Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I deleted the list with Kelli as "likely retiring" on it because, as people pointed out, it could be on a long weekend or during Rookie Week and I've been trying to keep the list for those who have confirmed retirement or that they are returning.  Kelli could still return since 07/20 is on a Saturday so she could get married during Training Camp and have the honeymoon after Training Camp. 

After TC ends, football season starts, so I doubt she would go on her honeymoon after the new team was announced. Crystal Trevino got married in September and stayed for another year. I think Kelli should focus on her marriage instead of being a DCC for another year. I do not understand the need to be a cheerleader and the time restaints over spending time with your spouse.

10 hours ago, J-R said:

I am guessing that she retires.  Isn't she over 30 years old?  Now she is getting married...maybe her long talk with Lauren that she posted about was her wedding date and decision to retire?

Awww. Lauren is such a mama bear. She is a great leader and friend to her team.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, PhillyFan said:

I mean, I knew a couple of doctors who got married to each other in the middle of their grueling residency. If they can take a couple of days for a wedding, I don’t know why someone auditioning for a dance team can’t. It’s a tough process sure, but most people are super busy and still plan and carry out weddings. 

Agreed. She will be a 4 year vet, so if she needs a day off from training camp, I don’t see why that would be an issue. The honeymoon would need to be postponed, but that’s doable. Schedule - leave early on Friday for Colorado, have rehearsal and dinner that night, wedding on Saturday, and return on Sunday or Monday morning. Now, I would never want to do that. I needed my honeymoon week (my honeymoon was the only vacation where I didn’t get a bunch of work emails lo), but if someone is on a tight schedule, it can be done. 

Of course, she has already cheered for 3 years and is in her 30s. I think it makes sense that she may be ready to move on. 

Edited by Jess14
5 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed. She will be a 4 year vet, so if she needs a day off from training camp, I don’t see why that would be an issue. The honeymoon would need to be postponed, but that’s doable. Schedule - leave early on Friday for Colorado, have rehearsal and dinner that night, wedding on Saturday, and return on Sunday or Monday morning. Now, I would never want to do that. I needed my honeymoon week (my honeymoon was the only vacation where I didn’t get a bunch of work emails lo), but if someone is on a tight schedule, it can be done. 

Of course, she has already cheered for 3 years and is in her 30s. I think it makes sense that she may be ready to move on. 

Kelli just posted on her InstaStory "dizzy day".  Seems like she has been suffering from dizzy spells lately.  I saw a post not too long ago where she mentioned not feeling well and being dizzy.  Hmmmmm

5 hours ago, Jess14 said:

She also danced 3 years on other teams ( Legends, Mavs, Ice Angels) before becoming a DCC which makes 6 years in all.

I thought we'd see Maddie Dillon at DCC auditions again this year, but it looks like she made another team. I wonder which one. That looks like a partial logo behind her but I can't place it. I can't think of a sport that has cheerleader auditions this early in the year.

1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

I thought we'd see Maddie Dillon at DCC auditions again this year, but it looks like she made another team. I wonder which one. That looks like a partial logo behind her but I can't place it. I can't think of a sport that has cheerleader auditions this early in the year.

Texas Revs Dancers had auditions on Sunday the 24th according to their FB and that's their logo. Couldn't find any announcement of a new team on their IG or FB. She was on the (now defunct) Dallas Marshalls Darling Deputies. Some of the girls from that team went on to the Ice Angels and Sidekicks dancers.

4 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Texas Revs Dancers had auditions on Sunday the 24th according to their FB and that's their logo. Couldn't find any announcement of a new team on their IG or FB. She was on the (now defunct) Dallas Marshalls Darling Deputies. Some of the girls from that team went on to the Ice Angels and Sidekicks dancers.

You're right, that's what it is. Here's another girl who made it. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

1 hour ago, Tootie said:

I don't recognize any other faces...

This is last year's team. Are any of them on this year's squad, or was it 100% turnover? A lot of these girls were Sidekicks dancers too.

I'll be keeping an eye out for these faces at DCC auditions. DCC numbers have been falling dramatically in the last few years. (Wasn't it less than 150 last year?) Statistically speaking, it looks like girls on local teams have a better and better chance at it every year, assuming out of state candidate numbers don't go up.

EDIT: on a related note, do the AAIA ever post cameos anywhere? I'll like to get a better look at that squad so I can familiarize myself with faces prior to DCC tryouts.

