Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/26/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Whoopie is very greedy and she always makes it a point to advertise them on late night shows.  She did rounds last year and the year before that.. 

My husband know that I love the ugly sweater, told me yesterday to buy one if she donates proceeds to charity and if she doesn't F her.  I don't think she does.  

• Love 5

Whoopi's ugly Christmas sweaters are just out of date and dumb.  It's not a thing anymore, nor has been for a few years.  I hate that the panel has to suck up to her like her sweaters are awesome.  I don't get it. I guess she has to support her extended family.

Thrift stores are full of real ugly sweaters, for a lot less. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Tosia said:

Whoopi's ugly Christmas sweaters are just out of date and dumb.  It's not a thing anymore, nor has been for a few years.  I hate that the panel has to suck up to her like her sweaters are awesome.  I don't get it. I guess she has to support her extended family.

Thrift stores are full of real ugly sweaters, for a lot less. 

I don't think hers are supposed to officially be "ugly".....that's why I like them.  people don't know what to really say when you're wearing one.  

• Love 6

I love Joy!!  The montage of some of the people she has met through the years was great!  I especially liked how she said that the years that have passed seemed longer than 20 years!

I'm sorry but MM should be told that the wardrobe department does not like her.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, JayD83 said:

Definitely, me too.  I was so pissed when she was fired in 2013, and over the moon (she's the only reason I'm watching now) when re-hired in 2015. 

I stopped watching then and came back when Joy did. Without her this show is nothing.

• Love 20
22 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

Sunny should lay off the Botox. Her forehead no longer moves. 

Shes a pretty woman but I can’t help but wonder what she really looks like sans the fake lashes, tons of makeup, hair extensions and fillers.  

I can tell you.  She looked great.  She had none of these things when she worked for CNN.  I am distracted by her appearance on this show, to be honest.  And when tv personalities start distracting the viewers with their appearance, perhaps they need to dial things down a notch.  Or ten.  Adding to all the things you mentioned above, I also find her contouring/highlighting and foundation shades to be really off.  I never comment on people's appearances if it is something they cannot change, but I chimed in on this because these are all superficial things that she must think she needs, but doesn't! 

(But easy for me to say because being on tv as a woman over 40 must be A BITCH.  Because I am falling apart and have enough troubles making myself feel presentable some days and I am not on tv!)

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I can tell you.  She looked great.  She had none of these things when she worked for CNN.  I am distracted by her appearance on this show, to be honest.  And when tv personalities start distracting the viewers with their appearance, perhaps they need to dial things down a notch.  Or ten.  Adding to all the things you mentioned above, I also find her contouring/highlighting and foundation shades to be really off.  I never comment on people's appearances if it is something they cannot change, but I chimed in on this because these are all superficial things that she must think she needs, but doesn't! 

Wow she really has changed!

421D9AA4-5946-4F88-BEE2-1CB52EB019B7.jpeg

Edited by OpalNightstream
  • Love 3

image.thumb.png.4da49632c1769c7f657162b3c2c51372.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=32bc34fe46752225

This is how she looked when I used to watch her on CNN.  Very pretty! 

Random:  There was a time when she and Mark Garagos were supposed to get their own show together, to discuss law and court cases in the news.  That would have been so awesome and I am sorry it never came to fruition.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 12

I really enjoyed the tribute to Joy. Interesting when when they were discussing the character Rachel plays who goes to bed with her make up and waits till husband falls asleep to remove it .  Joy  said does anyone really do that ? Whoopi said yeah I know a couple to which Joy said I don't know anyone.   Maybe she was not there when Sunny said she's done that exact routine all her married life. I can think of so many circumstances if I were even remotely inclined where I wouldn't be able to wake up before my husband ( he got up at 3) and apply make up. Come to think of it her husband is a surgeon who probably has early morning surgeries . How would a husband know you feel like crap with the flu if you're in full make up? It is more believable for the 50's not today. 

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I really enjoyed the tribute to Joy. Interesting when when they were discussing the character Rachel plays who goes to bed with her make up and waits till husband falls asleep to remove it .  Joy  said does anyone really do that ? Whoopi said yeah I know a couple to which Joy said I don't know anyone.   Maybe she was not there when Sunny said she's done that exact routine all her married life. I can think of so many circumstances if I were even remotely inclined where I wouldn't be able to wake up before my husband ( he got up at 3) and apply make up. Come to think of it her husband is a surgeon who probably has early morning surgeries . How would a husband know you feel like crap with the flu if you're in full make up? It is more believable for the 50's not today. 

