Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, BBHN said:

Should we start addressing you as Countess Ghoulina now? ;)

Yes. Especially in front of....like....the help. 

(And by "help" I mean the lucky interns who keep my brain pills and my poop pills separated, because Lord knows I can't PAY for an assistant.)

• Love 8
On 8/6/2017 at 0:05 AM, breezy424 said:

I don't think the Count and Lu always had an open marriage.  I think Lu put up with it because of her children.  And I understand that.  I don't think she went into her marriage with Tom with the understanding that it would be open.

Interesting what happened in St. Barth's.  To me, I think her relationship with Jacques was on the downslide.  They were together four years (?).  Let's face it.  It wasn't going to be a forever relationship because Jacques had wanted children. 

True, but wasn't Lu doing that thing where she pretended that she not only wanted more children, but that she could actually carry them? That was so funny. 

I don't get the deal about putting up with an open marriage for the kids. Who would do that? It is just hard for me to believe unless it is gratifying for each, which I think is more likely the case. Lu can say all day long she didn't actually want an open marriage, but just went along with it because she is such a good sport, but I will never buy it for a minute. I think she loved being married to a very rich older dude who was gone all the time doing his own thing, allowing her to also do her own thing. Still had the money, still had the status and the lifestyle, all the while getting to bang pirate-like dudes left and right. A pretty good gig if you can get it. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

True, but wasn't Lu doing that thing where she pretended that she not only wanted more children, but that she could actually carry them? That was so funny. 

YES! I'm watching that season (5) right now. Lu just went to the chiropractor for fertility help. 

And at the end of season 4 we have Ramona taking a pregnancy test. These women.....

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

YES! I'm watching that season (5) right now. Lu just went to the chiropractor for fertility help. 

And at the end of season 4 we have Ramona taking a pregnancy test. These women.....

Is that when Sonja had her explosive period and dragged the male intern in to help her clean up?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Lu pretending she could have kids was hilarious because her mom let it slip at the season 5 premiere party that Lu had her tubes tied after Noel was born.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/07/countess-luann-de-lesseps-children_n_1752331.html

• Love 11

Lu pretending she could have kids was hilarious because her mom let it slip at the season 5 premiere party that Lu had her tubes tied after Noel was born.

God, yeah. Her and Ramona's delusions can be hilariously entertaining at times.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I don't get the deal about putting up with an open marriage for the kids. Who would do that? It is just hard for me to believe unless it is gratifying for each, which I think is more likely the case. Lu can say all day long she didn't actually want an open marriage, but just went along with it because she is such a good sport, but I will never buy it for a minute. I think she loved being married to a very rich older dude who was gone all the time doing his own thing, allowing her to also do her own thing. Still had the money, still had the status and the lifestyle, all the while getting to bang pirate-like dudes left and right. A pretty good gig if you can get it. 

Many, many marriages a woman has tolerated a man screwing around for the sake of the children or prestige.  See Hillary Clinton.  See Jacqueline Kennedy.  Even George Burns had an affair and was forgiven. See any number of celebrity marriages.   After seeing her special I think it was pretty obvious she left Switzerland for the US for a reset.  It just so happened this show came down the pike and she had a television show once again. Maybe she thought the show would save her marriage or in the alternative take off and provide her with a career.

• Love 7

I think she loved being married to a very rich older dude who was gone all the time doing his own thing, allowing her to also do her own thing. Still had the money, still had the status and the lifestyle, all the while getting to bang pirate-like dudes left and right. A pretty good gig if you can get it. 

And one she seemed to enjoy.

After seeing her special I think it was pretty obvious she left Switzerland for the US for a reset.  It just so happened this show came down the pike and she had a television show once again.

I think the show came a while after she returned from the US. She does seem to enjoy the spotlight in whatever form she can get,,,

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Many, many marriages a woman has tolerated a man screwing around for the sake of the children or prestige.  See Hillary Clinton.  See Jacqueline Kennedy.  Even George Burns had an affair and was forgiven. See any number of celebrity marriages.   After seeing her special I think it was pretty obvious she left Switzerland for the US for a reset.  It just so happened this show came down the pike and she had a television show once again. Maybe she thought the show would save her marriage or in the alternative take off and provide her with a career.

