Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Not So Silent Night

• Start Topic

(edited)

Best shot of the night?  The woman rolling her eyes in the background when Heather said the LA host was like a second husband.  Priceless.

Heather is so desperate to get a damned gig that she kisses ass like none other.  It's pathetic to watch her grovel, honestly, but gotta give it to her... she understands how that game is played.  Not that she owed Tamra anything, but Heather lacks any kind of balls or say-so when it comes to telling the producers of that shit TV show she was hosting that she wanted them to change anything-- she would never have said boo about which gym owners she was interviewing for her try-out, because she was way too desperate and grateful to be trying out for it in the first place.    

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 3

Best shot of the night?  The woman rolling her eyes in the background when Heather said the LA host was like a second husband.  Priceless

I noticed it this afternoon! Holy crap, that was funny! 

That conveniently-timed "oh, you're sick, oh it's 10:30, oh lions and tigers and bears on my!" phone call was about as fake as the "emergency" phone calls my friends would make to me when I was desperate to bounce from a bad date.

A little too conveniently timed, a little too over the top about the time (does the kid turn into a freaking pumpkin at 10:30?), the repeating of what the call was about...Yeah, I detected the distinct odor of bullshit emanating from Terry and Heather during that call.

I need to watch that scene again to see where Terry's hands were.  I wouldn't be surprised to see he had one hand out of sight, furtively pocket-dialing Heather so they could bail.

I don't blame them for leaving.  But I'd sure have an iota more respect for them had they stood up and announced they were departing because they didn't appreciate the confrontation in their hosts' home.

But I always think Terry and Heather are probably the most stealth housewives (yes, I'm including bitchy Terry as a housewife, the fame-whoring freak) to ever hit one of these franchises, so I wasn't shocked they pulled the sick kid shenanigans.

Awfully telling all concern about the kid apparently fled their minds as soon as they were in the comfort of the limousine and could bitch about the other women.  

• Love 1
(edited)

That conveniently-timed "oh, you're sick, oh it's 10:30, oh lions and tigers and bears on my!" phone call was about as fake as the "emergency" phone calls my friends would make to me when I was desperate to bounce from a bad date.

A little too conveniently timed, a little too over the top about the time (does the kid turn into a freaking pumpkin at 10:30?), the repeating of what the call was about...Yeah, I detected the distinct odor of bullshit emanating from Terry and Heather during that call.

I so agree with this. Except, I think that Heather and Terry had the babysitter/nanny call them at exactly 10:30. I think 10:30 was the codeword and that is why they kept repeating it. 

I don't think that Heather pretended her phone rang. I think it did actually ring. After reading Heather's blog I totally agree with her that Terry is that guy who wold ask "why are you kicking me?" if she kicked him under the table because he said something he shouldn't. But, if they had a pre-arranged plan to leave at a certain time, he would go along with the signal.

The thing I don't get is why they felt they had to play the "my kid is sick" card so hard. Granted, their son could have been sick and the discussion of him could have easily been edited out of the limo conversation. I trust BRAVO about as much as I trust any of their reality celebrities (which means, I don't trust them at all). So, I'm not convinced that Nicky didn't have a tummy ache from eating too much junk food that Heather refuses to let him have in her presence.

But, I am much more inclined to believe that they, as a couple, had a pre-arranged signal to leave the party. I also think that Heather was willing to call Shannon and Heather out, and was interrupted by the call. I don't know why. I just think that Heather is a cold enough bitch that she would want to make sure she won that argument, but that she had already committed to the rescue signal. 

I need to watch it again, because I am a Southerner through and through. I have set up many a rescue signal with my husband to avoid hurting anyone's feelings. I have definitely made sure that a call came through to me or my husband at a certain time to get us out of the situation - it's what couples do. 

As awful as Heather is, she is really good at just owning Tamra, and Tamra actually seems afraid of Heather. Maybe it's the lesser of two evils? But, as much as I dislike Heather, I cannot stand Tamra. If it takes the awful Heather to bring down the disgusting Tamra, I may just become a Heather fan. OK, that's not true. I won't ever like Heather. But, if she can bring down Tamra, I will send her a fruit basket.