Sunny seems like a stepford wife at times who wants to please her man. I remember how she accepted being called pro-choice and the next day she reversed course and doubled down. I remember she said that she wanted 4 kids, but, her husband balked at the idea and she only had the 2 kids that he wanted. Sunny is a very traditional woman.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I know. I thought everyone knew that Sunny admitted to doing this. In the Netflix series, Frankie and Grace, Jane Fonda's character does this for a short time when she is dating a younger man. She later takes her make-up off and her hair extensions out in front of him, then shows him she needs to walk with a cane because she can't keep up the ruse.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I really enjoyed the tribute to Joy. Interesting when when they were discussing the character Rachel plays who goes to bed with her make up and waits till husband falls asleep to remove it .  Joy  said does anyone really do that ? Whoopi said yeah I know a couple to which Joy said I don't know anyone.   Maybe she was not there when Sunny said she's done that exact routine all her married life.

Oh my, really?  This makes me feel sad. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Cementhead said:
26 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Sunny said she's done that exact routine all her married life.

Oh my, really?  This makes me feel sad. 

Poor, poor Sunny...must be perfect in every way--the ways no one else cares about.   I have a friend like that...she even got up early-early while camping on the beach in Mexico to do her hair and makeup.  She was beautiful...far and away the prettiest of all (us with make-up, her without).

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

She looked great.  She had none of these things when she worked for CNN.  I am distracted by her appearance on this show, to be honest.

I agree with CementHead...very sad.   Her childhood insecurities have never left.   If we can't talk her out of everything, I choose EYELASHES as the first to go.  Reedikilus!

Too bad Joy can't talk her into therapy; she would learn A LOT and CHANGE a lot (and not merely hair/makeup).

• Love 9
5 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Maybe it's because I've never done any Christmas celebrations, but the Rudolph segment was a bit over the top for me. So much passion so much anger over this?

I love Christmas and with an 8 year who can't get enough Christmas music I'm definitely in a Christmas spirit , but wtf was the Rudolph segment? I understood the idea that some critics thought santa was a bully but why were they all being so passionate about it ?calm down ladies. 

Both Whoopi and Meghan seemed over the top giggles.  It felt like both smoked before  coming out.

Loved Joy's tribute.  She really is the star of this show. Shes the reason I started watching again. I loved that she referenced that the last time this kind of show happened she was fired 😂

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I know. I thought everyone knew that Sunny admitted to doing this. In the Netflix series, Frankie and Grace, Jane Fonda's character does this for a short time when she is dating a younger man. She later takes her make-up off and her hair extensions out in front of him, then shows him she needs to walk with a cane because she can't keep up the ruse.

Love this show.

• Love 6

Today's show reminded me so much of why I love Joy and think she's the best thing to come out of this show. Her discomfort with the attention she was getting is something I can relate to, but it is also really refreshing to see a celebrity be like that, deflecting compliments etc., because most of them (ahem Whoopi) attempt to look humble and fail pretty badly at it. Joy has a much better sense of herself. One of the people interviewed said Joy really does care about things, and I get this impression too. She cares about the world and it's not all wrapped up in her ego (again, Whoopi). It was also interesting to me how Ann spoke warmly of the fact that Joy will disagree with a person without making it feel personal and that they hate them.

For people who were curious about Joy and Ann's relationship, here is an interesting video from the last episode of Joy's show. I find Ann so problematic personally, but am fascinated by their dynamic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdZd2XGZzwE

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, SuzieSioux said:

Today's show reminded me so much of why I love Joy and think she's the best thing to come out of this show. Her discomfort with the attention she was getting is something I can relate to, but it is also really refreshing to see a celebrity be like that, deflecting compliments etc., because most of them (ahem Whoopi) attempt to look humble and fail pretty badly at it. Joy has a much better sense of herself. One of the people interviewed said Joy really does care about things, and I get this impression too. She cares about the world and it's not all wrapped up in her ego (again, Whoopi). It was also interesting to me how Ann spoke warmly of the fact that Joy will disagree with a person without making it feel personal and that they hate them.

For people who were curious about Joy and Ann's relationship, here is an interesting video from the last episode of Joy's show. I find Ann so problematic personally, but am fascinated by their dynamic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdZd2XGZzwE

I loved Joy's show. Who else could make Ann Coulter likeable. I'm glad she was on today, also Meredith made an appearance which was nice.

• Love 15

Nothing about Whoopi's hamming was entertaining to me, but MM says she thinks differently:

Meghan tweets: "I'm all for Whoopi starting the show with a retelling of a different Christmas story every single day until Christmas morning as far as I'm concerned"

Meghan's giggling at Whoopi's ridiculousness was just glorified sucking up. Nothing sincere about it. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I understood the idea that some critics thought santa was a bully but why were they all being so passionate about it ?

