Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

I'm sorry, but an Amy, Heather, Maddie triangle would put me to sleep. Those girls all seem perfectly nice but their dancing is lackluster to me (so is Tess's), with the exception of Maddie. It's a good thing the current rookie class is strong because the squad is losing a lot of memorable vets. 

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I'm sorry, but an Amy, Heather, Maddie triangle would put me to sleep. Those girls all seem perfectly nice but their dancing is lackluster to me (so is Tess's), with the exception of Maddie. It's a good thing the current rookie class is strong because the squad is losing a lot of memorable vets. 

Bridget/Daphne (point), with Jalyn & Hannah in triangle.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

These two both said they will be auditioning this year.

Taylor Tauss

Grace Blanchard

Taylor’s insta story shows them as trying out and making AZ Cards cheer??  Maybe the pics weren’t recent?  

Edited by KatieC
11 minutes ago, KatieC said:

Taylor’s insta story shows them as trying out and making AZ Cards cheer??  Maybe the pics weren’t recent?  

If they did try out they didn’t make the final squad 

• Love 1

When it comes to who gets point, group leader, VOTY, ROTY, etc. etc. I really could care less. I am more concern about the safety and well being of the girls. I cannot imagine the stress the girls are under and do not understand why they feel they need to sign their lives over for an organization who main concern is making money and the need to proof they are the absolute best in the universe.

And yes, I understand the girls could say no thank you, but still... To me, it is just a cult with CMT, Kelli, and Charlotte as the cult leaders blindly leading the girls' to believe the hype they love to spread around.

5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

When it comes to who gets point, group leader, VOTY, ROTY, etc. etc. I really could care less. I am more concern about the safety and well being of the girls. I cannot imagine the stress the girls are under and do not understand why they feel they need to sign their lives over for an organization who main concern is making money and the need to proof they are the absolute best in the universe.

And yes, I understand the girls could say no thank you, but still... To me, it is just a cult with CMT, Kelli, and Charlotte as the cult leaders blindly leading the girls' to believe the hype they love to spread around.

May I ask a question?  Please know I in no way mean this as an attack or personal slam to you.  But you don't seem to enjoy this show (especially recent seasons) or the organization very much so I can't help wonder why do you watch the show?

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, go4luca said:

May I ask a question?  Please know I in no way mean this as an attack or personal slam to you.  But you don't seem to enjoy this show (especially recent seasons) or the organization very much so I can't help wonder why do you watch the show?

I guess it is my guilty pleasure show. When I first started watching the show, I enjoyed seeing the girls trying out and seeing who made the team. After reading and seeing in the inside story of what has been going on behind the scenes has left a dirty taste in my mouth. I hate seeing what some of the girls have been through in order to make the team. Hearing stories or eating disorders in order to fit in the uniform, the way the girls get treated by CMT, Charlotte and Kelli, the favoritism being shown, etc. etc. makes me angry. I do like certain girls who try out and/or makes the team, but I wonder if it is really worth it. I know the DCC Organization is not the first or last organization to treat women like crap, but still...

(edited)
10 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I guess it is my guilty pleasure show. When I first started watching the show, I enjoyed seeing the girls trying out and seeing who made the team. After reading and seeing in the inside story of what has been going on behind the scenes has left a dirty taste in my mouth. I hate seeing what some of the girls have been through in order to make the team. Hearing stories or eating disorders in order to fit in the uniform, the way the girls get treated by CMT, Charlotte and Kelli, the favoritism being shown, etc. etc. makes me angry. I do like certain girls who try out and/or makes the team, but I wonder if it is really worth it. I know the DCC Organization is not the first or last organization to treat women like crap, but still...

Thanks for taking the time to reply.   I appreciate you knew I wasn't slamming you. 

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Taylor Tauss

Grace Blanchard

The other one Grace, must have been a Phoenix Suns Dancer. There's a picture on Taylor's IG of her and another girl (looks like Grace) in a Suns Dancer uniform.

