Type keyword(s) to search

Aviva Drescher: Leggy Blonde

• Start Topic

I agree with you Matilda. Aviva has not shown herself to be one bit of fun. 

That said:  Who would you be more afraid of if she were drunk, really angry at you - like cheating with her husband kind of angry - and holding a butcher knife?  LOL. Me?  Ramona

I dunno.  I'd feel safer turning my back on Aviva than Ramona.  Aviva seems like a joyless bitch whereas Ramona seems like a manic one. Aviva has often shown great self control when in the heat of battle (sometimes, not).  Moaner, less so.  Ramona's behavior seems more random and unpredictable which scares me more.

• Love 2

I agree with you Matilda. Aviva has not shown herself to be one bit of fun. 

That said:  Who would you be more afraid of if she were drunk, really angry at you - like cheating with her husband kind of angry - and holding a butcher knife?  LOL. Me?  Ramona

I dunno.  I'd feel safer turning my back on Aviva than Ramona.  Aviva seems like a joyless bitch whereas Ramona seems like a manic one. Aviva has often shown great self control when in the heat of battle (sometimes, not).  Moaner, less so.  Ramona's behavior seems more random and unpredictable which scares me more.

Oh, I wouldn't hang out with Ramona for any reason.

I would never say that Ramona is someone I would enjoy in real life. I just think the reason she doesn't get the level of hate that Aviva gets from the viewers is that she actually provides entertainment value - usually when she isn't trying to and is just being her delusional self. 

• Love 4

I don't know…I can't put Aviva as most revolting HW when we have Tamra and Brandi running around.

Me, neither.  As much as I dislike Heather, she wouldn't even be in my top 8.  Maybe there should be a Rate-A-Hated-Housewife thread.  Ramona would be at the top of my list.  Followed closely by Tamara, Theresa, Brandi.  Gosh, then there's Caroline...and Yolanda.   I'd need to make a spreadsheet. 

• Love 5

Me, neither.  As much as I dislike Heather, she wouldn't even be in my top 8.  Maybe there should be a Rate-A-Hated-Housewife thread.  Ramona would be at the top of my list.  Followed closely by Tamara, Theresa, Brandi.  Gosh, then there's Caroline...and Yolanda.   I'd need to make a spreadsheet. 

…I have two categories I put my dislike for the HWs:

Category one is the persona's cultivated on the show.  At the top of the list are those C-U-Next-Tuesdays Tamra and Brandi, followed by those wise sage/above-it-alls Yolanda and Caroline, followed by the socially awkward or unpleasant (which seems to be the category some are putting Aviva in) but for me this includes one-and-dones Carlton and Cindy.

My category two is based on outside the show:  This includes Teresa's legal issues, Michaele's party crashing, Brandi's self destructing and Taylor's revisionist history of her marriage and abuse.  

So until Aviva files a fraudulent BK, crashes a White House party or function, is drunk in public missing a leg and has her tampon string hanging out…based on my two categories I feel she's not even on my radar for most revolting… 

• Love 3

I finally figured out who Aviva reminds me of...Veruca Salt. Not the one in the Johnny Depp remake, but the 1970s Gene Wilder original. It's not just the mouth/bared teeth when having her tantrums, it's the overall attitude of being spoiled and entitled.

• Love 1

I don't watch all of them, but it sure seems there is guaranteed to be one housewife per show who is in serious need of mental help. Aviva, qualifies, imo. However, the place for the discussion was not the party for "Team Sonja", imo.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Zone%3A+I+lost+my+leg+in+an+accident+at+the+age+of+6,+but+I+fought+to...-a060390961

But, when she was 13, a photographer friend of the family suggested Aviva try modelling.

Throughout college, Aviva kept up her modelling as sideline to her law and language studies.MODELLING, more than anything else, has helped Aviva come to terms with her affliction. Though she still wonders why she was given so much, only to have so much taken away.

Now she has decided that 15 years is enough.

"I know how easily beauty goes. I wanted to do more with my life," she says.

