Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

Pro Dance Cheer has posted pix of Jennifer's last prep class that you will be able to see all the girls that took the class.  They really need to work on their kicks.  

I know people don’t like Jenn’s choreo, but I think hers are the best prep classes. She focuses on technique and clean moves, which is really important while Michelle Keys is all about power so she comes close second. The rest are kinda all over the place. Plus she’s going through all the parts of the audition process and considering that she uses all the moves the dcc use, if you can nail her choreo you should be fine at tc.

• Love 5

I tried scrolling through all posts, but I really hope Alexandra Pena tries out again. I believe that is her name. She has tried out the last 4 years or so and always makes it to finals; never to training camp. She is the petite girl.with long brown hair...I think they called her a mini JLo. Anyone remember her or know if she will be back? 

Also, the girl who tried out with Alanna last year. Former Laker Girl and was at the Las Vegas concert shooting. Anyone know? 

Really think they are fabulous dancers!!! 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

Does anyone know who the blonde in the teal colored pants and flesh pink sports bra is?

I don't know but she's in a couple of pictures. I have to admit when I saw that first picture of Savannah  (with eyes closed) I thought it was Tristen from the Mavs. They both have red hair and big teeth. I didn't recognize anyone from other teams except there's one who looks like Madi from the AAIA and formerly DSIG. She's wearing a dark gray t-shirt and black shorts but her head is turned so it's hard to tell if it's really her.

Edited by MrsEVH
(edited)
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I don't know but she's in a couple of pictures. I have to admit when I saw that first picture of Savannah  (with eyes closed) I thought it was Tristen from the Mavs. They both have red hair and big teeth. I didn't recognize anyone from other teams except there's one who looks like Madi from the AAIA and formerly DSIG. She's wearing a dark gray t-shirt and black shorts but her head is turned so it's hard to tell if it's really her.

Yes that is Madi, Tiffany, Tessa and Gracie

Edited by 5678Pixie

Is there one place where the 2019 returning vets names are posted - to keep from searching though the whole thread? Isn't the deadline to re-apply for their position coming up soon ?

(edited)
On 5/2/2019 at 6:36 PM, 5678Pixie said:

Pro Dance Cheer has posted pix of Jennifer's last prep class that you will be able to see all the girls that took the class.  They really need to work on their kicks.  

Stupid question, but is Jen not teaching prep classes after that one or am I misunderstanding you when you say Jen's "Last prep class". I am interpreting that as her final class and that shes going somewhere else or something? 

As for VK, god, someone please knock some sense into her mother and then some more into VK. I don't think Cassie was the best dancer but at least she could "dance" (not the best) and Cassie had ALOT more to prove than either VK, Dayton and Meredith (wasn't there someone else whose mother was a DCC and then the daughter cheered in DCC too that I forgot about?) because Judy was (and is still) the DCC choreographer when Cassie auditioned. As for Dayton (Shelly do not take this as an offence) but at least Dayton may not be the best dancer, but it seems Dayton was brought up not to think DCC is all she got. She, Cassie, Sam Finglass and VK (altho was Meredith brought up around DCC when they were younger, the way that the others were? - if that made any sense) may have grew up going to alot of DCC things, squad photos etc, but seems Shelly may work for DCC, taught her more than DCC is the be all end all, unlike VK. I think TK seem to have forgot something (as a parent) if VK thinks DCC is the be all and end all. It seems that Sam Finglass is like Dayton, in that DCC will not be her be all and end all.

Also, looking as some of the swim suit pictures, is Lexie sunburnt or just the camera/photoshopped to look like shes sunburnt?

Guys, Jinelle's Dcc twitter has been changed. So I am assuming they are going to start the retirement announcement on twitter/instagram soon?
Edited by CrazyEve
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Is there one place where the 2019 returning vets names are posted - to keep from searching though the whole thread? Isn't the deadline to re-apply for their position coming up soon ?

29 Returning:

Amy, Heather, Maddie, Tess, Alexis, Christina, Gina, Lauren, Lexie, Miranda, Molly, Rachel A, Savannah, Alanna, Amber, Ashlee, Brennan, Briana, Bridget, Caroline, Cianna, Daphne, Erin, Gabby, Hannah, Jalyn, Madeline, Rachel W and Taylor.

