Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Judy meekly expressed reservations about VK during auditions last year and was basically told (not very nicely, by the way) to STFU.  That's why she was super quiet when it came to VK the rest of the season.  She'd been chastised and learned her lesson.

This explains ALOT. I vaguely remember a scene on MTT in which Judy was quiet, but it was obvious that she had something to say, and Kelli even commented about Judy being quiet. Can you imagine being Judy and having to choreograph for DCC with VK on the team? What a challenge! Other than her flagrant blind spot when it came to her own daughter, Judy seems to have the most practical eye for who has the necessary dance ability for DCC.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Not that I'm aware, but that would have been an appropriate retort.  Especially Cassie's behavior on the infamous USO tour.

Don't forget getting rookie Olivia S. cut in Season 6 because she had the guts to stand up to Cassie during the calendar shoot. #teamOlivia

On 5/10/2019 at 4:16 PM, Loves2Dance said:

If Weatherman Scott is gone, I'll riot. 

Agreed!  And If weatherman Scott is back and suddenly a VK fan, I will also riot.

• Love 9
On 5/4/2019 at 4:17 PM, Michele Butler said:

I can only envision next year's MTT finale.  They will highlight and showcase VK's strength, resiliency, perseverance, and struggle to make the team. She had to deal with the hardship and "devastating" let down after her premature cut from camp. She will make it next season, of course, I have no doubt. Then we will hear, blah, blah, blah Victoria ass-kissing, all summer long. Kill me now.

There will also be the 27 different ways we will not so subtly be told that there was no favoritism (for a refresher or a drinking game they will sound like: she did it one her own merit, proved to the judges, everyone loved her routine, flawless, best legs, that girl was clearly in her space and it wasn’t at all VK being out of control, etc.).

• Love 5
On 5/5/2019 at 2:35 PM, bigskygirl said:

3. They will showcase her in order to prove she deserves a spot on the team aka like they did with Breelan in Season 9. I just hope they do not show any Melissa the Mentor and Victoria scenes because that would cause me to want to beat my head against something.

After the crap she pulled with Jinelle last season, I wouldn't be surprised if VK thinks she doesn't need mentoring. On the other hand, she loves hogging the camera time so maybe she'd go along with it. Or maybe they'd suck Melissa into the whole routine of making comments only that show how great VK is, like she'd say, "You're doing great!! You already look like a DCC. Just don't get inside your head too much." I think that would tick me off even more. 

• Love 3
On 5/9/2019 at 5:20 PM, BringItOn said:

If we're talking about the woman who got cut for being "thick" but fit and a great dancer, I saw that episode after the whole VK drama and I was completely appalled. How dare they, she was 2000x more fit and a better dancer than VK could ever be.

I thought she was cute as a button. Great personality and work ethic and a good dancer. She wasn't heavy. They just didn't like the way her butt looked in the uniform. But to me she didn't look overweight at all. I guess they admitted that she wasn't overweight, but thought she didn't look good in the uniform. But she had a very tiny waist and she wasn't jiggly at all, unlike some of the others they have taken. I was really mad/sad they got rid of her. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

I thought she was cute as a button. Great personality and work ethic and a good dancer. She wasn't heavy. They just didn't like the way her butt looked in the uniform. But to me she didn't look overweight at all. I guess they admitted that she wasn't overweight, but thought she didn't look good in the uniform. But she had a very tiny waist and she wasn't jiggly at all, unlike some of the others they have taken. I was really mad/sad they got rid of her. 

I am still not happy that they cut her. Couldn't they make the bottoms have a little give around the thigh? She had a cute figure that was in shape. I would take that any day over anorexic thin.

• Love 5

I have no idea if she is but I really hope Cami Brandon auditions this year.  I don't know anything about her dance ability but she is a life long cheerleader and an amazing performer. Does anyone know if she is planning to audition?

1 minute ago, njcate said:

I have no idea if she is but I really hope Cami Brandon auditions this year.  I don't know anything about her dance ability but she is a life long cheerleader and an amazing performer. Does anyone know if she is planning to audition?

Oops - that should have said Branson 

7 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

After the crap she pulled with Jinelle last season, I wouldn't be surprised if VK thinks she doesn't need mentoring. On the other hand, she loves hogging the camera time so maybe she'd go along with it. Or maybe they'd suck Melissa into the whole routine of making comments only that show how great VK is, like she'd say, "You're doing great!! You already look like a DCC. Just don't get inside your head too much." I think that would tick me off even more. 

