Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

On 3/23/2019 at 7:39 AM, SkysMama94 said:

So I’ve been pretty behind in watching season 13, and I just finished the episode where VK gets called in for “not being herself” and she blamed the fact that she was distracted on not making SG. Correct me if I’m wrong but if anyone else had said that, they more than likely would’ve gotten their ass chewed. Which Kelli kinda put her in her place but it was like a little slap on the wrist compared to what she would have said, had it been anyone else. 

Chewed up and handed back to them on a gleaming platter!

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'm not entirely sure VK is a done deal this year. I think she looks better in the style than we saw of her at this time last year, but still not amazing in it. She will always be a flawed dancer and I 100% blame her mother for that. Weight continues to be a battle and while her face is mildly trimmer, she's no where near the DCC standard. I don't believe it's even attainable given her genes and body type. If you can't do it when you're young, perky with a lot of extra collagen flowing in your skin; age will not be your friend. 

But, what immediately struck me during auditions was when MVP Weatherman spoke the truth it wasn't just Kelli's eyes that flew out of their sockets, but also Charlotte's. They both equally defended her and Char even noted she was one of her favorites for the day. 

Now, I still can't figure out why Char would have such a reaction to the girl but for whatever tie there was---it got severed at some point. If Kelli did indeed, and I 100% believe she did, begged for 2 additional spots so VK could have stayed, Char would have had the opportunity to save her and didn't. 

Kelli may be blind, but Char isn't. And without Char's support VK may never see the inside of TC again. 

I don’t think Charlotte cares about quality that much. If Kelli is willing to cut enough vets and potential rookies with actual talent to bring VK in TC and the squad, then Charlotte will be ok. Having an extra cheerleader just to appease TK and VK? Yeah not gonna happen.

18 hours ago, Holly85 said:

It looks like tess is re auditioning she looks to be working on her solo with Denise 

So it looks like Maddie will be GL1 (hopefully not), Amy will be GL2 (I have a feeling she will stay too) and Tess GL3. That leaves one opening for GL which I assume would go to Khalyn if she returns, but I hope Heather will be given a chance considering that she filled in for Khalyn this year and was sent out to all important appearances.

As for Maddie, I just want to say that making her GL was premature and it was obvious during the GL scene with K&J. I don’t think she should be GL1 at all.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Lmr29 said:

I seriously hope not. I had to unfollow her because she is so cringey to watch. I wish someone , anyone would give the girl feedback about her claw hands , she has the biggest hands and when she dances ... she doesn’t know what to do with them. They separate like claws and flap around everywhere. 

I wish she would just do herself a solid and move on, but sadly I don’t think she has anything else going for her. I don’t think she has a job besides fitness classes, and I don’t understand how she pays for all of the prep classes ? 

Anywho, not a waldrop fan.. she was awful on silver dancers and screwed up most of the dances then and will do it on any other dance team 

Must be why she didn't make it back for a 2nd season. 

ATTN: DCC hopefuls and current DCC vets,

Kelli is taking inventory on who she's gonna cut in order to get her baby VK, on the team. She's gone full Judy Trammel (on steroids), the Cassie Years. Bring you’re A++++ game ladies, or get cut. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
On 3/25/2019 at 6:08 PM, dreamcatcher said:

So it looks like Maddie will be GL1 (hopefully not), Amy will be GL2 (I have a feeling she will stay too) and Tess GL3. That leaves one opening for GL which I assume would go to Khalyn if she returns, but I hope Heather will be given a chance considering that she filled in for Khalyn this year and was sent out to all important appearances.

If Amy is back, I think she will be Group Leader #1.  She is the most senior vet, she seems the most mature, and has lots of teaching experience from running her own dance studio. Seems like she’s be the best fit for that role and to lead the team. Plus I just really like her!

Edited by Stee
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don’t think Charlotte cares about quality that much. If Kelli is willing to cut enough vets and potential rookies with actual talent to bring VK in TC and the squad, then Charlotte will be ok. Having an extra cheerleader just to appease TK and VK? Yeah not gonna happen.

