Type keyword(s) to search

Aviva Drescher: Leggy Blonde

• Start Topic

This is a sincere question: why is Aviva so hated this season? It seems like last season was a long time ago and I am having a hard time remembering the reunion. I know that she caused a big dramatic scene when she arrived to join the ladies on vacation and her husband wasn't welcomed with open arms, and I know that her Dad is a lecherous old creep. Is that pretty much it? Not that those aren't reasons enough to disdain her, but I am wondering if I forgot her other sins.

I can honestly say I waited with anticipation to watch this season because of Aviva! She is deluded and and self absorbed. I thought her apology to Carole in the opening season was terrifying! Her mouth reminded me of the Joker.

I am wondering if the crazy editing monkeys at Bravo will put a spin on Aviva and make her likeable again.

Not that those aren't reasons enough to disdain her, but I am wondering if I forgot her other sins.

For me the two ugliest events which haven't lessened with time and what remains (friends don't let friends pun drunk!) is  Aviva’s disgust when she described Ramona and Sonja in bed together (borderline homophobic, to my ear) and calling Ramona and Sonja (calling anyone, for that matter) “white trash”. Classist and possibly gay-averse; not my favorite twofer.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4

IMHO, since she was 6, she's been pet over and made to feel superior.  That's what irritates me.

I lost most of my left leg 1 1/2 years ago.  I've had to relearn many things.  No, I don't want a banner that says, "Yay Gracie!  You did it!" every time I manage a new life skill.  I do, however, have a t-shirt that says "I'm in it for the parking" with a handicap symbol on it.

Was she speaking figuratively about that last season?  I don't know, but I don't even think it matters.  I think with everything, since she lost her leg, she's been made over and cheered for and "Who's a big girl??  Look what you did!  You learned how to <<insert whatever here>>!" to the point that she's in mid 40's (??) and expects it from everyone in her life.

Just my two cents.  I know what I mean, but am not sure I explained it correctly.

Edited by Gracie
  • Love 12

So many neurosis! How can someone who's afraid of elevators life in New York?

Ha! I said the same thing to myself! I can imagine there are many cities( probably even big ones like LA, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix) where if you were really determined you could avoid elevators, but New York? Especially Manhattan? How is that even possible? Annnnd then last season she went to Miami, annnnnnd she managed to get on an airplane and take an elevator to their penthouse vacation home because she LOVES it so much! Aviva doesn't have phobias. She has things she doesn't like to do that make her tense or uncomfortable that she calls phobia. I have a phobia about cliffs and ledges, it's a fear of heights things but it's very tied to the drop off. I'm ok on say a balcony that has a railing I can touch but a mess on a 3 foot step ladder. I can't just turn it off because I want to. On the other hand, freeways make me nervous and uncomfortable, but I can talk myself down. It's a completely different thing. I think Aviva has a ton of stuff that makes her tense that she calls phobias. There is no way she has lived in Manhattan as long as she says without having to get on an elevator at least a half dozen times a year.

• Love 1

I'm really curious about her marriage. There's no way Reid isn't just as psycho as Veevs. Every time she goes off on one of her rants he just has a smile plastered on his face like he's been overly medicated.

I want more Aviva in her daily life. Does she have any friends? What do the parents of the friends of Harrison think of her. I just don't know how she functions and interacts with people on a daily basis. She's incredibly fascinating to me. Her level of delusion I've never seen on reality tv before.

• Love 1

I hope that both Aviva and Sonja suffer mortification reliving their screechy conversation at LuAnn's.  "You get it!  You get it!"  Oy vey -- zero self-awareness.  I'm hoping that Sonja's ass-kissing is really about setting Aviva up -- I don't sense that Sonja really cares for her either and doubt that Ramona has really forgotten what she endured last season.  I can totally see Ramonja working in cahoots to push her over the edge.  Kill her with kindness. 

And, really, is it at all possible to get through one Harry-Reid encounter without going into talk about sex, and packages, and unwrappings?  This is what passes for fun and wit?  Dumb folks with money.  