13 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

The other one Grace, must have been a Phoenix Suns Dancer. There's a picture on Taylor's IG of her and another girl (looks like Grace) in a Suns Dancer uniform.

Grace was an Oklahoma City Thunder.  I read that her dad died last year ad her grandma the year before.

I binged watched all of last season today.  I haven't watched it since the show ended.  I just want to point out that I cannot believe that Malena was the last cut.  It was so obvious that she should of been the FIRST cut.  It will be very interesting to see how she auditions this year.  If she doesn't pick up the choreography during auditions, they better not bring her into TC.  Kelli and Judy kept saying how difficult the cuts were.  It really didn't seem that hard to me.  I mean Malena was such an obvious choice from the very beginning of training camp, and for Lily who was never called into the office all of TC except for the last night, was cut before Malena!  I also didn't like how Malena handled being cut.   I thought she was very unprofessional.  I was cringing the whole time.  

Also Ashlee was very close to being cut.  It will be interesting to see how much she has improved at auditions.  I really like her.  I hope she makes it back for a second year.

Lastly, I really hope there will be a new season of DCC: Making the Team!!  I'm a little worried a new season as not been announced yet.

• Love 4

Kelli wanted to take the last two girls cut on the team, but Charlotte said no. Just shows to prove Charlotte makes a lot more decisions about who stays and who goes than Kelli and Judy do.

They probably will announced a new season by May.

3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I fully believe we are all entitled to our own opinions, and not disputing anything you are saying, just wanted to pop in and say I have actually heard the opposite regarding eating disorders in the past few years-which I look at as a good thing! There will always be the girls who take it almosttt too far, but Kelli/Judy don't measure them strictly by weight. They only pull them aside if they start looking rough in the uniform. Just what I have heard! 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, dccfan321 said:

I fully believe we are all entitled to our own opinions, and not disputing anything you are saying, just wanted to pop in and say I have actually heard the opposite regarding eating disorders in the past few years-which I look at as a good thing! There will always be the girls who take it almosttt too far, but Kelli/Judy don't measure them strictly by weight. They only pull them aside if they start looking rough in the uniform. Just what I have heard! 

I respect your opinions, but there has been inside information about girls who did some bad things in order to lose the weight, and sadly they became sick because they wanted to fit in the uniform.

Kelli has cut girls in the past who did not weigh the same as girls who were the same height. Just because a girl is the same height as another girl or veteran does not mean they need to weigh the same.

Plus the fact, they have taken vets and TC Candidates who look rough in the uniform and wait a few weeks before saying anything and use it for a freaking do we cut you storyline.

15 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Kelli wanted to take the last two girls cut on the team, but Charlotte said no. Just shows to prove Charlotte makes a lot more decisions about who stays and who goes than Kelli and Judy do.

They probably will announced a new season by May.

How do you know it was Charlotte's decision?

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I binged watched all of last season today.  I haven't watched it since the show ended.  I just want to point out that I cannot believe that Malena was the last cut.  It was so obvious that she should of been the FIRST cut.  It will be very interesting to see how she auditions this year.  If she doesn't pick up the choreography during auditions, they better not bring her into TC.  Kelli and Judy kept saying how difficult the cuts were.  It really didn't seem that hard to me.  I mean Malena was such an obvious choice from the very beginning of training camp, and for Lily who was never called into the office all of TC except for the last night, was cut before Malena!  I also didn't like how Malena handled being cut.   I thought she was very unprofessional.  I was cringing the whole time.  

Also Ashlee was very close to being cut.  It will be interesting to see how much she has improved at auditions.  I really like her.  I hope she makes it back for a second year.

Lastly, I really hope there will be a new season of DCC: Making the Team!!  I'm a little worried a new season as not been announced yet.

We usually don’t hear abt the new season until like May 

• Love 1
Just now, TUOwl84 said:

Inside information from a reliable source. Of course, Kelli could have said this to throw all of us off because of what was going on with Victoria in order to prove Victoria was not given a spot on the team before auditions started.

1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Inside information from a reliable source. Of course, Kelli could have said this to throw all of us off because of what was going on with Victoria in order to prove Victoria was not given a spot on the team before auditions started.

