Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

Mizrahi also said that he didn't really think Lu's wedding dress worked as a wedding dress. 

He explained that he has moles at The Regency who have been sharing their observations.  

I know that The Regency supposedly comps Lu and Tom a lot of drinks and food, but if I were Lu, I would really rethink spending so much time at the establishment where Tom was kissing the ex-girlfriend/former Playboy playmate and where a lot of people know to look for them/spy on them there.  Or does Lu derive that much pleasure from not paying for stuff? 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Mizrahi also said that he didn't really think Lu's wedding dress worked as a wedding dress. 

He explained that he has moles at The Regency who have been sharing their observations.  

I know that The Regency supposedly comps Lu and Tom a lot of drinks and food, but if I were Lu, I would really rethink spending so much time at the establishment where Tom was kissing the ex-girlfriend/former Playboy playmate and where a lot of people know to look for them/spy on them there.  Or does Lu derive that much pleasure from not paying for stuff? 

I think because rich ppl think they've made it when they don't have to carry money in their pockets. That they are entitled to be comped for everything. Haven't you heard of the cattle drives when they offer those suites before shows or premieres that have free gifts? They fight to get a pass to go in and "shop" at no cost. Even the art of the gift bag itself. Full of very expensive things that they could easily afford on their own but to the offerer it's about having these famous or rich ppl photographed at their venue or wearing their item of whatever. I remember Ramona going gaga in years past for free stuff. Stuff she didn't even need or would use. (Lol...probably stuff she'd regift at a later time to someone who wasn't at the same event so they couldn't give her secret about it being free up). Luanne was once a Countess. Have you forgotten that important piece of information? She is entitled. 

Don't let her act fool you. She loves going to the Regency to be seen while eating and drinking on their tab. It's where she connects with her minions and fans (trust me, there are ppl who'll travel to NYC and go there hoping for a glimpse)   Don't y'all remember when she walked out on Bethenny (and the check)? She's cheap. Reminds me of this woman I babysat for as a teen. Very rich. Y'all would know her name. Came home and gave me the change she had leftover from her day shopping in NYC. I'm talking coins folks. No where near what she was supposed to pay me. Never sat for her again. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

Did anyone watch  the WWHL with Mizrahi(the clothes designer)?

he confirmed that there were issues with Luann's marriage and that people were talking...

1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Didn't Luann say something along the lines this season about, "these are my friends."  I think she can safely add Mizrahi to the list.  He criticizes another designer's dress, gossips about Luann and Tom.  I am going to wager a guess one does not need to have moles at The Regency, they are probably talked about all the time.  Once again I am hoping it is patrons who are the moles and not the staff.

I agree with nixing The Regency.  Why go hang out where Tom's exes seem to congregate.  More importantly why stay in touch with them?  There has been pretty much zero positive that comes from the interactions.  They should stay away for three months and see how many stories continue to come out of The Regency.  I don't think dinner bills are that big a deal to this couple.  When Luann was asked about the recent Page Six story she declined to reveal where it was-it wasn't The Regency.  So if she was going to throw out some free publicity for future free meals at a new place she missed her chance. 

I may be the only one but I am curious what the hell these two do when they are in public?  I get that Tom says wholly inappropriate things about being married, but dang how bad are they?  Granted there is basically no one who ever gives their marriage a chance, which is a safe bet considering there is statistically a 50% chance it will end in divorce.  I think know it has come down to will they make it to the end of the year, will 2018 be the year they split.  At some point maybe two three years it becomes less relevant. 

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think because rich ppl think they've made it when they don't have to carry money in their pockets. That they are entitled to be comped for everything. Haven't you heard of the cattle drives when they offer those suites before shows or premieres that have free gifts? They fight to get a pass to go in and "shop" at no cost. Even the art of the gift bag itself. Full of very expensive things that they could easily afford on their own but to the offerer it's about having these famous or rich ppl photographed at their venue or wearing their item of whatever. 

I'm talking coins folks. No where near what she was supposed to pay me. Never sat for her again. 

