Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

I can only envision next year's MTT finale.  They will highlight and showcase VK's strength, resiliency, perseverance, and struggle to make the team. She had to deal with the hardship and "devastating" let down after her premature cut from camp. She will make it next season, of course, I have no doubt. Then we will hear, blah, blah, blah Victoria ass-kissing, all summer long. Kill me now.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

If there's another strong rookie class, Christina IS one of the obvious girls to get cut.  There are enough upper vets now that they don't NEED to keep the weaker ones unless they want to.  However, I'll wait to see how Finals go.  Every year for the past two years, I've kept expecting Christina to be cut because I don't think she's good enough to be a DCC and every year Kelli surprises me by either putting Christina on the squad or keeping her there.  Wasn't it last year that several of the insiders said that the retired veterans helping at Finals were surprised at how poorly Christina performed during solos (and possibly on the field) and were appalled that she still made it to Training Camp?

And she got a Barbie too...

• Love 1
On 5/2/2019 at 2:05 PM, dreamcatcher said:

I know people don’t like Jenn’s choreo, but I think hers are the best prep classes. She focuses on technique and clean moves, which is really important while Michelle Keys is all about power so she comes close second. The rest are kinda all over the place. Plus she’s going through all the parts of the audition process and considering that she uses all the moves the dcc use, if you can nail her choreo you should be fine at tc.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I love Jennifer. I completely agree with your post!

On 5/2/2019 at 9:34 PM, sATL said:

with only 7 open spots (when 400+ come in the door at prelims) that is going to make for one interesting season ...

• how many veterans get out danced at finals?  .
  • Will a veteran not make weight or pass interview ?
  • Has any veteran been late to an obligation this year ?
  • will a veteran (or two) get cut during training camp ?
  • Has a veteran "misbehaved" during the past season ?
  • Heaven forbid - injury 

Here we go with 45 women vying for 36 spots..

{reserving the option to add to the list after thinking about the reasons a vet was cut during the process in the past x seasons}

I really hope all the returning vets make it back. It would definitely be interesting.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I love Jennifer. I completely agree with your post!

I really hope all the returning vets make it back. It would definitely be interesting.

I think it was in season 5 where Kelli said all the returning vets made it back. It would be nice to see that happen again.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I think it was in season 5 where Kelli said all the returning vets made it back. It would be nice to see that happen again.

Season 5 was where all the returning vets made it back to TC, but Amy Reese was cut, and four other vets were called into the office for weight issues. I do not think all the vets and one year rookies will make it back because I have the feeling someone will be cut.

16 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Season 5 was where all the returning vets made it back to TC, but Amy Reese was cut, and four other vets were called into the office for weight issues. I do not think all the vets and one year rookies will make it back because I have the feeling someone will be cut.

Was that the same season Rebecca Lynn was cut and it wasn't shown?

11 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Was that the same season Rebecca Lynn was cut and it wasn't shown?

season 6 and she didn't want her cut to be shown. not sure why

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Michele Butler said:

I can only envision next year's MTT finale.  They will highlight and showcase VK's strength, resiliency, perseverance, and struggle to make the team. She had to deal with the hardship and "devastating" let down after her premature cut from camp. She will make it next season, of course, I have no doubt. Then we will hear, blah, blah, blah Victoria ass-kissing, all summer long. Kill me now.

Where is the puke reaction icon?? Le sigh. I expect you're right but I'm hoping this is a mistaken forecast.

In other matters, I'm excited that the entire rookie class is re-auditioning, and I hope they post a lot of solo videos during finals this year!

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, M1977G said:

Where is the puke reaction icon?? Le sigh. I expect you're right but I'm hoping this is a mistaken forecast.

In other matters, I'm excited that the entire rookie class is re-auditioning, and I hope they post a lot of solo videos during finals this year!

If last year's rookie class was so strong than why did they keep Jessika and Christina? I laugh and roll my eyes when Kelli and Charlotte keep saying the rookies are so strong and the non veteran rookie class are the best we have in years, but they keep weak vets like Jessika and Christina instead of bringing on two stronger rookies.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

If last year's rookie class was so strong than why did they keep Jessika and Christina? I laugh and roll my eyes when Kelli and Charlotte keep saying the rookies are so strong and the non veteran rookie class are the best we have in years, but they keep weak vets like Jessika and Christina instead of bringing on two stronger rookies.

I gave up on trying to find logic, reason, and intelligence with regards to the decision making of Kelli & Charlotte, seasons ago.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BringItOn said:

I gave up on trying to find logic, reason, and intelligence with regards to the decision making of Kelli & Charlotte, seasons ago.

