Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Not So Silent Night

• Start Topic

(edited)

Man, Heather is getting the worst edit ever this season.  Did she dent Andy's car or something?

It's annoying how she talks with her hands all the time, and this coming from a NYer.  That holiday party was ridiculous.  Shannon is just too stupid not to jump in when the fight clearly had nothing to do with her. 

Tamra can just move to another planet as far as I'm concerned.  Is she really too self-absorbed to see that all her insecurities clearly transformed to her son?  Man, oh man... 

And who is Danielle?  Do they require a Sarah Winchester type character each season now? 

Lizzie is pretty but looks like she could turn into a vampire at any moment - something about her eyebrows and teeth. 

I rewatched the Choke-lahoma episode and it's interesting that Ryan said "we're not moving out here after I retire."  

Edited by misschung
  • Love 2
(edited)
I thought Heather did deny that she had told Tamra to pick a side.  Tamra sputtered a bit, but didn't press the point.  Most likely because it was a big fat lie and she knew she was cornered.

From what I can remember, Heather did not literally say "I never said that". But she did question Tamra in this manner, "Oh I said that???" - very astounded, which (to me) implied that she was denying it. And Tamra became very terse, imperceptibly nodding her head while her eyes had a light of panic in them. Just my feeling, but I believe Tamra lied. 

I haven't seen this topics episode yet but didn't Terry ask Tamera at the Hoedown why she wasn't backing his wife or something to that effect?  Tamera might have thought Terry was asking her to pick a side without saying it outright. I might be entirely wrong as I saw the Hoedown episode once.

I vaguely remember something like that, but that was not the incident Tamra was talking about. She stated that her and Heather were texting and she (Tam) mentioned being at Shannon's house. Heather allegedly asked Tamra WHY she was over there, and Tamra replied she was thanking her for taking her daughter after the bull riding incident (did anyone see any of Tamra's kids at the hoedown? I thought they weren't allowed during filming?) Then Heather allegedly texted that SHE could have taken care of said daughter and that Tamra needed to pick a side. So it was a very specific accusation. My thought is that a very similar conversation probably did take place, but Tamra embellished with the "pick a side" thing.

I was struck by how little interest Eddie had when Tamra was relating Ryan's health issues. Dude didn't give two shits.

I got the impression he felt like Tamra was exaggerating. She does that a lot, so without being present to hear what the doc had to say he might just assume she's amping it up for drama. Tamra LOVES the drama! Either that or he simply doesn't care. I'd find it hard to care about Ryan myself.

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 2
(edited)

Can we talk about Tamra's hair at the party? I had a hard time paying attention to what she was saying as I tried to figure out what she was going for with that.

I was struck by how little interest Eddie had when Tamra was relating Ryan's health issues. Dude didn't give two shits.

I did like Eddie shutting Tamra down when she was going after Heather. His "she has always been a good friend to you" seemed to throw Tamra.

Tamra's hair......oh dear gawd, it cracked me up. I think it was supposed to look a little messy, but then it was shellacked and stiff as a board. And her Elvis jumpsuit.......I'm with Shannon, where does one buy that crap?

But....WTF with Shannon's dress? Boring. How old is Shannon? She looked OLD and frumpy at the party.

Tamra saying that Heather's gym was her competition? What total bullshit. No one would drive from Newport Beach to the industrial area in R.S.M. to work out. NO ONE.

Edited by Grneyedldy
  • Love 1

Also, I LOVED Lizzie throwing it all out there, and then sitting back and smirking. That was outstanding.

That was glorious and refreshing to me. Usually that situation festers for a couple eps.

I wouldn't think that Heather would actually fake a phone call, but Vicki seemed confident that she did.  I would believe it with Terry because he's kind of odd, but not Heather. 

I couldn't tell if the phone was on or not, but that seemed like odd timing and overacted by them.