As for Maddie, I just want to say that making her GL was premature and it was obvious during the GL scene with K&J. I don’t think she should be GL1 at all.

I seriously doubt that. I would not be surprised if Kelli did want VK on the team last year, and Charlotte said absolutely not. The real story was coming out about VK and her actions and being told she had a guaranteed spot on the team, but she made mistakes after mistakes leading her to be cut. Kelli wanted Kalyssa to stay on the team, but Charlotte said cut her. Kelli wanted the last two girls to be cut on the team at the end of last year's TC, Charlotte said no. If Charlotte found out Kelli wanted to cut a certain veteran, so VK could make the team, and she did not like the idea, she would have told Kelli absolutely not.

11 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

she just sat and basked in the praise without continuing to improve.

LOL I like your posts, so no tomatoes from me...besides, I like tomatoes, I prefer to keep them for myself 😛  That being said, in Victoria's defense, maybe she didn't think she needed to improve if all she was hearing was praise.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Depending on which vets return, it's possible Gina is made a GL.  Or at least a 2nd GL.

• Love 2

Here are my guesses for Group Leaders:

1sts: Amy, Maddie, Tess and Khalyn/Heather. 

2nds: Miranda, Gina, Lexie and ... ???

TBD: Kelli, Lauren and Tasha would all be shoo-ins for leadership for seem like they are potentially retiring?  

I could also strangely see Savannah being a group leader, since it’s obvious they really love her on the team but has always been made out to be one of the weaker dancers. I just have a sneakin suspicion.  But who knows, maybe they’ll surprise us with one of the stronger rookies like Daphne or Bridget!

• Love 4

Char's job is the Dallas Cowboys' Executive Vice President and Chief Brand Officer...she absolutely, without a single question or thought cares about the DCC and what they bring, or don't bring, to the Cowboys Brand. 

She may not be in the studio every practice or hands on when it comes to the girls individually, but I 100% guarantee that there has not been one major issue that she has not weighed in on. Ensuring the DCC shed a positive light on the Cowboys Brand is 100% part of her job.

There was a reason the past few seasons have featured Char talking about the positives of being a DCC, how empowering the position is down to that ridiculously graduation ceremony and speech about how they value school (as if) blah, blah, blah. 

If Char wants a dancer on the team, or off the team, Kelli will have no choice but to listen and obey---Char IS Kelli's boss. Her power is endless, we just don't see it wielded in the open.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Stee said:

Here are my guesses for Group Leaders:

1sts: Amy, Maddie, Tess and Khalyn/Heather. 

2nds: Miranda, Gina, Lexie and ... ???

TBD: Kelli, Lauren and Tasha would all be shoo-ins for leadership for seem like they are potentially retiring?  

I could also strangely see Savannah being a group leader, since it’s obvious they really love her on the team but has always been made out to be one of the weaker dancers. I just have a sneakin suspicion.  But who knows, maybe they’ll surprise us with one of the stronger rookies like Daphne or Bridget!

I think khayln is retiring 

• Love 2

I know this is off topic but I can't find a topic where this would be fitting that anyone really replies to anymore. I just want to know how in the heck some of the girls find apartments so quickly. For example, Season 6, Mackenzie mentions on the day her and Veronica are moving into their apartment that it's only been 4 days since Finals. How... Maybe it's different in certain areas and states, but where I live, probably about 97% of apartments around here don't have any availability for MONTHS. You'd think in a big area like Dallas, it would be similar situation. And at the same time, Karissa Lynae is talking about how she's been looking everywhere and she can't find any place that has availability. It just doesn't make sense to me. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Stee said:

But who knows, maybe they’ll surprise us with one of the stronger rookies like Daphne or Bridget!

