Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I bet you that Christina sought assurances from Kelli that her boob job wouldn't impact the contractual requirement that she maintain her audition weight given that those honkers would add a few pounds.  

I tell my husband fake boobs always look like someone just licked' em and sticked 'em. They just sit there on the chest; no softness, no slight droop. You can tell they're fake.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

i wish victoria would do a year or two on another squad, get some experience and maturity before trying out for DCC again. 

Why would you want to punish another squad like that 😉

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, KickPretty said:

Both are too skinny!  And the camera adds 10lbs.  Eat something, geez!

I think the bathing suits pictured are atrocious on these girls.  I don't understand what Judy/KF are doing when they get swimsuits for these girls.  The tops have more fabric than the bottoms.  But seriously, the DCC can well afford to have suits that are custom made for the girls body types.  

I did look at the facebook pics and there were some better fitting/flattering to the body type suits. 

• Love 1

Victoria, even to my amateur eyes, was all over the place, slid from one move to the next, no pop, no precision, no control.    Also, either everyone around her was either behind or after the beat, or she was off kilter on that too.    

The suits are all donated by the companies, so Judy picks them for each girl, but they will never be custom.   They have a lot of suits when they're on the racks (they usually show the full racks), but since a lot of lines all seem to be the same thing, they all like alike.     

Christina went way too big with the new boobs.     From watching years of that plastic surgery show in Beverly Hills, they anchor the implants to the chest wall, so they don't move much, and they start out higher, and should lower a little after healing.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

You mean like the modeling opportunities Kalyssa got.

Helicopter mother trying to live her former DCC glory years through her daughter.

TK could be worse ... e.g. Lori Loughlin 😉

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Kelli didn’t make them get a boob job 

IIRC Kelli also said in one episode that surgery isn't necessary, as they have other ways of making mountains out of molehills. I don't think she encourages any of these women to get breast enhancement. She chooses plenty of small busted women for the team.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Corky10 said:

Why would you want to punish another squad like that 😉

haha i guess i don't think Vic is THAT bad.  she's just immature - like others have said, she has had glitter blown up her tush her whole life and always been a sOloIsT.  I think she'd benefit from being on a squad with a leader who gave tough love and where she had a year of following rules and working with a group.  is it weird that i wish i could mentor her LOL i don't know why i have a soft spot for her guys!!! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

haha i guess i don't think Vic is THAT bad.  she's just immature - like others have said, she has had glitter blown up her tush her whole life and always been a sOloIsT.  I think she'd benefit from being on a squad with a leader who gave tough love and where she had a year of following rules and working with a group.  is it weird that i wish i could mentor her LOL i don't know why i have a soft spot for her guys!!! 

Like I said above, it's probably cause the people who are supposed to help her, support her, etc don't.  And the social media crowd just "blows glitter up her tush."  I am so stealing that:)

• Love 7
On 4/8/2019 at 11:00 AM, MrsEVH said:

Kelli always expects them to bring their "A" game to finals. Anything like gaining weight,  a bad interview, a bad solo, messing up the kickline, not knowing the routines can be a deal breaker.  We've seen returning vets get cut for all of those things.

We have also seems Vets make it back despite major errors in any of those categories. Jessika's horrible interview stands out from last season---even with that, she made it back. 

• Love 4

So after watching the podcast today, which was filmed/taped during swimsuit try-ons - I don't think anyone is going to have a weight issue. Everyone I saw looked fantastic.

I don't understand why every suit that I saw was either a thong or close to it though?! Then again, if you've got it, flaunt it!

• Love 7
13 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

With her blow off and nasty attitude towards Jinelle last year who offered to help her with weight last year, I can only imagine her saying to you she doesn't need your help, that Kitty and Mommy give her all the help she needs.

Edited by JerseyGirl
typos
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:
On 4/8/2019 at 11:00 AM, MrsEVH said:

Kelli always expects them to bring their "A" game to finals. Anything like gaining weight,  a bad interview, a bad solo, messing up the kickline, not knowing the routines can be a deal breaker.  We've seen returning vets get cut for all of those things.

