Type keyword(s) to search

LMAO!: Hilarious Movie Moments

• Start Topic

when Cartman pulls out the megaphone and asks "How would you like to suck my balls Mr. Garrison?"

Oh God!  The South Park Movie is one of the great pieces of cinematic comedy there ever was!  I love this scene too and what makes it for me is Cartman's deadpan stare at Mr. Garrison while Mr. Garrison just GAPES at him.  Sooo funny.

Uncle Fucka and Blame Canada get the bulk of the deserved praise as comedy songs but What Would Brian Boitano Do? makes me laugh even harder.  It's so random but I love the increasingly crazy things that Brian Boitano has apparently done and the fact that this is what kicks their asses in gear to save Terrance and Phillip. 

• Love 5

Porky's is hilarious and I'm pretty sure I also watched it at a very inappropriate age!

Most of my favourites have been mentioned - Office Space hasn't been though.  I only saw it on the (very strong) recommendation of a friend, and all I can say if you haven't seen it and work in a soul-destroying desk job with a boss who makes you want to put a fist through the nearest wall - you should.  Gary Cole's turn as the evil boss is absolutely sublime.  There aren't that many clips of it on YouTube by the looks, but it's the sort of thing that works better as a whole, as recurring themes come up again and again.

Also not (yet) mentioned is Monty Python's Life of Brian.  Famously banned upon release, it's just brilliant stuff from the Shirley Bassey-like opening song to the famous ending of "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life".  This is the opening scene after the credits (which, incidentally clearly establishes Brian as not being Jesus as the characters are listening to Jesus giving the Sermon on the Mount!) and it sets the tone for the whole film.

• Love 2

I just caught Harold and Kumar and got to the scene where they're at the hospital dressed up like surgeons and they tell a surgeon played by Ryan Reynolds to get some marijuana before going into surgery and Ryan Reynolds' response is:

"Marijuana?....but why?"

Really makes me laugh whenever i see it.

The weird combo homage of the dancing WB frog and the chest-bursting alien from Spaceballs never fails to crack me up.

I loved that they got John Hurt to reprise his role!

The movie Ready to Rumble was completely ridiculous in a way that really appealed to me. But the scene that had me gasping for breath was when two wrestler goons who go to rough up Martin Landau's character get surprised by the latter popping out of a trap door and beating the crap out of them. "Sal Bandini! Wanna wrestle?"

• Love 1

I was just watching Alien Nation with James Caan and Mandy Patinkin as his "Newcomer" partner . Det Sykes (Caan) and Francisco (Patinkin) are examining a suspects personal effects at the counter and Det. Sykes is explaining to Francisco how a condom works. He says "Well, it stretches" . Francisco answers "And it still fits?" The facial reaction of the girl behind the counter are priceless. she just kind of looks up from her typing at Caan. I wish I could find a video.

(edited)

Anything that came out of Rick Moranis's character Louis Tully from the first Ghostbusters always made me laugh. When Harold Ramis passed away , I dug out my dvd copy and watched the movie listening to Ramis' commentary. Hearing Ramis break up with laughter over the party scene when Louis introduces his guests was great: "Ted and Annette! Ted owns a small dry cleaning business..". It made me love that scene even more because it was all on Moranis coming up with material and suprising Ramis.

Edited by AstaCharles
  • Love 5

There are a lot of funny parts in The Lego Movie.

Ones that stick out is when the Millennium Falcon appears and Batman says, "Oh are you kidding me!?" 

When Vitruvius appears as a ghost and ends his message with "Whooo!"

Emmet stepping out for a second without his clothes.

Unikitty's scenes.

• Love 1

Too many parts to count in Guardians of the Galaxy, but I'll go with "I'm distracting you, you big turd blossom!"  And everything with Rocket.

Star-Lord: "Filthy?  She has no idea.  If we had a blacklight, this place would look like a Jackson Pollack painting."

Rocket: "You got issues Quill."

• Love 4

Blazing Saddles - Lily von Stupp singing 'I'm tired'.  She was tired of men coming and going and going and  coming.... and always too soon.

If you only saw it on tv - you missed ALL the good jokes. remember Richard Pryor wrote a lot of it. 

Edited by crowsworks
  • Love 4

I generally liked the movie Fired Up, a Bring It On-ish cheerleading comedy from a few years ago, but the part that had me in stitches was when Eric Christian Olsen and Nicholas D'Agostino's characters unconsciously did a cheerleading routine to put a cereal box up in a high cabinet at their friends' keg party.

Evolution is not the greatest movie I've ever seen, but its got some really funny lines in it, the best being Orlando Jones screaming, "OH, MY GOD, IT'S HORRIBLE IN HERE!!!!!" when he gets, er, Hoovered up by the alien.

A Fish Called Wanda[ is also awesome, especially Kevin Kline's Otto. "May I kiss you, Ken?" "Fuck off, or I'll kill you." "Sucking?!"

And of course this, from A Very Brady Sequel. Inappropriate humor FTW!

