Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

In case anyone has forgotten of the ridiculous favoritism that was shown VK last season, Kelli awarded her a Barbie based on her finals routine.  SMGDH.

Mark my words, if she's at auditions this year, she will make semis, she will make finals, and she will make the team.  It doesn't matter what she does or what she looks like.  The fix is IN.

Exactly.  This is in comparison to Lori Loughlin paying to have her daughters attend USC.

VK making the team is not fair whatsoever, even based on what I've seen of her this year.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

VK can spend all the money in the world or as little money on a solo.  She'll still make it to prelmins and finals.  What a joke to flaunt having to fly out to finalize the solo.  Girl, (VK), get real.

I do not want to see her on the team this year.  It is clear that she makes it based on connection only and I'm not an advocate of that shit, whether it is on a dance team or applying for college.  There is nothing more hurtful than to not be selected because the other person who was selected (with less credentials) was a friend or family member.  

NO VKMTT!

PREACH!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

VK can spend all the money in the world or as little money on a solo.  She'll still make it to prelmins and finals.  What a joke to flaunt having to fly out to finalize the solo.  Girl, (VK), get real.

I do not want to see her on the team this year.  It is clear that she makes it based on connection only and I'm not an advocate of that shit, whether it is on a dance team or applying for college.  There is nothing more hurtful than to not be selected because the other person who was selected (with less credentials) was a friend or family member.  

NO VKMTT!

Maybe in light of the recent college admissions scandals, TBTB will NOT put VK on the team.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, J-R said:

Maybe in light of the recent college admissions scandals, TBTB will NOT put VK on the team.

Kelli wanted her on the team last year. Charlotte probably said cut her because she is stirring up too much trouble. If Kelli and Charlotte want her on the team, she will be on the team.

14 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

In case anyone has forgotten of the ridiculous favoritism that was shown VK last season, Kelli awarded her a Barbie based on her finals routine.  SMGDH.

Mark my words, if she's at auditions this year, she will make semis, she will make finals, and she will make the team.  It doesn't matter what she does or what she looks like.  The fix is IN.

Sadly, I agree with you 100%. I am someone who has absolutely zero knowledge of anything behind-the-scenes at DCC. In fact, the reason that I ever found this discussion board was last season when I was watching MTT and my jaw hit the floor as I could not comprehend what was being broadcast on my television screen. I did a Google search to find out what the hell was going on with the DCC auditions. I could not figure out why this person named Victoria was featured ubiquitously and skated through round after round when she was clearly not as polished, mature, or fit as so many other candidates. I came across this discussion forum. My point in sharing this?... A random person who has watched MTT since Season 1 said, "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark (er, Texas)," and if I picked-up on the favoritism of Victoria Kalina by simply watching the footage aired, then there is no denying it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, JerseyGirl said:

I can't even watch repeat episodes of Season 13 because of the whole VK mess.  I've never ever been disappointed in any season in ANY television show ever!

I think the show has jump the shark since Season 8 and the Morgan Saga. It seems they are more focus on the drama and bringing in the big bucks and attention the show can bring the Cowboys and DCC Organizations instead of showing how the team is develop after auditions and TC are over.

16 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Kelli wanted her on the team last year. Charlotte probably said cut her because she is stirring up too much trouble. If Kelli and Charlotte want her on the team, she will be on the team.

Remember when Danielle made it back to TC (last minute decision)? Kelli called her into her office during TC and told her to "bust ass" to make the team again. Maybe she needs to tell  Victoria the same thing.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Remember when Danielle made it back to TC (last minute decision)? Kelli called her into her office during TC and told her to "bust ass" to make the team again. Maybe she needs to tell  Victoria the same thing.

Danielle was almost cut again after being called into the office for weight gain. She was called back in for a second time after Chelsea was called back in, but her scene was not shown. I think she was also called into the office for weight in Season 9, but the scene was not shown.

I wonder if Lily will re-audition? Her cut last year was just CHOP you're done....I'm not sure if she even wants to try again.  If she is she's keeping it quiet on her IG.  

2 hours ago, Kayce said:

I wonder if Lily will re-audition? Her cut last year was just CHOP you're done....I'm not sure if she even wants to try again.  If she is she's keeping it quiet on her IG.  

Lily's cut was exactly as you describe it - CHOP you're done. It seemed so out of the blue because we had no prior knowledge of her at all. Since the show focused so much on another individual all season, then we never heard anything about Lily until the random moment of her cut. If she does tryout again this season, I hope we actually get to see her.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kayce said:

I thought she went to one of the earlier prep classes.  Supposedly all the girls who were cut, with the exception of Dayton, plan to re-audition.  I hope Lily does come back, and I hope she got more info from K&J than what we saw.  

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I thought she went to one of the earlier prep classes.  Supposedly all the girls who were cut, with the exception of Dayton, plan to re-audition.  I hope Lily does come back, and I hope she got more info from K&J than what we saw.  