Many years ago my ex was a radio producer on a very popular but local show. The amount of swag we got was amazing. I drove a free Camry for years, swapped out every 6 months. The restaurants and trips...That doesn't even include the things the fans give you. So I cannot even imagine the free swag the HW's are inundated with. But it comes at a cost, for example I didn't particularly enjoy being noticed and approached in non work related scenarios like being sick and trying to get in and out of the pharmacy before I passed out. I enjoy people, meeting them and talking but to be the center of attention and have to be on all of the time is not for me. 

ETA: The person who approached me wasn't some nice fan but a creepy guy who smelled bad that I had been told was a bit of a weirdo and to steer clear of if he was ever at an appearance (let alone in my private life). Also, I was with my child at the time so it added another layer of "get me out of here". 

I think we babysat for the same person.  JK but I did have an experience like that. Taught me to get prices and expectations right up front.

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

But it comes at a cos

Cost. Sorry didn't get over to that last letter. 

For me the cost would be too dear to sell my soul to Bravo to be on one of their reality shows (any network). I prefer being an anonymous regular person but a good friend and family member as well. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Did anyone watch  the WWHL with Mizrahi(the clothes designer)?

he confirmed that there were issues with Luann's marriage and that people were talking...

3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, he did and he also said that he hopes the rumors aren't true. AND, he LOVES Kelly (and every single HW there is), which makes me question his honesty. LOL

This immediately made me think of the movie Sweet Home Alabama. In it, Reese Witherspoon plays a noted fashion designer who is trying to cover up her poor southern roots. After watching it, my brother said that the movie didn't work because fashion designers are notorious kooks and love being known as such. And they love surrounding themselves with kooky people and things.

Isaac fits right into that stereotype. He's hosted tv shows, written books, acted and sung, directed, had a documentary (Unzipped), and has a one man show. When he says he loves every single housewife, but will still talk shit about them, I believe him 100%. He loves them and hates them, pities them and castigates them in equal abandon.

• Love 15
On 7/22/2017 at 3:09 PM, zoeysmom said:

I am going to guess Captain Obvious.  Why is this newsworthy seven months later?  Of course I would have loved to see Tom's texts, e-mails and phone log wedding weekend.  Just because.

At this point Tom and Luann remind me of Liz Taylor and Richard Burton-pubic fights and passionate make ups.  Maybe there next vacation should be to rehab.  This couple is way too public for me.

How far are they from Celebrity Marriage Bootcamp?  I am guessing not far.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

How far are they from Celebrity Marriage Bootcamp?  I am guessing not far.

Oh that would be too funny. Especially the fight they'll have after Lu catches Tom ogling someone's breasts under her pajamas in the kitchen lol! 

• Love 4

I think Tom got another "hall pass" because "it's OK to be friends" with the "ex-s." /eyeroll.

Luann can plan/host next year's big trip to Egypt ... float trip down De-Nial! Ba-da-bing!

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

So this is the exact same story her told about the Regency tonsil hockey. He needs to either get new material or stop going to bars without Luann.

http://pagesix.com/2017/07/31/luann-defends-marriage-to-tom-he-hits-on-blond-at-dive-bar/

No, this is different. Both Tom and Luann say he was there with friends, more than 1 person, not some blonde he knew before. I think any time that Tom is seen without Luann, he will be accused of "cheating" on her whether or not it is true. This is getting ridiculous IMO.

• Love 4

No, this is different. Both Tom and Luann say he was there with friends, more than 1 person, not some blonde he knew before. I think any time that Tom is seen without Luann, he will be accused of "cheating" on her whether or not it is true. This is getting ridiculous IMO

He should just not go to dive bars (and this is really a dive bar) without Luann.  He needs to respect her more than this.  It's not going to get any better with his behavior.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

He should just not go to dive bars (and this is really a dive bar) without Luann.  He needs to respect her more than this.  It's not going to get any better with his behavior.

He needs to stay out of all bars and restaurants altogether at this stage, that is unless Luann is with him/attached to his hip! No matter what, he could be at some business dinner with a group of men only and if he smiles at or says "Hello" to the waitress, someone will say he was meeting/hooking up with some "blonde". LOL

• Love 9
14 hours ago, WireWrap said:

He needs to stay out of all bars and restaurants altogether at this stage, that is unless Luann is with him/attached to his hip! No matter what, he could be at some business dinner with a group of men only and if he smiles at or says "Hello" to the waitress, someone will say he was meeting/hooking up with some "blonde". LOL

He needs to stop touching females so Willy nilly.

while LuAnn does not care now. I would bet 5 bucks that 2 years from now, she is going to hate it.

it is disrespectful Imo.

