Type keyword(s) to search

Aviva Drescher: Leggy Blonde

• Start Topic

I just think if the artist sold a painting for $50k because of Aviva (and that part of the story seems true), just pay the money, move on and learn from the situation.

Except that there does not appear to have been any agreement that he owed her a commission.  It sounds like he loaned her the pieces for a period of time - that this wasn't the one time "let's show some artwork of new artists" scene involving LuAnn's daughter's work.  Instead, the Dreschers' obtained free artwork to make their apt looked more lived in.

That Aviva's statement to Page 6 isn't "he owes me money" but "I asked him to take the pictures [that's paintings, "writer girl"!] and he didn't" tells me she knows she has no evidence she is owed money by the artist.

• Love 1

I know there was no prior arrangement and I know that Aviva wasn't owed any money. My point is the artist took a gamble with his art when he agreed to hang it in Aviva's and Reid's apt for TV exposure. He later finds out Aviva and Reid are slime balls and want money for selling a $50 k painting when no prior arrangement was made. Now I'm saying he should have just given them the money, moved on and told everyone he meets what happened.

He later finds out Aviva and Reid are slime balls and want money for selling a $50 k painting when no prior arrangement was made. Now I'm saying he should have just given them the money, moved on and told everyone he meets what happened.

He could do that, sure. It would resolve the mess and they'd all walk away, vowing never to see one another ever again. On the other hand, there was, evidently, no contract and agreement that they were in essence acting as agents representing his work. No contract = no fees to be reasonably expected or agreed to. Real galleries/agents and the like have standard contracts in which they agree to represent an artist. The artist signs and agrees that, should they sell any of the work, a fee of whatever percentage agreed upon will be paid.

Were I the artist I'd flatout refuse to be blackmailed and agree that the dispute can be settled in court. Then I'd call any and all media willing to listen and shout high and low that these people are dishonest scum. Without a written contract, the Drescher's chance or winning should, I'd think, be slight.

• Love 2

Aviva and Reid are going onto another reality show.

MARRIAGE BOOT CAMP

I thought her and Reid had the perfect marriage, she can't even wipe her ass without her dear Reid by her side.  My, what people will sink to in order to attempt to stay relevant in their famewhoring.

'Real Housewives of New York' will film without Aviva Drescher, who's going to new 'Marriage Boot Camp'

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/aviva-drescher-exit-pulling-housewives-leg-article-1.1944990

I just read that Aviva and Reid are doing Marriage Bootcamp. I guess she is not just going to fade into oblivion. Fame is a hell of a drug.

Anyone else read "fame is a hell of a drug" in Rick James' voice from his long ago appearance on 'Chappelle's Show'?  Just me?  Carry on, then.

• Love 1

Well, I definitely won't be watching Marriage Boot Camp's next season. 

This is another horrible show on WE, trying to showcase "stars".  Next stop would probably be David Tutera's CELEBrations, if that wretched show gets another season.

Curious to see what issues Aviva comes up with for the show, plus how many exercises (like the fire thing, the paintball, the water/bricks) she'll bail on claiming some medical/phobia excuse.  I can get that from recaps, no desire to see her on air anywhere again.

• Love 1

Ick! I can't imagine why Reid would agree to Marriage Boot Camp. He at least has a professional reputation to uphold, but maybe he figured his dear wife left the Drescher name compromised already, he might as well get his 15 minutes and a paycheck out of it. It's still odd, given how checked-out he seemed during some of the scenes on the last season. I can't imagine Aviva's motivation to do this, other than money. Makes me wonder if Dad's recent marriage has made her nervous about her portion. Maybe she and Reid have already agreed to a narrative and are play-acting for the benefit of a paycheck.

Or maybe they really ARE having problems. But if so, wouldn't you want to tackle those in private? I'm sure that Aviva's neediness is exhausting.

I doubt I'll watch…but will read re-caps!

I don't think it has anything to do with money, other than her probably thinking they should pay her more. I think it's all about fame. Aviva just knows she's interesting and fabulous and Bravo didn't quite capture that. All she needs is more exposure for the world to see how special she is.

