Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

If it wasn't Luanne's room, how did she get the key to enter it? Something about that doesn't make sense to me. 

They got in while the maid was doing the turndown service, so presumably the door was open, probably with the cart outside that had supplies on. I recently stayed at the fanciest hotel I've ever stayed at where, when they did the turndown service, they also refreshed the towels, toiletries, etc. and put a chocolate on the pillow. So I'm guessing they breezed in as if it was their room, having seen the door open. Maybe Luann was so wasted she'd lost her own room key, or realised they were on the wrong floor and just took the opportunity to enter the room while the maid was in there.

On 12/26/2017 at 7:05 PM, Ellee said:

tumblr_omf4efBh5v1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Son-JA ..... SON-JA .... I told you that was MINE!!!

(Ok, so this is pretty lame .... but I still like the .gif    :D  )

Holy moly, is Sonja wasted in this clip or what?

• Love 7

The housekeeper probably had the door propped and went down the hall to get more towels or something, and Luann and her friend snuck in - however she might have actually thought it was indeed her room.   I suspect she may have gotten belligerent because she truly thought they were in her room, which spiralled into an indignant “I paid for this room, you can’t kick me out,” etc.   The guy probably should have insisted Luann state what her room number was and then dragged her to the door to show her that they are in the wrong room before things totally got out of hand.  Obviously, she is the creator of her demise, but I think the dude should have done more to diffuse the situation -especially after getting some.   Of course, maybe the situation would have gone south regardless of the room confusion if she was already in whirling dervish mode.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Lisin said:

While I totally agree with this I feel like I have to point out that Lu wasn't driving. She was just shitfaced at a hotel. 

That's only because they were able to tackle her before she hijacked the cop car.  

59 minutes ago, essexjan said:

They got in while the maid was doing the turndown service, so presumably the door was open, probably with the cart outside that had supplies on. I recently stayed at the fanciest hotel I've ever stayed at where, when they did the turndown service, they also refreshed the towels, toiletries, etc. and put a chocolate on the pillow. So I'm guessing they breezed in as if it was their room, having seen the door open. Maybe Luann was so wasted she'd lost her own room key, or realised they were on the wrong floor and just took the opportunity to enter the room while the maid was in there.

Holy moly, is Sonja wasted in this clip or what?

Most definitely.  If memory serves, Bethenny stripped to skinny dip, and Sonja quickly put on Beth's bathing suit.  Where Sonja's suit ended up I have no idea, but she went on to make out with half the cast, who kindly tolerated it.

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

So far, no comment on anyone's twitter.  Who will be first to comment?  Satan Andy?

My guess is it will happen fairly soon. But probably not on Twitter. One of them will show up in an interview where they are asked about it and they will comment. I think Sonja and Ramona were the first to speak publicly about Luann's divorce, and then maybe Bethenny? Tinsley might be asked about it, because she has experienced a drunken arrest in Florida herself. I don't think we will have to wait much longer. 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

That's only because they were able to tackle her before she hijacked the cop car.  

Most definitely.  If memory serves, Bethenny stripped to skinny dip, and Sonja quickly put on Beth's bathing suit.  Where Sonja's suit ended up I have no idea, but she went on to make out with half the cast, who kindly tolerated it.

Not quite, according to the reports, LuAnn slipped out of the handcuffs and took off on foot, away from the police/car. LOL

Sonja didn't put on Bethenny's swim suit willingly, Dorinda put it on her despite Sonja saying it wasn't her suit! LOL

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Nope. Sonja was sooooooooooo wasted that Dorinda grabbed Bethenny's suit to put on a naked wasted Sonja and cover her up.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Wendy said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5215711/Luann-Lesseps-broke-room-mystery-man-woman.html

Daily articles in the Daily Mail. 

Luann is finally basking in the spotlight!!

God, it would be better for her if she wasn't such a liar. She lied when she said this brought up emotions because it was the first time she had been in Palm Beach since her wedding. Yet her friend Julie has pics of them together in Palm Beach last March, which was after the wedding. Then there are all of the other posts on Twitter of her going to Palm Beach. In February, in March, in April. All months that came after the wedding. Why make a statement on Twitter after something so humiliating and posts a lie that can so easily be disproven without much effort? 

• Love 6
On 12/26/2017 at 8:05 AM, oakville said:

I feel bad for Luann. She was so happy one year ago When she married Tom. Now she is a mess. I hope she gets help.

