Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

Lu should pick up men willy nilly  if that's what makes her happy. But do it while sober and not in public view, I agree. Getting drunk in public isn't a good look, but causing a ruckus in a public place, having the police called on you, and avoiding arrest is just not done, Former-Countess. You should know this. Then accusing your partner.... in crime.... of rape is just making you look worse.

• Love 11

I’m sure Andy is tickled pink about this, but so are many on these boards. I have my issues with Andy but I don’t blame him for anticipating the ratings surge with these kind of escapades. I, for one, am not going to miss this season to see the fallout from the arrest. I kind of feel bad for Lu but, really, she brought it all on herself. At any time she could have stepped back from the show but she has pushed her fantasy wedding storyline then tragic divorce. If she doesn’t want public shame and embarrassment, then she can either get out of the public eye or behave like a responsible adult. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Ellee said:

I’m thinking Sonja will comment through her spokesperson Page Six, Ramona will keep all of her comments on her phone for easy access, B won’t say anything until she can bring up how she is in the midst of her own issues on camera, and Andy will wait just long enough to find out what the climate is like surrounding LuLu.  If we are too hard on her, he will be .... if we are understanding and sympathetic, he will try to be.

Does Andy do sympathetic?

That would require a soul and he's not a good enough actor.  So no. 

6 hours ago, Ellee said:

LuLu’s middle name is Robin.  :D

Lol ... Rockin’ Robin ... tweet tweet...tweedily deedily dee.. rockin’ Robin  

Now I’ll have that song with me the rest of the day.  :D

Me too. Grrr!!! ? 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

She needs to do all of this. But the end result is that she will never be viewed as The Countess again after this. She has changed the narrative of who she is forever. How she is viewed by others is extremely important to her. That is part of her thing. Showing one thing to the cameras and something else when away from them. She carefully crafts her image in large part and that is now over. She was never able to overcome the Pirate thing. It is forever brought up again and again, even though she had such a great season right after that. This will just never go away for her and I think that will be the hardest thing for her to accept. The ways in which she will need to be humble, contrite and accountable will be something to see if she hopes to ever live this down. I wonder if she is capable of all that? 

From what we know, Lu will still want her friends to introduce her to others as The Countess.  She will continue to try to promote her various Countess lines of products. 

I would love for her to realize that she needs to retire that nonsense now, after this behavior and arrest. 

She will most likely insist that, "It's fun. People enjoy it."

• Love 4

This rape allegation stinks to the rafters.   I don't believe it and I bet the hotel is dialing the attorney as I type.

The first thing I thought of though was this STORY reminds me of how Luann tried to cover up and lie about the Tom/Regency/kiss.  They even tried to get one of the housewives to participate in it. I think it was Dorinda.    These "friends" always seem to show up when Luann needs an alibi and is lying.

This time however lying about rape and assault is one of those crossing the line for me.   Go find your group of Italian friends Lu-man and jump into Lake Como.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

What kind of drugs cause you to kick officers or fireman, slip out of handcuffs I wonder? Cocaine? Rohypnol causes unconsciousness in most people. And why didn't her "friend" tell the authorities at the time of arrest that she feared she was raped. Oh I know, she was too busy running for the border. Lulu this story won't wash.

Luann and buddy probably put their pea brains together to come up with the story.  They’re like, what’s that trendy expression?  Oh, yeah! Slut shaming!  That’s it, Luann is being slut shamed! That will shut everyone up!  No.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Why would her friends think that? There was nothing in Luann's statement that suggests she thinks she was drugged and assaulted. She implied she drank too much because she was upset about being back in Palm Beach where she married Tom. Said she was committing to a "transformative" new year. Sounds to me like she was taking responsibility for the condition she was in and she was committing to getting herself together. Nothing sounds like she thinks she was drugged and raped. Does it?  Maybe I am missing something. 

I don't know who Luann's friends are who are supposedly saying this, but they should be careful. Whoever this guy she hooked up with is, he may not appreciate people suggesting he drugged and raped a woman. He may just decide to emerge from the shadows to clear his name, and in doing so he may manage to embarrass Luann even more.  Plus if this story is linked back to Luann and is shown to be rubbish, well ... people will not appreciate her throwing around such accusations, to put it mildly.

If this is some kind of PR strategy, it could really backfire. Lu better be careful. 