We have also seems Vets make it back despite major errors in any of those categories.

Makes you wonder why they say yes to some and no to others.  Caila (bad interview & weight) and Heather H (going the wrong way on the kickline) come to mind.

10 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

is it weird that i wish i could mentor her LOL i don't know why i have a soft spot for her guys!!! 

You are so freaking cute! 🙂

11 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I don't think she encourages any of these women to get breast enhancement.

I don't either.  I just hope Christina got her enhancements for herself & not DCC or some guy...which I fear, since her bf is Mandy's ex and she had some out of control implants.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

With her blow off and nasty attitude towards Jinelle last year, offering to helpher with weight last year, I only imagine her saying to you she doesn't need your help, that Kitty and Mommy give her all the help she needs.

Most of the girls on DCC aren't 19. They are in their mid-20s. They are long past her immature behavior and won't really have the patience to put up with it. I feel for the girls that have to be on the team with her. I don't think she will make a good teammate (and that is supposed to be one of the major things they look at).

• Love 7

I just hope we get no Melissa the Mentor counseling scenes with Victoria because none of us deserve that type of torture. I bet dollars to donuts Tina would want to be in the scene(s) also. The type of thing nightmares are made of.

13 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Like I said above, it's probably cause the people who are supposed to help her, support her, etc don't.  And the social media crowd just "blows glitter up her tush."  I am so stealing that:)

SAME.

14 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I’m sorry, but do you honestly think that her only issue is her behavior? For one, lying and treating her boss and Jinelle the way she did would be enough to ban her fron any other team. And I don’t see how a good mentor could help her improve her technique, stop dancing heavy and spastic, stay on her space etc. She has been preparing for three years; this is as good as it gets.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’m sorry, but do you honestly think that her only issue is her behavior? For one, lying and treating her boss and Jinelle the way she did would be enough to ban her fron any other team. And I don’t see how a good mentor could help her improve her technique, stop dancing heavy and spastic, stay on her space etc. She has been preparing for three years; this is as good as it gets.

i think she has a lot of issues that largely stem from immaturity and being coddled.  And I'm not talking about being a DCC mentor.  wishful thinking though i'm sure since i know at least Jennifer tried to talk to her about 'locker room behavior' and listening instead of always speaking up, etc.  And hey, maybe she needs to get kicked off a team for behavior to have it click.  

Who was her boot buddy? 

• Love 4
(edited)

I have very mixed feelings about VK. I don't think she's the worst and I don't think she's the best, as a human being or as a dancer.

My impression is that she's young and immature and probably a bit spoiled, and she eff-ed up for sure with Jinelle, but I don't harbor or even understand the intense levels of dislike here, which often read as outright hatred of her as a person. (I know criticism isn't the same as hatred, but I'm getting some straight vitriolic vibes off of some of these posts. It goes beyond not liking her looks or her dance ability.)

I can't help but feel for Victoria. I shudder to contemplate my screw ups at that age being televised. I think of what it would be like to have that snapshot of my life interpreted as a reflection of my entire character, and every breath thereafter interpreted as further evidence of what a horrible person I am. Yes, yes, I know, she signed up to be a public figure. It still sucks to be on the receiving end of it. And it sucks that it started years before she ever auditioned.

I have no idea whether she is a complete brat in real life, but it makes me uncomfortable how one-sided the discussion is. She's a teenager, possibly a Mean Girl, but is she a villain? It prods at my sense of unfairness, and makes me want to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I have very mixed feelings about VK. I don't think she's the worst and I don't think she's the best, as a human being or as a dancer.

My impression is that she's young and immature and probably a bit spoiled, and she eff-ed up for sure with Jinelle, but I don't harbor or even understand the intense levels of dislike here, which often read as outright hatred of her as a person. (I know criticism isn't the same as hatred, but I'm getting some straight vitriolic vibes off of some of these posts. It goes beyond not liking her looks or her dance ability.)

