Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Holly85 said:
5 hours ago, Roo22 said:

Wow. We're always so far off

It’s always someone we least expect 

Which is why I had her as a dark horse favorite for ROTY.  Yay!!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I posted this in another thread. But thought that I would also share it here since Whitney has made TC in the past...

please delete if now allowed!

AA55B6C0-6523-4E59-B27C-7DCC02E67427.jpeg

That's Whitney...I think she was a TC candidate in 2017 and was released.  Kelli told her that her talents were probably better suited for another team. She tried again the next year and didn't make it past finals.  She then went to the Miami Dolphins.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dccfan37 said:

That’s definitely my guess

That's my guess...and 2nd leaders: I'm thinking Lexie, Lauren, Miranda, and Gina (although I think she will be a PITA in that role...).  Gina is a good dancer but I could see her trying to take over. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Kayce said:

That's my guess...and 2nd leaders: I'm thinking Lexie, Lauren, Miranda, and Gina (although I think she will be a PITA in that role...).  Gina is a good dancer but I could see her trying to take over. 

Agree on all of this 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I think Christina or Rachel have a good shot at being 2nd leaders. I'm not a huge Christina fan by any means but if she doesn't get cut at finals, she serves as a good example of perseverance for those who've tried out multiple times and she's a little older than most of the girls on the squad. Rachel just seems like someone I'd get along with, that's why I'd pick her! She's always been a blender but the team needs them too. Maybe Alexis might be one too? 

Lauren and Miranda are two definites I think, Lauren is one of my faves and Miranda seems like a favourite amongst K&J plus does a lot of the DCC camps. Lexie would be a great shout too.

I love Gina but she's not a leader for me. She's a great dancer, let's face it, one of the best all-rounders on the team but she still doesn't strike me as someone who will teach and help the next crop of DCCs.

• Love 5
On 1/13/2019 at 6:47 PM, Loves2Dance said:

From last years TTC I'd like to see Taylor T and Lily come back and audition. I also like Madi (Ice Angels) and hope she tries out again. 

I really hope Lily makes it this year...I'd also like to see Madi come back and Jasmin 🙂

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

I think Christina or Rachel have a good shot at being 2nd leaders. I'm not a huge Christina fan by any means but if she doesn't get cut at finals, she serves as a good example of perseverance for those who've tried out multiple times and she's a little older than most of the girls on the squad. Rachel just seems like someone I'd get along with, that's why I'd pick her! She's always been a blender but the team needs them too. Maybe Alexis might be one too? 

Lauren and Miranda are two definites I think, Lauren is one of my faves and Miranda seems like a favourite amongst K&J plus does a lot of the DCC camps. Lexie would be a great shout too.

I love Gina but she's not a leader for me. She's a great dancer, let's face it, one of the best all-rounders on the team but she still doesn't strike me as someone who will teach and help the next crop of DCCs.

That's why I made the comment about her being a PITA in that role if it's given to her 🙂

I love Rachel A as well...I'd be happy with Rachel or Savannah as second leaders.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kayce said:

That's Whitney...I think she was a TC candidate in 2017 and was released.  Kelli told her that her talents were probably better suited for another team. She tried again the next year and didn't make it past finals.  She then went to the Miami Dolphins.

She was on the Ice Angels after getting cut from TC and then was a Dolphins cheerleader for 2 seasons. She also was a Texas Legends Dancer a few years ago. IMO she just ruined any chance she had making it back to the Dolphins or any other squad.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

She was on the Ice Angels after getting cut from TC and then was a Dolphins cheerleader for 2 seasons. She also was a Texas Legends Dancer a few years ago. IMO she just ruined any chance she had making it back to the Dolphins or any other squad.

I completely agree with you !! They don't want negative publicity like that.  

So do you think the physician is going to tryout again?  Since she's tried out for umpteen years now...would be weird if she didn't!!