For some reason it's the "most beloved" Christmas cartoon made for television--even though we knew the song and story before the cartoon was made.  I think some of the panelists just didn't want ANY criticism of something they love.  They also got fun getting carried away with their defenses.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, HaaCHOO said:

For some reason it's the "most beloved" Christmas cartoon made for television--even though we knew the song and story before the cartoon was made.  I think some of the panelists just didn't want ANY criticism of something they love.  They also got fun getting carried away with their defenses.

Maybe, I still think a couple of them had some weed before the show.😀

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Definitely.       AND...regarding ugly Christmas sweaters: I don't think Whoopi meant/means for her creations to be "ugly," she just missed the mark on a few designs.  She'll get the panel's accolades on every one she wears this season, although I thought Joy was a bit quiet about today's.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I think so too. That segment was so cringey and it was making me mad. Yes, mad! I couldn't stand Whoopi's dramatics and Meghan' s giggling. Ugh!

The Marvelous...Maisel interview was so awkward. First Joy was trying to compliment the actress, but was insulting her at the same time. Then there were awkward pauses abound.

So what'd everyone think of Joy's burst of laughter at the end when Whoopi said "I hope this shows how we can all be friends."  Oh, Joy!

• Love 10

So I watched today and I have to say I’m VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED in you @17wheatthins for not catching and posting that SMEAR of RED 💄 above Meghan’s top lip during the WHOLE SHOW!😆😆😆🤣🤣😂😂 Though not as bad or obvious as 💄 on your teeth!

If we didn’t get Armisen, at least there was a two second clip of when he was on, impersonating Joy, and Joy showing up at the end.

And color me SHOCKED, but I was TEAMWHOOPI regarding the Rudolph “debate.” I’ve been bullied, so I know what it is. Those idiot reindeer were mean yes, but they just excluded him from the reindeer games. And Miss Sunny better look in the mirror before she starts throwing shade at Santa. This is the woman whose extensions get crazier, not to mention how much she’s changed her face.

Yes, it was unfortunate what Santa said; but he realized he was wrong. So, like Whoopi said: “WHAT’S THE PROBLEM?”

And for all certain someones who say about this being their favorite special, they know JACK SHIT. Hermie wasn’t a Dentist-he wanted TO BE a dentist. And it was Cornelius who removed the Abominable Snowman’s teeth, NOT Hermie.🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ans for all certain someones say about this being their favorite special, they know JACK SHIT. Hermie wasn’t a Dentist-he wanted TO BE a dentist. And it was Cornelius who removed the Abominable Snowman’s teeth, NOT Hermie.🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Hey, don't blame Sunny and Meghan! Blame the blue-card writer. 😉

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

A) WHY ARE YOUR POSTS SO LONG 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

B) Stagehand: "Meghan....oh, sorry, Ms McCain....you're needed on set, we're going live in 60 seconds"

Nutmeg: "How's my makeup?"

Stylist: ""You're all set!"

Nutmeg: "Imma get a quick selfie"

IMG_2897.PNG

And I love how you can see my Google search for this picture 😂😂😂😂😂😂

A) Eh? Is confoozed.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’ve been bullied, so I know what it is.

And I've BEEN a bully!   I'm the eldest of three sisters, close in age.  It was my J-O-B to take care of them before/after school, so some bullying was required because I wasn't allowed to spank.

9 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

My husband know that I love the ugly sweater, told me yesterday to buy one if she donates proceeds to charity and if she doesn't F her.  I don't think she does.

Are you sure she hasn't set up a charitable foundation to support her daughter and all other hangers-on?  

• Love 5

Ann Coulter became a lot more emboldened as her fame grew, and at some point she figured out she could make more money by being outrageous than as a reasonable pundit. I think when she first met Joy, she was still in the latter category (she often appeared on "Politically Incorrect" to spar with Bill Maher). I still like she was in the segment; after all, to be praised by both Ann Coulter and Gloria Steinem has to count for something.

Edited by JakeyJokes
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes, it was unfortunate what Santa said; but he realized he was wrong. So, like Whoopi said: “WHAT’S THE PROBLEM?”

My beef with the Rudolph cartoon is that Santa unilaterally decides to cancel Christmas because there will be no presents.  Is that the message for kids?  Christmas is all about the presents?  The Grinch would like a word with you, Santa.

• Love 6

Yes, I think Abby is definitely pregnant again.  

She sits back in her chair to make room. Her bump is apparent, even though she may not be far along, cuz when you get pregnant soon after the first baby,  the leftover tummy tends to hang on.  

I bet she is waiting to announce it for medical reasons, but I think we will hear about it soon. 

Did she say more than 1 sentence yesterday?  

I know MM dominates with her noise, but Abby is also a waste of space.  Her "view" is no view, just voicing  a nothing statement (with some gravitas,  like that makes it important), such as, "We'll soon see how this plays out."  Gah! 

