Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

You hit the nail on the head with that guess, but then again, I haven't been exactly quiet in my dislike of her.  The only other girls I could see going are Gabby and Taylor, but there could always be a girl cut that no one saw coming.

I think with only 7 willingly retiring we'll see at least 3 or 4 vets cut at finals. Christina's an obvious choice and I definitely see Gabby and Taylor being in danger too for weight and dancing ability. 

If they go by memory and dancing, Savannah, Ashlee, and Brennan could be in danger but Kelli seems to love all of them for various reasons. I could also see Madeline M being in trouble after they way she was talked about last season.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, klopie said:

I think with only 7 willingly retiring we'll see at least 3 or 4 vets cut at finals. Christina's an obvious choice and I definitely see Gabby and Taylor being in danger too for weight and dancing ability. 

If they go by memory and dancing, Savannah, Ashlee, and Brennan could be in danger but Kelli seems to love all of them for various reasons. I could also see Madeline M being in trouble after they way she was talked about last season.

It will be interesting!  I agree any of these ladies could be in trouble. Also I think anyone who had even the smallest infraction during the season has a good chance of not making it back. 

Edited by KatieC
  • Love 2
On 4/6/2019 at 8:10 PM, TUOwl84 said:

How do you know it was Charlotte's decision?

The only thing I know for sure, is that Shelley B said last season that Charlotte put her foot down on 36 being the final number...but I'm not sure how much she was involved in who the final cuts were though.  

(edited)
7 minutes ago, KatieC said:

It will be interesting!  I agree any of these ladies could be in trouble. Also I think anyone who had even the smallest infraction during the season has a good chance of not making it back. 

Kelli always expects them to bring their "A" game to finals. Anything like gaining weight,  a bad interview, a bad solo, messing up the kickline, not knowing the routines can be a deal breaker.  We've seen returning vets get cut for all of those things.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Kelli always expects them to bring their "A" game to finals. Anything like gaining weight,  a bad interview, a bad solo, messing up the kickline, not knowing the routines can be a deal breaker.  We've seen returning vets get cut for all of those things.

There are girls in the past who had bad interviews, gain weight, etc. etc. who made the team again. Tasha gained weight when she came back for her second year along with having a bad interview. The majority of the judges wanted to cut her, but Kelli said no. Allyssa Torres was cut for the same thing. I personally think Allyssa was a better DCC and was more attractive than Tasha is. I guess there is no rhyme or reason why certain girls can get away with it, and others cannot.

On 3/30/2019 at 3:11 PM, MyFavShows said:

Choreo is fine, but I am really not impressed w/ her dancing at all.    Like how can people be so critical of some of the current girls’ dancing, when this is one of their former “stars”?

I just don’t think the “dance ability” bar is a high as many think when the girl has the right look and can remember the routines.

I have never been a fan of Mia's dancing....and honestly, it looks JUST like everyone else's just not as polished.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

There are girls in the past who had bad interviews, gain weight, etc. etc. who made the team again. Tasha gained weight when she came back for her second year along with having a bad interview. The majority of the judges wanted to cut her, but Kelli said no. Allyssa Torres was cut for the same thing. I personally think Allyssa was a better DCC and was more attractive than Tasha is. I guess there is no rhyme or reason why certain girls can get away with it, and others cannot.

Exactly, Allyssa got on Kelli's shit list at some point, so she got sent packing. If she hadn't gained weight, then another excuse would have been used. It's the same with any job, if the boss takes a dislike to someone that person is in danger of getting canned as soon as they mess up. Boss is just waiting for an excuse to use.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

here are girls in the past who had bad interviews, gain weight, etc. etc. who made the team again. Tasha gained weight when she came back for her second year along with having a bad interview. The majority of the judges wanted to cut her, but Kelli said no. Allyssa Torres was cut for the same thing. I personally think Allyssa was a better DCC and was more attractive than Tasha is. I guess there is no rhyme or reason why certain girls can get away with it, and others cannot.