Although early in both Daphne & Bridget’s DCC careers, I think they both are strong & could both be 2nd GL material.  Plus didn’t Daphne take point on the ground formation at the Star’s Christmas show?  With Bridget in the triangle with her?  We’ve already seen Bridget at point on her former squad so know she’s strong.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SkysMama94 said:

I know this is off topic but I can't find a topic where this would be fitting that anyone really replies to anymore. I just want to know how in the heck some of the girls find apartments so quickly. For example, Season 6, Mackenzie mentions on the day her and Veronica are moving into their apartment that it's only been 4 days since Finals. How... Maybe it's different in certain areas and states, but where I live, probably about 97% of apartments around here don't have any availability for MONTHS. You'd think in a big area like Dallas, it would be similar situation. And at the same time, Karissa Lynae is talking about how she's been looking everywhere and she can't find any place that has availability. It just doesn't make sense to me. 

If the college students are moving back home for the summer, there would be vacancies.  In the earlier seasons it seemed like a lot of the girls lived in the same apartment building.

Karissa - her situation almost seemed scripted.

22 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

If the college students are moving back home for the summer, there would be vacancies.  In the earlier seasons it seemed like a lot of the girls lived in the same apartment building.

Yeah her situation was very much scripted 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

That's true, plus some of them might be lease take-overs or something. I didn't think about that. A lot of college students here have people take over their lease until the end of summer. And yeah, Karissa's story just seemed too "problematic" to be completely true. But who knows, maybe that was what she was going through.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Char IS Kelli's boss. Her power is endless, we just don't see it wielded in the open.  

True. I have a feeling she's not the micromanager type, but steps in when necessary.

3 hours ago, go4luca said:

We’ve already seen Bridget at point on her former squad so know she’s strong.

That's just it, she's a DCC rookie but not a rookie to NFL dancing.  I could see her as a 2GL, but my guess is going to Molly.

• Love 1

Just going on record to say I hope they don't cut vets this year. They all seem strong. Unfortunately I see K and J cutting a few just to make more room which is kind of sad. VK is a done deal (and she looks good in that video). So very few spots are open at the moment. I have a feeling we are going to see several former TCC try to make it this year - and they won't.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Fan said:

Hey - sorry if this has been discussed already...but anyone heard an update about Lauren now that she’s engaged?  Love this forum btw!

Nothing yet 

1 hour ago, Christineelgene said:

I copied this list from a FB fan site, so no guarantee of accuracy, but it looks like it is accurate 

Here's a list of comeback girls auditioning again this year. You might recognize quite a few! 

DCC 2019 Tryouts

[snip]

That list was copied from the first page of this thread. Dccfan37 posted it on Jan 13. Nice of the FB group to credit their source.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Macy @macythemermaid

I don't think she ever auditioned. She even posted here and said she only takes prep classes for fun.

• Love 1
On 3/26/2019 at 1:13 AM, SkysMama94 said:

I think in most parts of the country where there's a lot of land, and new complexes being built all over the place, you could probably find something fairly quickly if you're not super price-conscious. With Karissa, I suspect it was more "I can't find anything I can afford" than "I can't find an apartment, period."

• Love 1
18 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

That list was copied from the first page of this thread. Dccfan37 posted it on Jan 13. Nice of the FB group to credit their source.

Hey hey that’s me! 

• Love 2
On 3/25/2019 at 8:13 AM, EricaShadows said:

I also agree with you regarding Charlotte at auditions.  If Kelli didn't have Charlotte's backing at auditions, while she might have stuck to her guns regarding Victoria staying, it's more likely she would have caved to the other judges (or at least had a MUCH harder time over-ruling them to have Victoria stay).

I wonder if they’ll have Scott Padgett judging this year. His dissent regarding Victoria was likely overdramatized on MTT, but it would be revealing if he’s excluded.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I wonder if they’ll have Scott Padgett judging this year. His dissent regarding Victoria was likely overdramatized on MTT, but it would be revealing if he’s excluded.