Which is why she has finally taken up a career as a lawyer.

from The Mirror Feb 16 1999

28 year old Aviva talks about her leg and burgeoning relationship with Harry.

• Love 2

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Zone%3A+I+lost+my+leg+in+an+accident+at+the+age+of+6,+but+I+fought+to...-a060390961

28 year old Aviva talks about her leg and burgeoning relationship with Harry.

People on those boards amaze me. You always manage to find little gems on the internet, I keep on thanking for articles posted ! 

Shallow : I like her name, Aviva, and like the meaning of it Spring in Hebrew. It's lovely.

Excellent read ! The part where she said she was awake during her second amputation was a little bit much for me to handle without feeling sick at the idea but the part where she explains how they made her first esthetically "good" prosthetic is really interesting.

I will still snark because that was made in England, molded on her leg and she needed to take a plane for that.

Aviva talked about Aimee Mullins in this interview. I had never heard of her. The google image search shows really beautiful pictures of her with her running blades and some stunning modeling ones for Alexander McQueen particularly.

http://1.1.1.3/bmi/www.papermag.com/uploaded_images/aimeemullins.gif

http://1.1.1.4/bmi/pinsndls.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/aimee-by-nick-knight-for-the-alexander-mcqueen-guest-edited-issue-of-dazed-confused.jpg

Her CV is quite impressive too. 

The last quote of the article is priceless : "I am just glad that losing my leg is the worst of my troubles."

I laughed at that one !

Thanks Lola16 !

• Love 1

Wow, thanks so much for posting that link, Lola!  Very interesting.  Still think she's behaved nothing but horribly on the show, but her history is really fascinating.  It's hard not to admire her perseverance & courage.  Why is there such a vast disconnect between the brave young woman described in that link & the screaming nasty awful shrew we see on the show?

• Love 2

I think there are definite hints as to Aviva's current personality in that interview. 

It'd be interesting to see Aviva's modeling portfolio.  Curious as to why she hasn't shared that info with Kristen?  Or use it to bond with LuAnn?

I find it amusing that a highly educated, urbane, sophisticated polyglot like Aviva decides that her best career move is to throw her prosthetic leg across a restaurant and bask in the fall out. Jeez, and I thought the Kardashians have made some pretty stupid moves in their pursuit of fame.

• Love 2

People on those boards amaze me. You always manage to find little gems on the internet, I keep on thanking for articles posted ! 

Shallow : I like her name, Aviva, and like the meaning of it Spring in Hebrew. It's lovely.

Excellent read ! The part where she said she was awake during her second amputation was a little bit much for me to handle without feeling sick at the idea but the part where she explains how they made her first esthetically "good" prosthetic is really interesting.

I will still snark because that was made in England, molded on her leg and she needed to take a plane for that.

Aviva talked about Aimee Mullins in this interview. I had never heard of her. The google image search shows really beautiful pictures of her with her running blades and some stunning modeling ones for Alexander McQueen particularly.

http://1.1.1.3/bmi/www.papermag.com/uploaded_images/aimeemullins.gif

http://1.1.1.4/bmi/pinsndls.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/aimee-by-nick-knight-for-the-alexander-mcqueen-guest-edited-issue-of-dazed-confused.jpg

Her CV is quite impressive too. 

The last quote of the article is priceless : "I am just glad that losing my leg is the worst of my troubles."

I laughed at that one !

Thanks Lola16 !

I think that is the only thing I like about this woman. Her name really is lovely. 

• Love 2

It'd be interesting to see Aviva's modeling portfolio.  Curious as to why she hasn't shared that info with Kristen?  Or use it to bond with LuAnn?

I guess she used it to bond with Sonja instead.

Is this for real? She really married that disgusting old pervert?? And Aviva was a no show? Going to take a Clorox shower now. (Just to be clear, I don't care about the age difference, George is just beyond disgusting.)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2716068/Real-Housewife-Aviva-Drescher-43-no-father-George-Teichner-76-marries-Dana-Lavette-Cody-25-Malibu-despite-51-year-age-gap.html

Is he that rich? Wonder what his heart history is...