Is it just me or are they trying to make it seem like Aviva has a drinking problem this season? This is a genuine question. I don't know if I'm more aware of it or if it's something in the editing. It was obvious with Ramona saying that Aviva usually doesn't drink and then watching her ordering a bunch of drinks in a row to bond with Ramona. But then we saw her getting drinks with Kristen as they waited for Sonja and it just seems like she always has a drink in her hand this season. 

• Love 1

Hey I am not a big Aviva fan but anybody who puts that weasel-faced elitist Carol on the defensive gets some brownie points with me.

Yeah, yeah I know ....she never worked outside the home! How dare she have an opinion. She must be drunk.

• Love 2
(edited)

Hey I am not a big Aviva fan but anybody who puts that weasel-faced elitist Carol on the defensive gets some brownie points with me.

Yeah, yeah I know ....she never worked outside the home! How dare she have an opinion. She must be drunk.

The elitist "accusation" about Carole is interesting. Aviva--she who arrived in St. Barth's and during her tirade talked about her Vassar education and her law degree and the many languages she speaks. She who later went on to call two women "white trash--used the same term against Carole. Not for nothin', I would call Aviva an elitist before I'd use that term on any of these other women. 

Once you've called someone white trash after you've extolled the virtues of your great education and facility with foreign language, you have no leg to stand on (no pun intended. Seriously.) to call anyone else an elitist.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 10

I loved how Aviva said that Heather's language scared her, how she's never used that word before, yet when she went to the farm where she had her accident, she called the machine the very word Heather used. 

• Love 2

I live in Boston and one year ago there were terrorist bombings during the Marathon.  Several people died & many more lost limbs. The grace and dignity and strength these people and their families have shown over the past year is amazing.  There are millions of soldiers and civilians who've lost arms, legs, eyes etc because of wars. Let's not forgot the hundreds of thousands who have had amputations because of an accident or illness.

These people survive, work, attend school, teach, inspire, ache, grieve, laugh and cry everyday without relying on sycophants to tell them how brave/awesome/talented they are for doing something so mundane as picking out yet another Century 21 real estate style blazer from their closet. 99% of these people do not have the financial advantages Aviva has had. So I think well-wishing should be spent on other, less self-absorbed people.

• Love 4

I agree that Aviva is an elitist as is the Countess. But that doesn't excuse Carole when she is dripping with condescension sputtering that "You never worked outside the home."  I think that mothers(fathers for the matter) who stay home to care for their children are the bedrock of our society and don't deserve the scorn of weasel faced poseurs who have a very inflated opinion of their place in the food chain. But your mileage may vary.

• Love 2

But your mileage may vary.

My mileage is the same as yours.

I think that mothers(fathers for the matter) who stay home to care for their children are the bedrock of our society and don't deserve the scorn of weasel faced poseurs who have a very inflated opinion of their place in the food chain.

Word.

• Love 1

Yup. My mileage varies. I'm not going to hold Carole to the fire because Aviva came after her with the accusations. In addition, calling someone "white trash" while you gush about your superior education and how you speak langauges and understand everything just doesn't even compare to me. 

• Love 1

Something that rarely gets mentioned is that many SAHMs worked full time for many years before having children and, well, doing the hard work of staying at home and raising not only the children but taking care of the husband or wife--and the ancestral manse!  I worked for 18 years, full-time and hard, and loved most every minute of it.  I had my son months away from turning 40 -- worked for an additional year after maternity leave -- not a great job on either front during those 12 months -- And then packed it in.  Not without regret but without regret so major that I'm glad I did.  Working outside the home is terrific.  Working inside the home in the interests of raising a child is irreplaceable.  

This whole stupid argument about the stay at homes vs the career girls doesn't take into account that many of us did both -- And that each contribution on either side of the straw argument divide is significant and advances the agenda.  The agenda  being to basically be a human being on planet earth.  These are stupid debates set up by silly people.

In terms of who acts like the biggest ninny in this NY debacle, Aviva definitely takes the cake.  She seems to be pretty poorly educated for an English major.  Carole wouldn't need to have her memoir ghostwritten -- Her work is fine but she's never produced anything of real literary significance.  It would have been cool for Aviva to give her that and stop with the BS drama.  Her mentioning of John Grisham and other C-listers is telling.  People with that level of talent become successful and wealthy and can be fun to read but don't come close to cutting it.  She's a fool.  And she opted to trash her cast mate for a pittance.  I've read portions of Leggy and Widow's Guide both.  Leggy is pretty dreadful and amateurish.  Widow's is derivative and over-blown. 