It might just be the way that I look at things, but I think there is a big difference in finding a way to forgive a dalliance when forgiveness is requested, and having your dude tell you that he intends to fuck around and doesn't much intend to ask for forgiveness or attempt to reign (or rein?)in his behavior. I would not put up with either, but understand that people certainly work and repair a marriage after infidelity. Agreeing to the other thing is a whole other thing. And if it if your thing, then go for it - I don't intend to judge. My point is that while it might not have been her idea, I think that Lu was probably just fine with the situation. And my impression is based on watching Lu for years. The gal likes to have fun, likes to play around. We have seen that she isn't particularly faithful and has a big sexual appetite. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

My point is that while it might not have been her idea, I think that Lu was probably just fine with the situation. And my impression is based on watching Lu for years. The gal likes to have fun, likes to play around. We have seen that she isn't particularly faithful and has a big sexual appetite. 

I agree. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It is possible to become pregnant, IVF, even after your tubes are tied or even after menopause! My BIL/SIL wanted kids, she was past menopause (it happened very early for her) and they used his sperm/donor eggs and she had hormone injections ) daily I believe) and she had 2 kids (separate pregnancies). I think Luann seriously considered it but then decided against it as she didn't want babies at her age/stage in life. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

http://pagesix.com/2017/08/07/bravo-ticked-off-by-timing-of-luanns-divorce/

I'm not sure which one of you guys sent the money to the sweet heavens above fund but we have our wish.  They are reshooting part of the reunion!  Yippee!  We can see the poor Luann song now and the told you so dance during the next season.

Ahhh, Nope, I call BD on this! They didn't reshoot when Ramona/Mario finally called it quits shortly after that reunion so I doubt they will this reunion. LOL

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Ahhh, Nope, I call BD on this! They didn't reshoot when Ramona/Mario finally called it quits shortly after that reunion so I doubt they will this reunion. LOL

Lu just left for Europe, tomorrow is the finale, would they postpone the reunion to tape additional footage? Seems unlikely. I can see them recording a special segment at the beginning of next season to cover all of this. She might get herself a special edition of watch what happens where she will appear solo to tell "her story."

• Love 8
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

http://pagesix.com/2017/08/07/bravo-ticked-off-by-timing-of-luanns-divorce/

I'm not sure which one of you guys sent the money to the sweet heavens above fund but we have our wish.  They are reshooting part of the reunion!  Yippee!  We can see the poor Luann song now and the told you so dance during the next season.

I don't think they will reshoot it, but they are probably going to seriously edit it all over again. Especially if they are pissed, they are going to spend more time on the Lu/Tom saga than they might have otherwise. And perhaps loving any opportunity to catch her in a lie or being less than forthcoming. Loving the fact that she might come across looking like a bigger fool than she already does to some. 

• Love 9

Clearly LuAnn timed the reunion, the announcement, and her trip to England with precision.  If I were Bravo, I'd be pissed too.  

Then again, it's LuAnn's life and she can do what she wants, when she wants.

Said it before, and I'll say it again.  Thank goodness for LuAnn.  She's kept the NYC train moving for several years now.

• Love 8

hahahahaha .  . . I had a LuAnn moment this morning . . .. hahahahaha

The neighbors chickens are laying good, and I caught a nice size coho salmon (Lake Michigan) over the weekend that I smoked yesterday.  So when I made breakfast this morning I seasoned it with fresh rosemary from the herb garden out the back door.  And called to hubby . . .

"Breakfast time!  Eggs a la Francaise avec poisson!!!" . . . it just rolled off my tongue so easily - lol.

Hubby came in the kitchen and looked at me blankly.

"Ah, just kidding," I said, "I made scrambled eggs but added some of that smoked fish."

Dear.LORD  I've come to hate food snobs . . . especially ones who really know nothing about good food!  Beating an egg doesn't make is FRENCH! LOL.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

Said it before, and I'll say it again.  Thank goodness for LuAnn.  She's kept the NYC train moving for several years now.

According to a "source" in one of those linked tabloids, Tom kept the last two seasons interesting. 

• Love 2
On 8/5/2017 at 2:11 PM, snarts said:

She's back to Luann de Lesseps on social media.  I get that she's a move on kinda gal but, damn, that was quick.

Heading off on a European vacation?  I can get behind that as a way to get over an ex... 

Actually she never was Luann D'Agostino on any social media platform. She has always been CountessLuann.

I wonder if she ever went through having her name changed on her Driver's license, bank accounts or other which she would have had to wait until she received the marriage license.

I also wonder how quickly the divorce will go through even if it is uncontested from both sides - it's pretty hard to get a divorce in NY

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Why do I feel like Ben & Ronnie's song did better in sales than Luann?