I could be wrong, but I think it's her makeup, that's making her look so bad on camera.  It's just way too exaggerated.  She bragged about not needing makeup lessons cuz she was a pageant gal & supposedly knows all she needs to know.  I beg to differ, hun.  She probably picked up some really bad makeup habits on her days along the pageant circuit.  Most drag queens' makeup looks better than Lizzie's does -- and they're usually going for an exaggerated look.  She needs to tone it the fuck down & get some professional help ASAP.  She might look a 1000% better.  Well, maybe.

Isn't pageant make up similar to stage/theatrical makeup, exaggerated to show up under stage lights and visible to the audience?

Way to humblebrag about your famous dead brother, Terry!

But....WTF with Shannon's dress? Boring. How old is Shannon? She looked OLD and frumpy at the party.

Shannon has the posture, walk and carriage of a woman in her early 70s with a calcium deficiency. Seriously, take a look at her when she is standing sideways.

I know this was an episode full of WTF'ery because at the end I thought Vicki was the one that made the most sense.

Tamra really is cowed and intimidated by Heather, which is a sight to behold. Usually when she is arguing with people, especially those she has loved to go after in the past like Gretchen and Alexis she gets such a nasty gleam and look of relish on her face. None of that is ever present when she goes up against Heather. Everything about her countenance screams 'oh, shit I really would rather not be doing this.' 

I can believe that something shady went down but really all that shit is moot now that Heather got her a spot. Like Vicki shit, that is a gift. Tamra is treating it like it was her god given right. 

You know what is strange, the one person I wound up disliking more this episode wasn't even Tamra. It was Terry's bitch ass. What gives him the stones and the balls to send a text to Tamra telling her that he told Heather not to do the show?!? I see that as a huge betrayal and one of those instances where I have to quote the much reviled Nene Leakes but Terry is too much in the women's business with that damn text. If I was Heather, I would have turned into Ike Turner in the back of that limo and beat him with my red bottom shoe. It wasn't his place to send such a text to Tamra. That just made everything worse. Still don't care for Heather but I am on her side vs Tamra.

Oh and that phone call was hella fake. It might have rang (Terry probably pocket dialed) but I don't believe any child was sick. How many times do they ask if it was 10:30? Too well timed and public to be real. 

• Love 7
(edited)

From what I can remember, Heather did not literally say "I never said that". But she did question Tamra in this manner, "Oh I said that???" - very astounded, which (to me) implied that she was denying it. And Tamra became very terse, imperceptibly nodding her head while her eyes had a light of panic in them. Just my feeling, but I believe Tamra lied. 

That's how I remember it going down too, ghoulina.  The way she asked the question together with the look in her eyes as she said it conveyed (to me at least) that she was denying saying it.  At least we were spared the obligatory housewife-pulling-out-phone-to-prove-or-disprove-what-was-said-in-a-text moment.

While it was a totally bitchy moment, I loved Heather's talking head "if you think I'm talking down to you, I probably am...because you are a moron."

And her use of tete-a-tete to say she talked to Vicki.  But really, Tamra has to be in on the joke with that stuff right?  When Vicki walked in after Heather said that you could hear Tamra faintly in the background in an "oh!" voice saying "you two talked?" -  like she didn't understand what Heather had said initially.  

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 1

When Eddie sees you're being an idiot about not jumping at the opportunity of having your gym featured on GDLA despite your "competition"  being featured first (which, btw, has franchises all over the country, so hardly your competition), you just might be an idiot! And to think that your friend, who is trying to promote her career, would remove herself from that segment because she should be supporting YOUR gym that she doesn't live near, you just might be an idiot squared. Plus, when your BFF Vicki thinks you're wrong, you just migh be an idiot x 49057304975945908

Tamra looked like a streetwalker in that getup. If she was going for sexy, she failed. Shannon and Heather both have sticks up their asses, but I'm still with Heather on this one. It's not like they just met Heather and she started acting this way.

