Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/26/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Hey Mrs. Buffy....do it for Joy...she is after all the Queen of all Things that are Correct.....we need to honor her! Hey watch so we can all suffer together...I couldn't get beyond ten minutes today with that ugly blond drunk screaming at my Joy. 

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

A couple things come to mind about Meghan's behavior lately:

• Any time you have a job where you walk in pissed off and have to take breaks to cry probably isn't a good fit.

Also, when you're pissed 99% of the time during the 2.2 hours that your job takes, that is an issue.

Wonder what she is like during their "morning meeting"? Nah, on second thought I don't care.

• Love 9

yeah that picture was about 100 lbs ago. I ain't fat shaming, I'm just HATING on that smug bitch. Okay I've had my gin and tonics and can now fast forward through today's show...I  love the Queer guys....their new show is so sweet....I actually love it. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

A message easily falls on deaf ears when you try to point out hypocrisy that you are guilty of yourself. Sometimes the messenger does matter. Anyone who watches this show knows that all of the women have bias, it's why it's 'their view'. I don't think it's necessary for someone who is guilty of inconsistency and whataboutism to tell others to be consistent and not play whataboutism. It's really that simple. But more importantly, Meghan had no point to make. She was asking the women to concede that they gave Obama a pass while holding Trump's feet to the fire over child separation. All of the women admitted that they didn't even know about the tear gas until now so how can they concede that they gave Obama a pass at the time it was happening? It was unbeknownst to them so they aren't on record trying to defend tear gassing children during his Presidency. The only thing the women could do was concede that that the tear gassing was bad - which they all did. In Sunny's case, she seemed defiant not to allow the Obama news distract from the heightened, unprecedented abuses happening right now hence Sunny's 'I don't care about Obama'.

I'm going to roast the hell out of Meghan about this climate change topic. What the fuck are you even trying to say? You're trying to discredit climate change and the science behind it by pointing out that leftists who are climate change supporters don't live in tents and hug trees and have a carbon footprint of 0? How does any of this address the realities of climate change being vastly accelerated by human activity? But maybe also pick up a book - 70% of environmental impacts come from corporations mainly in the oil and gas sector which is in large part due to the lack of regulations put in place by governments to use natural resources responsibly. How the hell are you going to compare private citizens and their choice of transportation to an entire conglomerate of an industry that is the almost solely responsible for the decline of our environment? Learn some math - the celebrity leftists not flying in private planes is barely going to put a dent in the numbers you fucking moron. Thank you Sunny for bringing it back to Sanders comments...THAT was the topic to discuss so if you believe in climate change, you should be talking about how off the mark Sanders was...but instead you talk about leftists celebrities in private planes...I'm sorry, what were you saying the segment before about conceding when Republicans say and do dumb shit? Let's derail the whole topic and attribute the leftist position on climate change to the personal decisions of Al Gore and Leonardo DiCaprio. Can't no one tell me Meghan McCain isn't 75% dumbass.

The stupid gender reveal mishap...that's 100% dumbass right there.

^^^^  I couldn't (I really couldn't) have said it better!!  Well done!!  ^^^^

• Love 9
4 hours ago, BradleyK said:

It is almost bad irony that for someone so self centered,she wont give her own view - its always "middle america" or the "red states" view,just BS she uses to cover the fact it is her own view but despite her being such a "tough chick" shes too thin skinned to stick by her own view & claim ownership when it comes to bite her on her backside.

She also claims to speak for "Republicans" and once screeched that "someone has to speak for Republicans" on a day when both Ana & Abby were there with only Joy & Sunny to represent the non-Republicans.

• Love 14

Ok, this is my theory of why Megs continually mentions her dad and wants everyone to wallow in her grief with her:  Meghan has only gotten jobs because of her familial  connection to Senator (two time Presidential candidate) John McCain.  She has no experience other than being close to his campaigns. Once that connection has been broken she realizes that she has no more real ties to ANYTHING political any more than I do.  Rather than trying to make a name for herself on her own she is instead trying to keep her dad alive through her tears and anger, and she realizes her days are numbered. Through the loss of John McCain Meghan has become irrelevant. Just my opinion. 

Edited by rickhurst3186
Grammar Correction
  • Love 17
55 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Ok, this is my theory of why Megs continually mentions her dad and wants everyone to wallow in her grief with her:  Meghan only has only gotten jobs because of the connection to Senator (two time Presidential candidate) John McCain.  She has no experience other than being close to his campaigns. Once that connection has been broken she realizes that she has no more real ties to ANYTHING political any more than I do.  Rather than trying to make a name for herself on her own but instead trying to keep her dad alive through her tears and anger, she realizes her days are numbered. Through the loss of John McCain Meghan has become irrelevant. Just my opinion. 