I will pretend I did not read that. We do not need Melissa the Mentor and Victoria scene.

1 hour ago, njcate said:

Oops - that should have said Branson 

I know she did audition in the past but completely blew the finals routine (she blanked from what I recall).  As far as I know she hasn't auditioned since.

9 hours ago, DCCme said:

There will also be the 27 different ways we will not so subtly be told that there was no favoritism (for a refresher or a drinking game they will sound like: she did it one her own merit, proved to the judges, everyone loved her routine, flawless, best legs, that girl was clearly in her space and it wasn’t at all VK being out of control, etc.).

Let us not forget "beautiful storm"!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

And there are a lot of guys that prefer that to a shape like Colby's!!!!

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I will pretend I did not read that. We do not need Melissa the Mentor and Victoria scene.

Pass those airplane puke bags now!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

When watching the show I never notice small details about candidates until  Kelli points them out, like thutts, wonky eyes, boxy figures, etc .... At the same time I don't see what Kelli sees in VK, best legs, beautiful storm, musical dancer ... Must be me.LOL!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

I am still not happy that they cut her. Couldn't they make the bottoms have a little give around the thigh? She had a cute figure that was in shape. I would take that any day over anorexic thin.

For as often as they remind us that no two uniforms are alike cause they are made to fit each girl's figure, I think they could have made her a pair of bottoms that would have accentuated her shape.

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I know she did audition in the past but completely blew the finals routine (she blanked from what I recall).  As far as I know she hasn't auditioned since.

Looks like she is a real estate agent, so maybe she will be focusing on that.  Who knows, she may miss dancing like some do and try out in the future.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Opine said:

And there are a lot of guys that prefer that to a shape like Colby's!!!!

I'd argue most.

3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

For as often as they remind us that no two uniforms are alike cause they are made to fit each girl's figure, I think they could have made her a pair of bottoms that would have accentuated her shape.

Yeah, I always assumed it meant they were custom made, but then Kelli said about Megan Sharpe that she's in a large, so all they're really doing is some alterations.

• Love 4

With auditions less than a week away, I feel I would give quick thoughts on this rookie class. Luckily, I don't really desire to see any of them cut.

The one that annoys me: Rachel

The one who I hope stays healthy and takes care of herself: Daphne.

Ones who I rarely think about: Alanna, Amber and Jaylyn.

Ones who grew on me as the season went on: Ashlee, Briana and Caroline.

Ones who I think don't get enough credit/are underrated: Erin, Madeline and Taylor J.

My favorite ones this season (If any of them get cut I may riot....or just simply come onto the forum and complain about it 😉): Brennan, Bridget, Cianna, Hannah and Gabby!

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Lona said:

With auditions less than a week away, I feel I would give quick thoughts on this rookie class. Luckily, I don't really desire to see any of them cut.

Ones who I think don't get enough credit/are underrated: Erin, Madeline and Taylor J.

My favorite ones this season (If any of them get cut I may riot....or just simply come onto the forum and complain about it 😉😞 Brennan, Bridget, Cianna, Hannah and Gabby!

The one that annoys me: Rachel.

Ones who I rarely think about: Amber, Caroline, & Taylor J.

Ones who grew on me as the season went on: Ashlee & Briana.

Ones who I think don't get enough credit/are underrated: Erin, Gabby, and Cianna.

My favorite ones this season: Jalyn, Bridget, and Hannah for triangle!

• Love 3
(edited)
29 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

The one that annoys me: Rachel.

Ones who I rarely think about: Amber, Caroline, & Taylor J.

Ones who grew on me as the season went on: Ashlee & Briana.

Ones who I think don't get enough credit/are underrated: Erin, Gabby, and Cianna.

My favorite ones this season: Jalyn, Bridget, and Hannah for triangle!

The one that annoys me: Daphne

Ones that I rarely think about: Alanna, Briana, Gabby

Ones that grew on me as the season went on:  Ashlee, Caroline, Cianna

Ones that I think don't get enough credit:  Amber, Amber and Amber!