I think when Kelli likes certain girls she'll find a reason to keep them while others can get cut for the smallest thing. Some get cut for weight at finals ( Allie) and others (Tasha) go back to TC and then get called in and warned. 

IMHO with only 7 spots open Kelli might use any of those reasons to cut a vet. I'm sure she'll do her best to make sure VK gets one of them.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I think when Kelli likes certain girls she'll find a reason to keep them while others can get cut for the smallest thing. Some get cut for weight at finals ( Allie) and others (Tasha) go back to TC and then get called in and warned. 

IMHO with only 7 spots open Kelli might use any of those reasons to cut a vet. I'm sure she'll do her best to make sure VK gets one of them.

Kelli really seems to dislike tardiness, I wonder if anyone had a punctuality problem during the season?

Look what Charlotte did to Ann Lux in Season 6, and Olivia S. was cut because she had the guts to stand up to Cassie when she whining about the rookies getting more time in front of the camera during the swimsuit calendar shoot. Judy was able to convince the other judges along with Kelli and Charlotte Olivia was toxic when in reality Cassie was the one making other girls miserable by being a bully herself. Olivia and Ann are much better off getting away from Kelli, Charlotte, Cassie and Judy. 

(edited)
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:46 AM, SmpIsimon said:

Yes, let's all remember that VK said she had a thyroid issue, Jinelle set her up with a doctor's appointment, and Victoria never even showed up (and didn't even let Jinelle know that she wasn't showing up).  And if that isn't bad enough, then gets shitty with Jinelle (in front of Kelli!) when called out on it in Kelli's office.  Was that enough to get her cut?  NOPE!

And that is NOTHING compared to how Victoria behaved behind the scenes.  The level of entitlement, immaturity, and self-delusion with her is mind boggling.  As a result, she caused MAJOR drama for everyone else during training camp.  I mean, several of the girls had a (very secret) celebration the night she was cut.  If they bring her back into training camp, it will show what a farce the audition process really is.

I think they should just go ahead and change the name of the show to Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making Room for Victoria and be done with it.

Edited by bigskygirl
23 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Kelli really seems to dislike tardiness, I wonder if anyone had a punctuality problem during the season?

Kristin and Dayton were both late for their makeovers. Kelli was pretty mad about it. 

• Love 2
(edited)

So true.  If a vet is cut, most likely it is so VK can fill the spot.  There is NO WAY that VK is a top 7 performer out of what, 400 last year Kelli?  Puhleease, don't pull that shit this season.

I don't think I can handle another season of DCC ... errr ... VKMTT.  If she is put on the show, please Kelli, Judi and/or CMT make it a quiet entrance because I swear I will throw a fit.  VK is not DCC material and has no background in other performance jobs  in dance or media.  VK, go to school, be a pom girl, get an internship in media, do something!

On that note, I also hope that Kitty keeps quiet this year, I will throw another fit if I have to hear her say again this year that VK deserves a spot.

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 7
(edited)
22 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

So true.  If a vet is cut, most likely it is so VK can fill the spot.  There is NO WAY that VK is a top 7 performer out of what, 400 last year Kelli?  Puhleease, don't pull that shit this season.

I don't think I can handle another season of DCC ... errr ... VKMTT.  If she is put on the show, please Kelli, Judi and/or CMT make it a quiet entrance because I swear I will throw a fit.  VK is not DCC material and has no background in other performance jobs  in dance or media.  VK, go to school, be a pom girl, get an internship in media, do something!

On that note, I also hope that Kitty keeps quiet this year, I will throw another fit if I have to hear her say again this year that VK deserves a spot.