Edited by sleepyjean
6 hours ago, J-R said:

Kelli just posted on her InstaStory "dizzy day".  Seems like she has been suffering from dizzy spells lately.  I saw a post not too long ago where she mentioned not feeling well and being dizzy.  Hmmmmm

She also wasn't at practice tonight, or at least I couldn't pick her out in the insta stories. I'm wondering if she is having some health issue. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

This is last year's team. Are any of them on this year's squad, or was it 100% turnover? A lot of these girls were Sidekicks dancers too.

I'll be keeping an eye out for these faces at DCC auditions. DCC numbers have been falling dramatically in the last few years. (Wasn't it less than 150 last year?) Statistically speaking, it looks like girls on local teams have a better and better chance at it every year, assuming out of state candidate numbers don't go up.

EDIT: on a related note, do the AAIA ever post cameos anywhere? I'll like to get a better look at that squad so I can familiarize myself with faces prior to DCC tryouts.

3 or 4 of the girls above are back on the current Sidekicks squad. What happened was a 2017-18 squad was chosen but the Sidekicks soccer team decided to take the season off so the girls had no team to cheer/dance for. Those 4 auditioned for Revs and made the team. They came back to the Sidekicks when audition were held for the 2018-19 squad.  Also the other girl pictured above, Heather is also a former Darling Deputy dancer. I'm surprised to see Maya Hayes as director (I' m assuming she is) because she was supposed to start another new dance team for some sports team. 

7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm extremely confused.  So Revs have auditions while the season is going on?  Weird.

They might have a short season because The  Revs are an arena football team. Just a guess. 

6 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

The last year the AAIA had the girl's cameos/bios was when Amy Simone was on the team (2015-16). There used to be a actual website for them with the squad picture and the bios but I don't know why they  don't have it anymore.

5 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm extremely confused.  So Revs have auditions while the season is going on?  Weird.

I think Arena Football goes from April to August.

Eta:  different websites have different dates.... the timeframe is somewhere near Apr-Aug.

Edited by Tootie
4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

The last year the AAIA had the girl's cameos/bios was when Amy Simone was on the team (2015-16). There used to be a actual website for them with the squad picture and the bios but I don't know why they  don't have it anymore.

It's strange that they wouldn't put them on social media, since the team website doesn't. They have tons of pics on Instagram, why not cameos so we can see who is who? Very frustrating since almost the whole team will audition for DCC. I'm sure they'll post a group pic of those who make semis and finals, but it will be more difficult to figure out and name the ones who auditioned but didn't make it past the first round.

On 2/20/2019 at 3:39 PM, Lunacat said:

Have VK and Tina learned nothing from last year? Had VK started a sensible clean eating program last August when she was cut, she wouldn’t need to crash diet 90 days out to get the DCC look. She is setting herself up for failure with this 90 day “fix”.  Looking forward to the inevitable crash and burn, round 2!

Victoria won’t stick to a 90 day strict diet. She’s not capable of it and my guess is that she like many people uses food to deal with stress. She needs those milkshakes!

I doubt they learned anything from last year. I feel they blamed Kelli. 

My sad assessment is that Victoria will never move outside her comfort zone and her super controlling mom won’t allow her,  even if she wants to do so. It’s hard to tell how much Victoria does just to please her Mom and how much she does for her own self.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 6
(edited)

Alexis - Confirmed returning

Alanna - 

Amber - Confirmed returning

Amy - 

Ashlee - 

Brennen - Confirmed returning

Briana - 

Bridget - 

Caroline - Confirmed returning

Christina - 

Cianna - 

Daphne - 

Erin - 

Gabby - Confirmed returning

Gina - 

Hannah - 

Heather - Confirmed returning

Jalyn - Confirmed returning

Jessika - 

KaShara - Confirmed retiring

Kelli - 

Khalyn - 

Lexie - 

Lacey - Confirmed retiring

Lauren - 

Maddie - 

Madeline - 

Miranda - Confirmed returning

Molly - Confirmed returning

Rachel - Confirmed returning

Rachel W - Confirmed returning

Savannah - 

Tasha - 

Taylor - 

Tess - 

Yuko - 

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Alexis - Confirmed returning