• Love 8

Okay, so, first of all, all of the dresses to the party were bor-ing. Tamra looked like a D-List version of Foxy Cleopatra from Austin Powers. Also, Shannon looked like she was going out for tea with some old ladies. Does she ever wear her hair up or different? David gives off a vibe that he is on something. The only sound person in that whole episode was Eddie. Also, Terry was totally acting with that phone call. Usually, when you're having a real conversation with someone on the phone, you give them more time to speak. I give this episode a C-.

• Love 1

Again, another great point.  Didn't Vicki move away from Chicago to get away from Brianna & Michael's father?  If there was so much "glue" in Chicago, she'd still be with her first husband?  I think not.

Except the first husband didn't have money.  So there's that. 

Shannon has the posture of Babara Walters.

I'd drink tequila straight too if I had to deal with Shannon.  She's proud of being uptight.  She is very very angry at her husband for something that probably happened years ago and she's not forgetting or forgiving.  It's hell for the kids.  And putting it on TV isn't helping.

Poor Danielle, almost no screen time.  Though if this is how all her scenes are, it's not surprising she didn't make the cut. 

.Yeah, who the hell is in the mood to see Christmas stuff in June  

Me, I am always ready for Christmas but.......If I had Shannon's money, I wouldn't have such generic, soulless decorations. Her tree looked like it has no special meaning. Like it was a tree at Neiman Marcus or Nordstrom.

(edited)

Not a Tamra fan but I wonder if the table's were turned and Tamra were guest hosting and one of the spots featured an Orange County plastic surgeon if Heather would have been hurt. I do think Heather tried to damage control by notifying Tamra but the reality is it was far more important for Heather to score the gig then her friendship with Tamra.  I was confused as to how Terry's texts were "misconstrued".  Did he not admit to sending Tamra a text saying Heather should not do the show? 

Heather makes me laugh-she was exhausted from doing the promo tour for Hawaii 5-0?  Really, a minor guest spot requires a PR tour?  I think the PR tour, if there was one, was more about a RH doing a guest appearance on a show.   This woman is just so full of herself.

Last night I looked up Kevin Dubrow.  Two articles mentioned he was kicked out of Quiet Riot for publicly disparaging other bands.  Must be Dubrow family trait.  I commend Quiet Riot's success with "Metal Health" but I think Terry lost a few points by claiming it out did "Thriller".  To me, that is the fatal flaw in the personalities of the Dubrows-their perception of events and others. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

You know what is strange, the one person I wound up disliking more this episode wasn't even Tamra. It was Terry's bitch ass. What gives him the stones and the balls to send a text to Tamra telling her that he told Heather not to do the show?!? I see that as a huge betrayal and one of those instances where I have to quote the much reviled Nene Leakes but Terry is too much in the women's business with that damn text. If I was Heather, I would have turned into Ike Turner in the back of that limo and beat him with my red bottom shoe. It wasn't his place to send such a text to Tamra. That just made everything worse. Still don't care for Heather but I am on her side vs Tamra's

This was my initial thought as well, then I realized how close the Dubrow's are to Tamra and Eddie. I thought that it was possible Terry was trying to smooth things over, or maybe he was responding to a text of Tamra's. After reading Heather's blog, that is how it sounds. Heather said that Tamra was upset - really upset over the incident. She doesn't specifically say that Tamra started a conversation with Terry via text, but I would imagine that is possible.

Also, I LOVED Lizzie throwing it all out there, and then sitting back and smirking. That was outstanding.

Yep, Lizzie just threw that out there, then popped some corn, sat back, and enjoyed the show. Me too. That is why she is a full-fledged housewife instead of just a friend-of (looking at you, Danielle).

You know what is strange, the one person I wound up disliking more this episode wasn't even Tamra. It was Terry's bitch ass. What gives him the stones and the balls to send a text to Tamra telling her that he told Heather not to do the show?!? I see that as a huge betrayal and one of those instances where I have to quote the much reviled Nene Leakes but Terry is too much in the women's business with that damn text. If I was Heather, I would have turned into Ike Turner in the back of that limo and beat him with my red bottom shoe. It wasn't his place to send such a text to Tamra.

