Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

Season 8 had 32 vets trying out again with only seven spots opened since the team was at 39 girls. Three one year girls were cut at finals, Courtney left before TC started, and Chelsea was cut during TC. If no cuts were made, and Courtney stayed, there were only would have been seven new girls. I just hope we do not get another Morgan on the squad because I do not want to see a struggler who in my opinion, should not have made the team and be the main focus on the show. I also hope we do not another Kaitlin L. who ends up struggling with her weight and took dangerous methods to get the weight off and ends up leaving the squad. Of course, we will have Victoria which will be bad enough.

(edited)
6 hours ago, Jennv said:

Kelli seemed more determined to get Malena on the team last year than VK. Unless the whole cut meltdown turned her off, I expect Kelli to push for her again

There are few that I really cannot stand watching and Melena is one of them. I like watching VK more than her.  I was really hoping she would not try out again. 

Edited by KatieC
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, KatieC said:

There are few that I really cannot stand watching but Melena is one of them. I like watching VK more than her.  I was really hoping she would not try out again. 

I was secretly hoping Melena would tell off Kelli and Judy in her cut scene like Megan F. did.

21 hours ago, go4luca said:

Caroline has quite a booty pop on her as well.  Wish I could find a snippet of the video but it was shown during TC.  That's when she first caught my eye.  Then when I saw how photogenic she is I realized how under the radar she had flown.  Remember when the team was announced and many of us were saying "who's Caroline?!".  Now look at her.  ROTY!  I'm thrilled for her and curious to see how her next season goes.

I'm very intrigued and looking forward to "paying more attention" to Caroline through the auditions and tc.   I was absolutely one that said "who's Caroline?!" I'll stand behind my first impression of her, BUT I'm someone who's always willing to acknowledge another who flew under the radar and happily be proven wrong !!  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

It is definitely going to be interesting seeing who makes the cut this year.  You bring up a very valid point about the squad's diversity (or lack thereof).  Malena is pretty and did well in interviews re: football knowledge.  But her emotions appear to be a huge risk and from the videos we've seen, her dance technique doesn't show improvement.

I liked Lily and hope she returns strong so she has a good shot at making the team.  Not sure how it will shake out though especially with VK re-auditioning.  As @Jess14 pointed out, the team needs more diversity so there may only be a certain few slots avail for blue eyed blondes.  But it all depends on how strong the new crop of auditioning girls is and which current vets are in danger of being cut.  Definitely tighter competition than we've seen in recent years.

Everything you just said! 🙂

• Love 1
On 4/8/2019 at 9:57 AM, JerseyGirl said:

So true.  If a vet is cut, most likely it is so VK can fill the spot.  There is NO WAY that VK is a top 7 performer out of what, 400 last year Kelli?  Puhleease, don't pull that shit this season.

I don't think I can handle another season of DCC ... errr ... VKMTT.  If she is put on the show, please Kelli, Judi and/or CMT make it a quiet entrance because I swear I will throw a fit.  VK is not DCC material and has no background in other performance jobs  in dance or media.  VK, go to school, be a pom girl, get an internship in media, do something!

On that note, I also hope that Kitty keeps quiet this year, I will throw another fit if I have to hear her say again this year that VK deserves a spot.

UGH! I don't think I can handle anymore Kitty, period.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

UGH! I don't think I can handle anymore Kitty, period.

This. Kitty is a bully, plain and simple. She has no appropriate feedback and I hate her segments. I'd cut the Kitty final solo thing in favor of more solo features.

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Miss Kitty did not bug me too much until last season and her Victoria should make the team crap.

While It didn’t raise to the level of her VK love, she was pretty partial to Morgan as well. It was clear that they had some sort of personal connection.

I don’t have a problem with Kitty favoring certain girls who she knows and hoping that they make it. She’s human, but if you’re brand is that you’re the hard-nosed, “tell it like it is,” tough coach, then you need to live up to that. She should’ve been harder on VK than others based on the persona that she’s put out in the past. Instead, she just looked phony by openly suggesting that VK deserved special treatment. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

While It didn’t raise to the level of her VK love, she was pretty partial to Morgan as well. It was clear that they had some sort of personal connection.

I don’t have a problem with Kitty favoring certain girls who she knows and hoping that they make it. She’s human, but if you’re brand is that you’re the hard-nosed, “tell it like it is,” tough coach, then you need to live up to that. She should’ve been harder on VK than others based on the persona that she’s put out in the past. Instead, she just looked phony by openly suggesting that VK deserved special treatment. 