Was she?  Cuz I seem to remember reports here and there of public rows between the two lovebirds between the time they got engaged and the NYE wedding.  Which is why people suspected theirs was not a match made in heaven and that if they even made it to the altar, it wouldn't last long.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

My guess is it will happen fairly soon. But probably not on Twitter. One of them will show up in an interview where they are asked about it and they will comment. I think Sonja and Ramona were the first to speak publicly about Luann's divorce, and then maybe Bethenny? Tinsley might be asked about it, because she has experienced a drunken arrest in Florida herself. I don't think we will have to wait much longer. 

Well, Satan Andy & AC will have plenty of time to kill on NYE & will need to babble about something.  Maybe they might chat on Lu then?

On 12/26/2017 at 7:32 PM, lunastartron said:

But wait - if they wanted to have sex, why didn't they just go into the nearest bathroom? 

If I didn’t watch this show I would have had no idea that women over 40 picked up menin bars to have sex.  I thought all women outgrew that kind of thing. How naive of me.  I think it’s gross.  And Luann’s dress was too small for her, it looked so cheap in the unforgiving courtroom light.  She looked like she fit right in on a morning criminal court roundup. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I have a question-if a person is so intoxicated as to not know they are in the wrong room, why would someone proceed to have sex with the intoxicated person?  It would seem to vitiate the consent portion of engaging in sexual activity.  It seems unusual one would ask for assistance to remove Luann from the wrong room and then decide to have sex with her.  

It is a weird story, it almost sounds as if Luann got off on the wrong floor and did not have her wits about her to realize she was not only on the wrong floor but the wrong room.  I can understand the hotel wanting to remove a person from the wrong room and cannot fathom what Luann was thinking but obviously she was too drunk to form rational thoughts.  

Wasn't Luann just saying a few weeks ago she had not dipped her toe into the dating pool?  My advice to her is stay out of hotel bars.  It seems the ambiance of said places clouds her judgment.  

The other person can be just as drunk.  Also, you can’t always tell when a person is extremely intoxicated. Especially if you’ve been drinking yourself.  I know in college when friends told me they were in blackout mode the night before,  I wouldn’t have guessed it.  

• Love 6

Forget avoiding liability and lawyering up to fight charges and what not.  Luann simply needs to do the right thing:  admit that she acted a fool, pay special visits to the police and fire departments, make individual apologies to the individuals involved, talk to the hotel manager and acknowledge that her behavior was abhorrent and emphasize that she is deeply ashamed of her conduct.  She can turn this whole thing around with a sincere acknowledgement that she acted deplorably and knows that there are consequences to her actions and she wants to make things right.  It's really that simple.  

I blame the legal community in large part for this whole idea that a client should not apologize because it's admitting guilt…. one, that's not true, you can apologize for your actions and still deny liability in many circumstances, and two, in Luann's case, if what the newspapers say is true, she actually is liable, so she really isn't in a position to negotiate anyway.  Particularly in Luann's case, she needs to look at the PR aspect and act accordingly.   She needs to first assume that her words are hollow; she needs to show that she is remorseful.   She needs to take a minute to put herself in the other person’s shoes and think what will it take to prove that I respect that person and I am sorry for my conduct.  After that step, she needs to up the ante and go further to separate herself from other who have done the same and set a glowing example of how to resolve your shit in a classy manner.  

What happened to civility?  9 times out of 10, when you do something bad, if you step up and try to make things right, people will forgive you and work with you.  If they don't?  At least you know that you held yourself accountable for your actions and you can move forward with whatever penalty they give you because you deserved it.  And frankly, that's the way it should be.  

• Love 16
13 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

So far, no comment on anyone's twitter.  Who will be first to comment?  Satan Andy?

I’m thinking Sonja will comment through her spokesperson Page Six, Ramona will keep all of her comments on her phone for easy access, B won’t say anything until she can bring up how she is in the midst of her own issues on camera, and Andy will wait just long enough to find out what the climate is like surrounding LuLu.  If we are too hard on her, he will be .... if we are understanding and sympathetic, he will try to be.

Does Andy do sympathetic?

• Love 8

I'm wondering if, because the latest season is still filming, the cast members are embargoed from public comment, so it can all be saved up for use on the show. Otherwise I can't see how some of them would be able to keep their giant traps shut over something like this.

• Love 11

Essexjan, I didn’t think of that. I’ll bet you are right. 

If so, there are some ladies in NY that are about to explode.  