Carole does appear to be stuck on herself -- I suspect there's a fair amount of insecurity there -- and she lost her temper for sure and said some things she probably should not have said but the level of assault doesn't come close to what Drescher came up with to make herself important to the show and try to promote her tacky product.  

• Love 3

Her mentioning of John Grisham and other C-listers is telling.  People with that level of talent become successful and wealthy and can be fun to read but don't come close to cutting it.  She's a fool.

I think at that point of the argument she was bringing up John Grisham and Stephen King as particularly prolific writers. Of course, it was so long ago that I find it difficult to remember the specifics which is why we should really not be having this argument anymore. Can't these women think of anything more interesting to do?

Alex McCord does wonderful recaps of all the Housewives shows. They are very insightful & she gives us a better understanding as to how the show works. She said that every season all the wives get a contract that is good for 1 season at a time. This season NY received a different type of contract. They got contracts that could be renewed or ended in 7 week intervals. If they refused to film, canceled filming or didn't bring enough drama their contracts are suspended. Aviva's was suspended because of her refusal to go on 2 trips & her lack of story. That is why she wasn't there or in the credits & might not be there for 2 more weeks. She said that they all got this contract with the exception of Ramona who got her normal 1 season contract. I guess it's bring the ratings or get cut.

• Love 3

Does anybody else find Aviva's dad to be  a really creepy old man? I imagine he likes sex, but it is sorta creepy just fondling women. Maybe I am just a prude, but I would not feel comfortable having my friend's dad grope me. At Ramona seems to see the act.

• Like 1
(edited)

Does anybody else find Aviva's dad to be a really creepy old man? I imagine he likes sex, but it is sorta creepy just fondling women. Maybe I am just a prude, but I would not feel comfortable having my friend's dad grope me. At Ramona seems to see the act.

I think just about everybody feels that way about him. There's plenty of people in the episode threads who flat out call him a sexual predator who has sexually assaulted both Sonja and Kristen.

I think Ramona has shown up a little late to the party. Last season she seemed really pleased when George was plastered to her backside with his hand on her belly, while he complimented her on her bathing suit. She was kind of leaning back against him and purring. Now that he's no longer praising her body, maybe Ramona sees his true perversion.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 2

I don't know if anyone else has seen this photo of Aviva, but if you have can you tell me what is going on with her legs? Are her shoes on the wrong feet or does she have the wrong prosthetic leg on or something? At first I thought she just had her legs crossed, but that would be an odd way to pose if you're standing. http://cdn1-www.realitytea.com/assets/uploads/2013/03/aviva-drescher-rhony.jpg

Odd...it looks like a Photoshop gone wrong.

(edited)

I want Aviva to come back next year just for the inevitable scene of her showing up to a cocktail party with her kidney stones in a pickle jar.

Heck, it's Aviva, it'll probably be a kidney in the pickle jar.

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 2

I want Aviva to come back next year just for the inevitable scene of her showing up to a cocktail party with her kidney stones in a pickle jar.

Heck, it's Aviva, it'll probably be a kidney in the pickle jar.

It's Aviva - the kidney will be in a sealed medical waste flask with a certificate of authenticity from the Mayo Clinic.

• Love 2

I was watching some of Season 4 tonight on Hulu, specifically the St. Barth's trip.  The rage that Aviva has is frightening.  I genuinely wonder if her kids are/will be afraid of her.  She really went after Sonja and Ramona over a difference of opinion, and then wouldn't--or couldn't--let it go.  She even says, "you see what happens when you cross me? I'm relentless" and Carole tells her that it's not a good quality.

That said, what a difference a year makes.  Last year, Carole was all up Aviva's ass, double-dating with her and Reid ("I just want to spend time with them!").  Now they can't stand each other. 

• Love 1

It's Aviva - the kidney will be in a sealed medical waste flask with a certificate of authenticity from the Mayo Clinic.