It was mentioned on the board that it was a budget issue, which is Charlotte's area.  And I thought Shelly talked about how 36 was better for the formations??

2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

It was mentioned on the board that it was a budget issue, which is Charlotte's area.  And I thought Shelly talked about how 36 was better for the formations??

They can say budget issue until we all are blue in the face, but I think it was a cover in order to throw off the Victoria was going to make the team no matter what. I could believe Charlotte would have told Kelli to cut Victoria because people found out what was really going on behind the scenes.

If it was a budget issue and 36 for a better formation then why were there to squads of 39 in Seasons 7 and 8.

11 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Taylor Tauss

Grace Blanchard

Yay! I liked Taylor T, so I do hope she tries out again this year and comes better prepared for media day! :)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Saying it again but I REALLY hope Melena doesn’t try out again.  I really do not want to listen to her saying over and over again how she was the last cut...blah blah blah. 

I agree she should have been cut right away. Say what you want about Victoria, but Melena got special treatment and I can not figure out why.  It was obvious she couldn’t handle the choreography and had serious memory issues. She still does if you have seen her in any of the prep class videos. 

• Love 10

Malena was just another storyline. She was not going to make the team period. CMT just dragged her along for ratings and drama. They use her and had her believing she might had a slim chance of making the team.

16 minutes ago, KatieC said:

Saying it again but I REALLY hope Melena doesn’t try out again.  I really do not want to listen to her saying over and over again how she was the last cut...blah blah blah. 

I agree she should have been cut right away. Say what you want about Victoria, but Melena got special treatment and I can not figure out why.  It was obvious she couldn’t handle the choreography and had serious memory issues. She still does if you have seen her in any of the prep class videos. 

I think they kept her around for appearances especially, she was super polished in interviews and football knowledge. Plus she was super photogenic too. I mean, yeah, probably some of it was for ratings, but I really think they thought she would be good for the team, if a miracle happened and her dancing got there... Compared to VK who was a mess in interviews and seemed like the locker room vibe was hit or miss. 

• Love 5

According to a few insiders, Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte have already decided who is going to be on the team after finals. Malena had a snow ball chance of making the team. She was probably brought in for another girl to cut. If you notice, there seem to be a method to the cuts especially when and the reasoning behind the cuts. They kept her around for ratings and drama. She would have been better off being cut at the beginning and moving on to something much better than being a DCC.

any chance that Dayton will surprise us and try out again?

What about the following:

Kristen (TC Rookie 2018)

Tara (TC Vet 2018)

Malena (TC Rookie 2018)

Lily (TC Rookie 2018)

Selina (Finals Vet 2018)

(edited)

As much as I have enjoyed this show in the past, I hope there will not be another season.  The reality show aspect has really compromised the quality of the squad -- what was once a team of world-class entertainers is now just a process that exploits girls for the sake of drama/ratings.  

Plus, I always knew that some girls got special treatment, but the free pass that Victoria got last season demonstrated just how bad it is -- from the judges being told to not criticize Victoria, to her being kept around despite a MASSIVE weight gain, to her immature tantrum involving Janelle (the worst of which was edited out of the show), to Victoria tattling on other girls and getting them in trouble -- it just revealed too much of how the sausage is made.  So for the sake of this organization, I hope they quit now so as to not further tarnish the organization.  

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, MSgal said:

any chance that Dayton will surprise us and try out again?

What about the following:

Kristen (TC Rookie 2018)

Tara (TC Vet 2018)

Malena (TC Rookie 2018)

Lily (TC Rookie 2018)

Selina (Finals Vet 2018)

No she is on a cruise ship dancing 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

As much as I have enjoyed this show in the past, I hope there will not be another season.  The reality show aspect has really compromised the quality of the squad -- what was once a team of world-class entertainers is now just a process that exploits girls for the sake of drama/ratings.  