And I resent the slut shaming-shaming, too. The fact that Lu hooked up with some random dude is a big fat "so what" to me.  She does that all the time. The "so drunk she went to the wrong room then wouldn't leave and kicked a cop and wriggled out of her handcuffs" is what makes this story so spectacular, lol. 

Anyway ... Lu's PR team needs to pick an angle. They can't complain she's being slut shamed while at the same time imply she's a victim of sexual assault. I think you have to commit to one story or the other under this particular set of circumstances.  Lu is either a sexually liberated woman and everyone can kiss her ass, or she was drugged and taken advantage of. 

Why do I have the suspicion that someone is monitoring this thread to see which story is more successful so they can decide which one to go with? 

As you pointed out, the "drugged/raped" accusation is coming from a "friend", not from Luann, so I don't think her PR team needs to "pick an angle" but instead tell her friends to shut up. LOL Why do I think this could be from Sonja thinking she is "helping" Luann? 

1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Lu should pick up men willy nilly  if that's what makes her happy. But do it while sober and not in public view, I agree. Getting drunk in public isn't a good look, but causing a ruckus in a public place, having the police called on you, and avoiding arrest is just not done, Former-Countess. You should know this. Then accusing your partner.... in crime.... of rape is just making you look worse.

Luann isn't the one accusing him of rape, it is some unnamed "friend" of hers saying it. 

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

As you pointed out, the "drugged/raped" accusation is coming from a "friend", not from Luann, so I don't think her PR team needs to "pick an angle" but instead tell her friends to shut up. 

You seem to be assuming that it is impossible this "friend" could be acting under Luann's direction or with her approval. I myself make no such assumption. 

Maybe I am jaded after so many years of watching reality crap tv, but the assumption I have come to make is that 99% of the time any story put out which favors or defends one of these housewives can be traced right back to the housewife herself.  The clumsy, amateur  attempts at spin and damage control are easy to spot and, in this case, painfully obvious in my opinion. And this one has Luann's ham handed marks all over it ... she's a shitty liar who floats conflicting stories and then goes with the version she thinks is working best, which is what seems to be happening now.  First there was the sympathy, I was heartbroken angle. Then she was just being slut shamed. Now she was possibly drugged. I can't wait to see what tomorrow's excuse will be, or which one she will finally decide she's going to go with. 

Lu may not have carried this particular version of the story to the press personally but I believe it is far more likely that she sanctioned it than not.  Which was the smartest way to play it, at least in terms of legal liability if not overall wisdom.  It's just safer that way. The idea she was the victim of a crime is best put out there by a third party so that Luann herself can't be held to answer for it by the man in question.  Even dumb ass Luann was apparently smart enough to realize that. It's just too bad that she didn't realize this take on what went on wouldn't withstand scrutiny for a split second.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, prettybird said:

I’m sure Andy is tickled pink about this, but so are many on these boards. I have my issues with Andy but I don’t blame him for anticipating the ratings surge with these kind of escapades. I, for one, am not going to miss this season to see the fallout from the arrest. I kind of feel bad for Lu but, really, she brought it all on herself. At any time she could have stepped back from the show but she has pushed her fantasy wedding storyline then tragic divorce. If she doesn’t want public shame and embarrassment, then she can either get out of the public eye or behave like a responsible adult. 

So let's look at how this will affect the show.  They just started filming, right?  Producers surely already scripted some stupid shit for this season.  OK, now they can toss that away & go with this -- for the cast to all cluck about.  

Sounds like win-win for Lu & Satan Andy!  He'll get his precious ratings (along with some lurid headlines I bet he cherishes) & Lu will be star of the next season.  And then it'll probably be all worth it to her -- even if she has to spend a few weeks in the PB County slammer & do some community service & do time in a fancy rehab joint, and endure going without her stupid fucking eggs a la francais.

• Love 3

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5218885/Luann-Lesseps-bed-boytoy-arrest.html

I guess considering that the "friend" Julie Olson mentioned that the guy who was with Luann was an "ex" some people might have wrongly concluded that the ex might have been Tom or Jacques, but not such a thing, the alleged ex  was a guy half her age. 

I am guessing Julia just didn't feel like calling him a random pick up because it doesn't sound good so she said it was Luann's ex, funny how she says that she doesn't even know his name and that he looked half Luann's age.

What was the word that Luann called Carole? Pedophile? 

