Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Not So Silent Night

• Start Topic

Exactly LOL  Lizzie is apparently taking lessons from Kenya

I think they learned by being in pageants. I hear there's a lot of that kind of backbiting behind the scenes.

I don't think Tamra and "eloquent" have met each other, nor will they in this lifetime.

Nor has she met "tete a tete", apparently.

• Love 1

Not strange to me that Heather would tell Tamra that there are no sides to pick, and then later exhort her to choose one. She contradicts herself all the time (you are the company you keep vs. "Don't lump me in with Tamra and Gretchen" even as I insert myself into arguments involving them; "if everyone says something about you," it must be true vs. "you did this" vs. there are no hard realities but "perceptions"). Sounds pretty standard as far as her bullshit ("watch your language" vs. repeated uses of "shit") goes. One thing I don't understand is that she and Lauri both seem like women capable of some degree of reasoning; as concerned as Heather was last season about peddling a calculated image of her family, what would possess her to think calling other people morons would be endearing? It recalls Lauri's evident conviction that viewers would be behind her anti-Vicki crusade.

• Love 2

Heather talks to her castmates as if they are all 5 years old.

Wellll, intellectually speaking............

I also apologize to all the 5 year olds for that disparaging remark.

• Love 10

Tamra finally put up a blog (it has been a few weeks). There is a lot of blah, blah, blah about the whole segment on Heather's show and why Tamra was pissed off, but bottom line she says she now believes Heather was telling the truth. No mention of the "picking a side" deal.

To poster above, I couldn't believe it when Vicki said to that man, you don't look gay!  My jaw literally dropped.  I was fascinated by Tamra's face.  It seemed like the only thing moving was her mouth.  It was weird looking.

Ryan is a grade "A" idiot.  Just like his mother.  Dude, you are having heart palpitations and are still taking HGH? ummmm...I guess he just chalks that up to a side effect of the adderal or meth he is also obviously partaking in.  Retelling the story to Eddie, Tamara said "that's a lot of health problems for a 28 year old KID".  That's the problem right there.  He is not a child, and as long as he's coddled and treated like one, he will act like an entitled jerk.  He has zero accomplishments of his own and therefore zero self esteem.  She must be really hard up for $$$ if she's going to ride Heather like that.  Speaking of Heather, what a two faced bitch.  Does she not realize she is ON CAMERA? Terry prancing in there like To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar!!!! "Did someone beckon Mizzzz Terrrryyyy?"  Fool, keep stepping, you are way too extra.  In the words of Mrs. Lenethia Leakes: Stop trying to be a damn bitch!!!

What's with all these cast members and their crazy Ramona eyes?  Heather and Shannon looked so Ramona fashion show backwards necklace crazy last night.  They should put Kristen, Ramona, Heather and Shannon in a room and let them all have a staring contest.  

Hate me for it, but I'm kinda liking David.  Maybe I just pity him.

Vicki came off as semi sane, which is INsane.

And Lizzie, she is a real Fellini character---those big lips, cat eyes and huge breasts.  I have to admit, I just want to smell her cleavage.  I bet it smells like a newborn babies head, or something equally delightful.  

I was hoping we were going to get to see Tamara turn trailer park and run screaming, guess that's probably going to be a couple episodes from now.

Anyone missing Gretchen?  And Slade? 

• Love 1

Quote- misschung   "Man, Heather is getting the worst edit ever this season.  Did she dent Andy's car or something?"

Quote- urusai           "I think she may have stepped on Waka's tail."

This had me laughing so hard.. too funny

sorry I still haven't figured out how to properly quote yet

• Love 1

Heather may be currently getting the bitch edit but she's also getting the Bravo HBIC placement as the center orange in the RHoOC photo line ups. I was surprised it wasn't Vicki or Tamra. I think we'll see a redemption soon, well maybe...

To poster above, I couldn't believe it when Vicki said to that man, you don't look gay!  My jaw literally dropped.  I was fascinated by Tamra's face.  It seemed like the only thing moving was her mouth.  It was weird looking.

Who was with Vicki when this happened? I remember it was right after she said something else ridiculous to this complete stranger. It was CLASSIC Vicki, and the person next to her seemed incredulous.

I wasn't offended by it, and I say that as a feminine gay man who has dated men who aren't so feminine. It's sadly not an uncommon reaction when you introduce a gay man to people and he doesn't look or act like gays you've seen on TV. That all being said, I probably found it oddly endearing because it was Vicki Gunvalson. Social faux pas and awkward comments are what makes her Vicki.