Think Slade Smiley

• Love 4
I know there was no prior arrangement and I know that Aviva wasn't owed any money. My point is the artist took a gamble with his art when he agreed to hang it in Aviva's and Reid's apt for TV exposure. He later finds out Aviva and Reid are slime balls and want money for selling a $50 k painting when no prior arrangement was made. Now I'm saying he should have just given them the money, moved on and told everyone he meets what happened.

This is a really strange story.  Well, we do know Aviva was "showing" paintings in her home, right?  Wasn't there something about her showing Lu's daughter Victoria's painting(s)?  Wonder if poor dour scraggly Vic got hers back or did Veevs steal those too?  

I'm very familiar with the art world here in NYC and this situation is definitely not typical.  Artists whose works command these kind of prices work directly with the higher end galleries.  That's mostly the way it goes.  And they usually have very strict agreements.  Sure, there are some wealthy collectors who have their own trusted agents/dealers who are not connected with any galleries, but may have connections or relationships with certain artists (who also may have their own trusted agents/dealers).

Here's what I think happened.  Veevs probably put it out (likely thru a PR person) to NYC galleries & artists, she would be showing art in her home for the show & it would be a good opportunity for sales & promotion.  I can see how artists/galleries would be interested in lending her something.  What I don't understand is how there wasn't a written agreement on lending her anything.  Reminds me of the stars on the red carpets with all the incredible (borrowed) bling.  I've seen the contracts those gals have to sign when they borrow that bling.  I remember when Sharon Stone tried to keep some Harry Winston baubles some years back.  Don't mess with the Harry Winston peeps.  They are very nasty indeed.  Sharon of course had to give everything back eventually.

Anyhoo, I still don't get why this artist didn't have some kind of formal agreement with Veevs.  But even if he didn't, it doesn't matter.  And even if Veevs remembers absolutely nothing from her wasted law school education, she deserves not one single penny from the sale of any paintings if there was no agreement with the artist.

But here's the thing.  Why the fuckety fuck are these people -- who are supposed to be sooooo rich, busy nickel-and-diming some artist for 5 thou or 10 thou or whatever amount the commission they think they're entitled to?  I mean, they're just so super-duper rich, so isn't that a pittance to them?  Or is it that the money really doesn't matter to them & they BOTH are just 2 exceptionally & extremely nasty fucks?  So the only thing I get from this story is confirmation of what I always suspected.  Reid is just as big of an asshole as Veevs is.  Blech, what horrible people.  Fran, you really got yourself a shit cousin.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4
Well, I definitely won't be watching Marriage Boot Camp's next season.

I watched Gretch & Slade for about 2 minutes & knew that show was not for me.  Doesn't this show tend to get only trashy, lowlife, really gross characters?  Veevs is that desperate for attention, she's willing to mix with what will likely be extremely vile garbage?  How pathetic.  Can't say I have any curiosity or interest to watch how they'll cope.

• Love 2

I watched Gretch & Slade for about 2 minutes & knew that show was not for me.  Doesn't this show tend to get only trashy, lowlife, really gross characters?  Veevs is that desperate for attention, she's willing to mix with what will likely be extremely vile garbage?  How pathetic.  Can't say I have any curiosity or interest to watch how they'll cope.

But Scoobs--with all (and I mean all) respect; who the hell would agree to be on a show like that other than trashy, lowlife, really gross characters? 'Let's talk about out shitty marriage and what major a-holes we are on national TV for a few thousand dollars.' 'Hey, works for me!'

It's a 'duh' moment in my book.

• Love 1
I mean, they're just so super-duper rich, so isn't that a pittance to them?

That's why I don't get it, between this and Aviva's agreeing to go on Marriage Boot Camp. Did Reid hit a rough patch in his business? If money's not the motivation, then what is?

If Aviva is using MBC as a way to repair her image, and show more of a human, vulnerable side, I can think of plenty of ways to do without resorting to that show.

That's why I don't get it, between this and Aviva's agreeing to go on Marriage Boot Camp. Did Reid hit a rough patch in his business? If money's not the motivation, then what is?