Or everything that they will say is so over rehearsed that we will be spending time separating each lady’s agenda. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, essexjan said:

I'm wondering if, because the latest season is still filming, the cast members are embargoed from public comment, so it can all be saved up for use on the show. Otherwise I can't see how some of them would be able to keep their giant traps shut over something like this.

I think this is an excellent point and observation. You are probably exactly right. It will still be hard for Sonja and Ramona to keep their traps shut. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, lampwick said:

Forget avoiding liability and lawyering up to fight charges and what not.  Luann simply needs to do the right thing:  admit that she acted a fool, pay special visits to the police and fire departments, make individual apologies to the individuals involved, talk to the hotel manager and acknowledge that her behavior was abhorrent and emphasize that she is deeply ashamed of her conduct.  She can turn this whole thing around with a sincere acknowledgement that she acted deplorably and knows that there are consequences to her actions and she wants to make things right.  It's really that simple.  

She needs to do all of this. But the end result is that she will never be viewed as The Countess again after this. She has changed the narrative of who she is forever. How she is viewed by others is extremely important to her. That is part of her thing. Showing one thing to the cameras and something else when away from them. She carefully crafts her image in large part and that is now over. She was never able to overcome the Pirate thing. It is forever brought up again and again, even though she had such a great season right after that. This will just never go away for her and I think that will be the hardest thing for her to accept. The ways in which she will need to be humble, contrite and accountable will be something to see if she hopes to ever live this down. I wonder if she is capable of all that? 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

The ways in which she will need to be humble, contrite and accountable will be something to see if she hopes to ever live this down. I wonder if she is capable of all that? 

No, she is not. 

Luann will do whatever she needs to do to go past this, she will not, however, change the essence of her personality because deep down inside she never thinks she has done something wrong. 

After the pirate incident, I thought that the embarrassment would be so intense that she would never show her face on camera again, not only she picked up a stranger on a ONS, she cheated on Jacques, whom she claimed to love.  She tried to lie about it and then tried to lie about the nature of their liaison. Yet two seasons later, Luann, post pirate Luann, had the audacity to call Carole a pedophile, she dared to try to tell Carole who she could date and what was appropriate to do or not.  Never mind that Adam was 30 years old, Luann still used the word pedophile and tried to be offended by Carole dating her niece ex-boyfriend, in the meantime, Luann doesn't mind snatching a guy who came with another date or picking up married dudes at the beach. 

The simple rules that Luann holds so dear to her heart as a symbol of elegance apply to the rest of the world but not her. 

When B went off on Luann, it was not random, it was because Luann was lecturing about Carole and the "girl code", all the while the RHNY have known all along about Luann sexcapades,  but  there was Luann acting as she was morally superior to others, IMO that is what set B off, it is one thing to play an elegant and refined woman for the audience who do not know what happens when cameras are not rolling, but to pretend in front of people who know who you really are and how you behave when the cameras are off is quite enerving 

• Love 19

God, it would be better for her if she wasn't such a liar. She lied when she said this brought up emotions because it was the first time she had been in Palm Beach since her wedding. Yet her friend Julie has pics of them together in Palm Beach last March, which was after the wedding. Then there are all of the other posts on Twitter of her going to Palm Beach. In February, in March, in April. All months that came after the wedding. Why make a statement on Twitter after something so humiliating and posts a lie that can so easily be disproven without much effort? 

Thinking she meant to say since her marriage crumbled. 

If I didn’t watch this show I would have had no idea that women over 40 picked up menin bars to have sex.  I thought all women outgrew that kind of thing. How naive of me.  I think it’s gross.

Yes, women over 40 have sex. Sometimes they meet in bars/restaurants, other times online.  Shocking, I know.

• Love 14
38 minutes ago, snarts said:

But she didn't say marriage. She said "This was my first time in Palm Beach since my wedding and being here brought up buried emotions". I think it was on purpose because this could easily get her some sympathy. Everyone knows that she got married there. That lots of memories of her wedding are lurking around. But many may not know how much time she spent there afterwards. She lies easily to get out of things. Had she not been wearing a mic no one would have realized how she tried to lie after the Pirate deal. But lying to get out of a pickle was her very first instinct. No one really believed that she didn't know that Ramona had been dating Tom before her, since it was all over the press months before they began filming. Yet she lied easily about this to make herself look better. This is just her strategy for the most part. 