LOVED Heather's "If you think I'm talking to you like you're a moron ... you probably are. I'm surprised by how much I am enjoying her this season. And I like Shannen and Tamara, too!

• Love 4

I cannot help myself, but I just really like Terry, and have from the beginning. I know he can be elitist, but he seems like a really nice guy to me. I imagine him as a somewhat nerdy guy who always wanted to be a jock but just wasn't. I think he genuinely likes people and wants to be liked back. I was struck by how gracious he was at Shannon's first dinner party - the way he just went on and on about the food. Nothing makes a hostess feel better. He did it again on this episode, saying it was the best food he had ever had (I am sure Heather just loves to hear that, although she admits she is not a good cook). He seems to try to get along with everyone and likes to get to know everyone. I also found it amusing that he was trying to have actual dinner party conversation at this party - asking folks what they would save in their house if it was on fire. Yes, it is trite and we have all played that game before, but how unusual to actually hear someone trying to engage others in converstation and do something besides engage in petty banter on this show.

• Love 3
(edited)

It worked once for me, I hit the quotation symbol on the post.  

Did anyone else catch Tamballs calling Lizzie's husband "messy hair" when Lizzie was wondering why she didn't have a drink?  Tamra, "Where's messy hair?"   She's one to talk.  

Someone asked if Sophie was at the hoe down, and she was.  I remember seeing pictures on FB

https://www.facebook.com/82781113707/photos/pcb.10152480493018708/10152480481673708/?type=1&theater

Tamballs also posted on her FB - vote for the hottest ho wife.  Let's not all click together shall we?

http://polls.lifeandstylemag.com/polls/444449   I'm shocked that she's winning.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 1

I cannot help myself, but I just really like Terry, and have from the beginning. I know he can be elitist, but he seems like a really nice guy to me. I imagine him as a somewhat nerdy guy who always wanted to be a jock but just wasn't. I think he genuinely likes people and wants to be liked back. I was struck by how gracious he was at Shannon's first dinner party - the way he just went on and on about the food. Nothing makes a hostess feel better. He did it again on this episode, saying it was the best food he had ever had (I am sure Heather just loves to hear that, although she admits she is not a good cook). He seems to try to get along with everyone and likes to get to know everyone. I also found it amusing that he was trying to have actual dinner party conversation at this party - asking folks what they would save in their house if it was on fire. Yes, it is trite and we have all played that game before, but how unusual to actually hear someone trying to engage others in converstation and do something besides engage in petty banter on this show.

I totally agree with this.  I know he's not well liked on these boards, but I find him endearing for the reasons you mentioned.  He really tries to engage with people and that goes a long way.  He's also both a gracious host and guest, which doesn't happen a lot in this crowd. 

• Love 4

Who was with Vicki when this happened? I remember it was right after she said something else ridiculous to this complete stranger. It was CLASSIC Vicki, and the person next to her seemed incredulous.

I wasn't offended by it, and I say that as a feminine gay man who has dated men who aren't so feminine. It's sadly not an uncommon reaction when you introduce a gay man to people and he doesn't look or act like gays you've seen on TV. That all being said, I probably found it oddly endearing because it was Vicki Gunvalson. Social faux pas and awkward comments are what makes her Vicki.

LOVED Heather's "If you think I'm talking to you like you're a moron ... you probably are. I'm surprised by how much I am enjoying her this season. And I like Shannen and Tamara, too!

I was surprised that she said it.  I totally agree with you that it was a typical Vicki moment. We feel that she should know better but she never does.

• Love 1

Shannon is a walking billboard for the saying "Money can't buy you happiness!".  To have so much she is the most miserable person I have seen on a reality show about rich people.  Someone needs to teach her how to count her blessings and stop jabbing her husband with the hot fire poker all the time.  Also, someone needs to tell her that there are professionals that they can talk to that might help with their situation.  The way she's always bitching at him she's just asking for him to make an exit, stage left.

This is precisely why I cannot stand Shannon. She is a miserable woman and watching her on my TV makes me cringe. She emasculates her husband beyond reproach, and this is coming from someone who is pretty damn feminist. But Shannon?? She is the type of person who sucks the life out of people. Tamra and Shannon being friends make total sense.

Tamra needs to shut up. She is trying far too hard to stay relevant. Eddie clearly is tired of her shenanigans as well.

I like Lizzie. I can't wait to see her tell Tamra off. It is about high time someone does, and wins over that rat-faced shrew.

As for Heather, I can't believe I am on her side with this one, but I am. However, I agree with the poster who said, karma is a bitch for what she did to Alexis.

• Love 1

It worked once for me, I hit the quotation symbol on the post.  