So I am hoping Heather getting voty means she will be in the triangle. I am going to hope to see a Maddie, Heather, Amy triangle. I agree with someone up thread who said Gina is too distracting for the triangle.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

VOTY and ROTY is decided by a team vote and K&J?

The girls vote, and I bet Charlotte, Kelli and Judy approved the winners.

1 minute ago, Jennv said:

So I am hoping Heather getting voty means she will be in the triangle. I am going to hope to see a Maddie, Heather, Amy triangle. I agree with someone up thread who said Gina is too distracting for the triangle.

I do not think Heather getting VOTY means she will be in the triangle. Kelli and Judy decide who is in the triangle, not the girls.

8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The girls vote, and I bet Charlotte, Kelli and Judy approved the winners.

I do not think Heather getting VOTY means she will be in the triangle. Kelli and Judy decide who is in the triangle, not the girls.

I've listened to a few non-Shannon podcasts this season, everyone talks highly of Heather. IMO. She gives off a calm, nurturing and motherly vibe.

• Love 4

I’m always struck by how young Heather looks in non DCC photos! Not in a bad or “too” young way, but definitely different than she comes across in uniform. 

Also, is Daphne super tiny and I’ve just never noticed?

(edited)
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

I completely agree with you !! They don't want negative publicity like that.  

So do you think the physician is going to tryout again?  Since she's tried out for umpteen years now...would be weird if she didn't!!

Especially with the lawsuit by the former Dolphins cheerleader and the remarks about her virginity. Brooke Sorenson Nix (former DCC) was named in it and ended up leaving . I don't know if she resigned or was fired/let go. I don't see them letting Whitney come back.

I think the Physician will try out again but might not be featured. She does it just for fun.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, amandaellen87 said:

I saw a pic of Maddie in an insta story, she looked tiny. It breaks my heart when vets come in looking bad. She looks awesome! I love Maddie, she looks ready to take on auditions. 

She always rocks auditions!! 🙂

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, KatieC said:

Brennan’s dress at the banquet was an interesting choice. I didn’t care for it at all. 

Yikes! I just saw it. Looks like she raided Dolly Parton's closet

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Yikes! I just saw it. Looks like she raided Dolly Parton's closet

It was definitely different...and normally she's on point with her outfit choices 🙂

• Love 1

Kelli is the one I thought looked a mess. That girl tries way too hard to try to look over sexy and comes off looking cheap. Take a tip from Tasha to figure out how to do sexy without cheap and tacky. 

Kashara's was prob my fave, but tie for Tess and Khalyn for looking perfection. Those two, I swear. Perfection. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Kelli is the one I thought looked a mess. That girl tries way too hard to try to look over sexy and comes off looking cheap. Take a tip from Tasha to figure out how to do sexy without cheap and tacky. 

Kashara's was prob my fave, but tie for Tess and Khalyn for looking perfection. Those two, I swear. Perfection. 

Queens.

• Love 7

I think Gabby’s dress was a beautiful color, but couldn’t help but think it was hiding her tummy. (I don’t think she’s big, but she’s got such a tiny frame which needs to be kept tight)

• Love 1
On 4/2/2019 at 2:49 PM, TexasBorn said:

I wanted Khalyn as point from day one, too. I would love to see Heather as point but she needs more power and pop. IMO. If Heather is point and they put Gina in the triangle, their dance moves, side by side, will not look congruent. 

Khalyn is so beautiful too. She would definitely add that little extra spark needed for point. Heather is a good dancer, but has never wowed me like some of the others. That is why Kashara got point, not seniority etc., but she had the "it" factor.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Kayce said:

This does not surprise me at all!! She always came across as a little obsessive and creepy. You could tell that K&J felt the same way when they told her DCC was not a fit for her. 

• Love 3

I will definitely miss the girls retiring, especially Tasha, Khalyn, and Lacey.  But, I am so excited about the large number of upper vets that will be on the team next year. There should be tons of leadership and maturity.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

This does not surprise me at all!! She always came across as a little obsessive and creepy. You could tell that K&J felt the same way when they told her DCC was not a fit for her. 