I don't know if it will be sealed though.  She'll want to be able to switch the flask out to suit her wardrobe or the occasion.  And those flasks will have to be plexiglass so if it ends up tossed on the floor at a party, she can't cry over spilled kidney.

The only reason why I'm hanging out for this end of this miserable season is to see why her prosthesis ends up in a corner.  Bravo better not disappoint.

• Love 3

The only reason why I'm hanging out for this end of this miserable season is to see why her prosthesis ends up in a corner.  Bravo better not disappoint.

I'm hanging out just to see if anyone says, "Nobody puts prosthesis in a corner!"

• Love 3
I loved how Aviva said that Heather's language scared her, how she's never used that word before, yet when she went to the farm where she had her accident, she called the machine the very word Heather used.

This is at the root of why I loathe Aviva so much - moreso than any other HW on any other franchise. If you're going to hold everyone to some ridiculous standard, you'd better be sure you're holding yourself to the same one. Aviva is quick to scold others for raising their voice ("you're raising your voice. You're raising your voice. You're raising your voice" instead of actually listening) yet when SHE does it, she'll insist that she's not upset (see the last episode, after she threw her med bottles at Kristin), or that women should be allowed to express themselves. She doesn't like it when Sonja talks about people she knows, or properties she owned with her husband, yet thinks nothing of putting just that in her biography, of how much money and privilege she was raised with. Sonja and Ramona are disgusting for spooning in bed, yet dear old Dads can rub up against and grope whomever he wants; he's just being himself. She tells Heather "no swearing" during their meeting, yet thinks nothing of saying "Shut the fuck up" in front of her children. She's disgusted with Sonja's libertine ways, but asks her ex - right in front of their son - if he and Sonja are "fuckbuddies."

Aviva is a complete narcissist and it's not totally her fault - she was raised to believe that the world revolved around her. She's never had to deal with a lack of accommodation. When Harry couldn't pay their $8K rent (horrors), her grandfather chipped in. When she felt self-conscious wearing a bathing suit with her prosthetic, Dad bought a house in Jamaica, where she could tan and swim in privacy. It goes on and on - she's a diva who's been coddled all her life, and if she has genuine empathy for others, I don't see it. She's zero fun to watch.

• Love 7

So…I'll go out on a limb (hee!) and say I'm probably Aviva's only fan here?  I still think there are more deplorable HWs…past and present in NY and across the franchise.    

The only thing that brings my like down is that simian George…and wow Reid's been a non-entity this season…did he get more air time last season?

I wouldn't say I'm a fan.  I think she's vile but doesn't deserve any more vitriol than, let's say, Ramona.  It surprises me how roundly hated Aviva is by cast and the blogosphere in general.  And it kind of bugs me that her castmates know that she's faking her asthma.  LOL.  How do they know???

And yes, George - Aviva's dad, is bad but Mario - Ramona's husband, is worse.  Adulterer, liar, sleezebag.  I wonder how bad his girlfriend really wanted that abortion.  My money's on that he wanted it more.  At least Aviva owns that her dad is a lech.  Ramona keeps trying to convince us that he's the sexiest, man to ever walk into a room. Best husband, best father.  Wonder what kind of dad he would have been to the baby that he almost had.

• Love 1

Mario's sleazy, but I've never seen him grope a woman on the show, or say "I can give you your first squirting orgasm." As for George not being a cheater, a liar, or a sleazebag himself, try Googling him sometime. I think Aviva mentions in Leggy Blonde that her dad met her mother when he was sleeping with her roommate.

With every comment Ramona makes about Mario, I think she's trying to convince herself that her marriage is okay.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

"I can give you your first squirting orgasm."

Ugh.  That will never NOT be revolting.

Okay, George might be worse than Mario.  But for me, Ramona trumps Aviva in the despicable department.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
So…I'll go out on a limb (hee!) and say I'm probably Aviva's only fan here?

I wonder if you are her only fan at all.  Oh, there seem to be some fans on her Twitter, but I figured she either paid 'em or they were loons who wanted to be near someone on TV.

