Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/26/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, ABitOFluff said:

I couldn't believe she brought Leo into this. He's literally one person everyone's rightwing, drunk uncle brings up when they want to bitch about "the Hollywood elite". She Her husband should at least try to be more original. 

Fixed that for you. 

• Love 24

Meghan looked more like a hapless idiot than usual when Joy said, “I don’t like Al  Gore either.”   The only other name her husband had written on her blue card was Leo De Caprio, so, she had to keep repeating Al Gore, even though Joy had already said she doesn’t care what Al Gore has to say.

• Love 18

Outside of yesterday and Friday, I thought this week would be boring so I haven't been watching. Bernie is interesting, but I suspected that he'd praise Meghan's dad and he did. Everything else seemed ho-hum, but now I'm regretting my choice if today looked fun.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, ABitOFluff said:

I couldn't believe she brought Leo into this. He's literally one person everyone's rightwing, drunk uncle brings up when they want to bitch about "the Hollywood elite". She should at least try to be more original. 

I thought it was George Clooney who was the go to out of touch Hollywood liberal for the right wing.

19 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The EPA was created by Nixon a Republican who was a proponent of the environment, so when did the Republicans become so anti-environment, it makes no sense to me. 

Money.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, rickhurst3186 said:

I wish Barbara Walters could get 5 minutes alone with Megs. That would straighten her ass up!

The "old" Barbara Walters...not today's old Barbara Walters.

I want to cut and paste 80% of the comments here and send them to ABC, Disney, and...the writers of SNL to give them some ideas.   I'll think about it............

Edited by HaaCHOO
bolding
  • Love 17

It's difficult trying to follow anything going on with all the rambling & yelling - but - do I have this right?

Al Gore & Leo D. are doing some anti-environmental things - the US is going to meet the emission standards set by the Paris Accord - therefore we can all relax & stop worrying about climate change, clean air, clean water, fossil fuel damage?

Is that what MM was advocating/preaching/screeching? I can't shake my head hard enough!!

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, Marathonrunner said:

Al Gore & Leo D. are doing some anti-environmental things - the US is going to meet the emission standards set by the Paris Accord - therefore we can all relax & stop worrying about climate change, clean air, clean water, fossil fuel damage?

All funded by George  Soros I'm sure. 😀

• Love 14

Meghan needs to take an extended leave because she isn't handling her grief well.  I'm dreading the Holiday show next month and having Meghan be a killjoy during the Darlene Love traditional/yearly appearance.

Sadly, Meghan has a view that seems to be shared with a lot of people in real life (on both sides of the aisle, mind you)... who talks without listening nor conceding when they are wrong. 

In regards to EPA and Republicans, My mom told me a story once about Nixon/EPA where he had called for energy conservation.. and the town she grew up in decided to not have Christmas lights up on houses nor their downtown in order to contribute to energy conservation.  I  did like that it was pointed out that Trumps own Admin released the climate change report so Meghan couldn't use her 'liberal' agenda argument that she always loves to use.

Remember guys when the View used to be enjoyable to watch and/or make fun of?

• Love 19

Another show where MM comes out with such an angry face, sits down and changes to scowling face.  She seems to come in ready to disagree with anyone about anything!  I'm waiting for the day that Whoopie does her usual "Welcome to the View" and suddenly MM will jump up and say, "NO! You're not welcome!  You are all mean to me!"

I just found it interesting that they thought talking about climate change there would be a real group agreement since it affects EVERYONE (not just the right - not just the left, not just "white" people, not just minorities) and somehow MM made it right/left!!  She focused on blaming it on individual PRIVATE citizens and their actions, all the while shrieking, "I believe in climate change." And I loved that Joy said something like, "They're not in office."  Plus - (as someone said - I can't remember who, except it wasn't MM!) the orange guy has single-handedly dismantled regulations from the past administration that protected ALL of us from harmful emissions in water and air, as well as protect national lands. 

• Love 21

BW having a talk with MM on professionalism is much needed but these days the show seems to love conflict and disrespect. 

How great would it be for BW to be there tomorrow for Joy. But unfortunately I doubt it will happen.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

And thank God for Sunny reminding Meggie and the other “BUT OBAMA” folks that Pres. Obama is no longer in office. Also good on Whoopi for reminding Meghan that Pres. Obama’s nickname was “Deporter In Chief.” 