So many more dynamic female (real) achievers out there whose views would be actually interesting or novel. 

Sigh. 

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Yes, I think Abby is definitely pregnant again.  

She sits back in her chair to make room. Her bump is apparent, even though she may not be far along, cuz when you get pregnant soon after the first baby,  the leftover tummy tends to hang on.  

I bet she is waiting to announce it for medical reasons, but I think we will hear about it soon. 

Did she say more than 1 sentence yesterday?  

I know MM dominates with her noise, but Abby is also a waste of space.  Her "view" is no view, just voicing  a nothing statement (with some gravitas,  like that makes it important), such as, "We'll soon see how this plays out."  Gah! 

So many more dynamic female (real) achievers out there whose views would be actually interesting or novel. 

Sigh. 

Speaking of Abby, I think it is funny that Jedidiah now has her old job on Fox News...lol

• Love 6
12 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

A) WHY ARE YOUR POSTS SO LONG 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I know this was good-natured teasing of @GHScorpiosRule, because you were trying to pare down what you were going to quote, but I'd like to go out on a limb (which would have been well-meaning boards-on-boards) at TWoP. (And it's not directed at you or Scorp.)

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

I caught up with this whole thread today and was struck by some earlier, moving posts about losing loved ones, hospice care, etc. I have no beef with any of the content. I appreciate the candor.

However, the lack of paragraph breaks is killing me, Smalls.

Online readers need "white space" (i.e. empty space). There were a few posts I really wanted to get through, but before I was halfway done with any of them, my eyes wanted to quit.

TL;DR: Online, throw out what you learned in school about paragraph structure and paragraph length. Also, double line breaks are your friend.

This next quote has nothing to do with the paragraph length subject, but I will note it is about as long as I would go with an online paragraph. That is, I didn't even think about the length of it, until I noticed its positioning in my post (and didn't want @njbchlover to think I was using the post as an example). 

On 11/26/2018 at 3:34 PM, njbchlover said:

The thing that gets me with Meghan and her grief is that while we can all relate to what she is going through, and feel empathetic towards her, what she is dealing with is something personal.  She is, supposedly, a professional, and as such, should behave professionally.  She needs to learn how to separate her personal feelings and her professional persona.  Meghan does not know how to do that.  She has no idea how to keep her personal grief (anger) out of her professional appearance, and that is what pisses me off.  There are times when you have to put on your big girl panties and stop acting like the world revolves around you and your feelings - learn how to behave professionally, if only for appearance's sake.  

I think my Meghan McCain disdain is well established here, so I'll go out on a limb and say that I think a daytime talk show host noting a holiday was difficult for her, because of her grief, is far more professional (and better content in my minority-pov) than Sunny saying she and Manny have sex in every room in their house.

I love Joy, but I never needed her to tell me she watches soft-core porn.

I am tired of Whoopi winking and nodding about her drug use.

Abby bores the stuffing out of me, but so far, she's been relatively professional, which I didn't think about until this second. 

On 11/26/2018 at 7:04 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't consider anything about Sunny's comments to be homophobic. Her criticism of physical intimacy is pretty consistent with other commentary she's given on the show (she even brought up the condoms in high school bathrooms again today). I personally don't mind that conservative side of her when it comes to watching people kiss, make out, etc., but YMMV.

She couched her homophobia. She is probably even in denial about it. As far as I can remember, Sunny has never objected to scenes of straight people kissing on TV, so what she did here was employ hyperbole, so that a sweet smooch was suddenly "making out," and then went off about how she's tired of people making out/making out on TV.

This is the woman who got all into The Bachelor (or Bachelorette) after she watched the final and texted with MM about it.

This is the woman who poisoned my brain with her bragging that she and Manny aspire to/have accomplished having sex in every room of their house.

And if she thinks her kids (who go to school) don't understand that some people are attracted to people of the same sex, the Juvederm has gone to her damned brain.

22 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I'm tired of Whoopie using this show to advertise her tacky sweaters every year.

Barbara Walters was a self-confessed shameless self-promoter and encouraged the co-hosts to use the show to self-promote. Her philosophy was along the lines of, "If you don't promote yourself, who will promote you?" I think that probably developed because she made a name for herself in TV news, when the gig was pretty much all white men. 

18 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sunny seems like a stepford wife at times who wants to please her man. I remember how she accepted being called pro-choice and the next day she reversed course and doubled down. I remember she said that she wanted 4 kids, but, her husband balked at the idea and she only had the 2 kids that he wanted. Sunny is a very traditional woman.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. I suspect Manny is more (innately) conservative than Sunny, and she is easily swayed from her own beliefs by him. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Love 9