That is exactly my issue with Kitty. If you're going to be rude with your feedback, then be rude to everyone. When you've built your reputations for 15 seasons as being the technical coach that does not pull any punches, then the sudden declaration that a candidate "deserves a chance" is a blatant sign of favoritism.

• Love 14
(edited)

A guy auditioned for Chiefs and got cut. Another guy auditioned for the Patriots and made the team. Looks like every team is going to have dudes show up for tryouts this year. (EDIT: There were actually 2 guys that made it to pats bootcamp. Only one was chosen)

At this point I'd be surprised if only that one guy Len Jackson (aka turningtrickssince96) shows up to DCC auditions. I'd like to see what they'd do if 3-4 of them are there. You'd think the media would have to cover it, but IIRC, there wasn't much media coverage at all last year. I remember thinking that was pretty weird at the time. You can usually count at least on dfw.com.

On a related note, he also has a side business jazzing up dance costumes.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 7

I don’t post often so I can’t figure how to quote. I agree with sleepyjean. I love Turningtricks dance ability and hope he will find a pro dance team that will embrace him. Meanwhile, I also hope he tries out again for DCC and gets a seat on the front row so we can see how they struggle to keep him out of the camera shots. 

• Love 7
On 4/8/2019 at 2:42 PM, go4luca said:

Caroline has quite a booty pop on her as well.  Wish I could find a snippet of the video but it was shown during TC.  That's when she first caught my eye.  Then when I saw how photogenic she is I realized how under the radar she had flown.  Remember when the team was announced and many of us were saying "who's Caroline?!".  Now look at her.  ROTY!  I'm thrilled for her and curious to see how her next season goes.

So happy for Caroline! In fact, so excited for all the former ROTY! I will definitely miss Kashara, and wish her all the best in her future adventures and can't wait to see what Caroline, Savannah and Heather do this year!!! Yay for ROTY's!!!

IMG_6277.jpg

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Ms. SW said:

I don’t post often so I can’t figure how to quote. I agree with sleepyjean. I love Turningtricks dance ability and hope he will find a pro dance team that will embrace him. Meanwhile, I also hope he tries out again for DCC and gets a seat on the front row so we can see how they struggle to keep him out of the camera shots. 

Agreed. My secret hope is that a whole bunch of guys try out and sit in completely different areas so that CMT HAS to film a least some of them. 

I would also love to hear Kelli and Judy explain their way out of accepting men on the team..."Sorry, we only believe in treating women as sex objects...I mean *cough* it's about image...and maybe at some point...not now...maybe in 2045" 

With guys on the team we wouldn't be treated to the supremely awkward chest enhancing shirt tying scenes curtesy of Kelli, but maybe she will branch out and figure out an adorable "crotch-enhancing" knot for their shorts! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Acromantula said:

Agreed. My secret hope is that a whole bunch of guys try out and sit in completely different areas so that CMT HAS to film a least some of them. 

I would also love to hear Kelli and Judy explain their way out of accepting men on the team..."Sorry, we only believe in treating women as sex objects...I mean *cough* it's about image...and maybe at some point...not now...maybe in 2045" 

With guys on the team we wouldn't be treated to the supremely awkward chest enhancing shirt tying scenes curtesy of Kelli, but maybe she will branch out and figure out an adorable "crotch-enhancing" knot for their shorts! 

Crotch-enhancing knot! I just snorted my drink, lol. Kelli - “Is this all natural or have you had work done?” Or “Make sure you wear the right supportive undergarment!”

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

The Buccaneers Cheerleaders also have their first guy on the squad. It does seem like all the squads are embracing it. If they aren't actually selected there are some that are making it all the way to finals. 

I don't see Kelli and Charlotte ever letting it happen. Especially with the DCRB as an option. But dang if he isn't more talented than some of the girls already on the squad, and is so supportive. I wish he could get a true chance to make it

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Yetta said:

Those guys dance very well, but I don't want a male DCC.   I just don't.  

Me neither. That guy is amazing and so talented. Feature him in special performances like Halloween, or put on a co-ed team. Just bc he can outdance the whole squad don't mean he should. It would not look uniform to me. Unless whole team is co-ed he will stick out too much and distract from the whole look. More power to him for trying, and go for your dreams if it's in your heart, but I don't think myself that DCC is the best fit. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Me neither. That guy is amazing and so talented. Feature him in special performances like Halloween, or put on a co-ed team. Just bc he can outdance the whole squad don't mean he should. It would not look uniform to me. Unless whole team is co-ed he will stick out too much and distract from the whole look. More power to him for trying, and go for your dreams if it's in your heart, but I don't think myself that DCC is the best fit. 