My favorite ones this season: Amber, Brennan, Bridget, Hannah, Jalyn

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 2

The one that annoys me: Briana

The one who I hope stays healthy and takes care of herself: Daphne

Ones who I rarely think about: Alanna

Ones who grew on me as the season went on: Caroline

Ones who I think don't get enough credit/are underrated: Cianna, Amber, Taylor

My favorite ones this season: Bridget, Hannah, Cianna

• Love 2

The one that annoys me: Rachel W. & Taylor J. 

The one who I hope stays healthy and takes care of herself: Daphne & Gabby 

Ones who I rarely think about: Alanna, Amber, Ashlee, Briana, Caroline, Madeline M

Ones who grew on me as the season went on:  Hannah & Cianna

Ones who I think don't get enough credit/are underrated:  Erin S. 

My favorite ones this season: Jalyn, Brennan & Bridget 

(edited)

The one that annoys me: Madeline 

The one who I hope stays healthy and takes care of herself: Taylor J (knee)

Ones who I rarely think about: Erin, Brennan

Ones who grew on me as the season went on: Ashlee, Jaylyn, Alana

Ones who I think don't get enough credit/are underrated: Amber, Brianna, Gabby

My favorite ones this season: Bridget, Cianna, Caroline, Ashlee

Edited by M1977G

The one that annoys me: Rachel

The one who I hope stays healthy and takes care of herself: Gabby maybe Daphne, but I suspect that one picture was extra bad; I saw others where she looked thin, but less emaciated 

Ones who I rarely think about: Amber, Allana, Erin (I like Erin, I just tend to forget her  the other two I literally never remember)

Ones who grew on me as the season went on: Daphne, Caroline

Ones who I think don't get enough credit/are underrated: Ashlee

My favorite ones this season: Bridget, Ashlee, Hannah, Jalyn 

• Love 1

The one that annoys me: none 

Ones who I rarely think about: Madeline M

Ones who grew on me as the season went on:  Caroline

Ones who I think don't get enough credit/are underrated:  Cianna

My favorite ones this season: Brennan, Hannah, and Bridget 

• Love 1

Ones who I rarely think about: Madeline, Erin, Taylor, and Briana

One who grew on me as the season went on: Ashlee and Caroline

Ones who I think don't get enough credit/are underrated: Cianna

My favorite ones this season: Bridget, Cianna, and Jalyn

• Love 1

The one that annoys me: Rachel Yuki Wyatt

The one who I hope stays healthy and takes care of herself: Bridget and Daphne

Ones who I rarely think about: Caroline, Amber, Brennan

Ones who grew on me as the season went on: Erin

Ones who I think don't get enough credit/are underrated: Erin, Madeline, Cianna. Ashlee

My favorite ones this season (If any of them get cut I may riot....or just simply come onto the forum and complain about it 😉): Bridget, Alanna

• Love 1

Apparently JennA is having a Mock Audition Prelims and Semis during her class this week with judges being Former DCC’s Danielle, Samantha, Melissa, and Lacey. I know she gets some hate on here but I like her and think what she does for prep classes is great!

• Love 19

Thee one that annoys me: Rachel W

The one who I hope stays healthy and takes care of herself: Gabby 

Ones who I rarely think about: Caroline

Ones who grew on me as the season went on: Alanna

Ones who I think don't get enough credit/are underrated: Alanna, Cianna

My favorite ones this season Jalyn, Alanna

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Lona said:

My favorite ones this season (If any of them get cut I may riot....or just simply come onto the forum and complain about it 😉😞 Brennan, Bridget, Cianna, Hannah and Gabby!

So far, in summary, RW annoys people and Bridget, Hannah, Jalyn are the majority forum favorites. Thanks for posting this!

• Love 9
3 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

The one who I hope stays healthy and takes care of herself: Bridget and Daphne

I’m a little out of the loop, did something happen with Bridget? I hope she’s ok! 

The one that annoys me: Daphne

Ones who I rarely think about: Ashlee

Ones who grew on me as the season went on: Hannah, Jalyn

My favorite ones this season: Bridget, Alanna, Taylor (who rocked the swimsuit shoot)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Monique said:

Apparently JennA is having a Mock Audition Prelims and Semis during her class this week with judges being Former DCC’s Danielle, Samantha, Melissa, and Lacey. I know she gets some hate on here but I like her and think what she does for prep classes is great!

