Type keyword(s) to search

LMAO!: Hilarious Movie Moments

• Start Topic

(edited)

What are some movies or scenes that had you laughing so hard you missed the next line? 

One that stands out for me is almost the whole Full Monty movie.  I swear I had tears in my eyes when it was over.  Especially that dress rehearsal scene when the one man brought in his female family members (including grandma!) to watch.  The looks on their faces were priceless and when I saw them hopping around on one foot trying to take their socks off while dancing, I just about died.  My friend and I were even breaking out in laughter discussing the movie the next day!

Another one that had me laughing a lot was Weekend at Bernie's.  This definitely belongs in the stupid movie category (as well as morbid), but damn if it didn't make me laugh a lot.  I think a lot of it had to do with Andrew McCarthy's delivery of most of his lines.  So matter of fact...it just worked well, imo.

What About Bob?  I posted this in the Stupid Movies thread, but I'm putting it here, too, because it made me laugh a lot. 

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 1

So many hilarious movie moments, but since we're talking about Animal House and John Belushi, it's when he looks at the hippie dude on the stairs serenading adoring females, takes the dude's guitar, and smashes the hell out of it.  

(edited)

There is a part of Animal House where John Belushi is making faces to punctuate the story that Otter is trying to convince Flounder to tell his brother about what happened to the car and it's flat out hilarious. Such a small moment but so freaking hilarious.

I'm sure I'll have many to contribute to the thread, but one of the funniest movie moments to me is in To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar after Patrick Swayze beats the crap out of Stockard Channing's husband, and everyone stands around looking bewildered. As John Leguizamo is about to explain that Patrick Swayze is actually a man, Wesley Snipes cuts in with:

"Vida works out....a lot." It's all in the delivery, but it kills me everytime.

ETA: I cannot pick out just one moment, but Monty Python and the Holy Grail is, quite possibly, the funniest movie I've ever seen. It doesn't matter how many times I've seen it, I cry laughing every time.

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh boy....the entire movie of Blazing Saddles. But two of my favorites that spring to mind first are the tollbooth scene ("Someone's going to have to go back and get a shitload of dimes!") and for some reason, Gene Wilder's Waco Kid introduction gets me everytime: "Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me...Jim." It's all in how he says it. And so, so many more. Cleavon Little and Gene Wilder were just perfect in that movie.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 6

I'm sure I'll have many to contribute to the thread, but one of the funniest movie moments to me is in To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar after Patrick Swayze beats the crap out of Stockard Channing's husband, and everyone stands around looking bewildered. As John Leguizamo is about to explain that Patrick Swayze is actually a man, Wesley Snipes cuts in with:

"Vida works out....a lot." It's all in the delivery, but it kills me everytime.

Wesley Snipes is the funniest one in that movie, IMO. He just kills it.

The pillow scene from Planes, Trains and Automobiles cracked me up so hard the first time I saw it.

Also, and this might be my favorite of all: The entire dinner scene from The Birdcage. In particular, every time they cut to the kitchen and Robin Williams is coming unraveled. "Fuck the shrimp!"

• Love 2

A moment in a tense, how-is-he-going-to-stay-alive movie, Three Days of the Condor: After being kidnapped by Robert Redford's character and eventually making love; Faye Dunaway calls herself "a spy-fucker" and Redford gives her a very disapproving look. Very unexpected and then back to the serious stuff.

I'm going to have to watch Animal House and To Wong Foo....again because I saw them once when the first came out and I barely remember them. 

Also, and this might be my favorite of all: The entire dinner scene from The Birdcage. In particular, every time they cut to the kitchen and Robin Williams is coming unraveled. "Fuck the shrimp!"

Great movie!  The best part, imo, was Agador.  Hank Azaria as brilliant in that character.  Every so often, someone in this family will say "You're just jealous of my Guatemalan-ness". And, occasionally, I'll answer something with "Your father seems to think so...."

Anyone remember See No Evil, Hear No Evil with Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor?  Not their best movie, but that scene where they were being questioned was hysterical. 

The cop to Dave (deaf):  "Was there or wasn't there a woman present?!"

Dave:  "Really?  Fuzzy wuzzy was a woman? I had no idea"

Cop to Wally:  "What the hell is he talking about?"