I hope he comes back and isn't "cut" just because he said something that Kelli (and, to some degree, Charlotte) disagreed with.  The closest example I can come to this was when Jay Johnson was, if I remember correctly, arguing against bringing Cassie Trammel back her last year.  Up until that year, Jay Johnson was featured fairly often throughout the season, but that season and forward, he was barely shown, much less featured and really only during the judging panel.  It takes guts to speak up and say something when you know it won't be "favorably" accepted by the very people who asked you to be there, even if what you say is the truth as you see it.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

This girl is auditioning for the 7th time!! She's currently on the USA cheerleaders. Her name is Shannon.

53155187_10156547193068813_2901296549281

Hey that’s my name! Lol. Just felt like I should point that out. 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I hope he comes back and isn't "cut" just because he said something that Kelli (and, to some degree, Charlotte) disagreed with.  The closest example I can come to this was when Jay Johnson was, if I remember correctly, arguing against bringing Cassie Trammel back her last year.  Up until that year, Jay Johnson was featured fairly often throughout the season, but that season and forward, he was barely shown, much less featured and really only during the judging panel.  It takes guts to speak up and say something when you know it won't be "favorably" accepted by the very people who asked you to be there, even if what you say is the truth as you see it.

This is a good point!  They are there to judge.  But how can judges be impartial if they feel there could be negative consequences for speaking their unpopular opinion?  

• Love 1

So Gina posted on her IG story thanking Nicole Bulcher for helping them get calendar ready. I’m assuming that means everyone there except for Kashara are returning. Here’s who was there:

Kelli

Daphne

Gina

Miranda

Gabby

Rachel

Savannah

Bridget

Rachel W.

Tess 

Kashara (??)

Heather

If all of them have been confirmed for returning and y’all already knew this, my bad. But I’m pretty sure there’s a few on this list that haven’t said if they’re coming back or not yet.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, SkysMama94 said:

So Gina posted on her IG story thanking Nicole Bulcher for helping them get calendar ready. I’m assuming that means everyone there except for Kashara are returning. Here’s who was there:

Kelli

Daphne

Gina

Miranda

Gabby

Rachel

Savannah

Bridget

Rachel W.

Tess 

Kashara (??)

Heather

If all of them have been confirmed for returning and y’all already knew this, my bad. But I’m pretty sure there’s a few on this list that haven’t said if they’re coming back or not yet.

We haven’t heard anything abt Kelli’s plans 

6 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

This girl is auditioning for the 7th time!! She's currently on the USA cheerleaders. Her name is Shannon.

53155187_10156547193068813_2901296549281

I hope she does good this year ! I’m rooting for her !!! 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Inside information on another site said Cassie was not doing her rehab after her last knee surgery, and her should she be brought back for her fifth season discussion took longer than what was shown on the show. Jay may have brought up the fact she was not doing her rehab, and I bet Charlotte and Kelli were not happy about it. I also remember Judy not being pro Yuko the year Yuko tried out, and Charlotte was not happy about it. Charlotte and Kelli, in my opinion, are the two who have a final say so in who makes the team, with Judy getting minor say so in who finally makes it.

On 3/23/2019 at 2:50 PM, MrsEVH said:
On 3/23/2019 at 10:58 AM, TeacherWoman said:

I was on the Patriots cheerleader page and saw they require women to have a GED or high school diploma at the time of the audition.  Seems like a good idea.  I personally would like to see DCC raise the minimum age but if they need to hang on to how it has always been, at least the GED/diploma at the time of audition would weed out some immature candidates.  In defense of 18-year-old women (who I work with daily) it would be difficult to step from high school culture to quasi-corporate culture (speak like a management trainee but look sexy to make the men think things that if acted on would land them in the HR office) in just a matter of days.  

Most HS seniors don't graduate until June; at least that's how it is here in Wisconsin. Since auditions are in May how does that work?  I recall Kathryn Dunn in season 3 saying at prelims she " would" be graduating from (name) of school.

If auditions are in May and graduation is in June, young women would be eligible for audition 11 months after graduation.  Those 11 months can make a huge difference in maturity level.