Hey, if you wanna like her, then that's certainly your choice.  But I find her behavior just so reprehensible.  She's horribly insulted everyone on the show.  She's lied about each & every one of them & always in such an utterly vicious way.  But then again, she lies constantly & she often gets caught in these lies.  And her phobias & illnesses certainly seem to come & go, don't they?  Now, if she were fun or funny, she might be OK to watch -- for me, as a viewer.  But the woman has absolutely no sense humor.  When she tries to joke, it comes off flat or fake.  My biggest beef with her as a viewer is (as someone above said) -- she's not fun to watch.  Her intense anger makes me nervous.  I'd rather not watch her because of it.

The leg tossing coulda been played for laughs -- maybe.  Instead, she merely seems like a scary unbalanced lunatic.  Even if I wanted to try to like Aviva, I can't find anything there to like.  Nothing.  I wonder if any fan of Aviva's can elaborate on what is possibly appealing or likable about her?  Her charity work is nice.  But would that make me like her?  Not really.  Hitler supposedly did charity work too.  John Wayne Gacy did lots of charity work in between his murders.  She may do some nice charity work, but it doesn't take away from the fact that she's a charmless & horrible person. who is nothing other than completely awful to everyone around her (except maybe her personality-free husband & hopefully her children).

I see Bravo is trying to play up the leg tossing in a final last ditch attempt to increase ratings for the show.  Good luck with this move.  It's actually pretty shady of Bravo cuz they're using Aviva to do this, even tho they seem on the verge of firing her.  So will the promos with Veev's leg work?  Doubt it.  Not just cuz there's nothing funny bout any of this.  Or that it's really pretty gross & loony.  Mostly it's cuz the ratings for the show have been consistently so shitty all season and Aviva seems to have almost no fans.  

Look, Veevs is no Nene -- not by a long shot.  Nene has a shit ton of fans.  And this show is hardly Atlanta.  NYC's ratings are probably less than a third of Atlanta's.  I suspect this leg thing is gonna lay a big ole goose egg & this will be the last we'll be seeing or hearing of Veevs.  To that, I say "Awesome!!!" -- um, with all due respect to her fan(s).

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

Ugh.  That will never NOT be revolting.

Okay, George might be worse than Mario.  But for me, Ramona trumps Aviva in the despicable department.

I agree 100%.  Aviva might be horrible, but Ramona is really lucky she is on the show because she takes the heat off of her a little bit. 

IMO it is all about being fake in the minds of the other ladies, which often leads to their downfall. Sometimes a gal can be disliked by the rest of the cast and survive, but in other instances they cannot. The other ladies start refusing to film with them or leave them out of events. This causes hostility all the way around and it becomes hard for the gal to justify her role on the show if folks are icing her out, or going out of their way to try and make her look bad. Of course, all of this is fake to a degree, but I think the problems come in when the rest of the cast believes that one of the gals has basically created a fake persona for the show. Not that they are faking a specific event or emotion, but that they are playing a role that is very different from who they actually are for the show. The other ladies hate this. In almost every situation where you have several of the HW's "going after" another HW, (on the 4 HW shows that I watch) it has basically been about the ladies being pissed that one HW is pretending to be something they are not. Sometimes they say it on the show, sometimes they say it in the media and find other reasons to punish them on the show:

Gretchen - it was hard sometimes to understand why Tamra and Vicks hated her so much early on. They were so mean to her (naked wasted), but it all came out at the reunion. They believed that she had faked pretty much her entire back-story for the show. It's possible that they would have hated her anyway (blonde, pretty, etc). but I think that what they resented was the fact that she was playing a role and garnering fan support/sympathy over a situation that was extremely contrived.

Alexis - same thing. She was as fake as the day is long. She was going through horrible financial issues yet she pretended on the show that they wanted to rent a house instead of buying, or that they could actually afford 4 luxury cars for 2 adults. It would have been one thing if she hadn't bragged about what they had, if she had been struggling financially and just didn't talk about finances. Instead she decided to cultivate a lifestyle that was far from what was actually happening behind the scenes and the gals hated her for that.

Teresa - all of S3 was basically about the fact that she was in reality selling stories to tabloids about her real life, all the while ignoring this and acting like everything was fine on the show. Big fat fucking faker.