Oh my, how the mighty have fallen. If anybody has the right to call Luann out on this incident, that one is Carole. I hope she does it.  

• Love 7

I agree 100% with Celia's post.

This does have Luann written all over it, as I already wrote in my earlier post.

This time however its serious business and she will lose in a big way.

Palm Beach, the hotel and women (and men) everywhere will not tolerate lying about rape. Not to mention law enforcement , the prosecutors and the judge.

And I don't believe for a second that anyone else had a hand in cooking up this vile tale and getting it to the press.  All she has to say is I will give you this story if I am not named as the source.  

5 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

going without her stupid fucking eggs a la francais.

They will be powdered eggs a la francais.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Maybe I am jaded after so many years of watching reality crap tv, but the assumption I have come to make is that 99% of the time any story put out which favors or defends one of these housewives can be traced right back to the housewife herself. 

You are not jaded - just smart.

The friend who was with her did that interview and she was quoted: “It’s a guy she had previously dated. It’s not a big deal,” Julie Olson told Page Six.

Nothing in that interview about potentially being drugged and raped.

In the ROL story above, others seem to be speaking for her - she doesn't remember anything after the cops came in. She is afraid she is being slut-shamed. Clearly she has talked to these people. Not hard to imagine she mentioned something about maybe being drugged and raped and they are just testing it all out. I also find it highly likely that she and her friends are reading various forums to get an idea what people are focusing on and ways she can mitigate the damage with her story. 

Does anyone - maybe Scoobie - know if she would have been tested for drugs when she was arrested? 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

You seem to be assuming that it is impossible this "friend" could be acting under Luann's direction or with her approval. I myself make no such assumption. 

Maybe I am jaded after so many years of watching reality crap tv, but the assumption I have come to make is that 99% of the time any story put out which favors or defends one of these housewives can be traced right back to the housewife herself.  The clumsy, amateur  attempts at spin and damage control are easy to spot and, in this case, painfully obvious in my opinion. And this one has Luann's ham handed marks all over it ... she's a shitty liar who floats conflicting stories and then goes with the version she thinks is working best, which is what seems to be happening now.  First there was the sympathy, I was heartbroken angle. Then she was just being slut shamed. Now she was possibly drugged. I can't wait to see what tomorrow's excuse will be, or which one she will finally decide she's going to go with. 

Lu may not have carried this particular version of the story to the press personally but I believe it is far more likely that she sanctioned it than not.  Which was the smartest way to play it, at least in terms of legal liability if not overall wisdom.  It's just safer that way. The idea she was the victim of a crime is best put out there by a third party so that Luann herself can't be held to answer for it by the man in question.  Even dumb ass Luann was apparently smart enough to realize that. It's just too bad that she didn't realize this take on what went on wouldn't withstand scrutiny for a split second.

Had this story come out first, I would agree that Luann was behind it but she has already apologized, to a degree, so I don't think so. I do think some "friend" thought it up and ran with it though. Does Luann lie/twist things to make herself look better, Yes, as do they all, but this kind of lie is in a whole different league IMO. I will wait and see how this plays out before I condemn Luann for this rape lie. 

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I will wait and see how this plays out before I condemn Luann for this rape lie. 

That's fair, can't fault anyone for that.  But the pattern is there. She does something and then lies. The pirate, Kissgate, now this. All with the friends who always seem to be waiting around the corner in her time of need. It is her M.O.

The oh its a guy she had dated line?  Reminds me of "you have fucked everybody!!"  Old dates, old friends, old fucks.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I respectfully disagree with like 95% of this, sorry lol

The idea that Luann can put a dent in what she did by baking brownies and taking them to all the people she effected that night and humbly apologizing is ... no.  Just no.

First off the cop she slammed the door on ... the firefighter she kicked? Are both witnesses against her and it is 100% entirely inappropriate for her to attempt to have any contact with either of them whatsoever. Even if she just wants to apologize ... nope. At best she could put out some kind of comment on Twitter directed toward them in particular. But if I was her lawyer I would advise her to not do that either. Not because it is an acknowledgement of guilt but because it is legally inappropriate.  You are running the risk of appearing to try to influence a witness and that is a huge no-no.