One of the sad things about this is I'm sure I remember around the time she first came onto the scene, around 2007/2008, she was going around as an example of the sort of kinder, younger, more progressive Republicans out there in contrast to the Bush Republicans. Tracey Ullman even did a sketch imitating Meghan with a whole bunch of others in a makeup room, including Rachel Maddow, Christiane Amanpour, Arianna Huffington and Barney Frank  (all played by Tracey too) where they kept referring to her as their "little Democrat" while Meghan half-heartedly insisted: "I'm a Republican, guys! A Republican!" Perhaps if she had stayed true to this version of herself (and not gotten involved with her far right husband) she could've made a name for herself as someone pushing for a more modern, centrist Republican Party against the swerve to the far right that has taken place. Then she could maybe have been seen more on her own merits.

Edited by SuzieSioux
Can't spell Arianna.
  • Love 15

Try watching today's show from another room. MM's screeching voice can travel through several rooms I tell Ya! 

I already put in my requests for 2 shows for January. Now my dad and sister want to go. Fingers crossed! Hehe

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • Love 19
17 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:
17 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

AL GORE!  AL GORE!  AL GORE!  AL GORE!  AL GORE!  AL GORE!  AL GORE!  Jesus.  Shut up, Meghan!!!

Leonardo DiCaprio! Don't forget Leonardo DiCaprio!

What the hell has Leonardo DiCaprio done to her?  Does MM not have nieces and nephews?  Does she not know that these kids will face the storm THAT IS COMING?

I was disappointed in Joy for saying to shut down the government - that is not the answer.  Mueller must not be stopped and the shut down will curtail his movements.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, PeterBrady said:

Meghan is just pointing the hypocritical, partisan and selective outrage of Sunny, Whoopi and Joy. When Obama was president and he was criticized by Elizabeth Hasselback, Whoopi and Joy would often describe something similar that Bush did. How is this any different? It isn’t. Ihappens all the time. It didn’t seem matter to Whoopi and Joy that Bush was no longer in office, but now, suddenly it is important. This is the hypocrisy that Meghan is referring to. I really don’t understand why this concept is so hard for people to understand. 

It's always hypocritical, because both sides do this and then romanticize past leaders. Everyone, including Bush, Clinton and Obama, have done messed up stuff. The problem is that it was more hush hush so not everyone knew about it. The ladies said that they didn't know that tear gas was used before and that's a problem.

I don't like Trump, but I do appreciate that his bad actions are so transparent. While we still don't know everything, we do hear a lot and that's a good thing. Hopefully this level of transparency continues and doesn't stop once he leaves office.

That being said, what is happening now is happening now, so talking about the past isn't ideal. I hate to bring up another show, but the Real managed to have a better conversation about this issue than the View.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
tear gas isn't year has
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

Clearly she has been trying to become some type of celebrity for a long long time...

I think once Meghan realized being "a new type of a Republican" wasn't getting her the fame she wanted she switched tactics and moved farther right.   Honestly I think Meghan is just a spoiled privileged rich kid who wants to do as little as possible and still be considered a success.   She goes to college and majors in art history and as far as I know has not had any job related to that.  Her family's money comes from beer distributing and she drinks a lot so I guess you could say she is contributing to that.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I was disappointed in Joy for saying to shut down the government - that is not the answer.  Mueller must not be stopped and the shut down will curtail his movements.

I think Joy was just calling his bluff, cuz she's tired of the BS.  Plus, as someone on the panel mentioned, that after a shutdown in the past, the party in charge was slammed in elections.  The very idea of a government shut-down is ridiculous, but MM was ridiculously virulent about it.  I wish Joy or anyone on the panel would ask her if she is ever happy about anything in politics.  

MM is ridiculous in many ways. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I think Joy was just calling his bluff, cuz she's tired of the BS.  Plus, as someone on the panel mentioned, that after a shutdown in the past, the party in charge was slammed in elections.  The very idea of a government shut-down is ridiculous, but MM was ridiculously virulent about it.  I wish Joy or anyone on the panel would ask her if she is ever happy about anything in politics.  

I agree with your assessment.  She was totally calling his bluff.  Let him do it.  Maybe once he can follow up with something.  

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I wish Joy or anyone on the panel would ask her if she is ever happy about anything in politics.  

Or if she is ever happy about anything.  The only thing I have ever seen her happy about was Erika Jayne coming on the show for her birthday.

• Love 10
44 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I wish Joy or anyone on the panel would ask her if she is ever happy about anything in politics.  

In watching older clips of her, it appears she became increasingly angry and unhappy as the years passed... 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 8

As hideous as NutMeg has looked in the past - on too many occasions to numerate - today she has outdone herself.  Not only does she look absolutely ridiculous, she also looks HUGE.   Not that I feel sorry for her At.All, but how could she allow herself to go on air looking like that?!?!  She must be drunk; that's the only thing that could explain this hot mess.