7 Retiring:

Lacey, KaShara, Jessika, Kelli, Khalyn, Tasha, Yuko

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

Stupid question, but is Jen not teaching prep classes after that one or am I misunderstanding you when you say Jen's "Last prep class". I am interpreting that as her final class and that shes going somewhere else or something? 

Last as in her latest or most recent class she taught 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Tootie said:

29 Returning:

Amy, Heather, Maddie, Tess, Alexis, Christina, Gina, Lauren, Lexie, Miranda, Molly, Rachel A, Savannah, Alanna, Amber, Ashlee, Brennan, Briana, Bridget, Caroline, Cianna, Daphne, Erin, Gabby, Hannah, Jalyn, Madeline, Rachel W and Taylor.

7 Retiring:

Lacey, KaShara, Jessika, Kelli, Khalyn, Tasha, Yuko

with only 7 open spots (when 400+ come in the door at prelims) that is going to make for one interesting season ...

• how many veterans get out danced at finals?  .
  • Will a veteran not make weight or pass interview ?
  • Has any veteran been late to an obligation this year ?
  • will a veteran (or two) get cut during training camp ?
  • Has a veteran "misbehaved" during the past season ?
  • Heaven forbid - injury 

Here we go with 45 women vying for 36 spots..

{reserving the option to add to the list after thinking about the reasons a vet was cut during the process in the past x seasons}

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Yes that is Madi, Tiffany, Tessa and Gracie

The girl in the pink (#42) between the others is Kennedye a current DSIG and former TLD.

19 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

The girl in the pink (#42) between the others is Kennedye a current DSIG and former TLD.

The other girl is Lindsey Witt and she has auditioned for DCC

11 hours ago, Jennv said:

Does anyone know who the blonde in the teal colored pants and flesh pink sports bra is?

Is it Kennedy Wright?  kennedyyjo on instagram?

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, KatieC said:

Is it Kennedy Wright? 

Yes that is Kennedy.  She is a great dancer and I think her weight is fine but Kelli will think she should weigh less.  I really wish Kelli and Charlotte wouldn't think the girls need to be so skinny.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Yes that is Kennedy.  She is a great dancer and I think her weight is fine but Kelli will think she should weigh less.  I really wish Kelli and Charlotte wouldn't think the girls need to be so skinny.

She has hips like a Kardashian. That will never fly in Kelli and Charlotte land

• Love 2

I think the rookie class from this year is so strong  (each with different positives to add to the squad)  that they will all be safe. I don't really see any vets who are re-auditioning that appear to be in danger either.  I guess we will just have to wait and see. 

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Is Daphne the one that looked super thin, bordering on emaciated in the calendar shoot?     She might be on the bubble to make it back, if she still looks that thin.     

Yes that was her. 

(edited)
47 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

Have they ever cut a DCC for being too thin/emaciated?

Not since the show started, but I seriously doubt they would unless Kelli and Charlotte think the girl would make the DCC Organization look bad. They took Courtney Cook back  in Season 8, and she was showing signs something was terribly wrong during her finals interview aka taking drugs to keep her weight down and for her anxiety. Kaitlin from Season 8 was allowed to keep her DCC twitter account and was still considered part of the team after having serious health issues from trying to lose weight too fast. She left the squad in late October.

They said they cut Amy C. in Season 7 because she was robotic and her behind, but I think they did not want the fact she was in Urgent Care the night before cameo photo shoot, but I think it was the fact she became ill trying to keep the weight off, and they did not want the news to come out, so they heavily edited out her cut scene to make her look bad.

Edited by bigskygirl
15 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

Have they ever cut a DCC for being too thin/emaciated?

Kelli told Colby she was too thin after uniform fittings, but Kelli absolutely hated Colby, so I am not sure that is a good example to use.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Kelli told Colby she was too thin after uniform fittings, but Kelli absolutely hated Colby, so I am not sure that is a good example to use.