Wally:  "He reads lips--your talking too fast"

Cop:  "Oh for Gods sake..."  Back to Dave:  "Was...the...re....or....wasnnn....'t....the....re....a...wo....mannn.....pres....ennn..t"

Dave:  "Yes.....there......was......a.....wo...mannnn....pres...ennn....t"

Cop to Wally:  "Now what? Why the hell is he talking like that?"

Wally:  "Beee....caaaause......heee.....'s.....dea.....f....not.....stuuu....pi.....d"

• Love 2

Great movie!  The best part, imo, was Agador.  Hank Azaria as brilliant in that character.  Every so often, someone in this family will say "You're just jealous of my Guatemalan-ness". And, occasionally, I'll answer something with "Your father seems to think so...."

Yes, indeed! We quote that movie all the time here, too. I can't hear "She Works Hard for the Money" and not sing it like Agador. Nathan Lane is also fantastic.

• Love 4

I think the majority of Airplane! had me constantly in stitches. Every time I watch it, I have to pause the DVD to laugh at a joke, play it again once I recover, and then have to pause again to laugh at the next joke, and so on.

Roger Murdock: Flight 2-0-9'er, you are cleared for take-off.
Captain Clarence Oveur: Roger!
Roger Murdock: Huh?
Tower voice: L.A. departure frequency, 123 point 9'er.
Captain Clarence Oveur: Roger!
Victor Basta: Request vector, over.
Captain Clarence Oveur: What?
Tower voice: Flight 2-0-9'er cleared for vector 324.
Roger Murdock: We have clearance, Clarence.
Captain Clarence Oveur: Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
Tower voice: Tower's radio clearance, over!
Captain Clarence Oveur: That's Clarence Oveur. Over.
Tower voice: Over.
Captain Oveur: Roger.
Tower voice: Roger, over!
Roger Murdock: What?
Captain Clarence Oveur: Huh?
Victor Basta: Who?

A complete rip-off of "Who's On First?", but still funny in my book.

• Love 7

Mel Brooks got more guffaws than anyone else.  

Any number of Blazing Saddles moments could be mentioned.  I'll offer the fart scene.

Yet, the single funniest one for me was in Silent Movie.  Dom DeLuise decided he wanted a can of Coca-Cola.  He puts the money in, but the can comes flying out of the side and explodes on the ground.  He puts more money in, covers up that hole and the can flys out another side and explodes on the ground.  Now, he is getting flustered as all get out.  He puts more cash in, stands in front of the machine and covers each side of the machine - think a giant hug.

Then, we hear the sound of the can coming out and it is a direct hit on his privates.  DeLuise goes into all manner of contortions.  The man was a genius at physical comedy.  His facial expression and other mannerisms displaying agony in this scene brought me to tears more than once. 

Then, Mel being Mel, they later used that Coke machine as a "mortar" launcher.  The dasterdly villains got there's!

• Love 1

The In-Laws (the original with Peter Falk-not that monstrosity of a remake). Just saying, "Serpentine!" in our house will make everyone fall over in laughter.

• Love 5

You all have come up with some good ones. Two of mine are from old movies that aren't comedies. But the scene where The Bride first lays eyes on the Monster in Bride of Frankenstein and lets out that choked scream gets me every time.

Also, Laura when Otto first sees that Laura is alive and he just faints. I think it's the way Clifton Webb collapses that just sends me into hysterics.

(edited)

Mel Brooks got more guffaws than anyone else.

Dracula: Dead and Loving It. There are two parts that crack me up every time. The first one is the floating vampiress wenches. They're floating away, complete with ethereal music, when Dracula goes, "Now cut that out!" The music stops and they go clomping off, all pouty.

The second one is the staking scene. Massive, comical amount of blood sprays all over Steven Weber (twice!) puts me in hysterics.

Edited by kariyaki
  • Love 2
(edited)

My Cousin Vinny:  There are lots of moments in that one that still make me laugh, but when Mona starts in on him with her scenario about the deer prancing through the forest, I thought I'd die. 

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 7

My Cousin Vinny: There are lots of moments in that one that still make me laugh, but when starts in on him with her scenario about the deer prancing through the forest, I thought I'd die.

awesome movie.
(edited)

From Blazing Saddles: "It's twue, it's twue!"