Edited to add:  Her makeup, at least, is very pretty.  And she looks good in red.  See?  I can be nice.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Ladyrain said:

As hideous as NutMeg has looked in the past - on too many occasions to numerate - today she has outdone herself.  Not only does she look absolutely ridiculous, she also looks HUGE.   Not that I feel sorry for her At.All, but how could she allow herself to go on air looking like that?!?!  She must be drunk; that's the only thing that could explain this hot mess.

You beat me to it. I try not to pick on her size, as I'm not a small gal myself but I know what works and what doesn't - that over-sized sweater is horrendous and makes her look huuuge. I'm thoroughly convinced that the fashion department or whomever is dressing her hates her. 

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Edited to add:  Her makeup, at least, is very pretty.  And she looks good in red.  See?  I can be nice.

WHAT?    You aren't going out and buying a Whoopi Goldberg Christmas sweater?   

Seriously, the oversize sweater over leggings is a cute look on SOME people.  But on others, it gives the image of a candy apple on 2 sticks.image.png.94bb8f7ea83aa7ea789720bd0306b0bd.png

$99 at Zappos

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I try not to pick on her size, as I'm not a small gal myself but I know what works and what doesn't

I've watched the show for almost twenty years and I have seen a lot of cohosts come and go and Meghan is the only one who has a horrible wardrobe.  Star Jones was  heavy and I thought she was always dressed nicely.  I totally agree someone in wardrobe hates Meghan.

3 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Seriously, the oversize sweater over leggings is a cute look on SOME people. 

I love long sweaters over leggings.  Especially this time of year with boots.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I was enjoying the 20-year-look back on Joy's career until Ann Coutler popped up on my screen - ughhhh!

Other than that, I got chills! I friggin' loveeeeeeee Joy, always and forever!!!!

Does Joy and Ann coulter have a real friendship? If so, that is awesome and it is telling that Joy can find common ground with somebody as loathsome as Anne.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

She's a national treasure. I love her so much!

Definitely, me too.  I was so pissed when she was fired in 2013, and over the moon (she's the only reason I'm watching now) when re-hired in 2015. 

• Love 12
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

Does Joy and Ann coulter have a real friendship? If so, that is awesome and it is telling that Joy can find common ground with somebody as loathsome as Anne.

Honestly I was wondering the same thing after seeing how glowingly Ann talked about her. Very surprising, tbh. I have many, many issues with Ann but she seemed genuine in the way she talked about Joy.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Honestly I was wondering the same thing after seeing how glowingly Ann talked about her. Very surprising, tbh. I have many, many issues with Ann but she seemed genuine in the way she talked about Joy.

Joy has mentioned having Ann on her HLN talk show...that she was fun and smart and they always had good conversations.  They probably both have "issues" with each other, but they're intelligent women who love to spar.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Maybe it's because I've never done any Christmas celebrations, but the Rudolph segment was a bit over the top for me. So much passion so much anger over this?

I changed the channel during that segment. I don't get it either.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Megan needs to take a lesson on that, you can find common ground with somebody that does not share your political beliefs.  

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Star Jones was  heavy and I thought she was always dressed nicely.  I totally agree someone in wardrobe hates Meghan.

Meghan must have some picture in her mind that she can't let go.   Or maybe Star's figure was more proportional...though very overweight.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

WHAT?    You aren't going out and buying a Whoopi Goldberg Christmas sweater?

I can draw better than Whoopi and the thought of creating something for display/sale (or gifts to my family) would never enter my mind.  Her stuff is very amateurish...but it helps me to continually recall "The Emperor's New Clothes," and stifle myself.   ETA:  The candy cane is fine.

Edited by HaaCHOO
Candy Cane
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Joy has mentioned having Ann on her HLN talk show...that she was fun and smart and they always had good conversations.  They probably both have "issues" with each other, but they're intelligent women who love to spar.

Yeah, I guess I say I'm surprised because Ann has some pretty extreme views and her twitter feed is knee-deep in conspiracy theories but if she and Joy can find some common ground I'm here for it. 

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I will never tire of seeing that clip where Joy and Whoopi walk off stage in reaction to that pig Bill O'Reilly.

I remember Baba wawa was so angry at them for doing that. She admonished them on the air and I hated that it validated Bill.. 

• Love 18
Just now, TV Diva Queen said:

and expensive too.  I love me an ugly Christmas sweater, but not for $99 I don't.

Whoopie is very greedy and she always makes it a point to advertise them on late night shows.  She did rounds last year and the year before that.. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I've watched the show for almost twenty years and I have seen a lot of cohosts come and go and Meghan is the only one who has a horrible wardrobe.  Star Jones was  heavy and I thought she was always dressed nicely.  I totally agree someone in wardrobe hates Meghan.

I love long sweaters over leggings.  Especially this time of year with boots.

That's always been my Christmas/New Year's "uniform"!!!

• Love 4