Islandgal, you took the words right out of my mouth. He has some serious screws loose if he actually thought that was appropriate. In my best Vito Corleone voice, "Don't take sides against the family!" Evah! What a dumbass. Although I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at their house when they got home. She iced him out in the limo, but I just know it had to have been a thousand times better behind closed doors.

This whole season has been Tamra going at Heather, but there is no conviction - which makes me think the producers put her up to it.  And I think Heather is on board, but last night she just got pissed... her anger with Tamra seemed very real, while Tamra could barely be bothered to respond.  Heather is certainly annoying, but Tamra was a total moron, egged on by Shannon, who just wants Heather to look bad.  It's very telling when rageaholic Vicki is telling you that you're out of bounds.

I felt so bad for Lizzie when she brought up the drama and then had to keep babbling because no one would speak.  She would be much prettier if she toned down the makeup and got a shorter hairdo.

Terry and Heather's fake phone call was way overacted and cringeworthy.  Heather should have simply said, "I am through with you basic bitches tonight, I'll catch up with you tomorrow - peace" and then left the party.

• Love 5

I'm just going to go on record and say I think David is an alcoholic.

And Shannon too.  When does she not have a glass full of Grey Goose?  Though around these women, I might too!

Man, Heather is getting the worst edit ever this season.  Did she dent Andy's car or something?

I think she may have stepped on Waka's tail.

I liked Lizzie forcing them to talk shit when Heather came into the room.  They are such cowards talking all bad ass behind people's back.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't blame him. I can't believe what he said about unhappy families having daughters and then the camera panned to his daughter!

Heather makes me laugh-she was exhausted from doing the promo tour for Hawaii 5-0?  Really, a minor guest spot requires a PR tour?  I think the PR tour, if there was one, was more about a RH doing a guest appearance on a show.   This woman is just so full of herself.

Oy! And she keeps telling that stupid story about having her head bumped down the steps of a staircase! It's getting to be like " ... and when I turned around, the worm was waterskiing behind the boat!".

Edited by Ubiquitous

I liked Lizzie forcing them to talk shit when Heather came into the room.  They are such cowards talking all bad ass behind people's back.

Agreed. In her blog she said that it had been decided before Vicks and Heather walked into the room that Tamra would address her issues with Heather. Lizzie said that Tamra was acting very upset about the whole thing. Of course, she also says that Tamra failed to mention to anyone that she had already gone over this with Heather shortly before. None of the gals knew this and just saw someone who was very upset and so they encouraged her to be honest about her feelings to Heather. Lizzie said when Heather walked in the silence was uncomfortable and it became clear Tamra was going to back out. Lizzie thought she was doing Tamra a favor by introducing the topic (or so she claims). She also said she was surprised to hear Shannon and Tamra's TD interviews questioning her right to bring up the topic since they had all said that was what would happen when Heather came in. Now she says she wishes she had kept her mouth shut.

Shannon is 50.

Hmm so she had her kids late in life. I do admire her for not injecting her face. I'm still taken aback when I see a HW that's able to move their forehead. Though I think she's the only one.

• Love 1

katesus, I agree with your entire post.  That is all.

Over at TWOP, I posted all about all the new gyms/studios opening up around here.  That Orange 'whatever' was one of them.  Apparently, I found out tonight that Tamra thinks this is her rival.  Hee.  Hee. and one big LAUGHING OUT FUCKING LOUD!   Drive thru El Pollo Loco and you look directly at it.  Oh, it's next to a Starbucks!   It is in a much better site then Tamra's off the hidden trail location.  There has been all kinds of fitness businesses opening up recently.  I stay with 24 Hour Fitness.  

Tamra is insane.  OrangeTheory and 24 Hour Fitness are across the street from each other and both in well-traveled shopping centers.  They are each other's competition.  I doubt Tamra and her CUT Fitness, complete with anti-aging doctors and Rapey Ryan and his parking lot drugs, are even on their radar.