Would have been even funnier if the next line hadn't been cut from the movie: "Madame, you're sucking my arm."

Edited by Snowprince
  • Love 3

In Nothing to Lose starring Tim Robbins and Martin Lawrence there's a scene where Tim Tobbins' character, Nick, accidentally sets his shoes on on fire while wearing them...which is funny by itself. My favorite scene is what follows; Nick walks into a gas station convenience store, shoes still smoking. The clerk, seeing said smoking shoes, says "You must be real fast!"

• Love 2

Is Nothing to Lose the one where they break into the building and get stuck hiding in a room while the security guard, believing he was alone, started dancing?  I think I remember Martin Lawrence rolling his eyes and saying "White people".  The delivery on that line, especially accompanied with the dancing guard, made me laugh so hard. 

• Love 1
(edited)

This is a commercial for the San Francisco Giants  In one playoff series, the Giants were losing the series to Cincinnati, and Hunter Pence got the team together to give them a pep talk, they went on to win that series and the World Series.  This ad follows line by line the scene in Animal House where Bluto rallies the frat.  The original ad just included the Giants side of things, but this video has the Giants ad compared to the scene in Animal Planet.

I love both, and I adore this ad (especially since I'm a Giants fan)

Edited by Rick Kitchen

Is Nothing to Lose the one where they break into the building and get stuck hiding in a room while the security guard, believing he was alone, started dancing?  I think I remember Martin Lawrence rolling his eyes and saying "White people".  The delivery on that line, especially accompanied with the dancing guard, made me laugh so hard. 

Yup! :)

• Love 1

4 Christmases is a terrible movie but this scene where the "dysfunctional" couple kick ass at Taboo because they know each other so well is hilarious:

• Love 5

Ha! I've never seen that movie, but that's a great scene. There may be legit reasons for the couple to be considered dysfunctional, but I always like seeing healthy intimacy between established couples on screen.  Jon Favreau's character casually eating chicken wings the whole time is so random, and Katy Mixon's expression at the end cracked me up.    

• Love 1

All of her way out of left field hints are hysterical but my favorite is the first one that they get only because they both incorrectly think the capital of China is Hong Kong.

• Love 2

My husband is a huge Monty Python fan--everything from their movies to their short skits.  The kids have even picked it up. In third grade, our daughter came up to me after school showing me a pretty little bird figurine that her friend had gotten her in Arizona the previous week that, unfortunately, had already broken (the girls mother told me before they got out that it would probably already be broken because they were kind of cheap).  She looked at me and said, in a really good English accent "It is an ex-parrot!".  Those of us who got it were quite amused.  My husband was so proud  :)   Then there's my son's "I'm not dead yet!" t-shirt....

Unfortunately, I never really got into their movies much.  Part of it is because I have a problem understanding their accents. 

• Love 1
(edited)

My Cousin Vinny:  There are lots of moments in that one that still make me laugh, but when Mona starts in on him with her scenario about the deer prancing through the forest, I thought I'd die. 

I love that movie and will defend Marisa Tomei's Oscar win until I am blue in the face. To this day, that movie still makes me laugh like an idiot. My family has a penchant for saying "I wore this. . . ridiculous thing . . for you" when we are nagged into going somewhere and have to dress up.

I never know if I should be embarrassed about loving this one because when I saw it in the theater a friend and I were the only people there and I don't really know many others who've seen it, but . . . Drop Dead Gorgeous is everything, you guys. I think I can quote that movie back to front. I'm even giggling as a type this. Kirsten Dunst aspiring to be like pageant winner Diane Sawyer, Denise Richards playing a horribly hilarious bitch, Kirstie Alley being her equally horribly hilarious mother, Amy Adams as the slutty one, Ellen Barkin and Alison Janey a boozed up besties, creepy judges, explosions, tap dancing in a morgue, dance numbers that include a wheel chair and Jesus on the cross, and so much more insanity presented to you as a documentary about highschool girls trying to rise up pageant ranks in Minnesota. God, I love it so much. 