I don't pretend to know why any of these people agreed to sign on for this or any other reality show--so called fame? Recognition? Money? Ego--or salving a lack there of?

I do know several wealthy people (not me, god knows) who are seriously paranoid about losing their money or becoming broke--or of having 'people'--whomever they think matters--believe they're in the poor house. One cousin has even told me that she inherited more money than she will ever spend. Last night she was telling me she can't afford a passport. They're what? Around $35 or $50? Insecure, I guess.

• Love 1

OK, reality shows, in general, clearly do not tend to attract a high class group.  But MBC, in particular, gets the lowest of the low.  Sleazy garbage people.  Gretchie poo & Slade must have fit right in.  But I have no doubt Veevs & Reid will be horrified by such people.  They're really gonna put themselves in this situation where they have to live with these awful characters -- all for a 150 thou?  I figured Veevs spends that in a month.  None of it makes any sense to me.

Yeah, but Simon is merely another poor struggling working stiff.  Reid OTOH is supposedly enormously rich.  Why would he wanna continue on the reality path -- and with such a sleazy show?

Can you imagine what a hell his live would have been if she insisted that she reallyreallyreally had to be on RHWNY because her doctor (her doctor, dammit!!!) wrote a RX saying that she had to because it's the only cure for her asthma and her leg will grow back if only she's on national TV? The man might have well jumped out of their rented window.

Ha! So Aviva's "affinity for fame" and self-internet searches are driving a wedge between her and Reid. What better way to address these issues than to go on a reality TV show, which will just fuel both of these problems?

I wonder how much Reid really hates the fame thing and Aviva's role in it. After all, he reportedly told RHONY production that he'd "get Aviva to Montana" if they could promise her a third season. Nonetheless, it's wholly believable to me that he's tired of Aviva and her martyrdom.

Veevs, when both your marriages falter at the 5-6 year mark, maybe it's not that you picked the wrong guys.

• Love 2
Okay, so between holding artwork hostage for $10K, trying to squeeze a bonus out of Bravo for tossing her leg, and refusing to pay a 10% commission on $50K, I am very suspicious about the state of the Dreschers' finances. This is not the behaviour of wealthy NY socialites. I know she's desperate to keep her name in lights, but I think she may also need the money.
  • Love 2

Wow, just how low will she go? I know we throw the Narcissist label on all these reality tv fame whores, but Aviva seems to be their Queen. She would have asked for more money than $100,000 for another week of filming? Who the fuck does she think she is? And the taking of her phone, IPad and not letting her leave......really Aviva? Did you think you were hired as a real actress? Unfuckingbelievable.

Crap, now I might just have to watch that show to see just how big of a C.U.Next.Tuesday she really is. I'm thinking she's a huge one.

• Love 1

I'm curious if something is amiss with the Dreschers' finances, but I don't think that's it. I think this is their M.O. -- to stiff people. The agent may be sleazy, but she got them the gig so she's earned her fee. There shouldn't be any doubt Reid is every bit as awful as Veevs.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1
Love that Aviva is lumped in with Octomom, Michael Lohan, and Tan Mom -- perfect! Classy.

It's poetic justice, considering how she looked down on Ramonja in St. Barth's (and in contrast, told Carole and Russ that they were nice, genteel people). Well, Aviva's sure as hell not going to be hanging with any genteel people on this show. Whatever anyone says about Ramona, or Sonja, I still think they're both a step up from Octomom, Tan Mom, and Michael Lohan. Yikes!

Aviva called people white trash (quite frankly) and now she gets to earn her paycheck by spending time with the likes of them. Oh, the irony.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 5

Ah, Veevs & the Situation.  Congrats on this awesome gig, Veevs -- mixing with garbage people.  Did Sitch give her any tips on avoiding paying taxes?  Wouldn't do her & Reid much good cuz it looks like he's goin' to the slammer for a looooong stretch.

In light of all the speculation on the other threads, I have to say, would it be such a bad thing if Bravo had Aviva back for a one or two episode leg-throw? She's not interesting enough to have her own separate storylines, but she could totally serve as the psycho at the cocktail party who whips everyone into a froth. They tried with Amanda last season, but no dice.