Did anyone else catch Tamballs calling Lizzie's husband "messy hair" when Lizzie was wondering why she didn't have a drink?  Tamra, "Where's messy hair?"   She's one to talk.  

Someone asked if Sophie was at the hoe down, and she was.  I remember seeing pictures on FB

https://www.facebook.com/82781113707/photos/pcb.10152480493018708/10152480481673708/?type=1&theater

Tamballs also posted on her FB - vote for the hottest ho wife.  Let's not all click together shall we?

http://polls.lifeandstylemag.com/polls/444449   I'm shocked that she's winning.

yup that was it thanks...

It's a toss up between Eddie and Vicki for unlikely voice of reason this episode.  Eddie for his comment trying to just shut down the drama.  Vicki for telling Tamra to be happy for the free publicity.  

One hint to Tamra re: Ryan's excess iron issue, this can also be an effect of alcoholism.  It leads to a neurological disorder.  If he had the genetic disorder, it would most likely have been noticed in his youth.  So, Rapey Ryan, help us all out by doing more drugs and drinking more.  That should help get you out of the gene pool.  The editors definitely through Tamra under the bus with the way they showed her talking about her need for botox and testosterone, then having her express concern for Ryan.  Apple, meet tree.  

To quote, copy and paste the text you are quoting.  Then highlight the quoted text and select the quotation mark (") icon.  The text will then be included in a quote box.  It sometimes helps to add extra lines below the quote prior to highlighting it so you will not have issues placing additional text.  

• Love 1

I have been trying to wrap my head around Tams reaction to free publicity.  The only thing I could think of is I know when Heather first came on, she insisted all her oppurtunities were because of her acting prowess and not a because she was on a housewife show.  Maybe when she first hosted she only had on things not housewife related and the producers of the LA show suggested that if she wanted to host again, she better bring some HW stuff, because she is not interesting otherwise?  Perhaps, this is why Tamara was being so vague about why she was angry as they are not allowed to break the fourth wall?  I do not see how Heather would have any control of the segments and Tamara's anger makes no sense, if something like this were not true.  However, Tamara could just be a black hole of ungrateful bitchiness.

Vicki has talked about how she escaped to California for the good life and now moving away from her mother was the biggest mistake of her life.  It is interesting how she twists narratives to fit whatever worldview she finds convenient at the time.

• Love 1
(edited)

PsychNurse - I'm right there with you on the boringness is Shannon's a Christmas decorations. Most look lipid they are from Costco (nothing against Costco, but with her money she could afford more unique stuff). And sor someone who "loves" Christmas, she doesn't appear to have any of her own personal Christmas ornaments! Jeez, even if she was going for a "theme", I couldn't figure out what that would have been!! Someone needs to tell her beige is NOT a traditional Christmas color!!

Rant off. Sorry, as someone who really loves Christmas, that house was just dumb.

Tamra is an idiot. Lucky for her she was overshadowed by the grossness that is David. In don't care if he was going after his wife, that comment about having girls if you are unhappy was disgusting.

Edited by Mrs peel
  • Love 4

I have a season pass for RHOC on Amazon, and mistakenly purchased the HD option.  I noticed that Vicki's face in the Oklahoma choking dinner looked like it could be used to sand  furniture,  and in this ep during gym plug gate, her neck could possibly used as a crumpled rag to apply stain.   Goodness woman, pawn your chin implant and correct yo neck. 

Ambush?  Really?   Whoever heard of such a thing!  Certainly not people vacationing in Costa Rica.   You know, the Costa Rica that's in Mexico?   

I busted out laughing when Tamra sniveled that Ryan could die in her talking head.    Not because I want that little shit to come in harm's way, but because she looked like an angry Klingon woman.   I don't suppose I could use her face to refinish furniture, but it certainly looks cured and hard enough for a doorstop.   

If I were David I would be a drunk, too.    Shannon is such a joyless ball breaker.   If they didn't live in California, I would advise him and Terry to divorce their controlling shrews and become drinking buddies.    Speaking of a joyless shrew, why would a person who was portraying a dead body for like 15 seconds go on a publicity tour?   Even the actress who portrayed the dead girl in Twin Peaks didn't do that, and she was portraying a Very Important  to the Plot Dead Person.  

• Love 7

I also noticed when Tamra was telling Eddie about Ryan's potentially serious health problems, it was obvious he couldn't care less. He had zero reaction.

Eddie heard that the key to success is just showing up. So that's what he's doing.  