Lisa V - they found other reasons to call her out on the show, but behind the scenes we heard lots of folks talk about the fact that Lisa has cultivated a very different personality in front of the camera than the one she has when the cameras are turned off.  Many have said she is standoffish until the producers yell "lights, camera, action".  Then she becomes very charming.  I don't think they believe that she would have the fans she does if she was herself on the show. 

Lu - it was said from season 1 that Lu was a very different person off the show than she was on the show. She was kind, funny, and nonjudgemental when they were just hanging out. When the cameras came on she felt like she had to be this other person in her role as the gal who was married to the Count. It drove Beth, Ramona and especially Alex nuts.

Jill - we all know about how fake she turned out to be and it made the cast and the fans hate her.

To me this is all at the root of the Aviva deal and why she is hated among the cast (and probably the crew) and why they would like to expose her. They think that she created a persona that is in a lot of ways very far from reality, with all of her phobias and such. She ramped all of that up to make the fans root for her and think that she was overcoming so much (overcoming the loss of a leg would be enough for me). 

• Love 4

I don't know if it will be sealed though. She'll want to be able to switch the flask out to suit her wardrobe or the occasion. And those flasks will have to be plexiglass so if it ends up tossed on the floor at a party, she can't cry over spilled kidney.

The only reason why I'm hanging out for this end of this miserable season is to see why her prosthesis ends up in a corner. Bravo better not disappoint.

And then if she left it somewhere, Harry & Ramonja would just hear the word "flask" and be like, flask? alcohol ... yay! Then Aviva could then scream at them, "You tried to get drunk off my kidney, you white trash!" Because hey, they've kinda reached that point with this franchise already.

I agree 100%.  Aviva might be horrible, but Ramona is really lucky she is on the show because she takes the heat off of her a little bit. 

IMO it is all about being fake in the minds of the other ladies, which often leads to their downfall. Sometimes a gal can be disliked by the rest of the cast and survive, but in other instances they cannot. The other ladies start refusing to film with them or leave them out of events. This causes hostility all the way around and it becomes hard for the gal to justify her role on the show if folks are icing her out, or going out of their way to try and make her look bad. Of course, all of this is fake to a degree, but I think the problems come in when the rest of the cast believes that one of the gals has basically created a fake persona for the show. Not that they are faking a specific event or emotion, but that they are playing a role that is very different from who they actually are for the show. The other ladies hate this. In almost every situation where you have several of the HW's "going after" another HW, (on the 4 HW shows that I watch) it has basically been about the ladies being pissed that one HW is pretending to be something they are not. Sometimes they say it on the show, sometimes they say it in the media and find other reasons to punish them on the show:

Gretchen - it was hard sometimes to understand why Tamra and Vicks hated her so much early on. They were so mean to her (naked wasted), but it all came out at the reunion. They believed that she had faked pretty much her entire back-story for the show. It's possible that they would have hated her anyway (blonde, pretty, etc). but I think that what they resented was the fact that she was playing a role and garnering fan support/sympathy over a situation that was extremely contrived.

Alexis - same thing. She was as fake as the day is long. She was going through horrible financial issues yet she pretended on the show that they wanted to rent a house instead of buying, or that they could actually afford 4 luxury cars for 2 adults. It would have been one thing if she hadn't bragged about what they had, if she had been struggling financially and just didn't talk about finances. Instead she decided to cultivate a lifestyle that was far from what was actually happening behind the scenes and the gals hated her for that.

Teresa - all of S3 was basically about the fact that she was in reality selling stories to tabloids about her real life, all the while ignoring this and acting like everything was fine on the show. Big fat fucking faker.

Lisa V - they found other reasons to call her out on the show, but behind the scenes we heard lots of folks talk about the fact that Lisa has cultivated a very different personality in front of the camera than the one she has when the cameras are turned off.  Many have said she is standoffish until the producers yell "lights, camera, action".  Then she becomes very charming.  I don't think they believe that she would have the fans she does if she was herself on the show. 