Agreed. I think the nuance that is sometimes missing is that the Cowboys do have a performance opportunity for him-DCRB. In fact, he has tried out a couple times for it and did not make it. No other team in the NFL has a co-ed team like DCRB, so I don't believe it's comparing apples to apples when trying to say the other teams are being more inclusive these days. Just my two cents.

• Love 10

Gina and Christina look fab! They’re posting pictures of them getting ready for their calendar shoot. 

Also I see that Christina got her breast’s done and I’m a little jealous because, to me, they look awesome lol 

Edited by TUOwl84
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Acromantula said:

They would just use the locker room setup as an excuse. No place for them to get dressed, no place for them to hang out . . .

I’m sorry, but why would DCC become co-ed? They already have DCRB and quite frankly, they would have to changed everything about the team to allow a man. If they didn’t have a co-ed group already I would agree with turning DCC into a co-ed dance team, but now? Just leave the dccs alone.

• Love 7

I'm not asking them to change the team.  I  just wish they would acknowledge him.  Show a snippet of his dancing at pre-lims.  He seems like a really nice guy who's super supportive of the girls auditioning.

• Love 16
28 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

IMG_2097.PNG

I think Christina looks fine. She just seems to be the type who is naturally stick thin and has always been tiny. Gina on the other hand....could stand to gain some weight. She looks too thin IMO.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

They would just use the locker room setup as an excuse. No place for them to get dressed, no place for them to hang out . . .

Nah if he's hired they have to create a space somewhere legally. But he won't be. This is a dance job and you can legally discriminate based on appearance, sex, etc. 

2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Gina and Christina look fab! They’re posting pictures of them getting ready for their calendar shoot. 

Also I see that Christina got her breast’s done and I’m a little jealous because, to me, they look awesome lol 

Christina didn’t have much before going by the pic she posted from last year. She does look good. I’m sure this helps her chance at getting a cover.   If only it would help her dancing. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’m sorry, but why would DCC become co-ed? They already have DCRB and quite frankly, they would have to changed everything about the team to allow a man. If they didn’t have a co-ed group already I would agree with turning DCC into a co-ed dance team, but now? Just leave the dccs alone.

I suppose you could argue that "separate but equal" isn't truly equal. The DCC have access to opportunities, compensation, perks, and benefits that the R&B do not have. Which isn't to say the R&B are some kind of JV squad, but the DCC are the BMOC and everyone knows that.

I agree that they would have to change a LOT, but other teams have done so. The DCC could do it too, but I'm sure they don't want to. We know how the DCC are about their traditions and how special and unique everything they do is. We know they'd hate the idea of following in other teams' footsteps in any way. 

One thing they would definitely have to modify is their choreography. The women look silly enough doing "sexy hips." A man would look ridiculous. And I really do not want to contemplate any man doing jump splits. I know they wouldn't just slam down on the twig and berries, but just the thought of it makes me cringe.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

I'm not asking them to change the team.  I  just wish they would acknowledge him.  Show a snippet of his dancing at pre-lims.  He seems like a really nice guy who's super supportive of the girls auditioning.

Exactly! Whether or not anyone thinks this guy deserves a place on the team, the fact that MTT completely ignores his existence is a disappointment to me. I would much rather see a snippet of his journey on my tv screen over another Melissa-the-Mentor segment (or the 814th shot of VK in a single episode).

• Love 12

I don't think  Gina's sister is going to try out for DCC. On IG i saw that for Sibling day, Gina posted a pic of her and her sis and put on the picture how much she was going to miss having her sister in TX next year. 

I guess we wait and see.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Tarode said:

I don't think  Gina's sister is going to try out for DCC. On IG i saw that for Sibling day, Gina posted a pic of her and her sis and put on the picture how much she was going to miss having her sister in TX next year. 

I guess we wait and see.

I saw that too & think you are correct.

ginaa_mariaaa_10_4_2019_sis copy.jpg

28 minutes ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Gina looks like she has a food issue.  That’s scary. 

Agree.  Whatever she's doing she needs to back off.  She's looking über scary. 

too thin.jpg

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

IMG_2097.PNG

Oh dear God in heaven I despise that scrawny with overinflated hard globes look. Looks so fake and HARD. Why do they go overboard and not look balanced. This is so ugly to me. 