• Love 1

Is this for real?  She really married that disgusting old pervert??  And Aviva was a no show?  

Just goes to show ya that there's someone out there for everyone.

Aviva probably found out George didn't insist on a pre-nup.  I don't think she and her new step-mom are going to be besties.

• Love 1

Just goes to show ya that there's someone out there for everyone.

Aviva probably found out George didn't insist on a pre-nup.  I don't think she and her new step-mom are going to be besties.

Aviva has mentioned on a couple of occasions that she didn't care about her dad's money when the young girl friend/engagement/marriage was brought up. Every time I felt she was lying and that she very much cares about where his money goes.
  • Love 2

Interesting! According to this, Reid Drescher - quiet, don't-involve-me Reid - told production he would get Aviva to Montana if they could promise her a third season.

http://popdust.com/2014/08/06/carole-radziwill-aviva-drescher-real-housewives-of-new-york-reunion-rhony/

So much for the asthma, for "I don't care about the show" bravado from her. I guess when Princess wasn't promised a slot in the next season, she came up with a reason to bail. (Why would she even WANT to come back, anyway? She just does more and more damage to her own reputation.)

Interesting! According to this, Reid Drescher - quiet, don't-involve-me Reid - told production he would get Aviva to Montana if they could promise her a third season.

http://popdust.com/2014/08/06/carole-radziwill-aviva-drescher-real-housewives-of-new-york-reunion-rhony/

So much for the asthma, for "I don't care about the show" bravado from her. I guess when Princess wasn't promised a slot in the next season, she came up with a reason to bail. (Why would she even WANT to come back, anyway? She just does more and more damage to her own reputation.)

Wow. Carol is just not holding back, is she?

He probably wants something to keep her busy.

So, ScoobieDoobs just posted a link to a BuzzFeed article--"6 Things Aviva Drescher Said About BuzzFeed’s Interview With Carole Radziwill"-- where Aviva rebuts points brought up in Kate Arthur's original interview with Carole.

I just don't understand how Aviva continues to push forth this narrative that Carole had a ghost writer because, according to Aviva, Carole was a first time writer (not true, but let's go with it). However, any time the question is posed to Aviva, a first-time writer, if she had a ghost writer, she emphatically denies that she had one. The woman whom she names first in her acknowledgements, Valerie Frankel, is a ghost writer and a writer by trade.* She is not an editor. Yet, first-time writer Aviva keeps trying to advance the story that she didn't have a ghost writer; that Valerie was her editor. 

Then she goes on to say that Carole wouldn't have had a career if she hadn't traded on the Kennedy name. Huh? What? Carole's job was as a producer. She's won Emmys as a result. How did the Kennedy name influence that? Aviva, she who has written a memoir and no doubt has mentioned her parents and her connection to Fran Drescher, says that it wasn't Carole's place to...write about Anthony, JFK, Jr., and Carolyn Bessette, because...some sort of convoluted Aviva looney tunes logic where Carole is wrong for writing her memoir but Aviva is right for writing ("writing") her own.

*Valerie's twitter bio: "Author of It's Hard Not to Hate You, Thin Is the New Happy, Four Of a Kind, and many other books. NYT bestselling ghostwriter, mom, blogger, cat lover." Nary a word about being an editor.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 5

Aviva is full of contractions -- to the point where she makes absolutely no sense.  If she's trying to make a point or prove one, it's always lost cuz she simply makes no sense.  Her law school education was absolutely wasted on her.  She clearly took away nothing from it.  Her lack of any sense of logic speaks volumes.

We get it, Aviva.  You're not exactly difficult to read.  You saw Carole as an easy to target to torture cuz you figured she wouldn't be able to defend herself.  And you just continue to focus on ripping on her for absolutely no reason.  It's vicious & this is what I would call bullying.  Enough, Aviva.  It's disgusting.  Stop it.  Cut it out & leave Carole alone.  Carole got it right.  Aviva is merely desperate to stay on a reality show.  I've had more than enough of hearing bout her.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

It just dawned on me who Aviva reminds me: the Salahis from RHoDC. Particularly at the reunion when Andy couldn't pin down any kind of answer from Michaele and Tareq. It was as frustrating then as it is now when Aviva lies. 