To the extent that anyone believes apologizing to the cops or firefighters would do any good for her legally, I think it would be a waste of time. It simply is not their place to accept her apology and have it make any kind of difference. That's because her wrong was not against them personally -  it was against their uniform and their status as a public servant.  Demonstrating an awareness of the wrongfulness of her conduct and being sincerely apologetic when in court may earn her some measure of favor with the judge.  But she should save it up for court (and spare herself the further humiliation of being shown the door at the police station and firehouse because they would promptly show her out due to the inappropriateness of her being there).

The hotel maid and the security guard who had to deal with her naked drunk ass in that hotel room? I would wager neither of them desire to ever see her face again and couldn't care less if she sobered up and said she was sorry. They see drunk assholes all the time and have likely had up to here with them.  Moreover, as hotel employees, they would probably feel a certain amount of pressure to be cordial to Luann which frankly I don't think she deserves. They should not be forced into accepting some bullshit apology from her.

They're also witnesses against her, as well, and she should stay away from them the same way she should stay away from the police officer and firefighter.

And if Luann wants to do the hotel manager a favor she can stay the hell off the property. It's not like she broke a teacup in the dining room or spilled wine on the carpet. She made the Colony Hotel notorious, got them all kinds of bad publicity. As in "not only is this a place where this kind of drunken shit goes on but it is also place where we call the cops on our guests."  That is not the reputation you want to have as a hotel on Palm Beach. If I was the hotel manager I would never want to see her face again.

As far as the public relations aspect of apologizing - as a member of the public I would look at Luann going around town apologizing to people as a self-serving attempt to curry favor and transparent PR move. If Luann wants me to not look at her as a violent promiscuous drunk, it's really quite simple - go to rehab, stop face planting in the rose bushes, keep your sexual shenanigans off my TV and out of the newspapers. And keep your hands - and your feet- to herself.

Just wondering, after reading the police report, when did Lu kick a fireman?  Also, there is nothing in the police report that stated she was naked.

I don't think Lu made the Colony Hotel notorious.  She just isn't 'that' big of celebrity.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

That's fair, can't fault anyone for that.  But the pattern is there. She does something and then lies. The pirate, Kissgate, now this. All with the friends who always seem to be waiting around the corner in her time of need. It is her M.O.

The oh its a guy she had dated line?  Reminds me of "you have fucked everybody!!"  Old dates, old friends, old fucks.  

There is a world of difference between trying to hide a ONS and claiming being drugged/raped, an entire world. So, No, this isn't her MO. Trying to be discreet and not get caught is her MO, not making excuses. 

And just because Bethenny screamed that Luann has "fucked everybody" doesn't make it true, no matter how many times Bethenny the exaggerator says it. 

• Love 6

Yes, there is a world of difference in what happened this time if she is claiming rape, but her M.O. is still the same.  I am talking about after the fact and she does the same thing every time.

And as I said in my first post on this subject, I believed Bethenny from the beginning (season one) that she saw right thru Luann and had her number till the present. Luann's behavior makes it pretty easy to believe.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

There is a world of difference between trying to hide a ONS and claiming being drugged/raped, an entire world. So, No, this isn't her MO. Trying to be discreet and not get caught is her MO, not making excuses. 

And just because Bethenny screamed that Luann has "fucked everybody" doesn't make it true, no matter how many times Bethenny the exaggerator says it. 

When someone says someone has “fucked everyone” we all know not to take it literally.  It does appear that Luann is pretty casual about the whole DTF, however. 

• Love 8
Just now, Cherrio said:

Yes, there is a world of difference in what happened this time if she is claiming rape, but her M.O. is still the same.  I am talking about after the fact and she does the same thing every time.

And as I said in my first post on this subject, I believed Bethenny from the beginning (season one) that she saw right thru Luann and had her number till the present. Luann's behavior makes it pretty easy to believe.

Luann has a strong sex drive, so what, so does Bethenny (according to Bethenny herself) but only Luann gets called out for it. No one on the show brought up Bethenny dating an accused rapist but Bethenny calls out Luann for the men in her life but Luann is in the wrong? LOL Trying to be discreet about her sex life on camera isn't bad/wrong for either of them but only Luann is held accountable. That is weird IMO. 

Was Luann out of control in PB, YES, she was and I hope she gets herself some help but I am not going to blame her for some "friend's" comment to the tabloids especially since she has already apologized for making an ass of herself. 

The funny thing is, is that Bethenny said she liked this less cloak and dagger Luann her first season back then did an about face and slut shamed her for it. 