I really do not think Victoria would be able to make any team other than DCC.  I do not think she is that good looking, she needs to do something to her eyebrows and there is nothing she can do about her mouth.  No coach would put up with her almighty attitude other than Kelli.  Stephanie kicked a couple of girls off AAIA this year for their attitudes but believe me Tina will never allow that to happen to precious Victoria.  
We all know Kelli does not want to go through what she had to go through with Tina last year yelling at her to not put certain things on the show.   I feel sorry for Judy she will have to suffer the consequences of her being on the team.   Once she gets on the team  Kelli will never be able to kick her off and I will bet she will stay on it longer than any girl ever has.  This is Tina's life she has dreamed of and Kelli has to go along with it.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

I really do not think Victoria would be able to make any team other than DCC.  I do not think she is that good looking, she needs to do something to her eyebrows and there is nothing she can do about her mouth.  No coach would put up with her almighty attitude other than Kelli.  Stephanie kicked a couple of girls off AAIA this year for their attitudes but believe me Tina will never allow that to happen to precious Victoria.  
We all know Kelli does not want to go through what she had to go through with Tina last year yelling at her to not put certain things on the show.   I feel sorry for Judy she will have to suffer the consequences of her being on the team.   Once she gets on the team  Kelli will never be able to kick her off and I will bet she will stay on it longer than any girl ever has.  This is Tina's life she has dreamed of and Kelli has to go along with it.

It will be interesting to see what happens once she is on the team, because there is not a snowballs chance in hell that she will be able to maintain the weight requirement for even one season, let alone 5 or 6. We are liable to see her gut bouncing over her shorts for the next 6 years 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Jennv said:

It will be interesting to see what happens once she is on the team, because there is not a snowballs chance in hell that she will be able to maintain the weight requirement for even one season, let alone 5 or 6. We are liable to see her gut bouncing over her shorts for the next 6 years 

No way will she maintain her weight unless she does something unhealthy to maintain it.  Which has happened several times in the past years with girls.  Oh well Kelli will just have to deal with her stomach bouncing over her shorts cause she will not be able to kick her off the team.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Stephanie kicked a couple of girls off AAIA this year for their attitudes

Ok my curiosity is piqued....who was booted?? 🙂

• Love 2
On 4/4/2019 at 5:15 PM, bigskygirl said:

I think Jessika, Caroline and Taylor could be on the cut block.

Not a fan of Caroline.  Not impressed with her dancing skills and somewhat plain in appearance......the same way I've always felt about Miranda ! 

• Love 1
On 4/4/2019 at 10:03 PM, Roo22 said:

Wow. We're always so far off

Wow. I literally just commented on another post how plain and uneventful I thought  Caroline was ~ and unimpressed with her dancing.   She must be bringing something extraordinary to the table that I've missed.   In this picture, she's very striking !!  More power to her !! 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, KoKo said:

Wow. I literally just commented on another post how plain and uneventful I thought  Caroline was ~ and unimpressed with her dancing.   She must be bringing something extraordinary to the table that I've missed.   In this picture, she's very striking !!  More power to her !! 

Caroline has quite a booty pop on her as well.  Wish I could find a snippet of the video but it was shown during TC.  That's when she first caught my eye.  Then when I saw how photogenic she is I realized how under the radar she had flown.  Remember when the team was announced and many of us were saying "who's Caroline?!".  Now look at her.  ROTY!  I'm thrilled for her and curious to see how her next season goes.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

If Victoria tries out this year, she WILL make the team.  Tina is refusing to allow her daughter to be "humiliated" again without some "assurances."  

BOO!!! Kelli and Charlotte should be ashamed of themselves for letting this happen. Does Tina know the dirt on Kelli, Judy and Charlotte and threaten to let it loose in order to get her daughter on the team. Seriously...

9 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

If Victoria tries out this year, she WILL make the team.  Tina is refusing to allow her daughter to be "humiliated" again without some "assurances."  

Yes she will make the team and I would bet she has  been guaranteed that it will be a for sure deal this year no matter what.  Kelli values her life so there is no way she will cut her this year.

• Love 4
(edited)
20 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

First off, I'm so glad you are back, Smplsimon. Secondly, I don't doubt the accuracy of your statement one iota. It's a done deal.

1. Victoria is trying out because she appears to have no other life goal at this time.

2. Victoria is making the team for the reason you stated above.

3. Victoria is going to stay longer than any other girl, as others have suggested, if for no other reason than to have her own personal claim-to-fame as the longest-running DCC.

