen but it really has not happened. 

To me, saying you're not coming back because of Victoria does NOT mean the person saying it is toxic, it likely means they were frustrated about everything Victoria brought to the table (including the drama, the praise for things that other girls get criticized for and the lack of criticism for things that other girls would likely get cut for among other things) as well as the things they perceive Victoria as NOT bringing to the table in light of everything that's happening.  They're likely seeing a LOT more than we are so we probably didn't see (or hear) everything that went on because what ever happened was likely less than flattering towards Kelli, towards Victoria and towards the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and airing that (thought it would have made ratings soar through the roof), it wouldn't do them much good overall in the long run.  So, essentially I'm disagreeing with saying that someone's toxic for expressing frustration about a situation they have no control over and for not wanting to put themselves through it again should it come to that.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

To me, saying you're not coming back because of Victoria does NOT mean the person saying it is toxic, it likely means they were frustrated about everything Victoria brought to the table (including the drama, the praise for things that other girls get criticized for and the lack of criticism for things that other girls would likely get cut for among other things) as well as the things they perceive Victoria as NOT bringing to the table in light of everything that's happening.  They're likely seeing a LOT more than we are so we probably didn't see (or hear) everything that went on because what ever happened was likely less than flattering towards Kelli, towards Victoria and towards the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and airing that (thought it would have made ratings soar through the roof), it wouldn't do them much good overall in the long run.  So, essentially I'm disagreeing with saying that someone's toxic for expressing frustration about a situation they have no control over and for not wanting to put themselves through it again should it come to that.

I think they meant toxic in the world of DCC, remember how Chelsea was called toxic?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I personally don't think that not wanting to deal with VK make you toxic either. HOWEVER i am saying you go against what DCC mgt wants THEY WILL SAY YOU ARE TOXIC. Call out the BS, your'e TOXIC to them. It would be suicide to say anything bad about VK even if true. 

3 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I think they meant toxic in the world of DCC, remember how Chelsea was called toxic?

Thank you. This exactly. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

I personally don't think that not wanting to deal with VK make you toxic either. HOWEVER i am saying you go against what DCC mgt wants THEY WILL SAY YOU ARE TOXIC. Call out the BS, your'e TOXIC to them. It would be suicide to say anything bad about VK even if true. 

Thank you. This exactly. 

Which is why I’m glad Kashara spoke her mind 🙂

• Love 3
8 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Also total BS bc retiring bc you don't like Legacy Royalty, even saying in jest, would guarantee YOU ARE TOXIC AND NOT EVERY COMING BACK. It is what it is. 

Maybe it was diff in the 80s and 90s but not so easy now to just take off a year then bounce back. These girls are so much more advanced now that it just does not happen. Not saying it will never ever happen but it really has not happened. 

You make a point that I've thought about recently when re-watching Season Three, the last year at Texas Stadium. Both Kristin Heger and Carrie Stillwell Griffiths came back to re-audition. KH got cut at auditions the previous season and CSG had taken a year off to "get her life in order." Neither made it back. I think you're right that it would be nearly impossible to take even a year off and make the team again. I would love to see Tara come back (I know she was cut and didn't take a year off voluntarily) but I think she has moved on to other things.

So much is expected of them now that a year off really makes a difference unless you kept up with your fitness and dance training hard core.

Lexie posted a picture of her picking up her wedding gown today.  She said her wedding is 58 days away.  That would mean her wedding is on May 17th.  Will this affect her auditioning this year?   Or is it so close to auditions that she will be retiring?  I could of swore I saw somewhere months ago she had cookies that she had given to her bridesmaids that resembled a calendar which indicated that her wedding was on May 31st.  So perhaps she changed her wedding date.

3 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Lexie posted a picture of her picking up her wedding gown today.  She said her wedding is 58 days away.  That would mean her wedding is on May 17th.  Will this affect her auditioning this year?   Or is it so close to auditions that she will be retiring?  I could of swore I saw somewhere months ago she had cookies that she had given to her bridesmaids that resembled a calendar which indicated that her wedding was on May 31st.  So perhaps she changed her wedding date.