6 minutes ago, Lemons said:

When someone says someone has “fucked everyone” we all know not to take it literally.  It does appear that Luann is pretty casual about the whole DTF, however. 

Yea, No, not with Bethenny, she really believes it IMO. LOL

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Had this story come out first, I would agree that Luann was behind it but she has already apologized, to a degree, so I don't think so. I do think some "friend" thought it up and ran with it though. 

Luann tells one story then comes up with different versions all the time. She is a champion revisionist. She's done it before ... made a fairly honest emotional statement that she later walked back when she realized she didn't want to live with that version of things. It is standard operating procedure for the countess.

59 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think Luann is trying to conceal her one night stand - that cat is out of the bag. I think she might be trying to explain away why she was so incredibly intoxicated that she did not know where she was, why she was belligerent and unable to follow police instructions, and why she acted like a violent lunatic.  Thus the ugly suggestion she might have been drugged. 

1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

I don't think Lu made the Colony Hotel notorious.  She just isn't 'that' big of celebrity.

Palm Beach is a very small town and discretion is extremely important.  By calling in the cops and the ugly scene being so widely reported, it reflects poorly on the hotel. It has nothing to do with Luann's celebrity status. That such events went down at the hotel with anyone is what is so damaging to the hotel's reputation among the Palm Beach set.

1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

Just wondering, after reading the police report, when did Lu kick a fireman?  Also, there is nothing in the police report that stated she was naked.

I've read in several media reports that she kicked a fireman. The naked thing is my assumption, but maybe Luann just hiked up her dress for access. Because the countess is classy like that.

I was actually halfway hoping that she would explain that she locked herself in the bathroom because she didn't have any clothes on and she was just trying to get dressed. Maybe that will be the next addition to the story . A friend will conveniently mention that detail to the press.

You read it here first!

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 11
57 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Lu likes sex,  she doesn't deny it, even if she has "fucked everybody", it doesn't matter.  Except when it is a random married guy,  or she's cheating on her boyfriend, or  when she secretly starts dating a "good friend's" guy (even if Sonja and Tom weren't dating dating,  that was 'like uncool. ') Lu has shown herself to be an awful person, not because she likes sex,  but because she has zero respect for who she may run over to get it. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 18
40 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Luann has a strong sex drive, so what, so does Bethenny (according to Bethenny herself) but only Luann gets called out for it. No one on the show brought up Bethenny dating an accused rapist but Bethenny calls out Luann for the men in her life but Luann is in the wrong? LOL Trying to be discreet about her sex life on camera isn't bad/wrong for either of them but only Luann is held accountable. That is weird IMO. 

Luann is the only one who sashays around telling the other women what is and what is not appropriate behavior with men. That is why people call her out. She's a hypocrite.

Plus everything just said by  @ShawnaLanne

• Love 13
8 hours ago, QuinnM said:

That is the definition.  There is no grey area.  

I think "slut" is being reclaimed, which means gray areas/different definitions (I consider it an acronym for "sexually liberated and unapologetically transgressive", myself : )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I wonder what kind of Bravo contract she has, can she even go to rehab during filming ? 

I think she has one of those contracts where she's paid for scenes or episodes she appears in. I don't think she could afford to go to rehab during filming.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, HunterHunted said:

I think she has one of those contracts where she's paid for scenes or episodes she appears in. I don't think she could afford to go to rehab during filming.

And on the other hand, she probably doesn't think she needs rehab anyway, she will try to Countless her way out of this one like she did out of the pirate story in French and out of the bushes with a little help from her friends. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I wonder what kind of Bravo contract she has, can she even go to rehab during filming ? 

Don’t know but I’m sure she can do a private sit down a la Kim Richards with Andy. 

• Love 8
On 12/28/2017 at 2:56 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

And seeing Tom with his gf didn't help.

She should have gone to Hilton Head or Toledo.

Edited by artisto
11 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Don’t know but I’m sure she can do a private sit down a la Kim Richards with Andy. 

She already had a private sit down with Andy following her breakup - she was chilling in the Hamptons writing a book about her newfound wisdom - one can only imagine the title of the book that will follow this new mess!

• Love 10
On 12/24/2017 at 4:45 PM, farmgal4 said:

I'm certainly no authority on mugshots, but I think LuAnn looks downright evil in hers.