Edited by gundysgirl
  • Love 5
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:51 AM, zoeysmom said:

It is a weird story, it almost sounds as if Luann got off on the wrong floor and did not have her wits about her to realize she was not only on the wrong floor but the wrong room.  I can understand the hotel wanting to remove a person from the wrong room and cannot fathom what Luann was thinking but obviously she was too drunk to form rational thoughts.  

by 9:20 pm, no less...

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, snarts said:

Yes, women over 40 have sex. Sometimes they meet in bars/restaurants, other times online.  Shocking, I know.

I agree, she probably misspoke and meant since the divorce, easy mistake to make. 

Of course, women over 40 have tons of sex, that has never been the issue. That is when it gets really fun. The issue is not about Luann having sex, if she was drunk out of her mind and went to her own room, this would have been just one of many ONS for Luann, nobody would have heard about it, she seems to like it and it is her free will to do it so I say more power to her. 

For me the problem is: 

1) When she tries to lecture other women as to how to handle their love affairs and tries to set herself as the model of elegance and decor. That is hypocritical as hell. 

2) When she gets drunk out of her mind and becomes aggressive with the maid, security, police officers, and firefighters. That is illegal. 

What Luann does in the privacy of her bedroom, house, private property, etc. is her business, what she does in other people rooms, guest houses, or public bathrooms is fair game for criticism. 

• Love 21

Gawd, remember way back when (Aug) when the divorce announcement was “oh how the mighty have fallen”. August was mere child’s play. I don’t see an easy way out of this one for Luann. All of the Countess seasons in hindsight will be so campy from here on out. I’m a little concerned for her. It’s not good. 

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Ellee said:

LuLu’s middle name is Robin.  :D

Lol ... Rockin’ Robin ... tweet tweet...tweedily deedily dee.. rockin’ Robin  

Now I’ll have that song with me the rest of the day.  :D

Bobbin Robin might describe her more accurately....:)

• Love 4
5 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

She needs to do all of this. But the end result is that she will never be viewed as The Countess again after this. She has changed the narrative of who she is forever. How she is viewed by others is extremely important to her. That is part of her thing. Showing one thing to the cameras and something else when away from them. She carefully crafts her image in large part and that is now over. She was never able to overcome the Pirate thing. It is forever brought up again and again, even though she had such a great season right after that. This will just never go away for her and I think that will be the hardest thing for her to accept. The ways in which she will need to be humble, contrite and accountable will be something to see if she hopes to ever live this down. I wonder if she is capable of all that? 

This shit is surprising -- and yet it isn't.  Isn't she merely contuning to do what Satan Andy requires of his "talent"?  To make a public spectacle of themselves?  Lu is a lowball, sleazy character.  There's no surprise to that.  At this point, she seems to bask in being lowball.  Countess with class?  Nobody could possibly buy that act anymore.

Nope, the best she & Satan Andy can hope for is that we'll still be interested in her -- whether to laugh at her or pity her sordid antics.  And Lu?  I don't get her at all.  She seems completely out of touch with the seriousness of this.  I bet she asked someone if she could get eggs a la Francais in the PB County jail.

Oh sure, she probably won't serve any time.  And yet, it's not a certain thing, especially as more details come out.  And if she did cause an officer serious harm?  Well, she better get herself a very good lawyer.  The judge did her a huge favor by telling her to shut her yap.

My hunch is she's got a screw loose over losing the Countess title.  And seeing Tom with his gf didn't help.  Look, it's fine & dandy for a woman over 50 to still enjoy sex.  But the way Lu lives her life is pretty out there.  Eh, it's her choice to be a public figure, for all to judge her lifestyle.  I have sympathy for her kids.  None for her.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, snarts said:

I’m sorry.  I have a certain image of a woman in her 50’s meeting a man in a bar, being intoxicated, and then rushing up going up to a hotel room at 9 pm, drunk, to have sex.  Then getting arrested for drunk and disorderly.  Gross.  

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Ellee said:

I’m thinking Sonja will comment through her spokesperson Page Six, Ramona will keep all of her comments on her phone for easy access, B won’t say anything until she can bring up how she is in the midst of her own issues on camera, and Andy will wait just long enough to find out what the climate is like surrounding LuLu.  If we are too hard on her, he will be .... if we are understanding and sympathetic, he will try to be.

Does Andy do sympathetic?

I think Andy has done sympathetic.  The reunion before Teresa went to prison ended with Andy holding her hand and being very kind to her. 

• Love 1

Andy Cohen LIVES for stuff like this, I agree.  He has no soul. 

