Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

There has been vets and TC Candidates called into the office who the opportunity to get help for weight issues by going to Jay, seeking help from current and former DCCs, and other resources to help get the weight down.

In the case of Victoria, she said she had a thyroid issue leading to her weight gain which lead her to being sent to a Cowboys doctor. I also do not believe she was a scared TC Candidate either. She was playing a game and lying about everything that it finally caught up to her. She thought she could get away with it. Kelli, Charlotte and CMT thought no one would figure it out, but it came back to bite them on the behind also. I also do not believe she thought she would not have made the team if she really did have a thyroid disorder because Jordan Ketchum of Season 3 was hypothyroid and called into the office for her weight and she made the team, and Megan Sharp supposedly had a thyroid disorder when she was called into the office in Season 5 for weight gain, and she was able to being on the team for four years, and was an All-Star. I still think Kelli wanted on the team, but Charlotte said she is stirring up too much trouble, so cut her.

• Love 1

Yes, let's all remember that VK said she had a thyroid issue, Jinelle set her up with a doctor's appointment, and Victoria never even showed up (and didn't even let Jinelle know that she wasn't showing up).  And if that isn't bad enough, then gets shitty with Jinelle (in front of Kelli!) when called out on it in Kelli's office.  Was that enough to get her cut?  NOPE!

And that is NOTHING compared to how Victoria behaved behind the scenes.  The level of entitlement, immaturity, and self-delusion with her is mind boggling.  As a result, she caused MAJOR drama for everyone else during training camp.  I mean, several of the girls had a (very secret) celebration the night she was cut.  If they bring her back into training camp, it will show what a farce the audition process really is.

• Love 8
(edited)
19 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yes, let's all remember that VK said she had a thyroid issue, Jinelle set her up with a doctor's appointment, and Victoria never even showed up (and didn't even let Jinelle know that she wasn't showing up).  And if that isn't bad enough, then gets shitty with Jinelle (in front of Kelli!) when called out on it in Kelli's office.  Was that enough to get her cut?  NOPE!

And that is NOTHING compared to how Victoria behaved behind the scenes.  The level of entitlement, immaturity, and self-delusion with her is mind boggling.  As a result, she caused MAJOR drama for everyone else during training camp.  I mean, several of the girls had a (very secret) celebration the night she was cut.  If they bring her back into training camp, it will show what a farce the audition process really is.

You would think they would have learn their lesson after it came out about what Cassie was really like or even what Jenna, and a few other girls were like the year before. I guess the call of money, ratings and five minutes of fame for the DCC and Cowboys Organization is a mighty temptation no matter what the expense is.

Edited by bigskygirl
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

It was SO obvious that they cut half of that scene, so I want to know how they made the producers to edit out such a goldmine of a scene. 

@M1977G while having such a service for free is amazing, in this case it was just an ad and I doubt the girls actually got to taste it out long enough. I mean Schramm was probably the only girl we can all admit was dcc thin when she was ‘offered’ this service. Evenif they did receive the service, it was for free and not paid for by the org.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Probably because they had the money in the budget in seasons 7 & 8.

I'd say definitely.  I know they love doing this on The Bachelor.

I remember Kelli saying she wanted to take up to 40 girls in Seasons 5 and 6, so I am not buying the budget story. She said the budget is around one million dollars annually which is made up of what the girls bring in aka calendar sales, appearances, etc. etc. If they had the money for two seasons, she should have had the money for more girls afterwards especially if they had money to add Yuko in Season 11? when Kelli usually goes for 36 girls.

6 hours ago, ByTor said:

Probably because they had the money in the budget in seasons 7 & 8.

That's my feeling too.  Especially after the cost of building the Ford Center.  Sure they have tons of money, but building that facility sure as heck wasn't cheap.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

That's my feeling too.  Especially after the cost of building the Ford Center.  Sure they have tons of money, but building that facility sure as heck wasn't cheap.  