She also told another TCC  Emily (that same season I think) she was too thin.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

They said they cut Amy C. in Season 7 because she was robotic and her behind, but I think they did not want the fact she was in Urgent Care the night before cameo photo shoot, but I think it was the fact she became ill trying to keep the weight off, and they did not want the news to come out, so they heavily edited out her cut scene to make her look bad.

In fairness, by cutting her, they made it more likely that the info would come out, which it did when (her sister, I believe) who was probably pissed about the cut and the portrayal, posted it online. Had they taken Amy, I think there’s a good chance that we never would’ve heard about it. I actually buy that they cut her bc they didn’t like her body and that Kelli found her robotic. Kelli has cut ppl for those types of reasons before, and when Kelli decides that she doesn’t like you no matter the reason or if it’s deserved, your days are likely numbered. 

FWIW, I’m not sure that K&J and Charlotte care nearly as much about girls being considered too thin as others do (I’m speaking generally not regarding the quoted post). Yes, there’s more scrutiny on pro cheerleaders now, but stories about dancers, actresses, models, gymnasts, etc, starving themselves have been out there forever. Now, allegations that the DCCs are not following wage and hour laws or allowing sex harassment to occur from donors, etc is a whole different ballgame, and I think they care about that type of thing very much, but body image stuff...nah, if they cared that much, they wouldn’t have the uniform that they do.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

In fairness, by cutting her, they made it more likely that the info would come out, which it did when (her sister, I believe) who was probably pissed about the cut and the portrayal, posted it online. Had they taken Amy, I think there’s a good chance that we never would’ve heard about it. I actually buy that they cut her bc they didn’t like her body and that Kelli found her robotic. Kelli has cut ppl for those types of reasons before, and when Kelli decides that she doesn’t like you no matter the reason or if it’s deserved, your days are likely numbered. 

FWIW, I’m not sure that K&J and Charlotte care nearly as much about girls being considered too thin as others do (I’m sisal generally not regarding the quoted post). Yes, there’s more scrutiny on pro cheerleaders now, but stories about dancers, actresses, models, gymnasts, etc, starving themselves have been out there forever. Now, allegations that the DCCs are not following wage and hour laws or allowing sex harassment to occur from donors, etc is a whole different ballgame, and I think they care about that type of thing very much, but body image stuff...nah, if they cared that much, they wouldn’t have the uniform that they do.

Hell, I wouldn’t put it past them  to take the girl with the Kardashian ass into camp just do they can harp on her weight and then cut her for drama. 

Edited by Jennv
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

FWIW, I’m not sure that K&J and Charlotte care nearly as much about girls being considered too thin as others do (I’m sisal generally not regarding the quoted post). Yes, there’s more scrutiny on pro cheerleaders now, but stories about dancers, actresses, models, gymnasts, etc, starving themselves have been out there forever. Now, allegations that the DCCs are not following wage and hour laws or allowing sex harassment to occur from donors, etc is a whole different ballgame, and I think they care about that type of thing very much, but body image stuff...nah, if they cared that much, they wouldn’t have the uniform that they do.

My problem is the way they heavily edited her cut scene to make her look robotic, but she was not being robotic because she actually said more than yes ma'm. If they had a problem with her behind, they would have notice it right away. Why bring her into TC if they had a problem with her shape. They made her look bad in order to show the fans and viewers they had a good enough reason to cut her. I secretly hope one day we will have another girl tell them off aka Megan F. scene because I think they deserve it at times.

On 5/2/2019 at 12:07 AM, dccfangirl said:

YES me too. All the dance bits are the best bits to be honest (especially when they're shown in full and not cut with loads of HAIR FLIPS  ugh).

I like when Kitty teaches technique and had time for her feedback prior to this season. In dance. I like her dance feedback her costume/personality feedback can go away! When she's like "UGH YOU'RE A GRANDMA" I'm like ugh you're just being rude. 

I HATE HAIR FLIPS! Probably because I always get my hair stuck in my mouth.

She can be really harsh sometimes and a bit old fashioned but I think she means well. 