• Love 2

Danielle was there, but wasn't there.  I'm still curious why Tamra went on a rant about how fame whorish Danielle is when she's been sweet, quiet, and kind of dull.

Lizzie seems to be a combo of Gretchen, Alexis, and Lydia all rolled into one.  She can stir the pot, look innocent doing it, and not be the bad guy.  No wonder she was picked over Danielle to be the fifth housewife.

Seeing how Tamra and Shannon have fared against Heather in terms of verbal duels makes me miss Lydia all the more.  She would have held her own against Heather much better then either Tamra and Shannon have.

Arden B actually. Close enough. Cheap mall rat.

msdQVayUGSYHOKlywzVVIuw.jpg

Is this it?  Need to see if they have it in 0 so I can get one for Shannon.

Yep I was getting that feeling from Terry. Seriously, what husband would tell their (wanting to get back into the biz) actress wife to turn down a wonderful opportunity because Tamra's feeling will be hurt (because she's a selfish bitch)? And then text that person and say your wife was wrong? I call bullshit. They (both couples) probably all came up with it over drinks.

In Heather's blog, she said she told Tamra to "pick a lane" not a side, regarding whether or not Tamra was really her friend around Shannon. Oy

I don't remember if it was in a TH or with Terry, but I do recall Heather saying "pick a lane".

Heathers story tracks with me. My first guess after seeing Heather's reaction to Shannon's statement about what Tamara told her was that it all clicked into place for Heather. Like she had said something but Tamara was misrepresenting it and she finally figured out that Tamara was playing power politics. The look on her face was more along the lines of "I never thought you'd pull this BS with me" than "Opps I'm caught" and Shannon was really over reacting even if Heather did say it . I think she was a little drunk at that point. But you know what Heather? This is why I'm not friends with people who become crazy bullies when they don't like someone. Eventually they will turn on you too. It's what bullies do. They always need someone to pick on, everybody gets a turn. I know you thought you could controll your attack dog. Tough luck with that.

• Love 3

I don't mind Heather's husband Terry.  He seems like a genuinely nice guy but gets caught up now and then in the circus of pretentiousness that is his wife Heather.  Now Shannon's husband?  I  just cannot with that guy (facepalm).  No.  When he said couples who are not happy produce girls (and his little daughter was standing right there).   Just wow.  Dude can get the hell off my TV screen immediately.

Something seemed a little bit 'off' to me regarding Tammy Sue's 'pain' about Cut missing out on the guest spot... She seemed to over react in a weirdly uptight way. A very un-Tamra-like way!

Tamra is incredibly insecure about ageing, and is probably insecure about keeping the younger Eddie. I'm wondering if part of their gym partnership is the expectation that she uses her 'celebrity' and RH connections to help publicise the gym and boost membership. If she's letting the team down on this she has an extra insecurity to add to her pile. Maybe not getting that guest spot was an issue between her and Eddie (in just her mind or in reality)?

Conjecture on my part, of course.

(edited)
He seems like a genuinely nice guy but gets caught up now and then in the circus of pretentiousness that is his wife Heather.

I was thinking that too (mostly) up until this season.  But I see he's on another reality show & his scenes with Heather seem so scripted, I don't know what to believe about him.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

Yeah, Idk if would be offensive to gay viewers.  I wasn't offended, but when I heard her say that I sure as hell said "WTF?"  Her attitude was light & jokey so maybe it didn't seem so bad & it was typical Vicki.  Still, it was kinds of wrong tho.  Well, substitute for "gay" in the statement "You don't look gay", any race or religion or nationality & that statement is clearly very ugly.  Sounds like something Ramona would say.

Aw, you just softened me toward Terry.  I didn't exactly dislike him before, but you've made such good points here that I now just like him.

• Love 2

I don't mind Heather's husband Terry.  He seems like a genuinely nice guy but gets caught up now and then in the circus of pretentiousness that is his wife Heather.  Now Shannon's husband?  I  just cannot with that guy (facepalm).  No.  When he said couples who are not happy produce girls (and his little daughter was standing right there).   Just wow.  Dude can get the hell off my TV screen immediately.

Then again, Terry is the same father who called his daughter Collette, "a little bitch" on camera.  That's sweet.

• Love 5

I was ok with Terry until after being curious about his work I read his on-line reviews. For what its worth there were lots of complaints about his work but even worse in my opinion was that he blew off concerns. I haven't checked since he first appeared but that combined with being "The Swan" surgeon causes me to view him with a bit a side eye. 

• Love 1

I was ok with Terry until after being curious about his work I read his on-line reviews. For what its worth there were lots of complaints about his work but even worse in my opinion was that he blew off concerns. I haven't checked since he first appeared but that combined with being "The Swan" surgeon causes me to view him with a bit a side eye. 