The cost of the Ford Center probably has nothing to do with the DCC budget. The DCC budget is based on what the girls bring in aka revenue which is usually around one million dollars. I do not think they use any of the DCC budget for the Ford Center.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The cost of the Ford Center probably has nothing to do with the DCC budget. The DCC budget is based on what the girls bring in aka revenue which is usually around one million dollars. I do not think they use any of the DCC budget for the Ford Center.

Sorry to disagree, but budget is budget.  I work in film production so know all too well there are many things involved.  We will have to agree to disagree. 😉

Edited by go4luca
one word too many
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Sorry to disagree, but budget is budget.  I work in film production so know all too well there are many things involved.  We will have to agree to disagree. 😉

I agree with you. Budgets are complicated in a large organization and absolutely would change from year to year depending on any number of factors. 

• Love 2

The new building has nothing to do with the DCC budget. Just like when I worked in retail. I got paid and had my hours set on how much the store was bringing in. Less business meant less hours and lower pay raises along with less staff. The DCCs budget is based on the revenue they bring (around one million dollars) which needs to cover the entire year from salaries, insurance, worker's comp, traveling, auditions, swimsuit calendar shoots, etc. etc. Yes, CMT probably pays them to film, but I seriously doubt any money they got from CMT went to the new building.

And if they had less money, I seriously doubt Kelli would have been saying I could have went with around 40 girls in Season 5 and 6 then go for two years with more girls. And they did go with 37 girls in Season 11 when Yuko made the team.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

The new building has nothing to do with the DCC budget. Just like when I worked in retail. I got paid and had my hours set on how much the store was bringing in. Less business meant less hours and lower pay raises along with less staff. The DCCs budget is based on the revenue they bring (around one million dollars) which needs to cover the entire year from salaries, insurance, worker's comp, traveling, auditions, swimsuit calendar shoots, etc. etc. Yes, CMT probably pays them to film, but I seriously doubt any money they got from CMT went to the new building.

And if they had less money, I seriously doubt Kelli would have been saying I could have went with around 40 girls in Season 5 and 6 then go for two years with more girls. And they did go with 37 girls in Season 11 when Yuko made the team.

I'm not going to debate with you.  Some of us feel it's due to budget.  I never said it was due CMT.    I do feel budget plays into it for various reasons.  Feel free to disagree & enjoy the rest of your day!

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, KatieC said:

I agree with you. Budgets are complicated in a large organization and absolutely would change from year to year depending on any number of factors. 

Thank you!  For getting my point and the varying factors involved!  Some feel the need to beat a dead horse.  Those of you who feel compelled to debate, enjoy!  It's a gorgeous day in SoCal so I'm off to enjoy some gorgeous sunshine!

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm guessing Grace Patterson (DSIG) is not auditioning for the DCC or any other teams this year. Her current IG says  "LA actress" and "Former pro cheerleader".

Edited by MrsEVH
29 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I'm guessing Grace Patterson (DSIG) is not auditioning for the DCC or any other teams this year. Her current IG says  "LA actress" and "Former pro cheerleader".

Yeah she quit the Dsig last night was her last game 

29 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I saw posts saying she is moving to LA. When I looked at her profile there are other pics from things she has acted in. I had no idea!  Best of luck to her!  

27 minutes ago, KatieC said:

I saw posts saying she is moving to LA. When I looked at her profile there are other pics from things she has acted in. I had no idea!  Best of luck to her!  

She has an imdb page.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I remember Kelli saying she wanted to take up to 40 girls in Seasons 5 and 6, so I am not buying the budget story. She said the budget is around one million dollars annually which is made up of what the girls bring in aka calendar sales, appearances, etc. etc. If they had the money for two seasons, she should have had the money for more girls afterwards especially if they had money to add Yuko in Season 11? when Kelli usually goes for 36 girls.

Budgets do change from year to year.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

I agree. It all comes from the same pot or pie, whatever analogy suits you ...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

Budgets do change from year to year.  