She changed her date 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Thank you. This exactly. 

Thank you for clarifying (as well as others who have done so as well).  That's still screwed up then, if someone calls leadership out on an issue (that is both provable and true), but faces repercussions for it, then it isn't the individual doing the calling out, it's the leadership that is making the workplace toxic.  While I agree that Chelsea shouldn't have gotten disciplined for her comments after herself, Danielle and a few other girls got called in for weight, she showed herself to be an appearance risk because if she felt comfortable saying those things to the bosses, what might she say on an appearance with people who don't know her as well?  If people are afraid to say something to leadership because they feel they won't be heard, that their opinions don't matter, or that just HAVING opinions different than leadership on certain issues/people would cause repercussions, then THAT is a sign of something wrong with leadership, not with the individuals, especially if the individuals have shown that they can work with people they don't like despite the issues.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I didn't catch the beginning of the podcast, but someone posted in the comments that both Maddie and Daphne are re-auditioning.  Also, Maddie made a comment regarding Calendar shoot that "29" girls were going... so that leaves 7 not going.  

Just now, J-R said:

Back to my guess list, revising to 7 retiring:

1- Lacey confirmed

2- KaShara confirmed

3- Kelli

4- Khalyn

5- Tasha 

6- Yuko

7- Lauren

Edited by J-R
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Tootie said:

I didn't catch the beginning of the podcast, but someone posted in the comments that both Maddie and Daphne are re-auditioning. 

Is Maddie staying because she thinks she's getting point?

35 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Is Maddie staying because she thinks she's getting point?

I prefer Maddie, hands down and poms down to Gina.  

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, J-R said:

I prefer Maddie, hands down and poms down to Gina.  

Wow that sucks.... i do prefer Maddie to Gina for point, but we have so many good candidates now for point and we’re stuck with these 2 in triangle... no offense to Maddie, but she just got lucky with this placement. Still better than Gina’s extra moves and scary facials though.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Slate said:

They will have an excellent squad next year, and that will be a tough team to make as a new rookie.

It’s going to be very tough especially if all the vets do earn their spot back and deserve to be back 

Did they talk abt anything new on the pod cast I haven’t got to watch yet 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Slate said:

They will have an excellent squad next year, and that will be a tough team to make as a new rookie.

Agree.  I haven't been paying close attention.  Anyone calc up an approximate of how many open positions for rookies there will be?

3 hours ago, go4luca said:

Agree.  I haven't been paying close attention.  Anyone calc up an approximate of how many open positions for rookies there will be?

Well if only 7 people do retire there will only be 7 available if all vets make it back 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Well if only 7 people do retire there will only be 7 available if all vets make it back 

There you go.  Thanks.  As I said above, I haven't been following closely.

Here's the new list:

Alexis - Confirmed returning

Alanna - Possibly returning    

Amber - Confirmed returning

Amy - 

Ashlee - Possibly returning

Brennen - Confirmed returning

Briana - Confirmed returning

Bridget - Possibly returning

Caroline - Confirmed returning

Christina - 

Cianna - Confirmed returning

Daphne - Confirmed returning

Erin - Possibly returning

Gabby - Confirmed returning

Gina - 

Hannah - Confirmed returning

Heather - Confirmed returning

Jalyn - Confirmed returning

Jessika - 

KaShara - Confirmed retiring

Kelli - 

Khalyn - 

Lexie - 

Lacey - Confirmed retiring

Lauren - 

Maddie - Confirmed returning

Madeline - Possibly returning

Miranda - Confirmed returning

Molly - Confirmed returning

Rachel - Confirmed returning

Rachel W - Confirmed returning

Savannah - 

Tasha - 

Taylor - Possibly returning

Tess - 

Yuko - 

Let me know if any changes need to be made.  On top of this, if there's truly only 7 girls retiring, that's going to be one tough audition, but we don't know who, if anyone, is going to be cut at auditions.  That's the toss-up.  If there's that few spots open, the competition is going to be TOUGH to get on the squad, especially if the caliber of girls at auditions (minus Victoria and Hannah, the Road-to-DCC girl) are as amazing as they were last year.  Unless Kelli steps in to bring Victoria back into Training Camp, she'll be severely outclassed.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

There you go.  Thanks.  As I said above, I haven't been following closely.