I’m not surprised either. She was weird in her cut scene to K&J. 

There was a whole group of Ice Angels/ DCC rejects that went to Miami. The others seem to be doing well there. 

31 minutes ago, KatieC said:

I’m not surprised either. She was weird in her cut scene to K&J. 

There was a whole group of Ice Angels/ DCC rejects that went to Miami. The others seem to be doing well there. 

Jaime and Jenny both seem to be loving it In MIAMI 

Thoughts? Not sure about Tess there because she was farther back last year, but she's tall and will probably be a group leader. I think that would be a good diamond.                                                       

Amy/Heather

Amy/Heather   Madeline

Gina             Tess             Lexie                          

Lauren       Bridget           Jalyn         Daphne                                                                               

Amber                            Hannah                         Caroline

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Slate said:

I will definitely miss the girls retiring, especially Tasha, Khalyn, and Lacey.  But, I am so excited about the large number of upper vets that will be on the team next year. There should be tons of leadership and maturity.

Amy is 5 year, then who else is 4 year? I only recall Heather and Maddie.

5 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Thoughts? Not sure about Tess there because she was farther back last year, but she's tall and will probably be a group leader. I think that would be a good diamond.                                                       

Amy/Heather

Amy/Heather   Madeline

I was hoping for Khalyn for point, but since she's retiring, then I need to pick a new favorite. I've always liked Amy and I'm all for her as GL1. Can she bring the extra pizazz for point? That's the question. I love, love, love Bridget, Jalyn & Daphne, so I'd move any/all of them closer to the front if I could, but I think you are right that Gina, Tess and Lexie will more likely take the spots behind the triangle.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I consider third year and up, upper vets. I may be wrong about that.

7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Amy is a four year vet. She will be trying out for her fifth year (in otherwords a five year vet candidate.) Maddie is a three year veteran. None of the vets trying out again have another year under their belts until they make it back to TC and the new 2019-2020 squad is announced.

20 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Amy is a four year vet. She will be trying out for her fifth year (in otherwords a five year vet candidate.) Maddie is a three year veteran. None of the vets trying out again have another year under their belts until they make it back to TC and the new 2019-2020 squad is announced.

Yeah I know that this is how it works technically, but they are not cutting Amy and Maddie so for me they are already going for their 5th and 4th year.

I forgot Tess! I don’t consider 3rd year vets as upper vets mostly because most girls stay up to 3 yrs, but going for a 4th of 5th year is relatively rare. But yeah they will have a huge 3rd year class this season so hopefully we will have more girls stay on for 4-5 years in total.

• Love 1

I personally would not say none of the vets would be cut. I wait to see who is still on the squad when the 2019-2020 team is finally announced. The girls know not to count their chickens before they hatch.

Speaking of Gabby... There is a reporter/news anchor on one of the local television station I watch who could be Gabby's twin. The reporter could try out for the team herself. She has the beauty, personality and brains to do it. If she had the dance talent, she could blow a lot of the vets out of the water.

51 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I personally would not say none of the vets would be cut. I wait to see who is still on the squad when the 2019-2020 team is finally announced. The girls know not to count their chickens before they hatch.

Speaking of Gabby... There is a reporter/news anchor on one of the local television station I watch who could be Gabby's twin. The reporter could try out for the team herself. She has the beauty, personality and brains to do it. If she had the dance talent, she could blow a lot of the vets out of the water.

Yeah but have they ever cut a girl going for her 4/5th year? Especially now that they only have 4 of them? Unless they decide to do it for the drama this year which I wouldn’t put past them tbh.

4 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Yeah but have they ever cut a girl going for her 4/5th year? Especially now that they only have 4 of them? Unless they decide to do it for the drama this year which I wouldn’t put past them tbh.

Jasmine was going for her fourth year in Season 10, and she was cut. I believe there was one girl in Season 3 who was going for her fourth year, and she was cut. Erica was going for her fourth year, and she was cut. Just because they are short on girls with more than three years on the squad does not mean a veteran would not be cut. Look at Tara last year and Raylee. No one thought they would be cut at finals or during TC.