More dance shown please, I’d love to see full routines so I can learn them! 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Did anyone else see the routine former DCC Brittany Evans was doing on the DCC Facebook page? Sorry, but I am not impress with it, and she is an audition instructor.

They posted it on twitter, too.

YAWN. Mom moves.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Did anyone else see the routine former DCC Brittany Evans was doing on the DCC Facebook page? Sorry, but I am not impress with it, and she is an audition instructor.

I saw it this morning and my first thought was why are these prep classes so bad.  Stephanie's class last week was bad enough.  The girls pay $40 for these classes they should be getting something better that this.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

My problem is the way they heavily edited her cut scene to make her look robotic, but she was not being robotic because she actually said more than yes ma'm. If they had a problem with her behind, they would have notice it right away. Why bring her into TC if they had a problem with her shape. They made her look bad in order to show the fans and viewers they had a good enough reason to cut her. I secretly hope one day we will have another girl tell them off aka Megan F. scene because I think they deserve it at times.

Remember when Nina (season 6?) Amy's AAIA teammate was cut and Kelli said she had a boring personality?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

In my opinion, I think there will be more than seven spots open. I would not be surprise if at least one vet or one year rookie will be cut.

6 hours ago, Tarode said:

I think the rookie class from this year is so strong  (each with different positives to add to the squad)  that they will all be safe. I don't really see any vets who are re-auditioning that appear to be in danger either.  I guess we will just have to wait and see. 

If the incoming rookie class is as strong as last year's (excluding Victoria), then I wouldn't be surprised if there were some cuts, especially in the 3-year vets, if the girls don't "bring it".  Kelli's probably side-eyeing a few girls as we speak.  Will they be given hints?  Probably.  Will those girls TAKE those hints?  Who knows.  I can still hope that Kelli is feeling enough of a backlash over Victoria being in Training Camp last year that she won't bring Victoria back in and ESPECIALLY won't put her on the team WITHOUT being in Training Camp.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

If the incoming rookie class is as strong as last year's (excluding Victoria), then I wouldn't be surprised if there were some cuts, especially in the 3-year vets, if the girls don't "bring it".  Kelli's probably side-eyeing a few girls as we speak.  Will they be given hints?  Probably.  Will those girls TAKE those hints?  Who knows.  I can still hope that Kelli is feeling enough of a backlash over Victoria being in Training Camp last year that she won't bring Victoria back in and ESPECIALLY won't put her on the team WITHOUT being in Training Camp.

I hope Christina gets cut. She has zero personality, average dance skills, and average looks.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, BringItOn said:

I hope Christina gets cut. She has zero personality, average dance skills, and average looks.

I would love to see her and her new boobs get cut too.  She was lucky to make it and stay this long. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

I guess I could never understand Amy C. sister ranting about the ER visit as Amy would have had months to lose the weight, not overnight. She knew when auditions were. Accept responsibility 

She probably got sick after working on her weight loss for weeks (not over night.) Judy, Kelli and Charlotte saw how she look at finals aka her big behind, but they took her to TC anyway. Plus the fact, the girls are not given months to lose the weight. Katie S. was cut within the first few weeks of TC because they did not like her behind.

Amy's cut scene was heavily edited to make her look bad, so they had an excuse to cut her. They also covered up the real story of what happened with Courtney and Kaitlin. They want the girls to fit in their precious uniforms, but it can come at a price. Courtney and Kaitlin are perfect examples of the damage coming from dangerous methods of weight loss. I mean they took Courtney back after her scary finals interview scene in Season 8, and she was showing signs something was seriously wrong. Judy, Kelli and Charlotte knows what the girls are doing and only step in when they think the truth will damage their reputation.

1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

I guess I could never understand Amy C. sister ranting about the ER visit as Amy would have had months to lose the weight, not overnight. She knew when auditions were. Accept responsibility 

I think Amy was at a good, healthy weight for her when she made Training Camp, but Kelli said something to her about weight (which was never shown, of course) and that's when Amy started working on losing weight she didn't need to lose.  If I remember correctly, she was in a hurry to lose the weight and did it in an unsafe method, which landed her in the hospital.  I wouldn't be surprised if Kelli kept after her to lose the weight (i.e. "You're still x pounds more than other girls your height" and "Why haven't you lost the weight?  I told you on Monday that you have to lose x pounds by Friday", etc.)  Kelli claims to want girls to lose weight in a healthy manner, but doesn't give them a good time frame to do it in. 