My favorite moment was when Shannon called Tamra eloquent.

I don't think Tamra and "eloquent" have met each other, nor will they in this lifetime.

Eddie spoke for us all when he said, "I'm already tired of this conversation."

Who would have thought Teefs wouldn't annoy me this season?  But he hasn't.  He's (almost) the voice of reason.  (He gets major points detracted by being married that yellow headed sea witch). 

Vicki is so continually rude and inappropriate that I just have to laugh at her "are you doing the chitty chitty bang bang?" and "you don't look gay!" comments to people she just met.

And because it can't nearly be said enough - - TEAM HEATHER.  STFU, Tamra.

• Love 3

Yep, Lizzie just threw that out there, then popped some corn, sat back, and enjoyed the show. Me too. That is why she is a full-fledged housewife instead of just a friend-of (looking at you, Danielle).

Exactly LOL  Lizzie is apparently taking lessons from Kenya

Not a Tamra fan but I wonder if the table's were turned and Tamra were guest hosting and one of the spots featured an Orange County plastic surgeon if Heather would have been hurt. I do think Heather tried to damage control by notifying Tamra but the reality is it was far more important for Heather to score the gig then her friendship with Tamra.  I was confused as to how Terry's texts were "misconstrued".  Did he not admit to sending Tamra a text saying Heather should not do the show? 

Last night I looked up Kevin Dubrow.  Two articles mentioned he was kicked out of Quiet Riot for publicly disparaging other bands.  Must be Dubrow family trait.  I commend Quiet Riot's success with "Metal Health" but I think Terry lost a few points by claiming it out did "Thriller".  To me, that is the fatal flaw in the personalities of the Dubrows-their perception of events and others. 

Heather and Terry also did the one upmanship when they had to mention that they've seen the candy blower before at another party.  In other words, you failed Shannon --- we've seen it before.  What a couple of nasty hags.

And who can forget Heather's TH:

Heather: "If you think I'm talking down to you, I probably am, because you're acting like a moron."

• Love 4
(edited)

Hmm so she had her kids late in life. I do admire her for not injecting her face. I'm still taken aback when I see a HW that's able to move their forehead. Though I think she's the only one.

Yeah, late 30s for the elder and probably 40/41 for her twins.  That's not usual around where I used to live (Washington DC area)  But later than Tammy Sue and Vickie, who were both knocked up at like 18 and 22, respectively. 

Heather was probably about that age when she had Colette... 40 or 41.  (edited b/c I thought Heather was 47, but it turns out she is 45)

I don't think Shannon looks old, facially. I just think it's the way she carries herself (not great posture), dresses, and speaks (kinda has a grandma voice) that makes her seem older than her biological years.  I also respect that she hasn't done the Botox thing, AND that she lets herself be filmed sans makeup in some scenes----practically unheard of in the HW universe, but especially the OC!

But TBF, I think we ALL want to believe we look younger than our actual ages.  I think we'd probably all be a bit shell-shocked if we saw ourselves on TV, being filmed at all hours of the day and night.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 4

Tamra is insane.  OrangeTheory and 24 Hour Fitness are across the street from each other and both in well-traveled shopping centers.  They are each other's competition.  I doubt Tamra and her CUT Fitness, complete with anti-aging doctors and Rapey Ryan and his parking lot drugs, are even on their radar.

Don't even know what Tamra's thought process is here. Is she upset that she wasn't featured 1st or that any other gym was promoted over CUT period? Because seriously, there will be fitness clubs and gurus featured after her. There are no exclusives. She was completely irrational and almost looking to be upset over some bullshit! Even assuming Tamra's version is the absolute truth I don't think Heather should waste or squander her opportunity for a shaky work friend with a fly by night gym who turns on people on a dime.