Also never been a whiny Christian fan so all I'll say is she looks desperate. Ugh why won't she retire or they cut her.

Gina can dance her ass off, but dang she looks past fit, past buff and like she has an eating disorder. Never heard anything that she does, but she is way too scrawny. I swear if they have her and Maddie in triangle they're going to look awful with Maddie looking too big a lot and Gina looking like she escaped from Russian prison camp. Not even going to talk about faces this time.

No offense to Heather, but Judy just skip these vets and give us a Daphne, Bridget, Rachel W. triangle. 

• Love 9

I think Gina looks great. She’s just a naturally tiny/muscular figure. When you are the tight and fit and move around ribs show a bit. If she was 5 pounds heavier everyone would say she’s on weight watch. I think women have different types of bodies. Her arms don’t look scary too me. If her arms were frail then I would be scared and think food was an issue 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

IMG_2105.jpg

Do they TRY to find the least flattering pictures of Hannah ever? Her thigh looks bigger than her waist, & her hair has a big chunk out of it like it was cut by a 6-year-old. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, heckkitty said:

Do they TRY to find the least flattering pictures of Hannah ever? Her thigh looks bigger than her waist, & her hair has a big chunk out of it like it was cut by a 6-year-old. 

You are talking about the people who posted that pic of Savannah last year:/

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

You are talking about the people who posted that pic of Savannah last year:/

Oh right. I blocked that horror out of my memory. 

Now I'm gonna have nightmares. 

Edited by heckkitty
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

OMG she does NOT look like taht IRL. She is a lean machine and gorgeous. Why would anybody post that? I blame JInelle bc she didn't act like much of a Hannah fan on that one podcast. 

Seriously though she does not look big AT ALL or harsh in person. Now Rachel W does have longer torso and bigger, shorter legs in person, but not out of proportion or anything. 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Oh dear God in heaven I despise that scrawny with overinflated hard globes look. Looks so fake and HARD. Why do they go overboard and not look balanced. This is so ugly to me. 

Also never been a whiny Christian fan so all I'll say is she looks desperate. Ugh why won't she retire or they cut her.

Gina can dance her ass off, but dang she looks past fit, past buff and like she has an eating disorder. Never heard anything that she does, but she is way too scrawny. I swear if they have her and Maddie in triangle they're going to look awful with Maddie looking too big a lot and Gina looking like she escaped from Russian prison camp. Not even going to talk about faces this time.

No offense to Heather, but Judy just skip these vets and give us a Daphne, Bridget, Rachel W. triangle. 

The big fake tits just look trashy, IMO. They're so obviously fake (especially on someone that thin) and always look bolted way too high on the chest.

I can certainly understand why someone flat-chested would want breast implants, I just don't get why they skip over, say, a nice c-cup and head straight for porn star territory.

• Love 10
48 minutes ago, aubshart said:

I think Gina looks great. She’s just a naturally tiny/muscular figure. When you are the tight and fit and move around ribs show a bit. If she was 5 pounds heavier everyone would say she’s on weight watch. I think women have different types of bodies. Her arms don’t look scary too me. If her arms were frail then I would be scared and think food was an issue 

I get what you're saying about people being critical of these girls' sizes no matter what, but when it comes to Gina, she looked like she was at least 5 pounds heavier her rookie season, and I don't remember her weight ever being issue. Some people don't like her smile, some people don't like her attitude, and some people think her dance is distracting (personally, I think she's hands down the best vet dancer on the team and it's not even close). However, I don't recall her weight being a topic of discussion until recently. That doesn't mean it wasn't, but I don't remember it. 

This is from her rookie season. There is a clear difference IMO, and she was already fit then. I'm not suggesting she's anorexic by any means, but I don't think people are being unreasonable by commenting on how thin she looks. 

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I get what you're saying about people being critical of these girls' sizes no matter what, but when it comes to Gina, she looked like she was at least 5 pounds heavier her rookie season, and I don't remember her weight ever being issue.

This is from her rookie season. There is a clear difference IMO, and she was already fit then. I'm not suggesting she's anorexic by any means, but I don't think people are being unreasonable by commenting on how thin she looks. 

Exactly.  Gina had a lean toned figure to begin with.  All she needed to do was maintain it.  Not go to the extreme she has now.  She looked great in her audition costume from finals.

icannotknow_10_4_2019_20_24_55_639.jpg

Edited by go4luca
added picture
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

You said it!

• Love 1