On 7/26/2017 at 4:14 PM, HunterHunted said:

This immediately made me think of the movie Sweet Home Alabama. In it, Reese Witherspoon plays a noted fashion designer who is trying to cover up her poor southern roots. After watching it, my brother said that the movie didn't work because fashion designers are notorious kooks and love being known as such. And they love surrounding themselves with kooky people and things.

Isaac fits right into that stereotype. He's hosted tv shows, written books, acted and sung, directed, had a documentary (Unzipped), and has a one man show. When he says he loves every single housewife, but will still talk shit about them, I believe him 100%. He loves them and hates them, pities them and castigates them in equal abandon.

Yep same here. He knows the tea. 

And he has no qualms spilling it. It is not out of malice, imo but creatives like him have different minds.

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:59 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

I love this post so much. You bring up a point that I thought was interesting at the time, and went along with something that both Carole and Heather had said about Lu. That often times her initial reaction is the right one, the honorable one. But she worries too much about how it will all look, and she revisits things. After the reveal by Beth, she didn't assign nefarious motives to what Beth was saying. Her response was basically, of course she is going to tell me this. Who wouldn't share such information? Her response was all about the betrayal by Tom and how horrible it all was that he would do something like that to her. Her reaction was the one that most people would have in the same situation. It was only after that she became upset with Beth. When she had decided to forgive the jackass and wanted to find a way to make that OK, so her anger moved from Tom over to Beth. It reminded me so much of the "don't be all uncool" moment. Initially she wasn't mad at the others. She thought they should calm down in T&C, but she just thought they were overreacting. Not trying to "catch" her doing something. But then she thought about how it would all look. The married guy part of it all, and she comes unglued in the aftermath. 

Brief change of topic, back to T&C.  IIRC Lu's change of attitude was when she learned Ramona was blaming her for the guy in the room overnight and wandering around, when it was Ramona who had the guy stay over.  Lu said her guy (married or not, known to be married or not) left.

Now back to Lu-Tom-B-et al. 

• Love 3
On 7/26/2017 at 6:57 PM, stewedsquash said:

This is my philosophy for watching HW shows! I love every single one of them, yet I will trash talk them to the end. It helps to have the fickle gene when watching. Also why I don't really get bothered when the "you're a hater" "it's a pile on" comes out. I am secure in my love them and HATE them mindset. hahaha

I'm there with you. I see people taking sides like they know these women -- and like these women would CARE if they saw them repping so hard for them. Nope. The day I campaign for any one of these howives over the other is the day one of them sends a private jet to take me to a 5-star eatery in Ibiza, outfits me with the latest fashion, buys me a stunning piece of jewelry, gets me drunk, and allows me to go to a suite of my choosing unmolested (though I might be open to attentions of the Countess).

I can be bought, for sure. But she'd have to campaign hard for my lifetime vote. These chicks are too ridiculous for me to hunker down and decide to love or hate one forever and ever because she deigned to show her ass in any one particular episode. That's all of them! I enjoy them all too much. Especially Ramona (because she's so vile.) I don't watch these shows to see happy rich ladies grinning across their wine and hors d'oeuvres!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, LIMOM said:

He needs to stop touching females so Willy nilly.

while LuAnn does not care now. I would bet 5 bucks that 2 years from now, she is going to hate it.

it is disrespectful Imo.

Yep same here. He knows the tea. 

And he has no qualms spilling it. It is not out of malice, imo but creatives like him have different minds.

I kind of feel for the guy-he probably shouldn't go out without a straitjacket. 

There will never be any rest for Tom and Luann gossip.  Ultimately she will cause some rash of Page Six  jealousy with her co-stars.  At least the reporter called for a comment which begs the question-why print it?  I am sure Jill enjoyed the mention.  Next we will be reading about Tom or Luann using the restroom outside the presence of the other.