Anyway, I think Heather and Terry had a sign for getting out of the party because they simply don't like Shannon and her husband. I think they planned to leave by 10:30 and that is why they kept throwing around the time - it was their code for saying it was time to go.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 2

Still say this marriage is merely a scheme Tams cooked up to stay on the show, and Eds just went along with it.

Maybe, but that doesn't really give any credence to the notion that Eddie is gay. It's not like Tamra couldn't have just as easily found a straight man to date/marry, nor that a bearding situation with Eddie would be of any real benefit to her.

Hate me for it, but I'm kinda liking David.

Me, too, and his hair is mesmerizing. And despite the nagging, I'm also liking Shannon, and find her rather attractive.

Tamra looked great at the party, but the talking heads with her white inner eyeliner is so creepy.

Thank you for mentioning the eyeliner, because I couldn't figure out why she looks pretty good in most scenes, yet totally jacked up in her THs.

Heather is shady as hell.

• Love 1

Awfully telling all concern about the kid apparently fled their minds as soon as they were in the comfort of the limousine and could bitch about the other women.  

I wouldn't be surprised if the editting monkies failed to include that discussion, just to amp up the drama or whatever, but I keep forgetting to see if the phone is on during their routine.

I don't even understand the fake call. So they wanted to leave, big deal leave. When Vicki said she was leaving she just left.

The phone call looked so fake. And it really was pointless. Heather was not having a good time she felt ganged up on (I don't think she was). Seems like a good reason to leave a party.

Team Heather and glad Vicki tried to talk some sense into Tamra -- her argument and claim of being oh so hurt = ridiculous.  The Judges have been pimping their business on Bravo for months on end -- Enough already. I get that Heather is desperate to get back into the business and will almost anything to that end -- let her do that in peace, Tamra, -- and get on with your own concerns.  Vicki comes through every so often and glad for that. 

So bizarre to see Tamra tell Eddie that her son's medical problems, if true, were "mildly disturbing."  She's a fool. 

I can't stand Shannon and her dumb husband but appreciate being able to see glimpses of the over the top Christmas party.  The food looked great.  

Anyone who actually lets me into her house gets bonus points from me.  That being said, Shannon is a total phony and backstabber. In other words, the perfect tacky ass Real Houzwive. 

What on earth was Lizzie wearing?  My little pony holiday edition. 

Maybe, but that doesn't really give any credence to the notion that Eddie is gay. It's not like Tamra couldn't have just as easily found a straight man to date/marry, nor that a bearding situation with Eddie would be of any real benefit to her.

Thank you for mentioning the eyeliner, because I couldn't figure out why she looks pretty good in most scenes, yet totally jacked up in her THs.

That and the light pink frosted lipstick that my brother's girlfriends wore back in the 60's

(edited)

I don't blame them for leaving. But I'd sure have an iota more respect for them had they stood up and announced they were departing because they didn't appreciate the confrontation in their hosts' home.

I have a friend whose code for "We need to leave now!" is "We need to go to Wal Mart". So while I would have loved Heather just owning her desire to leave, I would have adored her forever if she had thrown out something so totally unbelievable as "I have to go to Wal Mart; you heifers don't deserve a proper and likely excuse". Edited by Dixie Sugarbaker
  • Love 1
(edited)

I have a friend whose code for "We need to leave now!" is "We need to go to Wal Mart". So while I would have loved Heather just owning her desire to leave, I would have adored her forever if she had thrown out something so totally unbelievable as "I have to go to Wal Mart; you heifers don't deserve a proper and likely excuse".

It certainly seems easy enough to me to have a prearranged excuse for leaving, and not need to use cells at all.  IMO, it was just too "involved" an excuse.

Edited by tulip555

It certainly seems easy enough to me to have a prearranged excuse for leaving, and not need to use cells at all. IMO, it was just too "involved" an excuse.