Let's not forget the Terry also participated in Bridalplasty.

To poster above, I couldn't believe it when Vicki said to that man, you don't look gay!  My jaw literally dropped.

I took the comment as further evidence Vicki was an active poster on TWOP since almost every other post it seemed in the RHOOC was about how "gay" Eddie looked seemed or was.  Long detailed posts on why being gay of course was okay but somehow Eddie owed it to the world to just come out already.  Got to be that the thread was downright discomforting to follow for me.  I had to educate myself against making gay an accusation.  And I'm gay.  So hearing Vicki make the comment was hardly jawdropping for me since every new season since Eddie came on the show the TWOP thread had a tsunami of unintended but downright virulent self righteous accusations and outrage over one man's private matter.  I just hope I live long enough I don't have to hear people talk about how we homosexuals somehow 'ping' and move across their "gaydar".  Whether it be Vicki or just fellow posters.  I've got relatives in the deep south and they gave up talking about suspecting people of passing as "white" decades ago.

• Love 9

I was thinking that too (mostly) up until this season.  But I see he's on another reality show & his scenes with Heather seem so scripted, I don't know what to believe about him.

I think Terry is the biggest famewhore of all the HW husbands. He bullied Heather into being a HW, so he could show the world all his "gold". I agree about all their scenes looking scripted. They probably do readings of the scripts they write, including those heartwarming scenes with the kids.

• Love 2

I think Terry is the biggest famewhore of all the HW husbands. He bullied Heather into being a HW, so he could show the world all his "gold". I agree about all their scenes looking scripted. They probably do readings of the scripts they write, including those heartwarming scenes with the kids.

I think it is possible that Terry is the biggest famewhore, but despite what we might have been told, it is hard to imagine that he bullied Heather into doing anything.

The famewhore part doesn't bother me. It is really just a matter of degree. Every single one of them is a famewhore - you would have to be in order to put your life and your family out there for all the world to see and judge. To me he is just smarter than the rest of them. He clearly knows what he wants and he has a plan. He is engaged in the process and doesn't act like he was forced into being a part of this thing, as it seems to me is the case with Eddie. He acts disdainful most of the time, and I get the impression he is just doing this because it is the only way he can think of to be anyone of significance. 

The smarter person always gets points from me. They are all narcissistic, they are all willing to sell out their families and their relationships for a bit of fame, they are all liars to an extent and are playing a role. For the most part they are all incredibly dumb. I don't mean the kind of dumb that comes from not having access to an education or experiences. They are the kind of dumb that comes from having little interest in anything that takes place outside of their small world. I always imagine Terry and Heather are the only ones on this show that are even registered to vote. For some reason this appeals to me. 

• Love 2

When I first saw Lizzie I thought "oh my God that women is huge" not fat huge but like an Amazon huge. Then she stood next to the other ladies and she seemed to be of average height. I couldn't for the life of me figure it out till someone up thread mentioned she has enormous features. She looks like she could eat small children for breakfast.

• Love 3

I beg to differ - Eddie cared.  Of course what he cared about was having turkey sausage for dinner, not Ryan, but he really care about the sausage.  

Is that a gay innuendo joke you just made? ;-)

When I first saw Lizzie I thought "oh my God that women is huge" not fat huge but like an Amazon huge. Then she stood next to the other ladies and she seemed to be of average height. I couldn't for the life of me figure it out till someone up thread mentioned she has enormous features. She looks like she could eat small children for breakfast.

Perhaps like Giggerota?

To quote, copy and paste the text you are quoting.  Then highlight the quoted text and select the quotation mark (") icon.  The text will then be included in a quote box.  It sometimes helps to add extra lines below the quote prior to highlighting it so you will not have issues placing additional text.

You can also quote an entire posting by clicking on the double-quotes icon and then clicking on the floating "Reply" button that tells you how many times you quoted someone. It also has the added bonus of including the posters' names.

Are we sure she was right there? I know that was the impression but did they show them in in the same scene while he was saying that?

Are we sure she was right there? I know that was the impression but did they show them in in the same scene while he was saying that?

They showed him looking over at her and saying "hi" right when he was finishing his sentence. She was right there and it looked like he knew it.

I think it is possible that Terry is the biggest famewhore, but despite what we might have been told, it is hard to imagine that he bullied Heather into doing anything.

I wouldn't say that he bullied Heather so much as manipulated her. Didn't he give her the silent treatment until she agreed to do the show?

• Love 1