Plus, I always knew that some girls got special treatment, but the free pass that Victoria got last season demonstrated just how bad it is -- from the judges being told to not criticize Victoria, to her being kept around despite a MASSIVE weight gain, to her immature tantrum involving Janelle (the worst of which was edited out of the show, to Victoria tattling on other girls and getting them in trouble -- it just revealed too much of how the sausage is made.  So for the sake of this organization, I hope they quit now so as to not further tarnish the organization.  

Your back!!! I miss you! I hate to say it, but I think we will get another season. The money and ratings are too much of a temptation for CMT, Kelli and Charlotte. Got to keep telling the world the DCCs are the best of the best.

58 minutes ago, Piscesmama4 said:

I think they kept her around for appearances especially, she was super polished in interviews and football knowledge. Plus she was super photogenic too. I mean, yeah, probably some of it was for ratings, but I really think they thought she would be good for the team, if a miracle happened and her dancing got there... Compared to VK who was a mess in interviews and seemed like the locker room vibe was hit or miss. 

That’s probably true. She appeared well spoken but she said the same things over and over. You really notice this when watching the episodes back to back. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Caroline's sister made TCU Showgirls....  maybe she'll audition for DCC in the future?!

2019-04-06 (21).png

I just saw this!  How cool for them!!  She definitely has the DCC look!  

6 minutes ago, KatieC said:

That’s probably true. She appeared well spoken but she said the same things over and over. You really notice this when watching the episodes back to back. 

They probably kept asking her the same blasted questions leading her to saying the same thing over and over again. I remember an insider on here saying the girls are giving a list of things to say more than once. 99.9% of the things said on the show has been said every freaking season.

(edited)
15 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Where can I find the prep class videos that Malena has been doing?  From her instagram account it looks like she hasn't been active since last summer.

They were either in her ig stories or posted by others who were there. The ones I remember are from the guy that tries out as well as Tiffany Taliaferro’s. I think they may have all been stories though so are gone now.   

Editing to add 

Check out turningtrickssince66 on Instagram. He has a couple videos with Melena in them. 

Edited by KatieC
  • Love 1

I found another video.  Malena is a complete mess.  The guy next to her is killing it.  If I was dancing next to Malena I would find her to be so distracting.  Same goes if I was dancing next to Victoria.  I wonder if any of the girls get so annoyed with Victoria when she invades their dancing space? 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Bridget/Daphne (point), with Jalyn & Hannah in triangle.

You named my three faves! Daphne, Jalyn & Bridget. Now those are three that I can watch all day. And whoever made the comment earlier in the thread about tenure on the team not equating with point and/or triangle, thanks for reminding me of that!

2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Plus, I always knew that some girls got special treatment, but the free pass that Victoria got last season demonstrated just how bad it is -- from the judges being told to not criticize Victoria, to her being kept around despite a MASSIVE weight gain, to her immature tantrum involving Janelle (the worst of which was edited out of the show), to Victoria tattling on other girls and getting them in trouble -- it just revealed too much of how the sausage is made.  So for the sake of this organization, I hope they quit now so as to not further tarnish the organization.  

Any girl who is ever cut for weight reasons for the entirety of the future can sue DCC if she is not afforded the same benefits granted to VK (i.e. - one-on-one mentoring from Jinelle). Although VK was eventually cut, she was not cut prior to being given extra help that nobody else on the planet has ever been given. All of this was documented on national television. So, if the Cowboys organization wants to protect themselves from legal action, then the new standard afforded equally to all candidates is private coaching from Jinelle for anyone who gains weight in training camp. My bet is that every other candidate would be ever-so-thankful for that opportunity.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Tootie said:

Caroline's sister made TCU Showgirls....  maybe she'll audition for DCC in the future?!

2019-04-06 (21).png

She’s really pretty. Makes me think that Caroline would look good as a blonde-but maybe a darker blonde than her sister’s.

4 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

You named my three faves! Daphne, Jalyn & Bridget. Now those are three that I can watch all day. And whoever made the comment earlier in the thread about tenure on the team not equating with point and/or triangle, thanks for reminding me of that!