Alanna - 

Amber - Confirmed returning

Amy - 

Ashlee - 

Brennen - Confirmed returning

Briana - 

Bridget - 

Caroline - Confirmed returning

Christina - 

Cianna - 

Daphne - 

Erin - 

Gabby - Confirmed returning

Gina - 

Hannah - 

Heather - 

Jalyn - Confirmed returning

Jessika - 

KaShara - Confirmed retiring

Kelli - 

Khalyn - 

Lexie - 

Lacey - Confirmed retiring

Lauren - 

Maddie - 

Madeline - 

Miranda - Confirmed returning

Molly - Confirmed returning

Rachel - Confirmed returning

Rachel W - Confirmed returning

Savannah - 

Tasha - 

Taylor - 

Tess - 

Yuko - 

Heather is re auditioning 

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Heather is re auditioning 

Thanks.  Everything should be up to date now.  Right now, out of 36 girls who are considered veterans.  13 have confirmed their status as either returning or retiring.  Of those 13, 2 are retiring and 11 are returning.  The other 23 have yet to make their decisions public.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Oh Gabby, I see a cut at finals for sure right there. 

Hope not. I actually admit to liking her quite a bit. Still can't put my foot on it, but would not mind seeing her for another season or two.

Also, WOW, there is a real lack of vet retirement info...

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, KatieC said:

Her facials are weird. It’s like she can’t decide whether to feel the music or smile for the camera. 

Sadly, she may be one of those girls who is SO aware of the camera that she can't focus on dancing.  At least, when the cameras aren't in her home studio and the videos just may make it to a wider audience than the people on her page.  It seems she's also trying to make people like her and root for her because of all the issues from last year (that she still hasn't seemed to fix).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KatieC said:

Her facials are weird. It’s like she can’t decide whether to feel the music or smile for the camera. 

I'm probably in the minority, but I think all the overly dramatic facials and shirt clutching just look stupid

• Love 13
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She’s gonna have a hard time making it this year I can tell she hasn’t worked on any issues from last year and with the so little vets this year retiring 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

She’s gonna have a hard time making it this year I can tell she hasn’t worked on any issues from last year and with the so little vets this year retiring 

In a fair and equal world, I would agree with you but we're talking about Kelli's world, now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

In a fair and equal world, I would agree with you but we're talking about Kelli's world, now.

True true lol I could see gabby being cute for weight 

12 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Oh Gabby, I see a cut at finals for sure right there. 

Yeah but cutting Gabby who is at least good at dcc style and more ‘unique looking’ to get Victoria doesn’t make sense.

10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I’m sorry but I don’t understand how some people defend her by saying she’s amazing at lyrical. You can’t be dancing ‘heavy’ and be good at lyrical AND she’s always either ahead or behind the rest if you watch closely. Unless of course it’s VK who’s perfectly executing it and the rest of the group agreed on using different counts.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’m sorry but I don’t understand how some people defend her by saying she’s amazing at lyrical. You can’t be dancing ‘heavy’ and be good at lyrical AND she’s always either ahead or behind the rest if you watch closely. Unless of course it’s VK who’s perfectly executing it and the rest of the group agreed on using different counts.

I don't think she's a good dancer at all. JMHO.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, KatieC said:

I kept wondering why she was grinning like the Cheshire cat during what should be a deeply emotional piece.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Yeah but cutting Gabby who is at least good at dcc style and more ‘unique looking’ to get Victoria doesn’t make sense.

Sorry, too distracted by the other thin, on count, pretty dancers to notice VK.

• Love 5

Are there pictures of Gabby looking heavy? I haven’t noticed that she looks out of shape, but I admittedly haven’t been looking very hard for it either. I know that people have mentioned that she’s been on weight warning (which i have no reason to doubt) so I guess my question is basically this: is she on weight warning because she looks bad in the uniform or because she has simply fluctuated a lot from her tryout weight (where it may not be super visible to outsiders but is very noticeable at their weigh-ins)?

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Are there pictures of Gabby looking heavy? I haven’t noticed that she looks out of shape, but I admittedly haven’t been looking very hard for it either. I know that people have mentioned that she’s been on weight warning (which i have no reason to doubt) so I guess my question is basically this: is she on weight warning because she looks bad in the uniform or because she has simply fluctuated a lot from her tryout weight (where it may not be super visible to outsiders but is very noticeable at their weigh-ins)?

I haven't really seen many. I guess she looks a little bit soft but it doesn't seem too bad to me, unlike some others have been.

• Love 2

Spacing issues still there. Still dancing heavy. Looks a little thinner maybe.  But I am willing to say with 100 percent certainty that VK makes the team this year.