Does anyone find it odd that DCC only generates a million per year?  Seems extremely low to me.  If that’s the case, actually paying proper salaries and benefits would put the group in the red unless having them work full time would generate significantly more revenue.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I remember Kelli saying she wanted to take up to 40 girls in Seasons 5 and 6, so I am not buying the budget story.

Kelli saying she wanted to take up to 40 supports the budget story.

• Love 1

I really could care less about the budget. I am more concern about the mental and physical well being of the girls who try out and/or make the team. They are being use by CMT, Kelli and Charlotte for the almighty dollar and ratings. It is a sad state of affairs when an organization who supposedly supports young women cares more about being the top rated show on a television station than the crappy why it uses the reason of it is a honor and a privilege to one of the best entertainment groups in the world while they are slowly dragging it into the ground.

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

And if they had less money, I seriously doubt Kelli would have been saying I could have went with around 40 girls in Season 5 and 6 then go for two years with more girls.

That's the point, they had the money for 40, hence her having wanted to go with 40.

Anyway, to get back on topic to speculation for next season, I will be shocked if any of the current rookies get cut.  Honestly I don't see any current DCC on the chopping block.  The only one who I think should be is Savannah, but apparently she's a favorite and is going nowhere.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Anyway, to get back on topic to speculation for next season, I will be shocked if any of the current rookies get cut.  Honestly I don't see any current DCC on the chopping block.  The only one who I think should be is Savannah, but apparently she's a favorite and is going nowhere.

While it could go either way, I suspect at least one girl will get cut but no more than three, especially if the incoming class (minus Victoria) are exceptionally strong.  It's a very likely possibility that Kelli will try to strong-arm Victoria onto the squad again, even if she is one of the weakest girls there.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

While it could go either way, I suspect at least one girl will get cut but no more than three, especially if the incoming class (minus Victoria) are exceptionally strong.  It's a very likely possibility that Kelli will try to strong-arm Victoria onto the squad again, even if she is one of the weakest girls there.

I'm pretty sure you might think Christina is one of them 😉 . Do you think anyone else is in danger?

3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm pretty sure you might think Christina is one of them 😉 . Do you think anyone else is in danger?

You hit the nail on the head with that guess, but then again, I haven't been exactly quiet in my dislike of her.  The only other girls I could see going are Gabby and Taylor, but there could always be a girl cut that no one saw coming.

• Love 2
Just now, EricaShadows said:

You hit the nail on the head with that guess, but then again, I haven't been exactly quiet in my dislike of her.

Hence my "guess" 🤣 😁 😛

19 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

You hit the nail on the head with that guess, but then again, I haven't been exactly quiet in my dislike of her.  The only other girls I could see going are Gabby and Taylor, but there could always be a girl cut that no one saw coming.

I think that Kelli has in mind which veterans she is going to cut based on their behavior during the previous season, and what we see on the show is just the excuse she chooses to use for the cameras. I don't buy that they suddenly decided to cut a girl based on the dress she wore to interviews, or even a less than stellar solo.

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I think that Kelli has in mind which veterans she is going to cut based on their behavior during the previous season, and what we see on the show is just the excuse she chooses to use for the cameras. I don't buy that they suddenly decided to cut a girl based on the dress she wore to interviews, or even a less than stellar solo.

I think this is the case as evidenced by what happened with Kyra. What goes on during the season plays into them returning, as it should. We don’t know the in’s and out’s of what went on, so there definitely could be cuts that have nothing to do with weight, dance ability, etc.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Keyra was late twice to appearances after the regular football season was over. She also had an attitude which did not fit well with some of the girls and Kelli leading to her being cut at finals. She might have been given strong hints not to try out again by TPTB, but she probably let her ego get in the way and decided to try out again.