• Love 3

I wonder if Carole can sue this Tricia Boczkowski for slander. I hope she does and puts book gate to bed for good. I also love how Aviva can write about her life but Carole can't. Maybe Aviva's father wanted to tell the story and Aviva robbed him of the chance. It's as if her blinding hatered of Carole has turned her brain to liquid.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 3

Aviva is actually attempting to sully Carole's writing career. She threw it out about the ghostwriter and there are folks who will believe that and believe that Carole is not a writer at all. Aviva, of all people, knows how the world works. She is heinous; unforgivable; a boil on the butt of society. She throws legs in restaurants and claims to have phobias that she doesn't have. She is as bad as her old man. I hope she's gone from this show.

• Love 3

See, but Aviva counts on the notion Carole is actually a dignified woman & just would not sink to her level no matter how much Aviva comes at her.  Aviva said on this part of the reunion that after the 12th time, she thought Carole was protesting too much.  Ugh, another statement from Aviva which made no sense.  No, Aviva kept repeating the same lie that Carole had a ghostwriter.  Carole was merely defending herself & countering Aviva every time she blurted out this lie.  What's wrong with that?  Defending yourself against someone blurting out a lie on national TV is something Aviva has a prob with, eh?  

Now, what Carole should have done was say Reid is involved with insider trading & anyone who deals with him is dealing with a con artist & repeat this over & over & over & over & over & over.  Let's see how Veevs would love it if Reid's business dried up completely and if such statements would lead to an investigation of him by the SEC or IRS.  But Carole would never do such a thing.  She only mentioned in one of her Bravo blogs (and maybe in her Twitter too) if she did this, it would be comparable to what Aviva did to her.  But the point is she never actually made such accusations on the show & I'm sure she never would cuz it's just not her style at all.

The problem for Aviva is nobody wants to deal with her now cuz they all know full well she's capable of such vile behavior & will turn on anyone.  I can see even loopy, deluded Sonja backing away from her quickly if she said the wrong thing to her.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6

That's true. But on the other hand Carole has as many issues as the Kennedy Library. It is just that they were all ghost written. Just like "Profiles in Courage."

It's a family tradition. Just sayn'

Carole isn't a Kennedy and never claimed to be one. I hope you know the Kennedy Library doesn't serve as a public library. No one is sitting at a front desk checking books out. 

• Love 2

I am rewatching this season, just watched the scene in the Hamptons after the debacle at Lu Ann's BBQ. Aviva just let us all know that it took a lot of courage to tell her story and she lifts up people every day, it's second nature to her.

Aviva is such a delusional bitch. These episodes are much more enlightening when you've seen the season.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 4

I wonder if Carole can sue this Tricia Boczkowski for slander. I hope she does and puts book gate to bed for good. I also love how Aviva can write about her life but Carole can't. Maybe Aviva's father wanted to tell the story and Aviva robbed him of the chance. It's as if her blinding hatered of Carole has turned her brain to liquid.

Maybe Heather will take it upon herself to sue Tricia on behalf of Carole.  Carole and Aviva need to stop giving interviews about it.

See, but Aviva counts on the notion Carole is actually a dignified woman & just would not sink to her level no matter how much Aviva comes at her.  Aviva said on this part of the reunion that after the 12th time, she thought Carole was protesting too much.  Ugh, another statement from Aviva which made no sense.  No, Aviva kept repeating the same lie that Carole had a ghostwriter.  Carole was merely defending herself & countering Aviva every time she blurted out this lie.  What's wrong with that?  Defending yourself against someone blurting out a lie on national TV is something Aviva has a prob with, eh?  