4. Victoria is never going to be cut as a veteran because Mama won't let it happen. 

5. And I'm even going to go out on a limb and say that Victoria will be point in a few years with a custom-designed costume that is unique for point to hide her gut that grows years 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

Rant over.

Edited by SanDiegoGal
  • LOL 10
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

No way will she maintain her weight unless she does something unhealthy to maintain it.  Which has happened several times in the past years with girls.  Oh well Kelli will just have to deal with her stomach bouncing over her shorts cause she will not be able to kick her off the team.

Kelli might have to deal with her bouncing stomach but Charlotte does not. One thing is certain: If VK makes the team, she will not be able to maintain her weight, and that will be too visible. Tina or not.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Pau84 said:

Kelli might have to deal with her bouncing stomach but Charlotte does not. One thing is certain: If VK makes the team, she will not be able to maintain her weight, and that will be too visible. Tina or not.

Will she use a thyroid disorder as the reason for the weight gain again or come up with a totally different medical excuse.

6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Yes,  always wondered if Ashton had stayed on the team that year whether Alyssa would have been brought back in spite of her weight gain and bad interview. 

• Love 2

I am praying that Malena does not try out although I am sure she plans to.  I hope they have the sense to cut her either before semi-finals or afterwards.  I do not want to see Malena's ugly cry or listen to her excuses.  She has no memory and last year proves she cannot handle pressure.  How she handled her cut gives them every reason to never take her back.

VK looks decent on some videos and not so good on others.  If she can keep her weight under control, I see her making it.  I disagree with some because I believe VK is pretty, looks like a "soft" DCC, and has presence.

There always seems to be vets cuts and usually you just have to look at last season's last two shows to see who.  I hope Brennan feels confident after this year because she was certainly on the chopping block.  Kitty went after Miranda's look.  Miranda looks in great shape and they seem to like her.  They love Savannah but she struggles.  Ashlee almost did not make the team and Gabby has weight issues.  I like all of them but can see at least one if not more not make the team.  Christina's kicks have never been where they need to be and she is getting older.  Jay loves the expression long in the tooth which I do not think Christina looks that old but if her kicks are not where they need to be then someone like Jay is going to mention it.  

It will be interesting to see who makes it and how does not.  

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, SkysMama94 said:

Don’t know if it’s already been mentioned, I haven’t been on here in about a week. But judging by her IG post from the EOTY banquet, 99% sure Tasha is leaving.

Tasha is retiring along with KaShara, Lacey, Kelli, Khalyn, Jessika and Yuko.

18 minutes ago, J-R said:

Tasha is retiring along with KaShara, Lacey, Kelli, Khalyn, Jessika and Yuko.

Thank God Jessika is. I don’t know why but she always annoyed me. Yuko kinda did too. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, SkysMama94 said:

Thank God Jessika is. I don’t know why but she always annoyed me. Yuko kinda did too. 

Me too.  But then she grew on me in spite of myself and now I love Yuko!  I'll miss her cuteness.

• Love 4

I wish I kept my Sims 3 game/expansion games. I could build a town full of the girls and members of the DCC Organization. I could have Miss Kitty, Charlotte, Judy, Kelli, Tina, Cassie and Victoria hate each other and get into constant fights.

I could have Scott the weatherman and Marshall the hair guy being best friends and watching the ladies fight.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, KatieC said:

Doesn’t sound like Cristi Fisher is trying out again. She posted she is moving to LA. Anyone know how many times she has tried out?

I think it was 3.  She was cut at semi's last year.  Kelli doesn't like the way her mouth looks yet she likes Victoria's mouth.  She is an amazing dancer and a beautiful body.  She will make a team in LA.  I wish her luck.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, MamaV said:

Yes,  always wondered if Ashton had stayed on the team that year whether Alyssa would have been brought back in spite of her weight gain and bad interview. 

Maybe, but I don't think so.  Alyssa is by no means a bad person but she was not an impressive DCC in any way but looks.  Ashton was WAY more upset about Alyssa getting cut than Alyssa was lol  Alyssa was pretty much over it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Maybe, but I don't think so.  Alyssa is by no means a bad person but she was not an impressive DCC in any way but looks.  Ashton was WAY more upset about Alyssa getting cut than Alyssa was lol  Alyssa was pretty much over it. 