I hope Kirstin makes it!

• Love 15
On 4/23/2019 at 8:55 PM, Jennv said:

I can’t even imagine being so rich that I would happily pay to send my daughter to  California to learn a solo for an audition for a minimum wage job. 

Nah. Being rich would mean paying to fly in the choreo, paying their fee, hotel and board so your precious darling doesn't have to leave the state. Flying to him is actually the cheaper way. 

I hope VK never makes it to finals. She doesn't deserve to. She'll never be a DCC. 

On 4/23/2019 at 9:15 PM, ByTor said:

Victoria needs to commit this tweet to memory...

Nah, VK would just order fried chicken & okra. That's chicken...and a green veggie. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Nah. Being rich would mean paying to fly in the choreo, paying their fee, hotel and board so your precious darling doesn't have to leave the state. Flying to him is actually the cheaper way. 

I hope VK never makes it to finals. She doesn't deserve to. She'll never be a DCC. 

Nah, VK would just order fried chicken & okra. That's chicken...and a green veggie. 

And a milkshake for her daily calcium requirement

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
Just now, Loves2Dance said:

I know this will never happen, but I'd love to see Tara come back, make the team and walk out with a mic drop...

That would be the best thing ever!!!!!!  I am sure we would all pay to see it!  I am still mad about this.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I know this will never happen, but I'd love to see Tara come back, make the team and walk out with a mic drop...

I would love to see her tell Kelli and Charlotte off. Now that would be entertainment.

It is totally unfair for the standards to be different for VK. However, we are also seeing some worryingly thin women on the team so let's not make too much fun of VK's diet and specific foods she eats. 

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, pisces125 said:

It is totally unfair for the standards to be different for VK. However, we are also seeing some worryingly thin women on the team so let's not make too much fun of VK's diet and specific foods she eats. 

Well, I think that if K&J were to talk to Gina or Daphne about needing to gain some weight back and offered them the services of a nutritionist, they would take it seriously and not throw a tantrum in the office.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, I think that if K&J were to talk to Gina or Daphne about needing to gain some weight back and offered them the services of a nutritionist, they would take it seriously and not throw a tantrum in the office.

I agree.  The same as when Veronica, Brittany, and Courtney were offered My Fit Foods to lose some weight.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I agree 🙂  And there is valid criticism of how she irresponsibly she reacted to the offer of Jinelle's help, which seemed like a huge favor they would only ever offer to VK specifically.    It would be nice to see K&J actually tell someone to gain weight instead of only ever tell people to lose weight, even when women are getting scary skinny.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, pisces125 said:

I agree 🙂  And there is valid criticism of how she irresponsibly she reacted to the offer of Jinelle's help, which seemed like a huge favor they would only ever offer to VK specifically.    It would be nice to see K&J actually tell someone to gain weight instead of only ever tell people to lose weight, even when women are getting scary skinny.

I always wonder how much of it is "I'm going to be photographed from all angles and I want to be in shape."  I don't think they set out to get too skinny, cause Daphne was already thin, but with workouts and low carb diets and juicing...….some go overboard.  And then of course, there are auditions coming up, so even more pressure.  Hopefully, they are able to get healthy in time, without their bodies clinging to every calorie so they don't gain too much weight.

And of course with VK, it's like any other gal trying out for the squad who has been preparing for their whole life, or since grade school, or since high school or whenever they made up their mind.  They should know the standards, not just for weight, but for jump splits, kicks, flexibility, etc.  Or like the ones who show up, make it to TC and are surprised about the schedule.  Seriously people, 13 seasons!!!!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

Did anyone watch this video of the dance being taught tonight at prep class?  It is terrible and the comments are not good.  

I've never enjoyed anything she's done. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Did anyone watch this video of the dance being taught tonight at prep class?  It is terrible and the comments are not good.  

Stephanie Dibiase dances like I do when I'm waiting for my food to cook in the microwave. 😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2

Dating myself ... Remember Up With People?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

For me, she’s just not a clean crisp dancer which shows in the choreo. She never completes a move fully, which isn’t the DCC way. It’s a little frenetic for me. I like stretched arms and pointed feet but that probably comes from my ballet background! 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, DanceChick said:

I've never enjoyed anything she's done. 

Yep, and now I understand more than ever why so many of her Ice Angels don't make it.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I watched it twice and thought it was horrible.  I am not a dancer and know nothing about dance technique so I refrained from commenting.  I guess I was not off base with my thoughts.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

It looks like improv to me...I think it would be better if she took out the constant bouncing because it gives it a sloppy vibe, but some of the moves don't make sense together so it wouldn't entirely fix it. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, pisces125 said:

They did hint around with Colby and the one TC Candidate in Season 10? to gain some weight. I think they also hinted around with Kelsey in Season 7 about her weight also.