Edited by hardy har
  • Love 10

I love Gene Hackman in The Birdcage, his incredulity upon learning about Val's mother and this exchange:

[on the phone]
Senator Kevin Keeley: Hello, Ben. Ready for what? WHAT?
Louise Keeley: What's the matter, Kevin?
Senator Kevin Keeley: Jackson's dead.
Louise Keeley: Oh my God!
Senator Kevin Keeley: He died in bed? Whose bed? A prostitute?
Louise Keeley: No!
Senator Kevin Keeley: A minor? And black?
Louise Keeley: What?
Senator Kevin Keeley: I don't believe this! I don't FUCKING believe this!

This probably is due to me being a middle school boy when it came out, but I still have never laughed harder than during the first 1/4th of South Park: Bigger Longer Uncut. I had never seen South Park before then so it blew my mind when they started cursing. But when Cartman pulls out the megaphone and asks "How would you like to suck my balls Mr. Garrison?" had me gasping for breath. I don't know if I'll ever laugh that hard again. Oh god, I've just made myself sad.

• Love 4

There are many hilarious moments in This Is The End, but I'd have to pick Danny McBride and James Franco's screaming at match over McBride's masturbation habits.

And Michael Cera playing a crazed coked out version of himself.

• Love 2

My Cousin Vinny

When Vinny comes flying out of the cabin gun blazing for the owl.

Walk The Line

Not supposed to be a funny movie, but after John asks June to marry him in the bus, she declines and he goes on his rant about her being afraid to live in his "big fat shadow."  Then in the dressing room later

John:  What you not talking to me?

June:  You are not allowed to speak to me tonight.  After that stunt you pulled on the bus the only place you're allowed to speak to me is on stage, do you understand?

John:  What'd I do?

June:  I dunno, why don't you ask your big fat shadow

Wedding Crashers

When Vince Vaughn is getting jacked off under the table during the family dinner "It feels so good when he jokes."

In & Out

"We were just having a meeting here at the intersexual...homosection....INTERSECTION!"

Coming to America

"Fuck you, fuck you and fuck you....who's next?"

Tropic Thunder

"What do YOU mean....you people?"

Crazy Stupid Love

When Marisa Tomei flashes Steve Carrell the middle finger at the beginning of his speech at the end.

In & Out

"We were just having a meeting here at the intersexual...homosection....INTERSECTION!"

Narrator: "What a fabulous window treatment!"

Howard: "What a fabulous window treatment!"

Narrator: "That was a test!"

• Love 2

I have been revisiting the hilarity that is Jackie Gleason in Smokey & the Bandit.

Sheriff Branford: The fact that you are a sheriff is not germane to the situation.

Sheriff Justice: The goddamn Germans got nothing to do with it!

Junior: What'd he say?

Sheriff Justice: Shut up! One shit at a time.

Some Like it Hot
Frankly, the whole movie. But mostly, the very final scene, on a speedboat. "Nobody's perfect".

Crazy Stupid Love

I just couldn't stop laughing during the garden fight scene.

• Love 3

'Airplane':

"Nick, Heath, Jared, there's a fire in the barn!"

"Oh, look, there's sale st Macy's!"

And Barbara Billingsly talking jive?! Brilliant!

And the recent Wisconsin travel ad with Kareem asking Robert Hayes why he keeps calling him Roger is also brilliant.

• Love 4
(edited)

JAWS; just the way this guy says it!

Does any one else find the limo scene from 2012 hilarious? I just crack up so many ridiculous things happen.

Edited by xls
  • Love 2

*puts 2012 in Netflix queue*

That was amazing. So many things just. Kept. Happening.

Just watch the faces the actors make, especially John Cryer as they fly under the building

I could not take this movie seriously, all I did was laugh.

How did I miss this cinematic masterpiece <that's sarcasm, btw *g*>?  Was this supposed to be serious?  I may have to watch it--it appears to be in the same vein as Sharknado only with a bigger budget.  My son just walked in and said the two sequences above were the best parts of the movie. 

(edited)

How did I miss this cinematic masterpiece <that's sarcasm, btw *g*>?  Was this supposed to be serious?  I may have to watch it--it appears to be in the same vein as Sharknado only with a bigger budget.  My son just walked in and said the two sequences above were the best parts of the movie. 

Oh, we haven't even gotten to Charlie Frost (Woody Harrelson) yet!

Oh yes, serous and scary. Sharknado is a great comparison.The cgi is impressive but JC looks like such a cartoon  through the movie and is the best driver in history the way he misses all destruction but fractions of an inch.

Edited by xls