Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

She was charged with 3 felonies. She assaulted 2 police officers. No bail was needed because the judge figured she was famous enough to find. 

If Luann were a black woman, that dash cam video would have been released already - that's assuming she'd still be living.  (This is in no way a political statement.  It's a simple statement of fact.  My cousin is an honorable cop, so I assume most of them are.)

5 hours ago, snarts said:

Yes, she was charged with 3 felonies.  However, the fact she was released without bail and without travel stipulations likely means the prosecutors office intends to accept a plea.  Someone upthread compared it to Kim Richards (who also purportedly kicked a cop).  She eventually pled no contest to resisting arrest, the other charges were dropped, and completed community service. I predict Luann will end up with a similar deal.

I read in one of the reports that the person she attacked was a firefighter, not a cop, but that the charge is the same regardless.  Not saying that's any better, but I do wonder if the person was on or off duty at the time.  Like everyone, I need more details on how this all went down.  Here it is, they make it sound like she attacked a firefighter and then kicked an officer.  Yikes.

https://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/reality-star-arrested-attack-firefighter

It makes it worse, in my opinion.  Firefighter's sole purpose is to rescue people and save lives.  To my knowledge, they've never restrained someone to death, or "accidentally" killed them in other ways.  They run into the burning building when everyone, including the cops, are running away.  There's a reason that 341 firefighters died on 9/11, in comparison to the 60 police officers - other than the fact that the police officers had superior radio equipment.

• Love 16
28 minutes ago, nexxie said:

The show could provide a valuable public service following a few of these “ladies” on a journey toward sobriety.

I'm not sure but I think getting sober is a violation of the standard Real Housewife contract and grounds for being fired ... 

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, nexxie said:

The show could provide a valuable public service following a few of these “ladies” on a journey toward sobriety.

I watch many of the Housewives shows, and one thing they all have in common is how much most of the ladies drink.   I can't believe that most of them still have a functioning liver.   I've never found humor in their fall-down drunk antics.  Not to get preachy, it's just that I find their behavior sad.  LuAnn's going to have a long road ahead of her cleaning up this mess.  A felony charge against an officer is pretty serious.  

• Love 4

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5213875/Luann-Lesseps-broke-hotel-room-man.html  

Luann de Lesseps made a very bad situation even worse early Sunday according to a police report of her arrest obtained by Page Six.

The Real Housewives of New York star was out partying with friends Saturday when she allegedly slipped into a room at The Colony Hotel with a man while a maid was still cleaning the space.

De Lesseps was staying at the hotel but not in that room, and when a guard was unable to get her to leave two police officers were called to the scene.

That is when a 'highly intoxicated'  de Lesseps reportedly barricaded herself in the room, and when an officer managed to get a key for entry she struck him on the chest and slammed the door in his face.

The report goes on to state that when she was finally cuffed, de Lesseps managed to slip out of her restraints and screamed 'I’m going to f***ing kill you' at police while trying to escape from the scene.

She continued to say that while she was being taken to the Palm Beach Police Station and put in a holding cell.

• Love 3

https://pagesix.com/2017/12/26/luanns-bedroom-antics-triggered-hotel-to-call-the-cops/

So this keeps getting more and more interesting.  Why wasn’t she in her own room?  Slipping in while the maid is doing turn down?    Not to mention she’s hit Page Six with this.

And friends are in damage control mode.

https://pagesix.com/2017/12/26/luann-had-previously-dated-the-guy-found-in-bed-with-her/

Suddenly people busting in on her in the morning takes on a different light.  And although I still think Bethenny lost her damn mind at Greystoke Manor, the hypocracy of Luann slut shaming Carole also looks different in this light.  And lets face it, anyone who says anything to Luann about this episode isn’t slut shaming.  Man, this is one bad look for the Countess.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Suddenly people busting in on her in the morning takes on a different light.  

So does that scene in the bar where she slipped off to the bathroom with some dude she just met. I thought they were just joking about her sneaking off to have sex. Now I wonder if they were aware of something about Luann's proclivities the audience didn't know about. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
... plus there is what Bethenny said about her, too, LOL ... maybe she wasn't exaggerating as much as we thought!
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

https://pagesix.com/2017/12/26/luanns-bedroom-antics-triggered-hotel-to-call-the-cops/

So this keeps getting more and more interesting.  Why wasn’t she in her own room?  Slipping in while the maid is doing turn down?    Not to mention she’s hit Page Six with this.