• Love 2
(edited)

Still falls out of turns too.    I noticed she was the only one I saw with a loose top too, and everyone else had body hugging or short tops.    If VK auditions, then I'm certain she'll make it, and her weight won't keep her off either.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Spacing issues still there. Still dancing heavy. Looks a little thinner maybe.  But I am willing to say with 100 percent certainty that VK makes the team this year.

I agree that she will definitely make the team this year, as long as she doesn’t pack on weight. Looking bad in the uniform is probably the only thing Kelli can’t overlook. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, MamaV said:

I agree that she will definitely make the team this year, as long as she doesn’t pack on weight. Looking bad in the uniform is probably the only thing Kelli can’t overlook. 

Oh, it certainly IS something Kelli is willing to overlook . . . as long as Victoria is the only one who has the issue, but then again, if Victoria is the only one out of shape, it will be VERY noticeable.  They certainly tried to get Victoria on the squad last year with all her deficiencies yet it didn't happen and while I'd like to say that she's a shoo-in for the squad this year as well, I will certainly hope that she gets her dreams squashed AGAIN because it certainly appears she didn't learn her lesson from last year.  I remember that Victoria said something about coming back better next year but I can't remember exactly what she said.  Whatever it was, she just proved herself a liar.  As it is, depending on how many more vets retire (plus the ones who are cut, if any, at Finals), she has little to no chance of making it this year, especially if the incoming group is as good as the last group unless the majority of the girls Kelli picks are worse dancers than Victoria and/or have other issues.  Even then, Kelli would have shot herself in the foot because she would have to put some of those girls on the squad unless she takes more girls into Training Camp then usual or makes the squad smaller than usual.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I remember that Victoria said something about coming back better next year but I can't remember exactly what she said. 

Wasn't it something about being at her A+++ self?

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Oh, it certainly IS something Kelli is willing to overlook . . . as long as Victoria is the only one who has the issue, but then again, if Victoria is the only one out of shape, it will be VERY noticeable.  They certainly tried to get Victoria on the squad last year with all her deficiencies yet it didn't happen and while I'd like to say that she's a shoo-in for the squad this year as well, I will certainly hope that she gets her dreams squashed AGAIN because it certainly appears she didn't learn her lesson from last year.  I remember that Victoria said something about coming back better next year but I can't remember exactly what she said.  Whatever it was, she just proved herself a liar.  As it is, depending on how many more vets retire (plus the ones who are cut, if any, at Finals), she has little to no chance of making it this year, especially if the incoming group is as good as the last group unless the majority of the girls Kelli picks are worse dancers than Victoria and/or have other issues.  Even then, Kelli would have shot herself in the foot because she would have to put some of those girls on the squad unless she takes more girls into Training Camp then usual or makes the squad smaller than usual.

You may be right, but would Charlotte let someone who looks bad in the uniform on the team?

• Useful 2
34 minutes ago, MamaV said:

You may be right, but would Charlotte let someone who looks bad in the uniform on the team?

It seems she was certainly willing last year until Kelli started pestering her for more money to expand the squad to 40 if the rumors are true about that.  The hope of expanding the squad was Kelli's last attempt at getting a uniform on Victoria (as there weren't four more girls for Kelli to cut without better reasons than she had) and it was dashed.  Kelli kept the last four girls cut until the very last night of Training Camp (and to the Monday beyond) hoping to get word that she could indeed have 40 people on the squad only to be told no and had to make cuts.

17 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

It seems she was certainly willing last year until Kelli started pestering her for more money to expand the squad to 40 if the rumors are true about that.  The hope of expanding the squad was Kelli's last attempt at getting a uniform on Victoria (as there weren't four more girls for Kelli to cut without better reasons than she had) and it was dashed.  Kelli kept the last four girls cut until the very last night of Training Camp (and to the Monday beyond) hoping to get word that she could indeed have 40 people on the squad only to be told no and had to make cuts.

I hope that this year Charlotte gives Kelli her budget and final squad numbers early enough, and with enough emphasis, that there is none of this last minute BS.  All it did was cause stress for everyone.  And hopefully, Charlotte and Judy are able to convince Kelli that if a girl isn't ready for this year's squad, she just isn't ready.  Each girl should be the complete package - not, she knows football and can be a great ambassador, but can't remember the dances and might have a meltdown in the locker room.  Or she kind of knows the dances, is pretty, but needs to lose weight and have a different attitude.  It's not fair to the other girls who are ready.

• Love 5