You said a mouthful there. It has gotten worse since the show keeps going on and on.

(edited)

My guess is VK will not only make the TC, but the team.   Even if she comes in weighing so much the seamstress has to make a whole new outfit for her, from the Omar the Tent maker collection.    Barring injury, or some outrageous act that even Kelli can't ignore, VK is going to be front and center for every episode.     

Personally, this means I'll watch the first episode, and maybe the second, just to see Kelli and everyone one else sob with joy over VK's solo, see the TCC announcement.   Then I'll come on here, and read the great narrative from those who can suffer through the season.   I just can't put up with another season of the VK show. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7

The test for whether Victoria makes the team is if she shows up at auditions.  Tina won't let her audition without assurances.  She was not happy last year at how her daughter was "humiliated." And she'll make the calendar and, hell, it wouldn't surprise me if she makes show group.  The delusion/nepotism over VK is ridiculous.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

The test for whether Victoria makes the team is if she shows up at auditions.  Tina won't let her audition without assurances.  She was not happy last year at how her daughter was "humiliated." And she'll make the calendar and, hell, it wouldn't surprise me if she makes show group.  The delusion/nepotism over VK is ridiculous.  

So much for world class performers and All American girls.

I suspect they'll handle VK one of two ways on the show:

1) We just won't see much of her.  There's always some girls we know are in training camp, but we just don't hear much about or see.  Given how heavy she still is and how out of control her dancing is, they should do that for VK if they insist on putting her on the team;

2) We'll hear a lot about her (i.e., we'll have to listen to her insipid talking head videos throughout), but we just won't see much of her dancing other than some carefully selected shots where she doesn't look too bad.  That'll be challenging though because she's still a bit too heavy for the traditional DCC standards.

• Love 6

3. They will showcase her in order to prove she deserves a spot on the team aka like they did with Breelan in Season 9. I just hope they do not show any Melissa the Mentor and Victoria scenes because that would cause me to want to beat my head against something.

4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is VK will not only make the TC, but the team, even if she comes in weighing so much the seamstress has to make a whole new outfit for her.    Barring injury, or some outrageous act that even Kelli can't ignore, VK is going to be front and center for every episode.      Personally, this means I'll watch the first episode, and maybe the second, just to see Kelli and everyone one else sob with joy over VK's solo, see the TCC announcement.   Then I'll come on here, and read the great narrative from those who can suffer through the season.   I just can't put up with another season of the VK show. 

I just want close up reaction shots of Marshall. I still get the giggles from finals ...

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

For those who aren't keeping track, we are up to NINE guys chosen to be NFL cheerleaders this year.

Rams - two guys (same two that made it last year)
Patriots - two guys
Saints - three guys (includes the guy who made it last year)
Eagles - one guy
Buccaneers - one guy

A few teams have not announced their squads yet, so there may be a few more. And that doesn't include the guys who auditioned for teams and made it to semis or finals before getting cut!

I cannot WAIT to see how many guys turn up for DCC auditions. We know Len Jackson will be there, but how many more, I wonder? On one hand, that's a very conservative part of the country, so maybe the guys will stay home. But on the other hand, it's the most prestigious team in the league, so surely if they're going to show up anywhere, they will show turn up in spades in Dallas, right?

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

The only person Tina should be mad at regarding her daughter being "humiliated" on national television is her daughter.  Victoria gave them everything they needed to humiliate her and, even though things can be spun certain ways in post productions, there was a LOT of footage to choose from.  I wouldn't even be surprised if the crew was as sick and tired of Victoria as we were by the end of things and had their own little party to celebrate her being gone.  It would likely take a lot of re-shooting to get enough footage (as well as a LOT of coaching) in order to spin a sympathetic story for Victoria.  To do that much work for one girl when other girls are getting critiqued and/or cut would not only lead to a very tense locker room (and all the gossip that would ensue when people feel that one person is favored over everyone else), but people would be upset that they had to stay FAR later than needed (and thus cutting into home/personal life) and that would also put people out.  Since we haven't heard anything about Kelli taking anything the girls want into consideration, especially when they have concerns or complaints about things, I suspect that she would either ignore anything that came to her attention (labeling jealousy that Victoria is "so much better" than they are and that they're trying to get her into trouble in order to get her cut) or cut the girls complaining for being "toxic".