Yes, Aviva is hated, but the hatred seems real and true. I'd much rather see a Veevs guest appearance to channel the HW drama than some manufactured Team A vs. Team B showdown, since I'm not really convinced at this point that the upcoming cast actually dislike each other enough for any kind of battle royale to seem anything but completely scripted.

• Love 1

In light of all the speculation on the other threads, I have to say, would it be such a bad thing if Bravo had Aviva back for a one or two episode leg-throw? She's not interesting enough to have her own separate storylines, but she could totally serve as the psycho at the cocktail party who whips everyone into a froth. They tried with Amanda last season, but no dice.

Yes, Aviva is hated, but the hatred seems real and true. I'd much rather see a Veevs guest appearance to channel the HW drama than some manufactured Team A vs. Team B showdown, since I'm not really convinced at this point that the upcoming cast actually dislike each other enough for any kind of battle royale to seem anything but completely scripted.

I don't want Aviva back for any reason.

I do think it would be awesome if we could get back to the original days of the Housewives - no teams, just them showing their lives and interactions. I like that the cast seems to like each other. I would love it if any drama came from them just living their lives and not because there is some staged gathering. Even better would be if the drama came from interactions outside of them dealing with the cast. 

Having the women just hate each other but be forced to film together isn't as entertaining to me. I miss the fun days when the show depicted the women's lives and the crazy that I would never see in my life. 

• Love 5

I''m trying to think of the days when there wasn't turmoil between the women. Yes, Jill formally coined 'teams' for this group. Although I think it was Aniston and Jolie that made teams a thing in the blogosphere. And I hate that. But really all she did was formally put a name to what's been going on in all the franchises since day one. Maybe not in the O.C's first season?

After Aviva's and her Perv's..... errr......I mean Father's first season, I vowed never to watch NYC again as long as she was on and I did not watch this season but of course heard bit and pieces.  Now that she is gone, I will watch next season.  She really is a nasty, nasty piece of work.  She's like Allison DuBois (Friend of Camille's in the OC) but not on my tv just 1x but over and over with a sex-crazed senior citizen side kick!

Edited by crgirl412

I''m trying to think of the days when there wasn't turmoil between the women. Yes, Jill formally coined 'teams' for this group. Although I think it was Aniston and Jolie that made teams a thing in the blogosphere. And I hate that. But really all she did was formally put a name to what's been going on in all the franchises since day one. Maybe not in the O.C's first season?

I don't think there were teams in New York's early seasons. Jill's "team Jill" shirt was cute because it was about the proposed tennis match. But, Jill took it to the extreme of making sure the cast divided along team lines. Jill and Bethenny were friends. Jill was trying to befriend Alex and Simon. Jill and Ramona were friends who had their moments of disagreement. But, in those first two seasons there weren't any actual teams. It was the season when Jill decided to create a story line out of a fight with Bethenny that we really started seeing the whole team mentality. There had been hints of it prior to that, but nothing to the extreme she made it. I mean she had other reality show participants weighing in on what team they were on. 

Prior to that people either got along or they didn't. But, Jill wanted there to be decided teams. You were either on her team or you were on Bethenny's team. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 2

I see what you're saying. They weren't clearly divided down the middle (tall vs. smalls) or mostly all against one (Aviva, Michaele) but there has certainly always been some sort of turmoil happening between some bodies at some time.

I think the dynamic gets even more heated/divided when the husbands get involved. (Mario, Simon, Apollo, Peter, The 2 Joes.) Maybe that's why NYC was relatively calm last season as the husbands didn't help ramp up the drama often.

If that theory holds true, then this season should be calmer still. Out of 7, only 2 of them are still married. And I don't think we're going to see much of Jonathon. Which leaves Josh. I hope he finds someone other than Kristen to pick on. I believe he thinks that's his niche.

• Love 4

Has anyone seen previews for Marriage Boot Camp yet?! I've been watching RHONJ on Hulu and saw two previews earlier today. In one clip, Reid barks "I'm sick of this!" and seemingly tosses Aviva's prosthetic leg at her feet (it's an extra leg). I say "seemingly" because who knows what editing tricks were pulled to make it all look more dramatic.