Edited by bigskygirl
49 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Keyra was late twice to appearances after the regular football season was over. She also had an attitude which did not fit well with some of the girls and Kelli leading to her being cut at finals. She might have been given strong hints not to try out again by TPTB, but she probably let her ego get in the way and decided to try out again.

She probably made the team because of Cersten.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The same could be said of Whitney Robertson, the Miami Dolphins Cheerleader who was cut at auditions the year after she was cut from Training Camp.  She was essentially told the DCC are not a good fit for you, don't bother auditioning again, but came back and made it to Semi-Finals, but not Finals.  I was surprised she even made it to Semis, but Liz Reuter didn't make it back to Finals after she was cut from Training Camp the year before and the only reason we ever heard about THAT was that she came back with the same "soft" gut/weight issues.  They already knew she was a fabulous dancer, but weren't sure that she could get the weight off (or was willing to put in the work) if they took her back to Training Camp. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

The same could be said of Whitney Robertson, the Miami Dolphins Cheerleader who was cut at auditions the year after she was cut from Training Camp.  She was essentially told the DCC are not a good fit for you, don't bother auditioning again, but came back and made it to Semi-Finals, but not Finals.  I was surprised she even made it to Semis, but Liz Reuter didn't make it back to Finals after she was cut from Training Camp the year before and the only reason we ever heard about THAT was that she came back with the same "soft" gut/weight issues.  They already knew she was a fabulous dancer, but weren't sure that she could get the weight off (or was willing to put in the work) if they took her back to Training Camp. 

And what gets me is they took Stephanie Hayman in Season 5 after she started putting on weight. I think the only reason why she was put on the team was the fact she was Brooke's friend and Amy Reese was cut. If she tried out again, she probably would have been cut at finals for her weight.

18 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

She probably thought she'd make it back to TC like others have.  There's always girls who want to "try one more time ".  I always wondered why they never took Grace Sells back to TC.  She was cut in 2009 but came back in 2010 and didn't make it to finals.  I think she was shown for a split second and no reason was ever given.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

And what gets me is they took Stephanie Hayman in Season 5 after she started putting on weight. I think the only reason why she was put on the team was the fact she was Brooke's friend and Amy Reese was cut. If she tried out again, she probably would have been cut at finals for her weight.

I agree. She probably didn't audition for a 2nd year because Brooke retired. 

• Love 2

Do we think Tara will come back this year?  Ever? 

Do we think Jinelle will remain the top reserve dancer again this year or will another emerge?

I haven’t reviewed group photos year over year.  If a GL changes group numbers does she take her crew with her?  Also, do the numbers track with quality?  It seems like they do.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Do we think Jinelle will remain the top reserve dancer again this year or will another emerge?

I haven’t reviewed group photos year over year.  If a GL changes group numbers does she take her crew with her?  Also, do the numbers track with quality?  It seems like they do.

I don’t think she will she’s still dancing tho 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I am also wondering if being GL #1 usually means you are point.

2 hours ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I think Jinelle might be going back to Australia 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I think Jinelle might be going back to Australia 

I think she is to another one of their staff members is leaving as well Judy posted on ig abt saying good bye to some of there staff members 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I think she is to another one of their staff members is leaving as well Judy posted on ig abt saying good bye to some of there staff members 

Yes I saw that post. I saw a comment on a post (I don't remember whose post it was) a couple days ago that seemed to be implying that Jinelle was leaving. I assumed going back home.

1 hour ago, pisces125 said:

I am also wondering if being GL #1 usually means you are point.

I know it’s been discussed before, but right now I can only remember Crystal and Whitney being point without being GL #1

38 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I know it’s been discussed before, but right now I can only remember Crystal and Whitney being point without being GL #1

Well, and KaShara.

1 hour ago, Jennv said:

Yes I saw that post. I saw a comment on a post (I don't remember whose post it was) a couple days ago that seemed to be implying that Jinelle was leaving. I assumed going back home.

Well, that breaks my heart.  I love, love, love Jinelle.

• Love 3