I think she looks terrible!

Dorinda, Sonja, Ramona and now LuAnn... many of the women on these shows drink too much and/or have an alcohol problem. The producers allow it because drunks bring the drama. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 4

If the "ex" turns out to be Adam I am going to pee myself laughing at what a glorious season we have ahead.

Lu puts out that she wants this zen life and then goes about it in the messiest way possible which makes her a HoWife all star.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Luann has a strong sex drive, so what, so does Bethenny (according to Bethenny herself) but only Luann gets called out for it.

I don't think she gets called out for her strong sex drive. I think she gets called out for the way she goes about procuring her sex, all the while judging others. 

9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

No, but she didn't make them look very good. Guests won't like the idea that a person was able to gain access to a room that didn't belong to them. Romp around in someone else's bed and be out and about among their possessions. I would be all kinds of pissed off if it had been my room she was using for her drunken ONS. 

• Love 17
10 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

No, but she didn't make them look very good. Guests won't like the idea that a person was able to gain access to a room that didn't belong to them. Romp around in someone else's bed and be out and about among their possessions. I would be all kinds of pissed off if it had been my room she was using for her drunken ONS. 

Unlesd there are a ton of reviews on Trip Advisor I doubt most people will know. Those that do? I bet there might people asking to stay in that room.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Unlesd there are a ton of reviews on Trip Advisor I doubt most people will know. Those that do? I bet there might people asking to stay in that room.

Now I kind of want someone to write a TripAdvisor review docking them a star or two because of the random miscellaneous Housewife having sex in their room......

• Love 11
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Trip Advisor reviews aren't the issue ... it will be word of mouth among the locals. They are what keep the bars and restaurants filled. And they are the ones who suggest what hotel a visiting family member or guest might want to use. 

It's bad enough the place obviously overserves guests to the point they black out then call the cops on them (even if you aren't afraid of that happening to you, do you want to be around when it happens to someone else, or have your visiting mother-in-law witness such a thing?), but gundysgirl makes a good point ... you apparently can't leave your room unguarded because they carelessly allow their drunken guests access to your space and things. 

They are lucky it was just Luann just looking for a romp this time ... it could easily have been a thief or some pervert sneaking into a woman's room and hiding in the closet waiting for his chance to attack her. It could have been a lot worse.

• Love 11

You are so right CR, imagine  you were the occupant in 407 who paid for that room and had it defiled. On Christmas Eve Eve. What a nightmare. There must be a TON of people in town for either the holidays and/or on the press junket following the President paying TOP dollar over a holiday weekend. The changes of it being someone rich, connected and influential are high. No bueno. I would bet my non-existent courtesy title 407 was a suite or  better room than 327 and they were popping into it for a lark and a quickie. Just GROSS. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Why would her friends think that? There was nothing in Luann's statement that suggests she thinks she was drugged and assaulted. She implied she drank too much because she was upset about being back in Palm Beach where she married Tom. Said she was committing to a "transformative" new year. Sounds to me like she was taking responsibility for the condition she was in and she was committing to getting herself together. Nothing sounds like she thinks she was drugged and raped. Does it?  Maybe I am missing something. 

I don't know who Luann's friends are who are supposedly saying this, but they should be careful. Whoever this guy she hooked up with is, he may not appreciate people suggesting he drugged and raped a woman. He may just decide to emerge from the shadows to clear his name, and in doing so he may manage to embarrass Luann even more.  Plus if this story is linked back to Luann and is shown to be rubbish, well ... people will not appreciate her throwing around such accusations, to put it mildly.

If this is some kind of PR strategy, it could really backfire. Lu better be careful. 

And I resent the slut shaming-shaming, too. The fact that Lu hooked up with some random dude is a big fat "so what" to me.  She does that all the time. The "so drunk she went to the wrong room then wouldn't leave and kicked a cop and wriggled out of her handcuffs" is what makes this story so spectacular, lol. 

Anyway ... Lu's PR team needs to pick an angle. They can't complain she's being slut shamed while at the same time imply she's a victim of sexual assault. I think you have to commit to one story or the other under this particular set of circumstances.  Lu is either a sexually liberated woman and everyone can kiss her ass, or she was drugged and taken advantage of. 

Why do I have the suspicion that someone is monitoring this thread to see which story is more successful so they can decide which one to go with? 