I've never watched MBC before but I might just to see the normally mild-mannered Reid snap. All of the couples seemed like hot messes, particularly Heidi and Spencer Pratt. So funny that Aviva held herself up as a person with class, and she sold out what remained of her soul to appear on MBC.

Hoo boy, Heidi and Spencer, plus Aviva and Reid? Count me in, for as long as I can stand it anyway. I tried to watch it for Gretchen and Slade and felt like I needed to shower afterwards. But I'll give it another try just for those four fine weirdos!

• Love 1

Poetic, the narrative is that Aviva's need for her 15 minutes of fame has put a strain on her marriage…which makes no sense if they're working it out on a reality TV show. While I don't doubt that their marriage is in trouble, I think it's more about Reid being exhausted by his wife's phobias, neediness, tantrums, eternal martyrdom and unforgiving nature. How can you have a partnership with someone who's always a victim?

I also wouldn't be surprised if George has been overly meddlesome. Look at how he handled Ramona at her fundraiser and tried to wheedle an apology out of her. I'm sure he's done the same thing with Reid - run interference if he and Aviva have had a fight. Or, maybe he's made an ill-conceived "joke" about money if Reid's had a bad year, like "Reid, you're not keeping my daughter in the way she was accustomed."

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 1

I'm watching Marriage Boot Camp right now and Veevs is going to get her ass kicked by two of those women, the two African-American women. They are so mouthy and domineering and you can see Veevs face curling up with disgust that she's having to associate with people who she clearly considers to be even more 'ghetto' than Heather.

Her big issue with Reid is that she wants another baby and he doesn't. To her this is non-negotiable but isn't she 50 or something? Oh no, I forgot, at least she's NOT 50!

Edited by essexjan
  • Love 3

According to this, Aviva had trouble with an exercise of using dolls to re-enact the sex life she and Reid have. I understand that -  I'd have trouble with that too, on national television! - but this is a woman who's had NO trouble talking about other people's sex lives, and making innuendo. Funny when the mirror's turned back on ya, huh?

Just watched Marriage Bootcamp for about 2 minutes, which is about as much as I could stand of this horrible, horrible show.  The usual garbage people are on there.  Sheesh, Reid & Veevs look so bizarrely out of place on this show.  Reid is dressed in his usual boring rich old man wardrobe we've seen on him before & Veevs actually looks sorta sleek in a nice silk dress.  But everyone else is very young & they're all dressed like tacky poor slobs.  Er, huh?

There's a strange "game" where a lady, who says she's a judge & is dressed in judge's robe, says what she thinks of each couple's probs.  Both Reid & Veevs say teary-eyed they are on the verge of divorce cuz Reid thinks Veevs spoils the kids too much.  Veevs thinks giving her 13 year old a very expensive watch is no big deal.  Reid says it's ridiculous.  They talk about who would get custody of the kids if they divorce & what Veevs would get in the settlement.  They're both fake crying.  And doing it really badly.  OK then.  

So in a TH, Spencer (yeah, of Heidi & Spencer -- puke & retch) says these 2 are faking everything they're saying & they should be on Broadway cuz they're acting so much.  Er, except they're acting everything so terribly they'd never be on Broadway in a zillion years.  They couldn't even be in some shitty dinner theater in Bumfuck, Nowhere.  

Why in the world are these 2 on this show making such fools of themselves & having to endure being near these garbage people?  Why would they humiliate themselves like this for a measly hundred thou when Reid is worth tens of millions?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

Good lord, it reminds me of the constantly shifting reasons of why the US went into Iraq years ago. So, the Dreschers' reasons for marital strain have been about (allegedly and reportedly):

Veevs' need for fame

Veevs' desire for another child

and now, Veevs' spoiling of their kids.

Pick a narrative and stick to it, people. (Although, it's interesting that all of these reasons are about Aviva and not Reid.) I wouldn't be surprised if this is all just a charade for a quick $100K while Veevs still has some "fame" left on the meter.

• Love 1