Now, what Carole should have done was say Reid is involved with insider trading & anyone who deals with him is dealing with a con artist & repeat this over & over & over & over & over & over.  Let's see how Veevs would love it if Reid's business dried up completely and if such statements would lead to an investigation of him by the SEC or IRS.  But Carole would never do such a thing.  She only mentioned in one of her Bravo blogs (and maybe in her Twitter too) if she did this, it would be comparable to what Aviva did to her.  But the point is she never actually made such accusations on the show & I'm sure she never would cuz it's just not her style at all.

The problem for Aviva is nobody wants to deal with her now cuz they all know full well she's capable of such vile behavior & will turn on anyone.  I can see even loopy, deluded Sonja backing away from her quickly if she said the wrong thing to her.

I get Carole being mad at Aviva -I don't get Carole going after Reid.  Tacky and a little vicious.  All this discussion about how evil Ramona is in saying Jonathan is vanilla and the Count cheated but Carole intentionally putting a false rumor out there seems very unprincesslike.  Sounds like Carole is very versed in the limits of the contracts and what they can and cannot get away with.  As to Aviva it is all she has is pushing the limits and irritating people. 

Try as they might Carole and Aviva just cannot make 'Bookgate' interesting for me.

• Love 1
I don't get Carole going after Reid.  Tacky and a little vicious.

Sheesh, it's much more than tacky & a little vicious -- it's really awful, if quite effective.  But it's extremely distasteful & it certainly ain't Carole's style at all.  She'd never do that in a zillion years.  Just mentioned it as possibility.  Ah, but my sensibilities are far different than Carole's.  I've been a corporate lawyer/shark for 15 years.  Aviva could never get away with doing to me what she's done (& is continuing to do) to Carole.  I wouldn't allow it.  Anyhoo, I'm just saying the way to really get Aviva to STFU is to go after Reid's rep & destroy him & his business (or rather, suggest in a non-threatening way, of course, how it could & would be done).  Awful?  Oh yeah,  Shrugging, but it's just what I'd do to get her to back off & go away.  And I assure you, she'd be gone in a second -- never to be heard from again.

I would bet money that Aviva spent a lot of time watching the way Brandi Glanville worked the crowd in S3. She needed drama and needed it bad, so she said something that was guaranteed to get a big reaction. She spent time trying to get some gals on her side early, in Aviva's case it was Sonja and Ramona. She knew that would be easy. All she needed to do was to tell them they looked great and they would be hers. She didn't count of the fact that they would completely flip out and be of no real service to her. I believe she thought that she could do something so dramatic that she would get an extremely intense reaction from Carole, maybe even a lawsuit - or the threat of one. Why not? Even though the gals know they cannot sue each other, it wasn't well known to the audience. It worked for Brandi. She did this whole awful thing, but the audience forgot quickly about what Brandi had done, and instead focused on the reaction to what she had done. By the end of the season, you didn't hear "boo" on the blogs or most forums about Brandi's horrible deal, it was all about what a dick Mauricio was for not being sympathetic to a single mother, or how mean Faye was for calling her out, or Kyle for not believing her. Of course Adrienne got most of the blame for the way that she reacted. Adrienne continued to shoulder most of the blame, even when we learned that she hadn't reacted in the way Brandi accused her of, and Brandi had lied about the whole deal. I think that this is what Aviva was counting on. The problem is that while Brandi might be horrible, she does possess charm and the ability to make people feel sorry for her. Brandi also had a big weapon in having Lisa on her side. Aviva has zero charm, and she had no one with any credibility to give two shits. She also didn't get what she really wanted, which was the reaction she was hoping for. In the end, the only real reaction that caused a stir was her own throwing of her leg. Epic fail Aviva.

I have a theory about how "Bill Whitworth was Carole's ghost writer" came to be. I posted in Carole's thread an hour and a half talk that Bill Whitworth was part of where he discusses how he moved into editing. It enlightened me a bit.