• Love 1

On Crazy Stupid Love, also the shopping scene.

The clincher of that scene is Steve Carell's character opening his wallet, and Ryan Gosling recoiling in utter disgust (and perhaps even a little bit of fear) at the sound of the velcro. It has me rolling every time.

Another moment that just makes me cry with laughter is in Team America: World Police, when Gary is throwing up outside the bar. It's not that throwing up is funny, it's just that it goes on and on and on... and on and on. There's so much of it, and the spray inside the puppet starts sputtering and spitting and it's just so fucking amazing. I won't post a clip of it here because... it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

And this here is one of my favourite moments in a Kevin Smith movie (very NSFW due to language):

"What's a Nubian?" is delivered to absolute perfection.

Oh, and here's another scene I love. It's so wonderfully dark, and Matt Damon is clearly having a ball:

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 3

Madeline Kahn in anything, but mostly as Elizabeth in Young Frankenstein and Mrs. White in Clue .

"Fl..Flames...out of the side of my face. "

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 6

When I read this from page 1 of this thread:

What are some movies or scenes that had you laughing so hard you missed the next line?

…two scenes immediately came to mind.

1. Jim Carrey in Liar, Liar, physically unable to say anything untrue in court (starts at the 1:00 mark). Swoosie Kurtz's reactions make it even funnier.

2. From Analyze This, Billy Crystal attempting to represent Paul Vitti at the meeting of the mobsters, part of which is here:

When I saw both of these for the first time, I was sitting in the theater laughing so hard the tears were streaming down my face.

Death Becomes Her was on ABC Family the other night (yeah, I don't know either) and I actually LOLed at the scene where Meryl Streep shot Goldie Hawn and blew her into the koi pond.

Helen: "If she's not dead, you tell her to come down here. You tell her to come down here, walk right up to me, and kiss me on the..."

Madeline: "Kiss you on the what?"

Me: LMAO!

And Bruce Willis screaming like a woman just makes it more awesomee.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 3

^^^ The part that always cracks me up in Death Becomes Her is when Meryl and Goldie are having that fight and Meryl's head keeps falling because of her broken neck. Oh, also, the "I can see my ASS!" line.

The clincher of that scene is Steve Carell's character opening his wallet, and Ryan Gosling recoiling in utter disgust (and perhaps even a little bit of fear) at the sound of the velcro. It has me rolling every time.

I cracked up when Gosling told him his undereye bags looked like ball sacks or something to that effect.

• Love 2

Well shoot, while I'm at it: Sexual Chocolate! (I love to describe things as "good and terrible.")

And I couldn't find this specific scene (surprising, since practically the entire movie is on YouTube in clip form) but the part where Eriq LaSalle's Soul Glo-laden relatives get up from the couch and there are three greasy stains left behind? Sends me into hysterics.

• Love 7

Since we're mentioning Coming To America, a great movie, I've got to mention Beverly Hills Cop, Eddie Murphy's best (I'd rank Coming to America as 2nd best).  Just a few moments.

Axel: Disturbing the peace?  I got thrown out of a window!  What's the fucking charge for getting pushed out of a moving car? Jaywalking?

The supercop story scene.

*in the middle of a shootout*

Rosewood: Police!  You're all under arrest! (everyone fires at him)

Taggart: You do that again, I'll shoot you myself.

• Love 3

I caught this on Netflix earlier this week and loved it. I wonder why it didn't make a bigger impact in theaters. Maybe it was because the title was awful. It could just as easily have belonged to a film about drug addicts. Had it been called "Formula One" or something like that, it might have done better.

Omg--how could I have forgotten that one?  Talk about funny!  Too many great scenes to count, but I'll add this one (I don't remember the exact words):

"Could you tell him that the guy we met last month has been tested positive for, um...[whispers] herpes simplex 10 and I think he should get tested before things start falling off on the man."

• Love 1

I'm not going to post a link to the scene because the only ones on You Tube are bad quality--someone filming it off of their own tv with a video camera or iphone-but the "Silent" scene in Down Periscope is very funny.  They are engaging in war games with another sub and when they discover that the other sub is close enough to detect them, they go silent.  After a minute or so, the cook accidentally lets a big one rip.  Now, I usually hate this kind of humor, but watching the others react to the smell while at the same time having to remain silent, and the cook's "I'm so sorry" look was priceless.  Then, when the captain is tired of waiting around, he goes to a sailor who has learned how to imitate all kinds of whale noises, does a very funny charade sequence with him as they are trying to understand each other, then, when the sailor gets it, his whale noise routine is hysterical.

• Love 1

@Shannon L.

This was the best I could find, one of someone recording it off their tv, ugh I hate that.

ETA: Somehow I missed the part where you'd said that you weren't going to post the vids because they were bad quality. So annoying when my browser positions itself wrong. Eh, no matter, they're already there.

Edited by kariyaki

For some reason, every time Ted throws something off screen in Airplane! and it comes back from a different direction to hit either him or whomever makes me giggle uncontrollably.