This is a GREAT opportunity for the girls that go!

• Love 1

The one that annoys me: Daphne and Briana

Ones who I rarely think about: Taylor T 

Ones who grew on me as the season went on: Madeline

Ones who I think don't get enough credit/are underrated: Alanna and Cianna

My favorite ones this season: Bridget and Hannah

The one that annoys me: Rachel W.

Ones who I rarely think about: Amber, Jaylyn

Ones who grew on me as the season went on: Ashlee, Erin

My favorite ones this season: Hannah, Caroline

• Love 1

The one that annoys me: Brennan

Ones who I rarely think about: Rachel W., Amber, Ashlee

Ones who grew on me as the season went on: Gabby, Hannah, Bridget

Ones who I think don't get enough credit/are underrated: Bridget, Hannah

My favorite ones this season: Gabby, Bridget and Hannah

The ones that annoys me: Christina, Savannah, Hannah, Jayln

Ones who I rarely think about: Molly (but I like her),  Gabby, Caroline

Ones who grew on me as the season went on: Erin, Bridget, Taylor

Ones who I think don't get enough credit/are underrated: Bridget, Taylor

My favorite ones this season: Bridget, HEATHER, Amy

(edited)
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I missed that Raven Elise is trying out again.  She's beautiful. 

I've been rooting for Raven for a couple of years now. Hopefully she makes it this year! She's absolutely stunning and fit and can dance. I think she rocked it last year but feel like maybe she had too similar looks to Lacey to make it..

Edited by JayDKay
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Monique said:

If I was going to audition, I would definitely want to take classes from her! 

• Love 5
(edited)

The one that annoys me: Rachel W

Ones who I rarely think about: Amber, Ashlee

Ones who grew on me as the season went on: Caroline, Briana

Ones who I think don't get enough credit/are underrated:  Taylor, Hannah

My favorite ones this season: Erin, Madeline, Brennan, Bridget

Edited by Kees080
provide more description.
  • Love 1

The one that annoys me: None of them

The one who I hope stays healthy and takes care of herself:  All of them

Ones who I rarely think about: Madeline, Amber

Ones who grew on me as the season went on: Erin

Ones who I think don't get enough credit/are underrated:  Alanna & Briana

My favorite ones this season: Brennan, Brennan, and Brennan LOL...oh and then there's Caroline and Bridget.

• Love 7

The ones that annoys me: Daphne (just think she has a masculine look?)

Ones who I rarely think about:  Amber

Ones who grew on me as the season went on: Erin, Madeline

Ones who I think don't get enough credit/are underrated: Gabby, Caroline

My favorite ones this season: Bridget, Jaylen

Fudge. Typed out a big 'ol long post, only to have it sign me out and not keep or post it! 

First post, long time watcher and been following y'all at least a year. Y'all are amazing. Never needed to post cause you've always said it- and said it far more eloquently than I would've anyway. 

I just wondered if anyone has heard if Kristin Dodd is re-auditioning? She's gorgeous, fun to watch and she's the sign-language girl, right? I really hope she's matured and gained some confidence. She came off pretty timid last year, and I think the enormous flash eyelashes made her look sleepy. She's a pretty girl, doesn't need those. Hope she returns...

Dead Horse- I REALLY hope VK doesn't re-audition. Been watching since S1 and I can't remember any TCC coming off as a more inappropriate and ill-prepared candidate as her. Pleeeeeese Judy, for the love of humanity, say SOMETHING!! I don't have a second of dance training and even I can see she's noodley, s****** and a half beat ahead or behind the music! #scottisnotwrong! 

Heather for point, Maddie and Amy on either side. 

• Love 16

Judy could say she does not think VK should be on the team, and TPTB would totally ignore her. Her opinion means little to Kelli and Charlotte.

It does look like Kristin will be trying out again. She needs to improve big time because I do not see her as a DCC.

20 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Judy could say she does not think VK should be on the team, and TPTB would totally ignore her. Her opinion means little to Kelli and Charlotte.

It does look like Kristin will be trying out again. She needs to improve big time because I do not see her as a DCC.

If Kristin gained some confidence as an AAIA this year and got a better commute (thus more sleep), she might stand a chance. But she hasn’t, she is toast.