• Love 2

I would like to take a survey of all the girls that audition.  I want to know how much money they spend on audition outfit, solo costume (which they will not get to wear if they don't make finals), choreography, travel expense, motel, rent a car, food, all the prep classes they take.   I would bet you they have already chosen the girls that CMT are going to feature this year.  The recruiters  give a heads up to Kelli before it even starts.   The whole thing is so rigged.  The girls that audition are willing to do  anything it takes. That girl that is trying out for the 7th time this year will never make it.  She honestly thinks she has a good chance.  It is all so weird to me.  If these girls would spend this much time getting a good career going it would make more sense.  

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I would like to take a survey of all the girls that audition.  I want to know how much money they spend on audition outfit, solo costume (which they will not get to wear if they don't make finals), choreography, travel expense, motel, rent a car, food, all the prep classes they take.   I would bet you they have already chosen the girls that CMT are going to feature this year.  The recruiters  give a heads up to Kelli before it even starts.   The whole thing is so rigged.  The girls that audition are willing to do  anything it takes. That girl that is trying out for the 7th time this year will never make it.  She honestly thinks she has a good chance.  It is all so weird to me.  If these girls would spend this much time getting a good career going it would make more sense.  

I think this is much much like pro sports when it comes to recruiting.  Those who are recruited usually have a better chance than the walk ins.  Some DCC Candidates are definitely recruited, as evidenced by the big number of ladies from college teams this past season.  Kelli, etc. have dossiers and recommendations on them, as they have mentioned in the past.  I believe that the recruited candidates are featured more because they have a better chance of making the squad, at least on paper.  But there is always a surprise or two, which makes it more interesting.  

6 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Please delete if not appropriate.

5FB740FA-CBFB-47C6-B187-73AFC2BF98A2.jpeg

I noticed Natalie Woods posting about auditions a lot too!! With her being being a producer on the show it makes me think that it is perhaps likely the show is coming back!! 😊 Fingers crossed! 

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

I think this is much much like pro sports when it comes to recruiting.  Those who are recruited usually have a better chance than the walk ins.  Some DCC Candidates are definitely recruited, as evidenced by the big number of ladies from college teams this past season.  Kelli, etc. have dossiers and recommendations on them, as they have mentioned in the past.  I believe that the recruited candidates are featured more because they have a better chance of making the squad, at least on paper.  But there is always a surprise or two, which makes it more interesting.  

They have focused on girls who probably were not recruited. I seriously doubt Morgan from Season 8 was recruited. CMT takes a look at the girls trying out and decides which one to focus on for ratings and drama. Just like Melissa the Mentor "picking" girls to work with. She works with the girls CMT picks. I am not buying she really wanted Breelan to make the squad in Season 9.

53 minutes ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

I noticed Natalie Woods posting about auditions a lot too!! With her being being a producer on the show it makes me think that it is perhaps likely the show is coming back!! 😊 Fingers crossed! 

I saw this too and was encouraged.

• Love 1
On 3/23/2019 at 3:13 PM, SanDiegoGal said:

I'm a Khalyn fan. I'd love to see her in triangle.

I totally agree ~ after seeing her dance in some of the most recent prep videos, it reminds me of what an amazing dancer she is and she's beautiful.......I personally think she's worthy of being point !!  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

They have focused on girls who probably were not recruited. I seriously doubt Morgan from Season 8 was recruited. CMT takes a look at the girls trying out and decides which one to focus on for ratings and drama. Just like Melissa the Mentor "picking" girls to work with. She works with the girls CMT picks. I am not buying she really wanted Breelan to make the squad in Season 9.

Morgan was not per say recruited but she def WAS on their radar from Kitty C classes and not just showed up out of the blue. They picked her ahead of time.

Why anybody thinks this is just a Cinderella story of girls who randomly show up and become princesses is beyond me. Especially after the show started and esp last five yeas or so like nobody just shows up out of the blue. 

• Love 3

Oh a few show up out of the blue, like the one who did it just to support her friend (but the supporter was NOT serious about actually making the squad).  It just seems like there's a rare few who DO show up and make it all the way that I want to know about.