And friends are in damage control mode.

https://pagesix.com/2017/12/26/luann-had-previously-dated-the-guy-found-in-bed-with-her/

Except even in damage control mode, it still sounds terrible. The maid was doing turn down, which usually happens between 5pm - 8pm. At some point later, the guy comes to get Julie to have her help get Luann out of his room. A security guard finds the two of them in bed and tries to get Luann to leave. It's weird because if they were noisily having sex, the security guard would have tried to get both of them ejected from the hotel. This sounds like the guy realized she was too drunk to have sex, but Luann might have alternated between naked noodle limbed Sonja and Drunkrinda Rage.

• Love 2

It sounded to me like they left the bar to have sex, drunkenly bumbled into the wrong room (or they just didn't care and popped into whatever room they found open), and got caught by the hotel maid. The guy had enough sense to leave but Luann refused, so he went and got her friend to help. Lu wouldn't relent so the cops were called. 

At least that's what it sounds like to me.

ETA: which is WAY tackier than I ever imagined. I figured Lu got drunk, was hitting on someone's man or whatever and people got pissed off ... there was a fight and the cops ended up being called. This story is so much smarmier, lol. I love it

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

At some point later, the guy comes to get Julie to have her help get Luann out of his room. A security guard finds the two of them in bed and tries to get Luann to leave.

So the guy leaves, gets help from Julie, and then goes back in bed with her? Now I need a drink!

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It sounded to me like they left the bar to have sex, drunkenly bumbled into the wrong room (or they just didn't care and popped into whatever room they found open), and got caught by the hotel maid. The guy had enough sense to leave but Luann refused, so he went and got her friend to help. Lu wouldn't relent so the cops were called. 

ETA: which is WAY tackier than I ever imagined. I figured Lu got drunk, was hitting on someone's man or whatever and people got pissed off ... there was a fight and the cops ended up being called. This story is so much smarmier, lol. I love it

I feel bad for the guests who had that room.

I mean ewwwww.....my clothes and things are in there and some strangers got access to do the nasty on my bed.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Damage control?

Not working very well, imo.

"Olson, who said she lives in an apartment in the hotel, also denied that she “smelled of an unknown alcoholic beverage, had slurred speech and appeared to be highly intoxicated,” as described
in the report.

“It was so early in the evening. I was fine,” she said.

“I went home, had a cup of tea and went to bed.” Oh, ok- more believable if she said she ate a bunch of junk food to soak up the alcohol and try to minimize the  pounding headache coming her way.

Olson described de Lesseps as “in shock” over her arrest for allegedly slamming a bathroom door in one cop’s face and screaming “I’m going to f–king kill you” as she was hauled off to the police station.

She’s charged with four felonies, including battery of a law enforcement officer and resisting an officer with violence, a misdemeanor charge of disorderly intoxication.

“We’re going to take this and turn it into a positive,” Olson said.

“There’s got to be a silver lining.”  Just embarrassing . . .

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

But wait - if they wanted to have sex, why didn't they just go into the nearest bathroom? 

Hmmm, well ... I'm guessing it was not a single stall situation with a door they could lock and have it be just the two of them like it was in the bar on the show. The Countess does like to maintain some sense of decorum, even when she is smashed and picking up strangers in bars to have sex with. 

Seriously tho, who wouldn't prefer to go to a lovely Palm Beach hotel room with an actual bed rather than bend over a toilet so some guy can service you? I would have sought out a room, too. Just not one belonging to a complete stranger ...

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

Here's the good news for Lu: 

She just sealed the deal on her RHofNY contract for next season !

Bossa Nova, I think you just figured out what the silver lining is, lol ... that apple, that alllll important apple, is once again safely in Luann's grasp for another year. And the world breathes a collective sigh of relief...

I worked under the theory all along that the whole Tom and Luann relationship was completely faked for the show just to get her another season. That they likely started out with a mild attraction then decided on this marriage thing with the understanding they would both be able to do whatever they wanted on the side. Problem is Tom kept getting caught. Which made Luann furious. I guess the divorce and Lu rebuilding her life was supposed to be the next chapter.

Whats that saying? We make plans and god laughs? Sometimes apparently he laughs his ass off. 