Should Luann change her name to Luann Divorcgastino or Luann DeLeDivorce

HA HA HA!!!!!!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Actually she never was Luann D'Agostino on any social media platform. She has always been CountessLuann.

I follow her on IG and while her handle was always countess, her name in her bio was D'Agostino after the wedding. 

• Love 7
On 8/6/2017 at 11:13 AM, diadochokinesis said:

I had to look up the recipe.  Dude, this was how I was taught how to make scrambled eggs. I know of no other way to make them. Well, minus the chives because euw, chives. But yeah, that's how I've always made scrambled eggs.

Am I the only one who has never eaten an egg?  I don't get the appeal.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, chewycandy said:

I follow her on IG and while her handle was always countess, her name in her bio was D'Agostino after the wedding. 

I think it was even mentioned briefly during an episode right after the wedding.  She said that she had changed her social media names to Luann D'Agostino and someone (Sonja?) made the comment that she moves fast. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Lemons said:

Maybe yes.  Eggs are delicious.  Scrambled.  Sunnyside up.  Over easy.  Omelettes.  Soft boiled.  The best is french toast.  A Monti Cristo sandwich.  I LOVE eggs.

• Love 12

I learned how to make a french version of scrambled eggs from a teacher at a boarding school.

Never forgot them because they were unlike any other.

Forget the milk

Eggs

heavy cream or at least half and half

pepper   (add salt if you like)

swirl up in a blender for 20 seconds

Lots of unsalted butter in pan.   scramble up, add cheddar cheese towards the end if you like.   Do not cook until dry.

Serve with a good bagel and cream cheese.

Heaven, especially with a side of bacon which I normally do not do because I hate the smell of fried food in my house.

• Love 4

Bacon is fine.  It's the greatest food ever and it can stink up my house.  There's nothing like a good breakfast as far as I'm concerned any time of day.  Eggs, bacon and homefries with a side of toast.  You can throw in waffles and pancakes.  I'll be over.

• Love 11
On 8/7/2017 at 9:35 AM, Otherkate said:

Me too - can't wait to announce it to everyone next time!

But you have to say it like the countess. Don't forget to add the darling and have a continental air of superiority.

• Love 5
On 8/7/2017 at 0:05 PM, ghoulina said:

Yes. Especially in front of....like....the help. 

(And by "help" I mean the lucky interns who keep my brain pills and my poop pills separated, because Lord knows I can't PAY for an assistant.)

They should be honored to serve you!

• Love 4

Sonja ... People on MSN

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/luann-de-lesseps-divorce-tom-d-agostino-kitchen-renovation/

Already it begins ... Tom wants money for kitchen renovations.  Yeah, I know.  It's ROL.   :D

I didn't listen to Sonja.  It's a clip on how she won't have a relationship with Tom.   If anyone listens... let me know if she defines relationship.  I mean. ... she didn't have one before ... it was just sex. 

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:57 PM, Lemons said:

My brother hasn't eaten an egg since 1970.  But you're the only one I know who has never eaten an egg.

Don't they have them on your planet? :-)  Just kidding.  Were they just never served when you were growing up?  Or like my bro,  just can not stand the look or smell of them?

17 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Maybe yes.  Eggs are delicious.  Scrambled.  Sunnyside up.  Over easy.  Omelettes.  Soft boiled.  The best is french toast.  A Monti Cristo sandwich.  I LOVE eggs.

I agree.  I love them.  And at one time I would've argued that they are the most perfect little package of protein ever.  But not anymore.  I'm stepping away from the eggs.  Francaise or otherwise.  Bitter tears because I love them so.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ryebread said:

My brother hasn't eaten an egg since 1970.  But you're the only one I know who has never eaten an egg.

Don't they have them on your planet? :-)  Just kidding.  Were they just never served when you were growing up?  Or like my bro,  just can not stand the look or smell of them?

I agree.  I love them.  And at one time I would've argued that they are the most perfect little package of protein ever.  But not anymore.  I'm stepping away from the eggs.  Francaise or otherwise.  Bitter tears because I love them so.

I don't think my mother cooked us eggs (and she's French Canadian!).  I've never even tried coffee before so I think it's me.  

• Love 1
On 8/4/2017 at 11:20 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

I can totally see it!

And what a great story. Two gals who use to bang the same dude, a guy who treated them both poorly in the end, realizing that their real fate was to be with each other. 

I need to amend that. Two gals who have banged 3 of the same dudes. They are clearly meant to be together in the end. 

1.)  Tom

2.)  Pirate

3.)  Harry ????

• Love 1