• Love 6

I do remember rumors floating around about Tara complaining about Victoria which lead her to be cut. I would not be surprised Cassie went running to Judy and Kelli and told on some of the girls also when she was on the team. Judy did have Olivia S. cut for being toxic because Olivia stood up to Cassie aka complaining about the rookies getting more time in front of the camera. And of course the rumors were flying about Amy Reese being cut because she allegedly was partying, drinking, and missing curfew during her last calendar shoot by the favorites on the squad which is funny in a way because some of the favorites were probably doing the same thing. I have heard Kelli, Judy and Charlotte like girls who tell on the other girls.

33 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do remember rumors floating around about Tara complaining about Victoria which lead her to be cut. I would not be surprised Cassie went running to Judy and Kelli and told on some of the girls also when she was on the team. Judy did have Olivia S. cut for being toxic because Olivia stood up to Cassie aka complaining about the rookies getting more time in front of the camera. And of course the rumors were flying about Amy Reese being cut because she allegedly was partying, drinking, and missing curfew during her last calendar shoot by the favorites on the squad which is funny in a way because some of the favorites were probably doing the same thing. I have heard Kelli, Judy and Charlotte like girls who tell on the other girls.

Unless the girl being told on is Victoria or Cassie (or one of the other favored girls).  Then the "tattler" should watch out because she's going to get into trouble.

• Love 1
(edited)

I can't wait for the Marshall reactions.     

My guess is that if VK shows up in the shape we think she will, then she'll still make camp, and there will be a lot of long shots, and shoulders and up shots.     Until the crew really starts to get sick of her attitude, and starts showing the unvarnished truth in her scenes.     She's still going to make the team this year. 

I suspect even if every single DCC threatened to quit, VK would still make the team.  Kelli wouldn't believe that anyone would actually walk away from the DCC, so the look on her face if anyone actually walked would be classic.     However, my guess is that if that happened, the entire training camp, and some finalists would work on a reduced number of dances, and be the DCC.   Sadly, that would lead to three or four sessions of Thunderstruck every game.        

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

So, what do you think would happen if the rest of the team "went on strike", or threatened to walk, if VK made the team? Like they did when Jerry Jones bought the team and wanted to make the DCC fraternize with big money fans, etc.

Edited by Muckypup61

This is the third time I have seen it confirmed there will be a show.

✭ Gerald Foster ✭

@DCC_Judy@Kelli_Finglass

I Have A Question For You Both I Was Wondering If You All Are Going To Have Dcc Making The Team On@CMT

This Season I Really Hope You All Do It’s My Favorite Show Ever Thanks

Judy answered "yes"

Judy Trammell@DCC_JudyReplying to@GeraldFoster@Kelli_Finglassand@CMT

Yes!

• Love 4
17 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

OG Mean girls.

• Love 1

If you had to cut three returning veterans at auditions based on what you know right now, who would you cut?

I think they'll cut two on principle but I like figuring out who's on the chopping block! 

(edited)
27 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

If you had to cut three returning veterans at auditions based on what you know right now, who would you cut?

I think they'll cut two on principle but I like figuring out who's on the chopping block! 

Veteran Christina and one year rookies Taylor and Gabby I have heard by at least one insider might be on the chopping block.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, dccfangirl said:

Christina- dance ability or lack of

Gabby- seems to have weight issues

Rachel W- just can't warm to her or her look

1 hour ago, dccfangirl said:

Christina, Savannah and Gabby.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

Who I want cut are Christina and Brennan. Who I think will be cut is Christina. I don't think Kelli and Charlotte will cut Gabby because they need an Asian representative, unless they find another one during tryouts. 

• Love 5

I’m interested to see what they do about Daphne. The comments on the pictures they posted of her are brutal. Someone said they didn’t know 50 year olds could be cheerleaders. If the same comments were posted stating she was too fat, rather than too thin, she would be cut in a heartbeat. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Jennv said:

I’m interested to see what they do about Daphne. The comments on the pictures they posted of her are brutal. Someone said they didn’t know 50 year olds could be cheerleaders. If the same comments were posted stating she was too fat, rather than too thin, she would be cut in a heartbeat. 

I’m not trying to shame Daphne, and I’m certainly not going to ridicule her. She seems very driven and focused. Sometimes, that’s a good thing.  Sometimes...it’s a bad thing. 

If I were a teammate/friend/boss/sister/mother, I’d be incredibly concerned. Hell, I’m a random, anonymous person on the Internet and I’m concerned. This from last week’s DCC Instagram stories.8C9109FE-2C75-4121-B75C-9D19D8A8242F.jpeg.ab38f31200883424203af128867de6e1.jpeg 

I hope this is attached correctly, I’m woefully bad at attachments and quotes and things of that nature. 