Well played, god. Well played.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I posted about my disgust with that whole falling down drunk (twice!) thing, as well. Got told I had no sense of humor, that I needed to appreciate how much FUN it would be to hang and party with Luann, that there was no reason to think she had a problem with booze because she was just having some FUN on vacation. She was handling her cups with charm, supposedly. She was just being FUN Luann and it was awesome and so much FUN. That I should give her credit for being able to laugh at herself. She was just having FUN!

I was one of the ones who was not disgusted with Luann’s behavior because it WAS a sloppy drunk vacay...Beth stripped and jumped into the pool, Sonja stripped and made out with the others...Luann fell into the bushes, clothed. It was FUNNY. This arrest, though? Of course I’m not going to defend it. It’s appalling! But I stand by how I felt AT THE TIME the episode aired...it was indeed an entertaining—and well-edited—episode.

• Love 20

I have a question.  Had Luann ever been as drunk as she was last season when she fell into the bushes?  If not then that means her drinking has been getting progressively worse; she probably should go to rehab.

It sounds like she picked up some guy in the bar; they went into the wrong hotel room, they fell into bed, the maid tried to get them out, she couldn't, she called security, the guy left, but Luann wouldn't and it got worse from there.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

So does that scene in the bar where she slipped off to the bathroom with some dude she just met. I thought they were just joking about her sneaking off to have sex. Now I wonder if they were aware of something about Luann's proclivities the audience didn't know about. 

5 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

plus there is what Bethenny said about her, too, LOL ... maybe she wasn't exaggerating as much as we thought!

I have always believed every word Bethenny has said about Luann from the beginning. Especially when Bethenny went off on her at Dorinda's.   The delivery was rough, but it was the truth and I betcha every single one of the women knew it too.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Cherrio said:

I have always believed every word Bethenny has said about Luann from the beginning. Especially when Bethenny went off on her at Dorinda's.   The delivery was rough, but it was the truth and I betcha every single one of the women knew it too.

Yeah, she was right, but she was also brutally harsh & unnecessarily cruel.  And her monstrous cruelty almost (not quite, but almost) masked over the truth she was saying about Lu.  Anyhoo, one of the DM pieces kinda suggests Lu did all this stuff for a storyline & to stay on show.  Possible?  Hmmm.

• Love 10

It is interesting to me how one anonymous source reminds us that Lu's quick temper and physically aggressive/violent behavior were a major issue between Tom and her. Remember the slap? She laughed it off as passion. I don't think he laughed off any abuse.

Hmmm... maybe she didn't kick the police officer. Maybe she was trying to play footsie.

The Countess knows how to escape from handcuffs/wrist restraints. I guess she practices in bed.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That is exactly how it sounds to me. This from the article...

"Olson, 53, said she was chatting with a female pal when de Lesseps and the mystery man left the Colony hotel bar Saturday night. About 15 minutes later, Olson said, the man re-appeared and asked Olson to help out de Lesseps, who “wouldn’t understand she was in the wrong room.”

So the guy went to the room with her, they got it on, got caught and were asked to leave. Except Luann refused to leave, and the random guy went down to try and get help from her friend Olson. The thing that stuck out to me was when Olson said he told her that Luanne "wouldn't understand she was in the wrong room". How drunk does a 52 year old woman need to be to not understand that she is in a room that doesn't belong to her? 

And so much for a friend doing damage control. This also stood out to me: 

"Olson disputed a portion of the report that says she was in the room with de Lesseps when cops arrived around 9:20 p.m., insisting she only got as far as the hallway outside."

So she was there, knows the situation, and the only part she disputes is the part about her being in the room with Luann. She doesn't dispute any of the other tawdry stuff. Nice work Luann. 

It is almost hard to believe that all of the stuff that has always been said about Luanne gets confirmed in a spectacular way in one evening. If I were Bethenny or Carole, I would have a very hard time not saying "told you so". Or even Sonja, who had to hear about how Luann often had to take care of her when she was drunk. Sonja once said she had had to do the same for Luann, but Luann acted like she was talking nonsense. Must feel all kinds of good to some of these woman to have the world actually understand that the Luann they have been trying to tell us about is the real Luann. 

• Love 11
22 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

These people make me mad because they have more than enough money to hire uber, or even a limo when they go out partying.