SHUT.

UP.

MEGHAN.

Meghan is just pointing out  the hypocritical, partisan and selective outrage of Sunny, Whoopi and Joy. When Obama was president and he was criticized by Elizabeth Hasselback, Whoopi and Joy would often describe something similar that Bush did. How is this any different? It isn’t. It happens all the time. It didn’t seem to matter to Whoopi and Joy that Bush was no longer in office, but now, suddenly it is important. This is the hypocrisy that Meghan is referring to. I really don’t understand why this concept is so hard for people to understand. 

Edited by PeterBrady
Typos
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

She is an heiress who grew up in a rich entitled conservative bubble and is not emotionally equipped to deal with people and situations from outside her native bubble. 

MM said no one would pick her to even play Dodgeball in school.  They were all afraid of repercussions if any of them hit her...and she was probably a slow and easy target.

She has obviously been treated with kid gloves by The View's producers and panelists.  Perhaps they've all decided it's been long enough*.  The wardrobe people got the memo...maybe wrote the memo way earlier.  

*I know most of US have!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

MM said no one would pick her to even play Dodgeball in school.  They were all afraid of repercussions if any of them hit her...and she was probably a slow and easy target.

During that topic, she also said most people realize when they suck at something and give it up, which continues her lack of self-awareness considering she bombs at daytime TV everyday.

• Love 24

What's wrong with AlJazeera? I don't get Meghan's point there. So what if he sold his channel to them?

As for Leo Dicaprio, his documentary acknowledged his own hypocrisy of using planes while trying to combat climate change and how naive he was/is about the issue. But it also stated that the problem isn't from an individual level but from a corporate/state level. We can all try to reduce our waste and change our light bulbs, but if things are not being done at a higher level then everyone is doomed.

I'm glad the rest of the table understood that this wasn't a left right issue. Who cares what Leo or Al Gore is saying? Like Joy said, they don't make the policies the president does.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

And she’s so friggin rude. Screaming at the audience to stop clapping so she could talk? Really? So she’s rude to the staff, her coworkers, the guests, AND the audience and she still has a job? I guess she’s going to have to say something REALLY stupid a la Roseanne style to finally get kicked off. With all of her temper tantrums, it’s coming.

I'm beginning to think her husband has mapped out a strategy (his own blue cards) to get her fired.  It won't be called "fired," and it certainly won't be blamed on Meghan.  She'll suddenly have "other wonderful opportunities.*" She wants to be a television star, but she doesn't like this because it's haaarrrrrrrd and it's not faaaaiiiir!  Her name and connections will get her some other on-air job until she screws up that one too.  (I bolded AngelsMom1009)

*HINT:  Jedediah left to write a book.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

I have to leave soon but I'm blown away about the discussion of a shut down and  of course her concern is Veterans but her saying have you seen the picture of little boy wanting/ trying to get in the zoo to see the panda. No I didn't I've seen too many pictures of children being gassed and in cages and sobbing because they are seperated from parents. 

Fuck you and your heart breaking Panda zoo let down. 

OH, please tweet this to her.  This perfectly illustrates how tone deaf she is..

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

During that topic, she also said most people realize when they suck at something and give it up, which continues her lack of self-awareness considering she bombs at daytime TV everyday.

It's every day with Meghan. Yesterday she was basically belittling Joy for not being an EGOT winner and yet what accomplishments has Meghan earned on her own?  All I can say is she most have been told constantly growing up what a pretty princess she is. She really does act and think like a spoiled preschooler.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, rcc said:

How great would it be for BW to be there tomorrow for Joy. But unfortunately I doubt it will happen.

I am afraid of how frail and out of it BW is nowadays. She wasn’t her best at the end of her run on the show, I shudder to think how much she’s aged since retiring.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

But more importantly, Meghan had no point to make.

Yep. In a nutshell. I tune her out as best I can.

Odds and ends:

-Anyone else think Megan's voice sounds like Karen on 'Will and Grace'? Acceptable on a comedy, not in real life when one's job is... talking.

-'The View' has too many commercials, too often. They just get a topic started, and then have to break. Annoying.

-Loved Sunny and Joy today.