I actually think Shannon and her husband's marriage seems a lot worse than Vicki and Don. At least Vicki and Don had fun fake snoring together. I could imagine that there was once love and laughter and at least a half full love tank with Vicki and Don. Don't see it with Shannon and Dave. It is interesting to see Shannon refer to the way she and Dave interact as banter in her blogs. I don't think that word means what she thinks it means. There is nothing playful, flirty or good-natured about their back and forth. Loathe as I am to admit but I think Terry and Heather banter (this season anyway) and sometimes Tamra and Eddie but not Shannon and Dave.

Are they still trying to make Danielle happen? She is a bore. Her husband though? Can't even lie though, I find her husband umm..... interesting. It is like Fire Island grew two legs and started twalking (twerk walking).  More please. 

• Love 2
(edited)
Not that Heather and Tamra's blowout wasn't exciting, but could anything in this episode match the revelation that Terry DuBrow's brother was the lead singer of Quiet Riot? Maybe that's why he's so comfortable cumming on and feeling the noize of ladies bickering!

The quote above is from a recap I read over at a Gawker sub-blog.  I laughed.

http://morningafter.gawker.com/heather-gets-tambushed-on-real-housewives-of-orange-cou-1588678030/+sarah-hedgecock

ETA: Jacob Clifton, one of the writers on this sub-blog, was on staff at TWoP as a freelancer and found out TWoP was closing via a Gawker article.  Mods I hope it's ok to mention that here.

Edited by helloagain
  • Love 1

Are they still trying to make Danielle happen? She is a bore. Her husband though? Can't even lie though, I find her husband umm..... interesting. It is like Fire Island grew two legs and started twalking (twerk walking).  More please.

Nodding and cackling at your post!  Danielle is dull as dishwater.  Her clothes, her hair, her personality.... everything is just dullsville. She's got to be her husband's beard. GOT TO!

OK, so HEather just isn't stupid enough to text Tamra to 'pick a side' because she knows it would be brought back against her.  She's not dumb enough to leave a trail.  She may have said it in person, off camera, but I doubt in a text.

Tamra is so obnoxious and immature with the made up drama.  She can really be miserable.

Heather is just plain frightening.  When she stares everyone down I feel like I'm being chastised by my mother!

I miss TWOP.

• Love 4

Anyone catch Vicks telling some guy at the party (who told her he was waiting for his husband) he didn't look gay?  Wow, does a day go by where Vicks doesn't insult or offend anyone near her?

What was with the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang comment to the woman first?

Did anyone else notice that when Vicki came out with the 'you don't look gay' comment, the woman gave Vicki a look of disgust and walked away?

This episode was a total bore for me. I watched it online (I'm in the UK and we only get RHOBH  these days, which I hate), and minimised the screen so I could do other stuff and listen along.  It was all blah-blah-blah high-school whining about nothing. I was astonished Vicki stayed out of it and no doubt Tamra will make her pay down the line for not "having her back".

It was so boring that the only part I went back to watch was when Tamra and Eddie were making dinner and I checked to see that, yes, those were Costco (Kirkland) spices in the kitchen cabinet.

Tamra looks awful.  She's not even 50 yet and she looks like a 70 year-old who had too much plastic surgery.

Shannon and David seem like they value looks and sex a lot in their relationship, but now, after 3 kids, maybe Shannon didn't look as good as she did when they met.  David has no class, so he doesn't bite his tongue in telling her she needs plastic surgery - she internalizes and harbors her anger and jealousy by being a harpy over everything in her household.  It's exhausting to watch.

I can't stand David.  To say what he said about his girls in front of them is just a total trailerpark comment.  As a matter of fact, he puts good white trash to shame. 

• Love 1

Or at least Shannon seems to think so and I have a feeling she's going to make sure we all know. She made a comment about him having shots at 1 pm at the Ho-down (while standing next to the hot blond and Vicki). Considering everyone was drinking (I think it's in the Bravo contract), no one would have thought much of it. Though I'm leaning in your direction that there's an alcohol issue.