I can't help but feel for Victoria. I shudder to contemplate my screw ups at that age being televised. I think of what it would be like to have that snapshot of my life interpreted as a reflection of my entire character, and every breath thereafter interpreted as further evidence of what a horrible person I am. Yes, yes, I know, she signed up to be a public figure. It still sucks to be on the receiving end of it. And it sucks that it started years before she ever auditioned.

I have no idea whether she is a complete brat in real life, but it makes me uncomfortable how one-sided the discussion is. She's a teenager, possibly a Mean Girl, but is she a villain? It prods at my sense of unfairness, and makes me want to give her the benefit of the doubt.

It is that same sense of unfairness that makes people hate on her. It is unfair that someone with her dance and behavior issues is going to make the team, over more deserving people, when anyone else would get sent home and told not to come back

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Jennv said:

It is that same sense of unfairness that makes people hate on her. It is unfair that someone with her dance and behavior issues is going to make the team, over more deserving people, when anyone else would get sent home and told not to come back

AMEN.

May I add ... Kelli's favoritism, Kitty's campaigning, VK's poor treatment towards Jinelle, VK's pouting after not making show group (sense of entitlement) and VK's overall disrespect of the entire process of MTT. Anyone else would get sent home and told not to come back.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Jennv said:

TRUTH.

• Love 6

VK is not just what you saw televised (which was bad enough).  She's definitely a "mean girl" who stirred up a lot of drama.  I'm sure many of the vets are already stressed about the prospect of having her in training camp again.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

I see exactly what you are saying. The Vickster is not a bad person. She is beautiful, well off, sheltered, naive, had smoke blown up her ass for years, never ever had to face a struggle in her life. Loud, immature, needs to grow up and tone it down, but she is not Darth Vader. 

Is she good enough for DCC. OH HELLZ NO! Wil she ever be? Who knows.

I do think though that she is getting to be the whipping boy for the show actually revealing how unfair and biased the whole process is. It is NEVER been fair and never will be. It is what it is, and VK did not create the process, she just brought it to a lot of eyes. Don't kill the messenger no matter how obnoxious she is. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, UnicornKicks said:

The Vickster is not a bad person.

Well.....not completely true. She is snotty to the girls that attend prep classes, shows off, acts "better than you" to them.

The interesting thing is here is that she doesn't have to "prove" herself in the Dallas pro sport dance world. When a girl auditions for DCC, they call the other teams she has been on and ask about her. Was she a good teammate, did she show up on time, did participate in activities "off the field". Same is true if you were on a college dance team. If you were a Rangerette, they call the director and ask about the girl. VK gets to avoid all this.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Calling it now ... The DRAMA is not going to end once VK (and TK) is on the team. Good luck with that shit show K, J, C, & DCC. They (K, J, & C) made their beds.

I would say more on K and C. Judy is probably thinking oh crap here we go again. Of course I do remember her defending Cassie a lot, and Cassie did get away with some things other girls would have been cut for. CMT is probably thinking ratings and money when it comes to Victoria being on the team. Not the brightest move on the organization front.

On 4/11/2019 at 2:37 PM, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

I stand by Gina looking terrible. She can’t be more than 100lbs and that’s not her natural body.  Being skeletal ages a person, too. 

I don’t comment much but I totally agree. I have never been a big Gina fan but I always thought she had a cute, fit figure. This is downright SCAREY. She looks like she’s starved herself. It makes me wonder if Kelli and Judi really yelled at them to get skinny for the calendar.

Christina definitely got some new boobs. She’s always been thin but she does not look as frightening to me as Gina, who looks like she could pass out at any minute. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I don’t comment much but I totally agree. I have never been a big Gina fan but I always thought she had a cute, fit figure. This is downright SCAREY. She looks like she’s starved herself. It makes me wonder if Kelli and Judi really yelled at them to get skinny for the calendar.