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

You know everyone has been giving Meghan a lot of leeway concerning her grieving.  She was even given an extended leave by the show to grieve.  There is no doubt in my mind that she is grieving, however, I have come to the conclusion that even if her father was alive and well, she’d still have a shitty personality.

Her behavior is consistently horrid.  Who else yells at the audience to stop clapping?  Yep. No one.

Meghan: "Stop clapping until I'm done talking!"

Audience, : "No, if we clap after you talk, you'd think we were clapping for YOU." 

• Love 20

Ugh, I even went into today's show trying to give everyone a chance, but Meghan just got so histrionic it was impossible. I, too, am sick of all this whataboutism and was glad Joy called it out, but I did start off the show trying to consider the points everyone was making. I don't think it's necessarily always bad to point it out, or can be interesting sometimes at least (for example, I'm as big a lefty as they come, but I do remember thinking it was curious how some of the biggest voices against Bush and war crimes/human rights abuses seemed to fade out in the face of Obama's drone strikes), but any goodwill I had at the start of the show disappeared pretty quickly when Meghan flat out lied that she always concedes when Republicans are wrong and she wishes those on the left would do the same. I found that a ridiculous way to characterise Joy, someone who in general does do that. Plus as @RHJunkie pointed out, the other women didn't know about the tear gas, how would they have had a chance to be hypocritical about it?

And then the climate change topic, oh my god! My ears! You know, Abby is looking better all the time just by comparison to her screechy "friend". LOL at Meghan virtually stomping her feet and pouting at the table when the others say: "Climate change is not a left-right issue", with her basically responding: "I see it as a left-right issue". That's because that's the only lens she views anything through. When she doesn't have an identity of course everything she sees has to be the one thing she feels she was "born into". Ugh, and admonishing the audience for clapping. Go away Meghan!

Did anyone catch which sister was in the audience today? Was it nutty Liddy? She looked a lot more down to earth than Abby. Of course I am totally judging by appearances and a brief 2 second clip I saw, haha.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

It's every day with Meghan. Yesterday she was basically belittling Joy for not being an EGOT winner and yet what accomplishments has Meghan earned on her own?  All I can say is she most have been told constantly growing up what a pretty princess she is. She really does act and think like a spoiled preschooler.

That's giving preschoolers a bad rep. They're much better behaved--and certainly kinder--than the McCain heiress.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, tribeca said:

It kind of got lost but what was Abby saying about her dads tweet ?   Joy seemed so annoyed with that and the show today.  

From memory it was something about how when he ran for president he wouldn't have won anyway, but his tweet particularly hurt his chances because he said he believed in evolution and climate change. Then Joy questioned whether we believe the scientists or the guy who stared directly into a solar eclipse.

• Love 20

Meghan sounded ridiculous saying Al Gore and Leonardo DiCaprio over and over again when bitching about the left being hypocritical about climate change. She just wouldn't let it go.  I guess she thinks it's worse to be in favor of making changes to combat climate change and not live up to her high standards than do nothing to help the earth survive.

• Love 13

I still haven't watched since Sara's last day, but am trying to psych myself to watch Joy's anniversary show tomorrow. However I really am not looking forward to seeing/hearing Screechy McCain.  Does anyone think there's any chance she might try to act like a normal person tomorrow, and maybe even show a bit of respect towards Joy?

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I still haven't watched since Sara's last day, but am trying to psych myself to watch Joy's anniversary show tomorrow. However I really am not looking forward to seeing/hearing Screechy McCain.  Does anyone think there's any chance she might try to act like a normal person tomorrow, and maybe even show a bit of respect towards Joy?

No.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, BradleyK said:

I Guess shes going to be in a foul mood tomorrow as the show will be for Joy,maybe it might be asking for too much but can we have Anna turn up a day early?

Welcome!    I love this idea...especially if Meghan is somehow "unable to appear."

• Love 9
2 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

My ears! You know, Abby is looking better all the time just by comparison to her screechy "friend".

And that, my friend, is saying A LOT !!!

3 hours ago, SunFun said:

-Anyone else think Megan's voice sounds like Karen on 'Will and Grace'? Acceptable on a comedy, not in real life when one's job is... talking.

Yes...but with a MEG-aphone!

• Love 7