That's how I remember it going down too, ghoulina.  The way she asked the question together with the look in her eyes as she said it conveyed (to me at least) that she was denying saying it.  At least we were spared the obligatory housewife-pulling-out-phone-to-prove-or-disprove-what-was-said-in-a-text moment.

You know, you bring up a good point - Tamra is usually the queen of saving incriminating texts and whipping them out to prove her point. But she didn't in this case. Hmmmm.....

I'd drink tequila straight too if I had to deal with Shannon.  She's proud of being uptight.  She is very very angry at her husband for something that probably happened years ago and she's not forgetting or forgiving.

Perhaps the domestic violence incident?

I was confused as to how Terry's texts were "misconstrued".  Did he not admit to sending Tamra a text saying Heather should not do the show?

Yes, he did admit to that. But the way Tamra was phrasing it was as if Terry was saying Heather should not have intentionally feature the other gym. Tamra kept saying that Terry texted, "I told her not to do it". She didn't specify what IT was. But I got the impression she meant the actual act of bringing another gym on, not doing the show itself. So I think Tamra thought Terry was admitting Heather did something nefarious, but he really only meant it would have been nice for Heather to back out to avoid an issue with Tamra.

(edited)

I think the whole thing is made up by Heather and Tamara. It reeks of Heather's marriage trouble storyline, faux.

Yep I was getting that feeling from Terry. Seriously, what husband would tell their (wanting to get back into the biz) actress wife to turn down a wonderful opportunity because Tamra's feeling will be hurt (because she's a selfish bitch)? And then text that person and say your wife was wrong? I call bullshit. They (both couples) probably all came up with it over drinks.

In Heather's blog, she said she told Tamra to "pick a lane" not a side, regarding whether or not Tamra was really her friend around Shannon. Oy

Edited by Grneyedldy
How old is Eddie? He's never heard of Quiet Riot? They totally sucked but if he is anywhere near Tamara's age he would know them.

I thought I remembered reading somewhere last year that he was 41, so maybe he is around 42 now? I'm 34 and I definitely know how Quiet Riot is. 

I just read Heather's blog and she states that she said to Tamra, "pick a lane".  Her definition of that is, be my friend at all times or don't be my friend at all.

I wasn't sure what Shannon meant about "pick a side" at that time. I have never been one to choose sides, or suggest anyone else do so. Even when Vicki and Tamra were having major issues I maintained my friendships with both of them. When I thought about it later, I think she is referring to a comment I made to Tamra that when she and I are alone we are friends and it's good -- as soon as we are around the other ladies, particularly Shannon, I didn't think Tamra was very nice to me. What I was saying is pick a lane. Be my friend at all times, or not at all. Certainly not to choose between me and Shannon. It was very uncomfortable.

I couldn't tell if the phone was on or not, but that seemed like odd timing and overacted by them.

"What time is it?  Is it 10:30?  Wait, it's 10:30?  What time do you have?  Oh, it's 10:30?"  (while incessantly looking at watch).  Truly Academy Award winning performances.  

Tamra looked like shit at the doctor's office.  All puffy and bloated.  She said she felt great which surprised me, because she's never looked worse.  

Someone mentioned upthread Heather had little black holes for eyes.  They really are; they're a little creepy!  As they say, the eyes are the windows to the soul….

• Love 4

Regarding the whole "pick a side" thing:  Tamra even has a talking head about it and said that Heather didn't deny it because she did say it.

Heather pretty much calls it a draw in her blog. She said she certainly never told Tamra to pick sides. She said she did talk with her about the fact that she was being a wishy/washy friend. Supportive one minute than unsupportive the next. She said she told her to "pick a lane" and stay in it. To me this makes sense because it follows the narrative we have seen pretty much from the beginning - Heather believing that Tamra is not a very good friend anymore.