• Love 1

I hope they do not go down the same road like they did with Courtney Cook. The fans and viewers could tell something was wrong with Courtney in her final interview scene, but they take her back to TC anyway.

Wake up Kelli and Charlotte. You have girls getting sick trying to lose weight and fit in your precious uniform, but you are more worried about your precious brand. Sorry for sounding like a broken record, but wake up and smell the DCC coffee before it is too late for one of the girls. They were darn lucky Courtney's family finally saw the picture and got her help before it was too late. Same thing with Kaitlin. She saw the picture and got away from the toxic environment and is happier and healthier because of it.

6 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

Christina - I don’t think she should have ever made it in the first place. 

savannah - I just don’t see what others see in her. I don’t think she’s attractive and she’s a mediocre dancer at best. Another one that should never have made it. 

Amber - I’m sure she’s great, but she just doesn’t do anything for me. 

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, BringItOn said:

Who I want cut are Christina and Brennan. Who I think will be cut is Christina. I don't think Kelli and Charlotte will cut Gabby because they need an Asian representative, unless they find another one during tryouts. 

I doubt they'll cut Brennan.  It's seems she's well-liked by a LOT of people, her dancing's improved a LOT and she's very personable from what I hear (granted, most of it's here and not through any personal connection to anyone in the organization).  Christina's a given for me (mainly because of her attitude and her dancing, or lack thereof).  If Gabby's been on weight-warning this year, like what has been reported, she's likely to be on the chopping block unless she gets REALLY lucky.  Savannah's a risk, but Kelli and Charlotte like her look (and she's a locker room favorite by all accounts).  Frankly, those are the only three I see being at risk.  Taylor could be because she stands out and not always in a good way.  I can't think of anyone else who might be at risk at the moment.

Edited by EricaShadows
(edited)
7 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

I'd cut both Rachels and Briana. All three are blenders to me. ETA: This is just if I were in charge and not based on any real information. I honestly don't think anyone is in danger of being cut. 

Edited by ExtremeFajitas

If I had to pick 3 cuts at finals they'd be:

Christina---her dancing isn't strong and it shows. As a Vet she should be one of the best and she's not.

Gabby---while I like her look, she did appear to struggle with weight this season and that is a career ender

In my own perfect world, Rachel W because she's a horrible human being...but since the DCC love her, it won't happen. So I'd probably go with a Taylor or Amber. Unfortunately for Taylor, her height sticks out so much that you can always tell when she is and isn't doing what she is supposed to. Amber bombed media training and her look isn't a standout, if she didn't have a solid year on SG I could see them cutting her. 

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, BringItOn said:

My RUTHLESS cuts based on my personal dislike wou!d be Gina and RW.

Who would you ruthlessly cut based on their persona?

On personality alone I would cut Rachel W. and Christina. I know Rachel W is a terrible person, I'm confident that Christina is also. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

On personality one I would cut Rachel W. and Christina. I know Rachel W is a terrible person, I'm confident that Christina is also. 

I agree with RW. You can see thru that soft spoken southern bell miss congeniality orange shit from a mile away.

And Christina is a bore. YAWN.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

If I had to pick 3 cuts at finals they'd be:

Christina---her dancing isn't strong and it shows. As a Vet she should be one of the best and she's not.

Gabby---while I like her look, she did appear to struggle with weight this season and that is a career ender

In my own perfect world, Rachel W because she's a horrible human being...but since the DCC love her, it won't happen. So I'd probably go with a Taylor or Amber. Unfortunately for Taylor, her height sticks out so much that you can always tell when she is and isn't doing what she is supposed to. Amber bombed media training and her look isn't a standout, if she didn't have a solid year on SG I could see them cutting her. 

Forgive me for being behind but why is Rachel a horrible human being? What did she do??

The 3 I would cut are:

1. Christina- Obvious reasons lol

2. Savannah- She can't dance and she bugs the crap out of me, especially her face.

3. Daphne- This might sound mean but the girl needs to be put out of her misery. You can tell she's doing something dangerous to lose weight and it looks awful. She's a good dancer but she needs to get away from DCC and be healthy.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

Christina, Savannah and Maddie 

I’ll explain Maddie, the other two are obvious. She’s been getting heavier each year and while she appears to have trimmed down a bit she has no shape, she’s looking like Ali who they cut for being a square shape. I think it’ll be pretty easy to let VK on the squad for a soft stomach if Maddie’s got her rolls wiggling too. 

If they are concerned about that brand as much as the say the heavier ones need to go.

• Love 2