Lu - it was said from season 1 that Lu was a very different person off the show than she was on the show. She was kind, funny, and nonjudgemental when they were just hanging out. When the cameras came on she felt like she had to be this other person in her role as the gal who was married to the Count. It drove Beth, Ramona and especially Alex nuts.

Jill - we all know about how fake she turned out to be and it made the cast and the fans hate her.

To me this is all at the root of the Aviva deal and why she is hated among the cast (and probably the crew) and why they would like to expose her. They think that she created a persona that is in a lot of ways very far from reality, with all of her phobias and such. She ramped all of that up to make the fans root for her and think that she was overcoming so much (overcoming the loss of a leg would be enough for me).

Ding ding ding. I think her unjustified sense of entitlement soured them on Aviva last season, but her bullshit this season just broke any possibility of a civil relationship. From her new fake house to her friendship with attack dog BASIC (Bitch Amanda Sanders Image Consultant) to her gross father's fiance and her sudden asthma, everything she's done this season has been rude, fake, and entitled.

Though I think the women didn't want to film with Kelly because it was not good for her mental health. However if the stories about secret drug use are true, they may have stopped because of that.

• Love 1

I thought Aviva had a pretty interesting story her first season. In the early episodes she came across as extremely prim and eccentric. Everyone babied her but seemed to like her. I thought she was reality tv gold during her St. Barts meltdown. I was totally on the side of Ramona & Sonja. I couldn't believe how Heather & Carole refused to criticize any of Aviva's behavior. Aviva was so cruel to Ramona & Sonja during their lunch sitdowns after returning from that vacation. At the reunion Carole & Heather were still supporting Aviva & George and thought Ramona overreacted throwing him out of her party.

IDK what happened over the long break. Aviva now seems to just be playing a character.  Every word and action seems amped up for the camera. Where last season she just seemed naturally crazy and entitled.

I still can't get over how she changed her son's name when he was 4 months old. Then consulted with therapists to ensure he wouldn't have issues later in life. She then wanted to change her daughter's name but Reid wouldn't allow her.

I think a more interesting storyline would be how she parents her children and copes within her dysfunctional co-dependent marriage. Too late now. She's gone. Lol.

• Love 3

Ding ding ding. I think her unjustified sense of entitlement soured them on Aviva last season, but her bullshit this season just broke any possibility of a civil relationship. From her new fake house to her friendship with attack dog BASIC (Bitch Amanda Sanders Image Consultant) to her gross father's fiance and her sudden asthma, everything she's done this season has been rude, fake, and entitled.

Though I think the women didn't want to film with Kelly because it was not good for her mental health. However if the stories about secret drug use are true, they may have stopped because of that.

I wonder what it cost her to rent that apartment. I'm assuming the image consultant, art show items, etc. she hustled up on the free but that apt didn't come cheaply so I'd bet it actually cost her to be on the show this season. Hope it was worth it.

I've been following the discussion of Ramona VS. Aviva and why Aviva seems to get more vitriol than Ramona. 

For me, it boils down to entertainment factor. If I look back over the seasons at Ramona's behavior, there have been times that I have wondered how she has gone her entire adult life without being punched in the mouth. But, there have been times when I have also laughed out loud at her behavior (the modeling thing with the crazy eyes/the first Turtle Time/Dancing with Simon at Jill's charity event), her delusions (she's the best hostess ever, she knows the fashion industry, "going down to the Social Register"), and her malapropisms (mountains out of holemills, Kaduz). Also, "Who are you to get me wet" was my ringtone for a few weeks because it was just so freaking funny.

Plus, and prior to this season, this was the biggest thing about her that I enjoyed, Ramona never seemed to take herself so seriously that she was ever bothered by any of the criticism or snark. That isn't as much the case this season, but I suspect it's because of her marriage imploding so publicly and her trying her best to control that. 

When it comes to Aviva, she just isn't entertaining. Not only does she say these vicious things seemingly out of no where, but she just so joyless and self important. She tries to hard to be the villain of the piece whereas Ramona is just organically the villain or the comic relief. She takes herself and the reactions to her behavior way too seriously and there is nothing entertaining or organic about her behavior.

It's hard to explain the differences but, they are there - at least for me.

• Love 8