But to be fair... most of Airplane! makes me giggle uncontrollably.

• Love 5

Everything about Clue is hysterical to me, and while the "Flames...on the side of my face!" is my favorite line, I think the "Let us in!" sequence is the funniest of the movie:

I can't decide what's funniest:  Everyone crashing into each other on the stairs, "Nevermind about the key, unlock the door!" "I can't unlock the door without the key!", Wadsworth bouncing off the door, Yvette tripping over his body with the gun, or Mrs. Peacock's deadpan "Will you shut up?  We're doing our best!"

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 8

Clue has so many awesome bits of dialogue that its almost impossible to list them all, but here are a couple of favorites of mine:

Miss Scarlett: "Ooh, very pretty. Would you like to see these, Yvette? They might shock you."

Yvette: "No, merci. I am a lady."

Miss Scarlett: "Oh, really? How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?"

Mr. Green: "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"

And dratted youtube took down the extended clip from Victor/Victoria, but the end of Julie Andrews' first night of singing always kills me after the "reveal".

Squash: "It's a guy."

Norma: "Yay! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

Trivia I had not known before: The role of Toddy was originally intended for Peter Sellers, and the movie had been planned for a 1978 release, but Sellers' death in 1980 while Blake Edwards was filming S.O.B. necessitated Robert Preston being cast instead.

• Love 3

Miss Scarlett: "Ooh, very pretty. Would you like to see these, Yvette? They might shock you."

Yvette: "No, merci. I am a lady."

Miss Scarlett: "Oh, really? How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?"

I love the part that comes right before that:

Wadsworth: A ha!  A double negative!

Colonel Mustard: A double negative?  You mean you have photographs??!!

And then the whole sequence later:

Professor Plum: ...but then whoever is with the killer might get killed!

Colonel Mustard: Then we will have discovered who the murderer is!

Mrs. Peacock: But then the other half of the pair will be dead!

Colonel Mustard: This is war Peacock! Casualties are inevitable! You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs; every good cook will tell you that.

Mrs. Peacock: But look what happened to the cook! 

God, I love that movie.

• Love 3

I know this was a tv movie, but it was something I was reminded of yesterday when I read an article that included The Muppets and watched a reality-competition tv show with a challenge based on The Wizard of Oz.

It was one line, but it was brilliant:  In The Muppets: Wizard of Oz, there was a moment when Gonzo turned to the camera and said "To those of you who have The Dark Side of the Moon cued up, press play now", then went back to the scene.  We had a good laugh at that one.

• Love 1

Speaking of Mel Brooks the High Anxiety, The Birds take-off cracks me up but I couldn't find a video with the last few seconds. When he hides in the gazebo, the top is all open and the pigeons are sitting all around the edge with their butts hanging over! 

Edited by xls
  • Love 5

The talk about Saving Mr Banks in the Adaptions thread reminded me of a moment in that film that made me burst out laughing:

P.L. Travers: "Responstible" is not a word!
Richard Sherman, proudly: We made it up.
P.L. Travers: Well, un-make it up.
Richard Sherman: [hides sheet music of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious."]

It was a small thing, but it was probably my favourite moment in the whole film.

Also, the first time I saw the bridge fight in Robin Hood: Men in Tights I was laughing so hard I was crying. Granted, I was a kid, but to be honest I still find it hilarious.

• Love 3

So many great laughs in The Bird Cage.  Many of mine came from Hank Azaria, but the others did a wonderful job with the comedy as well. 

Definitely.

Mrs. Doubtfire was another one where I just laughed my butt off throughout a lot of the movie. Robin did such a good job in it. Another movie, Robin Hood: Men In Tights is similar in regards to me laughing through most of it.

Some quotes from it:

Robin Hood: Blinkin, listen to me. They've taken the castle!

Blinkin: I thought it felt a bit drafty. Cor, this never would have happened if your father was alive.

Robin Hood: He's dead?

Blinkin: Yes...

Robin Hood: And my mother?

Blinkin: She died of pneumonia while...

[Remembers]

Blinkin: Oh, you were away!

Robin Hood: My brothers?

Blinkin: There were all killed by the plague.

Robin Hood: My dog, Pongo?

Blinkin: Run over by a carriage.

Robin Hood: My goldfish, Goldie?

Blinkin: Eaten by the cat.

Robin Hood: [on the verge of tears] My cat?

Blinkin: Choked on the goldfish.

[pause]

Blinkin: Oh, it's good to be home, ain't it, Master Robin?

Blinkin: Oh Master Robin!

[hugging a replica statue of the Venus de Milo]

Blinkin: You lost your arms in battle! But you grew some nice boobs.

Robin Hood: Blinkin, I'm over here.

Ahchoo: Hey Blinkin.

Blinkin: Did you say 'Abe Lincoln'?

Ahchoo: No, I didn't say 'Abe Lincoln', I said 'Hey Blinkin.' Hold the reins, man.

• Love 2