It makes me think that there was a whole lot more than alcohol involved.   Drunk Lu seems happy and affectionate.

Anyone who tries to drive after overdrinking deserves some horrific consequences. How could you put another car, possibly transporting young children, in danger like that?

We have only seen a happy, affectionate drunk Lu on camera. I wonder where this intense rage came from? How difficult is it to simply move to the correct hotel room? For her to be so angry about this situation that she thinks she will kill someone?

I hope Victoria and Noel never saw this rage when they were children. That is soooo traumatizing for young ones. 

• Love 7

I'm not sure what it is about being drunk and encountering law enforcement, but, it seems to push some kind of buttons on people.  For some reason, the alcohol causes them to believe that they can talk their way out of being arrested and that by attacking the police, they will be be released and told to go on their own way.  They just don't get it. They have the right to remain silent, just not the ability. lol  

• Love 10

I wonder where this intense rage came from?

It comes from leading a privileged, entitled existence that is followed by aging, loss of youth, beauty, status and income, and being publicly humiliated in an ill-advised disastrous marriage. None of these women has much depth to face the challenge of getting older.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 23
16 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

If this is true, she's a damn mess. Stayed in the same hotel as her wedding, picked up a dude, drunkenly assaults the police, and escapes custody like she's on World's Wildest Police.

I suspect Julie got back into the room when security and the police were trying to negotiate with Luann to put on her clothes and leave the hotel. Julie probably talked her way into the room hoping that she could reason with Luann. I imagine when Julie's efforts seemed to not be working, police and security told Julie to leave.

Here is the actual Page Six story:

Tamara Tattles has it wrong.  Luann wasn't in the same hotel where she was married.  She was married at the Brazilian Court Hotel and was arrested at the Colony Hotel.  They are not far from each other.  Also, for those who asked, they were about three miles from Mar a Lago.  

• Love 2

I have a question-if a person is so intoxicated as to not know they are in the wrong room, why would someone proceed to have sex with the intoxicated person?  It would seem to vitiate the consent portion of engaging in sexual activity.  It seems unusual one would ask for assistance to remove Luann from the wrong room and then decide to have sex with her.  

It is a weird story, it almost sounds as if Luann got off on the wrong floor and did not have her wits about her to realize she was not only on the wrong floor but the wrong room.  I can understand the hotel wanting to remove a person from the wrong room and cannot fathom what Luann was thinking but obviously she was too drunk to form rational thoughts.  

Wasn't Luann just saying a few weeks ago she had not dipped her toe into the dating pool?  My advice to her is stay out of hotel bars.  It seems the ambiance of said places clouds her judgment.  

• Love 15
42 minutes ago, Normades said:

Tamara Tattles has it wrong.  Luann wasn't in the same hotel where she was married.  She was married at the Brazilian Court Hotel and was arrested at the Colony Hotel.  They are not far from each other.  Also, for those who asked, they were about three miles from Mar a Lago.  

I dare you to tell her that she's wrong.  She's not a pleasant person.

1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

I have a question-if a person is so intoxicated as to not know they are in the wrong room, why would someone proceed to have sex with the intoxicated person?  It would seem to vitiate the consent portion of engaging in sexual activity.  It seems unusual one would ask for assistance to remove Luann from the wrong room and then decide to have sex with her.  

It is a weird story, it almost sounds as if Luann got off on the wrong floor and did not have her wits about her to realize she was not only on the wrong floor but the wrong room.  I can understand the hotel wanting to remove a person from the wrong room and cannot fathom what Luann was thinking but obviously she was too drunk to form rational thoughts.  

Wasn't Luann just saying a few weeks ago she had not dipped her toe into the dating pool?  My advice to her is stay out of hotel bars.  It seems the ambiance of said places clouds her judgment.  

I don't think she ever stopped dipping in the ONS pool.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I dare you to tell her that she's wrong.  She's not a pleasant person.

I don't think she ever stopped dipping in the ONS pool.

Yes to this.  She has said that dating and fucking (her word) are different. You know - like how you fuck young men but you don’t date them.  Some of her sage advice for when she is telling others how to behave. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't think he asked for assistance in removing Luann from the wrong room until after he had had sex with her. After they had made so much noise that security was called to get them out of there. He was smart enough to leave. Luann, not so much. 