Any girl who is ever cut for weight reasons for the entirety of the future can sue DCC if she is not afforded the same benefits granted to VK (i.e. - one-on-one mentoring from Jinelle). Although VK was eventually cut, she was not cut prior to being given extra help that nobody else on the planet has ever been given. All of this was documented on national television. So, if the Cowboys organization wants to protect themselves from legal action, then the new standard afforded equally to all candidates is private coaching from Jinelle for anyone who gains weight in training camp. My bet is that every other candidate would be ever-so-thankful for that opportunity.

Just imaging being a scared rookie and getting help from a 5 yr vet who stuck around because Kelli loves her. VK got so lucky and acted SO immature with Jinelle.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

If it was a budget issue and 36 for a better formation then why were there to squads of 39 in Seasons 7 and 8.

Probably because they had the money in the budget in seasons 7 & 8.

7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

They probably kept asking her the same blasted questions leading her to saying the same thing over and over again.

I'd say definitely.  I know they love doing this on The Bachelor.

6 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

While no one else seems to have been offered Jinelle's help, I don't think it's quite true that no one has been offered help with weight ever. I recall Veronica, Courtney, Brittney, and co. being offered My Fit Foods, for example, which, to me, is a much bigger deal than saying hang out with this person who is really fit. That's a whole food plan designed for individual caloric needs and weight loss goals that DCC paid for and it's quite expensive. I would much rather have that than Jinelle's advice and doctor's appointment scheduling. They also all seem to have access to Cowboys Fit facilities and trainers, and before that, Jay Johnson did some private training sessions with ladies, and I'd also rather have that access than Jinelle. That said, I totally agree that VK blew her opportunities and resources and she obviously got special treatment and chances--starting with falling out of her turns on the field in finals and continuing through training camp.

As for banquet and retirees, etc., I'm really happy for Heather O--ROTY and VOTY! Very impressive. I'd love to see her in the traingle or just outside of it on the front line. And go, Caroline! She was one of my favorite rookies last year. So sad that Khalyn is retiring! I'm glad she was 2nd GL this year and seems to have gotten organization recognition for her dancing and leadership skills. I probably will be sad about Lacey retiring for at least 2 years, and I will miss Kash's "performance power" and beauty in the triangle. Her whole being just lights up when she performs. Same with Lacey. The rest of the retirees, I guess I'm ready to see go, not that I had anything against them, but they were never in my "love" list of DCC.

I would hate to see Maddie at point--she just doesn't have the look to me. Her smile is all teeth, her face still looks like a baby face, her hair only sometimes looks good, and her figure fluctuates a lot. She would be the most photographed DCC of the year at point, and just, meh. I can't imagine Gina not being in the triangle, but I don't think she should be point, either. She needs to work on meshing with the choreography and other dancers better, stop rushing her counts, and learn more about leadership. They also need to fix those extensions. I could see her being a 2nd GL as a kind of test/proving ground, but to quote Kitty, she needs "to eat a slice of humble pie" before she will make a solid point or GL/team leader. I could see Daphne and Bridget being in spot 3 on either side of the triangle, like Maggie was in her 2nd year. (I'm still kind of upset about Maggie leaving! I bet she would have been a serious contender for point this coming year!) I don't really favor Amy for the triangle, either, although I think she should get a good spot. Although I don't think it will happen and I don't see Maddie being demoted, but my ideal triangle for next year would be Bridget, Heather O, and Daphne, with Tess behind point. Tess's power has really improved, and she's such a tall beauty. They really will need her there if they put both Maddie and Gina in the triangle to try to keep up their reputation for having gorgeous cheerleaders. 

Overall, I'm really excited about auditions and to see who makes it back for TC! With the exception of VK and Malena. I don't need to see either of them again. Those videos of Malena show the same kinds of choreography mistakes and what looks like a lot of marking. Girl, if you want to make DCC, how do you not know that you have to hit every move hard and to your fullest every time and at every rehearsal? The way you practice is the way you will perform on the field or any stage. If you're not killing it every time, just save yourself the heartache and stay home.

• Love 10