Yeah it was strange. And at one point during the "conversation" with the babysitter Terry took his own phone out of his pocket and checked it. I thought maybe he had an alarm set for 10:30 or something. I'm guessing Heather didn't really want to go to the party and didn't want to stay, but was afraid of offending Sharon so she and Terry agreed to leave at 10:30 so they could leave before Tamara and Sharon got catty drunk together. Now why on earth they didn't just say that the babysitter could only stay until 10:30 is beyond me.

Yeah it was strange. And at one point during the "conversation" with the babysitter Terry took his own phone out of his pocket and checked it. I thought maybe he had an alarm set for 10:30 or something. I'm guessing Heather didn't really want to go to the party and didn't want to stay, but was afraid of offending Sharon so she and Terry agreed to leave at 10:30 so they could leave before Tamara and Sharon got catty drunk together. Now why on earth they didn't just say that the babysitter could only stay until 10:30 is beyond me.

I've always thought these two are a somewhat odd couple, lol...I really enjoy trying to figure out what makes these women....and their mates click, but Heather and Terry baffle me.  I do think, though, that Heather rules that roost. and Terry just goes along to get along.  I think Heather is a joyless lady in many ways.

(edited)

What I didn't understand about the whole Heather and Terry phone call thing was why they kept going on and on about it being 10:30. So does that mean that if it was 10:00, it wouldn't have matter than they had a sick kid at home? Which is why I didn't believe the whole skit.

I did love Heather saying to Tamra that she would never hurt her on purpose, or lie to her. She did both at her Hoedown when she told the mechanical bull operator to turn up the speed, causing Tamra to get thrown off, and then lie that it was the operator's idea to turn up the speed. You'd think an actress would be smarter about knowing when there are cameras on her.

I did love the blank look on the guys faces when Terry was talking about Quiet Riot. Heck, I am 56 and I only know the name but not their music what-so-ever as I was never into heavy metal.  So if Eddy is 41, and from what I can see their hey day was 1983ish, Eddy would have only been 10. So not at all unusual that he would not have known the band.

Every time I see Lizzie, I am amazed that she is supposedly a valedictorian. She just doesn't seem that bright to me. The only way I can see her being first in her class is if she was homeschooled and she was the brightest of her siblings.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 2

I have no problem with having a pre-arranged exit strategy, but Heather and Terry's theatrics were over the top. Getting a call about a "tummy ache" and blowing it up into possible "appendicitis" was overkill.  Keep it simple, plausible, and brief.  If that is an example of Heather's acting ability then I find her "talent" lacking. 

• Love 1

I'm not buying Lizzie being this shining beacon of intellect, either.    If you have to tell people how smart you are, you really  aren't.   I couldn't care less if her boobs are real or fake, as everything about her looks fake and interchangeable, like a Mrs. Potato head doll.   As to her Miss Kentucky Holler USA Universe Mundial title or whatever the hell,   I would wager there was a particularly nasty flu strain  that year that shut Kentucky down.   All the smart and pretty girls stayed home either way.   

Vicky makes me ill.  Her "HURRY UUUUUUUPPPPPARGHHHH!" made me want to risk a red card and elbow her in the face.   Nasty heifer.

What annoys me about Lizzie among other things is her bragging about how smart she is because her father's a Physicist working at Harvard. Her father accomplishing something has nothing to do with her.

What annoys me about Lizzie among other things is her bragging about how smart she is because her father's a Physicist working at Harvard. Her father accomplishing something has nothing to do with her.

I think Lizzie is most likely very bright, but not bright enough to have kept her off this show,lol.  It sounds like there is definitely some impressive intellectual prowess in her family, and quite likely that she has inherited it.

I'm not buying Lizzie being this shining beacon of intellect, either.    If you have to tell people how smart you are, you really  aren't.   I couldn't care less if her boobs are real or fake, as everything about her looks fake and interchangeable, like a Mrs. Potato head doll.   As to her Miss Kentucky Holler USA Universe Mundial title or whatever the hell,   I would wager there was a particularly nasty flu strain  that year that shut Kentucky down.   All the smart and pretty girls stayed home either way

Yes, that's a great way to describe her look. Kim of Queens from that beauty pageant show has those same strong features. My guess is they both interview well and look striking on stage because its not a typical pageant look.