Your welcome that’s if all vets make it back into training camp and no vets get cut in training camp 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Here's the new list:

Alexis - Confirmed returning

Alanna - Possibly returning    

Amber - Confirmed returning

Amy - 

Ashlee - Possibly returning

Brennen - Confirmed returning

Briana - Confirmed returning

Bridget - Possibly returning

Caroline - Confirmed returning

Christina - 

Cianna - Confirmed returning

Daphne - Confirmed returning

Erin - Possibly returning

Gabby - Confirmed returning

Gina - 

Hannah - Confirmed returning

Heather - Confirmed returning

Jalyn - Confirmed returning

Jessika - 

KaShara - Confirmed retiring

Kelli - 

Khalyn - 

Lexie - 

Lacey - Confirmed retiring

Lauren - 

Maddie - Confirmed returning

Madeline - Possibly returning

Miranda - Confirmed returning

Molly - Confirmed returning

Rachel - Confirmed returning

Rachel W - Confirmed returning

Savannah - 

Tasha - 

Taylor - Possibly returning

Tess - 

Yuko - 

Let me know if any changes need to be made.  On top of this, if there's truly only 7 girls retiring, that's going to be one tough audition, but we don't know who, if anyone, is going to be cut at auditions.  That's the toss-up.  If there's that few spots open, the competition is going to be TOUGH to get on the squad, especially if the caliber of girls at auditions (minus Victoria and Hannah, the Road-to-DCC girl) are as amazing as they were last year.  Unless Kelli steps in to bring Victoria back into Training Camp, she'll be severely outclassed.

Pretty sure Alanna is coming back as her insta story showed her at the gym to get calendar ready

• Love 1

Do you think any of the vets are in danger? I understand Gabby was on WW so that might be a factor. I think Savannah has improved a lot but still lacking-she’s a locker favorite though and is always sent out on appearances so I doubt they will cut her. I don’t think anyone is obviously at risk though.

On 3/1/2019 at 12:07 AM, scorpio1031 said:

Okay, I’m sorry but this...this was just bad. Half the time, she’s ahead, the other half she’s behind. The very end of the dance, she’s behind by 2, nearly 3 counts. She tries to save herself from falling out of her turn by stomping on the ground. The only good thing I have to say is compared to the other girls around her, her extensions are prettier. I know it sounds counter-intuitive but she needs to take some kind of drill class or any kind of style that is very controlled. Because homegirl is all over the place.

ALSO, does anyone know if Brianna from season 12 is trying out this year? The one that was very trained in jazz and ballet? I remember her telling Kelli after she was asked if she’d try out again that she wouldn’t the immediate year but she probably would the year after. I really hope she does, I thought she was just adorable. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Do you think any of the vets are in danger? I understand Gabby was on WW so that might be a factor. I think Savannah has improved a lot but still lacking-she’s a locker favorite though and is always sent out on appearances so I doubt they will cut her. I don’t think anyone is obviously at risk though.

Gabby for weight also from seeing pics from Arkansas Ashlee and ciana look like they put some weight on to 

1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Gabby for weight also from seeing pics from Arkansas Ashlee and ciana look like they put some weight on to 

D21B06D5-9C61-4880-B123-21004B0353A2.jpeg

Edited by Holly85
6 hours ago, Holly85 said:

D21B06D5-9C61-4880-B123-21004B0353A2.jpeg

Wow. Cianna is one of my favorite rookies, but she definitely looks soft (for DCC standards, not normal ones). I’m surprised she is still in uniform, unless this is just an unfortunate, unflattering picture. 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

Wow. Cianna is one of my favorite rookies, but she definitely looks soft (for DCC standards, not normal ones). I’m surprised she is still in uniform, unless this is just an unfortunate, unflattering picture. 