Isaac needs to find something he is really good at besides gossip.  Yeah, I know he is a designer.  Over the years I find him less and less likable. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I kind of feel for the guy-he probably shouldn't go out without a straitjacket. 

There will never be any rest for Tom and Luann gossip.  Ultimately she will cause some rash of Page Six  jealousy with her co-stars.  At least the reporter called for a comment which begs the question-why print it?  I am sure Jill enjoyed the mention.  Next we will be reading about Tom or Luann using the restroom outside the presence of the other.

Isaac needs to find something he is really good at besides gossip.  Yeah, I know he is a designer.  Over the years I find him less and less likable. 

Isaac is still designing for his QVC line and private clients.

Yes, he is good at gossiping but it is light spirited, Imo.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, GOMAVS41 said:

She married him to prove a point, that's so sad. I wonder if there is a pre-nup. How funny would it be if she got the apartment.

Maybe she's playing a 7 month con just to get the apartment.

I'm not going to pretend I wouldn't LOVE that....

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

She could have saved herself a lot of money if she'd just admitted what a loser he was before the wedding. 

I give LuAnne props for having both patience and faith.  Too bad neither were rewarded.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

She could have saved herself a lot of money if she'd just admitted what a loser he was before the wedding. 

Not the first or last woman to make that mistake...

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 7

I won't say I told you so, but I will say I'm glad. The more quickly it ended, the more quickly she can get on with her life.  Get it, Lu!

Of course, Ramona couldn't wait to reply - the first reply to Ramona's tweet made me lol.

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 5

And here I thought Tom and LuAnn had a marriage of convenience where they could both see other people, and Lu just didn't want to state it on TV. I guess she did think it was real, or convinced herself it was.

• Love 2

Oh pleasssseeeee . . . I have ZERO empathy for this obvious trainwreck of a marriage ending.  Tom didn't really want to get married.  No doubt he pulled the plug (and rug out from under LuAnn's feet).  She pushed, pushed, pushed for something that could never really happen.  And pushed, pushed, pushed for how making it happen made her better than the other women.   How can you feel badly for someone who did that?  Of course I'm going to judge her harshly for this.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Otherkate said:

I won't say I told you so, but I will say I'm glad. The more quickly it ended, the more quickly she can get on with her life.  Get it, Lu!

Of course, Ramona couldn't wait to reply - the first reply to Ramona's tweet made me lol.

Now Sonja can go back to sleeping with him after a drunken night at Beautique! 

It is sad news but let's have a show of hands of how many of us are surprised. 

What will become of all her Palm Beachiness, West or otherwise?  There is a difference between the two, Worth Avenue being one, the Ritz, crazy beautiful estates, the social season is OTT,  West Palm is nice, it's where the airport is and I like it there along with Boca and Del Ray.  I imagine Lu would never slum it in those places. LOL.

I still think there will be a series of divorce parties but all the girls will be invited to all of them...even the one on some yacht in Palm Beach.  Can't wait to hear the speeches that Dorinda will give for those parties!

• Love 5

Honestly, I hope the others don't go the "told you so" route. They have every right to do it, and I am sure they will be sorely tempted to do it, but it will do nothing but show poorly on them. Everyone already knows that they were right and she was blind/wrong, but saying so and pointing it out does zero good, and gives her more reason to be the victim next season. Just offer sympathy and let it go. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Honestly, I hope the others don't go the "told you so" route. They have every right to do it, and I am sure they will be sorely tempted to do it, but it will do nothing but show poorly on them. Everyone already knows that they were right and she was blind/wrong, but saying so and pointing it out does zero good, and gives her more reason to be the victim next season. Just offer sympathy and let it go. 

You are right about the "I told you so," it does not need to be said by any of the girls but somehow....think it's gonna happen next season.

• Love 3

I think I would have more sympathy for her if she hadn't been so smug about getting engaged and married.  She was the ever loving worst about it though.  She was that woman who anytime someone has anything critical to say or a valid question about the state of the relationship, she would accuse the person of being jealous and not happy for her.  She was go so over the top about it and acting like she had one up on the others. When someone is that smug it can be satisfying to watch them get their commupance. 

Overall I like LuAnn on the show, but she was insufferable this season... until she fell in the bushes. 

• Love 22