37 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

Prep class video with VK front and center. I couldn't pick anyone else ou but recognized her. I'm not a fan of this choreo at all, I think SDW is a great mentor and supporter but her dancing is not my style. They all look s****** and all over the place. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwvt0hwH4Gs/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1onbu0zasg74g

The blonde girl that is dead center in the dance, to Victoria's right and back a row or two looks like this girl that was an Oklahoma Thunder.  It has been said she will be auditioning.

12 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

This routine looks like it teaches neither technique nor precision.  It actually looks *worse* watching multiple girls dancing the routine. S****** and imprecise are an understatement!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

They did hint around with Colby and the one TC Candidate in Season 10? to gain some weight. I think they also hinted around with Kelsey in Season 7 about her weight also.

Oh yeah, "5 pounds takes 5 years off".  Hopefully they will tell that to daphne and gina if they are looking unhealthy at auditions

2 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

Prep class video with VK front and center. I couldn't pick anyone else ou but recognized her. I'm not a fan of this choreo at all, I think SDW is a great mentor and supporter but her dancing is not my style. They all look s****** and all over the place. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwvt0hwH4Gs/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1onbu0zasg74g

I was just going to comment the same thing—s******!  Most of all it just isn’t fun to watch!  Awful!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

There was another TCC Emily who Kelli might have said was underweight. She was cut for being too timid and looking defeated when she messed up. She auditioned for the SD  Charger Girls ( same year as Rose) but didn't make it.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Kelsey had just been in the hospital for intestinal issues, so she was probably trying to gain back the weight.  When the veterans thought she was anorexic, maybe she ate the wrong food/too much food and they heard her getting sick??  She mentioned the hospitalization on the show, but maybe other girls didn't know.

• Love 1

I think VK is going to have a ROUGH year. 

I don't wish it on her - in my ideal world, she's gone away, grown up some, lost a load of weight, watched the show back and learned a lot of humility. I really really hoped she'd go away and change her diet and attitude - from the looks of things she is going to do a last minute crash diet and she'll end up in the same position all over again. 

What I think will happen is she'll rock up again and make the same mistakes and CMT will juxtapose it with her idiocy last year MULTIPLE times - 50 yard line Kelsey will seem like she got off easy by the end of this season. 

Kelli is going to have to make some comment on what she expects from VK and you KNOW she's going to be "professional" ie dodge the questions and ignore the facts that are staring everyone in the face.

The best thing Kelli could do at judging would be to excuse herself like Judy had to and admit "I was biased last year because I was so eager for her to succeed". 

Would love for skinny-ass Charlotte just to call it at round 1 and say "if she's coming back that heavy it's not going to work out".

I don't think VK is the worst person in the world but she is way too immature for the way DCC is these days - 10 years ago she could have made it but now it's just too brutal. 

Sorry to bang on about Cassie but I feel like compared to VK she gets such a bad rap - she was HUMBLE in the early seasons to the point of being annoyingly mousy. She was a decent dancer and really lean and was definitely dedicated AF to the DCC. I'm not saying I'd want to be her BFF but she had the right attitude. 

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

I think VK is going to have a ROUGH year. 

I don't wish it on her - in my ideal world, she's gone away, grown up some, lost a load of weight, watched the show back and learned a lot of humility. I really really hoped she'd go away and change her diet and attitude - from the looks of things she is going to do a last minute crash diet and she'll end up in the same position all over again. 

What I think will happen is she'll rock up again and make the same mistakes and CMT will juxtapose it with her idiocy last year MULTIPLE times - 50 yard line Kelsey will seem like she got off easy by the end of this season. 

Kelli is going to have to make some comment on what she expects from VK and you KNOW she's going to be "professional" ie dodge the questions and ignore the facts that are staring everyone in the face.

The best thing Kelli could do at judging would be to excuse herself like Judy had to and admit "I was biased last year because I was so eager for her to succeed". 

Would love for skinny-ass Charlotte just to call it at round 1 and say "if she's coming back that heavy it's not going to work out".

I don't think VK is the worst person in the world but she is way too immature for the way DCC is these days - 10 years ago she could have made it but now it's just too brutal. 

Sorry to bang on about Cassie but I feel like compared to VK she gets such a bad rap - she was HUMBLE in the early seasons to the point of being annoyingly mousy. She was a decent dancer and really lean and was definitely dedicated AF to the DCC. I'm not saying I'd want to be her BFF but she had the right attitude. 

Cassie was far from being a model DCC. She was a mean girl. Judy got a girl cut because *gasp* she stood up to Cassie when Cassie was whining about rookies getting more time in front of the camera during the calendar shoot. She also was not doing her rehab after her last knee surgery before her fifth year. I would not be surprised if this was the reason why Judy left the room during finals deliberations because Jay wanted the judges to know about Cassie's knee. I wonder how they would have covered it if a girl was injured because Cassie was not doing her rehab.