Christina definitely got some new boobs. She’s always been thin but she does not look as frightening to me as Gina, who looks like she could pass out at any minute. 

So sad. Gina looked really good at last year's shoot.

• Love 1
On 4/10/2019 at 9:23 PM, heckkitty said:

Do they TRY to find the least flattering pictures of Hannah ever? Her thigh looks bigger than her waist, & her hair has a big chunk out of it like it was cut by a 6-year-old. 

I wonder exactly the same!!  Her profile pic was hideous (sorry Hannah-you're not) ~ it still pisses me off!!! There had to be something else, a different pose, something other than the pic they chose for her !!  She has such a sweet, warm smile and she has such a simple  beauty (and I mean that as an absolute compliment), 

• Love 2
On 4/9/2019 at 12:25 PM, bigskygirl said:

I was secretly hoping Melena would tell off Kelli and Judy in her cut scene like Megan F. did.

She seemed so timid she would never speak her mind like that.

1 hour ago, KoKo said:

I wonder exactly the same!!  Her profile pic was hideous (sorry Hannah-you're not) ~ it still pisses me off!!! There had to be something else, a different pose, something other than the pic they chose for her !!  She has such a sweet, warm smile and she has such a simple  beauty (and I mean that as an absolute compliment), 

I think Hannah is beautiful but not as photogenic as other girls.  I love, love, love her story!

Edited by MssdDrms
  • Love 3
On 4/11/2019 at 1:20 AM, KickPretty said:

Both are too skinny!  And the camera adds 10lbs.  Eat something, geez!

Ick!!  They look anorexic!  Not a good look!  Why can’t Christina just retire?? Why??? 

• Love 1

Someone needs to tell Courtney to cross her legs during a podcast especially if she is going to wear a dress because during the swimsuit fittings podcast I swear I was coming close to seeing some of her cash and prizes if you catch my drift.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Someone needs to tell Courtney to cross her legs during a podcast especially if she is going to wear a dress because during the swimsuit fittings podcast I swear I was coming close to seeing some of her cash and prizes if you catch my drift.

OMG!!!  I thought the same thing.  I wonder if she was expecting the setup that they had.  

I like the way they did this though, interviewing several of the girls.  Maybe, they could do this during other things so it doesn't seem like they are scrambling for questions to fill up an hour.  When it's the first time the DCC is on the show, it's different, but when Miranda is telling us for the 3rd time, I think it is, that you feel like a rookie during camp even though you are a veteran, it's time to do something different.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Thank you!  I was thinking the same thing.  Honestly she should have been wearing pants.  Also, I just finished listening.  I think Courtney is actually "trying" to do better but she is so unpolished as an interviewer.  You would think by now she would have improved.  Her tone of voice during the intro and send off to commercial is irritating.  I lost count how many times she made a point of saying she is going to Mexico too and why didn't Judy get her a bag...ugh!  Still unprepared.  Stumbling over her words, not knowing what questions to ask.  Curious, what is her actual job?  I love listening to the podcasts.  I just wish someone would host that actually sounds like a host.  Rant over.  Thank you for listening.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, J-R said:

Thank you!  I was thinking the same thing.  Honestly she should have been wearing pants.  Also, I just finished listening.  I think Courtney is actually "trying" to do better but she is so unpolished as an interviewer.  You would think by now she would have improved.  Her tone of voice during the intro and send off to commercial is irritating.  I lost count how many times she made a point of saying she is going to Mexico too and why didn't Judy get her a bag...ugh!  Still unprepared.  Stumbling over her words, not knowing what questions to ask.  Curious, what is her actual job?  I love listening to the podcasts.  I just wish someone would host that actually sounds like a host.  Rant over.  Thank you for listening.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/courtney-mckenna-37728a8b

She has experience, however, I don't think she should be interviewing "friends" cause she loses all professionalism.  

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 4