I'd suggest Stage 3 Alcoholism, because that's what this looks like to me. And I say that without even a hint of snark.

She was upset about being alone in PB for the first time without her husband = normal. Being upset about being alone in PB for the first time without her husband and  then getting so shit faced she broke the law (several laws) = not normal. 

The slut shaming aspect is stupid.  With the cop kicking and death threats who she screwed seems really beside the point.

And I'm afraid her etiquette advising days are over unless (says Jel, the frustrated publicist) she decides to teach business etiquette or some such to women who have been incarcerated.  Keep her cred and do some good. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Palm Beach is a very small town and discretion is extremely important.  By calling in the cops and the ugly scene being so widely reported, it reflects poorly on the hotel. It has nothing to do with Luann's celebrity status. That such events went down at the hotel with anyone is what is so damaging to the hotel's reputation among the Palm Beach set.

It’s true.  I hate to say this but I do go to PB on the odd occasion.  Always to the same place which I originally chose because it seemed lovely and quiet and didn’t have an...er...vibrant bar scene.  If I was going there now for the first time and looking for a hotel, and I Googled The Colony, this would come up.  And I’d move on..

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Trip Advisor reviews aren't the issue ... it will be word of mouth among the locals. They are what keep the bars and restaurants filled. And they are the ones who suggest what hotel a visiting family member or guest might want to use. 

Based on past experience of people requesting hotel rooms where something untoward happen I still dont think it's an issue. According to reports security reaponded promptly once they were alerted. Crazier shit happens in a lot in hotels, its fucked up and not right but an isolated incident doesn't destroy a hotel. And I bet they will see no impact based on this incident unless its people calling to request the room because of the story than people not booking rooms. 

If you google The Colony right now Lu's arrest is not even the first hit the website and trip advisor are and in a week they won't even show up on the front page.

A popular hotel in Miami you literally walk over the steps that Gianni Versace was murdered on, people either forget or move on in much more significant circumstances.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Jel said:

Keep her cred and do some good.

I'm afraid that it (her cred) has been damaged and until she works on herself (alcoholism, if that is indeed the case...which I suspect it may be) she will live in the shadow of this incident for a longtime. Whatever she does to mitigate this, she'll have to redo all the explanations, apologies and so forth when it shows comes on the next season. Of course what the other Howives will add to this discourse will add more hills for her to climb. 

I do, however, like your point about doing something good while serving her time. I hope they pick an apt community service if she gets that as well. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

And I bet they will see no impact based on this incident

The problem as Celia and others have already pointed out is that now with a supposed rape/assault allegation it becomes serious. Prospective guests mulling over where to stay are going to avoid a hotel where a serious incident like that may of happened.  I know I would. That is why I said last night that I am sure this hotel is not at all happy with this.  Some drunks and parties are one thing, a violent crime is another.   Having an alert and quick response security team is a good thing, but if this was say a regular guest who actually had been attacked the damage so to speak had already been done. 

• Love 2

What kind of income does LuAnn have?  I know she has a couple of failed records & a failed book.  I think her (terrible!) clothing line is a thing of the past as well.  I’m assuming her HW paycheque may be the only thing keeping her afloat.  In which case she’ll do anything to keep hold of it.  So I’m not ruling out this event as a stunt dreamed up by Countless herself.  Look at the pluses.  She comes off as sexually voracious, and young and attractive enough to be able to pull a younger guy.  It’s dramatic.  It’s hit all the Reality headlines.  And drunken bad behaviour isn’t unknown in this family.  She’s been falling-down drunk—literally—on camera before.  Her daughter, following the family tradition, has a DUI.  For me, the idea of having my drunken mugshot plastered all over the internet would be a never ending nightmare. But it’s just another day at the office for Lu.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Jel said:

And I'm afraid her etiquette advising days are over unless (says Jel, the frustrated publicist) she decides to teach business etiquette or some such to women who have been incarcerated. 

I think it was season one where Luann made an appearance and talked to some disadvantaged, possibly just out of jail women. I remember her talking about how she was a countess and some other useless stuff.

• Love 1

You guys are "post shaming" me!

(Just cracked myself up there). 

Honestly, I do think she should do something nice for other people, but this is Luann, so I don't expect her to do anything for anyone unless it benefits her in some way.   (I was dead serious about the stage 3 alcoholism tho).

• Love 7