Now, given how Aviva completely denied that she had her facts wrong in St. Barth's when accusing Sonja and Ramona of getting drunk and bringing home different men each night (even in the face of Sonja and Ramona correcting her to say that it was LuAnn who got drunk and brought home a guy), I learned that Aviva will be wrong wrong wrong while still advancing the narrative she's constructed in her head. Not only that, she'll try to convince others that what she's saying is right; that what she heard (and twisted) is the absolute true version of events. So, how does this tie into "Bill Whitworth the ghost writer" narrative?

I have a feeling that during one of her working meetings with Valerie Frankel (her ghost writer), Judith Newman (a co-writer), and Tricia Boczowski (her editor and who Aviva later names as the source of her gossip) (by the way, all three women are given thanks in Aviva's acknowledgements and in the same order I've written them here), there were a lot of suggestions about how to present Aviva's material. Aviva probably asked something like, "Is this what happened when Carole wrote her book?" Tricia (likely, since she's an editor) probably responded that Carole had Bill Whitworth on her side and that when he was in the magazine business (editor of The New Yorker followed by becoming editor at The Atlantic before retiring [Aside: he would have been retired already by the time Carole sought his wisdom]), he was well-known for being a very hands-on editor. 

Tricia might have even said that Bill (though not Carole's official editor from her publishing house) probably really helped Carole whip her prose into shape and helped her present her recollections in a fluid way. And Aviva's mind filtered it as "Oh, so he was her ghost writer, too?" and that was that.

And for further clarity (thank you Google books!), here's what Carole wrote in her acknowledgments about Bill Whitworth: "Many thanks to Bill Whitworth, the 'Nijinksy' of editors, whose endless wise counsel kept me focused and sane; who introduced me to the jazz trumpet, the perfect hard-boiled egg, and the power of a well-placed comma. And who made me feel like one of the 'big boys,' if only for a moment."

Tl;dr--Aviva misrespresented some shit...as per usual.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 4

Oh God she couldn't just say 'Thank you, Bill Whitworth'.  Who I can assure you does not deal in 'the power of a well-placed comma'.  That would be the copy-editor's job.  You know, the one Carole was bitching about in her poor editor's office.

But I digress.

I think Aviva is not someone I would spend a lot of time with but I suspect there's more to Aviva than we have seen.  I also suspect that it came down to Carole or Aviva next season and the show chose Carole.  Maybe because of her close connections with Andy Cohen but more probably because she brings a downtown vibe that the show hasn't had for a while since Bethenny and Alex left.  So the editors 'briefed against' Aviva.  Not that she didn't give them a ton of stuff to work with.

I've also been thinking about disgusting unGorgeous George.  In the reunion Aviva said he never behaved in the way he does now until around the time his wife died.  Far be it from me to try and get the old goat off the hook, but his behaviour is so extreme that I wonder if he had some kind of small cerebral accident at that time which led to this.  Fathers who sexualize their daughters and behave in an overtly sexual way around them don't normally start in later life.  But a little undetected stroke in the right area of the brain could remove the tethers that normally exist in polite society.  And he would have been under unbelievable stress at that time.

Oh God she couldn't just say 'Thank you, Bill Whitworth'.  Who I can assure you does not deal in 'the power of a well-placed comma'.  That would be the copy-editor's job.  You know, the one Carole was bitching about in her poor editor's office.

But I digress.

Except that in the video (in Carole's thread), Bill does actually wax rhapsodic about how important he finds grammar and how he regards it in the editing process.

• Love 3

I've also been thinking about disgusting unGorgeous George. In the reunion Aviva said he never behaved in the way he does now until around the time his wife died. Far be it from me to try and get the old goat off the hook, but his behaviour is so extreme that I wonder if he had some kind of small cerebral accident at that time which led to this. Fathers who sexualize their daughters and behave in an overtly sexual way around them don't normally start in later life. But a little undetected stroke in the right area of the brain could remove the tethers that normally exist in polite society. And he would have been under unbelievable stress at that time.

I've never seen sexual acting out like George does except in my Alzheimer's patients, and that's the truth. So I've wondered about some organic disease of the brain as well, quaintirene. Of course, he could also just be a disgusting pervert and, maybe, he always was.

Edited by technorebel
  • Love 5