He could have been drunk as well, although not to the Luann level of drunk. Drunk people have sex with each other all the time. The friend said in her interview that he was an old boyfriend. More than likely he knew how Luann rolled and didn't really give a second thought to having sex with her when she was drunk. I think she is drunk a lot. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I have a question-if a person is so intoxicated as to not know they are in the wrong room, why would someone proceed to have sex with the intoxicated person? 

It is a weird story, it almost sounds as if Luann got off on the wrong floor and did not have her wits about her to realize she was not only on the wrong floor but the wrong room. .  

Maybe they were having, like, 'airplane sex'.  Or 'sex in Portia's bathroom' sex.  Ya know - the kind where an opportunity presents itself and you dip into a place you're not supposed to be to have sexy times?

I think they were staggering down hallways and found a room that the housekeeper left open for a moment while she went to find some fancy pillow mints.  Lu and her piece thought it would be a thrill to have a quickie but the housekeeper was too fast in finding those damn mints.

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

After they had made so much noise that security was called to get them out of there.

Luann kept shouting out the wrong mans name during the romp. Humpty? Porky? Donald? (the duck) Captain Hook?

She will give an interview with her explanation soon. She will say she was rehearsing for an adult only version of The Lost "Colony" due to open off off off off off off Broadway in 2018.

• Love 4

It will be interesting to see how she handles it, because I am assuming we will see it on the show. The comments on the TT site were interesting to me. Lots of folks saying this was so unlike her, that she must have been drugged by the dude or something to act in such a manner. I wonder if she will go with this, or something similar? Or stick with the narrative that she was still trying to overcome her marriage/divorce? 

• Love 2
On 12/24/2017 at 7:48 PM, Sarcastica said:

Christmas came early for all of us. 

LuAnne has been the RHNYC gift that keeps on giving. 

On 12/25/2017 at 2:01 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

I dislike kicking someone when they're down.  It's all kinds of ick.  Any bets on who is snickering over this?  Moaner?  Mean-girl Carole?  Will Bethenny comment on it or leave it alone?

The others should be thanking LuAnne for being LuAnne.  Her antics are the only things that keep the spotlight on NYC as of late.

On 12/26/2017 at 10:05 AM, oakville said:

I feel bad for Luann. She was so happy one year ago When she married Tom. Now she is a mess. I hope she gets help.

On 12/26/2017 at 7:57 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I love how she had to appear in handcuffs wearing either a Ralph Lauren floral print dress (is that the one she wore to Sonja's garden party?) or Laura Ashley. 

I have no desire to berate or snark on LuAnne for her behavior other than to say being handcuffed in Ralph Lauren or Laura Ashley floral print is kinda hysterical.

Clearly, LuAnn is having a hard time and doesn't know how to deal with whatever it is she's going (my two cents are that she still hasn't recovered from her failed marriage to the count; adding the Tom situation to the mix only added fuel to the fire. Plus, it may be her daughter is going through a few things with a DWI 'n all).

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Anyone who tries to drive after overdrinking deserves some horrific consequences. How could you put another car, possibly transporting young children, in danger like that?

While I totally agree with this I feel like I have to point out that Lu wasn't driving. She was just shitfaced at a hotel. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I have the same questions about whether she was so impaired that she couldn't consent to sex, which is why the timeline with the guy is so important. Did they have sex and then were asked to leave? Or were they both impaired, interrupted before coitus by the security guard, and then the man attempted to enlist Julie's assistance in getting Luann to leave the room? It will be curious because I would hate to think that Luann was sexually assaulted. What was her blood alcohol? Was she blackout drunk? At least in her statements to the court, it appears that she has some recollection of what she did, but how complete is her recollection?

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I have the same questions about whether she was so impaired that she couldn't consent to sex, which is why the timeline with the guy is so important. Did they have sex and then were asked to leave? Or were they both impaired, interrupted before coitus by the security guard, and then the man attempted to enlist Julie's assistance in getting Luann to leave the room? It will be curious because I would hate to think that Luann was sexually assaulted. What was her blood alcohol? Was she blackout drunk? At least in her statements to the court, it appears that she has some recollection of what she did, but how complete is her recollection?

The friend said they left the bar together to go upstairs and about 15 minutes later the guy was downstairs trying to enlist her help in getting Lu out of the room. 

• Love 1