I thought Alyssa had potential as a dancer and performer. And yes, she was not too sad when she was cut. She is better off, and seems to be happy which is the main thing.

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Me too.  But then she grew on me in spite of myself and now I love Yuko!  I'll miss her cuteness.

She grew on me as well, but her rookie season, it seemed to me like she was milking the fact that she couldn’t speak English very well. Maybe that was just CMT editing or me mis-reading her. But she is always one of the most beautiful ones in the calendar shoots. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, KatieC said:

Doesn’t sound like Cristi Fisher is trying out again. She posted she is moving to LA. Anyone know how many times she has tried out?

She posted after last year's auditions that she was moving on from trying out for the DCC. Such a shame because I think she would have been a great DCC. If Gina's on the team, I'm sure Kelli could have gotten over her facials...

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Any word if the TCC who was a sign language translator (Kristin?) is trying out again? I really liked her.

Last I heard all of the TCCs cut during camp were going to re-audition, though things can change, of course.   

As of now Tara is not re-auditioning.  I doubt we will see her try out for any teams though I wish she'd do the hip hop team.  she has been more interested in finding her identity outside of pro cheer and it seems like she's doing amazing.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Last I heard all of the TCCs cut during camp were going to re-audition, though things can change, of course.   

As of now Tara is not re-auditioning.  I doubt we will see her try out for any teams though I wish she'd do the hip hop team.  she has been more interested in finding her identity outside of pro cheer and it seems like she's doing amazing.

Oh, interesting. It’s looking like this year’s team will be one of the most difficult to make in years. 

There doesn’t appear to be one vet that just has obvious weight issues. I know that people have said Gabby struggled with weight, but from an outside perspective, it’s not obvious to me like Selena’s or Caila’s weight gain was. Also, with Yuko and Khalyn retiring, the team’s diversity is momentarily at a pretty pathetic level. I think that Kelli wouldn’t be in a rush to cut Gabby, Brianna, or Ashley unless they just look sloppy or are awful at auditions.

Then, of the cut TCCs last year, Lily was cut on the final night with no obvious weaknesses, and Taylor (#metoo) was a strong candidate minus the gaffe, which I assume she won’t have a similar issue. Most ppl already assume that VK is a lock unless she can’t keep her weight in check again. So you already have some potentially strong tccs who already know much of the material.

I’m curious about Malena. She was a night away from making it but unlike Lily, she had clear issues. Kelli obviously loved her, but I wonder if her meltdown when she was cut will hurt her. Regardless, I would be surprised if she has resolved the memory issues. Seems to be a long-standing problem.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Oh, interesting. It’s looking like this year’s team will be one of the most difficult to make in years. 

Also, with Yuko and Khalyn retiring, the team’s diversity is momentarily at a pretty pathetic level. I think that Kelli wouldn’t be in a rush to cut Gabby, Brianna, or Ashley unless they just look sloppy or are awful at auditions.

I’m curious about Malena. She was a night away from making it but unlike Lily, she had clear issues. 

It is definitely going to be interesting seeing who makes the cut this year.  You bring up a very valid point about the squad's diversity (or lack thereof).  Malena is pretty and did well in interviews re: football knowledge.  But her emotions appear to be a huge risk and from the videos we've seen, her dance technique doesn't show improvement.

I liked Lily and hope she returns strong so she has a good shot at making the team.  Not sure how it will shake out though especially with VK re-auditioning.  As @Jess14 pointed out, the team needs more diversity so there may only be a certain few slots avail for blue eyed blondes.  But it all depends on how strong the new crop of auditioning girls is and which current vets are in danger of being cut.  Definitely tighter competition than we've seen in recent years.

• Love 3

Kelli seemed more determined to get Malena on the team last year than VK. Unless the whole cut meltdown turned her off, I expect Kelli to push for her again

• Love 1