He's probably crying his eyes out that nobody seems to have managed to capture any of this on the cell phone. It would have been one of those things he played as a promo over and over and over and over like he does every other terrible thing they manage to capture footage of.  

• Love 5

Lawd...this is some shit a SUR chucklefuck would pull. 

Lu has earned two apples. Yeah, one of them might be rotten, but still. Next season will be ALL about her. Some of the ladies will be okay with that, and some won't be.

• Love 8

What kind of drugs cause you to kick officers or fireman, slip out of handcuffs I wonder? Cocaine? Rohypnol causes unconsciousness in most people. And why didn't her "friend" tell the authorities at the time of arrest that she feared she was raped. Oh I know, she was too busy running for the border. Lulu this story won't wash.

• Love 15

What kind of drugs cause you to kick officers or fireman, slip out of handcuffs I wonder? Cocaine? Rohypnol causes unconsciousness in most people. And why didn't her "friend" tell the authorities at the time of arrest that

Yah, I have to say this is a better face saving story than what her friends have put out until now.  But this is not how date rape drugs affect you.  She was drunk, maybe some pharmaceutical enhancement as well.  But whatever.  She’s all about people slut shaming her now.  Here’s the thing.  She is hooking up with men in bathrooms, spare hotel bedrooms, whatever.  You participate in ONS in public - enough - girrrllll you’re a slut. No shame to your game.  That is the definition.  There is no grey area.  

So if you want to stand tall as a slut then do it.  But if people call you by the name it’s not shaming, its naming.

• Love 8

I think of that poor guest who couldn't go back to their room because this shit was going down and likely had to change rooms at 10 or 11pm. Thanks Lu!

55 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

The latest....her friends fear she might have been drugged and raped.

https://radaronline.com/videos/rhony-luann-de-lesseps-arrest-slut-shamed-assault-scandal/

30 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

What kind of drugs cause you to kick officers or fireman, slip out of handcuffs I wonder? Cocaine? Rohypnol causes unconsciousness in most people. And why didn't her "friend" tell the authorities at the time of arrest that she feared she was raped. Oh I know, she was too busy running for the border. Lulu this story won't wash.

You know how I know the rape concern is bullshit--it's because it took her friends days to arrive at that place after also making excuses for why it was ok for Luann to leave with the dude (they had previously dated). People here wondered about the timeline and if she'd been raped after maybe a day or two tops and we don't even know the broad. Who cares if she's dated the guy? 

Lu also apologized for her actions on video in court. A person who has no recollection would have said "I have no memory of what happened." She didn't. She knows what happened. She knows what she did. She probably wasn't so impaired that she couldn't consent.

3 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Wishing the anonymous guy could be ent$$$ced to share his side of the story.

Clearly it isn't Rey.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 10
34 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

The latest....her friends fear she might have been drugged and raped.

https://radaronline.com/videos/rhony-luann-de-lesseps-arrest-slut-shamed-assault-scandal/

Why would her friends think that? There was nothing in Luann's statement that suggests she thinks she was drugged and assaulted. She implied she drank too much because she was upset about being back in Palm Beach where she married Tom. Said she was committing to a "transformative" new year. Sounds to me like she was taking responsibility for the condition she was in and she was committing to getting herself together. Nothing sounds like she thinks she was drugged and raped. Does it?  Maybe I am missing something. 

I don't know who Luann's friends are who are supposedly saying this, but they should be careful. Whoever this guy she hooked up with is, he may not appreciate people suggesting he drugged and raped a woman. He may just decide to emerge from the shadows to clear his name, and in doing so he may manage to embarrass Luann even more.  Plus if this story is linked back to Luann and is shown to be rubbish, well ... people will not appreciate her throwing around such accusations, to put it mildly.

If this is some kind of PR strategy, it could really backfire. Lu better be careful. 

And I resent the slut shaming-shaming, too. The fact that Lu hooked up with some random dude is a big fat "so what" to me.  She does that all the time. The "so drunk she went to the wrong room then wouldn't leave and kicked a cop and wriggled out of her handcuffs" is what makes this story so spectacular, lol. 

Anyway ... Lu's PR team needs to pick an angle. They can't complain she's being slut shamed while at the same time imply she's a victim of sexual assault. I think you have to commit to one story or the other under this particular set of circumstances.  Lu is either a sexually liberated woman and everyone can kiss her ass, or she was drugged and taken advantage of. 

Why do I have the suspicion that someone is monitoring this thread to see which story is more successful so they can decide which one to go with? 

• Love 23