Sometimes it is so hard to tell.  Look at Alexis - her thighs can't be that big.  And if the girls don't look good in the uniform, I can't see K&J sending them on an appearance.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I may be an unpopular opinion but I think she looks good in this video 

I think if she continues to go to the prep classes and works had she might do well this year 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I think if she continues to go to the prep classes and works had she might do well this year 

As much as it pains me to write this (because it is so ethically wrong on every level)... I think VK's spot really is guaranteed this year. Kelly did everything short of ripping the milkshake straw out of her mouth last year to help her make the team. Between Kitty & Kelly, I think it's a done deal this year.  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

As much as it pains me to write this (because it is so ethically wrong on every level)... I think VK's spot really is guaranteed this year. Kelly did everything short of ripping the milkshake straw out of her mouth last year to help her make the team. Between Kitty & Kelly, I think it's a done deal this year.  

It will be a hard team to make this year with so little vets retiring I hope that Kelly puts your director glasses on and judges her like she would someone else and doesn’t just put her on the team just bc 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 9

I agree it’s a done deal... At least I hope Kelli doesn’t cut a deserving vet again just to make room for her. And that they won’t show her that much. 

I know dcc isn’t a normal workplace, but if VK makes it back, Kelli doesn’t deserve her position anymore. I don’t care about nepotism, they’ve done it before. (Hopefully they won’t put VK in the triangle with so many great dancers around though). But she lied to her face, to Jinelle, in front of the cameras. She tried to bury it, but that’s inexcusable even in dcc land. 

• Love 9

So I’ve been pretty behind in watching season 13, and I just finished the episode where VK gets called in for “not being herself” and she blamed the fact that she was distracted on not making SG. Correct me if I’m wrong but if anyone else had said that, they more than likely would’ve gotten their ass chewed. Which Kelli kinda put her in her place but it was like a little slap on the wrist compared to what she would have said, had it been anyone else. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Sometimes it is so hard to tell.  Look at Alexis - her thighs can't be that big.  And if the girls don't look good in the uniform, I can't see K&J sending them on an appearance.

Saw Alexis from the back in a video from last season and thought the large butt and thighs was a fluke ... maybe not!  Thighs look even larger here.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

I may be an unpopular opinion but I think she looks good in this video 

I think she looks as good as many of the present DCC.   She does have some sex appeal and that's always a plus.

And I know my opinion means nothing and is not popular but I cannot imagine Maddie being chosen for point.  She just isn't right for it.

• Love 6

I was on the Patriots cheerleader page and saw they require women to have a GED or high school diploma at the time of the audition.  Seems like a good idea.  I personally would like to see DCC raise the minimum age but if they need to hang on to how it has always been, at least the GED/diploma at the time of audition would weed out some immature candidates.  In defense of 18-year-old women (who I work with daily) it would be difficult to step from high school culture to quasi-corporate culture (speak like a management trainee but look sexy to make the men think things that if acted on would land them in the HR office) in just a matter of days.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

And I know my opinion means nothing and is not popular but I cannot imagine Maddie being chosen for point.  She just isn't right for it.

You are not alone.  I feel the same.  This coming from someone who has defended Maddie in the past on this forum.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

At least I hope Kelli doesn’t cut a deserving vet again just to make room for her. And that they won’t show her that much. 

I agree with most of this.  My personal jury remains out on the deserving vet portion.  It's my belief we weren't shown the entire story.  But I'd hate to see an actual deserving vet cut to make way for VK.  As for featuring her, please for the love of all that's holy don't make it the VK show again.  I can't take another season of overly dramatic hair pulling, disingenuous treatment of an offer of help (Jinelle) or the non waterproof runny mascara.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, SkysMama94 said:

So I’ve been pretty behind in watching season 13, and I just finished the episode where VK gets called in for “not being herself” and she blamed the fact that she was distracted on not making SG. Correct me if I’m wrong but if anyone else had said that, they more than likely would’ve gotten their ass chewed. Which Kelli kinda put her in her place but it was like a little slap on the wrist compared to what she would have said, had it been anyone else. 

Angela got chewed out by a guest choreographer for her attitude when she didn’t make show group.

• Love 7