28 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Jasmine was going for her fourth year in Season 10, and she was cut. I believe there was one girl in Season 3 who was going for her fourth year, and she was cut. Erica was going for her fourth year, and she was cut. Just because they are short on girls with more than three years on the squad does not mean a veteran would not be cut. Look at Tara last year and Raylee. No one thought they would be cut at finals or during TC.

Fair enough, I forgot about Jasmine. But she wasn’t nowhere near being a GL and her audition was awful. I don’t think Erica’s cut is relevant in the sense that she wasn’t able to actually work for the dcc and apparently broke the rules so she would have been cut whether she was on her first or 6th year. I don’t doubt a senior vet could get cut in TC if something serious enough happens; but I don’t believe they would cut a GL during finals.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Amy/Heather

Amy/Heather   Madeline

Don't forget point doesn't necessarily go by seniority.  It still could be anyone's game to win.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Fair enough, I forgot about Jasmine. But she wasn’t nowhere near being a GL and her audition was awful. I don’t think Erica’s cut is relevant in the sense that she wasn’t able to actually work for the dcc and apparently broke the rules so she would have been cut whether she was on her first or 6th year. I don’t doubt a senior vet could get cut in TC if something serious enough happens; but I don’t believe they would cut a GL during finals.

One of the girls who was cut in Season 3 was an assistant group leader the year before she was cut. Meredith was almost cut in Season 5 for weight and she was going for her fourth year and was group leader. Nicole Hamilton was on the bubble her fourth year for flunking the DCC test, and she was group leader and point leader. Heather was assistant group leader her second year, and she thought she was going to be cut last year. It look like Erica was going to be an All-Star and would have been sent out on appearances, so yes, she would have been working for the organization. And lets not forget, a vet can have a crappy solo and still be brought back.

None of the vets are totally safe from being cut. An injury, doing something to piss off TPTB, weight gain, slacking off, etc. etc. can lead to the door.

16 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Don't forget point doesn't necessarily go by seniority.  It still could be anyone's game to win.

I would love to see one of the star rookies at point!

11 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

One of the girls who was cut in Season 3 was an assistant group leader the year before she was cut. Meredith was almost cut in Season 5 for weight and she was going for her fourth year and was group leader. Nicole Hamilton was on the bubble her fourth year for flunking the DCC test, and she was group leader and point leader. Heather was assistant group leader her second year, and she thought she was going to be cut last year. It look like Erica was going to be an All-Star and would have been sent out on appearances, so yes, she would have been working for the organization. And lets not forget, a vet can have a crappy solo and still be brought back.

None of the vets are totally safe from being cut. An injury, doing something to piss off TPTB, weight gain, slacking off, etc. etc. can lead to the door.

Wait wait wait, my girl Heather thought she was getting cut? Was this on the show or inside info? #leaveHeatheralone #i’mtalkingtoyouKelli

I don’t remember the other cases, but Meredith and Nicole weren’t really at risk. Especially in the last few years most of the GL were on WW. Even the last 2 point girls were battling weight. They tried to scare Kashara into shape too. And  there was no way they would cut someone like Nicole just because of the test, but they have to act tough.

• Love 3
(edited)

NONE of the girls are safe until they've actually made the squad, though they usually don't cut vets during Training Camp (thought there have been exceptions, Tara being the most recent).  The fact that they HAVE cut girls going into their 3rd/4th/5th year should remind the vets they aren't totally safe.  Jasmine (cut for having a bad Final audition and getting outperformed going into her 4th year) and Selena (cut for weight going into her 3rd? year) though a lot of the vets don't seem to even think about that part until/unless they have to (probably so they don't psych themselves out to the point they screw up enough to be cut).  If vets are cut, I hope it's only because they didn't push themselves hard enough or the rookies candidates were just that good and not because Kelli was trying to make sure there was enough room on the squad for Victoria.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 6