Because the whole "pick a side" deal sounded familiar to me, I rewatched the groundbreaking episode,where I thought something about this had been talked about. Sure enough, when Tamra and Heather are talking, Tamra said she feels caught in the middle and like she needs to pick a side. Heather said that's crazy because there were no sides. Heather then says in her TH interview that there is no reason for Tamra to be in the middle since the issues involve Heather and Shannon alone. She said if Tamra is in the middle, it is probably because that's where she wants to be. Apparently the situation Tamra is talking about now happened shortly after the party. Strange that Heather would be so adamant when talking to Tamra that there were no sides to pick, yet text her later and say something so different.

• Love 4

Don't even know what Tamra's thought process is here. Is she upset that she wasn't featured 1st or that any other gym was promoted over CUT period? Because seriously, there will be fitness clubs and gurus featured after her. There are no exclusives. She was completely irrational and almost looking to be upset over some bullshit! Even assuming Tamra's version is the absolute truth I don't think Heather should waste or squander her opportunity for a shaky work friend with a fly by night gym who turns on people on a dime.

I actually think Shannon and her husband's marriage seems a lot worse than Vicki and Don. At least Vicki and Don had fun fake snoring together. I could imagine that there was once love and laughter and at least a half full love tank with Vicki and Don. Don't see it with Shannon and Dave. It is interesting to see Shannon refer to the way she and Dave interact as banter in her blogs. I don't think that word means what she thinks it means. There is nothing playful, flirty or good-natured about their back and forth. Loathe as I am to admit but I think Terry and Heather banter (this season anyway) and sometimes Tamra and Eddie but not Shannon and Dave.

Are they still trying to make Danielle happen? She is a bore. Her husband though? Can't even lie though, I find her husband umm..... interesting. It is like Fire Island grew two legs and started twalking (twerk walking).  More please. 

Vicki is only the voice of reason because it's not about Vicki.

OK, so HEather just isn't stupid enough to text Tamra to 'pick a side' because she knows it would be brought back against her.  She's not dumb enough to leave a trail.  She may have said it in person, off camera, but I doubt in a text.

Tamra is so obnoxious and immature with the made up drama.  She can really be miserable.

Heather is just plain frightening.  When she stares everyone down I feel like I'm being chastised by my mother!

I miss TWOP.

Heather talks to her castmates as if they are all 5 years old.

Perhaps the domestic violence incident?

And what lead up to it.  Supposedly David cheating.  Still, Shannon chooses to stay in the relationship.  And chooses to make it a living hell for their children.

And what lead up to it.  Supposedly David cheating.  Still, Shannon chooses to stay in the relationship.  And chooses to make it a living hell for their children.

Agreed. I'm a firm believer that if you choose to stay, you choose to move forward and not constantly make the other person "pay". Unless it's a recurring problem. In which case, LEAVE. I really do wonder if she just enjoys being miserable. 

• Love 3
(edited)
You know, you bring up a good point - Tamra is usually the queen of saving incriminating texts and whipping them out to prove her point. But she didn't in this case. Hmmmm.....

She's probably saving it for the reunion. Her usual M.O.

Here's my 2 cents on the whole "pick a side" text...

1. Yes, Heather probably did say that; it was mentioned that she sent that text the same day as the Hoe Down after it was revealed that Shannon took Sophie home. Heather and Shannon had their spat at the hoe down, and Heather felt that Tamra and Shannon were talking behind her back.

2. After Heather's and Shannon's "Truce Lunch/Cocktail", it was decided that they would each talk directly to the other if something was bothering them. Shannon was bothered by Tamra's revelation, therefore did the right thing in discussing it with Heather, but it should have been done privately in a one-on-one, IMO, and not at Shannon's party.

3. I actually understood what Heather was trying to do in addressing one issue at a time; first Tamra's BS hurt feelings which she thought were already addressed.

4. Finally, I think that if I were Shannon, I would have let the whole "pick a side" thing go as it was said BEFORE their come-to-Jesus talk/lunch/cocktail thingy, and therefore I would have wiped the slate clean of any self-conceived slights perpetrated by the other person.

Edited by KicksandGiggles
  • Love 1