For example, she wants girls who come in with double digits to lose (not always veterans) and wants them to lose it in 2 or 3 weeks.  2 pounds a week (maybe 3) would be a healthy amount to lose, but it seems she wants some girls to lose 12 to 15 pounds far more quickly.  The girls with less weight to lose are expected to lose it more quickly and seem to be given less time to do so.  Granted, veterans shouldn't be coming in with weight gain, but Kelli has a distorted vision/idea of how girls gain weight as they leave their teens and how much people should weigh.  Didn't she tell Colby that girls her height (5'9") should weigh around 133?  If I remember what I was taught a while back (and, granted, things might have changed since then), women active in sports should add 5 pounds for every half-inch over 5'0" and those who are "big-boned" (and yes, that is a thing) should add a percentage more due to bone density. 

11 hours ago, BringItOn said:

8 hours ago, KatieC said:

I would love to see her and her new boobs get cut too.  She was lucky to make it and stay this long. 

If there's another strong rookie class, Christina IS one of the obvious girls to get cut.  There are enough upper vets now that they don't NEED to keep the weaker ones unless they want to.  However, I'll wait to see how Finals go.  Every year for the past two years, I've kept expecting Christina to be cut because I don't think she's good enough to be a DCC and every year Kelli surprises me by either putting Christina on the squad or keeping her there.  Wasn't it last year that several of the insiders said that the retired veterans helping at Finals were surprised at how poorly Christina performed during solos (and possibly on the field) and were appalled that she still made it to Training Camp?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

She probably got sick after working on her weight loss for weeks (not over night.) Judy, Kelli and Charlotte saw how she look at finals aka her big behind, but they took her to TC anyway. Plus the fact, the girls are not given months to lose the weight. Katie S. was cut within the first few weeks of TC because they did not like her behind.

Amy's cut scene was heavily edited to make her look bad, so they had an excuse to cut her. They also covered up the real story of what happened with Courtney and Kaitlin. They want the girls to fit in their precious uniforms, but it can come at a price. Courtney and Kaitlin are perfect examples of the damage coming from dangerous methods of weight loss. I mean they took Courtney back after her scary finals interview scene in Season 8, and she was showing signs something was seriously wrong. Judy, Kelli and Charlotte knows what the girls are doing and only step in when they think the truth will damage their reputation.

The fact that they edited Amy's cut scene to make her look incompetent greatly bothers me. Talk about kicking a person when they are already down. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

The fact that they edited Amy's cut scene to make her look incompetent greatly bothers me. Talk about kicking a person when they are already down. 

Not enough likes in the universe. I think Judy, Kelli, Charlotte and CMT should be ashamed of themselves. They were protecting the precious DCC brand at the expense of Amy.

14 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Not enough likes in the universe. I think Judy, Kelli, Charlotte and CMT should be ashamed of themselves. They were protecting the precious DCC brand at the expense of Amy.

Answer is probably upthread somewhere but does anyone know what season and episode features Amy? I now want to re-watch.

8 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Answer is probably upthread somewhere but does anyone know what season and episode features Amy? I now want to re-watch.

Season 7 episode 5 at the end.

Well, I don't think that there is any excuse for a veteran to come into training camp with any weight to lose.  They know the expectations.  Now, I'm not saying that I agree with the DCC weight expectations, but they know this going in.  So, to say that they only have a few weeks to lose it....no, they had the entire off season.   

• Love 8
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Yetta said:

Well, I don't think that there is any excuse for a veteran to come into training camp with any weight to lose.  They know the expectations.  Now, I'm not saying that I agree with the DCC weight expectations, but they know this going in.  So, to say that they only have a few weeks to lose it....no, they had the entire off season.   

I agree, but having the girls who are the same height weigh the same is bordering on the height of stupidity.

Edited by bigskygirl